[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hoplite Quest #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Character sheet: https://pastebin.com/V7NkC6gY
Last thread:>>1604476
This is the second part of the Hoplite quest.
You, Xyphos and your party composed of Pirios and Iris have infiltrated the camp of a threatening tribe.
You have decided to sneak past the guard that was walking around, so you need to roll a d20 + your teams total dex (7)
>>
Rolled 16 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>1623978
>>
>>1624112
Success.
Your team sneaks past the guard, his senses worse because he was sleepy.
You walk through the village unseen, reaching the building that seems to be their barracks.
The building is buzzing with life, it seems that they are planning something.
What will you do?
Also swapping to a new EXP system, gonna sum up the EXP you earned from previous encounters in a sec.
>>
>>1624112
Pirios has leveled up!
You have 2 stat points to spend!
These skills are avaiable:
>Nightstalk: Big bonus to sneaking during night, penalty to sneaking during day, replaces current stealth ability
>Shadowstrike 4/day: The foe is attacked with the users shadow, causing little to no damage but leaving the enemy confused(used alongside another action, if the roll for that action was over 15 then the enemy will be confused until the end of the next turn
>Toxic blades:If an attack roll was 20 or more then the attacked enemy will be poisoned(poisoned enemies take half of the users DEX as damage at the end of each turn until they die/get healed)
>>
>>1624346
>Shadowstrike 4/day: The foe is attacked with the users shadow, causing little to no damage but leaving the enemy confused(used alongside another action, if the roll for that action was over 15 then the enemy will be confused until the end of the next turn
>Toxic blades:If an attack roll was 20 or more then the attacked enemy will be poisoned(poisoned enemies take half of the users DEX as damage at the end of each turn until they die/get healed)
>>
>>1624372
I meant like stat points for stats, you pick one ability
>>
>>1624385
Oh then il pick
Shadowstrike

Both in dex?
>>
>>1624372
One strength and one dex
Shadowstrike
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1624690
>>1625216
Rolling to see which one do we take.
So, what will you do?
>>
>>1624180
Spy on them for a bit, see if we can uncover anything important. That fails or if nothing good is overheard then start picking them off one by one
>>
>>1628742
You walk closer to the building and try to hear what are they saying, but your efforts are fruitless - The voices are muffled and sound as if they were coming from a distance, there must be a protection spell inside the building.
You wait for someone to come out of the building, and soon he does: a warrior in full armor, nervous, but not because of you - he didn't notice you!
Roll a d20 + who will attack

It also would be nice if we set some hours in which we play, that would really give the quest some nice tempo - suggestions?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1629093
well when are you able to post?
base it around that and mybe use twitter the let us know

>>1629093
lets go with everyone
Shadowstrike
to stun
big guy grabs him in to the dark ally?
and we ask some Qs
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1629645
this
>>
>>1629818
>>1629645
7+6=13 - 2 due to low rolls.
Success
You signalize to Pirios that he should use his new ability on the guard, and so he does, hitting him in his head. The damage was insufficient to confuse him, but he got distracted and started looking for whatever has hit him.
You use that moment of distraction and grab him by his throat so he won't scream, successfuly silencing him. You bang the guard on his head until he is stunned, then you drag him somewhere where Tribesmen won't find you.
What will be your first question?

As for hours: I have much time from 15 to 17 NYC Time, can play earlier up to 12 NYC Time, but nothing more.
I can try using Twitter, never really used it (No one uses it in Poland), but I'll learn :)
>>
>>1631571
Also since we have 2 of you rolling we will have to choose a rolling system, so I have 2 propositions:
>Multiroll: Both rolls count but enemies have bonuses to all rolls
>Standard: One roll counts (chosen randomly) enemies have normal rolls (we will be using this system if a third person joins)
>>
I'MMMM ALLLLIVEEEEEEEEE (and have a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Daily_bananas)!
>>
>>1631571
>>Standard: One roll counts (chosen randomly) enemies have normal rolls (we will be using this system if a third person joins)

Ask him what big plans everyone in the camp is preparing for. find out happening
>>
>>1635051
You approach the guard who is lying on the ground and start asking him questions.
-So, buddy, can you tell me what your friends are up to?
The guards looks at you with mixed feelings of fear and anger, and shakes his head.
-You know, this could have went much better... - You said as you hit him with your fist.
Bang.
Bang.
Bang.
-I'll speak, just stop! Our leader needs the blood of heroes, thats why he's preparing to attack your camp! - He said, and seeing that you are about to hit him again, covered his face and said:
-Please spare my life, I will tell you anything, just spare me! - This man is a huge coward.
The muffled noise from the tent grows stronger.
What will you ask him?
>>
>>1635179
Only thing i can think to ask is when the leader is alone or with very few people so we can assassinate him
>>
>>1636247
The warrior was on the ground, shaking uncontrolably, so you kicked him and asked a question
"Hey, can you tell me when will your leader be alone?"
"L-l-leader? I can't! If I do so, he will kill me!"
This has infuriated you - he dares refuse answering your question?!
"Oh, that's a shame, but do you know that I can do it faster -you said as you thrusted your spear into his knee -... and more painfully"
He tried to scream, but was quickly silenced by your shoe landing in his mouth.
When he calmed down you to asked him the same question as before. His breath was fast, his face twisted in a grimace - it was obvious that he was very suffering, but he managed to give you the answer "He's alone in the big tent"
"See? It's so much better when you cooperate! " You said ironically.
"And now - do I spare or kill you? "
His eyes widened with fear, he started whispering "spare, spare, spare... "
What will you do, where will you go?
>>
>>1637726
kiil him and sneak to the big tent
>>
>>1638923
You lift your spear up and say "Nah, I don't like traitors". The spear falls down and goes through the warriors head, killing him in an instant
Xyphos earned 40 EXP
Because of your sadism morale drop by one, current morale: 0.
You and your team sneak past the barracks and head for the biggest tent you see.
It's not really outstanding, just a standard tent made from brown material, the only thing that made it different was a dragon crest over the main entrance.
You enter the tent, and see that it's empty, there's only an altar and a Kobold kneeling before it - he must be their leader.
You come closer but he didn't move, not even when you were standing right behind him, what will you do? (if attack then roll a d20+Attack's benefiting stat)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1640052
kill him
>>
File: aDE8fC2.jpg (44KB, 500x724px) Image search: [Google]
aDE8fC2.jpg
44KB, 500x724px
>>1640112
All three of you rush the Kobold with your weapons, but when you attack all of them bounce off his skin, not even scratching him.
This was very surprising because he wasn't wearing any armor, but you understood what happened when he got up - a layer of ice has fallen off his skin.
He was very tall for a kobold, his posture almost human-like, anger in his eyes and great energy beating from his person.
"You thought that a mere beating would kill me? Fools" His voice was like the flow of a cold river. "But I must admit, you manage to get inside my camp, that's almost impressing, such a shame you won't live long enough to brag about it"
The kobold picked up his staff and orb and said one world in the dragon language, causing the temperature to drop by few degrees.
It seems no one noticed what was going on, you're gonna be fighting only their leader.
Battle Strat?
>>
>>1640159
Also roll 3d20 for their actions
>>
Rolled 14, 17, 10 = 41 (3d20)

>>1640159
have the hoplite shieldbash the kobold while our spellblade and assassin get behind the kobold and lay into him
>>
>>1643493
You don't have shieldbash ability, so I will just swap it to the closest thing you can do.
You look at the kobold and quietly say to your team "I'll distract him, you try to take him out from behind. "
You scream and rush the kobold with all your power, but he remains stoic and lifts his staff up, casting a spell.
You are almost there, ready to hit him, but he casts a spell, causing a rain of small ice shards to fall on you.
Xyphos took 2 dmg
Hp remaining 20/25
While it might have been a distraction you manage to kick him, causing him to stagger.
Pirios and Iris were waiting for this moment, slashing the kobold with their weapons, but doing suprisingly little damage as kobold's skin was rock-hard.
Iris dealt 5 dmg!
Pirios dealt 4 dmg!
Kobold's hp: 111/120.
The Kobold stood up, angry.
"You dare to hit me?! " He said as 3 big shards of ice formed before him.
"I can defeat you without even touching you myself! "
The ice was dancing and diving around, trying to cut you.
What will you do?
>>
>>1644764
smash the shards and block while the other two use spark of helios and shadowstrike
>>
Rolled 1, 17, 7 = 25 (3d20)

>>1646431
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.