[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Piece Quest: Chapter One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: 2340928.jpg (424KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2340928.jpg
424KB, 1280x1024px
You wake before the first light of dawn. Your bedroom is bathed in an inky-blue light. You sit up in bed, and can see a well-furnished, spotlessly clean living space. Your room has a tall ceiling, the wallpaper made in the pattern of clouds, white over baby-blue. The bedroom door is [closed]. The curtains are [closed] also, with just a slither of pre-dawn light making a thin strip of light. On a small bedside table there is a [children's book].
>>
>Choose what to do as best as you can infer from what I've already written.
>>
>>1651150
>Investigate children's book

How is the bedroom lit up when the door and curtains are closed?
>>
>>1651154
You pick up the children's book from the table. It's worn, the spine cracked, the pages yellowed, the picture drawn on the front faded.

The cover reads: "Luffy's Grand Adventure."

You read from the first page:

>There once was a Pirate by the name of Straw Hat Luffy, who dreamed of becoming King of the Pirates. As a boy he set sail, alone, in a small sailboat with the aim of assembling a crew...

And on and on the story goes.

>[Put the book down] or [Carry it With you]
>What next?
>>
>>1651194
>Carry with

Can probably read it later if we got some free time. Would probably take eons to finish reading the whole thing.

>Get dressed and leave out the bedroom door
>>
I know a few things about One Piece

>Carry with
>Get dressed and leave the bedroom
>>
You carry the book with your left hand. You're in your night shirt, and have no current means of carrying numerous objects. You leave your bedroom, stepping out into a chilly first-floor hallway. There is an [opposite room with a closed door], there are [steps which lead downstairs], and there is your [open bedroom door].
>>
>>1651268
Do we know anything about the house we're in?

>Go downstairs

Best leave whoever's bedroom might be behind that door alone.
>>
>>1651275

This >>1651275

I have a feeling from the book this is in the future
>>
>>1651275
Supporting
>>
With book in hand you descend the stairs, wind wind round onto the ground floor landing. At the foot of the stairs you find yourself at the [front door] which shines with a egg-yolk glow from dawns first light. There is a [picture frame] on a waist-high table beside the wooden-front door (which has a pane of glass in its centre). There is also a [kitchen space] down the hall and [another room with a closed door].

You hear a soft meow by your feet. A fat, scruffy, and very old cat looks up at you. It purrs. You could [interact with the cat].
>>
File: 1483478068805.jpg (12KB, 191x255px) Image search: [Google]
1483478068805.jpg
12KB, 191x255px
Listen OP. I'm not trying to put you down here. But this is boring as shit. Especially for a One Piece Quest. Not to mention the fact that you expect us to play this like some ancient text based adventure game. At least those moved faster than this. I'd suggest looking at other Quests for examples on how to write and give prompts because from everything about this so far, you don't know much. Or some reason, are not willing to apply it.
>>
>>1651374
Play or don't play, I don't mind.
>>
>>1651313
>Pet cat
>Look at picture frame
>Pet cat again
>Ask how it's morning was
>>
>>1651423
You decide to pet the cat. The car purrs happily and rises its back before walking circles round your left foot. Then, in a sudden jump, the cat leaps, claws digging into your shirt, until the cat reaches your right shoulder where it half-holds-on, half sits in place. With the cat on your shoulder you're able to walk, albeit a little more carefully, towards the picture frame.

You see a picture of a twelve year old boy (that's you) who looks very happy, the same cat sat on his shoulder. In the picture you are wearing a smart button-down white shirt, and tailor-made trousers of a nice brown colour. Beside you in the picture are a happy couple, presumably your parents, both in their late mid-to-late thirties. The man is kind of beefy with a bristly moustache, and the the woman looks pleasant and plump, wearing an apron with a flower-print pattern.

The boy you are feels a sudden sadness take him. He might begin to cry if he gazes at the picture for much longer. The fat old cat falls from your shoulder with a thud, stretches, then saunters off toward [the kitchen]. (The previously stated options in line with exploration are still in effect.)
>>
>>1651462
>Act on the feelings of depression

>>1651374
What do you mean? This is just as painless as something like Long Ring Long Land. Or as quick as something like Dressrosa.
>>
>>1651462
Hm. Parent's are dead.

Sucks.

Ah well, go to the kitchen. Get something for the cat and yourself.
>>
>>1651488
It's a quiet morning and nobody else seems to be awake just yet, so why not let yourself cry? However as soon as you decide its okay to feel sad it seems the tears prefer to remain inside.

The sound of footsteps descending the stairs draws your attention away from the picture frame. You turn to see a young girl, maybe a year or so older than you are. She is dressed like a boy with baggy shorts, a tank top, and short-cropped hair. She has a sack full of something over her shoulder.

"Shit, you're awake?" she says.

>["You're not running off again are you?!"]
>["What's in the sack?]
>[Say nothing]
>["Do you remember when this picture was taken?]
>>
>>1651564
>let yourself cry
That's not what I meant.

>[Say nothing]
>>
>>1651564
>>["What's in the sack, slut?]
>>
You say, "What's in the sack?"

The girl smiles confidently.

"Fruit. Buns. Chocolate. Everything a budding Marine needs to grow big and strong. They said if I provisioned properly they'd let me join. I've got a change of clothes, my toothbrush, I'm good to go. This is your last chance to come with on a grand adventure, I'm not going to come back this time."

>["We're too young for dangerous adventures.']
>["Alright, let's go! Maybe they'll let me join too.]
>["Nah, I'll stay here. Have fun. Don't be late for dinner again."]
>["Why would I want to be a crummy marine? Pirates are way cooler."]
>>
>>1651564
>["What's in the sack?]
>["You're not running off again are you?!"]
>>
>>1651650
>["Why would I want to be a crummy marine? Revolutionaries are way cooler."]
>>
>>1651650
>["Why would I want to be a crummy marine? Revolutionaries are way cooler."]
>>
>>1651650
>>["Alright, let's go! Maybe they'll let me join too.]

Find your own justice, fight the corruption within
>>
>>1651659
>>1651661
>>1651674
Roll 1d100

50 or less = ["Alright, let's go! Maybe they'll let me join too.]

51 or more = [Nah. I'll stay here. Have fun. Don't be late for dinner again.]
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>1651724

Why are we rolling for it?
2 beats 1
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>1651724
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1651724
We doin' multiple dice or the first roll?

Speaking of, with dice rolling actions, what's gonna be the deciding choice of roll?
>>
ded?
>>
What the hell is this crap? Get to some god damn pirating.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc
>>
File: Black_Star_Pirates_Jolly_Roger.png (43KB, 1000x835px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Star_Pirates_Jolly_Roger.png
43KB, 1000x835px
You sit comfortably on the edge of a cliff facing the vast ocean. Every so often you see a ship sail by. After an hour of relaxing and ship watch you notice one of the ships turns and begins to sail towards your little island you call home. "Why would it come here?" You wonder to yourself. Then you see it. The ships Jolly Roger. Its warning sign. They are pirates...

Who are you?
> Finn Talltide - Half merman half human. Uses a trident as a weapon. Tall, silent, and handsome. Warrior.
> Brody Cross - Human. Uses hand to hand combat. Strong willed with a chilled personality. Adventurer.
> Drake Everloch - Human. Swift with words and attacks. Likes to surround himself with powerful friends. Rogue.
>>
>>1653778
> Finn Talltide - Half merman half human. Uses a trident as a weapon. Tall, silent, and handsome. Warrior.
>>
>>1653778

Now here's what I was looking for

> Brody Cross - Human. Uses hand to hand combat. Strong willed with a chilled personality. Adventurer.
>>
>>1653778
wew did someone just hijack this qst from op

supporting >>1653813
>>
>>1653778
>>
>>1653778
>>
Sorry its taking so long. Ill be writing in about 30 minutes. Yes, consider this quest hijacked
>>
File: MDNSjB5_d.jpg (148KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
MDNSjB5_d.jpg
148KB, 640x932px
You are Finn Talltide. This island is under your protection and these pirates are going to learn that fact first hand. You spring up to your feet and run inland to warn the townsfolk. You don't see the woman running full speed towards you. As your paths intersect, she lets out a cry. "WHAT THE F-". You try to help her up as quick as you can by extending your hand to her. "I don't need your help, buffoon." She exclaims angrily and slaps your offer away. You shrug and turn to help collect her bag that she had dropped. "Let me at least help you gather your things." You say. "I've got it!" She sternly states and begins gathering her stuff. Before she is done you notice three very unfamiliar looking fruit that she stuffs into her bag. "I'd suggest you find somewhere to hide big guy. Pirates are coming." She warns as she gets back to her feet and sets off in a dead on sprint. You look on in concussion and call out. "My name is Finn Talltide!" Without losing a beat she calls back, "I don't care!"

> Chase after the mysterious girl.
> Run and warn the townsfolk of the incoming pirates.
> Meet the pirates head on when they reach the shore.
> Write in choice.
>>
>>1654212
Chase
>>
>>1654212
>> Chase after the mysterious girl.

why the hell did we switch from a boy to some random fuck?
i liked the direction we were going in.
>>
>>1654250
>>1654405
Chase wins. Roll 1D100

The last OP abandoned the thread. I took it over. Sorry if you aren't a fan.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>1654423
ah guaess im too drukn to notice the name field thingys. Of you're doing a new ting thin its fine, ;as long as old op didn't bith out and cave to that one anon bitching.
carry on
>>
>>1654488
Success. Writing
>>
You started sprinting from the same spot. The mystery woman couldn't have gotten very far and yet, here you were failing to find her. After a minute of looking around aimlessly, a snapped twig catches your attention. "Why are you following me?" The mysterious girl stepped out from behind a large tree, still holding her stuffed bag. Upon catching your breath you answer, "You stole those weird looking fruit didn't you?" The girl smiled slightly and looked down at her bag, draped over her shoulder. "They're called Devil Fruit. And yes, that's what those pirates are after." You couldn't believe her blunt honesty.

> "What's a Devil Fruit?"
> "Those pirates are going to tare that town to pieces. Return the fruit!"
> Steal the girls bag.
> Write in option.
>>
>>1654919
> Steal the girls bag
>>
>>1654919
> Write in option.
>jYou ever seen what happens when two people eat a devil fruit at the same time? lets find out, you and me
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1655119
>>1655133

1=steal girls bag
2=write in
>>
>>1655119
Steal girls bag wins. Roll 1D100
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>1655357
>>
>>1655365
Failed. Writing...
>>
File: 1357449973809.jpg (58KB, 602x191px) Image search: [Google]
1357449973809.jpg
58KB, 602x191px
You quickly grab for the mysterious girls bag but she moves the bag faster than you can grab. In a taunting fashion, she baits you more and more by offering the bag and then moving it before you can grab it. "Too slow, Finn Talltide." You smirk as you continue to try and grab the bag. "You remembered my name?" She suddenly stopped her game of cat and mouse and spinning back kicks your legs out from under you, dropping you flat on your back. "I'm Miss Valentine. You really want to help me and that town? Find me a boat off the island and let me go and I'll help you fight off those pirates." She extends her arm out to help you back up to your feet awaiting your response.

> Deal! Lets get to the shore.
> What are those fruit looking things?
> Grab her and start drag her to the pirates.
> Write in response.
>>
>>1655418
>> Deal! Lets get to the shore.

To be clear, we're fighting off the pirates BEFORE we get her that boat so she doesn't just bail on the town.
>>
>>1655451
Deal! You nod and shake Miss Valentines hand. Just so we are clear, we are getting rid of these pirates first. Then I'll help you off the island. Miss Valentine agrees to the terms and sprints to the shore where the pirates were sailing towards. You spin your trident behind you, readying yourself for battle, and take off after her. Running through town, you call out for everyone to flee into the forest to safety. People leave the town in droves, listening to your protective instructions. As they leave you hear words of encouragement from the townsfolk. "Go get 'em Finn!" "Kick their butts, Talltide!" You smile at the words until Miss Valentine shrieks. "FINN! DOWN!"

Roll 1D100
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>1655483
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>1655483
>>
>>1655487
>>1655491
Failed. Writing
>>
File: sketch-1499657776748.png (384KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1499657776748.png
384KB, 720x960px
You turn towards Miss Valentine only to stop dead in your tracks. Suddenly it feels like your head is trying to move while your body plays catch up. You smash into a bait and tackle stores wall and almost blast through it. Coughing, you try to get up but the pain from the sudden hit registers with your body. "Stay down! This island is now under control of Captain Feathertop." A man walks through the dust and spins his oar over his head.

I'm going to stop there for the night. I'll pick up again in the morning. Thanks for playing.
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

fuck, kmy drunk ass didn'tget a chance to roll, thlets see what i would have rolled anyway..
>>
I'm back! Writing again now.
>>
File: ohgGghu.gif (1000KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
ohgGghu.gif
1000KB, 500x313px
Pulling yourself from the rubble, you see your attacker rearing back with his oar and getting ready to attack again. Luckily, you leap from the debris just in time. His oar collides with the smashed wall and blows a hole through it. Dusting yourself off, Miss Valentine gives you a thumbs up and races in towards the oar man. "Back off ass clown!" She jumps into the air and delivers a massive spinning kick to the back of the pirates head, sending him through the bait stores already crumbling wall this time. Landing safely, Miss Valentine grabs your hand and starts to lead you back toward the beach. "IM NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!" You hear the oar man roar out as he climbs out from the rubble to continue the fight. Miss Valentine lets go of your hand and gives you a worried look. "I'll attack him from the back of you distract him." Nodding in agreement, you sprint straight at the pirate.

> Charge the pirate head on.
> Throw your trident at the pirates neck.
> Attack the pirate face to face.
> Write in option.
>>
>>1656623
>> Charge the pirate head on.
>>
>>1657110
Charge the pirate head on. Roll 1D100
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1657130
>>
>>1657150
Failed. Writing
>>
As you run toward the oar wielding man he spins and tries to smash the oar into the side of your face. You drop to your knees just in time and slide under the attack. Unfortunately, Miss Valentine isn't so lucky. The paddle slaps her across the face and sends her spiraling into a large tree opposite the store. Springing back up to your feet, you twirl your trident overhead and slash down upon the pirates shoulder. The blade sinks in snapping a bone and begins to spray blood all over. The pirate grits his teeth in pain and grasps on to the trident as he drops to a knee. "You little bastard." He shifts back ward and to the side, ripping the trident from your grasp. Within an instant all of the air in your lungs evacuates due to the end of his oar jamming into your gut. You fall backwards gasping for air. The pirate pulls your trident from his shoulder and drops it in the dirt.

> Try to stand back up and fight.
> Jump over to your trident and attack.
> Tell out to Miss Valentine.
> Write in option.
>>
>>1657322
>> Try to stand back up and fight.
We protagonist now.
>>
>>1657330
Roll 1D100
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1657337
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1657337
>>
>>1657359
>>1657444
Failed. Writing.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.