[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fortress Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 8

File: Fortress.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Fortress.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
You are:
>a disgraced noble, banished by your king for your 'treachery'
>a humble village peasant, tired of backbreaking labor and lack of protection from your lord
>a down-on-your-luck merchant, seeking to recoup his losses on one last venture
>a retired veteran, trying to build something out of the ashes of the war he helped win.

You have come to:
>Badun, the desert of the hungry crows (+10)
>Meadale, the forest where the Elves are said to dwell (+5)
>Icstow, the icy tundra, where only the hardiest survive (+30)
>Spebrook, the river which never dries
>Yhtwic, the hills which whisper in the dark

The surroundings are:
>Mild and cheerful (-20)
>Harsh, but adaptable (-10)
>Difficult and troubling
>Terrible and ominous (+10)
>Horrible and terrifying (+20)

The resources here are:
>Abundant (-10)
>Mediocre
>Scarce (+10)

(You start with 10 points, you may not go below 0 points. You will use the points to buy starting resources, equipment and skilled labor so choose wisely.)

The object of this quest is to build a fortress and stay alive as long as possible. More rules will be explained as we go along. For now, we will choose the starting scenario by popular vote.

Disclaimer: Yes, this game is inspired by dwarf fortress
>>
>>162987
>Yhtwic, the hills which whisper in the dark
>Horrible and terrifying (+20)
>Scarce (+10)
>>
>>162987
>A humble village peasant
>Spebrook
>Terrible and ominous
>Mediocre

Things are gonna be hard when you're just some dumb ass dirty peasant
>>
>a down-on-your-luck merchant, seeking to recoup his losses on one last venture
>Spebrook, the river which never dries
>Harsh, but adaptable (-10)
>Scarce (+10)
>>
>>162987
>Meadale, the forest where the Elves are said to dwell (+5)
>Difficult and troubling
>Scarce (+10)
>>
>>163037
Voting for this
>>
>>163037
>>163042
Ok, going with this then. Writing update.
>>
>Ultra baby mode
Welp
>>
Speaking of Dwarf Fortress

Seems like a really awesome game and I want to love it but I just cannot handle the graphics. Why did they fucking make it like that
>>
OP you there?
>>
File: mymap.png (72KB, 1264x700px) Image search: [Google]
mymap.png
72KB, 1264x700px
You are Lord Humbeorn, or were, before the king stripped of your title, your land and your dignity and banished you from the his kingdom.

Thankfully, your coffers were spilling over with tax money when you were sent away, and with that money you have bought provisions, equipment and labor to start a new life.

You start with 15 points. You start with 6 peasants, you may spend points on equipment, provisions or changing a peasant to a skilled laborer. N.B Your peasants can attempt any labor, but at a penalty. Similarly, equipment simply gives a bonus, but is not necessary (your peasants can always make makeshift equipment)

>Provisions | Cost
Food (meat) | 2p
Food (plant) | 1p
Drink (alchl) | 3p
Drink (wtr) | 1p/5 units

Lumber | 3p
Stone | 5p
Ore | 7p
Metal | 12p
Gems | 20p

Leather | 2p
Cloth (plant) | 1p
Cloth (silk) | 10p

Seeds | 1p
Livestock (large) | 12p
Livestock (small) | 6p
Pets | 3p

>Equipment| Cost
Tools | 1p
Weapons (mle) | 7p
Weapons (rng, ammo incl.) | 5p
Armor | 10p

Containers (bags) | 1p
Containers (barrels) | 3p
Wheelbarrow | 6p
Furnishings | 4p-10p

Medical Equipment | 10p

Anvil | 5p

>Labor | Cost
Extra peasant | 2p
Miner | 4p
Hunter | 4p
Doctor | 10p
Smithy | 5p
Carpenter | 5p
Craftsman | 6p
Architect | 7p
Engineer | 6p
Soldier | 7p

Here you have decided to settle: Meadale, where the oaks are tall and the air fresh. When you were a lord you were a:
>Cunning diplomat (You will not be sieged for at least 1 whole year)
>Vicious warlord (One of your peasants is automatically a soldier and soldiers take half as long to train)
>Wealthy Aristocrat (A trade caravan will come 1 season early the first year)

>>163304
Yeah sorry, the map took way too long to make kek.
>>
>>163333
>Voting for warlord
>>
>>163333
>Cunning diplomat (You will not be sieged for at least 1 whole year)
>>
Also forgot to mention:

You can vote to buy something with your points by choosing one item from the list then rolling 1d50. I will then take the highest rolls, in order, to determine what is bought
>>
Rolled 18 (1d50)

>>163333
Rolling for melee weapns
>>
Rolled 28 (1d50)

>>163333
Roll for stone
>>
Rolled 38 (1d50)

>>163356
Rolling for seeds
>>
Rolled 20 (1d50)

>>163333
>Vicious warlord (One of your peasants is automatically a soldier and soldiers take half as long to train)
>Weapons (mle) | 7p
>>
Rolled 37 (1d50)

>Warlord
>Smithy
>>
>>163503
Did OP die?
>>
>>164929
Nope still here. I was waiting for someone else to buy something since the points don't currently work out (it comes out to 19 with everyone added up or 12 taking just the highest rolls)
>>
>>163333
3 points on plant food and water each x6
Tools x1
Seeds x1
Weapons Rng, Ammo x 5
Finally with the last two points get another peasent for more work. We best get food growing else we are kinda funcked.
>>
>>165062
Roll 1d50 please
>>
>>165091
Rolls
>>
Rolled 3 (1d50)

>>165543
>>165062
Sorry flubbed that
>>
Rolled 35 (1d50)

>>165091
>>
>>165682
What are you buying?
>>
>>165682
>>165909
Alright I'll just assume you were rolling for>>165062

>>163409
>>163503
>>165062
>>163388

You were a vicious warlord.
You start with the following provisions:
Food (plnt) x1
Water x5
Seeds x2

Stone x1

You have the following equipment:
Tools x1

You have the following labor:
Smithy x1
Soldier x1
Peasant x4
Noble (Warlord) x1

You have arrived at Meadale with what provisions you could muster and what labor your money could buy. Living here will be difficult and troubling, for the elf tribes are said to dwell in these woods and there are other dangers in the forest, beside.

Be warned! The orcs are always on the lookout for fresh meat. They will not come in force for a while, but when they do, be ready.

It is now the 3rd week of the spring season. It never snows in these lands, not even in the winter, but your food provisions will only last you till the end of the week.

You can harvest resources from the surrounding land by assigning your men to CREWS (see below). At the end of the week your CREWS will report to you their gains or losses for that week. Anyone can join any crew, those with training or skill in a particular labor are better suited to certain CREWS, whereas assigning those without any skill will result in a penalty.
You can train your men in certain tasks by simply assigning them to an appropriate CREW. They will gain skill over time.
>Crews
Mining - Striking the earth for stone, ore and (rarely) gems
Crafting - Fashioning finished goods from non-metal resources (Stone, wood, cloth, leather)
Carpentry - Making furnishings from stone
Construction - Constructing buildings
Hunting/Animals - Handling animals
Healthcare - Giving medical aid, surgery
Farming - Growing crops, foraging food, cooking
Smithing - Smelting metal from ore, goods from metal

You can build BUILDINGS to house your men, safeguard your resources from the elements and protect your livelihood. BUILDINGS take time and resources to build, some resources are easier to work with, while others are more durable.
>Buildings
House - Can house 5 men comfortably
Longhouse - Can house 15 men comfortably
Barracks - Houses your military crew
Castle - Allows you to train knights

Tavern/Inn - Allows you to recruit mercenaries
Temple - Gives a boost to population morale
Workshop - Gives a boost to the intended crew (only for Carpentry, Smithing and Crafting)

Stockade - Simple wooden fence made of stakes
Low wall - A low wall made of stone
Curtain wall - A high wall made of cut stone
Tower - A watch tower, alerts enemy approach
Moat w/ Drawbridge - Slows down enemy approach

You can fashion FINISHED GOODS from raw resources. The QUALITY of the FINISHED GOODS depend upon a number of factors: equipment, workshop buildings, crew etc. You can use these FINISHED GOODS to improve your men's happiness or sell them at a profit through trade.
>Finished Goods
Furnishings
Meals
Arts/Crafts
Weapons
Armor

(1/2)
>>
Your MILITARY is its own special crew. Unlike the other CREWS, you can assign your men to the MILITARY at any time, even within a week. Your soldiers will gain bonuses depending on their weapons, armor, training, and veterancy.

Time moves in weeks and seasons. There are 4 seasons in a year and 9 weeks per season. The seasons will determine the kinds of events that can trigger.

The time to complete construction, resources gathered in a particular week, how well you do in combat, the quality of any finished goods, all of these things are determined by dice rolls which I will make. As players/the overseer you can assign men to different crews, decide what buildings to build and make general decisions for the fortress. You can request more details on anything and I will respond appropriately.

And now, we begin. Good luck and godspeed.

You are 7 men strong. Assign your men to your crews and decide what each crew will do.

You have enough food and water for 1 week.
>You should probably build some farms for the long term and forage or hunt for some food in the short term

Your men are homeless
>You should probably build a house or two. (N.B 1 unit of building material can build 1 house and wood is faster to work than stone)

Your men are optimistic.
The weather is comfortable.
>>
>>167559
Voting to build a long house
>>
File: FQ_1.png (978KB, 2536x1424px) Image search: [Google]
FQ_1.png
978KB, 2536x1424px
The blue arrow is where you have settled.

Green = Forest
Circles = Hills (which you can mine)
Blue = Lake
Light Yellow = Flat land (which you can build and farm on)
>>
Forgot some buildings:

Farms - Grows food for harvest at the end of every season
Granary - Stores food for the long term
Warehouse - Stores finished goods
>>
>>167559
Seconding >>167564
>>
>>167559
2 peasants and warlord to hunting crew.
soldier to military, have him train.
2 peasants and smith to construction crew, building a longhouse.
>>
Voting to build farms
>>
>>167564
>>168922
>>169078
Here are the reports for this week:

You began construction on a STONE LONGHOUSE, using up your stone. The STONE LONGHOUSE has not yet finished (ETA 3 more weeks).

You hunted in the forest. You encountered: WILD DEER, WILD MOOSE, WILD GEESE, WILD WOLVES.
You obtained: Food (Meat*) x4, Pelts x4
*Eating raw meat will lower your men's morale. Assign some men to the Farming Crew to prepare meals.

You started a MILITARY. Your MILITARY encountered no enemies. You assigned your MILITARY to train.

>Crews
Hunting: 2 peasants, 1 noble
Military: 1 soldier
Construction: 2 peasants, 1 smith

You have the following provisions:
>Food (meat) x4
>Water x4
>Seeds x2

>Pelts x4

>Tools x1

>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your men are slightly upset for having slept outside.

It is the 4th week of Spring. What will you do?
>>
>>170031
Voting to take one peasant off hunting to prepare meals
>>
>>170051
This
>>
>>167559
Oh this is DF as fuuuuuk. I can dig it.

Question real quick: How effective are soldiers at hunting? I don't imagine killing dudes with swords works well into killing deer. Also, do we only have swords and shit or do we have bows and arrows? that would make hunting more viable at the moment, while we train one of the peasants to farm.

Voting to assign a dude to farming if I can.
>>
>>170031
Damn, nvm I was too late.

Well with the house on the way, what do we need to make farms? Just dig out some land, or do we need stone and wood?
>>
>>170051
This
Also he can start a small farm
>>
>>171731
Also voting to take smith off Construction duty and make Him start a mine
>>
>>171736
Wait with me anon, perhaps OP will return
>>
>>171744
This thread is permanently open, I love the mechanics

Also I was one of the first replies
>>
>>171750
I rolled for the smithy. He's my smithy. His name is smith. Tiber smith the smithy. Smith likes to smith weapons and armour
>>
>>171750
It would seem so. Excellent.
As do I, I hope to join if things start up once more.
>>
>>171731
>>170105
>>170051
Agreeing with these guys. Assign a peasant to create a farm and to prepare the food.
>>
>>171615
Currently you have no formal weapons, ranged or otherwise. Your men have been hunting with makeshift wooden spears. Giving them actual weapons will naturally increase hunting yield.

>>171619
You just need to dig out land, although giving the tools to the farmer crew will speed this up. Peasants get a bonus when in the farming crew as well.

>>172238
The maximum number of things a crew can do at one time is limited to the number of people on the crew. Therefore a crew of 1 can only do one thing at a time.

Writing update...
>>
Your report for the 4th week of Spring:

You moved a smithy from the Construction crew to the Mining crew.
You moved a peasant from the hunting crew to the Farming crew

You continued construction on a STONE LONGHOUSE (61wrk, ETA ~3 weeks). .

You hunted in the forest. You encountered no new animals.
You obtained: Food(Meat) x2 Pelts x2

You made SIMPLE MEALS x4 (-4 meat)

You mined Stone x2

Your MILITARY encountered no enemies.

>Crews
Hunting: 1 peasant, 1 noble
Construction: 2 peasants
Mining: 1 smith
Farming: 1 peasant

>Food (meat) x2
>Simple Prepared Meal (meat) x3
>Water x3
>Seeds x2

>Pelts x6

>Tools x1

>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your men are somewhat upset for having slept outside.

It is the 5th week of spring what will you do?

Hint Give the tools to one of your crews to increase yield. You can make more tools from metal
>>
>>172285

*You have the following provisions:
>Food (meat) x2
>Water x3
>Seeds x2

>Pelts x6

>Stone x2
>>
>>172285
Give tools to the construction crew

How do we get more people?
>>
>>172312
There are several ways, here are the three main ones:
1. Immigration - People will begin immigrating to your fort once it has proved it can survive for 1 year. The happier and wealthier your people, the more people will immigrate
2. Slavery - You can buy slaves or enslave those you capture in combat
3. Birth - Your people will give birth to more people. The growth rate is dependent on the amount of surplus food you have and the current population size.

You can also hire mercenaries that visit your tavern (once you build it).
>>
>>172326
Well we give construction tools to construction crew.
And i'd like the hunters to explore south and then on way back they can hunt
>>
>>172285
Do we have a source of freshwater like a river?

If not, we should start construction of a well.
>>
New turn??
>>
>>172454
If you look at the map, there is a large lake near where you've settled. You can have the farmer grew gather water from there or have the construction crew build irrigation canals to bring the water to you, or you can also build a well.

>>172566
I'm thinking whether I should wait for the others, or if this >>172368
is the extent of the orders everyone wants to set for the turn.
>>
>>173802
I am all for a little exploring. I would prefer to give the tools to our farmers since it would take so long to yield crops without them, but I suppose construction is fine, just to agree on something.

Everything looks in order otherwise. We need a little of everything starting out after all.
>>
>>173802
I do wonder though
Is our mining creating a cave that we may or may not take shelter in if required?
How DF are we talkin
>>
>>174197
You're mostly just cutting away stone with the occasional ore vein or gem discovery. You may only build above ground shelters however, you're not dwarves.

Writing update...
>>
Your report for the 4th week of Spring:

You assigned tools to the construction crew, speeding up their construction.
You explored further south and encountered some hunters from a nearby settlement, Stestead. They are cautious of you, but left your men alone.

You continued construction on a STONE LONGHOUSE (29wrk, ETA ~2 week).

You obtained: Food(Meat) x4 Pelts x4

You made simple meals x1 (-1 meat)

Your smithy was injured while mining! He struck loose stone and was caught in a rock slide. His left leg and right arm are broken. He will take 6 weeks to recover -- or less with proper medical care and rest.

Your MILITARY encountered no enemies.

>Crews
Hunting: 1 peasant, 1 noble
Construction: 2 peasants

>Food (meat) x5
>Water x2
>Seeds x2

>Pelts x10

>Tools x1 (Farming Crew)

>Smithy x1 (injured)
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your men are upset for having slept outside.

It is the 5th week of spring what will you do?

Hint: Temporarily assigning everyone to construction will give a massive boost to construction speed
>>
>>174474
*Should be 5th week of spring and 6th week of spring respectively
>>
>>174484
Also:

>Tools x1 (Construction* Crew)

Gotta start proof-reading these before I post....
>>
>>174474
>Injured Smithy
Oh no! Do we have a doctor of any sort on hand? If not, I guess assigning someone to it is our best bet now. Assign the soldier to do it for now, I say. We don't need him just standing there doing nothing-and even if we do need him we can instantly swap him out as a soldier I believe I remember you saying.

And we have enough food for a week so-
>Spoilers
Yeah that. Let's do that, except leave one peasent to gather water from the nearby lake. If it's dangerous, send two, but one should be fine. I assume we have a bucket or something to carry it in? Or do we need to make that?
>>
>>174523
No doctor on hand, or medical supplies. You can have some play doctor to try and speed up recovery, but he just needs rest.

You can instantly draft anyone into the military at any time.

Your men will make the bucket automatically. You get 5 units of water per person gathering water in the crew (specifically, the farming crew is the one that gathers water). Or you can construct the irrigation canals or well, mentioned above, to get a permanent source of water.

Remember that you can divide the construction crew to work on several different tasks at once, so long as the number of different tasks is less than the number of people on the crew.

e.g If you have a 5-man construction crew, you can work a maximum of 5 projects simultaneously with 1 man per project. Or you can have everyone work 1 project, speeding up the construction for that project.

I'll wait for a few more votes before posting again.
>>
Have everyone in the hunting crew switch to construction and help build the longhouse
>>
>>174573
>No supplies right now.
Hm. Alright then, I'd like to assign someone from the hunting crew to tend to him and let him rest for now. We have the food to spare.

>Buckets are automatic
Sweet. put 'gather water x1' on the job list and leave one guy on the farming crew to take care of it.
We'll get that irrigation channel up and running after we have a place to sleep at night and food growing. Would give us an easy way to water them too.
>>
>>174593
Shit, forgot one thing:
And add everyone else to finish the longhouse asap.
>>
File: FQ_2.png (978KB, 2536x1424px) Image search: [Google]
FQ_2.png
978KB, 2536x1424px
>>174590
>>174593
>>174599
Your report for the 6th week of Spring:

You moved a soldier from the military to the Construction crew
You moved everyone from the hunting crew to the Construction crew

You finished construction on a STONE LONGHOUSE! There were some idlers in the Construction crew...

You gathered Water x5 from the lake

An emissary from Stestead wishes to engage in trade with you! He offers you livestock (cows and sheep) in exchange for Ore and Lumber. Unfortunately you don't have either of these resources right now, but he is willing to enter into a trade agreement and return next season. He wants a minimum of 20 Lumber or 10 Ore or some combination thereof. He will remain nearby for one week. What will you tell him?

>Crews
Construction: 3 peasants, 1 soldier, 1 noble

>Food (meat) x5
>Simple Prepared Meal (meat) x2
>Water x6
>Seeds x2

>Pelts x10

>Stone x2

>Tools x1 (Construction Crew)

>Smithy x1 (injured, 5wks)
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic Your men are happy to have built something with their own hands. Your men ask you to name this settlement, what will you name it?

It is the 7th week of spring what will you do?

Hint: You can make a counter-offer to any offer given to you, but be warned, it can badly if you don't know what you're doing
>>
>>174681
>Trade agreement
Hm. Well, we haven't found any Ore yet, so the chances of getting that now are sort of poor. What if we assign everyone to woodcutting for this week, would that be enough to pull in 20 lumber?

Securing trade deals are how we're gonna make it through the first winter, so I'd really like to if we can.
>Counter offer
Are pelts valuable? Perhaps he would like 10 of those as opposed to the lumber. I dont know if we should spend a whole week on it. Make sure our noble is the one doing the talking also.

But now that the long house is complete...
>Finish up the construction of the farm if it isn't done yet
>Begin work on an irrigation channel
>>
>>174681
accept the offer. Actually try to lower the ore and raise the wood. ask if they're intrested in pelts.
Name the settlement Arcadia.
focus the contruction crew on building farm land
>>
>>174724
If you assigned everyone to the Carpentry crew to log wood, you'd make an average of 6 wood/wk

>>174725
Farmers dig farmland; the construction crew can build irrigation channels (from the lake) to increase crop yield and give a permanent water source. Decide how you want to divide up the crews between Farming and Construction.
>>
>>174784
>6 wood a week
Okay, so that's not happening...just ask to see if he wants pelts instead maybe.
>>
>>174802
He agrees to 10 pelts and 10 wood, for 3 animals (your choice of either cows or sheep).

Do you agree to the trade?
>>
>>174816
>>174784
>So close to being able to afford it
Fuck. We don't have the wood...um...
unless we can deconstruct our wagon that we got here on, we can't afford it. I gotta say no, there's not a lot we can do.

To divide the crew though, I would prefer focusing on the farming to get it up and running. So like. 60:40 or so.
>>
>>174963
Well he's giving you until same time next season (so, 9 weeks)
>>
>>174978
Oh, shit I misunderstood. I thought you said he'd only be nearby for 1 week.

Scrap everything I said then.

Agree to the trade, and let's get some woodcutting done.

>Put 2 on Woodcutting
>Majority on farming, and the rest to start on the irrigation. After the farm is done we can focus on that, and our wood cutting to get this guy what he needs.
>>
>>174995
Lets trade
Do this
>>
File: FQ_3.png (977KB, 2536x1424px) Image search: [Google]
FQ_3.png
977KB, 2536x1424px
Your report for the 7th week of Spring

You agreed to a trade agreement with Stestead. You will give them 10 lumber and 10 pelts in exchange for 3 livestock (large). They will return on the 7th week of Summer to complete the trade.

You assign a soldier and yourself to the Carpentry crew.
You assign 3 peasants to the Farming Crew
You assign a peasant to the Construction Crew

You begin construction on Irrigation Canals. (25wrk, ETA ~2wks)
You finish digging out a farm! You plant your seeds (-1 seeds). Your crops will be ready for harvest at end of the Summer season.

You log nearby trees.
You obtain Lumber (x2)

>Crews
Construction: 1 peasant
Farming: 3 peasants
Carpentry: 1 soldier, 1 noble

>Food (meat) x5
>Simple Prepared Meal (meat) x1
>Water x5
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x2

>Smithy x1 (injured, 4wks)
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic Your men are happy to have built something with their own hands.

It is the 8th week of spring what will you do?

Hint: Food which is not stored in a granary will spoil. Meat tends to spoil the fastest
>>
>>175204
*You have the following provisions:
>Food (meat) x5
>Water x5
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x2
>Lumber x2*
>>
>>175204
>Farm finished
Excellent. Now let's shift our workers over to finish the irrigation channel. Once we have that, we'll have sustainable food.

Prepare that meat into meals, and let's just wait for the thing to finish. Granery is next on the list of stuff to finish, after the channel. go ahead and start that project, by moving one of our dudes from Farming to Construction.
>>
>>175231
This
sounds good
>>
>>175204
Okay so.
The peasant in construction is doing fuck all?

Then make him build a Smoke room maybe. we smoke the meats and it'll be preserved?

Otherwise We start a small granary.
>>
>>176912
No your construction crew was working on the irrigation canal. Your farming crew was working on the farm.
>>
>>176964
Well then we carry on the same
>>
File: Just.jpg (29KB, 299x401px) Image search: [Google]
Just.jpg
29KB, 299x401px
>>176964
I believe in you OP
>>
File: FQ_4.png (974KB, 2536x1424px) Image search: [Google]
FQ_4.png
974KB, 2536x1424px
>>175231
Your report for the 8th week of Spring

You move a peasant from the farming crew to the construction crew

You finish construction on the Irrigation Canals!

You make Simple Prepared Meals x3 (-3 meat)

You log nearby trees
You obtain Lumber x3

>Food (meat) x2
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x2
>Lumber x5

>Smithy x1 (injured, 3wks)
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic Your men are happy to have built something with their own hands. Your men want to hold a festival celebrating the founding of this settlement and the end of spring. The festival will last 1 week, in which no work will be done, and will require 2 Prepared Meals. The festival would obviously make your men very happy, and refusing them this celebration would upset them somewhat. What do you tell them?

It is the 8th week of spring what will you do?
>>
>>177945
*9th and last week of spring
>>
>>177589
Posts will be slow during the weekdays (alas QM'ing doesn't pay the bills) but should speed up during the weekends.
>>
>>177945
>Things looking this good
You know what, sure, let's have a settlement founding celebration. After that we can set up a second farm, and then start to explore this wild new land.

Just to make sure though, we should probably assign one from construction to woodcutting for one week (just to get it out of the way) then we can start a new building, and the other to hunting for that one week to make up for the cost of the celebration. Least that's how I'd like to do it.

I am planning a bit ahead I think, but you get the idea.

>>177953
As long as you return OP, then it shall be fine by me.
>>
>>177945
One week of celebrating while food is not yet abundant and we only have 2 buildings finished? No, this is a critical phase of our settlement. They can have a day for celebrating, but then it's back to work.
3 people build the granary, 1 cuts the last logs, 1 or 2 farm
>>
>>178195
I am alright with this worker split, if there isn't a decision to be made.
>>
>>177945
Delay it by a week.
we spend the whole week partying and the food will spoil .
Put everyone into the construction crew and focus on building a granary and another farm plot
>>
its in auto sage.
Also delay the party.
Also backing >>178195
>>
Report of 9th week of Spring

You convince everyone to move the celebration to next week, telling them to celebrate the beginning of summer instead of the end of spring. Your men are pleased by this idea.

>Current crew assignments
Carpentry: 1 Noble
Farming: 2 Peasants
Construction: 2 peasants, 1 Soldier
Mining: 1 Smithy (injured)

You begin construction on a STONE GRANARY (78wrk, ~3wks remaining) using up 1 Stone.
You make simple prepared meals x2 (-2 meat). You caught the farming crew idling...

You logged some trees.
You obtain Lumber x1

>Simple Prepared Meal (meat) x2
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x1
>Lumber x6

>Smithy x1 (injured, 2wks)
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your men are happy to be able to hold a celebration!

The 1st week of Summer passes in a festival of food (-2 prepared meals) and great cheer! (+ morale).

Your men are ecstatic! (bonus to all work while ecstatic).

It is the 2nd week of Summer. What will you do?
>>
>>182009
>Farming crew idling
Is that because there is too many peasents working the crew, or is it just like a 'not being 100% efficient' thing that can randomly happen.

If we have too many farmers, I say move 1 farmer to carpentry to help bring that lumber in in time. Other than that, though, everything looks pretty good for this week.
>>
>>182043
Nope, its because you ran out of raw food to make into prepared meals, but your crew had the capacity to make more that week. You can either reassign men from the crew or have the crew do more than one task.
>>
>>182053
Ahh. I see. then it is as I said, lets move one over for now, since we don't have any raw meat.
>>
>>182009
Move one peasant from farming to Carpentry. Get the wood done faster.
>>
>>185177
this
>>
Report of the 2nd week of Spring

>Current Crew assignments
Carpentry: 1 Noble, 1 Peasant
Farming: 1 Peasant
Construction: 2 peasants, 1 Soldier
Mining: 1 Smithy (injured)

You continue construction on a Stone Granary (25wrk, ~1wks remaining). One of the peasants has become skilled at construction! Do you want to promote him to a skilled labor position? (N.B Doing so will change his profession from peasant to engineer; you may change anyone's profession back to peasant at any time, but not the other way around, i.e you can't switch back to engineer after switching to peasant. So choose wisely.)

You begin digging out another Farm (91wrk, ~4wks remaining)

You logged some trees
You obtain Lumber x4

The wounded smithy recovers from his injuries!

>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x1
>Lumber x10

>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Peasant x4
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are ecstatic!

It is the 3rd week of Summer. What will you do?
>>
>>185547
Is there something peasants can do that engineers/non-peasants can't? If not, upgrade that peasant, if yes, still do it. Do you already have a list of what bonuses each professional has and can you post it?
How does the "wrk" number in construction work? I guess each building has a number of wrk and each person in the crew adds a certain number, more for skill and for tools?
Does each farm have to be crewed by one peasant or are they working without human attention?
Also please use a username/trip.

>tasks:
Upgrade the construction-peasant to engineer, keep him in the construction crew. The recovered smith can continue mining. Somebody can go hunting (we need surplus food for more people), somebody else can keep logging (perhaps the carpentry-peasant so that he might become a carpenter over time if that's how it works).
We should always add another task to each crew so they won't be idle after they finish the first, like "after the farm start on a ..." (e.g. a wall first, we will soon also need a warehouse)
>>
>>185891
>Is there something peasants can do that engineers/non-peasants can't?
Yes, peasants get a bonus when on the Farming Crew
>Do you already have a list of what bonuses each professional has and can you post it?
Its pretty straightforward and it works as you might imagine. GM Secrets Each profession provides a bonus to a specific crew. The bonus is always the same: I use a higher dice to determine their rolls. Namely I go from a d20 to a d50, for unskilled->skilled. Providing tools to a crew gives a static +5 to the total roll (this can stack up to the number of total crew members in a crew, e.g giving 5 tools to a crew of 5 would be the maximum allowed and would give a bonus of +25 to the total roll). There are also things like morale (e.g the current ecstatic status gives a +5 to each [i]die[/i]). Finally, a skilled laborer working in his particular field of expertise has a (small) chance to become a "master". Masters are upgraded from d50 to d100 (among other bonuses, but I'll explain them when we get there)

>How does the "wrk" number in construction work? I guess each building has a number of wrk and each person in the crew adds a certain number, more for skill and for tools?
Pretty much. The number is simply the sum of the rolls
>Does each farm have to be crewed by one peasant or are they working without human attention?
Farms do not need to be crewed. I can give a list of things that farmers can do, but its easier if you guys just tell me what you want to do and the I give you the appropriate crew for that task. Farmers [i]can[/i] apply fertilizer (it works the same as any other construction project) but this requires livestock. Finally, Farmers are the ones that harvest crops.

>Also please use a username/trip.
Sure.
>We should always add another task to each crew so they won't be idle after they finish the first, like "after the farm start on a ..."
You can't do this. Instead, you can assign groups within a crew to different tasks and they will carry it out simultaneously. The reason for this limitation is just for the sake of simplicity and also to give some challenge in how you should adequately distribute your labor.

Update later today.
>>
>>185547
>We got an engineer
nice. I think we should probably keep that guy in construction for now then. No need to change it back.

>We have the wood we need
Excellent. Stock up the pelts and lumber for trading, and let's assign the injured smithy back to mining, while putting both workers from carpentry into hunting. We need food, at the moment and I think we can stand to miss out on lumber for one week to get a surplus of food.

If the trade isn't gonna happen naturally btw, go ahead and do that now.
>>
File: FQ_5.png (973KB, 2536x1424px) Image search: [Google]
FQ_5.png
973KB, 2536x1424px
Report for 2nd week of Summer

>Current Crew assignments
Animals/Hunting: 1 Noble, 1 Peasant
Farming: 1 Peasant
Construction: 1 Peasant, 1 Engineer, 1 Soldier
Mining: 1 Smithy

You finish construction on a Stone Granary! You caught the construction crew idling most of the time...

You continue digging out a farm (82wrk, ~4wks remaining)

You obtain Food (meat) x3
Your hunting of the local game population has increased the desperation of the area's predators...

You mine the hills for stone.
You obtain Stone x3
You discovered an ore vein! Your mining crew estimates that 8(/17) units of ore can be mined from this vein.

>Food (meat) x4
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x4
>Lumber x10

>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Engineer x1
>Peasant x3
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your mining crew grumbles about having to haul stone through a dense forest. Some of your men are complaining about having to share living quarters.

It is the 3rd week of Summer, what will you do?
>>
>>187551
Use some of that stone to start building some stone houses. Sound a warning to the hunting crew.
>>
>>187551
>Hunting has increased the predators desperation
Shit. Wait, do we have the proper tools to fish? Or are the tools we have only for the construction crew?

I have a suggestion, that we assign some guys to fish, from that huge lake, and consider setting up some defenses.

Is there any defensive structures we can build that aren't a huge undertaking? Maybe like an outpost to man at night, or something.

Either way, have our men prepare those meals for now.

>Hauling stone
That has to do with him lacking proper tools right? Maybe we can think about building a smithy or something now that we found ore...what does that require?

>Sharing living quarters.
They'll live. For now anyway.

Regardless, I think the crews should be split this way:
>Fishing: 2 Men (moved from animal hunting)
>Farming 1 Man (To prepare meals and tend to the farm as it comes in
>Construction: 2 Men (including the engineer, and let's start the outpost and houses as suggested here >>187990 That should keep those two occupied)
>Mining: 1 smithy
>Guard Duty/Patrol Duty: 1 Man (Maybe soldier is the best pick; I feel like this is more of a holding duty for now, if someone has a better suggestion to keep men from idling feel free. I'd like him to be exploring during the day, and guarding the home at night.)
>>
>>187551
Also I believe we are in auto sage mode.
Just in case you wonder why the thread disappears.
>>
>>187551
>complaining
We have a longhouse with space for 15 people, why are they complaining about living quarters? What can we do to help hauling stone, would clearing a path by selective logging help? If yes, put the peasant from hunting to do that.
Depending on the answer to the fishing question from >>189057 , take the noble from hunting to fishing
The construction crew should build a wall.
>>
>>187551
HAve construction crew build a wooden palisade to keep out dangerous animals and enemies.
>>
>>189057
>fishing tools
Tools can be given to any crew (except Military and Hunting/Animals, which uses Weapons instead) to increase productivity. Fishing falls under the Farming Crew.

>defensive structures
Wooden palisades as >>190122
mentioned are what you describe. You can also build a Tower, which the Military can use to give early warning for attacks.

>hauling stone
Actually it has more to do with this:>>189604
>clearing a path by selective logging
Namely, you need to build a road to the mine.

>building a smithy/processing ore
First you'll need to mine the ore. Then you'll need to smelt the ore into metal. Finally you can craft various things from the metal. The smithing crew can do all of these things. You'll also need lumber for fuel. You don't need any special equipment or buildings to process ore into metal. But having these things (in the form of Tools and a Smelter) will dramatically increase your metal per ore yield and reduce fuel costs. Ore veins are relatively rare, and they get rarer with time (as you exhaust the surface ore) so plan accordingly.

>>189604
Look at it again. They're not complaining about the living quarters, but having to share them. A longhouse is basically a dormitory.

>>189155
Yep. I'll Update in a few hours on a new thread.
>>
>>190296
Then the construction crew should build be split, the engineer builds a stone wall and the other two a road to the mine (hopefully getting some lumber while doing that).

Is digging out the farm done by the farming crew?
If yes, add the hunting peasant to the farming crew, the noble should fish. If no, both should fish.
Mining crew stays the same.
>>
New thread: >>190628
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.