[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awake, Episode 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13

File: Awake-016.png (639KB, 699x816px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-016.png
639KB, 699x816px
And now on to episode 2 of AWAKE, a quest about hope, monsters, and psychologically brutalizing the main character with trial and error decisions.

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Awake%20Quest
Previous Episode: >>157119
QM Twitter: @suckbruise

--=--

Last Time -
You woke in a "cave" of putrid water, and against your better judgement decided to wander towards the back of the cave rather than out. You were confronted by some massive worms, the brief fight leaving you with some nasty scraped up skin. Upon leaving the cave, you find you'd been inside a dead massive beast in the bottom of a silo. You have climbed up the beast's body to get a better vantage point, and spotted a ladder leading out of the silo.

You have no possessions, you are naked. You do not know your name or how you ended up here, your last memory being that you were chased by something rather large.

--=--

With a determined glint in your weary eyes, you finish climbing the beast in order to scramble down the other side. It's much more steep than you imagine on the other side. The deteriorated flesh wrinkles easily and you're able to slow your fall, but the last five feet are unkind.

(1/2)
>>
File: Awake-017.png (474KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-017.png
474KB, 972x668px
The ladder is made of rebar and the climb hurts your hands, pinching at your palms and bruising the bottom of your feet as you haul yourself upwards. Now that your eyes have adjusted to the harsh light above the silo, you can see that above you is a very large sky light of sorts. It's broken in places and some vines have grown through . It's several stories above you, no way you could reach those. The fresh air, however, lifts your spirits and clears your head of fog.

> [ Write In ]

(2/2
>>
>>160414
> [ Search rim of silo, see if a ladder down to outside. ]
>>
>>160414
Check out that ID card
>>
>>160414
See if there is something surrounding the area, any other landmarks near the silo.
they aren't usually open top like this.
>>
File: Awake-018.png (394KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-018.png
394KB, 972x668px
>>160507

(1/2)
You pick up the lanyard and key card. It belongs to a Bailee K, she looks young and full of enthusiasm. The card itself has some scratches on it, and smells lightly of a cheap floral perfume.
Bailee's key card added to inventory.
>>
File: Awake-019.png (465KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-019.png
465KB, 972x668px
>>160454
>>160589

(2/2)

With the card around your neck, you start to carefully pace the lip of the silo. A small, brisk gust of wind whistles through the broken sky-light and it brings the scent of rain with it.

You find some metal stairs that wrap around the silo's base. The building you're in looks like a massively oversized greenhouse- it's been reclaimed by some of the plants that were grown here. A large dogwood is wistfully reaching for the sky near the center of the room.

> [ Write in. ]
>>
>>160701
Stairs!
>>
>>160701
Find the exit
>>
>>160701
cover our genitals with a plant like in the cartoons.
>>
>>160914
Am I allowed to change my response to this??? Because second.
>>
File: Awake-020.png (603KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-020.png
603KB, 972x668px
You decide to preserve your modesty, since the key card means there might be other (living) beings in this facility. At least, hopefully people beings.

You make your way down the stairs along the side of the silo, and tentatively step onto the ground. Dust grits beneath your toes, and despite the broken sky light you don't see evidence of glass on the ground.

You pluck some long fronds from a blooming plant and fashion yourself a grass skirt of sorts. It feels a little clunky against your skin, but provides some coverage. You were feeling a little exposed!

The scrapes from the worm attack sting and smell like fresh wounds, some of the deeper rakes still weep a few pearls of blood, but it's nothing you can't ignore.
>>
>>161021
maybe put mud on the wounds?

either way we should continue out those double doors at the end of the hall.
>>
File: Awake-021.png (453KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-021.png
453KB, 972x668px
The rumble of rain approaches. You spent a couple hours making that grass skirt, and the grey, milky light outside is starting to fade.

> [ Leave the greenhouse. ]
> [ Explore the greenhouse. ]
> [ Examine nearby flora. ]
> [ Write in. ]
>>
>>161046
>Try and fashion a spear using materials laying around.
>>
>>161046
Explore the greenhouse in preparation for settling in for the night. We probably need rest.
>>
>>161046
LEAVE IT
>>
>>161046
Leave!
>>
File: Awake-022.png (394KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-022.png
394KB, 972x668px
> [ Leave the greenhouse. ]
A bit of cold mud from the long, rectangular planters gets splattered to your stinging wounds. It's cold, but the stinging starts to subside. It has a very rich, earthy smell to it and it hides the stink of stagnant water and rotted flesh on you, as well as the fresher smell of raw wounds.

You head towards the large set of double doors at the end of the greenhouse. They swing towards you on well oiled hinges. Cool, dry air mixes with the humid air of the greenhouse and causes you to shiver. Your grass skirt rustles a bit. It seems miraculously clean in the wide, tall hall. Directly across from you is a sign with a few arrows on it and some words. The words seem to shiver and jump around in your vision from this distance. The lights are out, and it's very dark in there.

The hall to your left seems to continue around the corner. To your right looks like two doors, an elevator, and a water fountain.

> [ Go left. ]
> [ Go right. ]
> [ Inspect the sign. ]
> [ Write in. ]
>>
>>161158
Inspect that sign and go left
>>
>>161158
Read the sign.
>>
File: Awake-023.png (510KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-023.png
510KB, 972x668px
[ > Inspect the sign. ]

You take a few steps across the hall into the cool, dark hallway. You can now inspect the sign without the letters wiggling about in the gloom.

> [ Head left. ]
> [ Head right. ]
>>
>>161332
Elevators
>>
>>161332
> Elevators
>>
>>161332
Elevators
>>
>>161332
Elevators.
I'm kind of sure they won't work to.
>>
>>161332
> Head Left
We just got here and all you guys already want to leave?
>>
>>161384
Why stay down with the monsters ?
>>
File: Awake-024.png (449KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-024.png
449KB, 972x668px
[ > Right - To the elevators. ]

You head right, avoiding the darkness of the other route in favor of the more familiar water fountain and elevator.
This could be your only way out of this place. Or at least it could get you somewhere away from that beast and those worms.

You press the button- the only option is the up arrow. To your surprise, it dings loudly. The sound has a sad trill to it, slightly off key. It's jarring, as you've been in silence this whole time.

The doors open and the small box is lit with a dim security light. There are only three buttons here, aside from the usual elevator buttons.

> [ L ]
> [ G* ] (It's safe to assume this is the level you're currently at.)
> [ B ]
>>
>>161405
>B

Assuming basement
>>
>>161405
> L
>>
>>161405
>L
Asusming LOVE
>>
File: Awake-025.png (504KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-025.png
504KB, 972x668px
[ > L ]

The button dings and a deep, oily voice oozes through a small speaker on the wall.

>"Lobby. Please hold the hand rail. The lift will be moving in 3... 2..."

(1/3)
>>
File: Awake-026.png (417KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-026.png
417KB, 972x668px
The lift jolts sideways and you're thrown off your feet, crumpling awkwardly into the corner. Since when did lifts ever go sideways? You bumped your head, but otherwise nothing is wounded save for your pride.

(2/3)
>>
File: Awake-027.png (508KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-027.png
508KB, 972x668px
The tired ding sounds out as soon as the lift slows to a standstill. With a hiss of air, the doors open up to show you to a clean, expansive lobby. You can hear thunder and the distant roar of a torrential downpour. The lobby is bright white and pristine, with modern furniture dotting the floor. There is a large circular front desk, and two more elevators behind the front desk. You are arriving from the left side of the lobby. The front has metal covers over the floor-to-ceiling windows, the door appears to be locked shut with a chain.

(3/3)

> [ Check the front desk. ]
> [ Check the front door. ]
> [ Explore the lobby. ]
>>
>>161517
Check front desk !
>>
So that's why you took so long!

>>161522
Check the front desk!
>>
File: Awake-028.png (472KB, 972x668px) Image search: [Google]
Awake-028.png
472KB, 972x668px
[ > Check the front desk. ]

You shuffle out of the elevator and decide that the door looks too plainly locked to bother with. You most definitely don't have a key on you- though perhaps the front desk has some better options.

On your way to the lobby, you take in the fine details of the lobby. It's so clean, it really feels surreal. You woke in a dead, rotting beast. You're naked, you smell like rot and blood and dirt.

You get behind the desk and start to poke around. Lots of pens, papers, going through the files you spy a lot of "applications for residency" and allotted grants to names you don't recognize. A lot of scientific babble that goes over your head.

You shake the mouse at the computer, but the systems appear to be powered down-

>"Oh, I thought you were another monster."

The voice is startling and sweet, nervously pitched high and coming from around your kneecaps. You leap back and peer under the desk, and are met with the face of a young woman. She has mousy brown hair and a thin, small nose. He skin is tan, but you can't see her too well under there.

>"My name is Kara Bailee. You're not gonna hurt me, are you?"

--=--

Ending session for tonight. Thank you for playing! I will start this up in a couple days again, and announcing when I'll be starting on my twitter.
Good night!
>>
>>161601
Cute! Thanks for running! =w=
>>
A few words of advice cause I like the quest:
- prompts with left or right choice are a basic mistake if the players don't have any idea what there is in those direction. Same for the elevator
- don't make a prompt that is "look at object/explore shit/ask questions" unless the time we have is limited or the person won't just answer everything; just give the players as much information as you want them to have.
>>
>>161841
Oooh thank you so much for the critique! I will definitely keep this in mind, thank you. I've only ever done large text RPGs so this style is slightly new to me. Thank you so much for leaving me some advice, I'll implement it next session!
>>
>>161856
Adding a bit of nuance to the (generally good) advice: Too much information can also be a bad thing. You can assume that people would use the general "look at" command on everything, but anything that cannot be found out in a few seconds should (usually) require specific commands.
>>
Yo OP I have a tip
You should post about new thread in last one if it's still alive
>>
>- don't make a prompt that is "look at object/explore shit/ask questions" unless the time we have is limited or the person won't just answer everything;
how did you come up with this?
>>
>>180907
Experience, mostly. It's really boring, because you basically have to vote for exposition rather than just having it served. Of course, it's only a general advice, sometimes the wording of the question or what exactly you're looking for are important to the story/plot, but it generally isn't. If it's just exposition, then the QM should give what he wants to give. If a QM makes me vote to describe a blank room of 4x4x2.5m, with a bed and a bidet, I will shoot them in the face.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.