[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blazing Blade: a Soulsborne-style quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0997.png (288KB, 348x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0997.png
288KB, 348x524px
You awaken...

You look down, and then up, and then around. Your skin is claimed by an unearthly pallor, shining like a slug's trailings, a mop of greasy, stringy hair splayed about around your head. Your body is in an immense amount of pain, and your memories fail you, but after several minutes you stir up enough resolve within you to ignore the pain, stand up, and look around.

You are dressed in a simple rag of a loincloth, providing you with some modesty, although you can tell from the sensation that you are very male. Your skin is bluish-green and the smell of embalming fluid surrounds you. Despite your corpse-like countenance, you retain perfect usage of all of your senses. Your nails are just slightly longer than the tips of your fingers, undersides choked with dirt and blood, and your feet are in a similar condition.

A small puddle lies in the corner of the chamber you awoke inside, with a steady drip from the ceiling causing it to slowly and unceremoniously expand. You look at yourself with as much light as you can muster through minuscule cracks in the walls and ceiling - your expression is gaunt and your hair is as thin as it feels, bleached white as if laid out in the sun for months. The floor is constructed of hard stone slabs, irregular, with hardened mortar sealing in the cracks. Your ears and eyes adjust to the room, which looks to be a cell in a prison, or dungeon of some sort. The cell door is wide open and bent outward slightly as if it was pried out, rather than opened normally, and a corpse in leather armor clutches a rusted, chipped blade to their chest.

>What do you do?
>>
Welcome to the first thread of hopefully many, of the quest Blazing Blade. Defeat monstrosities, woo princesses (or princes), negotiate with terrorists, be assailed by homunuculi, and kick back to enjoy this dark fantasy experience.

Death is no worry.

Rules will be coming shortly, once I am no longer on mobile.
>>
>>1624048
Neat

>>1624036
>very deliberately step outside the cell without touching the bars so as for them bot to creak. Then pry the sword off the corpses hands, stripping it in quick succession afterwards.
>>
The rules for Blazing Blade are relatively simple and should be familiar for anyone who has played quests before. During occasions where there is no conflict, you can perform any action without issue. When you come into conflict with anything, whether that be a person you're trying to stab, or a door you have to break down, or a princess to be schmoozed, every reader may perform 1 action and roll 1d20. The opposition, if it exists, will roll as many d20 back to defend against your actions. Inanimate objects have instead a set difficulty, so people must roll over that.

When opposition retaliates, they perform a pre-defined number of actions per turn with a pre-defined number of dice. For example, a 2A2D zombie will swipe with their claws for 1d20, and bite you for 1d20. The amount of dice an enemy rolls is the maximum number of dice that can be spent defensively reacting, so if they roll for a 1 dice action, only the first response to contain a roll will be accepted.

Of course, like any good RPGs, there will be levels and upgrades, and using equipment will alter your rolls accordingly. Best of luck.
>>
>>1624052
You very carefully pry the sword from the hands of the corpse - it's malshaped and rusted heavily, and barely carries an edge, but it's a heavy metal object that can be used to strike things. The corpse does not react, which you suppose is for the better, and you remain as quiet as possible as you strip the dusty, insect-eaten leather armor from the corpse and place it on yourself. A small chest piece and a kilt of some kind, but at least you feel marginally safer.

Rusted Short Sword - Hits for 2 Striking Damage, +1 on striking related rolls. Equipped
Degraded Leather Armor - Protects against 1 Striking Damage per combat. Equipped
HP: 5/5

You look around - the rest of the dungeon that you can see is constructed similarly to the cell, or at least out of a similar organization of materials. The sound of howling wind alerts you to an immense thunderstorm raging outside, orange torchlight only dimly illuminating the dank halls and crevasses. You see, off in the distance, a diminutive, shriveled looking body, in a similar state of undress as you were moments ago, pacing back and forth restlessly. It's eyes shine with blue-green light, and liquid cascades off its skin from a crack in the cieling, which it does not seem to mind as it paces in circles, blocking the only way forward from your field of view.

>Action?
>>
File: IMG_0998.jpg (54KB, 800x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0998.jpg
54KB, 800x237px
>>1624247
Aaaaand here's the picture I forgot to add. Except for rules posts and rolling, I will try to have a picture for every single update in this quest.
>>
>>1624247
Post options mate. Biggest pitfall is making the players think for themselves 100%

That being said,
>Approach the man. Perhaps he knows more than you do.

Oh by any chance, are you the very same Richard who posts regularly in Civ games? You're writing is pretty damn good btw.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1624247
>go back to our cell and pry one of the bars off the mangled door. Then search the other nearby cells for anything of worth.

Rolling a strength check for prying the bar off.
>>
>>1624278
>You're
I'm a fucking moron.
>>
>>1624278
>corpse with glowing eyes waking around in circles probably knows more than us

Suuuuuuuuure.
>>
>>1624294
He seems capable willing individual. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>1624318
I dunno. Every corpse in sight comes to life and drags us into hell. Ya never know.
>>
>>1624278
[i]You're right, how could I have forgotten.[/i]
>>1624283
[i]At your current level of strength, prying rusted iron from a door would require a natural 20.[/i]

You attempt to pry the iron out from the door, but accomplish little more than almost hurting yourself. Thankfully, your attempt does not seem to make any noise that could potentially alert any mysterious assailants to your presence, if they even are there to be alerted.

>>1624278
Yes, I am. If I recall correctly, I was the first one to write a Civilization Evo thread, ever, or at least on /qst/.

You approach the shambling, disheveled man, and he turns once you get close enough, facing you with his mouth agape. You can tell from the anatomy that they are likely male, but it doesn't seem to matter too much. His mouth is wide open and a wispy line of malcolored drool drips from his lips, splattering on the floor. He begins to approach you.

[blue]"Oi, mate, do you know where we are?"[/blue] you ask, raising your sword to catch their attention.

[green]"Ghhhhhhhh-haaaaaaaah..."[/green] they dimly hiss in response.
>>
>>1624359
(Shit, do you mean to tell me formatting won't work unless I type on my phone? Fuck that.)
>>
File: zombie_by_targete-d4ju18m.jpg (100KB, 900x866px) Image search: [Google]
zombie_by_targete-d4ju18m.jpg
100KB, 900x866px
>>1624359
The other man continues to groan and hiss at you, taking one shambling step forward, and then another. His nails are overgrown and sharp, and his teeth look like they're about to fall out of his head.

>Continue attempting to converse with the grimy man.
>Stab him through the chest (Roll)
>Try to move past him (Roll)
>Write-in
>>
>>1624400
>Continue attempting to converse with the grimy man.
I say old chap I cant quite unterstand you. *proceed to utter many growels and use much body language*
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1624458
Ill roll just in case.
>>
>>1624492
God I fuckin suck
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1624492
Rolling for the man's response.
>>
>>1624543
Fun
>>
File: praying.jpg (149KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
praying.jpg
149KB, 500x500px
>>1624543
>>1624492
You attempt to converse with the ornery man, only to realize too late as he attempts to swipe at your face that he has no intentions of playing nice. His nail catches at your nose, and it is only by the graces of some higher being that you avoid being hurt by a deeper wound - despite the apparent years of growth, the nail looks sharpened to a fine point, and if not for the fact that it snapped on your skin, it probably would've cut a nice gash in your face.

>Rusty sword to the chest! (Roll)
>Kick him down and then try to run past him.
>Write-in
>>
>>1624759
(Whoops, kicking him also requires a roll.)
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1624759
>dear old chap! Settle down or ill have to call the authorities!
Rolling for road runner esc cartoon cycle running.
>>
>>1624036
>>1624370
Only the OP, which I assume means the same ID, can use the formatting options. I'm guessing your phone doesn't count as the same ID.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.