[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warlords Quest: Chapter 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

You all are war-orphans, raised by an ambitious Warlord, in the Goal of making you the perfect Commander, Unfortunately your adoptive father passed away a week ago. His army disbanded as they were mostly mercenary only loyal to silver and gold. Only a few remained behind still full of hope that among all of his sons and daughters a new Great Warlord will arise. For now its Filiek, the oldest of the orpha who took the role, he nominated all of you as member of His War Council...

So off with the RP, let me explain if you didn't get everything. Every player will be in charge of one character and his own personal army, while still working under someone else, for now i will play the Chief Warlord, but death can come at any moment in war, and when that happen a suscession crisis will arise, I expect faction to form inside the council as everybody fight for power while still cooperating to make the council as the whole conquer land, a balance will be needed.

I will let you each turn debate as to what to do, wage war, build stuff, develope your army, or diplomacy with foreigner.
But ultimately the Chief Warlords will take the decision, rebellion may arise if he ignore the advice of the councel tho, so careful for any aspiring Tyrant.

If you were to die, everything isnt lost, if you have managed to get an heir before your death (for now you have none as you have no blood related family) then most of your army and equipement may be kept. If you didnt get any, you can still get another character also youll have to start over, ill give you a bonus depending on how far youve evolved
So dont simply leave if you die, its not the end.

Now everybody who want to play, Pick for yourself:
>>A Name (Simple first name, no title, those will be awarded by me if you accomplish something)
>>Starting Age (Between 18 and 28)
>>Starting Unit (a Unit is 10 Soldier who are loyal to you first, for now)
Possible Unit :
-Short Bow Archer
-Spear Infantry
- Axe and Wood Shield Infantry
>>Starting Equipement (choose 2):
-Great Sword
-Iron Shield
-Pole Arm
-Long Bow
-Horse
-Leather Armor
-Short Sword
-Axe
-Hammer
>>Favored Skill(easier to learn for you and higher starting rank, can still progress in other,Choose 2) :
-Startegy
-Leadership
-Trading
-Craftsmanship
-Ranged Mastery
-Melee Mastery
-Literacy
-Write In(Approval required)

Unless Specified a Turn is a in game Month!
>>
>>1608035
Interesting premise, OP

>>A Name
Rolouzis
>>Starting Age
>>Starting Unit
Falx-equipped infantry
-Great Sword (two-handed falx)
-Leather Armor
>>Favored Skills
-Leadership
-Melee Mastery
>>
>>1608035
>>A Name
Magua
>>Starting Age
>>Starting Unit
-Spear Infantry
>>Starting Equipment (choose 2):
-Halberd
-Horse
>>Favored Skills
-Craftsmanship
-Strategy
>>
>>1608035
> A Name
Severus
>Starting Age
>Starting Unit
-Short Bow Archer
-Short Sword
-Long Bow
>>Favored Skill(easier to learn for you and higher starting rank, can still progress in other,Choose 2) :
-Ranged Mastery

>Approval required
-Horses (husbandry, training, handilng)
>>
>>1608050
Falx? Sort of a sword/sicle right?
Ok for your equipment, but your unit only have bronze version of them then.
>>
>>1608061
>Horse
Approuved, now i notice it was an obvious one i forgot
>>
>>1608062
Yeah, the falx is a two-handed sword with the tip curved forwards, to be used as hook or to reach over shields.
Sounds good!
>>
>>1608064
Still alive, OP?
>>
>>1608035
>>A Name
Lazerus
>>Starting Age
>>Starting Unit
-Spear Infantry
>>Starting Equipment (choose 2):
-Leather Armor
-Pole Arm
>>Favored Skills
-Melee Mastery
-Strategy
>>
>Name
Sighvat
>Age
>Unit
Axe and Wood Shield Infantry
>Equipment
Iron Shield
Axe
>Skill
Melee Mastery
Leadership
>>
Still Alive, writing next post in an hour
>>
>>1608050
>>1608057
>>1608061
>>1608247
>>1608396

And so The First War Council, led by Filiek, gather to decide the next course of action.
Right now the only land you managed to keep control over is a settlement of a 1000 people,named Warlord's Home, on a riverside,without any fortification.It's Economy based around fishing.

Each of you command directly 10 Soldier, and Filiek Control directly 20 more, for a Total force of 70.

And so you stand before a crude map of the region, Filiek asking you what you think should be the first course of action...
>>
File: Map1.png (46KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
Map1.png
46KB, 777x777px
>>1608617
Forgot the basic map.... don't show much anyway apart from some topography
>>
>>1608617
>>1608652
What needs to be done is gather more men. Recruit from the population of Warlord's Home. By force, if necessary. We will never do anything with less than at least one hundred men.
>>
>>1608673
I can agree with this, if we want to expand we need much more soldiers than we currently have.
>>
>>1608652
"Hm, our men are loyal and strong, but our numbers are nothing compared to what our dear father had. I support the idea to recruit more lads to our cause but do we have enough rations to keep them fed and happy?"
>>
>>1608755
"Right now We don't, at least not directly, we could simply take tribute from the village to do so, we haven't taken anything for this year yet anyway."
>>
>>1608867
In that case, we could request additional rations and equipment as a tribute and then recruit more men.
>>
>>1608867
"Aye, lets collect the tribute first. A warrior with an empty belly cannot fight with full strength."
>>
>>1608913
>>1608903

"Well i do agree with you guys, Sighvat, Rolouzis, Take your men and go collect a food Tribute, enough for the whole Warm Season, no need to take everything now, then try to recruit as many able men as possible, peacefully for now, we'll see how many come, i'll let you compete to see how much you both bring."

>>Both of you roll 1d100 to see how it goes.
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1609005
Aye, brother. It will be done.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>1609005
"Aye, it will be done."
>>
>>1609011
>>1609067
The collect of the tribute goes without much tension, a few grumpy isolated villager but no open complain.
Then come the recruitment start to gather as many people around you and convince them to join your rank, as you promise riches, and glory.

In the end as you compete for their attention, more gravitate around Rolouzis, 21 Men accept to join under Him. and only 12 under Sighvat.

They are all Untrained Recruit, with an Average Loyalty, and No Equipment for now.

A Month passes where a basic training is done using wooden replica of weapon, but you'll need real one for them if you are to take them on the battlefield.
>>
File: Map2.png (47KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
Map2.png
47KB, 777x777px
>>1609170
During this month, Filiek managed to get a slightly better map pointing out the position of the 1000+ settlement in the region, no road are noted, as very few exist, the major way of travel are the rivers in this region.

The Council meet again, food isn't a problem right now. So how would you want to proceed?
>>
>>1609211
Going to bed now, so don't worry i'm not dead.
>>
>>1609211
"Brother, we will need gear for the lads who joined us. They can't go into the field with a naked arse and with toothpicks as weapons. We either buy some gear or we do it the old fashioned way. By raiding and looting."
>>
Can i join?
>>
I also would like to join
>>
>>1611452
>>1611609
Yes both of you can, make your character like the others, wont post before an hour tho
>>
>>1609268
"Problem is we don't have any fund right now, so the only way is, as you said, the old way. Question is, which Town should we go after? right now we only have noted the bigger Town on the map, they might be too big of a target for now, not impossible, but we'll probably loose quite a lot of men."
>>
File: Map3.png (68KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
Map3.png
68KB, 777x777px
>>1611705
[blue]free update of the map[/blue]
>>
>>1611713
>>1611705
If that is the case, we should consider raiding smaller outposts. Going by the map, if we follow the river south there should be three one after another. An opportunity, I say.
>>
>>1611717
I suggest we take the smaller towns to the west. They should be easier targets and we have no worry of a larger town along the way.
>>
>>1611717
>>1611724
We'll do both, starting from the west to get some weapon from what seems to be a mining settlement, then we'll go south, it'll take us around 3 week to travel to and loot those 7 hamlet, Rolouzis, you'll be on the front since you have more than 20 men to equip. Magua, you're in charge of coming up with an assault plan for the first settlement."

Quick Reminder, Army Composition:
Rolouzis:
-10*Bronze Falx Solider(V/L)
-21*Unequiped Soldier(R/P)

Magua:
-10*Iron Spear Soldier(V/L)

Severus:
-10*Short Bow Archer(V/L)

Lazerus:
-10*Iron Spear Soldier(V/L)

Sighvat:
-10*Iron Axe and Wood Shield Soldier(V/L)
-12*Unequiped Soldier(R/P)

and here's what the letter stand for:

Troop Training:
Recruit(R)
Drilled(D)
Skilled(S)
Veteran(V)
Elite(E)

Troop Loyalty:
Rebellious(R)
Disloyal(D)
Pragmatic(P)
Loyal(L)
Fanatic(F)
>>
>>1611730
Forgot Filiek army:
-20*Iron Axe and Wood Shield(V/L)
>>
>>1611730
What does the first settlement look like? Does it have any obvious defenses or guards?
>>
>>1611733
From the first observation you do from afar, not fortification, but there seems to be a few armed guards,maybe 10 to 30 of them,equipped with Bronze Spear and Leather Armor, the total population is around 400.
>>
>>1611734
Ah, it should not be too much of a hassle. With an entrance and some way of not getting seen, we will have no problems.
>>
>>1611734
>>1611735
Perhaps an attack under night? Or would we prefer to attack with the Sun at our backs?
>>
>>1611736
I say we strike under the night's shroud. They will be unprepared, and we may make it without them sounding the alarm.
>>
>>1611736
>>1611739
"We"ll go at night then, try to kill as many guard without getting noticed. Rolouzis, you'll go in with your 10 Equiped men, Magua you'll follow him, I'll stand ready close to the village with the rest of the troop, if the alarm is rang we'll charge in. It's best that we go in a lower number to not make too much noise."

Rolouzis, roll 1d100 to see how it goes.

Btw Magua still not sure, your character is a Man or a Woman?
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>1611743
Let our steps be unheard and our blades sharpened well.
>>
>>1611743
Male
>>
>>1611747
As you , Magua and 20 armed men slip in the quiet hamlet at night, you see a couple of guard on duty, dozing on a bench near the entrance, swiftly going around them, you cut both of their throat in silence, the way is clear. What follow is quick and clean operation, you get to the local forge, and what seems to be the local milicia quarter, and steal all the weapon you can, you also manage to get some supply from a warehouse, in the end, you get out without having been noticed.
>>
>>1611758
Loot:
20 Bronze Spear, 15 Bronze Axe and a month of Supply for the army.

got to go, we'll continue later
>>
>>1611759
Excellent, more weapons for our unarmed troops.
>>
>>1611759
That's enough to arm all of our recruits. Very good.
>>
>>1611759
"I'll take the axes. The lads will learn how to properly wield them."
>>
>>1611763
"That's not up to you Sighvat, Rolouzis will pick his weapon first, you'll get what you need to equip your Men, and the remaining weapon will go to Magua."
>>
>>1612033
"I thank you, brother. To equip my men, I will have 18 spears and 3 axes. With 12 axes remainig, Sighvat will arm his lads. The remaining 2 spears shall go to Magua and his spearmen. To me, this seems the most convenient way."
>>
"I'll take the other twelve axes and arm my men on the Northen Front. Godspeed."
>>
>>1612116
"You heard him Braka, the axes are my."
>>
>>1612116
Who the fuck are you?
>>
>>1612153
Do you know this clown Sighvat?
Get him out of here.
>>
>>1612116
He blinks a few times. "What the fuck am I thinking?" He then takes the man and throws him out of the tent.
>>
"Alright let's get back on track, We got enough weapon with just this first settlement. Should we go plunder the other 6? Or maybe we should try to formally conquer them. We are not bandit after all.
Or maybe we should reinforce Warlord's Home."

Only 3 day have passed in this Month.
>>
>>1612548
"We need to bring those places under our domain. But just a part of them, else we will over expand and bloat up. A constant influx of gear and rations will help us become moar independet."
>>
>>1612548
"With more or less 100 men, I think our force is string enough to counquer at least a couple of hamlets. Let's go slowly, we don't want to bite off more than we can chew."
>>
"Well , We'll make a formal introduction to the hamlet we just stole from tomorrow then. the 4 settlement upstream of Warlord's Home will make a good first target, and since they have no other way than to pass through the river, controlling them in the future will be easy.Now how should we proceed? Should we stomp them with our army from the start? or Give them the choice to submit? which will let them know we're coming."
>>
>>1612728
>Going to bed, you can answer for when we start again tomorrow.
>>
>>1612728
"We should over them to submit.Those who don't, will be put to the blade."
>>
>>1612806
RIP. OP died in his sleep.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.