[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Civs Vol. 2.1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: map1.png (1MB, 1204x1200px) Image search: [Google]
map1.png
1MB, 1204x1200px
I have returned with a modified version, where there will be fewer teams so we can progress faster. All other mechanics should work the same as before.

Rules:
>Players create their own civ and assign the civ on a land
>Players can distribute population into multiple cities on their territory
>Two 'development' actions along with one regular action
>Development actions can develop magic, tech, or culture
>Regular actions are limited only by the people in your civ and money in your treasury. You can use them to build, explore, fight, etc.
>civs start with 1000 guys
>starting population income will be 100 per turn
>once a civ is picked, give names for civ, cities, culture, and who populates it. Just a sort of intro to the civ and what kind of culture it has. As a point of reference, progress is around Bronze Age tech, and you can have whatever knowledge is included there.
>everyone has a starting magic based on your pick of race
>everyone starts with housing and five farms total

Magic:
>magic has a price. Every research into magic you must sacrifice something (population, food, land, water, etc.). Amount that you sacrifice determines how powerful the magic will be. Eg. I sacrifice 20 people to learn fire magic, I can heat things up with touch. I sacrifice 2000 people to learn fire magic, I can shoot jets from my palms.
>every 'magic unit' will require a similar sacrifice, but of a much smaller scale. You will essentially need to purchase the research with a large sacrifice, and every magical unit with smaller units of that sacrifice.

Action Costs:
> Build Settlement (500 gold)
> Build Building (Barracks, Market, Mine, Temple, Watchtower, etc.) (250 gold)
> Explore (free)
> Build military unit (50 gold)
> Upgrade Building (50 gold per upgrade)
> Build road (variable)

Lets make things interesting this time. I want no human factions, it must be a fantasy race.
>>
File: sample.jpg (2MB, 2490x3546px) Image search: [Google]
sample.jpg
2MB, 2490x3546px
Player choice: If everyone selects a race from here, we will use the racial characteristics in game. You are free to be as creative with races as you can however.

Sample civ entry:
>Urtuph,
>Race - Trolls
>Capital – Hanrak (650)
>Villages - Thanwet (150), Korval (200)
>Culture – The trolls of the Island of Urtuph have had a hard life, clinging to subsistence on their inhospitable island. The north is a rocky wasteland, the centre barren hills with little but heather and grass. Winters are cold and the land is constantly swept by chill winds and currents from the north. Only in the south west, where the rest of the island provides a little shield, does the climate approach bearable, where a river runs that does not freeze in winter and trees grow in the swampy valleys.
>>
Constructive Criticism time

The reason the last one wasn't interesting is because it died out like 5 turns in. These things take time for people to grow into it. There aren't rush strategies and this isn't an RTS. Give it time. Consistency will take you further because a nation or civ in this is like having a character in an RPG. You're not going to love it instantly, but you'll like it more and more over time.

Secondly, 4 players is really low. If even 1 person stops playing it will throw off the entire dynamic so you'll either need to be prepared to introduce new people frequently. As for the races, I don't particularly understand what any of these stats are supposed to mean or how they relate at all to your in game actions. Do Orcs take a roll penalty to magic development or do they just get worse results? There's stats without any relation to how those stats play into anything.

I've played a lot of these and I want to see them succeed so I want to identify some of the traps I see early enough for you to fix them.
>>
ok, i will try it

> Sco'tuel
> Race: Insects
> Capital: The Tomb: (700)
> Villiages: Brewic (200), Holmster (100)

> Culture: The hive mind of the Sco'tuels make things fast and clear for everyone. The Tomb located on northen plains, is a never-sleeping effectivity orientated city. The west is a swamp, situable for farming. Centre, covered by a dence forest and wild rivers. Winters ale mild. And climate is bearable for a well adapted race as Sco'tuel.
Its my first time, i hope i did it well
>>
>>1687529
Were just looking at the racial perks, not the stats.
>>
>>1687376
Name: Kisber
Race: Dwarves
Capital: Kisber (1000)
Culture: A single city where all the Dwarves congregate due to uncertainty off the wild and dangers that might lurk there. The Dwarves worship a God known Aule who first created the Dwarves. Along with worship of Aule, reverence for ones ancestors is also very widespread and prominent among the Dwarf hold. The city itself is led by a king who is said to be descended from the chosen of Aule who was meant to lead the Dwarf people.
>>
>>1687537
>>1687689
Which territory will you choose?
>>
>>1687706
I'll take territory 3, unless if other anon meant to chose it. Then I'll take 2.
>>
File: MapClaim.png (1MB, 1204x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MapClaim.png
1MB, 1204x1200px
>>1687376
>Name: Scaled Ones
>Race: Lizardfolk
>Capital: Gazer's Peak, (700)
>Villages: Tongue Reach(150), Larbaster(150)
>Culture: Led by their faith of the Great Watcher Above, the Lizardfolk have begun to claim land and make cities in the name of GWA.
>>
MapClaim.png
1MB, 1204x1200px
>Eledhen
>Race - Machines
>Capital – Vallaress (400)
>Villages - Egiorias (250), Resealar (110), Orias (95), Calonde (95)
>Culture – Machines from millennia past rise from the dirt and create spare towns made from spare rubbish
>>
File: mapv1.png (1MB, 1204x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mapv1.png
1MB, 1204x1200px
updated. I assume from the Insectanon's description, he meant territory 1?
>>
>>1687794
damn it
>>
>>1687807
sorry anon, looks like the dwarves called it before you.
>>
MapClaim.png
1MB, 1204x1200px
>>1687818
I guess I'll take the scraps of the north then even though the eastern territory would be nice
>>
File: mapv1.png (1MB, 1204x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mapv1.png
1MB, 1204x1200px
Okay, everyone post their first turns!
>>
>>1687878
What can we even do? Do we have any money yet?
>>
Everyone starts with 1000 gold and small income, and the only buildings are your farms and your dwellings.
>>
>>1687878
>>1687902
Regular:I'll build a Mine
Development: I'll research into tech and culture
>>
>>1687902
Do we choose our starting magic or do you? Do we need to sacrifice for it at first?

Also in the OP you have two different rules for how many regular actions we can do, is it 1 or many?
>>
>>1687919
Thats just a typo, should be many regular actions.

Starting Magics;
> Dwarves: Geomancy (I) - erode minerals using magic
> Insects: Geomancy (I) - erode minerals using magic
> Lizardfolk: Flame (I) - summon one inch flames from their fingertips and warm things up by touch
> Machines: Golemancy - create brethren machines from different materials and sizes. Additional modifications must be researched.

Other Bonuses:
> Dwarves will gain additional mining income
> Insects gain ONE mutation they can add and choose to breed into their population (shell, wings, stinger, etc.). Other mutation opportunities to arrise later
> Lizardfolk can choose to gain a mythical leader or elemental attunement (the attunement will be a tier two elemental magic, but will replace your starting one)
> Machines can choose ONE modification they can manufacture along with their standard model. (titan, armored, drone, etc.)
>>
>>1687878
Thank you.

Bonus:
>Elemental Attunement

Tech:
>Ship making, the rivers and sea are ours to explore
>Water-Mills, using wheels and poles we can increase the power of blacksmith forged and increase food production

Actions:
>Explore the mountains around Gazer's Peak
>Mine in Gazer's Peak
>Market in Gazer's Peak
>Build a road from GP to TR
>>
Can I have the territory 4?
Name: Legion
Race: Undead
Territory: 4
Capital: The Tomb (700)
Villages: N/a: Wanderers
Culture: Follows hivemind of the leader.
>>
>>1687878
Construct a mine in Kisber
Build walls around the current village

Research fine bronze metallurgy
Develop a writing script on clay tablets
>>
>>1687998
Ok, lemme retry that again, ignore my other post
Bonus:
>Titan Unit
Tech:
>Research into architecture
>Research military battle techniques
Actions:
>Explore the wilderness
>Build a Barracks, a mine, and a Temple
>>
>>1688033
Yeah, if insectanon is mia for too long you can probably take over.
>>
>>1688123
I'd wanna limit your numbers though so the factions arent unbalanced too much.
>>
>>1688123
Keep in mind it is late in the states.
>>
>>1688132

I know, no plns to rush, gonna head off to bed in an hour threads not gonna go anywhere though so we can wait.
>>
the Lord of Sco'tuel here.

we develop a better farming system and better food conservation

then we explore the south, carefully
>>
>inb4 op abandons thread
>>
>>1688982
OP updates at random. He will be back. He's trying to fine tune this game. The first run was fun for a while... and had 6 nations.
>>
>>1689044
I believe the first had seven nations. 2 Human nations, one elf, a hobgoblin, a golem, a dryad and a nation of insects.
>>
NO HUMANS!?
oh well then.... kys
>>
>>1689273
Insect > humans
>>
>>1689070
The second one had seven as well but op dropped a few turns in. It had three or four humans though iirc
>>
>>1688182
I was looking forward to slimeing this up. Let me know if you have room for vagabond faction (ie. Don't own land, just wander around fucking shit up.)
>>
And so, OP never posted.
>>
>>1701283
Feels bad man
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.