[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guardsman Quest #17: Disaster and profit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: 10119772.jpg (81KB, 780x672px) Image search: [Google]
10119772.jpg
81KB, 780x672px
Welp we have a situation on our hands. First off we have a rather pissed off cultist group in the building in front of us, second the orks we sent in are getting the shit kicked out of them, and third we have no idea exactly what is killing our orks.

Now Kali and her guardsmen are within range to assist but we still have no idea what the numbers are for the cultists and what is actually in there, just that it is strong as fuck.

We do have the option of calling in the imperial navy to level this place but that will most assuredly kill our orks, but victory does not come without sacrifice as they say.

Welcome to guardsman quest.
>>
alright quick and dirty, this quest is not for die hard lovers of cannon since fun and shenanigans beat cannon for the most part. Though I will accept info about the warhammer 40k universe general rule of thumb is fun is king here

Here is the link to the Doc archive https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N6DV3ou3h5MO0TZi61pc9jGoMBA4p3S4fJ0rCI6qooM/edit?usp=sharing

here is a link to the character's stats https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VEdRRmqRN2wb661ea1Bz2iXQwqQl2JVgl1OdrmHk3Tk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Now then since the last thread did not have enough votes on what to do we have one vote for 3 and here are the options.

>[1] order Kali and her men to breech the doors, we need to get in there and reinforce the orks. NOW! (fel)
>[2] order Kali and her men to start lobbing grenades into the building. the orks are a lost cause and if something took out that many orks in one go then we would just be feeding a meat grinder.
>[3] have Mirasi take command of the troops, you move to a better position and start firing into that building, you are taking some heads for what they are doing to your orks. (agx2, bsx2)
>[4] Vox up Phe'nia and ask her kindly to get the navy to just bomb this place while you retreat, they probably have more than one demon inside so best to just blast this place to dust.
>[5] write-in
>>
>>1684025
>>[2] order Kali and her men to start lobbing grenades into the building. the orks are a lost cause and if something took out that many orks in one go then we would just be feeding a meat grinder.
>>
I also realize I accidentally called this #17 so let me make this clear we have yet to accidentally ordo chronos ourselves and this is actually #18
>>
>>1684025
>>[2] order Kali and her men to start lobbing grenades into the building. the orks are a lost cause and if something took out that many orks in one go then we would just be feeding a meat grinder.
>>
alright 2 has passed, stop making me wait so damn long.
>>
You shake your head, the Ork deepstrike was not a bad idea in theory but the fact that we did not know what was inside made it suicide. Well we are going to have to apologize to Akkaz later or just not tell him.

you pull out your vox and open comms with Kali "Kali have your men lob grenades into the building."

"and your orks?"

"dead or getting there, better just level the damn place before they move."

"roger." the comm closes and you see Kali's men pull out grenades and begin lobbing them into the building. a few second pass before they explode and suddenly sound returns from inside the building.

you hear loud music blasting from inside as well as the moans of pain from the people in there, good that means they are disoriented and hurt from the barrage. Orks you did not die in vain.

>[1] Alright now we kick down the door and blow some heads open, lets give these whore sons some of the emperor's justice (str, ag, bsx2)
>[2] have Kali's men surround the building, lets do this professionally leave no outs, take no chances. (bsx3, ag)
>[3] lets make sure that what is in there is dead, get Phe'nia to call down an air strike, actually the ship we acquired can do that so why not use it?
>[4] write-in
>>
>>1688118
>[2] have Kali's men surround the building, lets do this professionally leave no outs, take no chances. (bsx3, ag)
>>
I will be back around 5pm satuday, hope to see more of you then.
>>
>>1688782
Nw man, thanks for running and keeping it up. Means alot
>>
>>1688680
Support
>>
alright I apologize for my sudden absence, I will be running this thread tomorrow at 12 pm pst, on other news WOOOO FINALLY THE VOTE NEEDED writing.
>>
but before that give me the roll 4d100 vs 95, 65, 35, 57
>>
Rolled 20, 79, 26, 33 = 158 (4d100)

>>1701742
>>
Rolled 61, 45, 26, 51 = 183 (4d100)

>>1701742
Wonder where everyone went
>>
we got a full success roll so lets go, writing
>>
you pull out your vox "Kali have your men surround the building, if anything moves towards them they have permission to shoot to kill. We are taking to chances today."

"Yes Inquisitor." Kali responds before you watch her men spread out and surround the smoking building.

you pull up your sniper and aim at into the building....... no movement for a bit before you see a bit of smoke move. You take the shot and you hear a muffled yell and a thud, got one.

well headshot celebration could wait as suddenly out of the building jumps two beings, one you immediately note looks like that demon that Phe'nia had you kill on the craftword the claw and such but the other was different.

It had pulled back black hair ending in a short pony tail, he skin was a lighter shade of purple than her counterpart, she wore a business suit that did not even show a bit of damage, her face looked both beautiful and stern, she wielded two short blades, and aside from the horns she looked almost completely human. The one thing that weirded you out is the fact that she had no external injuries, that is bad.

the uninjured one looks up and you and smiles before turning away and the other begins charging you, you waste no time lining up another shot. This time when you pulled the trigger the bullet smashes though the charging demon's sternum. just to make sure you land a headshot as she falls into the rubble.

you look for the other demon and realize she is gone "Well that was not nice." a goading and songbird like voice rings out behind you, you dont even wait for the attack as you launch yourself off the buildings landing and rolling. the demon looks down at you rather annoyed as her blade was stuck in the ground you had just occupied. "Well at the least you will make this more fun than those guardsmen earlier."

>[1] "Mirasi, Terisa open fire kill this demon with extreme prejudice." (Bs, Mirasi's Ws, Terisa WP)
>[2] Attempt to stall the demon with talking, if that thing could move that quickly we can't fight it yet (felx2)
>[3] engage the demon alone, the emperor will see us though this fight (bsx2, wp)
>[4] write-in
>>
>>1705290
>>[4] write-in
Kite the deamon into a place where a large number can volley fire it at once by pretending to try to fight it solo
>>
>>1706000
Supporting
>>
support has been thrown, now then the 4 option will cause a fel, wp, and bs skill roll so give me a 3d100 vs 25, 52, 65
>>
Rolled 72, 10, 93 = 175 (3d100)

>>1707310
>>
Rolled 32, 90, 4 = 126 (3d100)

>>1707310
Emperor guide us!
>>
Rolled 75, 14, 84 = 173 (3d100)

>>1707310
it's just a prank bro
>>
alright so >>1708095 was the best roll though we kinda failed hard at tricking the demon. writing.
>>
you throw on your best scowl "come down here and we will fight coward or are you afraid of a honorable duel."

the demon rolls her eyes "Right because that obviously is not a trap that you set up, also you need to read up on your demonology. A honorable duel wont empower my god any so why bother."

you get flustered at this, usually you can bait demons into dumb decisions, crap this one is smart "well.... um..... well shit."

"I though so, I think I'll just stay up here for now and gun you down as you scurry around like the rat you are." the demon states smugly

A big grin breaks open on your face as you level your sniper "Fine then, more fun for me."

"what?" the demon states a bit confused before a bullet rips right though her left shoulder, she launches herself into the building with a howl of pain getting herself out of danger

>[1] follow her, make sure she does not escape (perx2, bsx2)
>[2] rally some of the men, hunt together so she can't ambush you (fel, per, bs)
>[3] have Phe'nia do an airstrike on the building, just blow the damned thing up
>[4] ignore the demon, It's injured and you can follow the blood trail later, focus on the uninjured cultists now. (per, bsx2)
>[5] write-in
>>
>>1710002
Sniper time lads. It's our spec, track her and gun her down
>>
>>1710002
1v1 sniper only fgt
>>
alright I need to sleep but roll 4d100 vs 39, 59, 65, 75
>>
I'll be back at 5pm pst
>>
Rolled 37, 61, 11, 36 = 145 (4d100)

>>1712177
>>
Rolled 99, 59, 88, 57 = 303 (4d100)

>>1712177
get noscoooooooooped!
>>
well then, this is going to be kinda awkward. Writing.
>>
You charge into the building after the demon, Mirasi has the cultists handled. Demons on the other hand are your specialty and prey, you are not going to let this one escape.

as you enter the building you realize it's rather dark, actually its really fucking dark. Your sniper would be useless here so you sling it on your back and ready your bolter "alright Mr. Blam make me proud." you mutter under your breath as you continue cautiously into the building.

you begin your search to find traces of the demon in the building, but it becomes rather apparent that this demon knew how to cover her tracks. the blood trails led nowhere and it became impossible to look for any other clues on the darkness.

you let out a sigh just as a blade flies out of the shadows and hits your shoulder, the exact same place you shot the demon. thankfully the armor blunts the damage but damn the injury is still really bad (-9 wounds).

You pull your bolter up and retaliate with two shots, you smirk as the demon once more howls in pain and you hear her run once more into the shadows. "Petty bitch aren't you aiming for the same spot I shot you."

>[1] attempt to follow, if she wants to play cat and mouse then you will oblige her (perx2 bs)
>[2] retreat for now, the demon has the advantage here with knowledge of the terrain and you just got injured (ag, per, wp)
>[3] attempt to goad out the demon, maybe some witty words and a few well placed insults. Make her come to us. (felx2, wp, bs)
>[4] write-in
>>
>>1713921
>[1] attempt to follow, if she wants to play cat and mouse then you will oblige her (perx2 bs)
Fuck we gotta pay to our stats. But with a slight alteration. If its this dark and contained then we should start to fall back towards the entrance, we can place our melta bomb under the cover of the dark and by us moving back we'll draw her attention our way and too the exit we will no be in front of. She will have a choice...Have the building drop on her by us or make a break for the exit and weather the hail of Bolter rounds.
>>
>>1714160
supporting
>>
alright give me a roll 3d100 vs 29, 49, 65
>>
Rolled 38, 14, 94 = 146 (3d100)

>>1714789
>vs 29
ggwpnore
>>
Rolled 76, 22, 78 = 176 (3d100)

>>1714789
>>
alright I'll be back at 6pm tomorrow.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.