[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knights Order Quest #3: The Blackbird Conspiracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: qstbegin.png (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
qstbegin.png
46KB, 512x512px
Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Knights+Order

“Lord Elarian, take your men to the surface! Try and contain the beast in the camp! I trust the strengths of your party, Lord Greyson’s and the walled men are enough to destroy it before it causes too much damage!”

Elarian nods, and runs through the tunnel as fast as he can with his full armor. The clanking noises follow them out.

You rush into the tunnel, shouting at Arjo and the rest to join you up ahead and try and pin the running lord. Ahead and behind you are the loud noises of boots on rock and puddles. The terrain attempts to sweep your feet from underneath, but you maintain your balance and continue keeping pace. You never see the lord ahead of you; you only hear it.

Eventually, the path moves upwards. The farther up it goes, the brighter the tunnel appears. You assume a crawling position at some points, pulling yourself farther with your gauntlets. Arjo takes lead the entire time, but doesn’t manage to fire a shot just yet.

You meet Arjo outside, where you find yourself at a smaller cave entrance. A couple miles to your left is the walls of the Great Plateau. To the right, the Border Wall, far away. Despite the distance, you can hear the noises of battle cutting through the flat rocky land. You remind yourself to block this tunnel on your way back.

You look in the distance and see the lord fleeing on foot. Arjo runs a good distance forward, and nocks an arrow. You hope today he makes his mark.

Roll 1d100
>>
It is the third day of the week today. Here are our current stats.

> Party:
>> MC: Arrison Set, Ramcape, Ramshield, greaves, longsword
>> Arjo, the Arrow: bow, helmet, longsword, quiver (60).
>> Aurochs, the Giant: chainmail, helmet, pauldrons, gauntlets, maul
>> Auster Daringer, the Redeemed: chainmail, helmet, longsword, wooden buckler, healing tome
>> Dorian, the Squire: chainmail, helmet, longsword, wooden buckler.
>> Eustace Beauregard, the Portly: breastplate, helmet, longsword.
>> Jon Bradley, the Charming: chainmail, helmet, longsword, wooden buckler.
>> Kenneth, the Squire: chainmail, helmet, longsword, wooden buckler.
>> Maynard Greenfield, the Young:
>> Nessa, the Nestress:
>> Rodrick, the Squire: bow, chainmail, quiver (60).
>> Scott Briarbatch, the Rookie:
>> Wallace Barenby, the Veteran: breastplate, helmet, longsword.
>> Wendell, the Squire: bow, chainmail, quiver (60).
>> Westhrop Norby, the Sword: breastplate, helmet, greatsword.
>> Duncan, the Dungeonmaster
>> Smiles, the Smithy

>Fleet
>> The Stubborn Mistress [Medium Speed, Highest Durability, Medium Cargo]

> Balance: 550 gold (revenues 40, expenses 14 due to food costs)

Assets:
> 7 sets of Chainmail
> 9 longswords
> 9 helmets
> 1 pair of pauldrons
> 1 pair of gauntlets
> 1 pair of greaves
> 1 maul
> 1 greatsword
> Ramshield [Large Kite Shield with Ram; increased defense and reputation]
> Ramcape [Increased Intimidation and Reputation to wearer]
> 4 Bows
> 3 Quivers (60 arrows each)
> 4 wooden bucklers
> 3 breastplate
> 12 Barrels of Rum
> Viscather Keep with Smithy and Village with Ferry, Fishing Docks, Trading Port, and Study (40 gold per week)
> Arrison Set [Helmet styled with elongated snout and boar tusks, rest of set dark black with red engravements; increases defense and Intimidation on the wearer]

Sometimes I tell people when I post on twitter @Sir_OP2017
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1684249
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1684249
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>1684249
>>
File: golem.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
golem.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
The arrow is loosed. It flies far, striking the Lord’s heel. He staggers, but doesn’t stop. You run up to catch up to him, before the Blackbird Lord is met by mysterious robed men. A few stay back, ready to meet you with steel hammers. You evade the first strike, striking once more with your blade. The ram shield catches the next strike, pushing you back. Bradley charges and strikes hard into the robes. The blade is caught int he assailant’s arm, but holds his weapon arm down for you to swipe at the neck. A stony head flies out.

“What in the world…” The body is still mobile, the headless opponent taking the opportunity to pull away from Bradley’s sword and face you once more with the steel hammer. You see two of the others do the same, having been parried by your fellow soldiers. They back up, hammers wielded defensively.

“Until we meet again!” you hear a scream from the top of the plateau. The tented platform holds the Blackbird Lord, waving his sword triumphantly. The coward turns in, avoiding death for the day.

“Have you no honor?!?” The accusal is met by silence from the hills. The robed stone men take this as cue to start striking.

The battle is very tiresome. Despite outnumbering the foes 7 to 1, the assailants continue fighting as well as they can even without heads. The Dryvian Hound manages to jump on one’s back, distracting it enough for Jon Bradley to crouch and slide his shield underneath, sweeping the opponent off his feet. He wastes no time demolishing the fallen foe’s limbs to the point where it stopped moving.

“The legs!” Bradley shouts, “Go for the legs!”

The squires play cautiously, Rodrick attempting to shoot arrows into stone, and Kenneth cautiously raising his shield high to weather the heavy blows. After being worn down enough, Barenby comes in and swings as hard as he can into the midsection. It seems he got more pain from the blow than the rocky man, yet the blow was enough to cause the rock man to lose his ground and tumble.

The final opponent was whittled down by numerous arrow shots, and finished off with continuous shield bashing courtesy to yourself and Barenby. Disrobing the creatures, you find them of human figure but earth where there would be flesh.

“Abominations! What sort of twisted ritual do these men perform?”

“You manage to pick up the three giant war hammers before hearing loud screams from the Rune Camp. You look one final time to the plateau. “This isn’t over Lord Barkheim.”

LOOT:
> 3 Steel Warhammers
>>
—-Wall Camp—-

By the time you rush across to the collapsed wall section, you see a monstrous site. The archdeacon dies, but at the cost of many trooper lives. Quite a few steeds are gone, having fled or died. Lord Elarian trudges up, a live casualty from the attacks. He informs you that Lord Greyson has not received a fate so kind.

“How did he go?” you ask with concern. “What has happened?”

“The Lord Barkheim attempted to mount the beast and stab in from atop. He was ignorant to the fact that the beast’s limbs could reach and pick it up from its back. He was killed from consumption, I’m afraid.”

As Elarian finishes his story, the lower portion of a body is carried off field. The squires moan in horror and Sir Bradley averts his gaze, while the others stare blankly with deep troubles in your eyes.

“I suppose we should discuss this Blackbird Order matter now.” You raise up the face of one of the rock monsters. “These creatures were summoned up to stop me from pursuing Lord Barkheim. Have you any idea what it is?”

“I believe I can help ya thur.” The Wall’s Watcher walks up to you, badly burned on his right ride and shoulder. “These are golems. The tents in the south ya see? On the plateau? They house some powerful nomads. I know cuz every patrol I send tah the mountains are turned around because the damn things. Think they summ'n 'em or som'n. Damned sorcerors.”

You take your helm off and scratch your head. “These golems seem easy to destroy. Why can’t you send a large army to destroy them?”

The Watcher laughs. “My job here is tah MAN the wall, not abandon it! We’re migh’ee fine sitting on this side as long as they don’t come over here. Besides, the damn things are made of rocks. Why, the plateau is nothing but rocks! What kinda army defeats a whole wall of rock!”

You nod, sort of getting his point. “Well as long as those golems reside there, there’s no way we can get to Lord Barkheim.”

“Will you relax milord?” Lord Elarian pats your back with his mailed fist. “We have flushed a disease from this land. Without the Lord, the menace that is the Blackbird Conspiracy will no doubt sputter like a slaughtered sow.”

“True enough, and yet who is to say the Blackbird Cult ends with Barkheim? We know not of the numerous minor initiates who are spotted throughout these lands.”

“We can try and find them,” Elarian begins, “but it will be wasting time if you ask me. Our best bet will be to minimize their influence by securing our borders and stalling their inevitable ritual.”

“Have you heard of the Crimson Tome? It is the apparent Holy Scriptures of the Blackbird Cult. I know for a fact that one would be hidden in Castle Barkheim. Be warned though, Barkheim’s heir is not the friendliest lord.”

“You should consider learning as much as you can from the former cultists as well, as difficult as that may be since these are apparently new recruits.”
>>
“Of course, I am completely willing to help you out in your endeavor! My men are pledged to you when the Incursion comes forth. I feel obliged to give you some sort of reward as well, be it my castle, more initiates, gold, what have you. Let me know if you need any favor!”

"I think given Lord Greyson's unfortunate death, I would also consider going to Greyson Keep and letting them know that their lord's loss was not in vain. They will no doubt seek to aid you in vengeance for their loss."

You thank the helpful lord, and turn in for the night. Your body must heal from he excessive strain you’ve inflicted upon it today.

You wake up the next morning feeling refreshed. It is the fourth day of the week now. Its a day and a half ride to the Shore, a half day’s ride to Castle Barkheim, less than a day’s travel to Castle Elarian, and two days ride to Vistather Keep.

> Return to Viscather
> Find a piece of the Crimson Tome (Shore, Castle Barkheim)
> Interrogate the Cultists
> Go to Greyson Keep
> Ask for Reward (more men, more gold, more supplies, Land, etc.)
> Write In

good night
>>
>>1685457
> Ask for Reward (more men, more gold, more supplies, Land, etc.)
> Write In
Start writing down a combat journal of all the enemies we fought and defeated, and best ways to defeat them.

Research magic, see if we can dispel summoned earth golems.
>>
>>1685457
>reward
Ask for any recruits or hardened men they can spare with proper fitted armor

Also what this guy says >>1685537

Then head towards the guys castle for a crimson time piece
>>
>>1685457
>go to Greyson Keep
>>
File: broody.png (332KB, 464x761px) Image search: [Google]
broody.png
332KB, 464x761px
>>1686126
"Lord Elarian, any more men you can spare will be most welcoming."

"Indeed, I believe your order would serve well with more recruits. I will need to keep my best of course, you understand, but I can send you young up and comers who would no doubt join you in your glorious cause."

Elarian barks out, and two knights armored in full sets come to you on horseback. They seem younger than you, most likely knighted very recently, the usual time nobles are knighted. Dismounting, they both kneel before you.

"That won't be necessary boys. Grandmaster, may I introduce you to Orville and Grover Greyson? They are nephews of both mine and Lord Greyson. Their father was a younger brother of the late Lord Greyson, tragically dead from defending the frontiers east, and mother is my younger sister. They have since now been in my palace since they were wee little things."

"I take it by their resemblance that you are twins?"

"Yes milord." the boys manage to avoid eye contact with you, attempting to appear as humble as they can.

"Are you well trained?"

"Very!" Lord Elarian interrupts. "They are excellent swordsmen, but have little experience in actual battle. Today was the first with that blasted archdemon."

You nod, and Lord Elarian dismisses the boys. They take their horses and rendezvous with the rest of your party.

You eye Lord Elarian a little sharper. "Have you no more men to spare?"

Lord Elarian chuckles. "I suppose you wouldn't be satisfied with blood of my blood eh? Very well, since I owe you a great debt I will gift you three of my junior knights. I would gift more, but there are few in my ranks who would be willing to leave their vassalage, and I share their concerns to be frank."

Elarian takes you to the others this time. Three tall men in chainmail, helmets, greaves, boots, and wielding maces and shields are huddled around a fire, sheening their shields.

"Grandmaster, may I introduce Borace Boyd, Marcus Broody, and Jory Littleton? Young knights they are, and perfectly willing to join you in your mission. Isn't that right fellows?"

The men stand up and salute. They are of your age, maybe older, but being born out of nobility you sense they won't disobey.

New Party Members:
> Orville Greyson, the Twin: full armored set, longsword
> Grover Greyson, the Twin: full armored set, longsword
> Borace Boyd, the Young: chainmail, helmet, longsword, kite shield
> Marcus Broody, the Young: chainmail, helmet, longsword, kite shield
> Jory Littleton, the Young: chainmail, helmet, longsword, kite shield
>>
>>1685537
You start to keep record of the exotic foes you have fought.
> Spined Archdemon: Must be heavily armored. Lots of men best to confuse it, then approach when unable to defend itself any more
> Haragral: ???
> Succubus: Archers very effective, try to shoot it down and treat it like a satyr afterwards
> Satyrs: Sword-and-Shield very effective. Try to corner one. Go for the back or neck
> Golem: Heavy Weapons very effective, try to cripple it
> Imps: Very weak but fast, best to keep it in close room and use heavy weapons to knock it down.

You cannot study magical properties or such of the golems unless you return to your town and peruse your library.

I think we have to still decide between going to Greyson Keep or Barkheim Keep.
>>
>>1686409
So do we do write ins or wait longer for some options?
>>
>>1688456
We wait for either a dice roll to decide or a vote to break it.
>>
We should pursue the lead to barkheim, maybe there is another ritual afoot there or we may find more information on our enemies
>>
>>1686126
Support.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.