[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PolitiCiv

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 8

File: worl.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
worl.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
Welcome to PolitiCiv. You (and others) will run political parties that compete with others for influence in the country but work together to keep the country together. All factions can interact with each other from their inception. First, lets choose the setting of our small power. For context, wherever you start the country will be a newly formed parliamentary power emerging from a catastrophic war.

> Europoor
> Terroristan
> Kangzfrica
> Ladyboy Islands (SE Asia)
> Negrito America (South America)
> Write In (fictional, historical, but no fantasy!)
>>
Shit its hard to choose between those names but I say Terroristan
>>
>>1575458
> Kangzfrica
>>
>>1575488
This
>>
Oh shiiiit, looks like we doing
>>1575488
>>1575502

unless we get more
>>1575498
>>
>>1575458
> Kangzfrica
>>
>>1575522
ITS A TIE WHOS GONNA WIN

>muh Mugabe African Republic

or

>muh Mulla Nasratullah Caliphate
>>
>>1575458
> Terroristan
>>
>>1575560
>>1575502
>>1575488
LOCKING IN TERRORISTAN

writing
>>
In ancient times, your nation was part of the Persian Empire. Before the spread of Islam, your countrymen had traded with surrounding sheiks gold for goats. In fact, that is still the prime export of your nation to this day: the Terroristani (subject to name change) Goat.

In the aftermath of radical Islam, your nation took the bold step to declare a secular state representative of the people. Many progressive first world nations use your country along with others to prove that democracy in the Middle East is possible. They couldn't fathom what running the government would actually entail...

While the country decision can help form the history of the country, we will be helping form the history’s lore from the political parties and their description. To enroll in a party. please include the following in a post, along with a 5d100 roll which determines your starting points:

> Party Name
> Mission (summary, goal of faction)
> Leader
> Headquarters
> History
> Funds (1 pt for $1000)
> Seats in Parliament (only for political, 1 pt per seat)

Here's some sample parties to get the ball rolling. You don't need to play any of these, they are there for inspiration:

> The New Islamic Party - Mission, to lead the country and ME in whole in a new, progressive form of Islam that doesn't include many of the problematic traditions while still respecting modern, Western ideas.
> The Goat Party - Mission, to make sure the export of goats is not rivaled by any other country, at any cost
> The Durka Party - Mission, to make sure the only ones running government are ethnic Durkas!

Feel free to be wacky with the parties!

As far as the nation itself, we have:
> Three major cities, one of which is the capital
> A coastline on our west and south facing the Gulf of Guzradin. On the other side in the East African coastline.
> An eastern border with the larger sheikdom of Zafrat, the big daddy oil state and leader of a major Islamic sect. Rumored by the west and known by the ME to be funding terrorist groups worldwide.
> A northern border shared by Shutar, a small state but older than us, led by a dictator. Shutar shares a border with Israel and the Mediterranean.
> Small territory claimed by radical terrorists. They want to start their own caliphate on our new land. There are no signs they want to spread their land internally, instead having most of their fighting north and east.
>>
Rolled 63, 39, 19, 4, 60 = 185 (5d100)

rolling for points
>>
Rolled 47, 46, 47, 14, 82 = 236 (5d100)

>>1575592
> Party Name
The Beer Party
To start a beer production in country and create a lots of beer tents so that Allah doesn't see.
> Leader
Abdul im Bensadi
> Headquarters
Countryside
>>
>>1575630
>tfw low points
anyhow
>>1575592
>The Neo-Persian Empire Culture Club
>aka NPECC
>Xerxes Athartex
>In the Second biggest city a rather well constructed building from next to ruins of a Temple
>85000$
>100 Seat in Parliament
A rather Popular Party which Pride itself on nationalization of industry by Force, the creation of a Popular Persian army and the Unification of All Persian people under one Flag
>>
Rolled 4, 85, 68, 61, 55 = 273 (5d100)

>>1575592
> Party Name
The United Farmers Conservative Party
> Mission
To support the agricultural roots of the country and flourish into the breadbasket of the Middle East.
> Leader
Abdul Hakim Amerit
>Headquarters
Third most populous city
>>
Rolled 49, 32, 10, 64, 26 = 181 (5d100)

>>1575592
>>
>>1575592
Are funds and Seats the only things to spend points on?
>>
>>1575674
yeah, ik it seems like theres more but theres not
>>
File: United1.png (510KB, 2953x1772px) Image search: [Google]
United1.png
510KB, 2953x1772px
>>1575662
> Party Name
The United Farmers Conservative Party
> Mission
To support the agricultural roots of the country and flourish into the breadbasket of the Middle East.
> Leader
Abdul Hakim Amerit
>Headquarters
Third most populous city
>History
Founded by the young Abdul Hakim Amerit a farmer born in poverty who has gained success through hard work in pursuit of the Terrorstan dream.
> Funds
> Seats in Parliament
>>
Rolled 95, 39, 58, 40, 1 = 233 (5d100)

>>1575592

> Party Name

The Oceanian Boot Party

To ensure an Orwellian islamic dicatorship

> Leader

Muhammed al-Shaid

> Headquarters

The capital

>History

Formed after the Beer party. The OB party has spent it's years laying in wait, for one day there will be the return of the true prophet of Islam George Orwell. He will return when the country emulates his own Qu'ran of 1984
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 119x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 119x168px
>>1575695

>Funds

>Seats in Parliament

>>
>>1575637
150 000
>>
Rolled 62, 54, 84, 63, 91 = 354 (5d100)

>>1575592
Goldhill's Merchent's Pact
A party of happy merchents who wish to dodge taxes in foreign countries. They have chose this great nation for its low taxes and it's great potential.
Leader: Shekava GoldHill
Headquarters: The Capital
>>
>>1575747
All points into my (((funds)))
>>
Rolled 8, 10, 86, 4, 91 = 199 (5d100)

>>1575592
> Party Name
The Islamic Fascist Party
To insure that our country does not fall into the horrors of war again, The Islamic fascist party aims to create a new Terroristan that will not fail like the old one by using a new system of ruling.
> Leader
Aalam Bahri
> Headquarters
The third most populated city
> History
Shortly before the war it began on an online forum for muslims to share their views on the government. After the war, they shot into the world of politics to bring order to a falling country
>>
We will be using a presidential system for this quest. What that means is that:

> Presidents are elected directly from the people during a fixed term
> The executive and legislature are entirely separated
> Presidents are elected IC by devoting funds to campaigning and some random chance. Every candidate has one minor flaw that can bring down approval, but he/she can bring approval up by RPing appropriately to the people
> The legislature is the only ones who proposes laws, and they vote on it via majority. The president has the power to veto a law, whereby after a 2/3 majority must be reached to pass it.
> President can appoint officers of the military, cabinet, and any executive branch.
> The only proposals the president can offer the legislature is trade agreements and war declarations/treaties, to which the legislature must vote on.

To start the game, we will simulate an election. All parties tell me how many funds you put towards campaigning, make your case to the Terroristani people, and roll me a 1d100!
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1575781
Better and Cheaper BEER FOR EVERYONE!!!
10 000$
>>
>>1575778
>Funds
>Seats
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1575781
I promise a more holy and a more powerful Terroristan
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>1575781
I promise a richer, more holy and powerful terroristan with free beer.
>>
Here are regular game actions. Every turn, the legislature can propose new legislation. The first turn, after the election, I will have tabled bills that the legislature needs to vote on.

ACTION MENU:
> Campaigning (uses funds, next legislative elections are five turns after the election. Presidential terms are ten turns, and legislator terms are ten turns)
> Propose Legislation
> Lobby for legislation (uses funds)
> Fund (give money to another faction)
> Media Interview
> Write in (you can be as creative as you can in spending your fund in assets, bribes, etc, just know I will play the judiciary and I may take note of any unethical actions!)
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1575781
>>
>>1575810
Improved agriculture and funding to the poor
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1575808

I promise that there shall be a new and more powerful Terroristan for all who join the party.

Do a media interview
>>
>>1575815
I'm dropping out and giving my campaign funds to the OB party. Use it well
>>
>>1575815
The bright eyed reported shifts her hijab and points the microphone in your face.

"Mr. al-Shaid, what do you think about the reports that Shutari dictator Ali al-Shutar, is sending secret police to kill ethnic Durkas, which comprise 10% of our population?"
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>1575781
Putting 7000$ into campaigning
>>
>>1575808
I'm going to do a Rally near a Monument Of old Persian Heritage and put plenty of fund in this time for it, it'll be a great event the Cornerstone of My Campaign, i'll spend 3000$ for it to let everyone know it'll be great that they should come and i'll stage it at the Capital.
>>
made a congress https://discord.gg/HXVhUYy
>>
>>1575842
The rally is well organized. A modest crowd is arranged at the rally and the media cameras are all on you. How will you address the onlookers?
>>
>>1575830

Thank you Danger, you have the blessing of the Prophet Orwell

>>1575834

"al-Shutar is deluded in his way of using a secret police to kill Durkas. He's swatting at a people like a fly when they aren't even an annoyance much less a threat."
>>
>>1575869
Yet it's the people who decide your fate. Do not disrespect the common voter, for it's their vote that decides our destiny.
>>
>>1575861
Xerxes Athartex begin the speech by Thanking all the people for being here today to witness the Rebirth of our Countr, he move on to flatter the Nation by b ring up how we were the backbone of The Persian Empire and that Terroristani are People destined for great thing and how such wonders can only be built by Working together under God and The Wisedom of a Single Man, unexpectedly halfway throught the Speech he Announce such a Man could not be none Other than Abdul Hakim Amerit he who knows the Value of Charity and Piousness by Helping his brother in Faith and in Land and that the only way to Achieve the Greatness we were destined for is to work together and as Such that he decided to drop out of the Presidential Election to in Stead support Abdul Hakim Amerit.
>>
>>1575875

Why of course, I'm not saying Durkas are a terrible people. Just a mistreated minority. They need a break given to them, but should one be a criminal then that single one shall be punished. Not his whole family.

All men are looked upon by the prophet's eye the same as any other. Should they follow His ways, then they shall be like a child unto him.

But in the world around us. Let the companies do as they please, they have our support
>>
>>1575869
Your approval increases with ethnic Durkas and their sympathetic allies.

Heres the race it looks like
> OBP: $30,000 campaign, 57 roll, Media Interview, IFP endorsement
> GMP: $50,000 campaign, 80 roll
> TBP: $10,000 campaign, 89 roll
> NPECC: $7,000 campaign, 46 roll, Rally
>>
>>1575894
I would like to do a media interview, to swing the election in my favor
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>1575894

I'll add another $40,000 to my campaign. And I'll hold a rally
>>
>>1575883
"This just in! This is live coverage my brothers and sisters, Mr. Athartex just endorsed Mr. Amerit of the UFCF! Mr. Amerit's funds for the campaign is now $17,000, and some NPECC supporters have drifted into UFCF camp!"
>>
>>1575907
"Breaking News! Mr. al-Shaid has added another $40,000 to his campaign, his total funds are now $80,000!"

Current Race:
> OBP: $80,000 campaign, 57 roll, Media Interview, IFP endorsement
> GMP: $50,000 campaign, 80 roll
> UFCF: $17,000 campaign, 49 roll, NPECC endorsement
>>
>>1575808
>>1575920
I'll forward a letter to the TBP affirming that Joining the UFCF is the only way to Produce wheat and malt in Terroristan in sufficient quantity and that as such it'll allow us to become a producer of beer and that he should join the Neo-Persian Farming Plan Coalition for this reason.
>>
Also get in the Discord
https://discord.gg/cfGh65
>>
>>1575907>>1575907

"We now go live to the OBP rally with out political correspondant, Fatima Hubbedin. Fatima"

"Thank you Brother Mahmoud. I am here with thousands of supporters of Mr. al-Shaid, bolstered from the recent endorsement from IFP leadership. His stance condemning Mr. al-Shutar's killing of ethnic Durkas made him popular among our Durka brothers and sisters. Oh, Mahmoud, he's speaking now, lets hear what he has to say."
>>
>>1575904
>>1575942
Media rally when
>>
>>1575904
"Mr. Goldhill, what is your response to criticism from some about allowing American foreign military operations to target areas in our northeastern territories, claimed by the so called Radical Caliphate, or Radiphate?"
>>
>>1575930
>>1575813
No response?
>>
>>1575954
I believe that the Americans have overstepped their bounds. We are a proud nation and we do not need the American's help. I believe that if terroristan troops can easily pave the way to victory with less civilian and military casualties. If I'm elected president, I will bomb the shit out of them.
>>
>>1575942

al-Shaid thanks everyone who has come here, humbled by the presence of so many people united to follow him into the bright new future that will be laid out. He tells everyone that in this day and age just like all the times before, there are people who can perform great acts of villainy such is the case with al-Shutar's madness in killing Durkas. For all are equal in the eyes of Allah and his prophet, there is an oath that the people shall be protected in times of crisis. Terroristan shall rise from the ashes of poverty and disparity into a new golden age. It may be a slow process, it may not show immediately, but our children and children's children will live days that shall be joyous and good. Thank everyone for coming, and may Allah and his Prophet bless each and everyone of them this day.
>>
>>1575976
The big headlines tonight: al-Shaid, Optimist. Will he deliver? Big divide among younger and older voters. al-Shaid gains youthful supporters!

>>1575965
Goldhill's Terroristan first approach gains him support from Military Nationalists.

Current Race:
> OBP: $80,000 campaign, 57 roll, Media Interview, IFP endorsement, Rally
> GMP: $50,000 campaign, 80 roll, Media Interview
> UFCF: $17,000 campaign, 49 roll, NPECC endorsement
>>
>>1575993

And so I set it alllll up.

I'll send a letter to Goldhill, private meeting between the two of us.
>>
>>1576001
Do you have a discord account, we can DM through there
>>
>>1576006
>>1576001
"Mr. Goldhill, sir, I'm a campaign aide, Shaif Kahrdwaj, I have an invite for you from Mr. al-Shaid to a private meeting. Don't worry, it is in the capital and Capital Military Police (CMP) will be guarding outside the room. Do you accept?"
>>
>>1576013
Of course
>>
>>1576016
>>1576001
Mr. al-Shaid and Goldhill shake hands. They wear a blend of west and east, both having western suits but wearing the native cultural silk and hide hats.

After drinking native made tea and eating juicy dates, they come to business.

Mr. al-Shaid begins by saying:
>>
>>1575993
The UFC in coordination with our NPECC allies shall launch a massive combined tour of the entire country through rural and more industrialized areas! Focusing on talking about the creation of new jobs and the economic prosperity of Terrorstan!

We will also be adding 50,000 to our campaign fund!
>>
>>1576055
NPECC will add 20,000 to Campaign Funds
>>
>>1576030

"It's good to be speaking with you Mr. Goldhill. I've invited you here on the premise that both you and I can be good allies and friends. Just tell me what you want and I'll see if it can be done, and I tell you what I want. I believe that you and I both can gain from a partnership."
>>
>>1576092
Well you see Mr. Al-Shaaid I want many things. Chief most is to see this great nation made great again. Now I'm not adverse to us forming a coalition, but the only question is who shall get president. Unless you want dual rulership of this great nation.
>>
>>1576102

"As much as I want to be president, I wouldn't mind a dual rulership in sacrifice, and I wish to make this country a thousand times greater than it was before. I figured that you'd wish the same, forming a coalition that will carry this country forward. But there was a part of me that questioned if you'd agree to this, I'm glad to know our goals are the same."
>>
>>1576119
I agree to this deal. Now let's win us an election.
>>
>>1576129
>>1576119
>Dual rulership
This doesn't exist constitutionaly you have to decide who become's PM and who Become President
>>
>>1576129
"Hi, Mr. al-Shaaid? Yeah, its Mr. al-Lawuya, I studied Tahrastani law at Capital University? Yeah, you can't just make a dual presidency without passing a motion to change Tahristani Constitution in congress, and even then, it wouldn't pass in time to affect this election.

You CAN offere Mr. Goldhill a position in your cabinet as Finance Minister, Foreign Minister, Agriculture Minister, Buve President, etc. He would serve in your executive council bur have no powers in the legislature."
>>
>>1576141
Mashallah, I meant Vice President not Buve President
>>
>>1576119
>>1576141
Just give control of the financial and political ministries to my party and I'll support your bid for president
>>
>>1576157

"You shall be the minister of finance, foreign affairs, and other political ministries. Thank you for your support. However, we must agree that we will not betray one another. Agreed?"
>>
>>1576077
For their great contributions to our cause and campaign the NPECC will be our Finance Minister should I be elected!
>>
>>1576165
I see no reason to betray you, so agreed
I highly recommend you get a discord account, it's free and it takes less then a minute
>>
>>1576055
>>1576055
>>1576077
"This just in, UFCP candidate Mr. Amerit and his NPECC allies have added a combined sum of 70,000 to their campaign! Mr. Amerit tours the countryside with a message appealing to the Rural citizens. He may have encouraged voters who wouldnt usually vote to support him!"

Gonna have to wrap it up now, everyone has one last chance to fund ONLY, no more extra actions. The final candidates are all invited to a public debate. Reply if you accept: Mr. Amerit of UFCP, Mr. al-Shaiid of OBP, and Mr. Bensadi of TBP
>>
>>1576174

"Perfect. Let us win an election."

I'll get to it

>>1576185

I accept
>>
>>1576185
Increasing funding by 10,000
>>
>>1576185
I accept!
>>
After, much thought and prayer, The Islamic Fascist Party will now support The UFCP in their campaign to leadership
>>1576185
>>
>>1576185
Spend 20k to campaign across the country
>>
>>1576209
I would like to thank the IFP for their support and welcome them should I win to act as my Foreign Minister!
>>
>>1576185
Adding another 10,000
>>
>>1576213
I'll send them 15,000 and good luck
>>
>>1576194
Make sure to point out that fascism isn't compatible with democracy and that both CTSO and NATO might take action if they learn of fascist sympathizers in the government.
>>
>>1575993 #
>>1576228 #
>>1576232 #
>>1576212 #
Ok, no more finding for GMP, IFP, and NPECC. Current race:
> UFCP: $122,000 campaign, 49 roll, NPECC and IFP endorsement, rural campaign
> OBP: $150,000 campaign, 57 roll, GMP endorsement, Media Interview
>>
>>1576205
>>1576194
Waiting a little longer for TBP anon
>>
>>1576300
"Good evening everyone, I am Tariq Nasruddin, Chief Anchor of Tahristan National News Network, and moderator of this debate. On the stage, we are joined by Mr. Amerit of UFCP and Mr. al-Shaiid of OBP. An invitation was sent to Mr. Bensadi, but he has not accepeted.

The debate will be simple enough. I will introduce two questions, to which each candidate may present their case. After one has responded, the other has an opportunity to respond to his comment. I expect the debate to have as few shoes and goat dung thrown as possible. We will end with each candidate giving concluding arguments to the Tahrastani people.

First question to Mr. al-Shaiid: your opponent has proposed a plan to provide new jobs to increase Tahrastani economic prosperity. What initiatives will you take as president, using your powers of negotiating with other countries, creating new departments, and lobbying for legislations, to bring this dream to a reality?"

Both candidates can answer btw, you dont need to wait.
>>
>>1576375
"Thank you for having us here tonight Mr. Nasruddin! As President of this country I would begin by helping but the food and money of this great country back on the table of the working man! Too long have we been ripped apart by strife and petty rivalries! The Quran states “None of you have faith until you love for your neighbor"! We shall rip down petty differences! Binding together our nation through strong agricultural investment and a strong investment in education so our children can grow strong and wise! While my opponent has sold himself out to the foreign interests of the Goldhill pact I will stand strong with my Tahristan FIRST Policy!"
>>
Don't forget to mention that he has anti and pro Islamic parties in his coalition.
>>
>>1576397
"Interesting, thank you for your answer. Mr. al-Shaiid, your response?"
>>
>>1576397

"Your policies have left this country in nothing more than a state of squalor and decay. Have you done anything for these people? Did you give them jobs? No. You merely lined your own pockets with money taken by hard working members of the country to support you and your friends' agendas. I work with the Goldhill pact so that I may give this wonderful nation a FUTURE! While you merely want to bring it on a slow grind into nothing more than another third-world country in the eyes of the world."
>>
>>1576762
>Your policies have left this country in nothing more than a state of squalor and decay.
>tfw Democracy just begun and people are already blaming eachothers
>>
>>1576762
"Mr. Amerit, you have a one minute rebuttal before we move on to the next question."
>>
>>1576776
"Sir are you mad? This is the first election ever held in Tahristan! Our people deserve a brighter future, not having their dreams sold out to foreign interests! Who cares what the world thinks! We are Tahristan and the world can damn itself to hell for all I care! We stand for Tahristan first! We will build a nation unique onto itself, not some bastardization of westerner whoring and lead by a man who would blame me for the woes of the country before I have even won! Or maybe you simply believe I will win!"
>>
>>1576779
"Alright, times up Mr. Amerit, time to move on to our second question.

A recent poll from our city and large villages reveal that 47% of Tahrastanis do not believe that American intervention is necessary to clean our borders of Radiphate insurgents. However, there are also those that believe accepting allied help frees our government to build vital domestic infrastructure that can help plant our nation as a root of Middle Eastern democracy.

Do you support accepting American interference in eliminating Radiphate targets within our borders?"
>>
>>1576787
"Tahristan must stand strong to show that we can hold our own against the threats to our great nation, America must stop their blatant violation of our sovereignty! If America wishes to help they can do so by supplying our army with the proper tools to destroy this threat! Tahristan must grow and rebuild, threats to our nation will be destroyed and we will prosper! But one thing is clear, America cannot continue to blatantly violate our sovereignty!"
>>
>>1576799
"Thank you, Mr. Amerit. What would you like to add or comment, Mr. al-Shaiid?
>>
While we wait for OBP, heres how the election looks so far, pre-debate.

1 - Initial Polls
2 - First Funding Drive
3 - IFP drops out, endorses OBP, OBP does a media interview
4 - NPECC rally, announces endorsement of UFCP, drops out
5 - OBP rally
6 - GMP drops out, endorses OBP
7 - UFCP funding and campaign drive, focused on jobs
8 - Final pre-debate funding
>>
Rolled 66, 20, 44, 34, 12 = 176 (5d100)

Rolling for points
>>
>>1578240
> Tehristan People's Party
> Our mission is to secure the resources and land of Tehristan for the people and rebuilding Tehristan as a truly independent state, away from the influence and control of other foreign country. We shall give back what was taken from our people by war and politi al struggle back to them. Also we will aim to retake our lands that are illegally taken by Israel.
> Al-Mahmud Ismail bin Al-Ayubbi, a direct bloodline of the Tehristani sultanate.
> A northern border shared by Shutar, a small state but older than us, led by a dictator. Shutar shares a border with Israel and the Mediterranean.
> A newly formed party started by a descendant of the Sultanate of Tehristan of old, it starts as an NGO dedicated to helping the people of Tehristan near the end of the war. It became a political party to uphold the importance of the Tehristan's people through the eyes of those who have seen its suffering.
> 1000000
> 76 seats
>>
If OBPanon doesnt come back in the next hour I'll continue the debate and GMP will take his place
>>
Rolled 42, 25, 16, 73, 38 = 194 (5d100)

>>
> Party Name - Citizens for the Democratic Advancement of Tehristan(CDAT)
> Mission - Tehristanis that believe in a western-style democratic state that values freedom of speech, press, movement, enterprise and religion. Wish to cooperate with the Western powers to secure recognition, trade and investments for our homeland
> Leader - Aziz Sardar Khoroushi - Harvard graduate
> Headquarters - the capital, Bag-cap
> History - Tehristani expats, educated middle class citizens and intellectuals with an appreciation for Constitutionalism, democracy, freedom, liberty and secularism. A number of lawmakers that participated in writing the new Constitution, shocked at the appearance of so many radical parties, chose to form a coalition party of likeminded, liberal Tehristanis.
> Funds - 100 000 $
> Seats in Parliament - 94
>>
>>1576813
"Mr. al-Shaiid? Mr. al-Shai--- oh, Oh, ya Allahi, he's turning green!"

Mr. al-Shaiid proceeds to vomit on camera. He complains that his stomach protested to his diet of raw goat and dates. He is escorted off camera.

The producer comes out, asking if they should stop the debate. Mr. al-Shaiid points to his companion, Mr. Goldhill. They quickly bring him up to the podium and repeat the question.

"Thank you for coming in such short notice, Mr. Goldhill.

A recent poll from our city and large villages reveal that 47% of Tahrastanis do not believe that American intervention is necessary to clean our borders of Radiphate insurgents. However, there are also those that believe accepting allied help frees our government to build vital domestic infrastructure that can help plant our nation as a root of Middle Eastern democracy.

Do you support accepting American interference in eliminating Radiphate targets within our borders?"
>>
>>1578360
Do I support the American involvement in the war against the caliphate? A very good question, but I must admit that I do not support them. While their air strikes have helped in the past, the rampant disregard for civilian life is unacceptable. I believe that our strong military could easily clear out these radicals if given the proper tools. Now I know some voters worry that increased military spending will weaken our infrastructure. For this reason I am willing to use party funds to attract investors and build schools, hospitals and roads for you, the people. That's right, we are willing to spend our own money to see the well being of this great nation.
>>
>>1578378
"Very nice point of view, Mr. Goldhill. Would you like to respond Mr. Amerit? You have one minute."
>>
>>1578394
"You would have the country hand over it's infrastructure to the likes of you? I can now see through you completely Mr. Goldhill! You are nothing but a profiteer seeking to gain from the creation of our new nation! Tehrastan must be held together as a strong state now bowing to foreign investors such as yourself! You promise the people of our great nation a chance to sell themselves to you not a chance to rebuild! You disgust me sir! We must put Tehrastan First or we will be all picked to pieces by Vultures like Mr. Goldhill!"
>>
>>1578415
You wish to bankrupt this country and turn our back on the world because of your radical brand of nationalism? While it's a nice fantasy to believe that we can do everything by ourself, but that's what it is, a fantasy. We need to establish trade and alliances across the world if we wish to become a free, independent power. I offered to spend my own money to build infrastructure to hand over to the state and yet you obeject? You are willing to waste this generation because of your delusions. If anyone is the villain it's you Mr. Amerit, you wish to bring ruin to this country, all so you and your cronies can live a life of luxury.
>>
>>1578446
"Alright, its time to wrap it up Mr. Goldhill, thank you.

I'd like to end today's program with final remarks. You each have three minutes to look into the camera and tell the people of Tahristan why you should be elected the First President of our beautiful country.

It is a good time to discuss platform, policies, and what you or your allies can do that the others cannot."
>>
>>1578456
"I want to take this time to outline our basic policy of land reform. If I am elected president I will pass legislature with the help of my coalition to buy land from the current large feudal land lords/large land owners at the fair price to be sold back to the serfs with at a 30 percent mark down with a loan payable over 25 years with low interest! Well will create a strong commission of 10 dependable men to oversee and ensure every farmer has enough to live and prosper off of! We are giving the land back to the people! We will make Tahristan the jewel of the Middle East and only you can help us!"
>>
>>1578456
When I first arrived in Tahristan, I saw the building blocks of a great, strong and powerful nation. It's the only reason why I stayed. In order to see this dream come true, to see this great nation rise out of the chaos of this region. I have put down hard cash to see this country rise to power. I have chosen to give up my life of luxury to see the great people of Tahristan rise to power. I hope you see the great love I have for this nation, and support a strong stable regime. Thank you and good night
>>
>>1578478
>>1578471
"Ok, brothers and sisters, that is all the time we have for you today, I would like to thank Mr. Amerit and Mr. Goldhill, as well as the previously capable Mr. al-Shaiid for participating in this debate this evening. Regardless of whether you support Mr. Amerit or Mr. al-Shaiid, they both agree on one thing: that you should vote, inshallah. Thank you for watching, and good night!"

------------------- ELECTION NIGHT -------------------

The results are in and it looks like the first president of our nation will be... MISTER ABDUL HAKIN AMERIT OF THE UNITED FARMERS CONSERVATIVE PARTY!

More than halfway through the vote count, the momentum seemed to favor Mr. Amerit greatly, and Mr. al-Shaiid of OBP has pulled out his candidacy. Congratulations Mr. Amerit, you now have the powers of president, including the power to negotiate treaties, wage war, and create departments! You can select members to act in your Cabinet, either from your party, or other players! Parties who have cabinet members are able to interact in executive decisions, including interacting with foreign governments, proposing a budget to be voted on, and accessing data based on your current assigned area! Here are the available positions:

> Finance
> Defense
> Foreign Affairs
> Labor
> Agriculture
> Healthcare
> Other (write in)

NOTE: If a party has no members in the cabinet, THEY CANNOT MAKE EXECUTIVE DECISIONS!

Ex. Party ABC has 100 members. Two are selected in the cabinet. The player has a say in these sectors, but now has 98 seats in the legislature.

Ex 2. Party XYZ has 100 members. None are selected in the cabinet. While player XYZ can vote and propose legislation, he will have no executive authority.

Ex 3. Party JKL wins the election. He assigns nonpartisan members of cabinet. Nobody except his party is allowed to make decisions. Since he operates one president and the rest are NPC nonpartisans, he loses one member in the legislature, who is now president.

Also, I don't want to calculate everyones current funds, so if you could do me a favor and reply here or keep track of it yourself, we'll all have more fun, thanks.
>>
>>1578531
>>
>>1578531
Also, unnecessary, but the President may make a speech to the nation if he chooses. After the cabinet is selected, we will start regular turns.

Turns will be split between executive and legislative branches. For convenience, every turn decides a month of the year. I will say more afterwards.
>>
>>1578531
38000$ left in the bank, we should setup our own currency
>>
>>1578531
> Finance : NPECC
> Defense : IFP
> Foreign Affairs : CDAT
> Labor : Nonpartisan
> Agriculture : UFCP
> Healthcare : TPP
> Education: Nonpartisan
> Infrastructure: Nonpartisan
>>
>>1578531
140 000
>>
>>1578531
Proposed Budget:

> Finance : 5 million
> Defense : 1 million
> Foreign Affairs : 1 million
> Labor : 5 million
> Agriculture : 10 million
> Healthcare : 2 million
> Education: 5 million
> Infrastructure: 9 million
> Others: 1 million
50 million
>>
>>1578566
The CDAT has a party budget of 100 000 USD, 1 minister in the cabinet and 93 representatives in parliament. We vote in favour of the proposed budget. Foreign Minister Khoroushi will work with the Finance Minister on securing a loan of fifty million USD from western banks at the lowest possible interest rates.
>>
>>1578566
NPECC has a Budget of 38000$, 100 Representative in Parliement, Xerxes Athartex the current Party leader and Financial Minister and vote in favor of The current Budget and accept to fully cooperatewith the Foreign ministry to Secure the Budget Through a Loan That should amount to 50 Million USD.
>>
Now that the election has subdued, the first session of the Republic of Tahristan's Congress is in session! Heres how it will work:

> Every player can choose to vote, debate, amend, or table a bill.
> Voting means you will decide whether to make it a law or not. Usually this happens after you debate.
> Debating means you try and convince others why a bill should be a law or not
> Amending means you propose to edit the bill to add or subtract provisions. For convenience, if a proposed amendment passes by majority, it becomes law
> Tabling means you choose not to discuss the bill at this time, and next turn it will be there to be discussed or not.

TAHRISTAN – FIRST MONTH AGENDA

Tabled Bills:
> Rice Tariff: A Proposed Increase on Tariffs From Imported Rice to Help Support Local Agriculture

PROS: It will be a loud declaration to the world that Tahristan does not need to be dependent on any one nation for rice. Obviously, the agriculture industry within our nation will also flourish. Tahristan Nationalists and Farmers support this bill.
CONS: Being just recently founded, there is no way that agriculture can reasonably be developed enough to support the nation soon after the bill is introduced. That will lead to a definite, initial shortage of rice for rice consumers in our state, of which there are many: a recent poll states that 89% of Tahristanis eat rice at least once a day. Furthermore, our foreign rice suppliers, being Pradesh and Industan, will no doubt retaliate by taxing our goat exports to their countries. Economic Liberals and Rice Consumers oppose this bill.

> Polygamous Marriage: A Bill to Officially Recognize the Sanctity of Polygamous Marriages Between One Man and Multiple Women

PROS: It is written in the Quran that the prophet Mohammed had thirteen wives of various ages! So for what purpose would the law prohibit a man to marry multiple wives in our blessed country? Is it not taught by our mullahs that we must follow Mohammed’s example? Some praticalists note that the state can profit from offering multiple marriage certificates variable on the number of wives a man takes. Many Quran Literalists, and a polled 43% of Tahristani men support this bill, along with Radiphate symapthizers and the Zafrati Government, who already has a law similar to this.
CONS: The double standards implied in the bill are obvious to women and progressive, young Tahrastanis. Countless studies from Tahristan and other universities have reflected that the dynamics of a polygamous relationship demean the women as little more than property, as well as increase potential for the husband to radicalize. Human rights organizations will watch carefully and lobby for western governments to limit interactions with us, as we don’t have enough resources to justify America to overlook a law like this like Zafrat does.
>>
> Persian National Holiday: To Celebrate our Heritage and Culture

PROS: The proposed holiday to be nationalized is Sadeh. It is a midwinter festival that honors the defeat of darkness, frost, and cold by glorious fire. Our Zoroastrian minority (reported 5% of the population) already celebrates it in private, and will be overjoyed by the recognition they have from a National Holiday. Furthermore, progressive Tahristanis and Tahristan nationalists both agree on this bill, and its potential to both unite the country as remind the youth of their powerful history. Many industries who would benefit from mass, public festivities also see the potential in this.
CONS: Islamic fundamentalists vehemently oppose this bill, claiming that Tahristan is an Islamic state, and it is blasphemous to have a day tolerating an infidel religion. These include our conservative mullahs, Radiphate sympathizers, and some radical Islamic countries including our neighbors Zafrat and Shutar.

> Propose Bill
>>
EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:

CABINET:
> President: Amerit (UFCP)
> Finance : Athartex (NPECC)
> Defense : Bahri (IFP)
> Foreign Affairs : Khoroushi (CDAT)
> Labor : Nonpartisan
> Agriculture : UFCP member
> Healthcare : al-Ayyubi (TPP)
> Education: Nonpartisan
> Infrastructure: Nonpartisan

Population: 5 million
Propose Budget:
Loans: $50 million
Estimated Revenue YTD: $750 million
Total Budget: $50 million

PROPOSED BUDGET:
>1578566 (hint: THE LEGISLATURE MUST VOTE ON THIS BY MAJORITY TO PASS)

> US wants to ‘cooperate’ with Tahristani military to help eradicate and take back Radipahte insurrection to the northeast. They suggest establishing a small base near your northwestern most major city. If not, they ask permission to launch drone strikes near the region, but cannot promise a nonzero number of civilian casualties. Failure of any of these points will result in withdrawal of foreign aid, humanitarian aid, and future military cooperation.

> The department of agriculture is faced with a dilemma – how to define what is halal? Here are the key points of debate:
- Should the government regulate whether meat is halal or not? Or is that none of their business?
- Should the government only restrict meat manufacturers to Muslims, and prohibit non-Muslims from working there?
- Should the government spend money to sends Agents from the Agriculture Ministry to hold regular inspections? And if so, how regular?
- Should certain foods, like pork, alcohol, and animals not slaughtered properly be prohibited? How would we enforce this?

What will the Minister of Agriculture’s approach be to this issue?

> While the girls in the big cities have educational experiences equivalent to boys, it is obvious that village girls are often times ignored, absent, or even prohibited from seeking education. It is the role of the education minister to address this issue, but how?
- Should the government incentivize teachers to move out into the villages ?
- Should Agents from the Education Ministry be sent to regulate classrooms, and if so, how regularly?
- Should education include daily prayers? Should Islam be taught in any way that is indoctrinatory?
- Should a program be enforced to bring village girls into the city and be taught there?
>>
>>1578811
shit the proposed budget is >>1578566
the legislature must vote on it >>1578786
>>
>>1578786
>Rice Tariff
Voting against For the simple reason that we don't produce rice, it's useless to tax it when our coun try is almost suffering from Famine
>Polygamous Marriage
Against due to the need of repopulation we cannot afford to have unequal amount of Wives otherwise we will face an manpower problem and Muslims will face the risk of destruction by the Hand of Israel if this Happen
>Persian National Holiday
It is Important to support our National history Just as much as the Majority Religion of our Country.
>US Policy
We should propose that they setup a Minor Base and participate in a Joint Military Program to help us train our Troops and Potentially Supply weapons in this base, However we will not allow more than around 10,000 troops.
If they wish we will also allow Drone strike if request prior to intervention to our Governement and Defence ministry with explicit accord of Both Bahri and Amerit.
>Should the government regulate whether meat is halal or not? Or is that none of their business?
We should Import meat as a Luxury Item from countries that already have certified standarts regarding it and otherwise let the private parties inside the country decide.
>Should the government only restrict meat manufacturers to Muslims,and prohibit non-Muslims from working there?
It is Obvious that Meat manufactureres that are non-muslims are important to export worldwide and generate profit for our Nation and therefore must be allowed to operate on our Soil if they pay taxes.
>Should the government spend money to sends Agents from the Agriculture Ministry to hold regular inspections?And if so,how regular?
Inspection should mostly be guided toward increasing production quality and quantity and aim to educate the farmers and not punish or incapacitate their ability to produce wealth, inspection should happen Yearly to report production and in case of reported problem such as droughts should happen Monthly.
>Should certain foods, like pork, alcohol, and animals not slaughtered properly be prohibited? How would we enforce this?
Since we are Unable to Enforce this and doing so would be Problematic if we wish to create a Tourism industry like Egypt it is wiser for now until a scandal erupt to avoid Invasive legislation.
>Should the government incentivize teachers to move out into the villages ?
I believe Teachers already have their hands full in the cities, we risk creating disparity and inbalance by encouraging such an exodus.
>Should Agents from the Education Ministry be sent to regulate classrooms, and if so, how regularly?
Teachers should be Inspected every two years without Pre-written or announced Notice.
>Should education include daily prayers? Should Islam be taught in any way that is indoctrinatory?
the Qu'ran should be a Cultural item of Great Importance to be studied but faith can only come outside of education and indoctrination.
>Should a program be enforced to bring village girls into the city and be taught there?
This is dangerous, No.
>>
CDAT(93 reps) will vote against imposing tariffs, against the Polygamy bill and in favour of the Persian National Holiday.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Khoroushi will go forward with negotiating the establishment of a US military base in northwest Tahristan - we hope to use this as a way to combat the insurgents, prevent needless loss of life, improve relations with the West and attract more investments and aid by showing our willingness to work with them.
>>
>>1578864
>Should education include daily prayers? Should Islam be taught in any way that is indoctrinatory?
Islam as a faith and a way of life must be taught as a mandatory subject at school
>>
>>1579083
>Islam as a faith and a way of life must be taught as a mandatory subject at school
Such is self evident but in the light of recent Event we've seen what states invoking Islams can cause, Sunni and Shia Murdering eahcother while sharing common faith whilst the Jew line their pockets on our misery, i fear that by increasing the amount of Theology studied in our education we also risk creating tension, what if a Sunni teacher end up getting into trouble with a Shia Family?
Theology is a Highly Advanced Science and is far too complicated to be seriously studied in primary education which is why i'd rather push for Studies of the History of the Islamic world teaching from the Islamic Golden Age to the recent bloody conflicts we've been facing.
The Qu'ran of course as the most common book in our country should be carefully read by many as it is the only for us to Simply in the first place encourage the population to read and teach their childrens to read to that they may understand and apply the word of God.
I think it's best we stay remote for this issue until Public pressure wishes we take a stance instead of trying to impose upon the Faithful something that might turn them against their own brothers in faith.
>>
>Rice Tariff
Well we can't build a great nation on an empty stomach. Vote No
>Polygamy
This one troubles me. But I'd like to vote to Amend this. If treated properly, we can insure America that it has nothing to worry about
>Persian Holiday
I vote no. Let the minority celebrate in private if they must, but I wont stand to watch them parade their blasphemy through the streets. I'll be open to change vote however.
>US base
I vote yes
>>
>>1579127
While it is true that friction might occur between the Shia and Sunni, I still think that basic knowledge of religion such as how to perform prayers, Islamic etiquette and reading of Quran must be thought on primary level education. Other more successful 3rd world country such as Indonesia and Malaysia even have kindergartens that are dedicated to educating childrens on the teachings of Islam. I fear that the future generation will forget the duties they have to carry out as a Muslim and we shall be damned for not preventing it. Would you like to see that the ones filling our mosques are old men who cant even stand up straight anymore while young people waste away their time in immoral behaviours such as drug abuse and adultery? I fear for the future of our future generations without the foundations of faith in their hearts.
>>
>>1579193
Then it is the Responsability of the Old man and not the state to educate his childrens properly.
We cannot teach them all they need to know because we aren't sure what to teach in the first place.
The Caliphate itself which is a crisis with which we are suffering arise from the claim that Other tha Ali muhhamad's son in Law would have been rightful leadership however it is still a point of debate between Sunni and Shia even today and as such we should stay removed from theses claims altogether least we risk create further tension and anger Shia and Sunni Alike.
It is best to not draw a carriage with Mule and a Horse least you end up falling off a cliff.
Malaysia and Indonesia do not suffer of similar problem our country is still divided inbetween Sunni and Shia while theirs do not share this characteristics and as such are not comparable to our situation, they do not risk facing religious disunity for they all interpret the Qu'ran in a similar way.
>>
>>1579151
AN AMENDMENT HAS BEEN PROPOSED. What is your proposed amendment, IFP member of parliament?

>>1578879
The MFA has made a recommendation. Does the President agree, and in the future, does the president prefer foreign affairs matters to be completely on the MFA?

IFP, CDAT and NPECC have voted on all the tabled bills. Waiting on the other parties.

CDAT - 92
IFP - 48
NPECC - 99
TPP - 75
UFCP - 199
GMP - ??? (GMPanon can turn funds into MPs if he wants, or RP as a political pundit)
(Gonna omit the inactive parties, this is the current legislature.)
>>
>>1579151
>us base
hmmmm
>>
>>1578811
> US wants to ‘cooperate’ with Tahristani military to help eradicate and take back Radipahte insurrection to the northeast. They suggest establishing a small base near your northwestern most major city. If not, they ask permission to launch drone strikes near the region, but cannot promise a nonzero number of civilian casualties. Failure of any of these points will result in withdrawal of foreign aid, humanitarian aid, and future military cooperation.
Accept

Should the government regulate whether meat is halal or not? Or is that none of their business?
At the moment the government has no way of completely controlling the wether or not meat is wholly Halal or not. Those who wish to can import meat from other countries but we shall simply trust our fine men and women to produce Halal products!
Should the government only restrict meat manufacturers to Muslims, and prohibit non-Muslims from working there?
They will be allowed but must mark their products as non-Halal
- Should the government spend money to sends Agents from the Agriculture Ministry to hold regular inspections? And if so, how regular?
- Should certain foods, like pork, alcohol, and animals not slaughtered properly be prohibited? How would we enforce this?
It is every godly mans duty to watch out for him and his own, we will not prohibit such thing but we encourage people to not practice such things.

> While the girls in the big cities have educational experiences equivalent to boys, it is obvious that village girls are often times ignored, absent, or even prohibited from seeking education. It is the role of the education minister to address this issue, but how?
Should the government incentivize teachers to move out into the villages ?
At the moment our they will focus on the cities but we have plans to expand their reaches soon.
Should Agents from the Education Ministry be sent to regulate classrooms, and if so, how regularly?
Agents from the Ministry of education will conduction monthly checks in the cites, and make rounds of the villages twice per year.
- Should education include daily prayers? Should Islam be taught in any way that is indoctrinatory?
Education will include a daily prayer for all students to Allah, however no other religious teachings will be enforced
Should a program be enforced to bring village girls into the city and be taught there?
No, they should be taught in their own villages

Tabled Bills:
> Rice Tariff: A Proposed Increase on Tariffs From Imported Rice to Help Support Local Agriculture
Amendment: This Bill should be renamed to the Tahristan Agriculture Construction Bill, and with we shall empower the ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Infrastructure to begin rebuilding the fractured areas of our land. Roads shall be constructed, wells dug, new dams built, forests will be taken care of and water resources shall be carefully managed.
>>
>>1579686
> Polygamous Marriage: A Bill to Officially Recognize the Sanctity of Polygamous Marriages Between One Man and Multiple Women
Amendment: The Right to Polygamy will be accepted but for every Wife beyond the first one the cost of the marriage certificate will multiply by ten and the taxes of the husband shall increase. For if one is wealthy enough to keep many wives they can afford to help the nation!

> Persian National Holiday: To Celebrate our Heritage and Culture
We must celebrate our heritage and who can complain about another day off work! We shall simply divorce the festivities mostly away from their religious meaning towards a celebration of history in most cases!
>>
>>1579690
Supporting the tax
>>
>>1579569
>UN
kek
>>
>>1579521
I porpose we not only allow Polygamy but polyandry as well. In order to keep away from creating contusing relationships, A person shall not be able to marry someone who is already married but they may take more than one partner. By giving equal rights to the strong women of Tahristan, America will have nothing to worry about. This will be a strong move forward for Tahristan while also keeping our Islamic culture intact. I hope my fellow Tahristanis feel the same.
>>
TAHRISTAN DEMOGRAPHICS:

Religious:
> Muslim - Shia: 61%
> Muslim - Sunni: 37%
> Zoroastrian: 1.5%
> Other: 0.5%

Ethnic:
> Persian - 66%
> Zafrati - 23%
> Durka - 10%
> Other - ~1%

CONGRESS STATUS:
> Rice Tariff
For: None
Against: CDAT, IFP
Amend: UFCP, NPECC
Undecided: TPP
> Polygamous Marriage
Against: CDAT
Amend: IFP, UFCP, NPECC
> Sadeh Holiday
For: NPECC, CDAT, UFCP
Against: IFP
Amend: None

EXECUTIVE COUNCIL DECISIONS:
> The US offer to establish a base near the northwestern most major city is accepted. They hope that this would help improve relations with the west, along with being able to reclaim their territories and secure their borders. Many remember the debate where then candidate Amerit shouted that 'America must stop their blatant violation of our sovereignty!', and find it contradictory to accept help now.
> Education Issue: Teachers will focus on the cities, with a long term goal to creep out into the villages. Agents from the Education Ministry will regulate city schools monthly, while making rounds in the villages twice a year. Daily prayer will be mandated to Allah, but no religious teachings will be enforced.
> Halal Issue: Government will not attempt to control halal meat. Non-halal products will be marked as such. It is unclear whether Agriculture Agents will be sent to oversee whether meat production is halal

To be clear, the nonpartisan cabinet positions will be run by the party of the president. Let's call it 'privelege'.
>>
Rolled 75, 21, 76, 35, 27 = 234 (5d100)

The Green Party has started campaigning for next elections. At the moment I, Thanatos am the leader of the party.

Our focus is on the environment, education, and peace.

Our first main aim is to get the Education Council position.

The headquarters is in the highest educated area of the capital.
>>
>>1580129
230 seats, 4 thousand campaign dollars.

Sort of opposite the jew guy. I have lots of seats but very little money.
>>
>>1580079
I support the amendment of the Rice Tariff that the UFCP and NPECC proposed. My party (previously just part of the Non Partisan) doesn't mind either against or in support of the amendment passing, but wishes to be a part of active proposing of bills and making laws, so by supporting this amendment there is a sense of movement.

Our party is against Polygamous Marriage completely, support CDAT.

Polygamy benefits very few men and even fewer women. If some men have many wives then that is a bunch of men not having access to a wife.

Women also need to be equal in some way, without needing to compete with other women after marriage.

Sadeh Holiday is backed by our party. Holidays are always a cause for celebration, and our party supports minority cultures provided they are not sabotaging the country.

Our party opposes the US intervention since intervention always fucks over the region.
>>
I will drop to being a minor party, since I am newer than the other players.

30 seats, 204 thousand campaign dollars.

And I would like to be elected Minister of Education.
>>
In the interest of realism and not fucking up the game, I will be adding some new mechanics/rules/whatever.

New parties joining in late will not have the ability to be representative of more than 10% of the seats.

Total seats is now 500. All current parties including Akhdir are included ONLY. If you want to join, you gotta do it next election cycle, or hope to be appointed to the cabinet by the current president.

ADJUSTED SEATS:
> CDAT - 85
> IFP - 44
> NPECC - 91
> TPP - 69
> UFCP - 183
> AKP - 18
> GMP - 10
>>
>>1580196
get in the discord it's easier https://discord.gg/b73VX8
>>
CDAT will support the president's amendments
>>
>>1580247
Updating
CONGRESS STATUS:
> Rice Tariff
Amend: UFCP, NPECC, CDAT
> Polygamous Marriage
Against: None
Amend: IFP, UFCP, NPECC, CDAT
> Sadeh Holiday
For: NPECC, CDAT, UFCP

So in other words:
> Rice Tariff Amendment - 359, well over a majority. This law will pass, assuming the president does not veto
> Polygamous Marriage Amenment - 403, well over majority. This law will pass, assuming the president does not veto
> Sadeh Holiday - 359, well over a majority. This law will pass, assuming the president does not veto

We can assume that current business is dealt with, so now on to new business. Do any prestigious members of congress have a bill they would like to propose?
>>
File: politicivprogress.png (85KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
politicivprogress.png
85KB, 800x1200px
>>1581800
If no new business is dealt with, I will move on. Here is a sheet of our progress, I will update as we go through the years.
>>
>>1581941
So when a cabinet position is not taken by a person, it will be Nonpartisan?
>>
>>1581981
No, the President chooses members of his cabinet, and he can choose to nominate a nonpartisan member in a certain position. He can theoretically flood his cabinet entirely with members of his own party or his allies party.

The President also reserves the right to fire and hire new cabinet members.

Cabinet members have authority on decisions related to their assigned area. The president has power over all cabinet area decisions. If he chooses, the President can reserve the right to decide on cabinet actions to the appropriate minister of that area.

In other words, one party can hold multiple cabinet positions if the president allows it.
>>
>>1581998
Ah okay, that's what I figured the process was.
>>
First Quarter is finished, onto next quarter!

EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:

Propose Budget:
Estimated Revenue YTD: $775 million

PROPOSED BUDGET:

Expenses:
> Finance : 313K
> Defense : 63K
> Foreign Affairs : 80K
> Labor : 313K
> Agriculture : 750K
> Healthcare : 126K
> Education: 160K
> Infrastructure: 800K
> Others: 63K

SCENARIOS:
> AGRICULTURE
Despite the construction of roads and facilitation of infrastructure, the institution of farming is not entirely clear. After the war, many opportunists took advantage and made wide claims, some former workers, others migrants from Zafrat or Shutar, still others who took advantage of the chaos to kill former owners and claim property. Former farmers are furious, and new self-proclaimed farmers. Your options:
- Interview farmers from the previous regime and restore their lands
- Officially recognize new farmers and enforce that new farmers must register with the Agriculture Ministry
- Reclaim all land and force newcomers to register with the Agriculture Ministry
- Write In

> FINANCE
The report your ordered previous quarter has come in. Our nation’s economy can be broken down as such:
Agriculture – 37.8% of GDP
Manufacturing – 25.2% of GDP
Mines and Minerals – 15% of GDP
Services - Tourism – 7% of GDP
Services - Other – 8% of GDP
Energy (Coal and Natural Gas) – 8% of GDP

Population Breakdown
Low Income Earners (Avg $7,800/yr) – 60.5%
Medium Income Earners (Avg $55,000/yr) – 37.7%
High Income Earners (Avg $125,000/yr)– 1.8%

With this knowledge, what kind of tax policy do you propose?
> DEFENSE
American Intelligence warns you of a terrorist plot to sprout during the Sadeh Holiday at the capital. They don’t want you to cancel the celebration, as their sources may be compromised. They claim that the best way for you to resolve the issue is to sit back and let them conduct invasive operations in your capital and main cities. Though they promise to be discreet, all you can think of are the headlines if the media catches Americans intervening in the cities. How will you handle this?
> FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Villages in the north are being flooded with ethnic Durkas escaping the oppressive Shutari regime. The Shutari government sends an envoy, the brother in law of the dictator, to tell you that these are Shutari criminals and you must extradite them. There are an estimated 1,075 escapees, many of whom have family in your state before the borders were drawn. What will you do?

(1/2)
>>
> HEALTHCARE
One of the duties of the Health Minister is to order up and plan for state sponsored vaccinations. All current vaccinations must be imported in from other countries or NGOs. The federal budget assigns $2 million to your department. If you order and distribute vaccines to every conceivable location in a schedule recommended by the WHO, it will cost $6.5 million. Your options are:
- Attempt to curb vaccine costs by not ordering the less vaccines for the least
common cases (there are 12 vaccines in your package)
- Continue with the order but for a limited quantity, and distribute them to higher population distribution centers
- Delay the recommended schedule for vaccinations
- Beg for a loan
(2/2)
>>
The Durka refugees shall be offered political asylum as per international law. Only those who commit crimes on Tahristani soil shall be extradited. We shall petition international bodies and western powers for aid in this matter.
>>
TAHRISTAN – FOURTH MONTH AGENDA
Tabled Bills:
> Language Act: A Proposal to Establish and Enforce the Teaching of Our National Language, Farsi
PROS: Demographically, the majority of Tahristanis support this bill. You will maintain your cultural ties to other Farsi speaking countries, especially Shutar to the north. Besides, the minorities will still be able to speak Arabic and Durkish, it will just be that they will LEARN things in Farsi. That’s not a problem, right?
CONS: You will have trouble convincing the Zafratis, of whom they spoke Arabic, and the Durkas, who spoke Durkish, both before the establishment of your land. Even if you do pass the bill, enforcing it will be another issue, especially in the Durkish northlands where regulating schools is difficult. So what net benefit will it gain in educating your nation, other than a nationalistic push towards some sort of ancestor worship?
> Research Grant Program: A Stimulus for Our Country’s Best and Brightest
PROS: We don’t want to lose citizens with the best potential to America! We need all the talent we can gather here! It will be an investment in order to help build up our nation’s infrastructure, laboratories, hospitals, businesses, and government! Even if we get low participants now, the presence of the grant will motivate families to raise students to be top performing down the road, in a sense making our nation’s citizens more proseperous as a whole!
CONS: As idealistic as the bill may be, many don’t find it necessary to incentivize bright students who may stay in any case. Sure, they could study in foreign universities, but why would they? Tahristan has excellent universities, rivaling all of the others in the Middle East! Or so claim the nationalists. Also, the proposed Grant Program? Empty Cash. Some pragmatists argue that even with the most conservative numbers, there simply aren’t enough ‘high performing students’ in Tahristan for there to be a measurable effect in the future. That money is better allocated elsewhere, like to infrastructure or agriculture.
> Propose a New Bill!

>>1582690
Percents dont add up, so lets say that Mines and Minerals is 14%
>>
>>1582690
As much as we appreciate the help of the Americans, having US soldiers in our capital will undoubtedly raise the medias attention. With their intel WE will conduct the operation and wipe out the terrorist threat before they can do any damage
>>
>>1582694
> Continue with the order but for a limited quantity, and distribute them to higher population distribution centers
>>
>>1580169
Y1-Q1 FOR REAL
CONGRESS STATUS:
> Rice Tariff
Amend: UFCP, NPECC, CDAT, AKP
> Polygamous Marriage
Amend: IFP, UFCP, NPECC, CDAT, AKP
> Sadeh Holiday
For: NPECC, CDAT, UFCP, AKP
>>
>>1582813
Language Act:
>we propose an Amendment whereby multiple languages will be taught. Farsi will be the universal language, however each region will have their native language/regional language given the same respect.

This way we have a language everyone will learn, but will be fully capable and free to use their mother tongue. This will build a unity to our country without harming ethnic roots.

---
Research Grant Program: FULL SUPPORT ALL THE WAY
This will pay of big league. Even if it doesn't completely, we can always ask for donations from people like Bill Gates.

---
Healthcare
>increase expenditure by 1 million dollars and try to do as best we can to meet WHO recommendations but at an imperfect rate.

We need everyone in our country to not feel too left out, and we need everyone to be comfortable around vaccinations to avoid Anti Vax bullshit that has cropped up in wealthier countries.
>>
>>1582694
> AGRICULTURE
We shall create a Commission of Agricultural Redistribution to properly catalogue new farmers, return land to former farmers and redistribute lands to the poorer farmers tenant farmers for which former farmers will be paid for the price of the land. This Commission will be lead by members of UFCP and will be more generous to their voters and supporters.

> FINANCE
Leave this to our finance minister.
> DEFENSE
I will allow the Americans to operate provided it be a joint task for with men specially selected from our security forces for loyalty and obedience.
> FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Agreed with our Foreign Minister
>Healthcare
Leave this to our Minister of Healthcare

> Language Act: A Proposal to Establish and Enforce the Teaching of Our National Language, Farsi
Yes

No
>>
>>1584121
>being against investment into higher education

can we please remove you already?
>>
New breakdown, sorry NPECC

Low Income Earners (Avg $7,800/yr) – 60.5%
Medium Income Earners (Avg $27,000/yr) – 37.7%
High Income Earners (Avg $125,000/yr)– 1.8%
>>
>>1584121
Oh right.

I oppose the discrimination between UFCP voters and non UFCP voters. If the Commission repeals that bullshit then we will support this as okay.

--
We are okay with the leaving to Finance minister.
We are also skeptical but not violently opposed to the Defense decision.
Foreign affairs we neutral to this decision.

Healthcare we are not enraged but not entirely happy with this.

Angery reacts only to enforcing Farsi bill without Akhdirs amendment.

Angery over lack of R.G. Programme.
>>
>>1582813
>Language Act
I support >>1584016
>Research Grant
Against
>>
>>1582690
>>1584650
I propose a tax policy that looks like the following:
>Income Tax
5 bractets (Income yearly):
>Very Low Income (less than 1000 a year per Person in the familly)
Taxed at a rate of 10%
>Low Income (Less than 2000 a year per Person in the Familly)
Taxed at a rate of 25%
>Average income (Less than 5000 per Person in the Familly)
Taxed at a rate of 30%
>Upper class Income (Less than 9000 per Person in the Familly)
Taxed at a rate of 50%
>Wealthy Class (9000 and upwards per Person in the Familly)
Taxed at a rate of 55%

>VAT
>First necessity products (food, hygienic products, livestock included and otherwise most goods necessary to the health of our citizen):
Exempt from the tax
>Non necessary products (Any product with a cost lower than 2% of the average National Income)
Taxed at a rate of 10%
>Luxury Products (Any product with a cost above 2% of the average National Income)
Taxed at 25%
>Any Product that is forbidden in use by the Qu'ran (alcohol, ect)
Taxed at 40%

Corporate tax:
>Entreprises with Net Value worth less than 200,000$
10% Corporate Income Tax
>Entreprises with a Net value worth more than 200,000$
15% Corporate Income Tax
>US and EU Entreprises
5% Corporate Tax if Most Employees are Terhirastini Citizens and 15% if not.

>Tax rebates:
Will be offered to all Foreign Corporations at a maximum height of 50% of their taxes for the following activities:
>Modern Mining 40% Only if more than twice the Yield of the National Average mine
>Construction 30%
>Industrial Sector (Metalurgy/Comsumer products/Manufacturing) 40%/20%/30%
>Organized Large Farms (Depending on Yield per hectare) If more than 3 times the average Yield of the country 30% if more than 5 times then 50%
>Admnistrative and Tertiary Sector 10%

>Language Act: A Proposal to Establish and Enforce the Teaching of Our National Language, Farsi
Pushing for National Unity is good, i Support this bill.
I support this, but i still believe the best way to Avoid Brain drain is simply to educate the highly Educated to love the country.
>>
>>1584815
our party fully supports this. In the future we would like to see requirements for environmentally friendly regulations, but at the moment we as a country and population are much too poor to do so.

How about a National Park is set up in the foreseeable future and a N.P Service is created?
>>
>>1584839
I think that if we want to set a good image and actually achieve something ecological with our Country the best stap would be to setup some solar Energy park witht the help of European Subzidies, due our geographical location it could provide high yield returns
>>
>>1584855
Why not both? Have a solar energy park on the desert outskirts of the national park?
>>
Y1-Q2
CONGRESS STATUS:

> Language Act
For: NPECC, IFP, UFCP (318, pass)
Amend: AKP
Undecided: TPP, GMP, CDAT
> Research Grant
For: NPECC, AKP (99)
Against: IFP, UFCP
Undecided: TPP, GMP, CDAT

Looks like the Language Act will pass. The Research Grant will need some more discussion to reach a consensus.

EXECUTIVE DECISIONS:
> Tahristan takes in the Durka refugees, offering political asylum. They petition international bodies for aid. As you are not yet a member of the UN, you are not put under scrutiny if you fail to follow their guidelines. If you were a member, they would inform you that you MUST not punish the refugees, or return them to their home country, and you must allow them to naturalise and assimilate. You may choose to follow these guidelines, or choose to send them to a neighboring UN nation. Your options here are sending them to Zafrat, or across the gulf of Guzradin to Mundaka, both areas where no doubt the refugees will be a minority.
> The Commission of Agricultural Redistribution is created to catalogue new formers and return land to former farmers. Poor farmers become tenants to these former farmers, essentially returning to the system that existed before, with the exception that vacant lands are given to UFCP supporters
> The tax plan is proposed in
>>1584815
> The health ministry will continue with the order, distributing vaccines to higher risk areas such as denser populations. Some claim this is classist warfare, others that it is a neglect for human lives. Still other greatly support this as the most practical measure for the regime to pursue.
> The Americans will undergo their operation given that it will be led by Tahristani trained forces, to minimize suspicion and damage a foreign presence may result in.
>>
>>1586750
>> Research Grant
>For: NPECC, AKP (99)
>Against: IFP, UFCP
>Amend: None
>Undecided: TPP, GMP, CDAT
The against votes are currently 224. If we get 27 votes against, the bill will fail.
>>
>>1586783
I vote for
>>
>>1586817
>>1586783
UPDATED
>> Research Grant
>For: NPECC, AKP, GMP (109)
>Against: IFP, UFCP (224)
>Undecided: TPP, CDAT

It could go either way!
>>
>>1587947
Vote for
>>
>>1587965
UPDATED
>> Research Grant
>For: NPECC, AKP, GMP, TPP (178)
>Against: IFP, UFCP (224)
>Undecided: CDAT

CDAT literally holds the deciding votes
>>
CDAT supports the president, voting Against. The bill fails. Posting the updated sheet next
>>
File: politicivprogress.png (132KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
politicivprogress.png
132KB, 800x1200px
It is six months into the Amerit Presidency and the press is all abuzz! With the legislator elections a year away, political ads are already playing to help support electing or re-electing one party representative over another! Parties can now take this time (before I make the next scenarios) to raise their chances to either gain or maintain a majority of seats in the congress! This option will only be available this turn and next before elections begin.

> Devote funds to campaigning
> Media Interview (Talk about points where your side won, or the opposition failed)
>>
>>1589034
Start campaining
>>
>>1589048
Another option, otherwise ppl run out of cash
> Fundraising (1d100)

If you kept track of how much funds you have, you can choose how much you want to devote to campaign for how many seats. There is no upper or lower limit to how much you can spend on campaigning, but the impact will depend on how much cash is distributed to contest for each seat race.
>>
>>1589075
Can we do both?
>>
>>1589102
yeah, you can do as many of the options as you want
>>
>>1589138
Then for now i'll devote 15,000 to campaigning and hold a fundraiser in the capital
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>1589075
Fundraiser
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1589167
Oh shit forgot to roll
>>
>>1589464
>>1589360
UFCF raises $20K this turn
IFP raises $32K this turn and spends $15K on fundraising.

> Legislator Campaign
>> IFP: $15K
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>1589075
Funraising
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1589687
Fund raising
>>
>>1590649
>>1589871
"This just in, the legislative races are off! Here are how much each party has raised, or donated, to take more seats in the legislature!"

> Legislator Campaign
>> IFP: $47K
>> UFCP: $20K
>> NPECC: $69K
>> GMP: $50K
>>
TAHRISTAN – SEVENTH MONTH AGENDA
Tabled Bills:
> Tahristani Express Act: A Bill to Construct Railways Connecting Our Nation’s Largest Cities
PROS: A good old fashioned infrastructure bill, whats not to love? Stimulates the economy, creates more jobs, establishes a public transport avenue, and what’s more, even if we completely privatize it, the government will collect revenue from the rail companies who will come out of it! The work is also mostly done for us; the pathways from city to city has been flattened by war trails and small roadways in between. Facilitation of travel will mean that our citizens will be open to more opportunities in our nation, be it commuting, moving, or vacationing!
CONS: The big obvious one is money. Our infrastructure budget is quite large, but if we pass this, it would be the first major construction project we would face. Do we even know what the proper techniques and workforce is required to build a public transportation route? Another item to note is exposure: clearly, the region is becoming unstable with insurgents. Why give them a target, especially as vulnerable as it will be when we build? It is better to delay a project than having to reinvent the wheel.

> Workplace Safety Act: To Ensure Our Industries Are Not Catalysts For Unrighteous Struggle
PROS: This bill was introduced in the aftermath of an (failed) attempt by a jihadist to bomb an all women’s school, whereupon the authorities found the materials he had confiscated were stolen from his workplace in a small parts manufacturing plant. Once passed, the bill would mandate registered companies to either accept government assigned security personnel, or employ government approved private sector teams. It would be a small price to pay for safety and security, and would discourage attacks to be borne from homegrown extremists.
CONS: Many companies do not support this bill as they see it as unnecessarily intrusive. Not all companies have the materials needed to make a bomb, so why must all companies undergo this? Furthermore, skeptics are unconvinced whether such a large security measure would be capable of preventing more jihadist attacks, although they do not offer a better alternative.

> Propose New Bill

I will be delayed to give out executive actions, so fight over these for now
>>
>>1590654
Yes to both
>>
>>1590654
> Tahristani Express Act: A Bill to Construct Railways Connecting Our Nation’s Largest Cities
Against, we don't have that kind of money yet and without the Help from a greater power to achieve such a goal would be impossible, we should look for Help and potential prices of such help from China, India, Japan, France or Other countries to Reduce the Costs.
Many of theses countries due to frequently updating and even expending their networks have much more efficient Abilities to build such a project and we must not fear outsourcing least we suffer the same fate as the Algeria East–West Highway who not only cost 40 Billion dollars while the French boycotted alternative was proposed at more than 20 Billions Lower than this.
Let give time to the Foreign Ministry to sort this out before making decision that are clearly out of budget and could ruin our economy instead of improving it.

> Workplace Safety Act: To Ensure Our Industries Are Not Catalysts For Unrighteous Struggle
Against We will not allow The corporation to Hire and corrupt our Peacekeepers or to hire "Private militias" who may themselves be the sources of Jihadists.
It seem extremely obvious to me that this could even become a security breach that might even Allow Jihadists into our most vulnerable structures or even to have access to industry that could enable them to construct even deadlier weapons.
We Should simply instead Garrison Military patrols around areas that are deemed targets or most vulnerable and Trust our Military.
>>
EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:

Propose Budget:
Estimated Revenue YTD: $1 billion

PROPOSED BUDGET:

Running Expenses:
> Finance : 626K
> Defense : 185K
> Foreign Affairs : 160K
> Labor : 700K
> Agriculture : 2.1M
> Healthcare : 252K
> Education: 320K
> Infrastructure: 1.8M
> Others: 135K

SCENARIOS:
>DEFENSE/FOREIGN AFFAIRS
The Shutari Regime has responded to your decision to not extradite the escaped ‘criminals’ by beginning construction of a wall on the border. While this normally wouldn’t be a concern for you, it seems they are building a little too close to comfort – they have built the wall several miles deep into our territory! This may be an issue of disputed borders. It is understandable, after all we had recently acquired some parts of Shutar. But was this a mistake, or an act of dominance? Or a warning, as the construction crew seems to be overlooked by Shutari forces? How will we deal with this issue?
> SOCIAL SERVICES
The UN had given us recommendations on how to deal with the refugees, and now it is time to decide! They are quite ready to be assimilated, but accepting them so readily could encourage more Shutaris to try and cross the border. Giving them to Zafrat or African Mundaka across the gulf would push the problem on another country, but force them to be naturalized there in a culture more incompatible to theirs, as well as possibly straining relations with one nation or the other. What should we do?
> AGRICULTURE/HEALTH
A heated debate is arousing between many ranchers and their goats. More successful ranchers are using certain chemicals and hormones to fatten their goats, finding more success. There is speculation that these goats cause more illnesses for those who consume them, but it is unconfirmed. The debate the agriculture minister must resolve is:
- Should the government allow the purchase and sale of genetically engineered feed, livestock, and crops by ranchers and farmers?
- Should the government inspect the contents of these products for human consumption? And if so, who will be sent, agents from Agriculture, or Health?
- Should the government allow GM laboratories to be built domestically to increase the effectiveness of regulation? Should the government itself fund these kinds of labs? And if so, who is responsible for regulating these institutions?
- Should the government mandate GMO products to be labeled as such?
>>
>>1590723
We should start looking into establishing our own currency, National investment Firm and State Bank as well as Print.
Also due to simplicity, Postal services should be included in the Finance Budget as well to simplify taxing postal postage stamps.
We should have Pictures of our National Monuments on them, it'll be pretty and make the tourists happy.
We should also look into creating a Fraud Inspection department that will work to Report any discrepancies in the Finance Ministry or any other ministry.
the second Branch of the Fraud Inspection department should start Investigating the records of enterprises and individuals in the country to check for discrepancies.
Regarding the name of our currency I Propose the Tehristani "Daric".
We should also look into establishing a Reserve of USD and Gold to prevent our currency from losing value or being Unusable due to being Hyper-inflated without any anchor.
>>
>>1590654
>Express
Yes
>Workplace Safety
No
>>
>>1590723
Too costly and unsafe at the moment, table this bill for alter

Allowing companies to hire private militia is bad and we cannot waste our army.
Vote Against

> AGRICULTURE/HEALTH
A heated debate is arousing between many ranchers and their goats. More successful ranchers are using certain chemicals and hormones to fatten their goats, finding more success. There is speculation that these goats cause more illnesses for those who consume them, but it is unconfirmed. The debate the agriculture minister must resolve is:
-Should the government allow the purchase and sale of genetically engineered feed, livestock, and crops by ranchers and farmers?
Yes, GMO’s have yet to have any proven side effects beyond more food!
-Should the government inspect the contents of these products for human consumption? And if so, who will be sent, agents from Agriculture, or Health?
The Ministry of Agriculture will watch for any health problems with a newly founded Department of Agricultural Health
-Should the government allow GM laboratories to be built domestically to increase the effectiveness of regulation? Should the government itself fund these kinds of labs? And if so, who is responsible for regulating these institutions?
The Ministry of Agriculture will fund the creation of a Department of Agricultural Health and which will be responsible for regulating there institutions, the institutions themselves will be given modest government grants.
-Should the government mandate GMO products to be labeled as such?
No

Proposed Bill:
Rural Literacy and Agricultural Education Bill
-Give one free meal a day to students who attend classes
-Schools shall begin hosting classes to teach adults how to read the Quran
-Found a Ministry of Agricultural Learning to help educate all our farmers properly on modern farming techniques
>>
>>1590912
Proposed Bill:
Water Infrastructure Bill
-Do a complete overhaul of our current water systems to increase that amount of land under irrigation, create new dams for hydropower and more effectively supply water to our towns and cities.
>>
>>1590924
>>1590912
>>1590723
Y1-Q3
CONGRESS STATUS:
> Tahristani Express Act
For: IFP, GMP
Against: UFCP, NPECC, CDAT
Undecided: TPP, AKP
> Workplace Safety
For: GMP
Against: UFCP, IFP, NPECC, CDAT
Undecided: TPP, AKP
> Rural Literacy and Agricultural Education Act
For: UFCP
Undecided: TPP, AKP, GMP, IFP, NPECC, CDAT
> Water Infrastructure Act
For: UFCP
Undecided: TPP, AKP, GMP, IFP, NPECC, CDAT
>>
>>1591129
After calculating, both the Tahristani Express Act and Workplace Safety Act fail. The two newly proposed bills need to be decided on.
>>
>>1591129
> Rural Literacy and Agricultural Education Act
For
> Water Infrastructure Act
For
>>
>>1591136
>>1591134
With NPECC and UFCP support, both of these bills pass.

EXECUTIVE DECISIONS:
Agriculture/health: >>1590912
Finance >>1590740
Social Services ???
Defense/Foreign Affairs ???
>>
>>1591148
>DEFENSE/FOREIGN AFFAIRS
We shall begin arming Durkish Militias on the border, if they want to try to push into our territory the Durkmen can keep them out, we will also set up a military base near the border.

> SOCIAL SERVICES
We shall settle these Durkish refugees to be settled in the Durk dominated North.
>>
File: politicivprogress.png (178KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
politicivprogress.png
178KB, 800x1200px
With the fourth quarter creeping up, more buzz is happening around the legislator elections! GMP seems to be gaining heat with their campaigning, while both the Finance Minister and President's own party grows popular due to their proposed policies. Who will gain the most? Who will lose? Its time for another legislative campaign action!

> Campaign (contribute money from your own funds)
> Fundraise (generate new funds for this race only)
> Media Interview (Influence public opinion by boasting your feats and condemning the opposition's failures
>>
>>1591245
I'll pour 100k of my 296k, also have a media interview
>>
>>1591245
>Campaign 40k
I'll Mostly Campaign on the fact that i'm fighting in my current position to keep a Stable country with it's own independent Currency and fighting against the corrupt Plutocrat who try to ruin our country.
I'll Also Campaign on Pan-Arabic nationalism and Ancient Imagery of Rebuilding our Empire and Country.
For Short a Nationalistic Campaign to fight the evil Militaristic plutocrat like that of Shutari who threaten our nation and our Stability, and against International powers like Israel who try to Enslave us to America without condition and to the Dollar.
>>
>>1591253
this is me
>>
>>1591253
"Mr. Goldhill, what do you think about the current administration?"
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1591245
Invest 23,000
We will hold huge amounts of fund-raising from our many backers!

The President will also hold a Media Interview to confirm his parties place as the dominant political force in Tahristan!
>>
>>1591260
I believe they are Hippocrates, they promised infrastructure but didn't put their money where their mouth is. They promised a free country yet the Americans are still pulling the strings. No more, the GMP promises to uphold its promise. A strong state with influence over the entire Middle East.
>>
>>1591273
Some Tahris with Anti-American views now support you!

>>1591265
"Mr. President, where do you see Tahristan in the five years following your presidency?"

> Legislator Campaign
>> IFP: $47K
>> UFCP: $92K
>> NPECC: $109K
>> GMP: $150K
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1591288
I'll add hold another fundraiser and I suppose I'll do a media interview so the media can learn more about our quiet little party
>>
>>1591293
"Mr. Bahri, tell me about your party. What sort of future does an IFP member see for Tahristan?"

> Legislator Campaign
>> IFP: $50K
>> UFCP: $92K
>> NPECC: $109K
>> GMP: $150K
>>
>>1591288
"In five years I see a country standing firm as a bastion of peace and freedom in the Middle East! I see a country blessed by Allah full of strong men backed by strong families fed by our expansive farmland! I see a bright land were the men, woman and children of Tahristan can flourish under wise rulers! We stand on the edge of greatness and with every vote for the UFCP we take a step towards this greatness!"
>>
>>1591303
"We see Tahristan as the shining jewel of the Middle East. A land of pure holiness where the corrupt governments of today will be nothing less than a bad memory and the rise of Allah's chosen leadership party,Fascism, will be the majority so as to lead this grand country into its true calling"
>>
>>1591304
Your response attracts oldtimers nostalgic for old Tahristan!
>>1591391
Your response attracts islamic fundamentalists and Radiphate sympathizers!
>>
TAHRISTAN – TENTH MONTH AGENDA

Tabled Bills:
> Rape Prevention Act: A Proposed Deterrent to Protect Our Mothers, Wives and Daughters
PROS: Women’s rights! Who can hate ‘em? If our nation is to be a jewel of the Middle East, we need to be a model for others to follow, and that starts with recognizing our feminine electorate as equals. This bill poses severe penalties on rapists and proposes the administration create a department to regulate and enforce these rules. Obviously, women support this, as well as progressive Tahris.
CONS: Women’s rights! What an idea! Though the consensus of the westernized electorate is towards equal rights for all, the fact is that the majority of your male citizens scoff at the idea. Most women don’t even independently pursue an education themselves for the most part! Some have to share men, thanks to your polygamy law! Should there be crimes for rape? Oh, sure, but it is the women’s fault for attracting such attention, and yet according to this bill, she is not punished? Not even a stoning? Come on! Fundamentalists and Radiphate symapthizers support this.

> Defense Stimulus Act
PROS: We cannot be a foreign dependent! With the recent troop movement at the border wall and the radical Islamist threat, we must strengthen our military full time! This bill involves a radical shift in funding for the defense, organized to be funded by higher taxes on imports. The bill has large support nationwide; even skeptics agree that with tensions to the north and domestically, some show of strength must be demonstrated
CONS: Why would we need to spend anything on defense? Although the Shutaris are a perceived threat, they haven’t actually attacked! And with American assistance, the war on the Radiphate is progressing nicely in our favor. Simply put, now is not the time. The only ones who would support it would just want to please the masses.
>>
EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:

Propose Budget:
Estimated Revenue YTD: $1 billion

PROPOSED BUDGET:

Running Expenses:
> Finance : 1.3M
> Defense : 378K
> Foreign Affairs : 255K
> Labor : 1.1M
> Agriculture : 3.2M
> Healthcare : 350K
> Education: 500K
> Infrastructure: 2.7M
> Others: 197K

DEFENSE/FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Increased tensions between the Shutaris and Tahris have formed as a result of pushback from the invasive border wall. The Shutari dictator proclaimed that he was ‘mistaken’ by the geographical borders, continually asking if the Tahris were ‘sure that the territory was theirs’. Upon placement of the border wall, now about half a mile into their territory, they immediately begin placing sentries upon the wall. They demand that we destroy roads on our side of the border, claiming such a territory encourages criminals our ‘weak’ Durka minority to cross the border and help more Durkas come to Tahristan. How should we respond?
SOCIAL SERVICES: With the debate of the Rape Bill, its come to the attention of the administration that no proper Department of Justice has been formed! The President now has to decide, will a department be formed, and if so, who will be his attorney general?
AGRICULTURE/FINANCE: The president’s allies and farmers, very thankful for the president’s support, come to the UFCP headquarters with a generous offer of Darics and a public campaign of support for his party if he can allow for more generous tax rebates for twice the crop yield. Will the President tell the Finance Minister to do it?
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.