[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravedigger Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: Graveyard.dd.character.png (135KB, 461x657px) Image search: [Google]
Graveyard.dd.character.png
135KB, 461x657px
Congratulations! You are a professional GRAVEDIGGER! You work for a small time LICH! However the ECONOMY is in DECLINE, so your LORD AND MASTER has had to downsize his employees.

You, yes You sir are left! Don't you feel lucky?

You have:
-A magical bag of holding bodies
-A collapsible gravedigging shovel. With one flourish of the wrist it extends from devious trench knife size to up to six feet in length.
-Common black clothing, suitable for a noble grave digger or worthless peasant.
-A compulsion to serve your MASTER. You are totally in his thrall!

What is your compulsion?
>I come from a long line of Gravediggers. I serve my Master according to Tradition
>I was an adventurer once. That is all I know before the icy psychic claws of my Master freed me from the memories of my past. My will is bound to him through aching mental chains.
>I was a thief once. I stole his phylactery. He stole my soul.
>I am a mutant. I was driven away from normal society. Well that and they didn't appreciate me hobnobbing with ghouls. Master has a non-discrimination policy.
>I fled the violent mob that consumed my previous Master. I have always had a Master. Master is Master. Yesssss.

What is your Name?
>>
>>1638830
>I come from a long line of Gravediggers. I serve my Master according to Tradition
>>
>>1638831
Oh, and our name should be Jebediah Lakeglow
>>
>>1638830
>I am a mutant. I was driven away from normal society. Well that and they didn't appreciate me hobnobbing with ghouls. Master has a non-discrimination policy.
>>1638833
This name still sounds good though
>>
>>1638830
>>I come from a long line of Gravediggers. I serve my Master according to Tradition
We got an age-old contract still going on between our family and the Lich
>>
>>1638929
This
Let's bro it up with our lichbro. Maybe he'll teach us some cool ass magic
>>

You are Jebediah of the ancient and hoary House of Lakeglow

Your ancestors once formed a pact with an aspiring necromancer. Duty and service in exchange for wealth and secret knowledge. Long did the Lakeglows serve the one to be known as Master, their fortunes waxed fat by selling off crusader armor-only gently used!-generation after generation. Until of course the dread monstrosities known as Banks came. Controlled by the Prince, the religious orders were taxed to the point they could no longer crusade and peace sorrowfully settled upon the land, drying up war graveyards and increasing lifespan of all.

Truly a Dark Time.

>Lakeglow. Servant Mine.

comes the mental call

>A mission awaits. Our fortunes have malingered for too long! Come loyal Lakeglow. Come to the War room.

You gather up your trusty shovel and shuffle off deep within the catacombs.

You are MARKED by your service to DARK POWERS. How do you suffer?

>A lisp that is often offputting, caused by tusked teeth
>A lazy eye that rolls about on its own, sometimes pointing towards danger.
>the mark of the noble hunchback. Charity may find you.
>Ears large and pointed, earning mockery. But a bit of fae heritage flows through your blood
>One leg long and double jointed. You move with a limp-like this!- but on occasion you may leap over obstacles by hopping.
>>
>>1639039
>>Ears large and pointed, earning mockery. But a bit of fae heritage flows through your blood
>>
>>1639039
>Ears large and pointed, earning mockery. But a bit of fae heritage flows through your blood
>>
>>1639039

We can hear for the and be it's ears. Nobody never pays attetion to the poor Lakeglow
>>
>>1639039

We half-elf now?
>>
>>1640214
We shoud have donkey ears
>>
>A lisp that is often offputting, caused by tusked teeth

Ghoul gravedigger is a must
>>
>>
You scratch at your large bat-like pointed ears as they tingle at Master's psychic call.

The War Room is an old sepulcher that has seen grander days. A map of the realms in yellowing parchment is splayed over a knight's sarcophagi. The Master stands over the map, twin pinpricks of flame the only illumination in his shadowy hood.

>As you know, We’ve hit an economic downturn

“Yeth Mathster” You reply

>Save the lisp for formal occasions. The graveyards are drying up from regional peace, and new taxes have been put in place on the thieves’ guild. I’ve had to let go the Alchemist, the Warden, the Thief, the Torturer and most of the Apprentices. We are working with a skeleton crew, pardon the pun.

>This means You loyal Lakeglow will have to fill multiple positions

“Yes Master” You reply

>Your goal will be to steal a body. Not just any mortal detritus. The Philosopher Thomas. He has passed on but that does not mean he is outside my grasp. The whole body is not essential, I will accept the head in a pinch, but do try to get all that you can.

>Go to the town of Reikmar. Secure the head from the Graveyard there. The body has been in state for two weeks and has been recently interred. Avoid complications like the City Watch if you can; kill if you must. All bodies are welcome in my domain so you may turn a fuckup into something useful. Any filthy lucre you find keep for yourself as a job well done.

>Now, before you go

Master tosses a gold watch on a chain to you. It says “500 years served”

>Do not forget your family heirloom Lakeglow or it’s magic. It’s time stop ability lasts a few heartbeats but that may keep you out of a bind. Now GO! I Command it!

How do you make your way to the town of Reikmar?
>I take one of Master’s skeletal steeds and attempt to hide the abomination in the forest
>I bury my nose in turnips and parsnips, hiding in a Peasant’s wagon cart as we wheel slowly through the city gates
>I share a bumpy ride in a carriage with traveling adventurers
>I disguise myself as a mendicant monk and walk in humbly, ignoring stares and spit alike.
>>
>>1641245
>I disguise myself as a mendicant monk and walk in humbly, ignoring stares and spit alike.
>>
This is a pretty nice quest OP, shame it doesn't get too much attention.
>>
>>1641245
>>
>>1641245
>>
>>1641245
>>I disguise myself as a mendicant monk and walk in humbly, ignoring stares and spit alike.
>>
>>1641245
>>I disguise myself as a mendicant monk and walk in humbly, ignoring stares and spit alike.
>>
The road from the sepulcher is long and windy, filled with switchbacks, hidden ravines and crevasses for the unwary; a perfect hideaway from pestilent and persistent adventurers.

Eventually sturdy boots and stoic tread takes you to the edge of the wood. At a crossroads Reikmar must be near, for a rotting body greets you by swinging gently from a rope; the sign “Thief” punctured into its pectorals. Your ears tingle at this lucky find however. A hangman’s noose taken from the shadow of a crossroad gallows holds mystical power, so the books the Master let you peruse say.

>gain Hangman’s Noose and Gallows Rope.

>shall you take the novice thief into your bag of holding bodies?

The walls of Reikmar loom to the south as you stride with a metal shod staff (your gravedigging shovel, disguised), tonsured scalp and begging bowl. As you queue up to pass under the city gate, merchants make wards against the evil eye and Watchmen’s eyes narrow at your pointed ears. “Mutant” you hear murmured yet none accost you for to their sight your deformity is not quite the devil’s mark. Their mistake suits your purpose.

How will you begin your quest of stealing Philosopher Thomas’ body?

>I find a quiet pub close to the graveyard for a pint and a plan
>I find a pub in the raucous part of town to gab with adventurers and spread coin
>The solace of a church will bring me closer to the churchyard
>I walk the perimeter of the graveyard directly. My Master commands, and his will is bidden.
>>
>>1642037
>We shall take the novice thief into our bag of holding bodies
>>
>>1642037
>>I find a quiet pub close to the graveyard for a pint and a plan
>>
>>1642037
>The solace of a church will bring me closer to the churchyard
>>
>>1641498
Why thank you sirrah
>>
>>1642037
>>The solace of a church will bring me closer to the churchyard
>>
>I walk the perimeter of the graveyard directly. My Master commands, and his will is bidden.
>>
>>1642037
>>We shall take the novice thief into our bag of holding bodies
>>I find a quiet pub close to the graveyard for a pint and a plan
>>
>>1642037
>>
File: 450px-Tavern.png (140KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Tavern.png
140KB, 450x420px
Sawdust for a floor and dirty glasses. Ahhh. A pub ripe enough for a pint. The door creaks closed and you are greeted with the disinterested stare of the barkeep and the silence of a fellow day drinker who has ensconced himself on the opposite side of the bar.

[Rules]
Roll 1d100 three times when requested. Higher is better. The highest and the average will be taken into consideration.

>Make a LISTEN roll now noble Lakeglow

Your drink is filled, an acceptable brown brew and you stare through the window at the graveyard outside. A good sized place of interment for a town, the dead rest in a flat grove about half a city block in size. A six foot tall pointed fence surrounds the landmark, with iron gates to the south and east. It appears they are padlocked at night.

The mortuary is a three story structure in the north east corner. A bit larger and ornate with pillared columns, moreso than you expected. The caretaker likely lives at the mortuary, perhaps on the third floor tower or somewhere on the ground floor you suspect. That is assuming the character is a kind normal folk and not up to occult dealings like yourself.

The rest of the yard holds the usual gaggle of headstones, gargoyles and weeping stone angels. Perfect for skulking around at night. Upon a small hill is an enclosed above ground crypt, surrounded by it's own gate. Likely the resting place of the rich and noteworthy of the town surrounding.

How shall you proceed with things?
> I shall scout the yard during the day time. This may increase suspicion.

>Under the blanket of night I ....
>>Attempt to scale the fence and rush into the forest of headstones
>>Attempt to enter the inviting window of the mortuary
or
>something else?
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1643774
>>>Attempt to enter the inviting window of the mortuary
>>
>be excited by Darkest Dungeon pic

>quest was not in fact DD quest.

remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer
>>
>>1643774

Peasants aren´t rich enough to afford philosophical studies. We will find him on the mortuary and we can also sack a few bodies on the side for our master
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>1644343
Forgot the roll
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>1643774
>enter the inviting window of the mortuary.
If we catch him asleep we can add him to masters collection
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>1643774
>>
>LISTEN roll

High of 90, average of 54.

As the bartender pours the reclusive barfly another beer your keen ears hear:

“Making your rounds again soon Charlie?”

“Waste of time. Graveyard is quiet as a grave and deadly boring. I’ll rattle the gates in a bit. Pour me another”

“What about the Misses of the fancy old timer. You know, the Philosopher one?”

“She’s still there crying her eyes out. Going on her third week. She’s a pretty bird but much too clingy to that corpse”

You realize the once silent barfly is actually a member of the City Watch, ordered to guard the graveyard from malcontents, undead and nefarious types like yourself. Glancing more keenly, you see the Watchman has a metal truncheon, handcuffs and that’s about it. Fortunately there is no smell of dog on the man. Enemy to postman and graverobber alike, hounds are a danger in this business.
>>
>It is NIGHT

>enter the inviting window of the mortuary

A quick flick of the Hangman’s Noose, an obliging tree branch, a silent push at the windowpane and with some scrabble you are within.

For our gentle readers some clarification. The mortuary is plainly three stories from the outside. You have entered the ground floor, or the first floor. The second floor is on the ceiling above, and the third floor is a simple attic spire.

>Make a STEALTH roll. 3 d100.

You’ve slipped your way into the largest room on the ground floor. The showroom. The walls are gaily painted with sepulchral white and several caskets and coffins of cheaper, flimsier stuff yawn open to invite the newly departed. Velvet curtains abound and fortunately the floor bears an ornate rug on which to tiptoe. Again, here with glittering silver urns and candlesticks, wealth is on display.

Shall we partake?

>I take the valuable urns and candlesticks. This will encumber me somewhat
>I leave the items unmolested.

Where do we skulk to next?

>There are stairs down and an unmistakable acrid odor.
>There are stairs to the second floor
>The stairs continue upwards to the third story garret
>There are three other rooms here. A small one, a medium one and a large one. We can investigate any one or all three.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1646844
>Leave items unmolested.
We steal bodies not urns and candlesticks,Bodies!
>Investigate all the rooms then head to the second floor.
We are on the lookout for bodies. BODIES! Living or dead..
>>
>>1646844
>>The stairs continue upwards to the third story garret
>>
Rolled 66, 8, 39 = 113 (3d100)

>>1646844
>There are stairs down and an unmistakable acrid odor.
>>
Rolled 79, 12, 98 = 189 (3d100)

>>1646844
>There are three other rooms here. A small one, a medium one and a large one. We can investigate any one or all three.
>>
>I leave the items unmolested
> there are stairs down and an unmistakable acrid odor
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1647063
>>1650031
>Investigate all the rooms

>>1647945
>>1652636
>To the basement!

Tie breaker
1=investigate all the rooms
2=basement
>>
>Stealth Roll
High of 79, Average of 54.

Tip toeing around the showroom, it’s as if the air holds its breath but nothing stirs. Are you lucky or simply careful not to make a sound in an ill-starred location?

The door to the basement is well oiled and slips silently open. A reflection of the mortician’s attention to detail or does he have the funds for help? You muse on this question as your boot clad feet softly descend upon the wooden staircase into the cold stone basement. Formaldehyde and niter, pungent acids and gentle floral perfumes; the familiar scents of an embalmer’s calling. Wan moonlight filters in through a basement window, enough to reveal three bodies on individual slabs, waiting for the mortician’s knife.

A careful scan of nametags on the toes suggest these poor three are tradesmen of some wealth. Their loss would be noticed eventually. But no Philosopher Thomas here. Where could he be?

>We may take any of the following:
>up to three bodies
>bottle of formaldehyde
>surgical knife

If you take a body roll 1d6 for each body taken
1 = clergyman
2 = city watchman
3= merchant
4= herbalist
5= blacksmith
6= alchemist

Where should we skulk to next?

>exit the building and explore the graveyard
>explore the three ground floor rooms
>second floor of the mortuary mansion
>third floor garret
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 6 = 9 (3d6)

>>1655011
>take clergyman
>take alchemist
>take blacksmith
>Exit the building and explore the graveyard
We hopefully got some bodies now let's hightaiil it out for here and find the philosopher
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 6 = 17 (3d6)

>>1655011
>Take three bodies
>exit the building and explore the graveyard
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 5 = 13 (3d6)

>>1655011
>>
Hey GM out of interest sakes, are you European or American?
>>
>>1657536
American. I'm aware of the first floor/ground floor problem however
>>
>>1655011
>Take three bodies
>explore the three ground floor rooms
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.