[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WW1 Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

You have been part of the 369th Infantry Regiment for three years now. You volunteered because your life was going nowhere except to dark places you don't want to hear about anymore. You've been placed in this regiment with all the others drafted african americans and since you're not to be trusted, after training you were just assigned simple tasks in small cities were the general population view you only as vermin.

But now is your time to shine, to proove your worth. You were sent to France days ago and just arrived on shore. There's still a lot of time to spend with your fellow men during the train journey trough France to the front.

You're sitting in an old train car with five comrades. You're tired but ethousiast, you've never fought a real war before and can't wait to get here so you sing songs about your homeland.

The train suddendly stops. The checker informs you that there has been an issue with the engine and the train will be stopped in the small village nextdoor for a few days. What do you do ? You haven't received orders from your superiors yet.
>>
>>1688876
Where is our sergeant?
Never do anything your sarge doesn't tell you to do.

>Find the sarge.
>>
>>1688880
>Find the sarge.

You get up and look out of the car, followed by your mates. You see the sarge is guiding the troops out of the train, asking them to take all their belongings and not to forget anything and that you'll pitch your tents outside, near the train station.
>>
>>1688883
Can't choose to play as a German :(
>>
>>1688883
Well then, I suppose we should set up with the others.
>>
>>1688900
This

Seems like a good thread so far OP. TFW no WW1 or 2 German solider changing history for the Germans to win :(
>>
>>1688900
>>1688902
I'd say you can have plenty of occasions to make the French cucks instead

Well you follow the rest of the group. The squad that was in this train is made up of 15 or so soldiers, most of the troops are already on the front. You all pitch your tents and you check your belongings.

You have

>3 uniforms
>2 set of everyday clothes
>1 set of parade clothes
>1 gourd of water
>1 flask of homemade alcohol
>1 picture of you house with your family in front of it
>some french money that was given to you in exchange for your good american dollars
>weapons you're not yet allowed to use
>enough shitty rations for a week

You have to share a tent with two other men who you don't know very well. One seems to have a Louisiana accent and speak a little french as he is cheesily chatting up a woman apparently sent here to bring some blankets as a gift from the town and the other is even younger than you are and is just carefully packing is stuff in a corner without making a sound.
>>
>>1688913
Once we get out space sorted out, get to know the other soldiers, small talk mostly.
>>
>>1688924
Who do you talk to first ? What do you say more precisely ?
>>
>>1688925
Probably start with the young bloke, and just some general bant (where does he come from, fav baseball team ect.)
>>
>>1688926
You go to the young man who seems pretty shy and has thick glasses. You start talking about where he comes from, how he ended up here and he opens up a bit, warming up to your presence.

He tells you he's from a small town in Colorado and enrolled because he wanted to make his father proud. You see on top of his folded clothes there's a picture of what seems to be a pretty big, pretty poor family.

He sighs and asks you where you come from and offers to share some coffee he bought before hopping on the train that he kept warm by wrapping his flask in clothes.

So, where do you come from ? What do you tell him/ask him ?
>>
>>1688933
Let's say we come from california, parents work in factory/stay at home.

We'll take that coffe.
>>
>>1688955
You find out he's named Karim and is only 18.

You both talk for a while, you find he is pretty smart for a Colorado farm boy and seems to have researched about the war going on. He doesn't seem as thrilled as everyone else about it, talking about an immobile war, cold and hunger.

You don't know about it but you don't think much of what he says. after a while, there's not much coffe left and the men outside are shouting about having dinner with people from the village in the center of the camp.

Karim doesn't feel like going but you think you can convince him. You smell meat cooking. What do you do ?
>>
>>1688965

Gotta get a warm meal while you still can, from here on out it;s more c-rations.

Ask him why he has cold feet.
>>
>>1688971
sure
>>
>>1688971
>>1688975
He says he doesn't feel comfortable around here and would rather spend the evening reading in the tent, but tells you to go have fun and not worry.

You get outside the tent and find that all soldiers are gathered with a few frenchies around a fire on which a stew seems to be cooking. The french people consist mainly of women, some children playing hide and seek between the tents and an old man who is apparently getting along very well with your other tentmate. You don't undrestand a thing of what they're saying but you get the impression they're telling jokes or maybe stories.

Your mates make room for you around the fire and people start pulling out flasks from the coats and drinking in an almost discreet manner. The sarge is himself talking to a strong, tall women with her sleeves rolled up who doesn't seem to be in a good mood and apparently speaks a bit of english.

What do you do while everything's cooking ?
>>
>>1688984
Get some food for ourselves, make sure to save some for Karim.

(Might pack it in for the night, as i'm very tired.)
>>
>>1688985
(don't worry man I'll still be here tomorrow)
>>
>>1688985
Will support this
>>
>>1688985
The food's not ready yet though. Do you want to sit quiet and wait until it is ?
>>
>>1689045
We should mingle with our squad mates. Good to know who has your back in the trenches
>>
>>1689052
You chat with them for a while. All of them complain about how little action was happening back in their state, how they're eager to start fighting real enemies.

It's around April so the night is pretty warm around the fire, the old frenchie started singing in his language and you don't have a clue what it means. The seargent is sitting in a corner with the angry woman, apparently negociating something.

The stew is soon ready and some of the girls start pouring it into your bowls and you start eating. The girls are pretty but they look exhausted, their hands are scratched and their smiles look worn out.

The food is good even though you're not used to that much onion, the meat is way better than what you had at home, not even mentionning the rations. Everything seems calm throughout the group but all the french are a bit tense.

You are carful to take a bowl of stew to Karim who seems surprised and thanks you warmly before returning to his reading. When you come back to the campfire, two girls started dancing to the tune one soldier is playing on his harmonica, the sarge has come bakc and the angry woman is out of sight. The old frenchie and your mate are still talking and singing but you feel something odd and disturbing between those two without being able to put a finger on it.

What do you want to do before going to sleep ?
>>
>>1689081
Field strip and clean our weapons. We should take care of them so they can take care of us
>>
>>1689106
Alright I'm going to sound really stupid but what does Field strip mean ? Not my first language
>>
>>1689123
Disassemble for maintenance.
>>
>>1689123
Take them apart as much as you can without going to a gunsmith. It's ok, I can't expect /qst/ to be as /k/ as me
>>
>>1689126
>>1689129
Ok thanks

You go to your tent and get your weapons. It's not much, a combat knife and a rifle. They told you the french would give you equipment once you're there. You clean everything and Karim joins you in what seems to be real fun for him. He talks to you a bit about how it all works and what you're doing wrong.

It's getting late, the srage is starting to ask the group to go to sleep but when you get to your tent, there's only Karim and you.

What do you do ?
>>
>>1689134
Thank Karim for his help and hit the sack. Can't fight while sleep deprived
>>
>>1689139
You go to sleep and have a great night.

The day after you feel refreshed, it's been a long time since you've had a night like this. Maybe it's because you've been spending your days and nights on a boat...

You wake up and the sarge is calling for volunteers outside to help people in the village.
Karim is waking up as well, lost his glasses between the blankets. You don't see the third guy.

What do you do ?
>>
>>1689147
Step forward. Time to win some hearts and minds
>>
>>1689151
You dress up and get out of the tent, presenting yourself as ready to help. Your other tent mate is already here and seems pretty well rested for a guy that went to sleep later and got up earlier than you.

You sarge asks you what you'd rather do

>Go teach English to the children at school for a bit
>Help sow the crops in the farms around
>Help women at the small ammunition factory
>Go help repair the roof of the mayor's house that took a bombshell a few weeks ago
>>
>Go help repair the roof of the mayor's house that took a bombshell a few weeks ago

Fixing things is a useful skill
>>
>>1689169
You follow a few other men to the Mayor's house which is visibly old and was visibly half destroyed recently. Some people have started the repair but the roof is hard to do since it's high and all young men have left for the trenches.

The angry woman you saw yesterday is standing under the porch, prepairing tools and wood for you.

>Hello ! Thanks yoo for comin.

She's clearly trying to seems happy but you guess really fast that as the mayor's wife, she has been managing everything since he left.
>>
>>1689177
Is OP still awake? I just woke up.
>>
>>1688876
Fuck off battlefield faggot
>>
>>1689609
I just woke up, will be available for the next five hours
>>
>>1692422
Right, I'd like to continue but I'm worried that I'm the only one playing.
>>
>>1692953
yes
>>
>>1689177
greet her and get on with work?
>>
>>1692953
>>1692988
>>1693181
Sorry I wasn't here for two days, long weekend where there's no connection
Alright so, let's restart shall we ?

You start working with your mates who are quite glad to be helping. The lady does her part too, fixing other stuff around the house. You see two children, around 8, running around looking for their stuff before going to school. They seem not to worry at all.

After a few hours of hard work, the Mayor's wife, who tells you she's called Hélène, brings you a hot meal, a jug of water and half a pint of ale each, telling you that you can stop for now, the sun's too high and you'll risk passing out.

She sits with you to eat and seems to warm up a bit now that the children are out of the way and starts to try and make small talk.

What do you do/tell her ?
>>
>>1697583
Hit on Mayor's wife.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.