[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Hollow Adventurer: Cursed Instincts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0813.jpg (41KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.jpg
41KB, 700x700px
>>1600917

Welcome back to the search for true happiness.

As the ship sailed carefully along the rock formation, the silhouette became clearer and clearer. Even from the back of the boat, you could see the shadow of a mermaid. Beautiful songs you've never heard of before we're emanating from her presence.

"Ey, that's a real nice catch ya found! Ya mind if I claim this bounty for myself?" Johnny begs.

Long before in your journeys, when you weren't as rich and experienced, you expected things such as these would bring at least some pleasure into your life.

"Eh... I'm not interested into those kinds of stuff any more..." You say, but the whole scenario gives off an ominous feeling.

You eye the shadowy soon to mistress, noticing the odd movements she makes. Not long after, you can see that there are many smaller shadows nearby. You can see their every move, noticing how they're starting to get closer to the boat.

You look back to Johnny, realizing that he already started running towards the Siren.

Should you:
>Run and yell after Johnny
>Move the boat away while yelling at Johnny
>>
>>1609479
Linked it to a specific post within the old thread...

What a weird mishap...
>>
>>1609479
>Run and yell after Johnny
Make sure no one tries to jump off the ship, both Johnny and the kid, then
>Move the boat away
>>
>>1611420
This
>>
>>1611420
>>1611602
You run after Johnny. Somehow, though, you end up tackling him by accident. (Years of experience translated to RPG EXP... oh shit. Imma just... soften the blows...)

"F--k! My arm! The heck man?" Johnny screamed.

"There's a swarm of sirens, and if we don't shove off we're gonna be sushi tonight!" You yelled, dusting yourself off and attempting to push off the boat from the island.

"The heck are you talking about? That's definitely a-" He growls back, with his eyes darting back to the shadow. Somehow, this was the moment it decided to stop singing.

"Oh shit, you're right!" He reacts.

"What's going on out there?" The nameless boy sluggishly spoke.

"We're trying to sleep and you guys are-" The loli buccaneer starts. The siren's rest was short-lived, starting up her cursed song once more...

(Roll 3d100s, best of all rolls will be accepted)
>>
File: IMG_0816.jpg (109KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0816.jpg
109KB, 800x498px
>>1613000
Whoops, forgot pic.

I'm not sure you'll like it though...
>>
Rolled 71, 62, 6 = 139 (3d100)

>>1613000
Best of 3d100s is pretty generous but I'll take it
>>
Gonna wait a couple more minutes...
>>
Rolled 99, 6, 55 = 160 (3d100)

>>1613000
>>
>>1613043
>>1613282
Ok, the best of both your rolls will be 99, 72, 62 in that order from least to greatest.

"Kids, look away and cover your ears!" You yell.

The Nameless Boy obediently complied. Rose, on the other hand, continued being a cheeky captain.

"What are you guys hiding from-" She started once more, her eyes darting across the sea. The moment her eyes met the Siren's, her face became rose colored.

"T-this is not the Isles of Eden!" She panicked, running into back into her quarters. Well, at least we know she won't mess with the lad (>>1600833 NEVER FORGET).

Johnny runs back to the wheel, struggling a bit as you set up the sails. You take extra caution to avoid changing the boy's line of sight.

The gentle night breeze was both calming and cool, but it would have been nicer if it were a bit stronger too. The boat managed to detach from the "island", but some of the siren's friends have managed to claw their way onboard.

You have 20 rounds in the Dragon's Maw (essentially a fantasy equivalent of a Chinese Handcannon, which, to summarize, is essentially a really old shotgun). You could try using it on these mooks to improve your aim with the gun in the long run, but ammo is scarce. Killing it "up close and personally" would risk injury to yourself, lowering your ability to perform later on (Did I forget to mention the -10 penalty due to venom).

How do you proceed?
>Magic Shotgun!
>Standard Stabbing!
>>
>>1613970
Running back into her quarters. Jeez, I don't know much in any other language. Here I am screwing it up...
>>
>>1613970
>Magic Shotgun!
>>
>>1614094
This
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (45KB, 989x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.jpg
45KB, 989x234px
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>1614094
>>1615006
Pic probably isn't related. I just wanted to share something with you all...

You pull out the Dragon's Maw, hoping to spew forth its wrath upon the sirens. You steady your aim...

(If I remember correctly, I gave the Dragon's Maw a bonus)
>>
>>1616580
I swore I posted the continuation yesterday...

Oh well... wait up guys...
>>
>>1616580
>>1618557
... brace for impact and...

Realized you forgot to load the dang contraption. You hastily packed the handheld cannon, hoping for another chance. Alas, life isn't always a forgiving mistress.

You where knocked unconscious after being attacked from behind, leaving your crew at their mercy. The Nameless Boy was wounded. if it weren't for Rose and Johnny, he wouldn't be able to walk.

The boat was slightly torn up. Not to much to the point where it will sink, but enough to make walking aboard the ship risks falling into rooms and the water.

The only good thing is that you know now to always keep it loaded. (The Dragon's Maw's current bonus is now +15, with an additional +5 after every shot fired).

7th encounter (part 1):
You were dreaming about your humble beginnings before adventuring ever came into your mind. Although you are an expert at dealing with blades, you originally were one with skills in stealing and stashing.

At first, you stuffed small food items like apples, baked treats, pie slices and cooked meats in your tummy. Then, as you matured, the need for traveling clothes, coins, keys and other common goods came about. Eventually, when you heard news about terror striking your town, you picked up blades, body armor, and and a variety of useful survival skills.

Nobody ever influenced you to do these things, not even your parents. Heck, for as long as you could remember, you've never even seen your parents. The only person who fit the title of "Guardian" was the old woman in charge of the orphanage. Even then, she died when you were very young. Your life was full choices, that had very well directly influenced your survival.

"Hey, mister? Can you please wake up?" A voice beckoned from beyond.

"Rose. How many times have I told you not to wake me up?" You angrily grumbled groggily.
>>
>>1618701
"What? Oh it's me, Will. Oh wait, I forgot to tell you that's my name now didn't I?" The voice replies.

You simply stated, "What do you want lad? It's been a few days since the Sirens struck here and I'm really tired."

"That's exactly why I came here. I decided that if you were to teach me how to fight, I could be less of a burden to all of you." He calmly responds.

You open your eyes, expecting to see the face of the young scared boy you picked up long ago. It's still essentially the same, just a bit roughened up.
But his eyes, his eyes looked determined rather than desperate.

You thought for awhile, and decided to respond with...

>Write in
>>
>nah not right now, i'm too tired.
>>
>>1618737
Sorry for inactivity!

"Oh, alright then. Have a good rest then sir..." The kid replies.

You nod off for awhile (No more penalties... for now)

You wake in the afternoon, surprised to see the lad messing about with a mop.

(Sorry guys, I'm not in the mindset for telling this story, but I just want to tell you that I won't let this die)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.