[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both of Men, Magic and Machinery:Genesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0822.jpg (134KB, 620x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0822.jpg
134KB, 620x448px
"Good Morning... Uh... There appears to be no identification on you... You mind introducing yourself?" A man in a lab coat asks.

Your vision was blurred, and so was your memories. You tried to remember who you were, but all that's left in your mind was the stuff they taught at any ordinary school. At least, you think you were taught at an ordinary school.

"C'mon kiddy! I don't have all day! Think of this as if you were introducing yourself to a nice girl." He snaps.

Yeesh. At this point, your 20 year old self tells you that it doesn't matter what you tell him. So, you decide that you are Drake Gibson, some guy who worked somewhere before being thrown into this facility for SCIENCE! Or something.

"Unenthusiastic, I see. Well, if you will follow me to the operation chambers..." He responds, with his attitude changing.

Everything that happened after could only be remembered in messy fragments. One moment a memory would be about some kind of painful surgery applied to someplace, when the next would weirdly cut to (what one would describe as) a low budget attempt at making an occult scene in horror movies.

These fleeting moments have then lead up to now: You standing in the middle of a ruined town, with a vague memory of being shot at with a companion.

GOOD MORNING DRAKE

Shit, that voice startled you. Now, I know what you're thinking. You aren't possessed. Well, technically you aren't. Oh and, yes, I am another voice in your head.

Let me explain myself first, and then I'll help you on your quest. Deal?

>Respond with yes or no
>>
Well, I'll just let you decide for yourself for a bit. I mean, suddenly being interrupted by a loud mechanical voice in your head as another voice narrates parts of your life can be a bit startling. I'll just wait here as you collect yourself...
>>
>>1627786
yes
>>
File: IMG_0828.jpg (12KB, 267x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0828.jpg
12KB, 267x300px
I guess I'll take your silence for a yes...

Remember that memory of a poorly made occult moment. Well, it just so happens to be that I was summoned from it to help assist in your survival. After all, someone with past experiences with magic will come in handy.

Oh right, I forgot to tell you that you can do magic. Well, you sorta can. You see, before you can do amazing stuff like setting stuff on fire,you have to first come in contact with and "absorb" the ability from an object that currently has the ability. This means you can't kill a genius to obtain a genius mind.

Here, let me make a "physical form" to show you how to absorb abilities.

Oh right, you've never seen a shadow person before. Well, pardon my appearance and follow me to this conveniently surviving container of live electric eel.

All you have to do is grab one, and the ability to generate energy will be yours.

>...

What do you mean you don't wanna hurt yourself? Look, the world went to shit, you don't remember much, and all you've got that could become of use is out of battery juice. If you wanna live, just grab that fish and you'll be fine.

>...

See? That wasn't so bad. Now you've gained:
Electro Immunity LVL 1
Energetic LVL 0.5

Now you can survive anything mildly "shocking" for now. Oh right, that other voice. You should probably absorb some more power from the fish.

>...

Ok, your "Energetic" skill has leveled up to 1.5. This means you have enough energy to power up your implants. That other voice in your mind just so happens to be another implant that unfortunately drained the battery earlier. Here, I'll let you listen to his spiel.

GOOD MORNING DRAKE. I CAN SEE THAT YOU'VE ALREADY ACQUAINTED YOURSELF WITH THE SHADOW PERSON. ITS BEEN 2 YEARS SINCE HUMANITY FELL. YOU ARE NOW 22, WITH SOME SKILL IN ABSORPTION. UNFORTUNATELY, YOU LACK THE NECESSARY POWER TO USE ANY OTHER IMPLANT. LUCKILY, AS AN AI, I CAN INFOR YOU OF ANYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MACHINERY OR "POSSESS" OTHER MACHINES WHEN NEED BE. UNFORTUNATELY, MY MEMORY IS ALSO DAMAGED. YOU WILL HAVE TO RELY ON THE SHADOW PERSON'S ADVICE FOR NOW.

Hey! What's wrong with my advice? And I do have a name good sir!

Sigh*

Alright, you can call me Dave for now. My real name is really old and hard to pronounce for people from your time. As a shadow person who has partial ownership over your body, my job is to watch over you for our mutual benefit. Now, since you can consider me as a ghost, I bet you wonder why I mean you no harm. The simple explanation is that you've done nothing wrong in my opinion yet.

I'm a pretty chill guy, so as long as what you do is reasonable and in the name of survival, we should do fine.

>Oh ok.

There we go! Your first words already! Anyway, back to survival. That companion I mentioned earlier has ran off to a town nearby, but I'd recommend you gather some gear and gain a few abilities.
>>
>>1629614
>>1629672
Whoops. Anyway, what do you wanna do now?
>Spend the day learning and looting
>Seek shelter immediately
>Spend the day looting, learning and leaving (makes half as much progress on both of these tasks)
>>
OP, this sounded like a much better idea in your head than what you actually are presenting here.

Your first post failed to attract anything but a very late pity vote.
The mood you tried to evoke fell utterly flat and your first request for player input was in fact so irrelevant you chose to forge onward even without any.

The "quirky" interaction between the two voices in the protag's head also fell flat.
All we know is that the protagonist here is some Joe Everybody whose body and mind have been screwed with. And he's such a blank slate to be utterly irrelevant so far: Not one of us casual observers gives a damn about him. No curiosity at all about any of the possibilities you no doubt have in store for us.

I see your writing so far and there is just a swirling void very reminiscent of a toilet drain before my eyes.
>>
>>1632360
Ok then. I'll let it die like planned. It felt like shit to myself anyway.

But before I go, is anyone willing to rip the idea of an experimental being with both magic and machinery at their disposal? I really want to see that...
>>
File: 1465931710337.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1465931710337.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>1632360
Savage.
>>
>>1632360
Jesus fucking christ mate. Have some mercy with the guy.
>>
>>1633354
Mercy is for the meek.
>>
>>1633354
No.
>>
File: 1424352502285.jpg (144KB, 663x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1424352502285.jpg
144KB, 663x1600px
Oh.
Ok.
>>
I return only to see beauty birthed from my absence.

Amazing
>>
>>1632360
Holy shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.