[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Random Monster Generator: Oneshots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: troll scholar.jpg (608KB, 1200x1023px) Image search: [Google]
troll scholar.jpg
608KB, 1200x1023px
Tabletop games have a ton of monsters, and with so many creatures listed in their bestiaries it soon becomes difficult to imagine exactly what would happen if any of the creatures listed actually managed to come into contact with each other and interact. Would that contact would be violent? Would it be peaceful? Would it just be downright strange?

If you would like to participate, first I would ask the first 2-4 participants to roll me a d11, and depending on what you roll I will look at my chart to determine the classification of creature, at which point I will ask you to roll another "die" to determine what specific creature in that category we'll be dealing with. From there, whatever creatures have been selected will be given a short story where I will attempt to describe a situation where they interact in whatever way I think is reasonable. After this we can either move on to another set of rolls or continue the story of the creatures we've rolled.

Due to it being the system I'm most familiar with, the creatures will be pulled from the Pathfinder bestiary, and I will provide links to the pfsrd of each creature when they are selected in the case that we ever need to roll for combat. Images may be drawn, but keep in mind I'm working with a mouse only so it won't be every time, especially if the creature is too complex.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d11)

>>1657596
>>
Rolled 5 (1d11)

>>1657596
>>
>>1657618
All right, first anon up needs to roll me a d144 if you could...

>>1657636
And for you, a d131!
>>
Rolled 38 (1d144)

>>1657640
>>
Rolled 78 (1d131)

>>1657640
>>
Rolled 3 (1d11)

>>1657596
>>
>>1657647
>>1657655
Both of your submissions have been noted, and will be be taken into account once >>1657656 gives me a d188.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d188)

>>1657660
That's a big dice.
>>
File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>1657670
Just wait until someone rolls an Outsider. Regardless, all of your creatures have been taken into account, let's see what this all leads to...

A set of ruins is in the forest near a river, decrepit buildings being taken over again by the forces of nature. As a silent guardian over the crumbling stonework sits near what used to be the entrance, a Gargoyle (Anon QJO3rgQH) watches for anyone that would dare try to approach the long forgotten residence. A moment passes before he spots a familiar face, the ever tearful Lampad who keeps him company (Anon dLG3/2KL) as well as the Flying Carpet (Anon z0OuBYU3) during his silent vigil, all three beings having known each other since the masonry sat tall and the owner still alive and present.

The Lampad brings a bundle of fruits for the both of them to enjoy, and the Carpet carries with it what seems to be some sort of gift! A couple of glittering stones, to be added to the collection already present inside the building, sit on top of its floating form and are placed next to the fruit.

The gargoyle moves for the first time that day to partake in the meal, keeping his mind and heart ready just in case she attempts to prank him by unleashing her magical beauty upon his mind, but today there seems to be no danger of such an occurrence as the two of them eat in silence, contemplating the scenery around them and listening to the sounds of birds in the trees.

Monster listings:
Gargoyle: https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/bestiary/monster-listings/monstrous-humanoids/gargoyle
Lampad: https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/lampad
Carpet: (Animated Object, Medium): https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/animated-object/animated-object-medium
>>
Rolled 2 (1d11)

>>1657596
>>
So yeah, that's basically an example of what to expect, though I'll probably forego the picture in the future unless it's requested, that took way too much time for too little payoff with my current setup. If anyone else would like to play again, they can join >>1657731 as he follows up that roll with a d348.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d348)

>>1657772
>>
Rolled 5 (1d11)

>>1657772
>>
>>1657794
Interesting, and now if >>1657798 would be so kind to roll a d131 we can move on to the next scene.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d131)

>>1657811
>>
>>1657798
>>1657820
Your travels have brought you far in search of someone who can help you learn about a dream that you've been having every night, but every night you forget what the dream was about. In time this quest has brought you to a Faerie Circle, where you perform a summoning ritual. In time, your calls are answered as a Faerie Seer (Anon dLG3/2KL) appears before you. As instructed you pay him for his services with a selection of odd trinkets: a wooden gear, a spoon made of unmelting ice, and a book with a child's secret written in the pages.

He accepts the items and instructs you to sit on a long, flat stone so he can use his Divination magic to peer into your mind and determine what is in your dreams. His tone suddenly shifts octaves as he begins to describe you, lost in the ocean amidst a raging storm. A lone piece of driftwood is keeping you from drowning, and as a crack of lightning appears from the sky you see the form of a Great White Whale (Anon MMaFRcUC) approaching your tired and battered body before swallowing it whole in a single bite. The vision ends abruptly, at which point you wake up startled at the truth that has been laid at your feet, though confused as to what exactly the dream could mean. When you turn around to ask the prophet is gone, and all that remains is a rather large sized tooth in the middle of the circle where he stood.
>>
I'm back for the night if anyone wants to play again, not sure how long this thread will last though if the OP is right and these things autodie after 72 hours.
>>
dice+d100
>>
d100
>>
>>1671242
>>1671247
You wanna try again? I don't think you quite understand how this works.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.