[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Wasteland_Quest][Chapter_Zero]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 6

File: Bike Knight.jpg (63KB, 526x390px) Image search: [Google]
Bike Knight.jpg
63KB, 526x390px
Greetings /qst/ers, I come bearing random generators from /tg/, and plan to run a quest utilizing them. These generators were developed for the sake of generating a post apocalyptic wasteland in the vein of Mad Max. The core concept of this quest is to generate a world, develop factions to inhabit it, and then run a quest within it.

If the idea of this interests and/or intrigues you, and you feel the need to participate, jump right in and follow my instructions. We're going to be using the following tables, and I'd like to give credit to Anonymous for creating them. Thanks Anonymous! Here are the tables:

> The Setting Generator:

>> https://pastebin.com/hffPWPRc

> The Faction Generator:

>> https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Post_Apocalyptic_Society_Creation_Tables

So, let's get started, shall we?

Roll 1d100 to determine the Setting's Tech-Level!
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1606430
>>
>>1606434

> 86-100 Future: No ray guns or nuclear powered cars, but maybe malfunctioning autonomous drones and AIs lying around. Gangs might salvage cybernetic enhancements or solar panels for their vehicles.

Far out! It looks like we've got sci-fi technology, cyborgs, laser-guns, all that jazz, sounds fun! Roll 1d100 for the Setting's Climate!
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>1606430
>>
>>1606508

> 1-35 Hot and Dusty: The most common kind of apocalypse. Water is scarce on account of it having evaporated somewhere or is highly radioactive. Regular Ol’ Mad Max shit. Watch out for dust storms.

Alright, looks like sand n' more sand! A bit standard but tried and true!

Roll 1d100 for the Setting's Mutagenic Factor!
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>1606531
>>
>>1606590

> 81-100 Midnight Science Theater: Retro-style approach to mutant creatures. Giant ants and scorpions, lizard-men, and rats the size of dogs but otherwise mostly unchanged. Slightly grimmer than all that, to fit with the general tone of the setting.

Weird mutants, funky radiation, and futuristic artifacts??? We're cracking up to have ourselves a regular gonzo quest! Roll 1d100 for the Setting's Location!
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>1606642
>>
>>1606650

> 86-100: Mega City: The entire region is just one giant city. Beyond it’s borders are wastes no one crosses. Everything people want must be acquired from within it’s towering buildings and twisted streets.

Wo-ho-ho! This is getting absolutely ridiculous! Arid megalopolis, here, we, GO! We're almost done here, bare with me now. Roll 3d100 to determine the Setting's Landmarks!
>>
Rolled 88, 41, 66 = 195 (3d100)

>>1606688
>>
>>1606688
sounds like jude dread cityquest
>>
>>1606703

Perhaps perhaps, I guess we'll see!

>>1606696

> 76-90: Natural Landmark: A lonely mountain, deep valley, or vast river of some sort.
> 41-50 A Quagmire: A region known for being very difficult to traverse. Maybe it's a bog, maybe it's a perpetual sandstorm. In any case, it'll be a big factor in trade routes and the like.
> 61-75 Very tall thing: A radio tower, singularly tall skyscraper, or otherwise. This is a manmade monolith that can be seen for miles.

OK Folks! That's it for the Setting, let's recap,

> Future tech
> Hot n' Dusty
> Retro-style mutants
> It's in a Megacity
> It has a natural landmark, a quagmire, and a very tall thing

This ought to be interesting! Now, into the factions, we're going to roll-up 4 to keep things nice and balanced. If you lot want anymore, lemme know and we'll bring it up to 5. Keep in mind, I'm going to need some input on these.

OK, let's do this: Roll 1d100 for Genetic Makeup!
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>1606749
>>
>>1606757

> Half-Lives: Doomed to short lives, Half-Lives are always in need of breeding stock. Almost half don’t make it past youth, and any that do live absolutely no longer than 40. Riddled with obvious tumours and other disfigurements, they could pass for healthy if they covered up but the coughing is always going to give them away.

Huh, looks like Faction 1 is a bunch of mutated freaks! Not as bad as it could be though... Roll 1d100 to see which Cultural Meta-Group they fall in!
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1606749
>>1606780
>>
>>1606785

> Mercs: Professional killers, these men fight and kill for a living. Feared throughout the wastes, despite their relative peacefulness compared to raiders. They kill when they want to, but only if it benefits their agenda. Well trained and heartless, they fly many flags but are united by common ruthlessness and battlefield skill. Religious extremists, political/philosophical idealogues, or just plain killers for hire.

Looks like they're guns for hire, interesting enough. Roll 1d100 to determine their Leadership Style!
>>
>>1606430
I hope you're /k/ enough
not enough QM's that know about guns
>>
>>1606848

I'm not /k/, or /o/, for that matter. Would it be better if I abstracted firearm statistics and vehicle parts, or if I attempted to do them justice? Also please roll.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>1606816
>>
>>1606871

> Dictatorship: Whether they go by mayor, king, chief, tyrant, boss or any other blandishment of power, these men are the movers and shakers in the wastes. Strong willed and often ruthless, singular individuals often take charge of small groups, as has been the case in every historical era. They may have a close knit inner circle, but they always rule with absolute power when it comes down to it.

So there's a strongman in charge of Faction 1, makes sense, all things considered. Roll 2d100 for Cultural Quirks!
>>
Rolled 81, 35 = 116 (2d100)

>>1606892
>>
>>1606917

> Xenophobic: Distrustful and always wary of outsiders, the group is often seen as cold or distant by others. Trade is hard, and diplomatic interactions are harder. Other cultural strains often run stronger in insular groups though.
> Pyromaniacs: Exceptionally twisted and with a taste for arson. These psychos often paint their equipment with flames and like to maximize the amount of it spraying at any given time. Make use of exceptionally brutal weapons to cause the most burning.

These mercenary mutants are Xenophobic Pyromaniacs! I suppose if you want something gone, they're the men for the job! Roll 2d100 for Distinctive Appearance!
>>
Rolled 59, 51 = 110 (2d100)

>>1606935
>>
>>1606935
op?
>>
>>1606961
>>1607430
Well, according to OP's generator, that's
>Punks
>Uniform

I'm seeing charter-school bad-seeds. How about you?
>>
>>1606961

> Punks: Purple mohawks, side cuts, hockey pads, and piercings. These are your stereotypical post apocalyptic raiders. Even if they aren’t actually raiders.
> Uniforms: Standardized appearance across the group and it’s leadership. Makes your group seem more cohesive, but can be hard to maintain.

So these mercenaries are uniformed punks with a penchant for arson? It almost writes itself! Roll 1d100 to determine their Unique/Exclusive Resource!

>>1607430

Fear not, I live and I will continue this quest to the finish!

>>1607728

Charter-school arsonists huh? Neat.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>1608075
Let's see, boys!
>>
>>1608078

> Scrap: Everyone wants it, everyone needs it, most people have it. This group has a specific type, or an extreme profusion of it, and they use it to barter for whatever else they need.

So these punkass sons of bitches are loaded up on scrap, common enough, common enough. Roll 1d100 for Equipment Quality!
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1608090
>>
>>1608091

> Ramshackle: Armor is cobbled together, guns are hand tooled, and houses/clothes are generally not in the best state. Pretty standard for most people, unfortunately.

Their gear is shit-tier! What a pity, but it doesn't surprise me. Roll 1d100 for Motor Pool!
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>1608093
On it
>>
>>1608095

> Classics: Muscle Cars, roadsters, and trucks. The standard rides for most in the wasteland. Tough, reliable, and intimidating.

Whoopty doo dah, looks like they're riding some good old fashioned classics! Roll 2d100 for Special Vehicle Shit!
>>
Rolled 87, 58 = 145 (2d100)

>>1608097
Special vehicles?
I want a monster truck.
>>
>>1608098

> Extra Armor: Extra armor bolted onto the vehicles. No matter the type, they gain extra protection with minimal speed penalties.
> De-Construction Equipment: Cars are mounted with buzzsaws, mini-excavators, and plows for wrecking enemy vehicles.

Extra Armor and De-Construction Equipment, the pinnacle of practicality. Maybe we'll get a monster truck, maybe not, who knows? Roll 1d100 for the Flag Vehicle!
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1608102
>>
>>1608110

> Legendary Car: It’s not a giant warmachine, or even all that impressive compared to some other things, but it’s the perfect blend of fast, tough, and reliable. This car is everything anyone could ever want and it’s certainly made a name for itself. When a group rolls up with this thing, people know who they are. Takes the form of whatever your generic type of vehicle is.

They're in posession of a Legendary Car, it's not monster truck, but it's good enough! OK, that's it for this faction's rolls, I'll tally up the results and we can start fluffing it.
>>
Faction 1

> Half-Lives: Their genetics are fucked up somethin' fierce
> Mercs: They're killers for hire
> Dictatorship: What the boss says goes and that's that
> Xenophobic: They don't take kindly to outsiders
> Pyromaniacs: They just love setting shit on fire
> Punks: They wouldn't look out of place at a blowout rave
> Uniform: They all look alike and you can tell who's with 'em on sight
> Scrap: They've got a shit-ton of rusty metal
> Ramshackle: Their gear is shit-tier
> Classics: They ride what used to be the standard
> Extra Armor: Their cars are *almost* bulletproof
> De-Construction Equipment: Buzzsaws, plows, you name it, they've got it
> Legendary Car: Not too extravagant, but damn is it something to look at

OK, this is the first Faction, three more to go! Before we start rolling up the next few, let's fluff out these suckers.

> Which landmark are they based in?
> What kind of culture have they set up?
> How did the faction start? Keep in mind the apocalypse came generations ago
> What do they call themselves?
>>
>>1608134
Situated at the mouth of the [Natural Landmark] river that runs through the center of the megapolis. Run like a school, each class/year takes different mercenary jobs as decided by the [Dictator] Headmaster. Will demand "extra credit" if forced to work weekends. Probably operated out of, or at least control, an auto-wrecking yard and a charter-school facility.
>>
>>1608184

So they're a gang of arsonist mercenaries larping as a charter school? Sounds fun, I'll wait another hour for anymore suggestions or amendments before we conform the faction and start rolling up the next one.
>>
>>1608184
This works for me
>>
>>1608184
>>1608224
>>1608231

I was thinking "The Schoolboys" would be a good name for the gang.
>>
>>1608244
I was thinking of "Teacher's Pets", with the Teacher being the Dictator guy.
>>
>>1608244
>>1608249

I've just had an idea, what if the gang as whole was called the Schoolboys, but the elite were called Teacher's Pets?
>>
>>1608327
The elites, or the fuck-ups?
As in, they literally get treated like his pets.

Either way works for me.
>>
>>1608327
this whole faction is sounds like hills with eyes and mad maxfuryroad put together
>>
File: 1498243695016.jpg (312KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498243695016.jpg
312KB, 706x1000px
Everybody, I'm back and I'm A-OK! Sorry about the delay, something came up but now that's out of the way, onto the quest!

>>1608370

I was thinking the fuck-ups could be called "Dunces" or something, but the idea of the Headmaster literally treating them like pets sounds delightfully fucked up. I was thinking the Headmaster's right-hand man would be called the "Valedictorian." I guess you guys can decide as we go on.

>>1608372

Then the generator's working as planned!

Whelp, it's right about time we started rolling up the next Faction! Roll 1d100 for Genetic Makeup!
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1609303

It's been about ten minutes so to get things moving I'll roll myself!
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1609303
>>1609420
Nice. What happens if there are multiple rolls during char gen?
>>
>>1609420

> Mutants: Those truly warped, or some would say adapted, to the new world. Barely human looking, every mutant group is unique in their phenotype but they all share a uniform resilience to radiation and toxins. Generally feared and hated by less altered stock, the smart know they can be a valuable asset and that their goods are not “tainted” as some would have you believe.

Sheeeit, the rarest of the rarest, these freaks are mutated! Whether they've just got four arms and four eyes or they're a buncha giant fucking cockroaches, they're different, and anybody with eyes can see it!

Roll 1d100 to see which Cultural Meta-Group they fall in!
>>
>>1609420
>>1609429

Hoary shit, two 95s! Usually I'd use the second rolls for the next result, but we've already got a Merc Faction, so for the sake of variety I'm going to wait for another roll.
>>
>>1609450

If no-one else rolls in the next two minutes, I'm going to for the sake of expediency.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1609450
>>1609458
>>1609496
Do it.
>>
>>1609497

> Tribal: New cultures have sprung up since the apocalypse, some more recognizably linked to the old world than others. Unique expressions of culture and unusual handmade items are the common distinctions for tribals. Usually have an odd accent/manner of speech do to lack of contact. Less “civilized” but often no less savvy to the wasteland than others. Usually looked on with confusion or condescension by groups more tied to the old world.

These mutants are tribals! Not too strange, but I imagine most might find it odd. Roll 1d100 to determine Leadership Type!
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>1609519
>>
>>1609525

> Dictatorship: Whether they go by mayor, king, chief, tyrant, boss or any other blandishment of power, these men are the movers and shakers in the wastes. Strong willed and often ruthless, singular individuals often take charge of small groups, as has been the case in every historical era. They may have a close knit inner circle, but they always rule with absolute power when it comes down to it.

What a surprise, another Dictatorship! Roll 2d100 for Cultural Quirks!
>>
Rolled 24, 82 = 106 (2d100)

>>1609535
>>
>>1609560

> Motor Worship: In a world of vast blasted wastes and monstrous hazards, access to vehicles is the dividing line between life and death for most. Some take this a step farther and literally worship their rides as tools of divine salvation. Maybe they revere them like holy animals, wear garb that evokes them, or even take violent offense to those who mistreat them.
> Pyromaniacs: Exceptionally twisted and with a taste for arson. These psychos often paint their equipment with flames and like to maximize the amount of it spraying at any given time. Make use of exceptionally brutal weapons to cause the most burning.

They worship their vehicles and like setting shit on fire, huh. We've already got a Faction of Pyromaniacs, do you want to reroll for another Quirk or keep the arsonist tendencies?
>>
>>1609584
Maybe fluff the pyromania differently. Lets say the first faction is the classical pyro group, while this one is more focused towards worship of combustion and the more creation driven aspects of fire.
>>
Rolled 31, 55 = 86 (2d100)

>>1609624
Oh, and rolling for appearance.
>>
>>1609624

Cool, we'll go with that. Roll 2d100 for Distinctive Appearance!
>>
>>1609655

> Body Paint: When they go about their day-to-day lives, these people paint themselves, and maybe even their rides, in a distinctive style. They never go without their paint jobs.
> Punks: Purple mohawks, side cuts, hockey pads, and piercings. These are your stereotypical post apocalyptic raiders. Even if they aren’t actually raiders.

These mutants are painted-up Punks! It'll be interesting differentiating them from the Schoolboys. Roll 1d100 for their Unique/Exclusive Resource!
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1609717
>>
>>1609730

Eh, more Scrap. Do you want to reroll or stick with it?
>>
>>1609744
Re-roll.
>>
>>1609771

Alrighty then, I'm waiting.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1609771
Fucking captcha.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1609780

Shit, moar scrap. I'll reroll one more time and that's that.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1609780
>still scrap
God hates me. Rolling for quality stuff.
>>
>>1609792

> Guzzolene: Black gold. Everyone needs it, and it isn’t too rare to come by but not too many have the means to refine it. This group does, and it can be extremely lucrative.

Hot diggity damn, these bastards have somehow gotten their greasy little hands on crude oil! Good for them! Roll 1d100 for Equipment Quality!
>>
>>1609794

> Well-Kept: Armor is high quality and made after the apocalypse, guns are well kept and cleaned from the old world, and homes are actually decent to live in. Clothes are actually usually old world articles or made with old world machines.

So their gear's about as good as handmade gear gets. Strange for a buncha tribal mutants. Roll 1d100 for their Motor Pool!
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>1609815
>>
>>1609862

> Bikes: The groups rides are almost entirely bikes. Anything from choppers, to dirt bikes, or even nitro-boosted sportbikes.

So they're Bikers too! Painted tribal mutant punk bikers that worship their vehicles and the process of combustion. Awesome. Roll 2d100 for Special Vehicle Shit!
>>
Rolled 37, 35 = 72 (2d100)

>>1609889
THE GREATEST BIKE!
>>
Rolled 47, 51 = 98 (2d100)

>>1609889
Hope one of them is lances.
>>
>>1609893
>>1609894

> Spikey: Cars are covered in spikes. Pretty simple really. Good for keeping people off your hood and exploding ordnance before it hits the main body of the car. Actual functional version of the same thing in the appearance section.
> Tesla coils: The cars have fucking tesla coils mounted on them. They can shock enemies that get to close, channel lightning into batteries from desert storms, and just look badass as fuck.

SPIKED!!! FUCKING!!! LIGHTNING!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Roll 1d100 for Flagship Vehicle!
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1609930
>>
>>1609951

> Concert on Wheels: Like a drummer boy but way more awesome. Maybe it’s a squad of taiko drummers, a lone shredder on a flamethrower guitar, or an entire outfit of post-apocalyptic metalheads. Whatever it is, you’ll certainly not be going anywhere unnoticed, and it’s a very good way to get someone excited for killing.

... Simply awe-inspiring, I might just shed a tear ... I'm going to tally up the results and then we can start fluffing these guys out.
>>
>>1609973
I already got names for them.
Either "The Thunderstruck" or "Riders of The Lighting"
>>
Faction 2

> Mutants: They ain't normal, and something's changed 'em
> Tribal: Ooga booga, but with guns n' hot rods
> Dictatorship: The chief's rule is total and cannot be denied
> Motor Worship: They worship their rides
> Pyromaniacs: They also worship combustion
> Body Paint: They're painted 24/7, 7 days a week
> Punks: They look like something straight out of a cheesy disaster flick
> Guzzolene: They got gas, the good kind
> Well-Kept: Their gear's older than they are
> Bikes: They're bikers on top of all the rest
> Spikey: Their rides have spikes on spikes on spikes
> Telsa Coils : BZZZZAAAAPPPP
> Concert On Wheels: 'Nough said

Alright folks, I've gotta go do something for a few hours and then I'll be back. In the meantime, figure out what kinda mutants these are and how they've built their society.
>>
>>1609973
>>1609979
I think their special mutation is that they have four or more arms, so they could easily use weapons on their bikes and the lead concert car dude can use an electric guitar AND sick drums at once.

Maybe they can even grow more arms the older and more badass they are, thus the strongest dude could be some Vishnu looking motherfucker with a dozen arms.
>>
>>1609996
You know to mbye speed up the faction rolling you could have us roll a d100 for each thing in one big roll and use the numbers left to right for differnt things insred of trying to do each one at a time
Sonce we still got 3 more to go
And just give a reoll option if we double up on somethin
>>
>>1609996
>>1609999
They could be at war with the frist people vecouse there same but differnt lifes with fire ( fire holy war)

Think bouderlands2 riders that loved fire and whorsped the firehawk
>>
Rolled 58, 9, 50, 9, 55, 77, 5, 69, 93, 20, 99, 25, 36, 26, 7, 8, 37, 99, 88 = 870 (19d100)

>>1609996
You need 19 rolls for each one
How about i roll for the next faction?
Or each person that rolls it gose to a differnt faction?
Just to speed things up
Hope you dont mide but i wana see them all and see where this wild ride gose
>>
>>1610060
Woops
Looks like i counted the settings rolls oh well you can just take those out of this roll
>>
>>1609996
>>1609999
Nice quads.
Oh, I like the sound of that. Maybe they don't just grow arms, but body parts in general.
I'm talking horns, tusks, extra eyes, extra hearts, and so on. Because of this, their bikers are mostly custom-made for each and easily modifiable. Maybe the reason for this is the biker themselves, as they use some weird electro-nuclear engine that generates radiation, resulting in continuous mutations. Of course, they view this as blessings from the engine-gods.

For more fluff, i'm thinking The Thunderstruck are a barbarian horde of trail-blazers (literally, they set the roads on fire) that worship the gods Engine and Combustion, tattooing or painting runes, holy words, religious symbols and sacred pictures on their skin to please them.
For them, life and survival is like a continuous song, filled with thumps and screeches, similar to the sound of a powerful engine. For this reason, they employ numerous musical implements to aid them in war, ranging from electric guitars that shoot lighting to turbo-drums that give the bike a boost of nitroglycerin whenever the clubs hit them. Theirs is a war-song, and it never stops playing.
>>
>>1610069
Demm that sounds pretty sexy
How bards should be played

Each person makes there on road song and they can pick mates bashed on it as it has there achments and standings into the song
>>
>>1610069
The bikes could be handed down from each biker and his kids each bike has a pice of its owners parts on it only getting added
>>
File: 1498244925547.jpg (194KB, 470x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498244925547.jpg
194KB, 470x800px
>>1609979
>>1609999
>>1610038
>>1610069

So the Thunderstruck continuously grow extra limbs and appendages, view life as a song and war as an orchestra, disdain the Schoolboys, and pass their bikes down each generation? Badass, I was thinking they should inhabit the Quagmire, being mutants and all.

>>1610032
>>1610060
>>1610067

I appreciate the effort, but it's much more fun when everyone can roll. Speaking of rolls...

Roll 1d100 for Faction 3's Genetic Makeup!
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>1611767

For the sake of speeding things up, I'll roll.
>>
>>1611787

> Part-Lives: The general norm, people die of cancer or other genetic problems fairly young but some make it to old age. Wouldn’t appear too ugly or malformed by today’s standards, but certainly not the cream of the crop physically.

They're standard, a little unhealthy, and but not too much so. Roll 1d100 to see which Cultural Meta-Group they fall in!
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>1611792
>>
>>1611817

Hmm, Mercs again... Do you want to reroll for variety, or stick with it.
>>
>>1611838
We should reroll
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>1611838
Re-rollan
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1611840

Alright, roll 1d100. I'm rolling just in-case you roll Mercs again.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>1611849
>>
>>1611851
Oh, sweet lawmen
>>
>>1611848

> Settlers: The only “normal” people left. Generally just trying to make it through their daily lives without too many violent intrusions. Have built the most since the apocalypse, and generally behave the most like people from the old world. Don’t mistake civilization for civility or peacefulness though. Many are just as cold and merciless as raiders, as they have to be to survive these days.

I hadn't noticed your roll, looks like they're Settlers! Interesting, interesting.

>>1611851

> Anarchy: The group almost never actually makes decisions as a whole, but instead are unified simply by a culture and place of habitation. While they may band together and act as a cohesive unit in times of need, they often don’t last long in the wastes. Either lost to infighting, lack of unified strength, or simply drifted apart for various reasons.

Their Leadership System is Anarchy! That is to say, they don't have one! This gets better and better...

Roll 2d100 for Cultural Quirks!
>>
Rolled 37, 95 = 132 (2d100)

>>1611862
>>
>>1611851

Hmm, if you want we can use this for the next Cultural Meta-Group roll, I used it for this Leadership roll out of fairness to the anon that rolled earlier.
>>
>>1611865
Sure thing, a road Warrior would be a good balance to the mercs and psychos
>>
>>1611865
Hey, feel free to go with his roll if you think Road Warriors would be more interesting.
>>
>>1611864

> Xenophobic: Distrustful and always wary of outsiders, the group is often seen as cold or distant by others. Trade is hard, and diplomatic interactions are harder. Other cultural strains often run stronger in insular groups though.
> Old World Blues: A pervasive nostalgia about the old world runs through the group, even if they weren’t alive to see it. They might collect old world artifacts, try to take after what they think are old world values, or have an unrealistic drive to rebuild the old world somehow.

So they're Xenophobic Settlers with a fetish for the Old World? Intriguing... Roll 2d100 for Distinctive Appearance, rerolling if you get Punk.
>>
Rolled 3, 54 = 57 (2d100)

>>1611873
>>
Rolled 23, 89 = 112 (2d100)

>>1611873
>>
>>1611869

Sure thing.

>>1611870

It's no trouble, we'll use it later and I'm really liking how this is starting to turn out. If we get Road Warriors, we should really roll up a Raider Faction to keep things balanced.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1611875
Oh god punks again.
>>
>>1611881
Swaddled and Body of Knowledge are a really good combination.
>>
>>1611875
>>1611876

> Swaddled: Wrapped up in distinctive trappings, these people’s skin is rarely actually seen. Maybe enviroment suits they never take off their bodies, maybe cloth wraps all over themselves to protect from dust and grit like a desert nomad. In any case, they might be seen as exceptionally mysterious due to it.
> War Paint: When they go to battle, these people paint themselves, and maybe even their rides, in a distinctive style.

They swaddle themselves somehow, and paint themselves before battle. Roll 1d100 for Unique/Exclusive Resource, rerolling if you get Scrap or Guzzolene!
>>
>>1611884
Very interesting, yeah.
They probably want to keep their knowledge hidden. It goes well with xenophobia too.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>1611885
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>1611918
Re-roll
>>
>>1611884
>>1611886

If you want, we can go with that instead of Warpaint... Actually, you know what? I like it, I like it a lot, screw Warpaint, Body of Knowledge it is! And, as for resources...

>>1611881

> Breeders: It’s a grim truth. Humanity is sick, and very few are truly healthy. Those that can insure a stable next generation wield an immense amount of power. Be it men whose seed is exceptionally potent or women whose wombs are perfectly fertile. Depending on how they leverage it, either could become a commodity or royalty.

Whew, I'm getting all sorts of weird vibes from this, and that's not necessarily a bad thing...

Roll 1d100 for Equipment Quality!
>>
>>1611918
>>1611919

Whoops, I'm mobile-posting and you'd rolled before I finished typing. Sorry 'bout that.
>>
>>1611937

Hmm, my phone's dying and it's getting busy, I might have to finish this later. I'll try to keep rolling if I can though.
>>
>>1611937
I suggest you use their rolls (>>1611918 and >>1611919) for whatever is needed next and then we continue rolling as normal.
Just to be fair with everyone.
>>
>>1611937
Wait, I rolled 84 and that's water.
>>
>>1611941

I used >>1611881 this roll for resources because I hadn't noticed it, as for the next few rolls...

1d100 for Equipment Quality...

>>1611918

> Ramshackle: Armor is cobbled together, guns are hand tooled, and houses/clothes are generally not in the best state. Pretty standard for most people, unfortunately.

A shame, but... 1d100 for Motor Pool...

>>1611919

> Armored: Old world military or post apocalyptic designs. Incredibly tough, dependable, and powerful. Not the absolute fastest, but if you need to be secure getting somewhere? There are non-better.

Cool as shit. Roll 2d100 for Special Vehicle Shit!
>>
Rolled 59, 41 = 100 (2d100)

>>1611953
Give me something good
>>
>>1611959

Spiky and De-Construction Equipment, both stuff we've already got... Do you want to reroll or stick with it?
>>
Rolled 72, 3 = 75 (2d100)

>>1611961
Lets re-roll
>>
File: mad_max_fury_road_polecats.jpg (22KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
mad_max_fury_road_polecats.jpg
22KB, 620x368px
>>1611965

> Shiny and Chrome: The group takes exceptional care to polish their vehicles to a brilliant chrome shine. Blind your foes with your swag and the shiny paint seemingly correlates with higher skill among drivers. Choose to re-roll this or Black on Black if you get both.
> Polecats: Just watch Fury Road already, I don’t even know how to describe this.

If you aren't in the know, pic related are Polecats, they're designed to allow warriors to "safely" board nearby vehicles. Again, cool as shit. Roll 1d100 for Flagship Vehicle and then I must leave!
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>1611971
God, I loved Fury Road.
>>
>>1611977

Truly, it was a great work of our time. We got Legendary Car again, do you want to reroll, or stick with it? A word of warning my phone is on the verge of dying, if I disappear, don't panic.
>>
>>1611982
Idk, maybe let it for discussion, so when you come back we will probably decide what to do.
>>
>>1611984

Okey-dokey, I don't have time to tally it all up, so you guys get to fluffing this shit up without it. See ya later
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1611982
Reoll
>>
God fucking damn im loving this
>>
>>1612836
Cant wait till we start to play as one of them
>>
>>1611984
>Part-Lives: In this hell hole that makes them pretty damn healthy.
>Settlers: They just wanna be normies.
>Anarchy: So they're mutated Libertarians.
>Xenophobic: The only man fuckin my cousin is ME!
>Old World Blues: Leave it to Beaver but with more guns.
>Swaddled:They dress for success. And for survival.
>Body of Knowledge: So you don't forget your cousin-wife's birthday.
>Breeders: Their ladies are bashful in public but are beasts in the sheets.
>Ramshackle: It aint much, but it's theirs dammit.
>Armored: For those family vacations to where the zoo used to be. No rad badgers getting in this van.
>Shiny and Chrome: A space age look for a stone age lifestyle.
>Polecats: For dealing with those shitty outsider drivers personally.
>Destruction vehicle: It was used to help build stuff, it works just as well in destroying stuff too.

So my take on this faction is that they're a group of settlers that want to bring back the days of those old sitcom families. They would reside in an old world neighborhood, with each house being run by a 'Dad' or 'Pop'. Other than the occasional town meeting, they just stick to running their own homes. They'd wear raggedy old world clothed over hazmat suits or gas masks. They have plenty of breeders but only share them with other homes in the neighborhood, mostly those within the same cul-de-sac.
>>
>>1613031
Thet tend to completely cover their bodies with whatever is available, but only when going outside.
Inside their homes, they tend to show much more skin, especially because many of them will mark their skin with knowledge of the old world. Flags, textbook paragraphs, important years of american history, the story of their people and so on.
Also, the "Pops" and their "Honeys" are usually chosen by fertility. Those who can further the bloodline will get leadership of the home.

For a name, I'm thinking simply "The Good Neighbors" or "The People Next Door"
>>
>>1613215
The Neighbors would be a good name
>>
Current Megapolis locations of note:
The River- a wide river that runs through the middle of The City
The 'Mire: A quagmire, difficult to traverse. Somewhere on the border?
[A tall thing]: tbd
The Campus: An autoyard and the neighboring charter school, likely some "dorms" as well, situated at the end of The River, home to the Schoolboys
The Thunder Roads: Wherever the Thunderstruck go, their burning trails mark their passing.
The Neighborhood: A surprisingly well-preserved, if run-down, suburban area, home to The Neighbors. May or may not have Toxic Air.
>>
OKAY EVERYBODY, GUESS WHO'S BACK???

It's me, I'm back, back from a long and busy workday, and ready to iron out the rest of these factions, we've got 3 so far, we've got 2 more to go!

>>1612836
>>1612949

And I can't wait to run this quest!

>>1613031
>>1613215
>>1613339

Kickass lore everybody, I'm lovin it. So, we've got the Schoolboys, the Thunderstruck, and the Good Neighbors/People Next Door, great! We're making progress, let's make some more!

We're going to roll up some Road Warriors, as per (>>1611851) Apart from that, anything can happen!

Roll 1d100 for Genetic Makeup!
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1613956
>>
>>1614004

> Part-Lives: The general norm, people die of cancer or other genetic problems fairly young but some make it to old age. Wouldn’t appear too ugly or malformed by today’s standards, but certainly not the cream of the crop physically.

Part-Lives, can't say I'm not surprised! They're Road Warriors by default. Roll 1d100 for Leadership Type!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1614024
>>
>>1614030

Yet another Dictatorship, who'd've thunk it? Roll 2d100 for Cultural Quirks!
>>
Rolled 25, 93 = 118 (2d100)

>>1614063
>>
>>1614075

Motor Worship and Old World Blues... Do you want to reroll or stick with it?
>>
Rolled 24, 78 = 102 (2d100)

>>1614084
I'd prefer re-rolling.
Having a diverse cast of factions would definitely be more interesting.
>>
Rolled 22, 17 = 39 (2d100)

>>1614084
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>1614122
>>1614275

They're Bloodthirsty, which makes sense for a group of morally questionable vigilantes. You both rolled Motor Worship three times, so I'll roll again.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>1614328

Fug, Old World Blues. I know it's cheesy, but I'll roll one last time.
>>
OK, here are the reroll's results:

>>1614122
>>1614275
>>1614328
>>1614333

> Bloodthirsty: Exceptionally violent and with a taste for gore. These psychos often paint with the blood of their foes and like to maximize the amount of it spraying at any given time. Make use of exceptionally brutal weapons to cause the most carnage.
> Distinctive Icon: A motif or symbol runs throughout the groups structures, clothes, and vehicles. Maybe it’s a specific animal or object, or maybe it’s something less specific like bullets or flames.

They're Bloodthirsty and have a Distinctive Icon of some kind, short, sweet, and to the point, I like it. Roll 2d100 for Distinctive Appearance, rerolling if Punk!
>>
Rolled 58, 64 = 122 (2d100)

>>1614346
>>
>>1614354

> Uniforms: Standardized appearance across the group and it’s leadership. Makes your group seem more cohesive, but can be hard to maintain.
> Gas Masks: Never seen without their masks, they might have a single distinctive style or just whatever they find. In either case, it certainly makes for an imposing appearance in most situations. Maybe they only do it for that intimidation factor, maybe it’s because they live in a particularly nasty patch.

Damn, I'm getting the impression these dudes are some particularly edgy motherfuckers, not that that's a bad thing! Roll 1d100 for Unique/Exclusive Resource, rerolling if Scrap!
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>1614386
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>1614386
inb4 motor worship again
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1614407
inb4 scrap again
>>
File: 1494515321099.gif (796KB, 498x466px) Image search: [Google]
1494515321099.gif
796KB, 498x466px
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>1614406
>>1614407

Mudderfugger, eben moar scrab :DDD DD
>>
>>1614415
>>1614421

Hmm, quick vote, do they have Breeders or do they have Power?
>>
>>1614426
Voting Power since we already got the Good Neighbors with Breeders
>>
>>1614437

I'm down with that, any objections?
>>
>>1614426
I guess power would make more sense, but having a group of fertile bloodthirsty amazonian murdercops sounds pretty cool too.
>>
>>1614426
Il go with power just so theres differnt things going around
>>
>>1614437
>>1614461
>>1614483

So that's 2 votes for, 1 vote neutral? Power it is! Roll 1d100 for Motor Pool!
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>1614507
inb4 scrap worship
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1614507
All about that scrap
>>
>>1614514
>>1614526

> Classics: Muscle Cars, roadsters, and trucks. The standard rides for most in the wasteland. Tough, reliable, and intimidating.

The Schoolboys are already driving Classics, but we can differentiate between the two fairly easily. I'm thinking the Schoolboys drive vans, pickup trucks, and mini-buses, while this faction drives muscle cars, jeeps, and maybe souped-up golf carts. Anyhow, wait, wait JUST ONE FUCKING MINUTE, WE MISSED A SPOT!!!

Before we can go on, Roll 1d100 for Equipment Quality!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>1614570
inb4 inb4
>>
>>1614603

Ramshackle for the third time. Hmm, do you want to reroll or stick with it?
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>1614637
inb4 x infinity
>>
>>1614658

> Old World: Armor is either as good as or from old world police stockpiles, guns are actually pre-apocalypse quality, and they live in pre-war/quality buildings. Clothes are still pretty shabby and hand made though by our standards, but very good by post apocalyptic ones.

Old World-tier, respectable. I need to go handle something, it'll take a few hours, it's late where I live, and we'll have to resume tomorrow. Sorry about that.
>>
>>1614673
Good sleeps op. Your enthusiasm and energy will make this quest great.
>>
>>1614673
A roll for the next thing when OP wakes up
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1615762
And I forgot the roll. Fuck me.
>>
>>1615764
Lol
>>
File: 1498250390921.jpg (234KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498250390921.jpg
234KB, 1280x720px
OK I'm awake, let's get back to rolling up these Factions!

>>1614832

Thank you, it was excellent.

>>1615762
>>1615764
>>1615796

The next thing to roll was Special Vehicle Shit, and you rolled De-Construction Equipment! Do you want to reroll or stick with it?
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>1615846
May as well try the reroll
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>1615846
Damm now im at work
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>1615857
>>1615861

Black on Black and Shiny and Chrome, both are incompatible. The Good Neighbors already have Shiny and Chrome vehicles so we'll go with Black on Black instead! I'm rolling for the second.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>1615864

Fug, one moar
>>
>>1615857
>>1615861
>>1615864
>>1615866

> Black on Black: Your come in any colour so long as it’s black. Stealthier at night, and more intimidating during the day. The black paint also seemingly correlates with higher skill among drivers. Re Choose to re-roll this or Shiny and Chrome if you get both.
> Harpoons/Grapplers: The ability to keep your vehicular prey where you can kill it is an important ability, and what’s more is that if you’re actually faster you can then drag the slower vehicle behind you.

Nice! Roll 1d100 for their Flagship Vehicle!
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1615870
We're getting some interesting motherfuckers
>>
>>1615873

Hmm, Concert On Wheels, do you want to reroll or stick with it?
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>1615879
I liked the idea of The Thunderstruck being the only ones to have that.
Re-rollan.
>>
>>1615887

Hmm, another Legendary Car, do you want to reroll or stick with it?
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>1615889
Legendary car does give more room for difference.
I'll reroll one last time, and if it is something we already have we can stick with Legendary Car.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1615894

Another Legendary Car, I'll roll once myself and that's that.
>>
>>1615950

> War Rig: Huge, heavily armoured, able to carry a ton of cargo, and manned/gunned like a fortress. War Rigs command the roads, and anyone who’s anyone has one. Generally made of a truck or two stapled together, but other bodies are possible. A combine for example.

War Rig! Fitting enough, I'll tally up the roll results and we can get to fluffing 'em out!
>>
Faction 4

> Part-Lives: Their genetics are better than average, but worse than normal
> Dictatorship: One man with a plan
> Bloodthirsty: BLOOD FOR ITS OWN SAKE!
> Distinctive Icon: To them, [Insert_Icon] is sacred
> Uniforms: Neat, pressed, and proper sir
> Gas Masks: You can't see their faces, or their smiles
> Power: Less BZZZZAAAAPPPP, more hot pockets
> Classics: Their rides are oldies but they're goodies
> Old World: Their gear is almost professionally made
> Black on Black: They are the night, if the night was a car
> Harpoons/Grapplers: They aren't hunting whales, but, close enough
> War Rig: Makes raiders second-guess themselves

OK, now let's start fluffing 'em out!
>>
>>1616026
maybe some kind of animal theme, like spiders? Would fit the harpoons and bloodthirsty ideal, and they could decorate their gas masks to have fangs and a bunch of eyes
>>
>>1615894
(This anon speaking)

>>1616026
Okay, I got something for these guys.
They have taken the good old 007 style and twisted it for the apocalypse. They all wear suits and ties, topped off by well kept, black gas masks. Their "Icon" is, of course, the suit and tie.
They drive black muscle cars, but try to make them as sleek and shiny as possible, just like the spies of old.
Their leader, The Bond, keeps the faction together, acting like the leader of their "righteous organization", trying to keep the roads safe.
Despite this, however, they tend to get rather... Bloodthirsty during combat. Nobody really knows who they are or where they come from, so the reason for that is a huge mistery.

>>1616030
I like this idea, so maybe they follow a "spiderweb" structure, with The Bond at the centre of it all, as it is him who moves all the pieces. And their Icon could be a web, if you guys like it more.

For a name, I suggest "The Ties"
>>
>>1616026
>>1616030
>>1616047
>Power
>[Tall Thing]
>Mysterious purpose and webs.
Somewhere on a hill in the Megacity is a huge satellite dish, possibly surrounded by a field of solar cells and smaller dishes. This is where they are based, and where their power and gear come from. And maybe their purpose...
>is it aliums? A network of similar cells around the world? Some jackass with a ham radio? Who knows, is a mystery

Why not call them the Double Ohs? Also, do we think the River is big enough for their War Rig to be a smallish gunship?
>>
>>1616113
Helios One sounds like a good setting for them

don't think we can do a gunship, I imagine the river is a lot smaller than it was back before the apocalypse. There's still a small river, but it's at the bottom of a deep ravine.
>>
>>1616113
Oh, I definitely like Double Ohs more.
Actually, I love everything you came up with.The gunship too. Definitely good ideas.
>>
>>1616139
And all there names are agent smith or some thing
007; or 47
And jt could have somwthing to do with ranking
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.