[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Lich in an Unknown World - Thread I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

The Great War.

One of the most devastating conflicts in human history, the Dread Lord Tartarus invaded the mainland of Avarus, seeking retribution for his exile long ago and needed resources for his wicked army of undead and demi-humans.

The war dragged on long, as Tartarus’ armies devolves into lightning fast raiding parts if defeated, or grew in size on the backs of dead men through foul necromancy. When all seemed lost however, a hero appeared - Magnus Lionpaw, Spear of the Gods, and commander of the defenders of Avarus. He led a campaign to fight back against the Dread Lord, all the way back to the diseased and dying islands of the Dread Lord’s empire. It culminated in a final battle, the raid on the lich’s keep known forever as the Battle of Blackwater. Through struggle and sacrifice, 3 days later Magnus lay mortally wounded and the Dread Lord sealed in a tomb until a time after the world had surely ended.

Except, it didn't.
You are Tartarus, an immortal lich who was once sealed away but are now free. The world has progressed much since you last walked this earth - magic has disappeared almost altogether from disuse, replaced by new mystical technologies - trains, guns, machine tooling, mass manufacturing. It will be up to you to use all of your magic, however deteriorated, martial skill, and command capabilities to level the playing field and bring your empire back. Good luck.
>(⅓)
>>
Hi everyone, my name is CommissarQM. I hope to get along and have fun with all you lot. If you couldn't tell, this is a civilization management quest - you’ll start off with only yourself and one of your trusted lieutenants chosen in the next post, but through bargaining, raiding, and sneaking around you will create an undead army lead by characters shaped and grown through your choices. That isn't to say you won't be getting some major upgrades - you’ll need to consume powerful souls in order for your magic to grow back to its peak form, while still focusing on your end goal of conquering the world to make a safe haven for all races. Play how you want - take control from the shadows through puppet kings or go on an all-out crusade with the small populations of demi-humans remaining. It's up to you.

My Twitter is https://twitter.com/commissar_qm. This quest will run weekends when I can make, usually wrapping up a session in one thread.
>>
>>1629405
You awaken. A deathly chill falls over you, marking you as a necromancer. You break yourself free from your encrusted cavity and stand reaching, you search the floor for....
>Your Liber Necrotius and Amulet Rigor Mortis, the grimoire containing every single forbidden necromantic spell and a powerful amulet for casting Destroyer-class magic (path of the Sorceror)
>Your darmonically possessed scythe, a gift from the satanic were-pigs that served under you. Your skill with it is unmatched, cutting down all who stand against you (path of the Warrior)
>Your Obsidian Staff, marking you as the chosen ruler of all races that worship the Mad God Kltkylk. All who know it how before you, and those opposed to you grow increasingly mad and paranoid while near it (path of the King)
>>
>>1629405
>Your Liber Necrotius and Amulet Rigor Mortis, the grimoire containing every single forbidden necromantic spell and a powerful amulet for casting Destroyer-class magic (path of the Sorceror)
>>
>>1629424
>>Your darmonically possessed scythe, a gift from the satanic were-pigs that served under you. Your skill with it is unmatched, cutting down all who stand against you (path of the Warrior)
>>
>>1629424
>Your Obsidian Staff, marking you as the chosen ruler of all races that worship the Mad God Kltkylk. All who know it how before you, and those opposed to you grow increasingly mad and paranoid while near it (path of the King)
>>
>>1629424
>>
>>1629424
>>Your Liber Necrotius and Amulet Rigor Mortis, the grimoire containing every single forbidden necromantic spell and a powerful amulet for casting Destroyer-class magic (path of the Sorceror)
>>
>>1629424
>>Your Obsidian Staff, marking you as the chosen ruler of all races that worship the Mad God Kltkylk. All who know it how before you, and those opposed to you grow increasingly mad and paranoid while near it (path of the King)
>>
>>1629424
>>

In this strange new world of industry, we must reach into ancient magicks in order to gain an advantage that cannot be overridden. Everything else we can handle on our own.
>>
>>1629541
(Wait how does this work? The staff won the vote?)
>>
>>1629424
>>Your Obsidian Staff, marking you as the chosen ruler of all races that worship the Mad God Kltkylk. All who know it how before you, and those opposed to you grow increasingly mad and paranoid while near it (path of the King)
>>
>>1629570
OP has been gone for almost 2 hours by now.
You could probably still get your vote in.
>>
>>1629509
>>1629507
>>1629471
>>1629466
>The Obsidian Staff
If you still breathed you would have signed in relief when you felt the smooth surface of your most prized objects. You can feel the pulse of the god as you grasp it in your hand and stand shakily. Using the artifact as an impromptu cane, you move towards the other being trapped in stone in the ruins of your castle. Your eyes open as you realize what you thought was one figure was actually two - on one side, your hated nephew Lionpaw. Opposing him however was your only commander you allowed to stay with you during the siege:
>Bradford, commander of your living forces. Made immortal by your magic, he swore to serve you after you saved his village from crusaders. He's a knight of the highest order, and your guardian for eternity, even if it means disobeying your orders.
>Morgan, a sorceress and seductress that was your apprentice. She showed a great aptitude for the dark arts, so you slew her slave master and rescued her and dozens of other slaves. She is headstrong but a quick study, and flexible in her skills.
>The Silent One, a half-demon called to you by the Obsidian Staff. Existing only partially within this plane, he is an excellent scout but is prone to unpredictability and is insane, as are all servants of Kltkylk.
>>
>>1629570
>>1629579
Sorry, dropping my niece off at a party for my brother took a while. I should have mentioned it was 1st to 4/most votes at the end of 2 hours. My bad. Should also note that when I call for rolls, only the first 3 are taken. Only exception are Crits (1s and 100s), which are used anyway.
>>
>>1629424
>>Your Liber Necrotius and Amulet Rigor Mortis, the grimoire containing every single forbidden necromantic spell and a powerful amulet for casting Destroyer-class magic (path of the Sorceror)
>>
>>1629597
>The Silent One, a half-demon called to you by the Obsidian Staff. Existing only partially within this plane, he is an excellent scout but is prone to unpredictability and is insane, as are all servants of Kltkylk.
>>
>>1629597
>Bradford

never underestimate the power of true loyalty, and we need a human face. the seductress might be nice but our guardian is the face of a nation
>>
>>1629597
>>Bradford, commander of your living forces. Made immortal by your magic, he swore to serve you after you saved his village from crusaders. He's a knight of the highest order, and your guardian for eternity, even if it means disobeying your orders.
>>
>>1629597
>>Morgan, a sorceress and seductress that was your apprentice. She showed a great aptitude for the dark arts, so you slew her slave master and rescued her and dozens of other slaves. She is headstrong but a quick study, and flexible in her skills.
>>
>>1629597
>>
>>1629597
>>
>>1629597
>>>Morgan, a sorceress and seductress that was your apprentice. She showed a great aptitude for the dark arts, so you slew her slave master and rescued her and dozens of other slaves. She is headstrong but a quick study, and flexible in her skills.

the only one not explicitly stated to at some point disobey us or go coo coo for coco puffs
>>
>>1629597
>>Bradford, commander of your living forces. Made immortal by your magic, he swore to serve you after you saved his village from crusaders. He's a knight of the highest order, and your guardian for eternity, even if it means disobeying your orders.
>>1629636
A loyal face is good.

>>1629811
Only problem is that she's stated to be headstrong, which I suppose means it's more difficult to rein her in.
>>
>>1629597
>Morgan
>>
>>1629597
>Morgan, a sorceress and seductress that was your apprentice. She showed a great aptitude for the dark arts, so you slew her slave master and rescued her and dozens of other slaves. She is headstrong but a quick study, and flexible in her skills.
>>
>>1629902
>>1629900
>>1629811
>>1629655
Morgan was the first to 4, vote closed.
>>
>>1629930
Thank you.
>Writing.
>>
File: tegaki.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
12KB, 400x400px
>>1629405
>I go to NY and jerk off as much as i can, so i flood streets and kill every 1
>>
File: guRJ7Cs.jpg (740KB, 1800x2700px) Image search: [Google]
guRJ7Cs.jpg
740KB, 1800x2700px
>>1629937
You, fuck off. I ain't dealing with your fucking shitposting.

>>1629933
>Morgan
You run your hand over the stone that keeps the seeking spell in place. Using your own magic, however weak, you find the locking runes and carefully release them - bringing her to the present too fast could drive her mad. After a good amount of time, she falls into your hands at last, weak but soul and mind intact. "Physio" you whisper in the language of magic, giving both yourself and the young apprentice a strength boost for the time being. She says no words, already being brought to speed by her mental connection to you, part of the master-apprentice relationship.

Moving through the ruins of the castle, anything that could have been useful must have been ransacked or rotted away. Looking from the keep's tallest point, you see a small village nearby, though no people, as well as a strange smoke aways off like a great fire. If you wish, you could also search your reliquaries for an object of use.
>Go to the village
>Investigate the strange fire
>Check and see if anything was left behind
>>
>>1630087
>>Check and see if anything was left behind
we gotta have some goodies hidden away somewhere.

caption nemona toilets. check the bathroom
>>
>>1630087
check for goodies, then go to the village. I assume we either had them as followers, are a local nightmare legend or we can turn them into option one
>>
>>1630087
First off, we check for any artefacts we could use - anything we could use to boost or focus our power is nothing but a boon at the moment. After our search, we check out the fire. Odds are there are already people there - either firefighters and resultant observers or some kind of social gathering.
>>
>>1630175
>>1630206
>>1630154
>Consensus seems to search the joint, but what do you want to do after - check out the fire or go see what's going on with the village?
>>
>>1630456
Village
>>
>>1630456
Fire
>>
>>1630456
Voting fire here
>>
>>1630456
Fire
>>
>>1630479
>>1630550
>>1630556
>>1630456
>Search the reliquary, then check out that fire.
You twist the broken arm on a knight in a far-off corner in the castle, hoping it's mechanism hasn't eroded.
(Rolled a 78 - great)
You make an attempt to smile when you see the contents of the vault: a set of 5 Iron Sacrophagi. These necromantically imbued vessels were extremely rare because they required the death of a master Sorceror - Bradford must have hidden them here during the siege. Fueled by corpses, they're necromantic factories that do not require magic and can easily harvest souls by the dozen. Unfortunately neither you nor Morgan can move them in your weakened states.
(Requires Telekinetic magic Lvl 2, current highest level: 0)

>The fire
Roll me a D100 to see how your journey downhill goes. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>1631274
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>1631274
>Roll me a D100 to see how your journey downhill goes. Best of 3.
>>
>>1631274
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1631274
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>1631274
>>
>>1631294
>78 - great
As you half-slide half-walk down the rugged incline you hear several miniature explosions, and screams that were both human-like yet animalistic. Finally, you come upon a young minotaurus, bleeding from a gaping wound in his side. His kind served you before you were sealed, but you thought they were bigger. He's dying, no doubt about that, but maybe you can find out what's going on. At the sight of you he tries to turn but curls inward from pain. "Great Shadow...beware...the humans..." he can't seem to get out a full sentence, but Great Shadow was the name the Taurus tribes had for you. These are most definitely their descendants, so they will listen to you.
But first, you"ll have to save them.

After staying with the half-bull for his death, you approach the source of the fire. A group of about 30 humans are gathered around the blaze, holding long wooden staffs. Others are piling more minotaurus on the bonfire, a funeral pure. You can see other taurus sneaking, hiding in the shadows. These are cretotaurs, judging by their cream-skin and lithe forms. 20 or so in number, the most decorated nods their head at you once - they came to fight, and they will serve you.

>In combat you have an personal action and a command action. An example of a personal action would be casting one of your spells, then using your command to tell the cretotaurs to ambush those taking corpses to the fire.
>As Tartarus, you can attack in melee with Obsidian Staff or cast either Raise Thrall raising up to 5 nearby corpses for a short time or Rip Soul, instantly killing a target you're in melee with and giving you a soul you can use to upgrade yourself.
>As Morgan she can attack with her bare hands or cast Seduce, a basic taunt only working on humans, and Dark Shroud, concealing her from view.
>The cretotaurs can attack the humans directly, though they are best suited for hit and run tactics and ambushes.
>As targets you can choose the humans guarding the fire, the ones bringing bodies, or attack those leaving for the cretotaur village.
>Feel free to ask any questions, let me take a shower.
>>
>>1631713
Fuck, here's the image.
>>
>>1631713
>>1631720
And back. Your options are:
>Charge in or cast a spell with Tartarus (Raise Thrall or Soul Rip)
>Cast a spell with Morgan (Dark Shroud or Seduction)
>Attack with the cretotaurs or hold back. If they do attack, write in how.
>>
>>1631841
>Charge in or cast a spell with Tartarus (Raise Thrall)
>>
>>1631959
That's one action, what will Morgan y
the cretotaurs do?
>>
>>1631841
>Soul Rip
>Dark Shroud
>hold back for now
>>
>>1631713
>A group of about 30 humans are gathered around the blaze, holding long wooden staffs.
Did these humans just form a mob and beat up the minotaurs with their staffs?
>>
>>1631841
>>1631959
>>Charge in or cast a spell with Tartarus (Raise Thrall)
>>1632001
>>Dark Shroud
>hold back for now
Set up a distraction for the others.
>>
>>1632105
>>1632001
>>1631959
Feed me 2D100s, 3 tries.
>>
Rolled 57, 40 = 97 (2d100)

>>1632468
As you wish, milord.
>>
Rolled 96, 58 = 154 (2d100)

>>1632468
I am simple man. I see dice, I roll
>>
Rolled 72, 12 = 84 (2d100)

>>1632468
>>
>>1632482
>Soul Rip - 96 + 10 = 106 - ALL YOUR SOUL BELONG TO US
The black ball of necromantic energy forms in your hands, and with an effortless flick it begins its murdering spree. With all the noise of an arrow, the dark bolt tips through each soldier, taking with it the wisps of their souls. It takes an inordinate amount of will to force the hungry magical cantrip to return to you, leaving 3 of the soldiers alive for questioning.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Gz7MeSbF4

You take the souls and dissolve them into raw power - you can use them to augment your party later.
(Current upgrades available - 3)

>Dark Shroud - 40 - Did it get foggy in here?
A dark cloud descends on the area, blocking out the sun partially but still giving partial, if hazy, vision to those within.

>The remaining soldiers are now on edge, and they're moving through the woods. This will be your last chance to ambush them. Declare your actions.
>>
>>1632674
Is anyone here?
>>
>>1640125
no
>>
>>1632674
Raise Thrall and pursue
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1640133
>Raise Thrall
You levitate downwards, passing by the burning pile of bodies in the center of the plateau - their skeletons would be too brittle without magical reinforcement, a weakness in your magic. The soldiers however, they are perfect - trained all their lives so their muscles won't freeze easily and with minimal damage thanks to your Soul Rip. You raise the odd 13 corpses as a single group under your command, taking up one of five thrall slots.
>Will you also raise the burning skeletons, taking up another 2 thrall slots? There are about 35 in the pile, which would bring your forces to a total of about 70.

>Pursue
Opposed D100(+10 for Cretotaur attack bonus) to see if you can catch them before other groups of soldiers find out.
>>
>>1649449
>Rolled 100 (1d100)
welp
>>
>>1649523
>I fucking hate having a dynamic IP. I got banned three times this week. THREE TIMES!

You can still attempt it, you just need a 90+. You can force me to refill it, but that's once per thread.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.