[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Habberdashery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: tegaki.png (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
17KB, 400x400px
In this thread we shall be adventuring fast and dirty in a harsh fantasy universe not meant for the weak willed, faint of heart, or those who believe in eventual success.

Because odds are, you will die, and very quickly.

The lofty goal I have set is this: Conquer the North.

It is a desolate place, one of mountains, snow, and tundra. No elves wander here, no man sets foot on these hills but as a slave or the maddest of wanderers. Orcs carve their homes amongst the mountains, goblins nesting deep in the caves, the foolish young of the mountains trolls snatched by wandering direwolves, the ignorant orc warrior with his eyes to the hills snatched by winged horrors.

Only a fool would come here unprepared, and that's exactly what you decided to do.

RULES:
When you roll, you roll a D100 to determine the raw outcome of your decision, factored in by previous bonuses or simple common sense. Crit successes are at 95-100, crit fails at 1-6.

First roll: Determine your race. Luck will strongly determine your beginning stats.

A) Human, because the lore said this was a bad idea and I'm kinda troll-y
B) Elf, for the same reason, but I like to pretend I have imagination so I picked elf.
C) Orc, because I want to blend into the local population, plus killing things.
D) Tiger-Man, because I want my start to be easy-mode.
E) Goblin, because we're going to be sneaky-beaky about this one.
F) Other, and if you don't make a crit success on your roll it defaults to a human. Crit fail and you become a small child.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>1592109
A) Human, because the lore said this was a bad idea and I'm kinda troll-y
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

F

I am a futa scorpion girl
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>1592138

You have rolled A), Human, and scored a 73.

Your backstory is a fascinating tale of dashing luck, swashbuckling brawls in smokey taverns all along the south. A master navigator at night by the stars, an experienced deck hand who knows every knot known to man, and a few you made up, and possibly one of the single best cards players working his craft this side of the Snowy Mountains.

None of which helps you in the slightest, because you're naked, and stuck in a blizzard. You aren't entirely sure how you landed in this place, cold and frigid, slowly icing over your sopping wet body, but you're damned certain that you are about to freeze to death.

You look left, look right, and then turn around. There, in the distance, you see three gaping black maws. Caves. At the very least, it's shelter.

You decide to...
A) Go to Cave 1, because it's rated by difficulty right?
B) Go to Cave 2, because no matter how the caves are determined, this one is probably the best one, because it's the only even number.
C) Go to cave 3 (is this one different? he didn't capitalize that 'c')
D) Go near the mouth of each cave, taking the time to scope them out. Could possibly freeze to death in the process, but it might be worth risking your life to make an educated decision in how to risk your life.
E) Turn around. Go to the other direction into the blind fury of the blizzard. These caves seem to convenient, and maybe oblivion is a better route to take, end this quest early. (Secretly, this option takes you to Cave 1)
>>
Also, when rolling, you can add a comment for intent, if you're choosing a location to go you can add a "and try and be stealthy", or a "the moment you see something just kick its face in without hesitation", which can go well or badly for you, but you don't have to simply take the given options raw.

This is mainly for once you have multiple weapons, bonuses, or abilities. Might not get there if you die really quickly, which is definitely an option.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1592179
>A) Go to Cave 1, because it's rated by difficulty right?
All roads lead to cav... Wait this isn't right.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>1592179
>C) Go to cave 3 (is this one different? he didn't capitalize that 'c')
Charge inside at full speed
>>
File: tegaki.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
12KB, 400x400px
>>1592211

You decided to go with A) Go to Cave 1, and rolled a 6, a critical failure.

This is gunna be a short thread, I'm sensing it.

Intrigued by the close proximity and low numerical value of the first cave, you trudge through the slowly growing snow to get to it. Throwing all caution to the wind, or simply driven slightly mad by the frostbite you fear is beginning to set in on your fingers and toes, you dash in without a care.

At the mouth of the entrance stand two goblins, dressed in chainmail, wielding spears and shields at you, gibbering madly in a tongue you don't understand, but the spear thrusts you do.

You dodge to the side, the sudden danger kicking your adrenaline into overdrive, but your body simply can't process it. Your heart fails, lightly, stuttering in your chest as you wheeze, fall, and from deeper in the cave a thrown stone cracks against your skull for good measure.

Bleeding, lightly dazed from the stone, you lay on the cold stone floor as you recover from a mild heart attack. You see the two goblins advancing towards you, shields up, spears leading.

Deeper in the cave, you hear the ominous sounds of another small rock being readied, possibly to be thrown at your head again.

You decide to...
A) Fuck this shit I'm out, flee cave 1 (choosing Cave 2 or Cave 3 as an alternative)
B) Fight this shit, I'm in. Grab one of the goblin's spears they so persistently want to give you point first and beat the shit out of them with it.
C) Catch the next rock, possibly dazzling your foes with your agility, and at worst throw it at them, see how they like it.
D) Circumvent your spear wielding foes, dash towards this hidden rock thrower, deeper into the cave.
E) Try diplomacy. If you've managed to get blood thirsty pirates to agree to share a bottle of rum, maybe your silver tongue can work its wonders on these goblins.
F) Make a prayer to the Gods above, because it looks like you're boned AF and a miracle is what you need.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1592279
>B) Fight this shit, I'm in. Grab one of the goblin's spears they so persistently want to give you point first and beat the shit out of them with it.
The little shit heads.
>>
File: tegaki.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>1592291

You decided to fight the goblins, and rolled a 28. A fairly low roll.

You roll to your feet, ready to start fighting the goblins when the stone you predicted would come flying comes flying out from the inner darkness of the cave. So amazed by your prophetic abilities of common sense, you forget to dodge.

You once again lay on the ground, groaning in pain. Seems like the stones keep hitting you in the same spot on the temple. Still, you kept your wits about you enough that when the goblins tried to take advantage of your obvious vulnerability you kick one in the nads.

Turns out she was female. No luck there. Still, thrown off balance by the kick, you grab her spear head, and are engaged in a mild tug of war. The other goblin is circling to your side, taking its time to line of a killing blow.

Off in the distance, you hear light grunts of effort. This next stone, whenever it manages to get thrown, sounds like its gunna be a bit bigger than before.

You decide to...
A) Win the tug of war, and stab (the female, the male, or move defensively)
B) Pull the female goblin close, start grappling. Should keep the stone and the other goblin's spear away if she's close, plus can try for a choke hold or something. Ju Jitsu. That stuff.
C) Roll away, get your feet under you, maybe grab a stone or a stick or something. Move defensively.
D) Use your strength to toss the female goblin holding the other end of the spear into the male one, make a little pile o' goblin that's ripe for stabbing.
E) Roll for magic, name your spell. Crit success to win, crit fail and the stone thrower learns the spell instead. Regular rolls default to moving defensively.
F) Other, I'll leave this one open ended because there are a lot of tactical options here.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>1592332
F: Using the spear as leverage toss the goblin at the stone thrower then stab the other fighter
>>
File: tegaki.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
15KB, 400x400px
>>1592344
You decide to use the spear as leverage, then toss the female at the stone thrower.

You don't see the goblin slobbering above you in some horrid tongue demanding your blood, you simply think of another barrel of rum. A bellowing sea shanty erupts from your lungs and you throw the goblin with her own spear deep into the cave, at that unknown stone thrower. You hear the female goblin screaming, a sound of impacts and grunts and then a deep splat.

Sounds like someone just dropped a really big rock.

Still thrumming and roaring "AND BLOW THE MAN DOWN" as your thrust madly with your spear at the last goblin. He parries thrust after thrust with his shield, screeching, but you whip the butt end of your spear over his shield and crack it across the skull.

You stand, singing at the top of your lungs, naked and triumphant with your spear in hand over the helpless form of the unconscious goblin at your feet. Not rapey at all. You don't know the status of the female goblin and the stone thrower, but off down the tunnel you hear a muffled cry of "throw...stone...no more..."

You decide to...
A) This isn't /b/, so we're not going to do the obvious thing hinted by the profuse use of shaft based imagery. But we are going to tie up the goblin, maybe beat if later for some juicy information.
B) Slay the goblin, slay any survivors of the barrel of rum toss move, and move deeper into the cave.
C) Carefully loot this area, maybe search for hidden treasure. At the very least, should be able to pick up a stone and a shield.
D) Carry the unconscious goblin as a human shield and/or prisoner and move deeper into the cave.
E) Heal one's self, multiple concussions and head trauma, a heart attack...maybe some mild calisthenics and rest would do you some good.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>1592388
If write ins are accepted, capture all goblinids and interrogate them.
If not.
>E) Heal one's self, multiple concussions and head trauma, a heart attack...maybe some mild calisthenics and rest would do you some good.
>>
File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>1592400
Write ins are acceptable, this is a pause in the action, and you picked two...easy? Or less productive options? Not sure how to phrase it exactly, but you didn't do multiple big important moves at once so it's good.

You decided to capture the goblin (only one survivor, if you look at the picture for spoilers), and try and heal yourself. You rolled a 75.

Taking a moment to fashion lashes from the chainmail armor the goblin was wearing, you bind him together in a hodgepodge of chainmail, buckles, and leather straps. If you hadn't spent your days from toddler to teenager working knots on a deck, it wouldn't have worked, but you made it work.

The goblin is now bound tight, immovable. You found the familiar practice refreshing, in a spiritual way, and even found a few tobacco leaves on the goblin. Not sure where those came from, but goddamn it's been too long since you've had a dip.

A full finger tucked neatly in your lip, mind, soul, and body refreshed (the last with nicotine) you stand over the bound goblin as it sputters to consciousness.

You decide to...
A) Interrogate the goblin for information. The language barrier might prove a hindrance if it doesn't know Common (because what lore doesn't have a Common language) and hand gestures are out since it's tied up.

B) Sacrifice the goblin to the great Sea Shanty of the Sea, the god of the pirates. May he hear you deep in this faraway land.

C) Try and recruit the goblin. Maybe it'll understand the common sense of "I won, now you're mine". Seems to be the law of the land around here.

D) Leave the goblin to be dealt with later, or take it as a meat shield or prisoner, but regardless get the show on the road and move deeper into the cave.

E) Don't go deeper into the cave, scrounge for materials to make a fire, maybe a coat, possibly some boots. With some luck, fashion a human sized coat of chainmail from the other dead goblins.

E) Write in, because I feel like I'm missing a big option and it's not coming to me. I admit my faults, my imagination doesn't cover all bases.
>>
>>1592400
Woops. Captured and healed. I got 2/3 and mangled that request. +20 advantage to the next interrogation roll, my mistake.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>1592444
E
>>
>>1592458
Oh shit.
>>1592454
Is ok.
>>1592458
What are you writing in?
And I have little imagination also.
>>
>>1592467
>Don't go deeper into the cave, scrounge for materials to make a fire, maybe a coat, possibly some boots. With some luck, fashion a human sized coat of chainmail from the other dead goblins.
>>
>>1592458
>>1592478

Hmmm, next time a blank write in roll is going to get skipped, seems too much like fishing for a roll then decided what to choose after the fact.

Regardless, you rolled a 93 and decided to scrounge for materials to make a fire, maybe a coat, possibly some boots. With some luck, a chainmail coat.

Suffice to say, maybe going deeper into the cave would have been a mistake. Under the rock it seems the two goblin corpses had plenty of chain and leather to strap together into a makeshift chain mail coat, and you found a few beds made of furs to fashion into a coat. Your needlework might need improving, but it worked out well enough.

Even found out that a pair of the goblin boots fit you. Who knew?

Only problem is you can't seem to make a fire. You have the tinder, the bits of wood, but no flint and steel. The spear heads don't seem to spark, and the shields were made of wood.

You sigh, and stop your efforts. You're warm enough as is with all of your new found clothes and protection. Taking spear and shield in hand, you decide to...

A) Go to bed. I admit I am running into logistical concerns. Will return after work tomorrow to continue with another post. I bit you all a goodnight until tomorrow, and beg forgiveness for a short play period.
>>
>>1592489
Night
>A
And cover up the captive so he won't freeze to death too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.