[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sky Fighters Thread #3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 2qRRy9h.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2qRRy9h.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
You are a rather capable pilot, hired by the Eaglewatch PMC for your services. The company seems trustworthy, but perhaps it's all a sham.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/tT1S2beh

First things first wins.

As you walk out of the bunker, the brightness of the sun makes you shield your eyes. Maybe a stop by Eddy and grabbing a set of glasses wouldn't be such a bad idea. As you stride across the base, you notice the crews and staff all going to their positions; the entire base waking up with an impressive pace. You walk past the corrugated hangars, then making your way past the first few concrete and tarp ones. The memory of Bodhi buying you a paint job comes to mind, a smile forming as excitement builds.

You turn the corner, taking in your jet all in once. The rising sun perfectly showcases the plane to you, the fresh paint job reflecting in all the right ways. The design is immaculate, showcasing a burly tiger, seething with rage. A pair of pegasus wings sprout from his back in full swoop, with intricate sets of daggers held in his fore paws. Perhaps Eddy should have gone to art school. Smiling, you collapse the ladder from its compartment, clambering up to the cockpit. You open the canopy, taking in your view from the seat for a brief moment before resting your helmet on the seat. Taking a second to watch a F-14A take off, you close the canopy, and hop off the ladder. Several stacks of crates take your attention. Closer inspection, mainly on the printout on the wooden sides, reveals them to be the ammunition you ordered the night before. You stride to the front of your hanger, and stretch your back out, before a dark drab green takes your attention. A quick few steps reveal it to be a McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II, known as 'The Flying Brick' to some. Going off of the order of the planes in the hangars, it seems as if this one's crew arrived sometime during your sleep last night.

Noting the new crew members in your mind, you head down to the mess hall, and immediately grab some breakfast. As soldiers of fortune, it seems, the company can spend more on food. At least, the scrambled eggs and french toast seem to think so. You take the plate and fork and sit next to Bodhi, who's currently conversing with two people sitting across the table. One is definitely older than the other, and they share some definite resemblance. Though, it could just be their matching flightsuits.

"Hey, Ranny boy, the man I was lookin' for. These guys are John and Junior, they fly tandem, and they got on base a few hours after you did. What did you say you flew again?"

John chuckles, resting his elbows on the table.

"Nothin' but ol' Brick herself, an F-4E. My son Junior works as my RIO."

Well, that's certainly new.

>"Wait, you have your son flying with you?"
>"I saw your jet. Very nice, I must say."
>"Well, how experienced are you two?"
>Write in
>>
>>1587982
>"Wait, you have your son flying with you?"
>>
>>1587982
>"Well, how experienced are you two?"
Let's make sure we can trust them to watch our backs.
>>
Tiebreaker please?
>>
>>1587982
>All the options
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>1589481
>>1589486
>>1590662
>>
>>1591207

>All the options

"Wait, you're flying with your son?"

John pauses, giving a small chuckle.

"Why yes, yes I am."

You squint whilst chewing your breakfast, eliciting a smile from both father and son. Your current feelings are too mixed to focus on just a specific one. Anger? Surprise? Awe?

"That is rather dangerous, no?"

The father places a hand over his heart, and another on his son's shoulder.

"Ran, if I didn't think he could do it, I wouldn't let him."

As you take another bite, another thought comes to mind: While you trust Bodhi and his skills, John and Junior are wildcards so to say.

"That is understandable. Have you flown in any conflicts before?"

His smile growing wider, John reaches into his chest pocket, and removes a patch. He sets it flat on the table, then flicks it, sending it skittering to you. Upon inspecting it, you see a white, gray, and black striped cat sporting a holster and two tails. Underneath the circle showcasing the feline, the word "TOMCAT" is embroidered in proud bold lettering.

"The F-14?"

You pass the patch back, John immediately sliding it back into his pocket.

"Yup! Desert Storm. I was part of the squadron that made some Mig-21s try to run away and ended up getting F/A-18s instead. If command let us, we'd have bagged 'em ourselves."

You nod, swallowing down another helping of eggs.

"Heh. Back in the Israeli Force, there was a time in th-"

A screeching alarm interrupts you, all the pilots in the room reflexively tensing. With the distinctive crackle of radio static, Sokolov's voice blares into the room.

"A major enemy air attack force has been detected heading for our base! All capable pilots and crew, scramble!"

Despite not having practiced in years, the reactions are still ingrained in your senses. You nearly leap from your chair in your sprint out of the mess and onto the base. Bodhi keeping pace alongside you, and the father-son pair sticking just behind, the adrenaline starts pumping as the alarms keep blaring. You and the blond pilot share a nod, and a quick hand-dap as he turns to run into his hangar. You do the same for John and Junior before turning in, where a crewman brings your ladder down. Due to the urgency and your newness, you haven't gotten the chance to introduce yourself. Yet, you both know what needs to happen. Going up two rungs at a time, you slip your helmet over your head, but keep the visor up. The same crewman goes up the ladder, a determined look burnt into his expression.

"Pilot! How do'ya want your missiles?!"
>>
File: ti-2-Armed-F-5-Tiger-II-960x600.jpg (59KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
ti-2-Armed-F-5-Tiger-II-960x600.jpg
59KB, 960x600px
>>1592094

Your F-5E has 7 pylons. Four of them, two under each wing, can be used for bombs or rocket pods. The ones on each wing tip are for missiles, and the final pylon under your fuselage can carry a rocket pod, or a singular bomb.

Your current inventory is:
>12 AIM-9s
>8 AIM-120s
>20 LAU-61 Rocket Pods
>20 LAU-10 Rocket Pods
>25 Mark 82 Unguided Bombs
>15 CBU-24 Cluster Bombs

Example answers could be:
>2 AIM-9s, nothing else.
>1 AIM-9, 1 AIM-120, and a LAU-61
>>
>>1592101
4 AIM-9s, 2 AIM-120s
>>
>>1592101
5 AIM9s and 2 AIM120s
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.