[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superpower-Less Quest: 01

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 1

File: 3409283.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
3409283.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
Super-Humans Exist. They are the A-list celebrities of your modern world (and B, C, D, E-list, too). They come in all spectacular shapes and sizes, motivations and codes of conduct. The public fascination with them is endless.

You are not one of them. You are a run-of-the-mill young man fresh out of University having got a degree in ‘Super-Human Science and Psychology’ -- Which is the academic pursuit of ‘knowing a lot of things about superhumans’.

Maybe deep in your heart you want to be a superhuman too.
All you know for sure is you’re up to your neck in student loans, and you’ve just moved back in with your single father, and your two younger high-school age siblings.

You’ve been unsure about which avenue you’re going to pursue in life. Right now what sounds best to you?

>[1] Becoming a super-human’s ‘coach’ and ‘manager’ in a bid to guide a nobody into stardom. You have no connections whatsoever, so this will be a real ground-up endeavour.

>[2] To hell with getting a day job. You’re going to get super-powers even if it kills you. You’ll start looking for your radioactive spider today.

>[3] Super-Human journalism is where the real excitement is. Become a photographer / writer and get the scoops on the stories the world needs to know.

>[4] Who needs super-powers? You’re going to join the police force and save lives regardless, powers or no powers. There’s plenty of ‘normal’ crimes to be prevented anyway.

(to avoid confusion the OP image is just for show. I'm not running a One Punch Man Quest. There may be similarities though)
>>
>>1669400
>[3] Super-Human journalism is where the real excitement is. Become a photographer / writer and get the scoops on the stories the world needs to know.
>>
>>1669411
I'm going to wait ten-fifteen minutes from the first response before I write the next bit. I'm sure this will be slow starting but I'm prepared to be around for a few hours today regardless.
>>
>>1669418

You started at a bad time. Plus I think Splattoon 2 comes out today.

You may want to try this again later.
>>
>>1669400
>[4] Who needs super-powers? You’re going to join the police force and save lives regardless, powers or no powers. There’s plenty of ‘normal’ crimes to be prevented anyway.
>>
>>1669400
>>[1] Becoming a super-human’s ‘coach’ and ‘manager’ in a bid to guide a nobody into stardom. You have no connections whatsoever, so this will be a real ground-up endeavour.
>>
>>1669424
It's cool I understand. I'll stick around anyway. I'm not going to get disheartend by lack of response right away /qst/ is a slow board.
>>
>>1669400
>Man
>>
>>
It’s a Monday morning and you’re in the guest room of your childhood home sat with a pen and paper trying to figure out the direction you’re going to go. You jotted down some ideas:

“1. Super-human coach / manager.”
“2. Journalist / Reporter for super-human activity.”
“3. Join the police force.”

You’re undecided on the best outcome. That’s not unusual for you at all. In a way you’ve been stuck in this state of mind your entire life.

You flick aside the pen in frustration and give up trying to decide on anything right now. But what to do now you have an open day and no plans? You open up your old laptop you had since you started university and see if there’s anything interesting going on in town. Here’s what you find:

The Super-Human “Ice Queen” is promoting her new movie at the local cinema. She’s a well-known C-lister. You’ve seen all her films in the past. She’d be worth seeing in person.
There is a “Rookie Exhibition” being held at your local town hall. A place where Super-Human wanna-bes go in search of an agent or manager. Maybe you’ll find someone interesting.

Alternatively you could,

3. Drive your younger siblings to school as a favour. You only got back late last night so you haven’t seen them properly yet.
4. See if Dad needs any help with his memorabilia-business. You haven’t spoke to him much either.

>1.
>2.
>3.
>4.
>>
>>1669440
Oops, typo. For clarity.

1. Go see Ice Queen
2. Go to "Rookie Exhibition"
3. Help our younger siblings
4. Help out Dad
>>
>>1669440
>4.
The possibly-literal mystery box calls to me.
>>
>>1669440
>>1669442
>4.
>>
>>1669447
Seconded.
>>
>>1669442
>1
Waifu detected
>>
You close your laptop, deciding there’s nothing of interest beyond your home to interest you right now. You head downstairs into the back-room where you find Dad (Michael Mcalister) stood surrounded by dozens of various sized boxes tapped up and ready for shipping. Behind Dad, standing sideways beside the open door which leads to the back-garden, you can see your Dad’s old shop sign “Mcalister’s Memorablia”. Times have since changed, the shop closed, and now Dad runs what’s left of the shop from home using online marketplaces.

Dad himself is a skinny guy. He wasn’t always. Back when you were your sibling’s age Dad was actually get healthy. But then /that incident/ happened and he’s never been the same since. His tired eyes look up, a warm, inviting look spreads across his face.

“Hey, kiddo. How you feeling? Get a good night’s sleep?”
You shrug. “Yeah, not too bad. Need any help with things?”

Dad looks more tired than you’ve ever seen him before. Something tells you he might even be sick with something.

“Yeah. Sure. I’ve actually got some errands to run. You remember Peter? Well he supposidly has a hook up on a slab of power-drained crystalite rock, that stuff sells like hot cakes for some reason. My guess is gullible people read online that they can enfuse the rocks with the same energy that gave certain superhuman’s their powers: that’s a load of bullshit if you ask me.”

>Ask if he’s feeling sick. That’s the top priority now.
>Don’t mention how he looks. Agree to go with him.
>Agree to go with him. Ask for his advice on what you should do now you’re back.
>On second thought I think I’ll do something else. You don’t want to be stuck running errands all day.
>>
>>1669490

>>
>>1669490
Family is important.
>>
>>1669490
>>
>>1669490
>>
>>1669490
>>
You feel a hollow feeling in your gut. You would rather avoid the question, but what kind of son would you be if you did?

“Dad, are you feeling alright? I don’t want to be a dick but you’re not looking too healthy.”

Dad grins and waves a hand. “It’s fine, I’ve just been busy lately with the business. Money is pretty tight right now and I can’t afford to take a break. Things will work themselves out eventually.”

Double ouch.

>”Hey Dad, don’t worry about meeting with Peter today. I’ll go for you. You stay here and rest for a bit.”
>”Alright Dad, when do you want to leave to see Peter?”
>”You don’t expect me to believe that’s all this is, do you? Surely there’s something else wrong?”
>”Don’t Tyler and Anna (your siblings) help you with things?”
>”Have you thought about quitting the business? Maybe there’s an easier job out there for you to do. It’s not right you have all this stress of work to deal with.”
>>
>>1669514
>”Alright Dad, when do you want to leave to see Peter?”
>>
>>1669514
>>”Hey Dad, don’t worry about meeting with Peter today. I’ll go for you. You stay here and rest for a bit.”
>>”Don’t Tyler and Anna (your siblings) help you with things?”
>>
>>1669514
>”Hey Dad, don’t worry about meeting with Peter today. I’ll go for you. You stay here and rest for a bit.”
>>
>>1669514
>>
>>1669514
>>”Hey Dad, don’t worry about meeting with Peter today. I’ll go for you. You stay here and rest for a bit.”
>>
You decide you can’t in good conscience let your Dad work any more than he has today.
“Don’t worry, Dad. I’ll go and see Peter. You stay here and get some rest.”
At first Dad tries to object, but he gives up easily. He sets aside a box and sits in his armchair, giving a contented sigh as he does. You take out your phone and Dad tells you where you need to go. Dad reaches into his pocket and takes out a hundred dollars.

“You pay one hundred dollars tops. Not a dollar more. For the right buyer Crystalite goes for a hundred-fifty. Peter can be a bit of a swindler so don’t let him convince you into buying any of his other crap.”

You take the money. Dad gives you the directions where you need to go into town, and you set off in your shitty little second-hand car into town.

Something is about to happen, let’s find out what it is:

Roll 1d5 for what happens, I’ll take the most common roll out of the first 3-5 rolls.

1. A super-human fight breaks out and you’re smack bang in the middle of it.

2. Your car breaks down on the way into town.

3. You spot a meteorite falling from the sky on the way into town, getting a rough idea of where it landed nearby.

4. You hit someone or something with your car by accident.

5. A bird shits on your car .
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1669576
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1669576
Help dad first tho
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1669576

Rolling
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1669576
>>
You live in New Beacon, which is an hour drive from Venture City.
Your car eases along the thickly-wooded forestation with a winding road that carries on for several miles. It’s the only peaceful part of the journey you expect to have before the maze of traffic in Venture City.
You’re drumming your fingers on the steering wheel in an idle state of mind when, with a sudden explosive BOOM, the road in front of you is replaced by a ploom of up-turned concrete, dirt, and dust.
You slam your foot on the break and your car comes to a grinding halt.
The dust settles, and there you can see a silver-spandex wearing woman lying in the middle of the road, unmoving, possibly hurt. Trouble could break out any second now, but the woman in the new crater on the ground might need your help…

>Get out and see if she needs help
>Stay in the car. Fuck going out there.
>Get your phone out and record what’s happening
>Drive back to a safer distance
>Drive the fuck outta there entirely
>Call the police
>>
>>1669626
>>
>>1669626
>Get out and start recording with your phone from up close.
>>
>>1669626
>Drive the fuck outta there entirely
>Call the police
>>
>>1669626
>>
(Going with my most-preferred for tie-breaker)

You act quickly. Getting out of your car, leaving the door open behind you. Your first instinct is to get out your phone, which is an old model but still usuable for decent video recording. You aim your phone ahead of you as you make your way forward.

On approach you can see you’re familiar with the woman in the silver-spandex. She’s quite busty, with 80’s style blond hair. Despite the impact in the ground you can see no wounds on her person. She stands, dusting herself off. She looks to you, smiling when she sees the phone in your hand.

“Just got my ass handed to me.” she said. “Did you get the fall on camera?”
You tell her no, you didn’t.

“Look kid you might want to make some room. Things might get - - “

BOOM! A second shockwave lands several meters ahead. This time you can a second woman, this one looking to be in her late teens. She’s wearing a cloak which covers her from the neck down. Her hair is tied into a bun on both sides, as well as on top. You continue to get this on camera.

“That was a dirty trick hitting me out of the sky like that.” says the silver-spandex blond.
“Uh, hello. I’m a villain?” says the three-bun young woman.

They both notice you.

(1/?)
>>
“Alright we’re about to get started. Make sure you film me on my right side. That’s my good side.” says the spandex blond.

The three-bun girl waves her cloak, and in a sudden dash the cloak seems to swallow her up and soar like a shadow across the tree canopy before materialising again, the three-bun girl and the spandex-wearing blond standing side by side.

“Is that the best recording hardware you’ve got? Here…” says the tree-bun girl. She digs into her clock, revealing a small camera which she chucks in your direction. You catch it, but only just.

“You think you can record our fight and not make a bad job of it? Otherwise we’ll take the fight elsewhere.”

>”Look I need to help my Dad with his work. I don’t have time for this. Sorry.”
>”Sure. Can I keep the footage and give it to you later?”
>”Sure. I’ll do my best.”
>”I’m sorry but who are you again? Cloak-girl or something?”
>”Do you want to do your landing’s again so i can get them on camera as well?”
>”Don’t you think this is a big public fucking disturbance? You could have hit me!
>>
>>1669732
Wow, what a pair of cunts.
This is what we'd have to deal with as superhero journalists.

>”Look I need to help my Dad with his work. I don’t have time for this. Sorry. I'm just glad you're alright, I have no interest in your exhibition matches.”

( +1 opinion point towards joining police force when we're done with family business )
>>
>>1669732
also, did our studies in super-humanities prepare us for this? I feel like it should have.
>>
>>1669732
>>
>>1669732
>”Sure. Can I keep the footage and give it to you later?”

>>1669749
>>1669758
pls don't be fags guys
>>
>>1669732
>>
>>1669732
>>
>>1669769
I just felt doing what we promised Dad should take priority over this... show.
I can see how it could be appealing to watch those chicks duke it out, but there's got to be more to supers than this.
>>
>>1669787
5 minutes to record a fight between supers that we could use to get a leg up in the journalist business, and you don't want to take that tiny delay, when the task we have isn't even time sensitive.

Seriously guys, do you really want to play yet another Kirito expy? I get the feeling that's the kind of character OP doesn't want to write. Coolguy McApathetic is boring. This is QMs abandon quests.
>>
>>1669791

We're not trying to be a Kirito expy. We just want to help dad.
>>
(By making this choice, it will be harder to make choices which go against the direction the character is going in. Which is great stuff, just be aware of this.)

“Look I’m sorry but I’ve got to run an errand for my Dad. It’s to do with his business. You’re going to need to find someone else to shoot your exhibition match.”

Spandex-Blond and Cloak-Bun Girl do a double-take in your direction as you hand back the camera.

“What are you a fag or something?” says Silver Spandex, “We’re offering you a great chance here.”

“I’m good.” You say. And you walk back to your car and get back inside. You turn on the engine, only realising once you’re back in the driver’s seat that your heart is thumping in your chest.

You ease on ahead and the two superhumans step out of the way for you to pass.

What happens next?

Roll 1d5

They leave you alone and you go on your way
You car decides its the perfect time to break down
One of the superhumans decides she isn’t finished with you yet

Best out of 3-5 wins.
>>
>>1669794
I already explained why doing this and helping dad aren't mutually exclusive. The whole "wow these superpowered individuals fighting is no big deal for me, time to keep living my normal life, running errands is infinitely more interesting" is absolutely the shitty light novel protag attitude, and it's boring as hell. I don't know why people are so in love with it.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1669804

Rolling
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1669804
>>
Scratch that.

Roll 1D3 please. Please reply to this post instead.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>1669814

Rolling
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>1669814
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1669804

just out of curiosity, higher means we get to leave, or that providence (or short temper) keeps us here? (I'm fine with either desu)

>>1669805
You're certainly right to have an opinion, but Supers are not that rare in this setting, this is not our only chance to get in good graces of one.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>1669814
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>1669814
>>
>>1669826
It's certainly not our only opportunity, but this is a perfect chance, and we're throwing it away for no reason. We're not in a rush to meet Peter, we can spare a few minutes to get a great unique video of a capefight, in which both combatants are helping us get great footage. That bullshit about "oh we gotta help dad" is just an excuse for people to adopt the Kirito attitude. Next we'll be throwing ourself into fights, expecting OP to reveal that while we have no superpowers we're really the most powerful guy in the setting, and after that we'll be clamoring for a harem.
>>
>>1669840

We'll have more chances.
>>
>>1669840
The only thing they're asking us to do is record them. After that we're useless to them. It's a waste of our time and there'll be plenty of other opportunities.
>>
>>1669840
Personally I'd be quite fine with MC becoming a cop dealing with superhero fallout, or a shopkeeper in father's footsteps with associated plothooks.

And I dislike harems on principle.
>>
>>1669848
I know. Consider two things though.

1. Future chances. Will they ever be as good as this one? How often do two fighting capes pause their fight to make sure you get good shots? Hell, a supervillain gave us a camera that she just happened to have on her. You think that'll ever happen again?

2. Taking them. When we do get more chances, who's to say we aren't going to do the exact same thing? "Sorry, Superman, I can't film this citywide fight between you and Doomsday, it's close to lunchtime and I want to try out this new diner."

>>1669858
It's not about them. It's about us. They're useless to us once we can no longer record them. We want a unique video we can sell.

>>1669866
Both of those sound cool, but we're never gonna get there making choices like the one we just made. We're on the path of sticking our head underground and ignoring everything.
>>
>>1669871
You're overreacting and leaping to conclusions. Have some faith in OP and Anons.
>>
Your shitty car groans as it crosses over the crater in the road. You spot the two superhumans in your rear-view mirror.
At the last moment before the road curves you spot bun-cloak girl shoot up into the sky with spandex-blond holding onto the cloak whic lifts her off into the heavens.
You breath a sigh of relief.
Roughly fifty minutes later you reach the outskirts of Venture City. You’ve come from the West-side of the City, where there is a huge dock filled with ships loading and unloading many hundreds of containers for international journeys.
You follow the directions Dad gave you to a large deserted car park near the docks.
There is a large rusty shipping container. When you park up the doors open and you see a heavily overweight man with a head of ginger hair walking out. You’ve hardly turned the car engine off before the man is stood by your car window. You roll it down.

“Are you Michael’s boy?” he says.
You tell him you are. “I’m Peter.” he says, “You know I was just about to leave, you might want to think about being more punctual young man, you’re five minutes late. Time is money, you know.”

There’s a brief silence. “Right, so, come with me.” says Peter.

You follow him to the shipping container. It looks like a huge mess of what might be stolen goods. You wonder why Dad is even in contact with a sleaze like this. But then again first judgements aren’t always right...right?

Peter rummages around the stack of goods in his container.

Roll 1d100 -- Let’s see how well your “Superhuman Activities and Psychology” Degree might come in handy.

1-40 -- Not so good
41-70 -- Okay
71-100 -- Great
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1669878
For the Mystery Box!
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>1669878
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1669875
I know that's not actually going to happen, but it would if every decision was made the same way. It was just so mind bogglingly awful. I can't get over it.

>>1669878
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1669878
Let's get some cash
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1669878
>>
As you wait for Peter to get the crystalite you gaze around at the other items he has in his container. You spot:
A wrist-watch of some kind. It looks quite sopisticated, altough it looks like half of it has been gutted for parts.
A spandex costume with a symbol of what appears to be of a Dragon making a spiral shape.
A signed photo of “Captain Soak” -- A classic, now deceased superhuman from the 50’s. Probably the highlight of what Peter has to offer.

Finally, Peter returns holding a large slab of a slightly-see through block of stone. At first sight it looks like ice, but has a distinct blue high around the edges.

“You know with a high enough charge of energy this’ll give you a chance of being a super-human, or so they say.” says Peter.

Yeah. Right. You think.

“That’ll be fifty dollars.” says Peter. “I won’t give it to you for a dollar less, you hear me?”

>”Alright.” -- Give him fifty dollars for the Crystalite.
>Hm. On second thought, maybe not.
>”You got anything more interesting to buy?”
>”How did you come across this Crystalite anyway?”
>>
>>1669944
>>
>>1669944
>”How did you come across this Crystalite anyway?”
>What's the story of this wristwatch?
>>
>>1669944

Kind of a low price, I hope that's actually Crystalite and not fake.
>>
You hand over fifty dollars and Peter gives you the Cystalite. He pockets the money as fast as if it were a slight of hand trick. The Crystalite is lighter than it looked, feeling almost hollow. You’re able to tuck it under one arm.

“How’d you get this Crystalite anyway?” You ask.

Peter has his back to you now, he’s got a clipboard in hand.

“If I told you that I’d be out of a trade.” he says.

You gesture to the gutted watch on atop a pile of crap. “And that?”

Peter’s eyes light up. “You’ve got a good eye. That’s a Propigator-5. The government made these back in the nineties, it was their version of satelite navigation and long-distance calls between superhumans. Think of it like a super-long range walkie talkie that can’t be hacked. It’s been missing some parts. I’m hoping to fix it up soon and sell it as part of a “Government Supers of Yestery-Year Collection”. You interested in buying? I’d part with it for fifty bucks, but that’s only because you’re your father’s son, understand. I’m not a bleeding heart kind of guy.”

>I’ll take the Propigator-5 too.
>Yeah, I’ll pass.
>But seriously...how do you get this stuff. This sounds like an interesting line of work to be in. You make good money?
>By the way, has my Dad seemed...sick to you?
>>
>>1670029
>Yeah, I’ll pass.
>Knock on the Crystalite to make sure he didn't hollow it out.
>>
>>1670029
>You're saying you know how to fix it? How does it even work?

Do we have money of our own? We *could* fit into father's budget with it, but he warned us against gullible shopping.
>>
>>1670029
>Yeah, I’ll pass.
Dad said that we dont have a lot of money. Dont buy stuff we dont know anything about
>>
>>1670029
>Yeah, I’ll pass.
>>
You tap the Crystalite to test how Hollow it is. It feels like stone but it does feel a little lighter than you expected. Then again you don’t know what Crystalite is supposed to feel like when it’s tapped. You do this for a moment before giving Peter his answer. “Yeah, I’ll pass on the watch. Thanks.”

“No problem. Alright, kid, I got to get going.” says Peter. He closes up the container.

Is something unexpected going to happen next?

Roll 1d2

>1. Yes
>2. No

This is a quick roll so first reply will decide.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1670078
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1670078
What could possibly go wrong

Thank the man for his business.
>>
You return to your car and put the Crystalite in the back seat. You see Peter get into a rather nice second-hand sports car, he eases out of the car park first. This is, perhaps, a chance to follow him and see where he goes.

>Follow Peter to see where he goes

>Nah that’s a dumb idea. Return back to Dad with the errand done.

>You’ve done the errand, but you’re in the city now. Why not make a day of it?
>>
>>1670093
>>
>>1670093
>>
>>1670093
>>
>>1670093
>Follow Peter to see where he goes
>>
>>1670093
>>
For a brief moment you consider following Peter to see where he goes. You then catch yourself grinning in the rear-view mirror at how dumb that idea is. The trip back home isn’t nearly as eventful. When you step through the front door and into the living room, you find Dad asleep on the couch. You have the Crystalite under your arm and fifty dollars in your pocket. You can hear voices upstairs. One of them you’re sure is your little brother Tyler.

>Go see Tyler
>Wake up Dad
>Go into the backroom and see what things Dad has for sale.
>Go back to the guest room. It’s been a long day and you want to be alone
>>
>>1670149
>Wake up Dad
>>
>>1670149
>Wake up Dad
>>
>>1670149
>Let Dad rest, put the thing down on a table or someplace.
>Head upstairs to greet bro
>>
>>1670149
>Go see Tyler
>>
You decide to wake Dad up. You set the Crystalite on the coffee table beside him, then gently nudge him until he stirs. He grins when he sees you. “Alright?” he says. He stretches, then sits up, spotting the Crystalite on the coffee table.

“What the fuck is that?” says Dad.
“The Crystalite” you say, “I paid fifty dollars for it.”
“No” says Dad, grabbing the Crystalite, “This is a fake. And not a good one. Crystalite is a stone. It’s not supposed to be hollow. Dammit. That fucking bastard’s taken advantage of you, and you’ve let him.”

Dad sighs. “There goes fifty dollars, then.”

“You’re not going to get it back?” you say.
“How can I? You paid for it. He gave it away. That’s that. He knows business has been hard for me.” Dad buries his head in his hands. “Shit, shit, shit…”

>”I’ll get the money back, Dad.”
>”I have some money left over. ($200) I can give you the fifty I spent back.”
>”Maybe you shouldn’t have sent me out without telling me more about it.”
>”I fucked up, but I promise it won’t happen again.”
>>
>>1670208

>Get that fucking money back.

here's the fifty to cover, and I'll be back.
>>
>>1670208
>>
>>1670208
That scoundrel.

Don't forget to take the fake.
>>
>>1670208
Here a fifty to pay you back, now I'm going to have a talk with peter
>>
>>1670208
>I have some money left over. I can give you the fifty I spent back.
>>
Okay it's been six hours. I'll stop for today. Thanks for playing. I'll update in the Quest Thread General about when I'll do the next thread. Most likely same time tomorrow.

As a GM note there's a huge scope to this Quest and I have a ton of avenues and ideas for where it can go and be explored, and I'm pretty excited about sharing that with all of you.
>>
>>1670258
Thanks for the thread OP
>>
>>1670258
Thanks for the thread.

I would be interested playing as a standard villain going against supers though.

If you ever read Jim Butchers Codex Alera series, basically that but more villainous.
>>
>>1670208
>>
>>1670208

>>
>Give buck 50 dads
>I'll get the dad back, money
>>
>>1670231
>>1670208
support
>>
The guilt over your blunder hits pretty hard. It would be one thing if it were your business (and health) on the line, but it’s another when it’s Dad’s.

“Don’t worry, Dad. I’ll get the money back.”

You have two-hundred dollars of your own. You hurry upstairs into the guest room, find your rucksack where you have the two-hundred saved in an unsealed envelope. You take out fift and return downstairs to Dad. He’s already getting his coat on. He sees the money in your hand.

“I don’t want it.” he tells you.
“Please take it.” you say, but the look he gives you when you do makes your throat sieze up. There’s more than just anger in his eyes.

“Where are you going?” You ask.

Dad grabs his car keys from the dish by the front door. He has his back to you.

“I’ve got to meet some other clients. Leave Peter alone. It’s only fifty dollars. It’ll cost you half that driving into Venture city and back. So suck it up and drop it. I’ll be back later tonight.”

Dad leaves.

>Hunt down that motherfucker Peter and get that money back.
>Put Peter on your shit-list, but let it go for now.
>Run after Dad. You can’t let him work on his own in his state of mind.
>Wash your hands of today and call it a day. Maybe cook dinner for Dad and your siblings.
>Go see what Tyler is up to
>>
>>1673427
>shit list
>cook dinner
>see what tyler is up to
>>
>>1673427
>Put Peter on your shit-list, but let it go for now.
>Go see what Tyler is up to
>>
You decide to put Peter on your shit-list. You think about going after Dad but instead stay where you are. After taking a moment to collect yourself you head upstairs in the direction of Tyler’s room. His door is closed. From outside you can hear Tyler talking to someone:

“No….I don’t know how it happened...no one can know….”

Roll 1d3

1 - Tyler hears you at the door.
2 - You’re presence goes unnoticed. You get to hear more.
3 - Something unexpected will happen

Most common out of the first 3 rolls.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>1673483
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>1673483
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>1673483
>>
Ded
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.