[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lich Quest #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

File: echybk9b8iblpghyh0za.jpg (37KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
echybk9b8iblpghyh0za.jpg
37KB, 636x358px
You sit in one of your last prized possesions, a highbacked chair, almost a throne. The dull bronze arms and legs of it scuffed and dirty.

You stretch your legs and hear the multiple pops and cracks as the layers of dust flake off your skin. You look around yourself, the ancient runes ingraved in the ground around your chair, a classic inverted magic circle, you look down amd as expected you see the charfed skeleton of the Wizard who had summoned you before remembering magic circles didn't stop magic from crossing the threshhold. You wonder how you had escaped the seal early when you hear the steady drip from the top of this fool's tower, one of the seals was broken by a hole in the roof. Fortune favors the powerful it seems.

You figure you've spent enough of time here so it may be time to return home, you sit in your chair and focus on home and begin muttering your incantation. What do you focus on?

>The Sprawling library of my manor
>The cool humidity of my cave
>The stoic silence of my castle
>The settling mists of your graveyard
>Other
>>
The sprawling library of my manor
>>
>>1666367
>The cool humidity of my cave

Need to get that moisture
>>
>>1666354
>The stoic silence of my castle
Castles are cool
>>
>>1666411
Seconding
>>
>>1666354
>The eye in the storm of chaos that is my monastery in Limbo

Lich Monk yall.
>>
>>1666354
To a tower of darkness settled high on a mountain peak
>>
You open your eyes after the wave of energy flood over you. You open your eyes and see the familiar stone interior of Raven's Eye Fort. Long forgotten a few miles north of Raven's heart, a city full of people too fresh in this world to remember your reign of terror themselves, though your name still is spoken there as a sort of Boogeyman to misbehaving children or the superstitious.

What was the name that drew such fear?
>Name-A-Lich
>>
>>1666538
we were simply the master to these bleating sheep, but to our rare equils and favoured beings we are Lucifer the dark winged one. or alternatively imshale the dealer, or merada the trickster
>>
>>1666538
Anubis the reborn
>>
>>1666538
Undead Magic-bloke
>>
>>1666538
>Delgorn The Flayer

Don't know where the Flayer bit came from, as we never flayed anything. But it has a better ring to it than Delgorn The Weird.
>>
>>1666538
>>1666569
second
>>
>>1666569
changing to this, we are a sarcastic litch we are a great litch because of this
>>
Ahh yes Delgorn the Flayer, you smile, your teeth only stopped from crumbling to dust by magic. You never flayed anything to your memory but you remember when you conjured the image of a flayed body sprinting theough the streets of Raven's Heart. That probably gave the young ones nightmares, you chuckle. The noise captures something's attention.

"Master Delgorn!" A voice echoes

You watch the transparent light purple shadow of Henceworth float across the stone to you. A loyal spectral servant he bows and holds it.

"Hello Henceworth, rise." You say

He rises and looks to you smiling. "So sir, another magic circle?"

"Yes, how long has it been this time?" You ask

"Eighty years, sir. How was your rest?"

"Good but I'm ready to get back to business."

Henceworth inaudibly claps

"Capital sir! Where would you like to go first?"

>The Summoning Circle, You could use a new minion
>The Library, new spells and knowledge await.
>The Phylactory, It guarantees your rebirth a good thing to check on
>The Mage Crystal, get news from most facets of the magical world
>Raven's Heart, time to see how things have changed
>>
>>1666606
phylactery then mage crystal.

we need to be assured of our survivability, then we get knowledge.

it is best to be cautious
>>
>>1666606
>>The Phylactory, It guarantees your rebirth a good thing to check on
>>
>>1666606
The Phylactory, It guarantees your rebirth a good thing to check on
>>
>>1666606
Seconding >>1666613
but also compliment Henceworth while we're at it. Good servants, especially those willing to stick with you through thick and thin, are a rarity.
>"Yes, how long has it been this time?" You ask
This has happened before? Wow.
>>
>>1666653
Being a being of extreme magical power wizards and warlocks would love to enthrall you.
=========================

"Take me to the Phylactory Henceforth, It's important to ensure it's still safe."

"Of course sir, if you were to pass without being able to returm who would I serve?"

You smile, "You're an excellent servant Henceworth, a truly loyal spirit."

Henceworth's cheeks turn a slight violet and he begins to float off towards the Phylactory as you trail behind. He stops at the massive iron door and waits patiently. You step up to it and summon some of your necrotic energy into your hands, a light blue glow emits from your finger tips, you press them to the cold steel and hear the series of clicks and hums deactivating the locks and defensive runes.

You step into the staircase and head downstairs into a cavelike room and see in the center of the room your philactory, a glowing blue pool of a strange liquid. Some sort of viscous blue liquid that reeks of magic.

The liquid seems uncorrupted, retaining the same hypnotic blue as it did before. You leave satisfied locking the door behind you when you hear a loud snap.

Your Alarm spell detected something in the grounds of the Fort.

>Use the Scrying Stone
>Release a swarm of monsters and forget about it
>Go see what this disturbance is in person
>Other
>>
>>1666702
send the swarm of monsters and then take a look at our scrying stone to get the latest spells and updates and such. then if its adventurers they come upon us reading, if its delt with our time is well spent
>>
>>1666702
>Use the Scrying Stone
>>
>>1666702
>>Go see what this disturbance is in person
Do so in a bath robe and holding a coffee mug that says '#1 Lich' on it.
>>
guys we have to be the litch who don't give a shit#

adventurer one: AVAST YE FOUL WRETCH

us: what now?

adventurer two: WE HAVE COME TO SMITE YOU EVIL BEING

us: okay do you have to yell? it hurts my ears

ect ect ect
>>
>>1666702
>>Use the Scrying Stone
If they couldn't safely disable a measly alarm spell they almost certainly don't have scrying protection. But if they do have protection it's a good bet the setting off the alarm was either intentional to distract us or the result of some crit fail.
>>
You reach in the folds of your robe and pull forth a small stone, you focus your energy on it and see the white creeping into the edges of your vision.

You finally blink and find yourself staring at a group of three. A man leads the party, his armor dirty and dented. He wields a massive longsword he uses to cut through swaths of thorn bushes. Behind him is a man in a long velvet cloak and gold trimmed blouse, he has a long dagger on his hip. Finally in the back is a brooding figure, a rough leather hood pulled over his head in one hand he holds a hand crossbow and the other rests on his shortsword.

"Can you cut any faster Bartlett, this castle is my birthright so I'd like to get to it before croaking." Says the sharp dressed one

"Of course M'Lord, The brush is just very thick and I'd hate for your cloak to catch." He says as he begins hacking away with renewed strength.

A noble claiming your castle for his own, arrogance and self importance radiat from this man.

>Release whatever the servants have managed to put in the outer cages
>Go visit this group yourself, it's been a while since your last fight
>Drive them mad with a few illusions
>Other
>>
>>1666843
>Go visit this group yourself, it's been a while since your last fight
"Henceworth, watch the castle. I have adventurers to deal with." Say "adventurers" in a really tired "This shit AGAIN?" tone.
>>
>>1666843
Smithers, release the hounds!
>>
>>1666843
Let's be a good host and greet our guests as any lich should: by blasting them to paste. I want to test the combat system.
>>
>>1666843
Invite them inside for bog-water and maggots. That is what the living eat, right?
>>
You sigh deeply and remove your over-robes to reveal the tighter fitting ones below, you tie the remains of your hair behind your head and request Henceworth to fetch some artifacts for you.

"Special occasion sir?" He asks

"Just another set of adventurers, nothing more than a pain in my rear." You say dryly

Henceworth brings you a small pillow with many slits for rings.

Choose (2)
>Ring of Missile Snaring
>Ring of resist charm
>Ring of control plants
>Ring of detect thoughts
>Ring of Darkness
>Ring of Hold Person
>>
>>1666896
>>Ring of Missile Snaring
>>Ring of resist charm
>>
>>1666896
>Ring of Missile Snaring
>Ring of resist charm
>>
>>1666896
Ring of Missile Snaring
Ring of Detect Thoughts
>>
>Ring of Missile Snaring
>Ring of Detect Thoughts
>>
File: 1351239122353.gif (914KB, 499x269px) Image search: [Google]
1351239122353.gif
914KB, 499x269px
>>1666902
dont care about the first one, but detect thoughts is going to be fun
>>
You slip on the gleaming rings, you feel your muscles in your fingers and wrists tighten up, you wear the other ring and hear a low murmur around you. You focus on it.

'I do hope the master remains safe' you hear in Henceworth's voice though you see his mouth remain closed politely. You smirk and begin levitating from the ground heading out from the room into the outside.

You flot through the courtyard and begin heading into the foresr that is on the outskirts of the village that leads to the fort. From last you saw they were nearly upon the village.

>Meet them in the outskirts
>Ambush them in the town
>Wait openly in the town
>Wait in the fort courtyard
>Other
>>
>>1667762
>Wait in the fort courtyard
Welcome to my lair! Sorry, I wasn't expecting "guests".
>>
>>1667762
>>Wait in the fort courtyard
>>
>>1667762
>>Wait in the fort courtyard
don't forget your "#1 lich" goblet
>>
>>1667762
Seconding the #1 Lich goblet from >>1667876
If we need to, we can always throw it at one of them yelling "WHAT IS A MAN?"
>>
>>1667762
>>1667796
second

Quick question. is the town within our domain or are we just situated in the castle right beside it.
>>
wait in the courtyard, maybe with a book? sipping from a mug. the n when they come upon us

shush I'm just finishing the chapter what do you want
>>
>>1666793
>>1669217
wow you sure are autistic buddy
>>
>>1669607
i am, whats your point? or are you just asking?
>>
>>1669607
You're on a 4chan board delegated to tabletop-esque quests, literally 90% of everyone you talk to is autistic.
>>
>>1669607
and i note you only deigned to comment this, not even to contribute to the quest, so is it better to be autistic, or useless?
>>
You decide to let them come to you. With a few words you summon your chair and NeverDry Goblet. You take your seat and grasp the golden goblet watching as Honeycomb Wine slowly fills the interior.

As you sip you think about the goblet and how it could use a little something else...you snap your fingers and words begin engraving themselves onto the side. "#1 Lich" it says. You smile, satisfied.

After near 15 minutes of waiting you hear the swoosh of a longsword and the light cracking of your beloved thornbushes under their brutish feet. You focus on the ring and as they approach you hear in your mind.

'No money is enough to get cut and pricked by thorns for three hours, I need to get whatever loot I can and run.'

'I wonder if there will be room for a fountain? Perhaps I could set up statues with the water coming from them, that'd be fancy.'

'I had better get a suitable wench for this, maybe even a nice horse too.'

Fools. All of them.

You sit and before you know it you see the rustle of motion dead ahead and watch the thorns fall away.

The Knight freezes staring at you, sword in hand he slowly reaches for the buckler on his hip.

HP: 135
Mana: 15/15

>"Hello there, I've been waiting for you."
>"Fools, leave now and I will let you live."
>Cast Hold Person: 5 Mana
>Cast Disintegration Ray: 9 Mana
>Cast Charm Person: 3 Mana
>Write-in
>>
>>1669645
hello there gents, may i help you?

act like you don't care but be ready to cast at any second.

how close are we and how long does it take to cast? i dotn want to be close enough hto hurt
>>
>>1669633
>projecting
>>
>>1669709
vote or piss of shit stirrer
>>
>>1669645
Hold the Knight
>>
>>1669645
>"Hello there, I've been waiting for you."
while you
on him
>>
>>1669645
>Cast Disintegration Ray: 9 Mana
you gotta scare there pants off and show your power
>>
>>1670166
if they came here they probably know of us, and such of our power anyway
>>
>>1670186
We're a local legend, our existence is not definite. There is a greater chance they don't know of us
>>
>>1670190
fair enough

but did we take this caste from someone? have any children? who could he claim to be to have a claim to this castle
>>
Rolled 20 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

"I've been expecting you lot for quite sometime."

You raise your hand as the Knight clumsily fumbles with the buckler shield.

You feel your hand vibrate with energy as his muscles begin to lock up, he of course fights it.
>>
>>1670228
HAHAHAHAHAHA

you guys fucked with the wrong litch
>>
File: 1487724453965.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487724453965.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Not really. That was for him to resist.
>>
Amazingly you watch as he grabs the buckler anyways and grins.

"You sorcerers are all the same, expecting the man with the strong sword arm to be mentally weak. You arrogance will lead to your final grave." He yells this, as he lifts the sword and begins charging you.

The Nobleman grows pale seeing your dead flesh and cracked skin. He draws his knife and hides behind the Brooding one who takes aim with his crossbow.

>What do you do?

HP:135
Mana:10/10

What do you do?
>>
>>1670239
>>1670245
mother fucker,

i tried to be nice.

disintegrate, he seems to be the most physically dangerous, and I'm not sure how well we can dual in CQC
>>
>>1670256
Yes let the fools feel the power of the lich!!!
>>
>>1670245
P E R S O N A L L Y

I would like it if we made every single adventurer that comes into our castle an undead vassal.

Can we beat them, then mind-control/resurrect them as slaves with memories?
>>
>>1670264
Once they're disintegrated, maybe they can have the left over dust remains turn into ghost dust that sneaks up on intruders and enters their lungs
>>
>>1670279
research man, we need something to do for eternity.

but lets not kill the noble, i want to have a chat
>>
>>1670245
>>1670256
yeah, disintegrate the fighter and the edgelord.
>>
You can only cast disintegrate once. Who on, Brooding or Knight?
>>
>>1670440
knight

he will be more dangerious
>>
>>1670440
knight seems cocky, kill him
>>
>>1670440
Kill the knight. I don't like him.
>>
>>1670440
knight.
we can teleport the edgelord rangers somewhere.
>>
>>1670440
Knight
>>
>>1670440
>Knight
>>
Knight. No point wasting it on some edgelord at the back. Besides, by now anything else is hideously outvoted.
>>
dead thread, shame
>>
Bumping because this seems like it has a lot of potential.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.