[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From Ashes to Gold #7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: sorrow.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sorrow.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
You are Xavier Lewis, Doctor, Friend, Leader, and Badass. You are originally from Chicago where you worked at a small clinic, until the apocalypse thrusted you into a Brave New World full of danger and lawlessness. You looted your way through the Windy city and made your way to the small town of Stronghurst, Illinois.

There, you met many strange but interesting characters, and successfully enacted a coup to instill a General with probable illusions of grandeur. From there, you have risked your life on multiple occasions for the good of your town, gaining you both injuries and fame.

Now, you’ve met some computer genius who has government secrets about a triumvirate, a German doctor who seems like she never has been outside of a lab, and a Texan Oil Man who looks like British royalty. You’ve talked yourself into having a Windmill built to power a home containing a server which can access government secrets, and now you’re headed to help loot some military facility!

Here are the compiled threads so far http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=From+Ashes+to+Gold

Here is my Twitter
https://twitter.com/FATGQM
>>
>>1643261
After eating the communal dinner, you walk to your home, excited to get some sleep for what is bound to be a very busy day tomorrow. You tell Peyton Goodnight, and you suspect Andrew is going to be home in just under an hour, as he had some last minute planning with the General.

You fall into your bed and climb under your heavy comforter, courtesy of the General, and drift off to sleep.

You awake in your bed and take a look around. It certainly is morning, early morning to be more precise, just the time you wanted to wake up at. You get out of bed and wash yourself in the bathroom, just a quick spot-shine, nothing special about it. You dry yourself off, put on your plain outfit, and walk out the door.

Something you notice right away is how abandoned everything seems, like there is no one in town. Even this early, you would expect patrols to be walking around, and a few men getting ready for their assigned jobs, but there is nothing. In fact, there aren’t any sounds at all, no birds, no talking, nothing. Something seems very wrong.

>Shake it off, it’s just your imagination and maybe a little tiredness. Go see the General.
>Maybe you should make sure people are still here and go over to the clinic. The German doctor should be setting up for the day,
>Your Roman computer friend would probably understand your suspicions, go visit him.
>Try to find Peyton, he is a lifelong friend after all and would console you.
>Other
>>
File: 1452567525865.jpg (984KB, 730x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1452567525865.jpg
984KB, 730x1310px
Rolled 72, 70, 6, 47, 70, 22, 37, 71, 94, 87 = 576 (10d100)

>>1643261
The Quest have Come
So have I
>>
>>1643264
>>Maybe you should make sure people are still here and go over to the clinic. The German doctor should be setting up for the day,
>>
>>1643264
>Maybe you should make sure people are still here and go over to the clinic. The German doctor should be setting up for the day,
>>
Your German friend should be setting up for the day, as she likes to start early. If anyone is going to be up, it’ll probably be you. You make sure you have your sidearm and start jogging over to the clinic. You can’t help but constantly run through terrible and scary scenarios while you make your way over to where you hope to find another live person.

Noting that there are no lights on in the clinic, you unholster your 1911 that you got back from Peyton, and you make your way into the building, ready to jump into action if needed. You go to turn on the lights, but the power is out, either by lack of a generator running, or something more sinister that you would rather not dwell on.

To say that it’s pitch dark would be incorrect, as you can very easily see objects in the dawn light, but the lack of the unnatural light the fixtures give doesn’t really help boost your confidence. You do carry on though, checking each room for someone until all that’s left is the back office where you and Dana spent time listening to music and talking.

You slowly open the door to the office and see someone sitting in the chair, with their head down on the desk, like they’ve fallen asleep where they sat. You can’t make out of it’s Dana, or even if it’s female, just that it IS a human figure. You call out to it, but it doesn't stir.

>Fuck it, balls to the wall. Walk up to the figure and see who it is.
>Fuck that, get the hell out of here. It’s getting too surreal for you here
>You’ve seen enough horror movies, just start shooting it
>>
>>1643381
>>Fuck it, balls to the wall. Walk up to the figure and see who it is.
SLOW AND CAREFUL
>>
>>1643381
>Fuck it, balls to the wall. Walk up to the figure and see who it is.
Have melee ready though.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

Alright, give me some rolls
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>1643523
>>
File: pain.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
Xavier Lewis isn’t a pussy and won’t back down from danger, especially in his own damn clinic. You raise your 1911 in your right arm and reach for some small trophy for bowling for your left hand. For some reason beyond you, you don’t have your K-Bar, even though you know you had it in your tactical vest just before you entered the building.

You walk up to the figure and stand on the other side of the desk, ready to blow it’s head off if it even moves funny. Whoever it is, it isn’t Dana, because it issues this deep guttural groan that gives you goosebumps all over your body. It raises it’s head up and you see what it really is.

It’s Abraham, the old leader of Strongurst, and the man that you killed, but now he’s sitting right in front of you, staring at you with lifeless eyes, as blood spills from the hole in the head where Andrew shot him.

You think to yourself that this is obviously a dream, and you fire your weapon. What you expected was Abraham’s head to be blown open for the second time, but what you get instead is your gun clicking empty, a deadly sign for any man in a life or death situation.

If this is a dream, you should be able to wake yourself up then, right? You try to close your eyes and open them, you pinch yourself, and you even put the gun against your head and start pulling the trigger to no avail. During this time, you fail to notice Abraham slowly rising up from his chair, and once you slowly move your eyes to him, your heart sinks in your chest and you go cold.

Abraham moves around the desk, in a very robotic motion, and walks directly for you, as you start backing up to the door, getting ready to swing your trophy. You put a lot of power into your swing, nearly knocking you forward, and as the cruel metal instrument hit’s “Abraham’s” head, it crumbles into ashes, into dust, as it falls between your fingers.

Even though you know that this is a dream, no matter how vivid it is, or how real everything feels, you are completely fucking terrified, petrified even, as you can’t find the energy to move your hand to the door handle to get out.

Abraham leans in close, his breath rotted, and his eyes still dead, he opens his mouth and another soft moan comes out.

This town will be your tomb, Doctor, remember that
>>
You jolt up in your bed, sweat streaming down your face and your heart racing. You jump out of your bed and run over to your open window, trying to find proof that you were in a dream, and you are now awake.

Thankfully, to your relief, you find patrols walking round the perimeter of the town, as well as a few people here and there walking to whatever job was assigned to them, as the sun starts to peek over the horizon. You fall back into your bed and take a few deep breaths. You go over and wash your face, get your gear, and do everything that you had done in your dream, while thinking about what Abraham had said.

The logical conclusion would be that you were suffering grief over Killing Abraham, maybe even a slight case of PTSD, and that is what Dana would have told you, but there is just a slight nagging feeling that what he said means something more than just a bad dream.

>Go to the Clinic, just to calm your nerves
>It’s better to get lost in your work, go to the armory and get your gear
>Other
>>
>Go to the Clinic, just to calm your nerves
>>
File: Dr. Anishen1.jpg (53KB, 531x490px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Anishen1.jpg
53KB, 531x490px
You have some time before you have breakfast and have to meet the General, so you figure that you could afford to head over to the clinic, and make sure the office didn’t have “anything” in it. It’s an irrational fear to have, especially since it’s a dream, but you won’t be able to fully focus until you finally get your answers.

You start heading over, checking to make sure you have your sidearm, and your knife, just in case, you quietly say to yourself. To your happy surprise, Doctor Dana Anishen is there, getting the clinic set up for the day, powering on the generator, and heading inside.

You open the doors and find her walking out of a room, jumping when she sees you.

“Oh my, Xavier, once again you scared me. If I didn’t know better, I’d say you like doing it. What are you doing here so early though?” She asks, as she leans on the front counter.

>”I could ask the same thing, aren’t you here a little early yourself?”
>Tell her the truth about your nightmare, maybe she could help
>Tell her you just wanted to get a quick walkthrough of your clinic before you leave
>Other
>>
>>1644292
>Tell her the truth about your nightmare, maybe she could help
She knows, so she can help.
>>
>>1644292
>Option number 1
>>
>>1644292
>tell her the truth
so is this quest going down a more supernatural spooky route ? that would be pretty based
>>
>Listen Dana, I had this real fucked dream about an undead Abraham attacking me in that back office, and he told me that this town would be my tomb. I know it’s irrational to think that he’s undead and in that back room, but I needed to come see it for myself.

She thinks for a moment and smiles at you, before taking your hand.

“Come on then Xavier, it’s good to get these things off your chest. I’m not a psychologist and even I know this. So come on.” She says cheerily, as she leads you to the back office.

As she opens the door, you instinctively reach your empty hand down to your 1911, nestles in it’s holster. She slowly opens the door and to your relief, it is as empty as it usually is.

“See, no Abraham, just me, and all the work I have to do today. Now I want you to push all those silly thoughts out of your head because I hear that you have a big day ahead of you. If you survive and come back in one piece, I’ll tell you what my “scary” dream was about. Now “go break a leg”, as you Americans call it.” She happily says as she shoos you towards the front door.

Well while you do have a full day ahead of you, you have an hour to burn. You could go over to the armory to see what they have, or you could get an hour’s rest, or you could talk to someone before your meeting with the General.

>Go to the armory and see if they have anything special
>Go get an hour of rest, every bit counts
>Go talk to someone/who?
>>
>>1645765
>so is this quest going down a more supernatural spooky route
Well I guess that will be up to interpretation
>>
>>1646012
>>Go get an hour of rest, every bit counts
>>
File: TheGeneral.jpg (6KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
TheGeneral.jpg
6KB, 274x184px
You’re still dead tired from waking up so early, especially from such a surprising dream, so it would probably wise to get a little bit of shut eye before your mission, as you don’t know exactly how long you might be staying up for. You walk back to your house and take off your tactical vest and then proceed to flop down on a couch for a nice nap.

You are shaken awake by Peyton some time later, and he’s groggily telling you that it’s time to get up, as he pulls himself out the front door and towards the communal eating area for breakfast. You unfortunately have to eat what few MRE’s the town has, so you can get going as quickly as possible.

You put on your tactical vest, and jog over to the Armory to get your P90 and AR15. You sign the necessary documentation for the weapons, and grab 150 rounds each for both weapons, as well as 3 magazines for your 1911. You have your K-Bar, your tactical vest and ballistic vest. You won’t be doing any urban running in this, but you’ll survive a firefight.

Hauling your gear along with you, you make your way over to the vehicle depot where your team will be assembling at. Seeing that most everyone else is already there, you break out into a light jog. The men see it and start to laugh among themselves.

“Don’t strain anything Doctor, we wouldn’t want you to be out of commission before we even get on the boats.” Miller says, as everyone around him laughs a little harder.

“Alright, gentlemen, alright. If joking around could save the town, you’d all have a hero's welcome. Seeing as we’re all here now, I’ll get to the brass tacks,” The General says gruffly, as he adjusts his leather bomber jacket. “You’ll ride in three trucks, down to a small “village”, and I say that very generously, that have a few docks where we have put the two boats that Andrew and his team have secured. There you will meet the three men I have posted there, and they’ll lead you to the boats, where you’ll split to three on each boat. From there, you’ll drift upriver until you reach Arsenal Island, where there should be an open dock. Now, this is where it gets gray, because our scouting mission didn’t get all the way to Davenport, and the soldiers that were from Arsenal, some that are with you now, do not know if the river is blocked or not, nor do they know if the docks are still open. So you will have to think on your feet if you want to survive, but you six are the best I have, and the survival of this town rests upon your shoulders. Godspeed Gentlemen.”
>>
And with that, General Tristus takes the time to shake each hand of the men involved in this mission, even the drivers. He saves you for last and pulls you off to the side.

“Xavier, don’t fucking die on this one, and don’t get injured again, because I need you functional for this entire mission. I don’t know if it’s gonna last just a day or two, or weeks, but we need those guns and ammo. Get them by any means, and I mean by any means. Also, find some better clothes, because you look like shit. Good luck, Doctor.” He says authoritatively, as he gives your hand a strong shake.

You get your gear and throw it in the back of one of the Ford trucks, and get comfortable for the short ride to your destination, thinking of all the terrible shit that is going to happen.
Alright this was an extremely short thread, but I need to restructure how I run everything, as well as the times, because it seems like people don’t know when or how long I run, so I’ll be announcing on twitter my finalized schedules, so I suggest you pop in there every once in awhile, and I’ll be announcing my runs in the General. Thank you everyone for sticking through this very turbulent scheduling problem, and I hope to see you when I see you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.