[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lonesome Star Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: sol system 1.jpg (255KB, 990x743px) Image search: [Google]
sol system 1.jpg
255KB, 990x743px
It was the year 2571, and everything was silent. An old mining prospector had just finished the job of scooping up the atmosphere of Jupiter for Helium 3, and was carrying its cargo out along the interplanetary transport system to Mars. The company who owned the mining ship was the Zeta Caravan, and they were affiliated with the Martian Covenant.

Suddenly, the calm peace was shattered. A laser zipped through from the void. Cloaked in darkness, the stealth warship was not seen until it was too late, and the mining vessel was blown to smithereens, the vacuum of space consuming the screams of the dying crew.

Now decloaked, the dreaded Eagle symbol could be seen on the side of the ship. It was the Imerrisan privateers - their mission, to plunder as much wealth as they could. Much needed fuel supplies were cut down to a trickle from the frozen Outer System, choking the Inner Sol System in the Imerrisan Commonwealth’s war of attrition against the Tellusian Alliance, of which the Martian Covenant was a member, along with the United Nations of Earth, the Principality of Venus, and their vassals in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

As the Imerrisans were put at a disadvantage when it came to sheer firepower, early on in the war they were severely overpowered in the Inner System when they went on the offensive. However, cloaking technology was soon developed, and as the Immerisans were the only ones who had discovered it, they switched to a defensive strategy in the Outer System, turning the tide of the war.

However, this fortune depended on the neutrality of the Jovian Lunar Republics, the Confederacy of Saturn, the Holy Neptunian Empire, and most of all, the disparate micronations that were among the unaligned sectors of the asteroid belt, as well as those who neighbored the Commonwealth in the Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud.

But enough boring history. Let us get back to the subject at hand.

Who might you be, dear players?

The Scavenger: You're one of the last surviving Martian crew members, hurtling through space in an emergency escape shuttle. You need to find a place to shelter and gather up more fuel, or you will die in vain on your journey to the Inner Sol System.
The Soldier: Once nothing but a hick farmer boy, you now work on the Imerissan privateer vessel, and you’re an awful long way from your asteroid home in the Kuiper belt. You don't see much action, but there is room for a promotion, if you prove yourself.
The Merchant: You're a mining tycoon living on Ganymede, pulling your hair out over your sharp losses in profits due to the constant plague of piracy. If you don’t do something about this soon, your business will go bankrupt, and your entire life’s work will be for nothing.
>>
>>1634208
>The soldier
>Kill all the things
>>
>>1634208
>Scavenger
Who knows what we'll find out there.
>>
>>1634208
>The Soldier: Once nothing but a hick farmer boy, you now work on the Imerissan privateer vessel, and you’re an awful long way from your asteroid home in the Kuiper belt. You don't see much action, but there is room for a promotion, if you prove yourself.
>>
>>1634208
>The Soldier
Join the Space Army, they said...
>>
>>1634282
>>1634570
>>1634674
>The Soldier

The privateer ship, The Morrigan, makes a stop as crew is currently plundering the remains of what was once their latest quarry. They had left the fuel bays intact for the most part, and so the Imerrisans could salvage some of the Helium 3 as fuel for their fusion engine. This didn't even use a drop of the H3 reserves that were left, thus the vast majority of their catch will be sold to the Commonwealth, as well as various other factions that are allied with them. You are one of the men selected for the recovery teams, and so, in groups of three, you embark outside in a dinky little corvette along with a swarm of droids. All in all, it's a fairly routine task, even though finding another ship in the vast emptiness of space is a rarity indeed. It takes a few hours, but eventually everything is loaded up. However, just as your team is about to head on back to the ship and call it a job well done, you find a strange spherical container with a red flashing light…

What do you do?

>Open it.
>Leave it alone.
>Bring it back to the ship.
>>
>>1634208
Soldier
>>
>>1634694
>>
>>1634694
>>Open it.
What could go wrong?
>>
>>1634694
>Leave it alone.
>>
Question for the OP: I'm new to 4chan, and I was wondering how you did the colored text in the OP?
>>
>>1634694
Bring it back.
>>
>>1634729
You do [red/blue/green] shit you wanna say [red/blue/green] (don't include spaces)

Like this
Or this
Or even this

However, only the OP of the thread can do it on /qst/. It might be different on other boards.
>>
>>1634706
>>1634721
>>1634738
You order a droid to put the container onto your corvette, and soon you walk over with the rest of your team to begin the trip back to The Morrigan. That is, until one of your team mates, Rick Shaw, calls you over.

"What is it, exactly, that you are loading onto your ship?" He crosses his arms as he says this, eyebrows scrunched up along with an inquisitive frown on his face.

"I don't rightly know," you reply. "Orders were to bring over anythin useful, so I just thought that it might just be, that's all."

Rick chuckled, and scratched the back of his neck. "You know, sometimes the TAS fuckers like to hide trackers in things like that, right?"

"I've been on The Morrigan fer a while now, and I've seen trackers. They usually stick em on the H3 tanks, but we didn't find any of em this time round. Seems like this ol bird was just your run o the mill cargo ship." You then point over to the spherical container. "I ain't never seen anythin like this, though, so as I said before, I thought it'd be a good idea to bring it over, just so HQ can have a look at it."

Shrugging, Rick waves a dismissive hand. "Whatever, man. I'm just being paranoid I guess."

"It ain't paranoia if they're really out to getcha."

He laughs as you make your remark. "Right."

Thirty minutes later, you're back on the ship, and most of your ill gotten goods are safely stored away. The spherical container, however, has caused quite the ruckus, and before you even knew it you were called up to the captain's office for a debriefing.

You and your team members stand tall at attention in the middle of the room. The leading staff of the ship is staring at you, and you have the sudden urge to look down at your feet, but even then, you keep an even stare with the captain.

What do you do?

>Ask why you were called up.
>Tell them everything that happened.
>Wait for the captain to talk first.
>>
>>1634829
That's how it is done.
>>
>>1634829
>>Wait for the captain to talk first.
>>
>>1634829
>>
>>1634832
>>1634839
>>1634842
"It appears that we have quite the catch on our hands." The Captain steeples his fingers, leaning forward on the desk. "Tell me, who was it that found that sphere?"

Rick and your other team mate, Steve, look in your direction, and so you step forward. You open your mouth, "I did, sir. I was the one that found it and brought it on board."

The captain's face is stoic, but his eyes shine with intrigue. "Really? Interesting. How exactly did you come across it?"

You tell the Captain everything that happened so far, describing the shape and condition that the sphere was in when you first found it as well. More and more, the rest of the staff look on with increasing attention, and the Chief Weapons Officer's smile grows increasingly shark-like as you speak.

The CWO clears his throat once you finish. "You said that you saw a flashing red light on the container, correct?"

"Why, yes sir, I did."

"Did you happen to notice a string of numbers on its top as well?"

"Now that you mention it, sir-"

Suddenly, a holographic screen flipped on the Captain's desk.

It was the navigator.

"Captain Schmidt, I'm afraid we have a problem. An enemy Dreadnought-class ship has been detected, and it's headed straight for us. Laser contact should be in about fifteen minutes."

A Dreadnought? This far out in the Outer System? Strange... This routine mission has just gotten a whole lot more interesting.

"All right. I'm putting the ship on red alert. Initiate cloaking, and send this announcement to everyone else."

The Captain then turned towards you. "I'm afraid that this conversation will have to continue at a later date. Head over to your battle stations, pronto."

You all salute, and quickly you move to go do as your told.

What happens next?

>The enemy ship enters laser contact before The Morrigan's cloaking systems fully power up, and so you, along with the rest of the crew, are stuck in a pitched battle that will surely be your end. However, the Captain has a trick up his sleeve...
>The Morrigan manages to cloak itself in time, and the ship quickly escapes. The ship is nothing to scoff at, but against a Dreadnought, it's suicide.
>>
>>1634956

>The enemy ship enters laser contact before The Morrigan's cloaking systems fully power up, and so you, along with the rest of the crew, are stuck in a pitched battle that will surely be your end. However, the Captain has a trick up his sleeve...
FINAL DESTINATION
>>
>>1634956
Hell, let's have some fun.
>>
Okay guys, it's getting pretty late, and I'm going to have to end the thread earlier than I thought, as I just got last minute news of a giant fuckup that I have to fix, but don't worry. I will be back on Monday.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.