[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arcana Quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ARCANA_OP_2.jpg (294KB, 1024x1040px) Image search: [Google]
ARCANA_OP_2.jpg
294KB, 1024x1040px
You tell her that it's a female, and after a bit of deliberation decide to go for the standard binding. Professor Whitedale gives a smile and a nod, and ushers you into a room that's connected to her office. Inside, you see a large magical circle.
“Just put her in the middle, the runes will calm her and make sure she doesn't run away.”
You do as you are told and step back as she prepares the ritual, taking some blood from you that she uses together with some other exotic reagents. Once everything is in place, she takes her place in a rune-free part of the circle, and you in another one. She starts chanting and the circles start glowing, the ones between you and the young manticore being the brightest. You feel the spell take hold, which is distinctly uncomfortable, while the pup just looks around in a sort of dazed curiosity.

Suddenly the runes around the young beast erupt in light that arcs over to the ones around your position, and you can slightly feel the presence of another mind. The effect ebbs off with the light, and Whitedale slumps a bit as the ritual takes its toll in energy. As soon as the magically induced calm ends, the manticore runs over to you excitedly, nuzzling against your leg until you give a soft giggle and scratch it behind its ear, eliciting a low purr.

“So,” you hear from behind you and turn to face the professor. “That's that, she'll be loyal to the death now, and pretty clever to boot. Don't forget to milk her venom regularly, Professor Grolash is gonna love you.” she says and gives a smile, before promptly returning to her desk and lazing about. “Now get outta my office, I've got stuff to do. Like procrastinating.” You turn to go, but just as you're about to shut the door, she speaks up again.
“By the way, what're you gonna name her?”

>Manticore names?
>>
File: ARCANA_Shitty_Map_Incomplete.png (148KB, 1336x648px) Image search: [Google]
ARCANA_Shitty_Map_Incomplete.png
148KB, 1336x648px
Hello and welcome back to Arcana Quest!
Take the role of a burgeoning young Mage who definitely does NOT engage in mad sorcery, and have fun with it!
Dice Rolls to do something are D100, Bo3. Random Rolls are a flat D100 or D20, I'll tell you what to roll of course.
English is not my native language, so please forgive typos, grammar errors and awkward phrasing, but I'll do my best.
This is my first quest, so any critique and/or pointers to improve my writing/ storytelling are greatly appreciated.
Sorry I didn't run yesterday as planned, some things came up and I was too tired in the evening.
Some updates and clarifications:

>Combat: The modifier you get varies depending on your action, but so does the DC. If you try to kill something that's resistant to arcane with arcane magic, it might be harder to do than just using something with a lower modifier that fits the situation better.

>After looking back at the first session, I realized that the distances described don't match up with the times, but it'd suck if it took a day's travel to get anywhere interesting. So I'll just retcon the following: there is a portal for members of the Academy between the Crossroads and city gates.
>>
Oh, totally forgot. What will you be doing nex?

>Find Mary, find out about the Assassin situation
>Find Professor Grolash, deliver the ingredients
>Find the Headmaster or his secretary, deliver the stones
>Go to the Library, find information about your blood crystal
>Other
>>
Glad to see you back OP.
How about
>Leida
For a name?

For now let's clear some of our open quests before opening up others.

>Find the Headmaster or his secretary, deliver the stones
>>
File: Arraya.jpg (351KB, 1322x970px) Image search: [Google]
Arraya.jpg
351KB, 1322x970px
>>1632735
I like it! I'll keep it open for a while longer to give people time to trickle in. Kinda forgot about the archive of thread 1:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1616109/

Also, (incomplete) character sheet.
>>
>>1632716
>>Find Mary, find out about the Assassin situation
>>1632752
How fugly, as expected from half-elf
>>
So, since nobody gave a shit, I'll run tomorrow throughout the day.
>>
>>1632690
>>Find Professor Grolash, deliver the ingredients

I vote we name her Sophie.

>>1633102

This is why you need to set up a schedule for run times and a twitter for announcing when your running.
>>
>>1632690
>>
>>1632697
>>
>>1632716
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.