[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval Count thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 2

File: Gravensteen,_Gent.jpg (170KB, 1024x718px) Image search: [Google]
Gravensteen,_Gent.jpg
170KB, 1024x718px
The year is 769, the year of Charlemagne and the apex of the Umayyads and Abbasids. Germanic and Slavic tribes reign in the north and east and the fledgling petty kingdoms of England, Scotland and Ireland have just formed.
You have just acquired land and the title of Count!
Work your way up the ranks until you become a king of your own! Will you be a just and honorable vassal to your lord? Will you rebel and carve out your own kingdom? Will you turn your small piece of land into a new Venice or will you allow the Holy Ruler to stake his claim in your land to create a theocracy? The choice is yours!

First off, where did you inherit your land?
We'll start big scale first:
>Europe
>Middle East
>North Africa
>Anatolia
>Eastern Europe
>India
>>
>>159769
Europe
>>
Rolled 6 (1d7)

>>159769

Rolling a d7 to decide
>>
>>159782

Eastern Europe
>>
>>159769
India
>>
I will give it five more minutes for people to decide, than I will do a roll based on these three decisions.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

rolling a d6 for final decision
>>
>>159841
Eastern Europe it is! Choose what "country" your count, or should I say now, petty chief is residing in.
>Poland
>Lithuania
>Hungary
>Russia
>Croatia
>Serbia
>>
>>159769
Europe
>>
>>159866
>Poland
>>
>>159866
Poland (ofc duh)
>>
From nowhere i want to play aoe 2
>>
>>159866
Russia (Kiev)
>>
Shit guys, I am sorry, I gotta go now. I WILL continue this tomorrow. Don't abandon faith, I am not gonna be the shitty ass OP who will abandon thread.
>>
>>159897
Seeya bro. im out since tomorrow ill be not here
>>
>>159866
>Poland
>>
I am up super early. All are welcome to join today!
>>
>>161662
POOLAND
>>
It's looking pretty overwhelming for Poland!

What is your name (nothing silly, please.)

and how did you inherit your land and title of High Chief?
>A: born into it, inherited
>B: won in 1v1 combat
>C: given to you by it's previous ruler
>D: "the Slavic faith required these lands"
>E: Traded with other tribes and people around you to acquire the wealth for it
>>
Good name generator for Polish names

http://www.behindthename.com/random/
>>
>>161668

Władysław Bartosz

Usually when I play CK2 I always give titles to comanders and men with high marshal skill

So B
>>
>>161672
I was also gonna say that ck2 has a fantastic name generator as well!
>>
Just gonna wait on one or two more people to show up.
>>
Bump for interest! Gonna be a Slavic Polish chief!
>>
>C: given to you by it's previous ruler

Alfons Wiktor
>>
>>161668
>B: won in 1v1 combat

Bruno Krzesimir
>>
Two for B and one for C! It's looking like a warchief!
>>
Looks like we're going with B!

It's a cold, windy and cloudy October day. The last of the harvest is coming in and the people are preparing themselves for a long, cold winter.

Gniezno, the land you won by blood-right from the old chieftain, is yours. You are, Bruno Krzesimir, a 26 year old tall, hulking example of a man with short, coarse black hair and brown eyes. He seems to tower over most men but besides being tall and strong, he is also surprisingly agile. With a piercing gaze, he strikes fear into most men and has since he was first considered a man. He is short of patience but willing to listen to the sage's advice, he is more a man of action than planning however. He rules as he sees fit, dispensing justice to those he deems necessary.

The High Priest begins the "coronation" of your opole (a concentration of multiple tribes in one territory) with a blessing from Piorun, Jaryło, and Dadźbóg. A large feast is held in your name and the merriment lasts the night. The next day however, is your first day of true responsibility, you are childless, wifeless and your neighbors in Pomerania, Kuyavia, Sieradzko, Leczyckie, Silesia and Cieszyn vie for your territory one way or another.

What do you focus on first:
>A: Lineage
>B: "Army"
>C: Development
>D: Politics
>E: Diplomacy and War
>>
>>162172
>>
>>162172
>Lineage
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

Rolling for nubile female!
>>
>>162230
Not a single acceptable female is found in your lands nor in any of the surrounding territories! You are unable to acquire a suitable wife as of right now and will unfortunately have to wait until one is available!

Bruno is furious!
"Are you telling me that you couldn't even find a GIRL?!!" He sends a plate flying across the room.
"S-sir, you are a chief now. No peasant girl is going to suffice, you have to find a bride worthy of your stature." your statesman whimpers. A small, scrawny man of the age to be considered useless.
"I need sons!!! How am I going to pass this land on if I have NO ONE TO GIVE IT TO?!!"
"Just...give it due time. I promise you, we'll find you a bride."
"You'd better, or I swear to and all the gods, I WILL have your head on a spike!"

What do you do now?
>A: Army
>B: Development
>C: Politics
>D: Diplomacy and War
>>
>>162251

B

What do the people need and how to get it for them?
>>
>>162263
Nvm that, thought you were doing something else.

>>162251
>>B: Development
>>
>>162251
>>
There are several routes you can take. It is nearing winter and the harvest IS in. However, you're people are completely undefended from neighboring tribes, the only "roads" you have are the paths your people know across the plains and woods, you have one well you're people have used for the last century, the tools and weapons need repairing, some of your people don't even have a proper home in your lands. Some just live in make-shift sod and thatch huts far away from you. Also there have been sightings of wolves around your main throne settlement (considering you hold sway over many tribes in Gniezno.)

Based on this info, be a council and decide what would be best to tackle first.
>>
>>162288
Our first priority should be to repair tools and weapons. After that, we can build another well and proper homes.
>>
>>162251
>Development
>>
>>162288
Fix up, and repair our tools and weapons. Then use the tools to build a road. Which we can use to facilitae easier improvements to our subjects as they are more accessible.
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

"We'll focus on the repairs of our weapons and tools first! Make them ready for the next season and keep those weapons at the ready! We never know who may be watching..."
>>
The smith is a very experienced man of 63 years.
He's been making tools for as long as you're grandfather was around. You're tools are repaired to the best of their condition but now you are torn between housing and sanitation or roads...
>>
>>162393
Let's go with roads
>>
>>162393
Roads, where are we gonna dump it? between the trees and allover ourselves? Sanitations that is.

And building houses become easier if you can bring in equipment and materials without pesky things like trees, uneven ground.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

Work on the roads begin, your people are preparing the initial dig. The ground isn't hard yet, but soon will.
>>
It's hard work, but over the course of the month, your people have connected your throne settlement to a nearby settlement of fishermen. You've gained easy access to fish from Jelonek Lake and as such, relations between the Jelonek people and yours will steadily improve.

7th of November, 769
What will you focus on now?
>A: Development
>B: Army
>>
>>162452
>B. Army

what is the state of it specifically?
>>
>>162452
>>
>>162452
Or militia. We just need to be able to defend ourselves for now.
>>
As of right now, you can muster together from all the tribes in your land: 315 light infantry, 75 archers and your 20 honor guard (heavy infantry). However, over the course of time and with the right training and needs, your army will grow!

We'll just call your main settlement Dom for the Polish word for Home.

In Dom you have: 40 light infantry, 10 archers and 5 of your trusted companions.

You can choose to build better facilities, more weapons, better armor, training etc. The choice is yours when it comes to what you should think of what to do next. I am just here to roll event rolls and keep the narrative going.
>>
>>162472
Let's train some more troops.
>>
>>162472
Training

Are we aware of the size of the other tribes forces?
>>
>>162472
>Build Parade ground
So we can train troops.
>>
lets drill some of em
maybe the elite could teach something to the others
foreign trainers could be useful
if we have contact with more military advanced realms, we can call them
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>162490
Keep in mind that you're starting off as a leader of a small realm of about 2500 people. If you were to send a scout out you could MAYBE find out your neighbor's forces. You do have good ideas, so save them for later! The first one COULD apply so I am using part of that as the event.

"How's the state of our forces Borzysław? I want them always prepared for anything." Bruno asks.
"Well, they could be better." your marshal replies with honest hesitance in his voice. Your marshal isn't the biggest or strongest man, but he has been in more fights than years you've lived doubly.
"They could use some more training to be honest."

"Then train them, I want our men in top condition. Bończa! Czcibor! I want you two to help our marshal here, you've fought many battles with me you two, see to it that the men are prepped.
"Aye, Bruno. I'll see to it that these worms are good and proper by the end."
>>
with that done, lets get some better equipment for the lads
>>
11th of January, 770

The winter drudges ever onward, your people going about their business. Some selling cheeses here, some selling salted meats there, all around you are sights and smells of a winter market.

In the background,Bończa and Czcibor are busy training all able-bodied men in combat.
In just two months, they went from peasants to soldiers.

"Proud of you two, honestly! These dogs look like they can finally hold up a sword now!"

What do you focus on next?

>C: Army
>>
>>162525
>>
>>162525
>E

Let's see if we could ally with some neighboring tribes
>>
>>162525
What? No warning winter was coming? Fix up the houses, make it so that everyone who has a mud or thatch hut, is at least warm and doesn't let the cold in.
>>
>>162525
>Diplomacy and War
Political marriage.
>>
>>162525
e, allies are important
>>
>>162525
Bruno needs to father some sons STAT
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>162535
>>162544
>>162547
For E

>>162535
>>162577
>>162544 (sort of)
for A

rolling a d6 for tie breaker
>>
>>162586
Keep in mind alliances weren't just forged from marriage. It could have been through political standing, maybe the two leaders got along etc.
>>
>>162586
epic
>>
>>162586
lol nice one.
>>
Going with E

To the north of you are the Pomeranian lands owned by the High Chief of Pomerania, Przemyśl z Kessini. To the direct east of you is the independent opole of Kujawy, headed by Witosz Kujawski. To your west is the lands of Poznan and Kalisz, owned by High Chief Dobieslaw Choscisko. All three have distinct advantages and disadvantages to choosing one and you will find them out once you choose one.
>>
>>162602
Let's go with High Chief Dobieslaw Choscisko.
>>
>>162602
>High Chief of Pomerania, Przemyśl z Kessini
>>
>>162611
>>162611
second.
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

The High Chief of Poznan and Kalisz is a very prestigious man, one held in high regard among the Slavic tribes in the surrounding area. Some have even gone far as to call him King Dobieslaw! He is, like you however, a wrathful, impatient man. Prone to outbursts of violence, he is a man to be tread lightly around...
>>
>>162646
Looks like we have a new friend
>>
You enter the Great Hall of Dobieslaw, you see the White Axe hanging on the wall, an ancient symbol of this man's lineage.

"I see you've won the lands of my dear, old friend Doman, how unfortunate for him. Still, an old man should know better than to try and fight for his right to land...but I can see you are a man of great foresight! What compelled you to build a large path from the lake people to your home is beyond my understanding but now, I have never seen more fish come through my halls than ever before, and for that I thank you!"

"You seem like a capable man, a strong man, a smart man! I need more men like you with me!

What do you reply with?

Going out for food will be back in an hour!
>>
>>162676
Fuck you dude I'm not a baby

Don't talk to me like that
>>
>>162676
You got it wrong pal, you should be asking what YOU can do for ME
>>
>>162676
I appreciate your praise, Chief Choscisko. I believe that an alliance between the two of us would be most beneficial.
>>
>>162676
>>162693
This
>>
ill appease him, but ill stay a little bit agressive and proud to show that im made of hard wood
>>
thanks for recieving me into your halls, great chief
lets get to the point, i need good men by my side, just like you, and i've heard of your feud against other tribes
they are weak, we are strong. together, we'll bring them to their knees
>>
>>162693
>>162828

Combine these two. We should probably team up and conquer the weakest local tribe to show everyone we mean business.
>>
I hath returned! I will read over the replies now!
>>
"Hmmm..." he scratches at his chin, obviously lost in thought. "I like your line of thinking. I've been sitting in this hall for many a year, defending against these insidious raiders. It's about time I gain a friend out of this! Plus, you've got me more of my favorite fish to my lands!"

"You keep doing that, and I think you and I are going to get along just fine!"

While you stay and feast in the halls of Choscisko, what do you assign your council to do?

>A: Lineage (or find suitable bride I guess)
>D: Politics (I should clarify this category, think of it as domestic occurrences while diplomacy and war are out of borders.)
>>
>>162869
>A: Lineage (or find suitable bride I guess)
>>
>>162869
D

Get to know our local leaders and industries in this time period.

We need to do basic development and economy type stuff first.
>>
>>162875

We should hold off on the marriage thing until we're much more powerful.

If we marry now, we'll lose out on a lot of better options when we're more established
>>
>>162869
>>162883
That makes sense. I'll switch my vote to D then.
>>
>>162869
>D: Politics (I should clarify this category, think of it as domestic occurrences while diplomacy and war are out of borders.)
>>
>>162869
d: moar allies!
>>
The current political situation is actually quite tenuous. Many in your small realm haven't gotten to meet you, so all they think of you as is a simple peasant usurper of Doman's right to his land.

Having built a better pathway to Jelonek Lake and it's village, your relations with them have strengthened and as such you have a year round food supply.

The horsemen of Jankowo-Dolne have not yet recognized your authority and as such have been making "scare" skirmishes across your land. Taking a woman here, a sheep there.

Some however are true neutral, waiting to see how you rule before taking a side: The Winiary are farmers, The Osiniec are known to be excellent horsemen as well and the Dalki are great craftsmen (pottery, tools etc)

What do you do with this information? (This is an instance where you come up with something and I will roll for its success or failure!)
>>
>>162954
Confront the horsemen of Jankowo-Dolne about their actions and make them understand that you won't tolerate this kind of behavior.
>>
>>162954
So they have trespassed on our lands, stole livestock and kidnapped our subjects!
This will not stand!
Gather your best men, ride out to where this has been happening and speak to the locals, get to know them and the area, where they tend to come in from and what direction they leave in. Then ambush them when they enter our lands. I will opt to try and take them alive, but I will not make a serious effort to if they prove too difficult. Bring at least 100 men, our best.
>>
>>162954

>>162972

These guys are proud warriors and will react poorly to a confrontation.

Better to get everyone behind us and give them a chance to get behind us.

Let's call a meeting with the other three groups at a feast and ask them what they need and what we could help them with.
>>
>>163015
>proud warriors

They sound like common bandits to me, we should destroy them if they don't acknowledge our authority.
>>
>>163025

They're bandits until we can pay them to be soldiers. They're not really inflicting serious damage either.

I bet they'll join up once they hear we're conquering a local region with our new chieftain buddy.
>>
>>163015
THIS
>>
>>163015
I'll switch my vote to this.
>>
>>163015
agreed
those thieves will fall, but lets get the other families on our side first
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

Rolling for awesome feast!
>>
>>163015
And we are cowardly usurping pissant that would rather pay off raiders than show that we are capable of protecting our lands and people. Working with criminals like this will harm us in the long term.
>>
>>163069

Kek, slow down Ramsay Snow.

We're two months into the job and have barely trained peasants with shit tier equipment. Starting a pissing match with the local boys and destroying our good will with the people is just dumb
>>
The torches are lit, the food is prepared, your guests enter the hall...

First enters, strangely, a woman! Dressed in simple peasant garb, she looks no older than 35 but has the appearance of someone who has worked very hard all of their life.
"Bogna Sulewska, I'm the leader of the Winiary. They look at me as a sort of high mother of sorts. The truth is, I am just really good with plants in general!" She takes a seat, puts her feet up on the table and takes a large leg of pork right off and says to you in a muffled voice. "Nice place you have here! You see though, that's the problem!" she puts down the leg "You're up here with your meals ready for you, men ready to die for you and all the comforts the world can hand to you now but not once yet have you seen what are people live in, never mind what they piss into or wash in or anything!" she takes another bite, clearly she seems to be not that serious about this. "Listen, you're a new guy, I get it. All I ask of you is go around the place, meet a farmer or two! A little appreciation goes a long way!"

The next one approaches...

(I'm trying to do separate so I don't get word capped.)
>>
fucking peasants...
>>
>>163087

Well, no way that we're going out there ourselves.

But we could definitely send our best second in command of meet with the farmers and get a wish list.
>>
This man is actually quite familiar to you!

"Uncle!" you shout aloud.
In sharp contrast to yourself, Zelislaw Krzesimir is a short, stocky man, more wide than tall. A bald head, but a full, red beard and a crooked nose, the only similarity you share is your piercing eyes.

"I thought I'd never see the day when Witold's third son would grow up to become Chief of Gniezno." he approaches you with welcoming arms. "How's my favorite nephew?"
"I'm doing well, just, trying to sort out everything here." you tell him.
"Any young girls come your way yet?" he nudges you.
"Not yet, now that I am chief and all, I can't just go around and fuck every peasant girl I see."
"Isn't that what part of being chief is?! Don't you get to fuck EVERY girl now?!" he bellows out loud. "In do time boy, in due time! Now then, where's there something to drink around here?"

"Over here!" yells out Bogna.
"Aaaah, Bogna! Haven't seen you since you were a small girl! Now look at you!"

"Well, you know, girl's gotta work ESPECIALLY hard to get to drink with chiefs here right?!" she laughs.

"Well, you know how it is these days. Listen, Bruno, I wanted to know why you called me here...
>>
(I do apologize for my writing skills. Sometimes I get caught up and have no time to edit....shit happens I guess)
>>
>>163087
>>163126
Throw the peasant woman in the dungeon for trying to ruin your feast and humiliating you in front of the court
>>
>>163121
I think this reflects the fact we have yet to improve their housing or sanitation situation.

All we need to do to improve the farmers opinion of us is not tax them heavily, make sure they aren't attacked or raided and possibly help enhance their lives by creating irrigation systems across our nation plus other nice shit.
>>
>>163136
nice way to impose respect, but that will fuck us up
is the only connection we have with the commoners
>>
>>163087
>meet with the people.
which we would have done if we had gone with this >>163008
>>
>>163146
What are they gonna do, REVOLT?
>>
>>163137
this
lets give them some "welfare", medieval style
>>
>>163126
Tell your uncle that you are trying to get your subjects to unify under you and figured that he may be able to help.
>>
>>163152
that and they will cut our supplies out
after all, THEY do the work
>>
>>163136
>>163152

What's up with all this vlad the impaler posting?
>>
File: Many lels.gif (91KB, 231x199px) Image search: [Google]
Many lels.gif
91KB, 231x199px
Holy shit....4th wall break...I am dying from all these posts. My fucking sides...
>>
>>163160
i like it, he plays the mean and ruthless role
>>
The third man to enter is a strange looking man, with tufts of white hair sticking out all over the place and wearing mismatching clothing.
"So what is this I hear?! A meeting of sorts?! How lovely!" He immediately sets himself down and begins to stare at you, as if ready to be given an order.
>>
>>163087
>>163126
>>163176
As you send your guards to take the peasant woman away to the dungeon, begin to instill fear into the two men and command them to obey you. If they step out of line, it's the oubliette or worse. You use your tall and large frame to your advantage as you try to scare them
>>
welcome to my hall
i've arranged this meeting due to the frequent raids of the jankowo-dolne
as you can see, they are a danger to every one of us, they steal our goods and slay our people
if they maintain this attitude, chaos will prevail, and our deorganization will be exploited by nearby tribes, giving us more troubles
i wanted to invite you to form part of my court, and you can give me counsel and ask for help in anytime
>>
>>163176
Find out the man's name.
>>
>>163208

Backing this
>>
>>163209
this
>>163208
then something like this, but more imposing
it seems like you are begging for favour
>>
>>163208
Sure, but ask him name before welcoming him.
And speak more authoritative.
>>
"You there, old man. I didn't get your name."
"My name?! It's unimportant, what IS important however is the fact that my little cluster of people feel constantly threatened by being on the border of Poznan! Imagine the day in, day out, night after night paranoia that you feel when you think of nothing but the enemy at your doorstep!!!"

"Well, without just cause, I can not simply attack a force which is potentially better armed, better supplied and better trained! Sit down old man! I do not want to cause a rift between us but I can NOT have this blatant disrespect of my authority! You are called here because YOUR people have entrusted you with their burdens, now I wish to hear them. Take a seat, all of you."
"Now your name, or should I call you 'Old Man' the rest of your life?"
"Hmmm...err, uuuuh, it's....something!" scratching his head and revealing a very rotten set of teeth. "My name is....I REMEMBER! It's Miroslaw!"

"Well, Miroslaw, I have called you here because I would like to know what troubles your people? I am here to remedy what I can the best I can!"

"Weeeelll...the threat of Poznan is very real, and I think they are planning something too! Could you maybe build some defenses for us?"

"I told you what I want, Bruno. It's all we ask." Bogna replies.

Zelislaw quite frankly says "We need food, we haven't had a good season in 3 years! We're scraping a living off of rock and Doman had kept it that way after the feud between him and your father!"
>>
Which will you choose to focus on first?
>Bogna
>Miroslaw
>Zelislaw
>>
>>163268
>Bogna
Let's start with the easiest one
>>
>>163268
>Zelislaw

Food will benefit everyone.
>>
>>163268
Zelislaw

The others are cunts who should know their place
Our Uncle's pretty cool tho
>>
i would say miroslaw, that seems pretty urgent
but bognas deal looks something that can be done qnd
>>
miroslaw
zelislaw can be helped by bognas farmers and his warriors can help miroslaw
>>
>>163277
Could you specify who you're casting your vote for, please.
>>
>>163268
>Zelislaw
>Miroslaw
>Bogna
In that order.
>>
>>163268
>Miroslaw
A threat to our lands is important, if we can't protect this village what will the others think?
>>
>>163327
mmmmm
miroslaw
>>163358
this
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>163275
>>163276
>>163350
Zelislaw

>>163358
>>163311
>>163371
Miroslaw
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

"Miroslaw, prepare your people, I know they have the best skill with walls and I shall send you troops and workers."
>>
Hey guys, I am gonna call it a day. I am gonna eat and relax and shit. I will be here tomorrow! Thank you all for this! I promise, I am not a bad OP lol I will be back!
>>
see ya op
nice quest you made
>>
I am here now and will be for most of the day!
>>
>>166742
OP?....
>>
>>167162
Yes, gonna wait for a couple more people!
>>
>>167278
hello

we're all waiting
>>
Alright guys, gonna do a couple things around the house, have and bowl n' smoke and then I will be right back!
>>
Rolled 78, 34, 59 = 171 (3d100)

rolling for three stage palisade wall event.
>>
25th of February, 770

The Dalki people have gathered in the center to hear your commands

"I hear that the the people of Poznan have been causing you grief these past few years, due in no small part to your complete lack of defenses! I am here to see that this no longer is an issue! First off, why wasn't there a wall here in the first place?"

An old man hobbles up to you with the help of a cane and tells you, "Because every attempt made was met with death and pillaging! Many attempts to beat back the raiders have been made, but none have been successful..." the old man begins to sob "I lost three daughters to those vile men...we hope you do what's right."

Initial construction of the wall goes smoothly, the trench around the village is dug and the timber required is cut to precision.

However, several days later, when the time came to connect the logs, a fierce storm came blowing through and destroyed half of the timber supply making the construction of your wall an even more difficult task.

Having to make do with what they have, the Dalki managed to construct a sort of half wall fort of wood and hardened clay. It's nothing extraordinary, but it will provide better cover and a standing chance against the Poznan.

What do you choose to focus next?
>A: Continue "Peasant Quest"
>B: Lineage
>D: Development
>>
>>167428
Bruno still has no kids.
>>
>>167428

We'll build the wall, and Poznan is going to pay for it!
>>
>>167428
Build the wall right the first time.
>>
Choose between Bogna and Zelislaw

>Bogna wants inspired populace in exchange for support of farmers
>Zelislaw wants food in exchange for small cavalry force.
>>
>>167475
>Bogna wants inspired populace in exchange for support of farmers

And then we'll have food for the last part
>>
>>167475
>>167537
going with this.
>>
Rolled 61, 69, 44 = 174 (3d100)

Rolling for three part event
>>
>>167475
>>Zelislaw wants food in exchange for small cavalry force.
>>
2nd of March, 770

A warm sun greets the dawn as you ride into the Winiary people's village. A surprising temperature for this time of year, meaning an early spring may be coming.

"Hey there, over here!" yells out Bogna

"Glad you could finally make it, honest!" she exclaims "The people here have been real cold to your ascent to be honest again. What the best choice of action would be is to just, hold a small feast for the people, we have plenty of food and we can cook it ourselves, all we want is the hospitality of good food and mead with our new chief!"

"That seems...reasonable, actually." you say.

The preparations for the feast are going quite well, the farmers do have some skill with making food and the mead is absolutely divine.

With all the preparation work done, the feast begins. Some of the peasants begin drinking and having a great time.

"See, I told you this is all they wanted. The old chief was a fair man, but never really got to know his people. He just sort of...commanded them."

All of a sudden, a fight breaks out between a drunk peasant and guard in which the guard attempts to pull a knife from his boot but is tackled by the other peasant!

Having your other men separate the two, you get the full story out of the both of them, how the farmer thought he saw the guard eyeing his wife repeatedly and when he confronted him about it, the guard said "I wasn't eyeing your cow of a wife, I was looking at that precious daughter of yours, what is she, 14?"

How do you handle the situation, keep in mind this is a decision that could affect your reputation with Winiary people.
>>
Back hand the guard to the ground.
>>
>>167589
Is that considered inappropriate, looking lewdly at a 14 year old I mean. I assume not but still, if the guard is older than about 20 it is kinda creepy to me.

Assuming it is

"First off, guard apologise to this man, his wife and their daughter. Next, I want you to leave my employ, as you decided to draw a knife against an unarmed citizen of my kingdom.

Lastly, should you want to stay in my employ you will see yourself to trial by these lovely people. Whom i grant the right to do anything to him that won't cripple or kill him."
>>
>>167589
Reprimand him for lack of courtesy and discipline. We expect better of our men, especially not to pull a weapon on a peasant. Send him outside to eat alone after he apologizes.

Chastise or scold the peasant that striking one of your men was disproportional his to wandering eyes. It many would find them in the dungeon for a few days for striking a guard, and next time use words before using fists.
>>
>>167738
Technically, it wasn't illegal per say, but just imagine a strange man starts eyeing your daughter...
>>
>>167738
People were getting married of at that age back then. It was also when they could start having kids. Life expectancy was like 35 years then.
>>
It's looking like the general consensus is going with reprimand both.

Should I go with that or just the guard?
>>
>>167772
Just the guard
>>
>>167752
>>167756
I know that, I meant culturally would it be acceptable behaviour ignoring the fact the guard was being insulting towards his wife and such.

>>167772
Just the guard, the farmer did little wrong but should have raised a complaint with us.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

let's see how Luboslaw Dupek reacts...
>>
"Are you serious?! All I'm doing is sitting here, eating my food and this peasant accuses me of eyeing his wife, all I did was give looks back to the girl that started it over there!" as he points to the supposed "victim" and almost immediately she blushes.

"So who's it gonna be? This pig-fucking peasant or one of the few men among you who knows how to use a weapon?!"

Clearly, there is more to this petty squabble than meets the eye, two stories, both sound true. The guard and farmer both feel they are in the right.

You may have come to a decision but now comes a dilemma, who do you believe and who do you condemn?
>>
>>167836
Believe the peasant, but don't condemn the guard too harshly. We don't want to upset our soldiers.
>>
>>167836
I'm here

How the fuck are we going to let some unwashed dumbass peasant attack our guard like that?

Throw the peasant in the fucking dungeon
>>
One for guard and one for peasant, anyone else?
>>
lets ask for witnesses
>>
>>167836

Gotta be pragmatic, throw the peasant in the dungeon. But warn the guard that if he really was eyeing the peasant's daughter, he'll be using one very useful appendage
>>
the guard is obviously guilty
>>
>>168143
The guard was acting in self defense, the peasant even admitted to attacking him

Fuck this farmer shit
>>
"For the crime of assaulting a warrior, you shall be locked away and stoned until sundown. As for you Boris, if I ever catch you looking at any young girls again, you're gonna lose the one thing that you can use ON them, understand?"

Bogna sighs deeply "Well, if that is what you think is best, than I can't argue any further. The people may think of you as someone who only takes his own side however...that I can't remedy after this, but I will do my best."

"That's all I ask of you."

What do you focus on next:
>C: Development
>>
>>168152
Lineage

We need some fuckin' kids yo
>>
A
>>
>>168152
A
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

The Quest of Peasants marches on!
>>
>>168154
please use the name Ramsay
>>
7th of March, 770

You arrive in the land of your uncle and of the Osiniec people, bringing with you a bountiful supply of food with you.

Almost immediately you are showered with praise and joy from the people.

"We'll no longer starve!"
"We're saved, we're saved!"
"Praise Piorun! Praise Chief Bruno!"

Your uncle comes to greet you,
"We couldn't thank you enough, kind nephew."

"I don't want to see my people starve, but, how do we solve the issue of gaining farm-able land?"
"I'm not sure, but I am sure you'll figure something out! Come, let us drink!"

And with that you have gained the people's support, somewhat less with the Winiary but they won't revolt any time soon.

Your little opole has grown prosperous over the months to the point that you have a large supply of food and materials.

What do you wish to focus on next?
>>
B

Let's have our people not suffer shitty winters in garbage homes made of shit and mud
>>
>>168260
A

Sons sons sons
>>
B
>>
>>168269
>>168288
Fuck these advisors man
>>
6th of June, 770

It's now nearing summer time and the Festival of Piorun is almost near. The people of Gniezno want to have a central festival in Dom. However, the people feel unprotected against bandits in the woods, the only defended path is from Jelonek to Dom.

Also, Dom has no defensive structures and may be prone to attack from the Jankowo-Dolne regardless of your warriors ability.

Also, because of the influx of materials, some of your people are asking you for homes across your opole.

What do you focus on?
>A: Road development (will lead to festival quest)
>B: Defenses (will lead to Jankowo-Dolne quest)
>C: Home Building (no quest but will increase your home village's power and size.)
>>
>>168345
B

Security is a number one priority
>>
C
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

Will roll a d6
>>
>>168357
yup
we have to deal with those fuckers once and for all
>>
Rolled 46, 95, 55 = 196 (3d100)

Rolling three part event!
>>
Although you have the abundance of resources, transporting them from Dalki to Dom is a challenge and unfortunately you couldn't get all of them to Dom.

However, because Dalki craftsmen came along with the caravan, they manage to find a way to improvise the lack of supplies with the terrain. Building the wall around the village but stopping when the walls touch the large hill your hall sits on making Dom almost impossible to break into.

However, the Jankowo-Dolne have been spotted about three miles out and are planning on raiding the surrounding land within a few hours...

Now is the time to make decisions in order and I will make event rolls for each of them. Make as many as you want, but the decisions are yours.
>>
we need scouts to spot their camps
once we got their positions, we'll attack
lets spare the women and children, but we'll make a public execution for any warrior we get to set an example
>>
>>168448
Forget the wall for now

Mobilize the peasants and as many professional soldiers as you can, make sure to bring your own armor and sword aswell
>>
Rolled 13, 92 = 105 (2d100)

I'll combine the two
>>
You send out scouts to patrol the surrounding area, but they come up with nothing surprisingly!
"We did a full search of the surrounding land but couldn't find anything!"
"This is unsettling" you say

You manage to muster all capable men to Dom, sacrificing the construction of the wall for now to make sure all those that can hold a sword, do.

The men and sons, who are eager to defend their home, look to you in the hopes you'll lead them to victory!

In the distance....a horn...

You will make up how the battle goes by rolling a d20, each of you is considered a sort of commander. Write something to coincide with the roll and how low or high it is, is how successful you were with it.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>168570
Bruno sets up his team of professional soldiers and two teams of mobilized peasants

He gives the two teams of peasants their commanders and offers them to flank the upcoming raid

Bruno leads the charge with his army of professional soldiers into the raiding army, and soon they're reinforced by the flanking peasant armies
>>
>>168590
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>168590
Here lemme help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgckdxhg3E
>>
More warhorns go off, from all directions.

All of a sudden, the thunderous sound of hooves comes over the hills around you.

Completely surrounded, your men prepare themselves for an all out assault.

The confusion starts almost immediately when your warriors don't know what position to start in and as such spread themselves out in haphazard directions.

You lose 40 men in the initial clash.
Your opponent loses 8
Roll again.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>168657
Attempt to re-organize the undisciplined warriors and peasants to the center and flank like earlier and do an actual attack
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>168670
Rolling for cavalry charge
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

The Jankowo-Dolne, seeing an opening, make a full on charge towards your soldiers, a few of your archers manage a couple shots but ultimately it is not enough. The charge devastates your line, killing an additional 30 men while only losing 4.
>>
>>168707
(Off note, I apologize for making you guys think it's Poznan attacking the Dalki, it was Silesia...my bad, anyway...)

You hear another horn that doesn't belong to either you or the enemy, it is Chief Dobieslaw and with him is his honor guard of 50 axemen.

They manage to distract a small force of riders to help you, it's small but it's something.

Roll again.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>168720
This time we fuck these raiders up
>>
>>168736
The fight is lasting through the day, but it's obvious the tide of battle is in the favor of the raiders.

Many men have been lost, but all of a sudden, the raiders retreat backward, and then you see the reason why.

The leader of the raiders is a strange looking man. He is dark skinned, with long coarse black hair tied into braids. He wears nothing but a leather hauberk and wrist-guards. Slung across his back is a small, curved bow and a long, curved sword.

"Who here is the chief among you?!" he cries out. "I want to see the man's face that betrayed his own people and left them to rot!"
>>
this is great i was expecting a 1vs1
>>
Looks like I am calling it a night!
>>
see ya pal
keep up the good work
(are we a circlejerk now?)
>>
I go away for a little while and ppl fuck things up as normal, should have formed a 2 man skirmishing line, then have the peasants behind as reserves to apply where the line breaks.

It would help to have a map or an idea of our terrain, our numbers and troop composition.

>>168774
Call all our archers to focus all their fire on that one guy, on our signal.

Make sure we have shield at the ready. Shout at to him "You only need to look in a mirror to face yourself knave!".
>>
>>169938
holy shit you rock
yeah the attack was pretty rash and unplanned but i have no idea of strategies
>>
>>169938
"You only need to look in a mirror to face yourself knave!".
Let me rephrase that a bit.
"You only need to look in a mirror to see the betrayer to these people!". And maybe throw in knave or scoundrel, bandit, or brigant.

>>170391
Thanks but, I probably spend too much time on RTS games and on /k/.

Times like these, basic options from Op would help immensely. Perhaps we can hire NPC's who would in turn be able to present us better tactical options for us you choose from.
>>
>>170930
for us *too* choose from.
>>
>>170933
Sometimes it's hard to tell when it's time to make up decisions or let players give ideas.

I will try to implement it a little more though!
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>168774
Step forward and shout "I am! Fight me, you coward!" We can still save the day with a quick duel... we lost so many of our farmers, damn.
>>
>>168774
>Many men have been lost
So, our women will have to work the fields and stuff now. Well, maybe gender roles will improve? :)
>>
He looks at you with a surprised stare!

"You're not Doman! WHERE IS DOMAN?!! Where is the lousy pig-fucker that stole my land, raped our women and brought nothing but death?!! WHERE IS HE?!!" This man has a personal vendetta against the old chief.

What a foreign stranger is doing leading a tribe in your Opole is beyond you...

(I am just writing in the hopes morning people like myself join in!)
>>
>>171893
"Doman is no more. I killed him. And now I am Chief!"
They're great warriors, so we will have them submit to us! They can keep their loot as long as they follow orders now.
>>
>>171897
"Doman may be no more, but I still won't bow to a boy fresh off his mother's tit!"

He unslings his small bow and arrows and pulls out his sword.

"If you think you're worthy of leading MY men into battle, you'd best beat me one on one."

He charges at you screaming. He doesn't have the make of a barbarian, because he clearly has training with that sword...

roll a d20.
(I will stick with this method until I can find a healthy balance of choices and allowing you to come up with stuff)
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>171903
Our protagonist 's sword sings through the air as he cuts the leader in half, making it rain blood.
>>
(im new and after reading /quest/s and /tg/s stickies i dont get the dice thingy)
>>
>>171907
"You're mine now!" he shouts to the raiders. And to his men: "we have won a great victory!"

He should get some tactical advice next time, his strong arm won't save him every time.
>>
>>171914
It's cool! write in the options: dice+1d20!
If you want other examples for dice rolls (dice+3d6, dice+2d8+12<---that one will just add 12 to whatever the roll is! Above is an example!
>>
>>171914
Put dice+1d20 in the option field to roll one 20-sided dice.
>>
>>171918
Oh, yeah you definitely won lol! The guy could be folded like a hamburger bun!

A younger boy, no older than 15 rides up to you, he resembles the warlord you just killed, but must have his mother's skin color because this boy is not dark at all.
"Looks I am the leader of my people now. I never really wanted to fight you anyway, my father was always hot-headed and brutish, never once saw him smile unless he had two women by his side and a cup of drink in both hands. It's like he completely forgot about my mother. Tomor Szalei, son of Olah Tomor. My father came from the lands of the Magyar to strike out on his own and ended up here when my mother was pregnant with my younger brother. I guess a lot can happen in 12 years, huh?"

He dismounts from his horse. "All my people want is to be treated as equals, my father, whose anger WAS justified, still had no reason to just attack you. I do not wish for further bloodshed at all." The boy talks a lot but that's just him trying his hand at being a leader you think....

How do you react?
>>
>>171937
>How do you react?
"You're one of my councilors now."
He can advise us about cavalry and raiding tactics - and he gives us a cav force too.

Get some healers for the wounded, have a feast for this great victory!
>>
>>171937
Have them bring their families to Dom too (hostages just in case?).
>>
A great feast in your hall commences, many men are enjoying what they consider a victory...that is until the passing of the dead commences.

A lot of good soldiers were lost in the fight and as they burn, the weight of that thought hits you finally.

The walls need to be repaired, spirits mended and the people need leadership now more than ever.

What do you focus next?
>>
>>171959
agree with this one
he must be part of our court, and his people could be allies
this wont be forgotten tho
our people will resent them and they will resent us for the battle so we'll have to build up some more our relationships later
>>
army
lets take care of the wounded and recruit more men
>>
oh, theres no army option
politics
>>
ACH there should be! THAT was the one I was forgetting my bad! That IS an option!
>>
>>171990
np op
>>
I should recap you are unmarried as of right now! That is an important aspect! I don't mean to push you in a particular direction, but that is an issue right now.
>>
yeah i suppose its time to get a lady
>>
(ive been samefaging a lot itt since it started how bad is it?)
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

It's fine dude! I will keep this going for as long as I can!

We'll focus on lineage.
>>
we are allied with a strong and ruthless chief
lets find a cunning and cautious wife in the court of neighbour to balance things up a bit
>>
8th of June, 770

Dobieslaw, the chief of Poznan-Kalisz, walks up to you,

"Bruno, I have something I should tell you. I haven't been entirely truthful with you and have been hesitant to give you this information, I wanted to know who I was dealing with."

He calls a couple of men to go get "her"

"I have a daughter, my only daughter, Zaneta. I was hesitant because I didn't know if you were a man capable of leading, but you have proved me wrong countless time!"

A beautiful girl walks out of the tent, her hair in long brown curls and with eyes the color of the sky. She walks with the grace of a water nymph and stares at you the whole time.

"I would like to offer you my daughter, so that we may seal this alliance once and for all!"

He pulls you aside

"What I am doing is for the future of mine and your people, I lost my sons to battle and have no heirs, I want you to rule in my stead but can not justify it unless you marry her."

However as you are about to open your mouth, a guard runs up to you.
"Sir, an emissary from the Kingdom of Pomerania is here for you! He wishes to speak with you immediately!

The both of you reach the edge of the gate to a man resplendent in the colors of z Kessini with the green hawk embroidered on his jacket.

"Are you Bruno Krzesimir?" the man asks

you nod

"The king offers you his daughter's hand in marriage after hearing of your recent success, if your answer is yes, he will personally meet with you in his hall!"

What is your decision?
(this will help make a decision)

>strong, reliable ally with a small Opole
>prestigious marriage with unknown party
>>
(damn, thats a very hard choice
but the king suddenly interests into our small chiefdom? and offers his daughter hand, that weve never heard of? doubtful
although denying it could cause us trouble
im gonna need some time to think
meanwhile i will wait for more people to come into the thread
help us ramsay!)
>>
ill go with the reliable ally
if the king gained interest (into forming an alliance or toy with us), it means we have significant power
>>
Yeah, let's see if more show up.

Bump for returning players or new!
>>
>>172046
amen
>>
i have a question op
if bruno dies and has a heir will we play as him/her or it will be game over?
>>
>>172066
Correct, it'll end when you have no one to pass on your name. Think of this as Crusader Kings II meets CYOA meets Civ meets RPG etc.
>>
>>172027
>>strong, reliable ally with a small Opole
>beautiful daughter
We will have many children and will inherit more land. I doubt that the king is serious...
>>
>>172027
>A beautiful girl [...] grace of a water nymph
We can also use her to distract people we negotiate with. Trophy Wife Get! Maybe she also has a good head on her shoulders - loyal ally...
>>
>>172027
Insist on meeting the king before accepting, Send the messenger this message. What do we know about the King and his kingdom?
Thing like his personality, his people, population, resources, army strength, tech level, holdings, and geopoltical situation, economy, main industries, etc. Anything else that is relevant you can add. Same for chief of Poznan-Kalisz and his lands.
>>
>>172074
some intrigue at a kings court is interesting but zaneta is the best choice imo
>>
Op, you run at a terrible time for me, Its 5 am. I don;t know how long I will be around for, I need to sleep for a few hours at least.
>>
>>172080
how about this op?
>>
>>172082
OP's running EU time - 14:21 h over here.

>>172080
We tell him that we already accepted another offer. Don't let a king wait for your decision, he won't take that well.
>>
>>172080
>>172082
Yeah I wake up super early Massachusetts time, that's why I try to keep it going all day. Let returning players come back while new players can add to it as well, plus, through trial and error I found that actually setting a time is WORSE for a thread.

This is a good idea and it seems our other poster agrees.

Let me just go out for a smoke and then I will type.

Again, my bad dude considering you're part of the original group.
>>
>>172081
We should at the very least, entertain a kings offer. We do not want to insult him or give him reason to think if he failed to gain more land, he should just annex an upstart like us.

I am in favor of Zaneta at the moment, but I've got an idea. We marry Zaneta, have kids and they marry Pomerania's queens(hopefully) kids.

But we may get an offer we cannot refuse on pragmatic grounds that are too good to pass up. We need to know what the reason at least to make a better judgment.

If the king refuses, then we simply marry Zaneta.
>>
>>172090
>annex an upstart like us
Can he really do that without everyone thinking they're next - and plot against him? (ck2 knowledge here :) )

Just say, you've already promised to marry Zaneta and the messenger came too late. The king will stomp the lazy messenger instead of us?

>Zaneta
Yes! But check she's not a dullard just in case.
>>
>>172090
thats an awesome idea, we can bethrothe our children
>>
So, I just want to be clear so I can get everyone's approval.

You would like to at the very least MEET the king before making a final decision, but are ultimately leaning towards Zaneta.

Am I right?
>>
>>172106
Yes. Make Zaneta's father understand that we have to at least appear to consider things our king says - duty and all that.

Dobieslaw's offer is pretty nice...
>>
>>172106
i agree
>>
>>172112
Oh, he isn't your king! He's just A king.
>>
>>172106
Meet the king, But at the current moment I am leaning towards Zaneta, simply since we are on good terms with her father and people already, and know enough about him and his lands and people that I am comfortable with marrying her, and unifying our lands and people.

We don't know how we will be treated, or if the King of Pomerania will just treat it as a nonviolent way to get more land. He may be quick to impose his rule and laws on us, if he is powerful enough to do so, and we have not a solid power base since we are fairly new to the game, what if he decided to kill us and take over, it is possible for him to do so. As far as we know anyways.

Dobieslaw is closer to our level in terms of culture and military strength, so we do not really need to fear him much. The benefits to him outweigh the cons for him and his people.

Also The Pomeranians learned of our news in only 2 days? How far are they to us from our capital to theirs? And they were also paying close enough attention to notice us...? Unless the raiders were a bigger deal than we realized.

Perhaps they have security issues relating to their lands or boarders.
>>
>>172114
>A king
Meaning he's self-appointed? He's much more powerful than anyone around - to call himself such?

Ask Dobieslaw. He's your neighbour and already your bff.
>>
>>172116
>learned of our news in only 2 days
True, that sounds fishy.
Or maybe that king has more daughters than he knows people to marry them off to.
>>
You look at both men, eager for your answer.

"Dobieslaw, your offer is incredibly tempting, and I will most likely choose your daughter's hand, but I can not appear to be unjust or as someone who lacks diplomacy. Let me see what this king wants, and then I shall make my decision."

You prepare for the journey to the home of Wartislaw I, King of Pomerania in Gdansk. About a week's ride from here with your honor guard.

Dawn rises as you and your men make the final bend around the hill to the hall of the king.

The same emissary that met you a week before greets you at the gate.

"I'm glad you took up my liege's proposal, he will be most thrilled."

"I didn't accept it just yet, I would wish to hear his offer first."

"Very well, if that is what you desire. Come, with me."

You quickly notice that this village is much larger than any other you've seen before. Many houses line the streets and huddled vendors are crying out their wares in some strange languages you've never heard before.

Entering the hall, you quickly eye the king before you, dressed in a wolf skin cloak, long black hair and an imposing demeanor about him that clearly shows you he isn't an inexperienced leader.

"So you've come to my hall! I see you received my message. You probably have a few questions first, so I shall hear them."

Now you come up with questions for this king.

(Soon, I will stop giving indicators for times when you're supposed to make a decision. I will still write out options and do event rolls when necessary.)
>>
why did he took interest in our chiefdom?
>>
>>172129
can we get info for the stuff i asked here in this post >>172116? Or do we have to ask the npc since no one knows?

Ask him for his reason, and why not others, thowing in some big wigs or names we have heard of local leaders and powers.

Ask him about his lands and people. What alliances he has and if he at war or has bad relations with any.

Ask about how secure his realm is. And ask him what his daughter is like. Ask to meet her , and the queen. See what kind of personalities they have etc. We don't want to be her manipulated like a puppet through our possible wife.
>>
>>172134
No you're good, I was gonna use this line of dialogue anyway as a sort of narrative rather than an opening question. I like how you write, really helps me and the story along!
>>
>>172134
backing this
>>
>>172134
I'll back this.
>>
>>172134
>>172148
sounds good!
Ask him how many children and uncles he has - just in case we have to kill them all to make the new wife the heir...

Can we have multiple wives?
>>
>>172165
>Can we have multiple wives?
i doubt it but i suppose that as a tribal cheiftain we can have concubines
>>
"Well, the first thing I have to ask is, were you spying on us?" you ask
"Hmm" he chuckles "You have a LOT to learn about how to lead. A good leader ALWAYS knows what goes on around and him and what I witnessed was a man, who slew his chief for rights of land and title, who in a matter of just less than half a year, gained the support of his people and has established a prosperous little tribe." he turns to face you directly "Not to mention a man who can cleave another man in half as if he was made of cloth."

"I've also watched as the Silesians to your west have been causing you trouble. It's a wonder why, considering they own miles of good land."

You just stare at him while he rambles on
"Also, without even having to ask you judging by the way you're staring at me, you wonder 'why me?'" "I have had big dreams for our people. Not just mine or yours, but for ALL of our people. I see in you the makings of a great leader who will have great sons and grandsons, they will unite ALL these lands and titles through us."

Will continue.
>>
"My people are prosperous, but, we only trade in breads and cheeses with the Geats and Danes who also bring foreign traders to my shores." as he hands you a cup of mead. "You have great ambitions, imagine how prosperous you and your family will be if we united?"

"You must have other allies who are greater than myself. Be honest with me, what is it you REALLY want?" he stares at you for a long time before saying "Your land sits at a crossroads of all four directions, you hold potentially the most influential piece of land a man could own and you are doing nothing with it! You need to take charge and so marrying my daughter will not only give you prestige, it'll secure BOTH our fortunes."

"I would like to meet this daughter of yours." you say "Bring her out to me."

A small, petite young girl of 14 approaches you, her head down. Her hair is straight and the color of wheat. Her face is thin and long, almost resembling a graceful bird.
"My lord" she greets you quietly, almost whispering "I am here to provide you with all a lord desires and give you many sons and daughters." you notice her head is still bowed "I would be honored to be your wife."

"She is sweet, and kind. She is still very shy however, she'll learn in due time." he claps his hands "Now for some salted pork!"

>Make your decision now
>Make your decision later and leave
>>
>>172213
>Make your decision later
Ask, what other prospective suitors or alliances have you considered?

Why didn't you marry her to the previous chieftain before us.
>>
>>172213
>Make your decision later
Let's weigh all our options.
>>
We chill for like a week, then send a reply to both people.

How old is Zaneta anyways? How old are we?
>>
>>172225
You're 26 right now and Zaneta is 19
>>
If we take zaneta as a concubine and we legitimize the bastards, dobieslaw wont resent us (i think)
>>
>>172231
14 isn't bad. It would be more age appropriate to marry our children to .... What IS her name? The princess.

But yeah, marry our kids to her kids or to her, she will have at least a 14yr and 3 month of age over them.

>>172233
I'm not too big on that, he seems like a reasonably proud guy. I suppose we could try and entertain such a idea with him but not too keen on doing that to him and his daughter.....
>>
>>172245
Or we can try and marry her on the promise that our son will marry Zaneta... our her youngest at some point?
>>
The next day approaches, you gather you men up and pack your belongings, but not before a final word with the king.

"So, you've made your decision to not marry Cvijeta?" he asks
"I've made no decision yet. Both offers are equal in scale so I need time to decide."
"Very well, I shall give you a month's time to reply, if I do not hear from you or your answer is no I shall be forced to look elsewhere. Safe journey." as he turns to reenter his hall.

16th of June, 770

You see the Hill of Dom rise up to the sky as you approach your home. Your councilors await you at the gate.

"Bring my belongings in, it's time I call the emissary and Dobieslaw."

This is the final chance to make a final decision
>Zaneta
>Cvijeta
>>
>>172261
>Zaneta

Cvijeta is still a little young, and I feel like Dobieslaw would be a little upset if we didn't choose his daughter.
>>
zaneta
we'll marry our children with cvijetas children
>>
>>172261
I hope we can message the king and tell him our plan to have our children marry her or her and our children marry.

I was not sure if I wanted to tell that to the king in person, incase he was playing us and would murder our kill us, or took a hostile tone if we suggested it and made it seem like we were not going to marry her.
>>
>>172275
Might not work. The king said he would look elsewhere after a month.
>>
>>172275
>>172276
>>172268
you guys are assuming we are going to have capable male heirs. What if our heirs are like that raiders son who can watch their own father get torn in half and not do a thing about it.
>>
A week passes by as the emissary and the Chief of Poznan-Kalisz enter your hall.

"Both of your offers are incredibly tempting and I am inclined to go with both if I could, but as I can not, I must choose one!" you announce loud and clear "Although I would gain the coastal lands of Pomerania and grow immensely wealthy, I could not betray my faithful friend and ally! I will take Zaneta to be my wife!"

Dobieslaw and his men cheer whilst the emissary storms out.

"We shall marry when the last harvest comes in! To celebrate the cycle of life and praise the rays of Piorun and Dadzbog's name in glory!" cries out Dobieslaw! The date is set for the 22nd of September, 770

What shall you focus on next?
>A: Development
>>
>>172291
I think your giving that 12yr old boy too little credit.

You want our kids to attack a guy who just cut us in half in one strike? Plus the raider was a crummy dad, we won't be.

worst case scenario, we have a hunting accident with our son(s).
>>
>>172298
We should build it up a bit more.
>>
>>172298
We should organize something with other tribes and build up our power ASAP.

As the other anon said we could also send a message to the King of Pom of a plan to wed the children of Zaneta and Civi.

I think most importantly we should band together the tribes we do have and possibly reach out to other tribes nearby as well.
>>
>>172298
I was hoping to tell the king and the chieftain of our plan before marrying, that is why I did not pick a option yet (even tho it would have been 2-1? or 3-0). In the end though, I felt that marrying Cvijeta would be the most pragmatic choice, I feel that Zaneta is the one that would be most stable and safest in terms of political stability.

I hope the King has some younger daughters or ones yet to be born.
>>
>>172298
Make a trade deal with the Pomeranian king, allow his goods to pass through our lands with a very small light tax (%1 or less.), so long as he helps fund some of our development, Help us build a port (which will benefit both of us.), and cultural and language exchange.

And give him an investment return of our income from the trade improvements, like 5 or 10 percent.

Seek to build ourselves up and our support base.
>>
politics, lets use diplomacy to improve our relations with the king
>>
Damn, I am getting overwhelmed with logic...
>>172316
Yeah, I like your ideas, but I gotta go with the majority and I want to also get other aspects going while trying to focus on...I guess we'll call them quests.

It's looking like C so I am gonna type up a bit going with all the C ideas.
>>
>>172333
Well I know that my vote at that point doesn't matter that much, but I feel its more fun sometimes to have a different pov or dissenting opinion, so don't sweat it. Its democracy I can still enjoy.
>>
>>172338
You bring up excellent points though, I can't deny that!

I am taking a small break for now. I gotta eat and drink coffee and be a vegetable, while I am doing this, I am at home working lol
>>
>>172349
Kay, I'm sleep for a bit.
>>
bumping just in case
>>
Sorry guys, I had a LOT of shit to do yesterday. I am here now!
>>
>>176761
I was just gonna go to sleep after eating some ramen noodles, but.... well damit!
>>
It might be better because I am sure not many people will be here right now.
>>
>>172328
>Make a trade deal with the Pomeranian king, allow his goods to pass through our lands
That should pacify him as we didn't choose his daughter
>>
Seems like the majority is going for that, but I am just waiting for a few more people.
>>
>>172328
dis
>>
I'm up, gonna grab so food stuff and stuff.
>>
anyone?
>>
>>177632
I'm waiting for op to post, we already voted for Politics.
>>
Sorry guys, I again had a lot of work to do! I am here now all day!
>>
>>180827
>QM says "I'm here!"
>Doesn't post.
>Does this 3 more times
Starting to see a pattern here...
>>
>>180834
Because yesterday it was just you until 1:30 PM and by that time I was gone.
>>
>>180835
qst is the snail of the age...
or people just don't write "i'm here" anymore
>>
im here too
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.