[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WormQuest - 0.1 - Genesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

The last thing you remember is looking at the reflection of the city's light on the river as the car advanced lazily on the bridge towards the city. But now? It's obvious you're not in the car anymore.

You seem to have awakened on what appears to be a very small hospital room. Nothing expensive either, a chair and a door are the only things inside other than the bed you're lying on, your wrists and ankles have been tied to the bed with heavy duty manacles, the kind you've only seen in movies about villainous parahumans being brought to justice. This isn't you though, you're pretty sure of it. You're a normal person, right? You're pretty sure it's true. Your head's foggy right now, but you don't seem to recall having powers before, even if you've certainly daydreamed about that! You struggle with the bindings a bit, the metal chain the manacles are connected to clacking and scraping against the sides of your bed, making a loud noise that's sure to draw a lot of attention.

Before you can even react, you hear a rush of footsteps right outside the door and then loud, hushed whispering. The door opens and in walks a nurse and a doctor who immediately start checking your vitals and the numerous machines you're hooked up to. But with them come two other persons, a blonde woman dressed in an outfit that screams lawyer or cop, a full three piece suit that manages to be flattering to her image without being indecent and her long hair tied up in a bun behind her head, she's tapping at the screen of a tablet on her right hand. She stops to look up, gives you a polite smile followed by a nod and promptly goes back to taping.

A few paces behind her is a massive man. You would've penned him for an athlete, with his bulging biceps and 6'7" height, but the skintight white costume he's wearing and the way his eyes seem to be burning with a bright white light from the inside of his head are enough to reveal he's not a random athlete who's lost his way. He's a Parahuman too; a superhero, you remember him as you had a few figurines of him when you were a child.

"Hello there." Speaks the blond woman, her voice is surprisingly deeper than expected. Coarse too. Probably a smoker, or maybe she has been smoking non stop. "We're very sorry for the..." Her eyes move down towards your restraints. "Current situation. I'm sure you're scared and confused, these are just safety measures. Just like Luminus' presence." She explains, stretching a hand towards the superhero.

He gives a curt nod.

"So, do you remember anything about today's... incident?"
>>
File: tumblr_njb4inQZFg1u90r5co1_1280.jpg (141KB, 540x974px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njb4inQZFg1u90r5co1_1280.jpg
141KB, 540x974px
>>1619288
You shake your head, no. You know nothing about the incident.

She nods, tapping at the tablet again, probably introducing that information to whatever database he's accessing.

"A horrible thing, really. We're not entirely sure what happened ourselves; the whole bridge collapsed in matter of seconds. We're still fishing victims out of the wreck. " You nod, aware of how she had avoided talking about a death toll. Before you can bring it up, the superhero speaks.

"Do you know who you are? Do you remember what you were doing or who was with you? We didn't find any form of ID on you when we found you. We'd like to know if anyone out there is looking for you..."

You clear your throat as all the faces turn to look at you, your mouth suddenly feels too dry. "I'm...

[1] David Ruiz. You're 18, just graduated HS. You were with my parents, your father was driving you home. You were going back from your latest rehab session at the local clinic; you've been playing football for some time now but a car accident broke your foot and ankle and the doctors told you you wouldn't be able to play anymore.

[2] Amy Matthews. You're 15. You were on the bus with you older sister, she had just taken you shopping as a way of getting away from the drama at home with your parents divorcing.

[3] Conrad Holzknecht. 34. You're a photographer, trying to get a good picture of the sunset. Your partner has been sick with a debilitating, genetic disease that has kept them locked in your room, needing constant care to stay alive. They've always loved sunsets.

[4] Claudia Maki. 24. As a model, you're used to dealing with people's bullshit. You've been dealing with them your whole life. Your mother pushed you on this line of work, your manager pushes you to lose weight. You're tired of it and decided to end things, that's why you were on the bridge's ledge.

[5] You... don't remember your name. You don't remember anything about yourself. You have a weird tattoo of a C on the back of your hand. (Write in age and gender.)
>>
>>1619291
[5] You... don't remember your name. You don't remember anything about yourself. You have a weird tattoo of a C on the back of your hand
Age 15 Gender Female
>>
>>1619291
>[3] Conrad Holzknecht. 34. You're a photographer, trying to get a good picture of the sunset. Your partner has been sick with a debilitating, genetic disease that has kept them locked in your room, needing constant care to stay alive. They've always loved sunsets.
>>
>>1619291
>[5] You... don't remember your name. You don't remember anything about yourself. You have a weird tattoo of a C on the back of your hand. (Write in age and gender.)
Age 27 Gender Male
>>
>>1619291
[1] David Ruiz. You're 18, just graduated HS. You were with my parents, your father was driving you home. You were going back from your latest rehab session at the local clinic; you've been playing football for some time now but a car accident broke your foot and ankle and the doctors told you you wouldn't be able to play anymore.
>>
Not enough votes for just one option!

I'll keep it open a little longer.
>>
>>1619469
I can switch, if that'll help.
>>
>>1619357
Ill switch to
>[1] David Ruiz. You're 18, just graduated HS. You were with my parents, your father was driving you home. You were going back from your latest rehab session at the local clinic; you've been playing football for some time now but a car accident broke your foot and ankle and the doctors told you you wouldn't be able to play anymore.
>>
>>1619291
>[1] David Ruiz. You're 18, just graduated HS. You were with my parents, your father was driving you home. You were going back from your latest rehab session at the local clinic; you've been playing football for some time now but a car accident broke your foot and ankle and the doctors told you you wouldn't be able to play anymore.
>>
>>1619291
>>
>>1619291

I refuse to play a girl
>>
>>1619288

>>1619564

Toruc, nice to see you
>>
>>1619590
You know I will always show up to a Worm Quest Mcsir.
>>
>>1619584

You and me both anon

>>1619596

Yep, I realized I couldn't run one. Time to let this bird spread his/her/it's wings and fly. Besides I'm more of a player really
>>
>>1619598
I am still kinda miffed that the last one the board died outta nowhere.
>>
>>1619610

Let's not jinx this one
>>
>>1619584
I'm sorry you're the genetically inferior gender.
>>
I liked playing a lizzy character the first 6 quests i played but its gotten old, real real old.
>>
File: D430_18_003_0004_600.jpg (19KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
D430_18_003_0004_600.jpg
19KB, 600x316px
>>1619291
"I'm David Ruiz." You mumble, your voice sounding coarse and rough as it's obvious you haven't talked in quite some time. "We... We were going home from my monthly check up I--" You suddenly realize the implications, you try to sit up on your bed, but again the manacles impede your movement, stopping you and minimizing your range of movement. Instead of sitting up, you end up thrashing on the bed, flailing wildly, no doubt making quite the spectacle of yourself. You manage to grunt out a sentence, pushing through the desperation. "My parents. Leo and Daniela Ruiz. A-are they okay?! We were in a blue station wagon-- I can---"

You try to stand up again, but you don't really manage to move. Suddenly you see the nurse and doctor jump back, both of them muffling screams of surprise and maybe even fear, startled. You can hear clattering of metal against the floor. In the blink of an eye, the woman doing the interview has stepped back with that same vague, aloof calm she had displayed so far and the superhero Luminus is mere inches from you, his arm stretched to keep you pinned against the bed with his superior strength. You remember his powers in the back of your head, a stupid thing to be thinking about and yet you can't help it. He gets stronger the more illuminated the area around him is, faster too. And with the bright, white bulbs of the hospital lamps, you're sure he's at his strongest. He presses down and you feel your ribs cracking under the pressure. No real harm done.

"David. We need you to calm down." Calls the woman, still speaking in a calm tone even if everyone else seems to be freaking out around you for absolutely no reason.

"Please-- Please, fuck. We don't have time for this, I can't do shit, you got me tied up! My parents might still be alive!" You call after her, squeezing Luminus' arm as he presses down some more on your chest. You can see the glowing eyes widen in surprise, probably a big shot hero like him isn't used to having a civilian touching him. You squeeze, feeling the strong musculature under the armored fabric of his costume. Seeing as the woman is useless, you turn to him with pleading eyes.

"You're a hero. You gotta find them." You've never cried. You didn't cry when that unfortunate accident happened and you broke your leg. You didn't cry when your best friend took the blame and the DUI charges instead of you, so none of the colleges that had been scouting you found out about it. And you sure as fuck didn't cry when after the doctors gave their prognosis and said colleges somehow found out, they withdrew their offers for scholarships and professional scouts stopped calling.

But now, as you're holding helplessly onto a strange superhero's arm like a terrified girl from a movie, you realize your eyes are wet with tears.

"Please..."
>>
>>1619689
Damn son. We got some shit to make up for.
>>
>>1619689

That's when it hits you. That's when everything hits you. You've been holding onto Luminus this whole time, but your hands are still firmly tied to the bed, you see the blonde woman tapping frantically on her tablet, stopping once or twice to take pictures with the device's camera. Luminus isn't pulling away from you, surprising as it is, the shocked expression is still on his face but he's not moving. It's a weird sensation, you can feel with your hands, his costume, the warmth coming off his body but you can't actually see your hands! You can even see the imprint of fingers squeezing around his forearm. But if it weren't for your sense telling you you're touching him, you wouldn't believe it.

You hear the door being slammed closed and realize you're alone with the superhero and whoever that woman is. She rubs her brow and steps closer to the bed, cautiously, her eyes going from you to the hero. "David. Do you know what a trigger event is?" She places a hand on the bed's rail, even if she's trying to seem reassuring with a smile on her face, you can tell she's scared. You feel your heart beating fast on your chest and your stomach turn, nausea nearly overcomes you.

"Yeah? I mean, I don't follow cape shit, not anymore. But it's how heroes get powers." You slur out, your eyes fixed on the hero just as you can guess his are fixed on yours, he still isn't moving.

"They aren't random events, you don't wake up with powers one day. They come to us in the worst times possibles, the worst hour of the worst day of the worst week of the worst month of your life. Right when we're done for and ready to give up..." You finally look away, this time looking at her as the revelation shocks you. She's a parahuman too? She has powers? You raise your fists defensively against her, releasing Luminus in the process... You hear him cough and stumble backwards, just as freaked out.

"What the fuck?!"

"David, I'm White Hat. I'm sure you don't recognize me without the fedora and the mask. I know you'll keep my identity a secret, you seem like a smart boy." She taps her tablet without looking at it as she talks. "You didn't cause the incident, you probably just triggered since you're so afraid of your own powers. We'll be removing the restraints as they were for everyone's safety and it's obvious they're not doing anything to stop your power."

She turns to leave, her companion gives you a glare, a non-verbal 'fuck you' as he steps towards you to undo the manacles like they were made of paper. "Be careful, kid." White Hat states from the door as Luminus exits and for the first time you realize how tired the two of them look, she closes the door.

[1] You're free? You gotta find your parents. The heroes didn't answer any of your questions.
[2] You're free? You need to chase after them. They're heroes, they can help you. They have to.
[3] You're free? Write in.
>>
>>1619785
>[1] You're free? You gotta find your parents. The heroes didn't answer any of your questions.
>>
>>1619785
>[2] You're free? You need to chase after them. They're heroes, they can help you. They have to.
>>
>>1619785
You're free? You gotta find your parents. The heroes didn't answer any of your questions.
>>
>>1619785
>[2] You're free? You need to chase after them. They're heroes, they can help you. They have to.
>>
>>1619785
>[1] You're free? You gotta find your parents. The heroes didn't answer any of your questions.
>>
>>1619785
>>
>>1619785
Deciding to take matters by your own hand, you get up. Your body is screaming at you, but it feels like you've just woken up from a nap instead of falling to your death from a collapsing bridge over the cold waters of the river below. They probably had a healer come in and look at you, especially if they seemed to think you were responsible for the accident. Your muscles feel sore, but more the way they used to feel after a particularly strenuous workout rather than actual pain. A good thing, really.

You're still wearing the hospital gown and that's embarrassing, you can't seem to find your clothes anywhere, but that's not going to stop you. You crack open the door but don't see much, a nurse station and a couple very busy nurses talking on multiple phones at the same time while a handful more are rushing around from room to room. A disaster of this level is only comparable to an Endbringer event. Nowadays with so many precogs and tinkers, you'd expect these things to be avoided.

That's probably why they assume a parahuman was involved. You look around and step outside.

[1] Talk to a nurse and ask for your clothes.
[2] Try to sneak out.
[3] Find a payphone to call your parents from.
[4] Write in.
>>
>>1619910
>[3] Find a payphone to call your parents from.
>>
>>1619910
>>
>>1619910
>>
>>1619910
>>
>>1619910
Find them
>>
File: payphone.jpg (197KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
payphone.jpg
197KB, 640x478px
>>1619910

You're in no shape to be going out of your room, even if your body doesn't hurt anymore, you're still sore and pretty much naked. Somehow you manage to sneak around the hospital until you find a small area with vending machines, seats and a couple payphones set up. You press the collect call button and dial your house phone.

The line rings once, twice, three times, by the fourth you stop counting and instead wait all the way until it won't ring anymore and an pre-recorded message pops up. Your mother's voice informing whoever's calling to leave a message and their name after the tone. You hang up before the recording finishes.

Again you feel the cold shiver of fear that was nested in your gut starting to rouse. You remember when you were a little boy and would have panic attacks over the littlest things. That's actually what got you into sports, an effort to get distracted and stop being so terrified of everything... But now? Now your parents are missing and you can't take your mind off it by playing anything.

You grab the phone again, this time dialing your father's phone. He's got to pick up. He always picks up. You only hear two dial tones before you hear a female's voice behind you, high pitched and young sounding.

"Hey! You're not supposed to be leaving your room!" You don't have time to react before the woman, a young-looking teenage girl steps besides you and presses the hook, effectively hanging the call up. You finally get a good look at her, Vaguely asian looking, she's in costume so that marks her as a hero, a lavender cape and armored bodysuit with what seem to be stylized an emblem depicting angel wings on her chest. "You can't be contacting anyone either."

[1] RUN!
[2] Talk it out.
[3] Attack!
>>
>>1621041
>[3] Attack!
Fuck off you cunt
>>
>>1621041
>[1] RUN!
>>
File: 1495507246609.jpg (89KB, 737x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1495507246609.jpg
89KB, 737x1083px
>>1621041
>[2] Talk it out.
Nah, it can't be her can it?
>>
>>1621272
Switching to this

I'd rather act in character and lash out after the shit we've been through but i'll take guilt tripping the hoe instead of running like a bitch for no reason
>>
File: 1494732152019.jpg (280KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494732152019.jpg
280KB, 1024x1024px
>>1621328
Thanks. I hope QM gets back to us soon because I recently finished reading all of Worm and this quest is very welcome. As long as QM doesn't go the way of the reddit and Spacebattles autists and focus on powerlevels and shit, we should be good. Plenty of things to do in Wormverse after all, and the classifications only apply to the PRT and the potential for danger to others - not that the idiots on Spacebattles and reddit know or care about this.
And I also hope Best Girl is in this quest one day.
>>
>>1621041
>Bite me, I'm calling my parents.
>>
>>1621041
>[2] Talk it out.
>>
>>1621669
this
>>
So that's a total of 4 for talk it out, 1 for run, 1 for fuck off. Sounds good.
>>
Do we have any idea what our power is?
>>
>>1621041
>[2] Talk it out
>>
>>1622260
So far we got that we can grab and hold people with a sort of telekinetic grip, through which we can actually sense and feel through our hands even when restrained.
Luminus was also frozen while we were holding him with our power, and when we let him go he coughed and stumbled. I think our grip doesn't exactly freeze people in time, but it stops their entire body from doing anything biological period. Would make sense as to why Luminus did nothing or did not react in any way aside from eyes widening. His expression didn't change, he didn't move back or anything else, but he could still sense - kind of like sleep paralysis while you're awake?
>>
>>1621041
>Talk it out
We just woke up with superpowers and we're trying to make sure we're not an orphan. She can fuck off for ten minutes.
>>
>>1621041
[3] Attack!

Misunderstandings, ho.
>>
Is there some source material for this quest
>>
File: 257.jpg (20KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
257.jpg
20KB, 480x478px
>>1623483
Ha
>>
>>1623483
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
1.6 million words of quality capeshit unlike anything you've ever read before.
>>
>>1624617
>quality
It's okay. In some places
>>
>>1625373
I meant quality compared to common or well-known capeshit.
>>
Please don't die.
>>
File: 1495077423760.jpg (146KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
1495077423760.jpg
146KB, 600x835px
THIS BETTER NOT FUCKING DIE AFTER JUST ONE DAY SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD
>>
>>1640066
This WormQuest dying is making me want to run my own, even though I have no QM experience. Gonna have to look up a lot of stuff to even consider something like that.
>>
>>1640382
Make a discord and I'll help.
>>
>>1643108
Okay. https://discord.gg/hNxB4hF
>>
>>1643108
Lost trip code, am sad.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.