[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Thread General: Don't Forget, You're Here Forever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 34

File: onlyfagsallowed.png (43KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
onlyfagsallowed.png
43KB, 250x245px
This is a thread created for the "discussion" of Quest threads.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities. You will also never read it.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics.)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable (but encouraged) offense) https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This abomination of a wiki gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general. Additions are encouraged. Not that you will ever contribute, as you well shouldn't.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread. Not that you will, nor will any reviews ever be posted.):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
What happened in the most enjoyable session you ran?

>Player Question
What are some of your favorite parts of the quests you follow/followed?

>Dirlewang'd
What is the most retarded decision made in a quest?
>>
File: Title Card.jpg (814KB, 1920x986px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card.jpg
814KB, 1920x986px
How do people feel about this as a title card?
>>
>>1567898
I like it.
>>
>>1567898
to be honest jew, it's pretty good.
>>
File: Sad Cover.jpg (48KB, 243x346px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Cover.jpg
48KB, 243x346px
American Arcana is doing a bonus round due to a slow day yesterday.
Catch up at >>1564962.
>>
Hey you like Mad Max? Ever wanted to run a post apocalyptic gang? Ever wanted to run a gang and then compete with other players to rule over a city?

Join us here! >>1560475
We have four unique gangs to choose from and always welcome more players!
> a gang that operates mainly a fleet of seacraft
> a gang of russians on a tower that operate helicopters and have many business ventures
> a gang of firefighter arsonists that bully city block squatters into giving them food -- literaly feudalism
> a gang of dirtbike riding all american football players fighting off a horde of construction workers.
>>
Dan’s 5 Step Guide For Starter QMs
“Fucking kill yourself faggot” - Dan

1. Linespacing
Do linespacing you fucking cuckold. Without it your qst will become spaghetti. Put a space between every paragraph or so. Up to you to not be an idiot like Michael and to use proper line spacing at proper points. If you are writing speech between characters make sure to add actions with some of the speech. EG “Dan The Necroman, more like DANK The Necroman” Said some faggot with a smirk.

2. Make big posts
2 post updates are very good for bringing in crowds. If you can't write 2 post updates because you are a little shit who should die in the dirt then write the post slowly throughout the day. Like when you are taking the shit for a dog. Remember tho, quantity does not equal quality but quality is usually quantity. That sentence made no sense.

3. Use adjectives(maybe)
Use adjectives at least once every other sentence, if you are a masochist then put an adjective in every sentence or two in every sentence. No one will notice and no one will care. But I will care. <3

4. Don't be reactionary
Don't make shit up that the protag has to react to every second. Have an overarching goal the protag is striving for. If you need to stretch the qst till after the goal is completed then fucking kill yourself because there is no fucking need to stretch it out. But if you reaaaally wanna then make up some new overarching plot. Have the BBEG take your waifu or some shit.

5. Try to cut down on the word “you” or “your”
At least try to not use it every fucking sentence. It doesnt help the writing and forcing yourself to change the sentence to not use the word “you” helps to work that piece of shit you call a brain.

6. READ THIS
https://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w it has very nice info you should read it and the links that come with it.

7. Post your quest on QTG discord
It's a sure fire way to get at least one player. That one player may be just as shit as you are tho.

This entire thing is a shitty meme and I want to die after writing it
>>
File: IMG_0078.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
I'm only two finished threads into my first quest, Saiyan Conqueror Quest. First thread my players' ripped Notzilla's head off as an Oozaru, but in thread two they flustered the Meloka
>>
>>1567898
Looks cool.
>>
As soon as I have a set schedule for work, I'll give my "music shaman" quest a go.
>>
>>1567776
>QM Question:
Honestly probably the first session ever. Everything was new and exciting and all that shit. Second place probably goes to the session when we switched perspective to a more combat-focused character and had a shootout or three.

Oh, and for those who care, Starcaller Quest will be returning next Sunday afternoon.
>>
>>1567898
Graphic + composition is good, but I'm not sold on the font.
>>
>>1563574
Running again.

For anyone who want's to get catch up from the beginning: https://pastebin.com/qKALhwX7
>>
>>1568445

You know you could have just used suptg, right?
>>
File: Map - WIP.png (1MB, 1050x750px) Image search: [Google]
Map - WIP.png
1MB, 1050x750px
>>1568435
>>1568296
>>1567947
>>1567944
Sweet, all that's left then is to make some tweaks and finish up the map.
>>
File: Githyanki Ladies 1.jpg (114KB, 1100x626px) Image search: [Google]
Githyanki Ladies 1.jpg
114KB, 1100x626px
The Raiders is back after a haitus.

>>1568752
>>
do any quests from the great /tg/ exile still exist?
>>
>>1568878
Hive Queen Quest.
>>
>>1568878
all the heavyweights are still here. Except Blorp. Blorp's the only one who refused to run on qst at all.
>>
Rip Crusty Jones
Rip Diarca
Rip Re:quests in general
>>
>>1568878
The one to /tg/ or the one from /tg/? And if the latter, do you mean the one where smut quests were banned but then maybe not banned anyway, the one where quests were encouraged to leave, or the one where quests were forced to leave?
>>
Riz, are you still alive?
>>
>>1568905
>all the heavy weights are still here
>crusader quest died last year
>>
>>1568878
Mercenary 2030 quest comes to mind
>>
>>1568878
Mecha Space Pirate, and Shinobi quest when it comes back from Hiatus.
>>
>>1568878
Was German Hollow /tg/ too?

I remembered Nerv Simulation and Boruto Quest.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YA MINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>1568980
Crusader Quest finished, it didn't die.
>>
>>1568451
there's a link to suptg for all the threads in there with everything else.
>>
File: e1704d71e6478d200b4ba8f0f4d45cf7.jpg (499KB, 1103x904px) Image search: [Google]
e1704d71e6478d200b4ba8f0f4d45cf7.jpg
499KB, 1103x904px
After a bit of delay due to QM curse, Great War Quest resumes

>>1569074
>>1569074
>>
Epic raid on /tg/ guys! xD
>>
>>1569357
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1568878
>>1568905

Warlord also decided to move to anonkun.
>>
>>1569384
Have another one
>>
File: Ice Atelier.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ice Atelier.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>1568969
Whatcha need, anon?
>>
>>1567776
>What happened in the most enjoyable session you ran?

I was running a sandbox style company level wargame, think Restrepo meets Dune. We had gained Intel that OPFOR was planning to attack. Suddenly my players began digging through our inventory and designing IEDs,traps and layouts for our base defenses. For example, one came up with a giant fire trap based on actual fire traps built into castle walls using jet fuel we had salvaged a few sessions back.

Then during the actual attack one of our squads who had been getting really awesome rolls throughout the game and who the players liked to use as their go to squad for important missions got even better ones and took out dozens of attackers. However, the losses to the rest of the unit forced us to abandon the FOB we'd been building since session one and the unit proceeded to a major base where "Stripes" level hijinks ensued.

The session had everything I could ever want: depth filled player engagement, incredible feats performed by naturally developed characters and significant plot advancing consequences.

>Player Question
What are some of your favorite parts of the quests you follow/followed?

Huge sucker for civ's, especially when a NPC starts v gaining characteristics based on their roles or actions and turn into a named character.
>>
why is there a face in the op
>>
>>1568499
what program are you designing this in?
>>
>>1568499
which software m8
>>
RIP Crusty
>>
>>1568990

Wargle said it'd be around July.
>>
>>1569512
>>1569562
It's Photoshop CC 2017.
Basically all you have to do to get some good random coastlines is
>Filter, Render, Clouds
>Layer, Add Adjustment Layer, Threshold
And then you can fuck around with it pretty well with the paintbrush tool if you set it up right.
>>
>that one anon who is the only one keeping the quest alive
whats her name /qst/
>>
>>1569470
I need you back.
>>
>>1569658

A moment of spaghetti in his memory.
>>
>>1568208
Must-read list! No. 1 is truly the most important thing.
>>
File: OutrunWars.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
OutrunWars.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>1560366
>>1560366
Dark Empire Quest continues!

Picture . . . semi related.
>>
File: Sibis.png (244KB, 886x919px) Image search: [Google]
Sibis.png
244KB, 886x919px
Think I should add labels to these maps or are they fine as-is?
>>
>>1571264
Considering that I have no idea what I'm looking at, probably.
>>
File: Sibis.png (433KB, 886x919px) Image search: [Google]
Sibis.png
433KB, 886x919px
>>1571279
How's this? Font pending alterations.
>>
>>1571317
shhhhhhexy. send qst link
>>
>>1571317
Why are the slums right next to the noble's district? Why do the nobles have to cross the slums to get to the market district? Why is the city in such dire financial straits that there is literally no division between being a noble and living in the slums?
>>
>>1571331
True, the nobles should be on a higher terrace at least.
>>
File: Sibis - From Noble to Market.png (434KB, 886x919px) Image search: [Google]
Sibis - From Noble to Market.png
434KB, 886x919px
>>1571331
>Why do the nobles have to cross the slums to get to the market.
See pic.

>Why are the slums right next to the noble's district?
>Why is the city in such dire financial straights?
Because it's a primitive economy with a caste system in which it's beneficial for the servants of the nobility to live near their place of work. The southwest slums are a lot more destitute and disgusting than the northeast.
>>
File: Neesaaaaaaan.jpg (188KB, 850x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Neesaaaaaaan.jpg
188KB, 850x1118px
>>1571312
Shipgirl Commander session is a-go.
>>
>>1571340
Maybe re-name the north-east slums to 'commons' or something then.
>>
>>1567776
>What happened in the most enjoyable session you ran?
The enemy rolled a crit -which would have gibbed the healer then and there- and if the enemy had connected with this crit, they might have wiped the party with their next move.
But due to turn order and insane luck earlier on, they died right before they could attack.
Apparently RNGesus looks after the party even after the MC sold his soul to the devil.
>>
test
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 4, 4 + 6 = 18 (4d6 + 6)

>>1572048
>>
qhat are some good ongoing quests
>>
>>1572089
Heavenly Child
This Wretched Sea aka Trawler Quest
Starcaller
Panzer Commander
>>
>>1571340
>nobles don't even house their servants

Your nobles are shit, mate.
>>
>>1572096
>Wanting to sleep in the same house as the servile classes
It's like you want to encourage miscegenation.
>>
File: Disdain_for_plebs.jpg (9KB, 180x154px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain_for_plebs.jpg
9KB, 180x154px
>>1572113
>Not wanting your slave to sleep at the foot of your bed or in the doorway to your room
>>
>>1572089
Define good.

Well paced? Good characters? Deep lore? Immersive writing? Shit blows up?

How important each of these is to you is important in recommending things.
>>
>>1572089

The two DC Quests are pretty good.
>>
>>1568878
House & Dominion
Chapter Master Quest
>>
>>1569078
The Story resume. It's family time.
>>1572493
>>1572493
>>
Are there any d100 roll under quests around?
>>
>>1572725
That's an awfully strange specifier. Why do you want to know?
>>
Arcanum Extranimus continues.
>>1572773
>>
I miss Troop666 quest, Totemist, Re:Spider, and Banished Quest.
>>
What's your dream quest /qst/?

>Historical quest run by Historical fiction
>covers the Hundred Years' War
>potential Koblenz cameos
>>
>>1574238
Crusty comes back and starts running HMQ again
>>
>>1574266
rip crusty
asscancer got him
>>
>>1574238
Another FallGuy quest.
>>
>>1574238
30 years war is more interesting imho
>>
>>1572770
I'd like to see it in action. I've been toying around with the idea of using it myself.
>>
>>1574584
This guy gets it.
Saving Jeanne everyday, God damn delusional french farmgirl.

I missed that 30 years war koei made
>>
>>1574238
>>1574584
thirty years war is pretty much the most interesting war
>>
>>1574610
Koei made 30 year war?
>>
>>1574724
Dude, yer missing it
>>
>>1574238
Sci-fi zombie apocalypse
>>
>>1574735
It says 'Hundred Years War' right on the picture.
Where's my 30 Years at?
>>
>>1574839
spent being a wageslave
>>
>>1574839
I though the Jeanne part was a big red light.

I dont know what yer talkin about
>>
>>1574610
>Jeanne
>30 Years war
No anon, that's the Hundred Years war.
>>
>>1574866
I was waiting for that guy to say that
>>
>>1574238
As a player, a standard fare monster quest that isn't freeform but has players who form goals and discuss things with each other, with a neat skill tree and alrightly written characters.

As a QM a quest where the MC is inheriting the position of a small nation's military strategist and the remaining advisors after a particularly bad blunder which cost the capital and royal family, and with limited training they're now responsible for the remainder of their armies, state relationships with generals, and defending what they have now against slightly mythical and magical forces.

Can't have the first because people shy away from skill trees for those quests it seems, and can't have the second because
>>
>>1568878
Eclipsed Moon Quest
Tuffle Quest
>>
>>1574955
>As a QM a quest where the MC is inheriting the position of a small nation's military strategist and the remaining advisors after a particularly bad blunder which cost the capital and royal family, and with limited training they're now responsible for the remainder of their armies, state relationships with generals, and defending what they have now against slightly mythical and magical forces.

You had me until "Mythical/Magical"
>>
>>1574584
>MC literally spents most of their life fighting in the thirty years war
>rotating cast of characters that have a high mortality rate
>both Protestants and Catholics are complete shitbags
>relentless burning, pillaging and raping often just to survive or feel elevation from the endless conflict

Fuck I'd play it
>>
>>1575123
Same, in a way. It's one of the reasons I could never get into the idea properly when brainstorming. I like the idea of a magical world and being basically in charge of armies and general stratagem, but my experience with war games says it's not exactly popular for the kind of people who want that sort of game. A general, footsoldier, of that sort would be better, people who like strategists typically want a more historical basis if they're going to be one. At least that's how it is in pnp war games.
>>
>>1575166
Well that's the way I am. I'm just not a fan of magic and fantasy. I still think you've got a fun idea there, I think you could make something of it.
>>
>>1575188
Make it steampunk?
>>
>>1575202
Even worse
>>
>>1575157
>>1575157
Running Anarchy Accountant. New thread.
>>
>>1575166
>>1575188
>>1575202
shit can be fantastical without necessarily being magical. superstition could play a large part in this world so people under the illusion that magic is a large driving force in the world
>>
>>1575226
I like what yer thinkin.

We can go witch trial and spanish inquisition
>>
>>1575188
Certainly. It's just, even if I have experience with historical war games, putting magic into the mix changes more than just magic = earlier guns & artillery & telecommunications, because certain kinds of magic ought to be cultural in a world with middling to basic sciences based on location/restricted by language/kept secret by cults. To properly represent it, with the raw differences nations have between manpower and accessible resources, I'd be wary of putting too much on a character's shoulders. But on the other hand having them only have x to work with as a limitation can force out of the box thinking while having to deal with the kind of nonstandard dynamics that magic can bring to the table, but it's not a certainty. Even if players are acquisitive bumblefucks to resources and power, magic shouldn't give perfect solutions because it wouldn't be fun, but reliable magic can become powercreep in a wargame very easily. As much a resource as anything like quality iron is, but rarer, is how I feel it would work best.

Even if pretty much no nation has widespread magic, and the bulk of militaries are standard to different earlier periods of history, I have to think of more things to make a strategist's position an entertaining one to play. Not much of a point otherwise.

Technical & worldbuilding issues aside, it's one of a couple backburner idea that are fun to build from time to time, but requires more to be playable/fun.

>>1575202
I've wondered about steampunk but there's only a couple themes I can meaningfully grab without taking away from other stuff.

>>1575226
That's literally two whole factions right there, though one has a slightly different complex of it because of ancient heroes being screwy.
Ofc, nobody knows everything and has a perfect view of world's workings.
>>
Are there any successful examples of a quest with an intentionally overpowered MC? Someone who's just far more powerful than most or all of the other characters that they spend time with.
More importantly, has it been done without making the quest too simple?
>>
>>1575289
Reborn in rpg is one
Though last i read was Season 2
>>
File: templar232.jpg (81KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
templar232.jpg
81KB, 630x390px
Fantasy Crusader Quest is live.

>>1575343
>>1575343
>>
>>1572093
>>1572299
Whenever I see requests for "good" quests, I don't often see people try to sell them.

I'd imagine people asking might not know what the recommendations are, so call me crazy but I think selling them a bit might make what's what and why more clear.
>>
File: Quest Header.jpg (32KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
Quest Header.jpg
32KB, 564x564px
>>1575402
>>1575402
>>1575402
Metahuman Quest is live!
>>
>>1575408
Whenever I see these I never know if it's bad form to try to pimp out my own quest.
>>
>>1575408
Fuck the people asking for """good""" quest. There's no such thing as good. Taste are subjective.

Maybe if they asked for fantasy quest or sci-fi quest or bleach quest or whatever the fuck people would give them more productive answers.
>>
My bad taste tingles ever since Wargle delet'd his notes or whatever led to this hiatus and REQM went silent.

Gimme guilty pleasure quests in that vein.
>>
>>1575510
Plenty of fanfic for you. Dragon Ball and DC especially right now.
>>
>>1575540
>Implying those aren't anti-questfag falseflaggers

Fits their MO.
>>
File: Ohsnap.gif (875KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
Ohsnap.gif
875KB, 500x318px
>>1575540
>>1575546
>>
The Father. Please return to us. House Malroy time is not yet up.
>>
File: wut.png (17KB, 489x312px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
17KB, 489x312px
Questions for Questers

>What's the weirdest quest you ever enjoyed?

>What's one kind of quest you've always wanted to play but have never seen?
>>
>>1568878
Smiley still runs Beyond the Gate
>>
>>1575687
Enemy quest. It go charming alien characters barring the lewd scenes

Exorcist quest. A truly classic exorcist quest with holy water and psalm
>>
>>157568
>Weirdest
The Book of Worms. It's about a sleep deprived man on the run with a hole in his head and a book full of worms and whenever he goes to sleep a squid shows up to try and get the book back. That would be bad for everyone.

>Wanted
I know it's kind of generic but I haven't seen a superhero quest that's grabbed me for ages. I like the ones with odder or more limited powers.
>>
File: Elite1.jpg (633KB, 702x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Elite1.jpg
633KB, 702x1056px
>>1575903
>>1575903
>>1575903

Dark Empire Quest rides again!

Come do bad guy star wars stuff!
>>
>>1575987
>The Book of Worms
That . . . sounds incredible! Like some David Lynch shit. Was it ever archived?
>>
>>1575997
Oh it's over on tgchan. It's complete too.

https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Worms
>>
>>1574238
I've never really enjoyed playing a Civ, but if I had the time I'd like to run one where the players take the roll of civilian and military members of a more powerful alternate history version of the British Committee of Imperial Defence, and have to try to pilot the Empire's military development from 1902 through both World Wars and various other crises, while dealing with the constant factionalism, branch rivalries, demands of the politicians etc. all while each player tries to advance their own faction/s power within the service.

They wouldn't have full control over the military though, as they're at the end of the day just an advisory committee and mostly limited to R&D and aiding inter-branch cooperation, so stuff like pandering to powerful factions within the Army to get them to support your plan for the latest offensive is a necessity, even if the concessions you're making to them might make the attack less likely to succeed. Plus technological advancement would be semi-random and projects, especially advanced ones would be prone to setbacks or outright failure. I just really like the idea of a civ that actually feels like you're piloting some cumbersome, inefficient and deeply flawed bureaucratic monstrosity and few things can compete in that realm like the early 20th Century British military.
>>
>>1576215
That sounds incredible. Sort of similar to a game I'm tinkering with. If you ever run that, sign me up. Though how would you cope with player drop-in drop-out and managing their own faction of the government?
>>
>>1576337
A player that stops turning up probably got transferred to a different position if they're military, as most members of the committee would be ranked between Lt-Commander(RN)/Major(RA) and Rear Admiral/Major-General so being posted to an active unit would very much be a possibility while civilian members might simply be leaving the committee temporarily or permanently as public servants or politicians would.

As for managing their faction, they wouldn't really, the factions aren't hard associations with rules, gatherings or an official head, just very much loose associations of individuals or groups within the armed forces that agree or particular points and when presented with one of those issues may act together to influence parts of the military to aid or waylay its implementation. The players could very well be 'members' of multiple factions, align or distance themselves from them as they wish and so on so forth. Some may be more tight knit or have such groups within them though, which could be open to more conventional player management, but they'd be pretty rare and usually only a minor part of the actual movement.
>>
>>1576369
Brilliant. Again, I would love to play something like that. And one day when I finish Dark Empire I may start something similar.
>>
Great war quest Resumes. We play the game of nobles.
>>1578512
>>1578512
>>1578512
>>
>>1578827
>>1578827
>>1578827

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
>>1579424
>>1579424

Fantasy Crusader Quest is live, and it's time to march on crusade.
>>
>>1574238
I've tried running it several times, but nobody cared.
>>
>>1575687
Tile Quest was surprisingly good.
>>
>>1576009
Not that guy, but thank you for that, pretty damn good read.
I've been wondering about a Don't Rest Your Head-esque quest recently, now I have even more food for thought.
But I have one last writing commitment before I'm free to QM so I guess I gotta focus on that first.
>>
>>1582496
>>1582496

Do you like armored warfare, ghosts, passive aggressive wizards and bitchy women?

If so then Panzer Commander quest is for you, with varying amounts of each of these things. Unfortunately for those with more broad tastes, for now it's mostly set to be murder.
>>
Feel like playing evil Isekai or something like that?

I am thinking about it
>>
>>1568433

Oh shit, Zap, you're alive? I kinda lost track of Starcaller, I'll be catching up today so I can read tomorrow
>>
Riz, are you still alive?
>>
>>1582522
>ghosts, passive aggressive wizards
This quest is not what I expected it to be
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
An update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/30-A-hero-should-only-be-one/XFMpzuaivwm87CH6K
What is Hell?
>>
File: op.jpg (153KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
153KB, 700x700px
>>1584351
i draw anime
>>
Guys, I was thinking about running this quest for a while, so I'm just going to throw out this premise to see if there's any interest.

Premise

It’s a quest I want to run on QST. You will be playing a hero of old, called to undeath by a powerful binding spell.

The Human Empire is in peril, and you are the only one who can save it. Seventy years ago, with the death of the last Emperor, Nicholas III, the line that lasted a thousand years was broken. The war of succession tore apart the mighty Empire from within.

The Principalities, which even before this event had their differences, split apart, no longer united by the same ruler. Each with their own traditions, beliefs and goals, they now stand divided against the growing enemies of mankind.

The orcs and the centaurs, who were driven to the southern deserts of Accalshia, now claw at the principalities of Ecna and Ashur for land and loot.

In the sacred forests of the Palindur principality, the Elves, who posed as age-long allies against the orcish menace, now have shown their true colors. They have declared war against humanity, and have been conquering lands year after year.

The Dwarven Confederation, were always cautious when dealing with the Empire. Still, now that humanity is weaken, they too have used this chance to expand their influence all across the Principalities.

All sorts of monsters and criminals have sprung up across the Empire, no longer kept in check by the Human army.

And, last but not least, there are rumors of demon worshipers conspiring to open a Hell Portal and kickstart the fourth Demonic Invasion.

You are an ancient hero, resting in your forgotten crypt. A voice of a young woman comes ringing across the veil, rousing you from your deep slumber.

You once swore to protect the Empire unto death and beyond. Now the time has come to fulfill your vows.
>>
>>1584719
what would the actual quest entail?
>>
>>1584719
Sounds fine, if a bit uninspired, and prone to devolving into "hurrdurr everyone but the humans is le evil". But the main problem is what you've done is describe the quest's setting, not it's premise. So >>1584801
is the question.
>>
>>1584719
Also, don't just call a civilisation "The Human Empire" it's dumb and you should feel bad, and remember that tiny satellite states and racial minorities within larger nations not only make more sense but also make things more interesting. Plus "declaring war on humanity" sounds stupid, especially if these elves are supposedly so conniving as to hold an alliance with the Empire for ages just biding their time, their betrayal would likely be centered around intrigue, backstabbing and limited wars where they used the division of the 'human' realms to defeat them piecemeal and play them off against each other rather than declaring some point-eared jihad equivalent and risking unifying them.
>>
>>1584801
There would be two parts to the quest. One, where you go around with a small group of murderhobos, and adventure. Killing things, sneaking about, solving mysteries. There would also be a large-scale political and military aspect to it, like a strategy game. You would go around leading armies, sending out agents, securing alliances.

So, you would decide what your faction does on a global scale, and then play out your part of it with more detail. At least the adventure part would me a bit crunchy, but in a way that makes for quick encounters. The global part would be a bit more open, but there still would be some base rules.

>>1584903
There are empires that name themselves after their capital, so why not name themselves after the people that live there?
>>
>>1585078
I'm not hearing much that would really stand out to make for an enjoyable quest.
>>
>>1575402
>>1575402
>>1575402
Metahuman Quest isl live!
>>
>>1575733
He just won't fucking die
>>
>>1568878
Mine kept going and eventually we started a new one.
>>
File: The Boogeyman.jpg (82KB, 460x595px) Image search: [Google]
The Boogeyman.jpg
82KB, 460x595px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLM2CT-y74c
>>1589016
>>1589016
>>1589016
American Arcana is live! Are you ready to face the thing in the closet?
>>
>>1583092
Hiya anon! I just finished writing 18 pages of academic papers. Whether I'm actually alive anymore is debatable, but whatcha need?
>>
Apparently /qst/ doesn't like me posting in my thread, so I'm testing to see WTF is going on in here.
>>
>>1589654
I need to know you haven't been hit by a bus and I still have a chance to see Valen Quest return.

My sympathies on having to write papers. I know how shitty that can be.
>>
>this place is slowly becoming Infested with tripfags and namefags

how long until this place becomes so cancerous that it gets nuked for crossboarding antics?
>>
>>1590149
That would require crossboarding antics.
>>
>>1590149
>this place is slowly becoming Infested with tripfags and namefags

I believe those are just called QMs famalam.

Not nearly enough people dare to crossboard post, even though if they did this place would probably get more traffic...

And I don't mean shitposting in /tg/ about how all of this was a mistake, I mean trying to get people to come here, rather than telling people that this place never should have been made. Not very encouraging to potential visitors.
>>
>>1590179
>I believe those are just called QMs famalam.

No those are tripfags and namefags that take their shit either from their own quests or the quests they started fagging in andd taking them to other quest threads to fag in

>>1590179
>I mean trying to get people to come here, rather than telling people that this place never should have been made. Not very encouraging to potential visitors.

this board has no appeal other than quests and since no one crossboards here for any other reason (like they did on /tg/) you have to have a vested intrest in a quest in the first place to be here.

This board WAS a mistake for that simple fact and unlike the other major containment boards we dont have any degeneracy to sustain us.
>>
>>1590236

Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>1590236
High grade autism anon.
>>
>>1590149
Your mistake is assuming that boards get nuked just for being cancerous.

>>1590179
>Not nearly enough people dare to crossboard post, even though if they did this place would probably get more traffic...

If tripfaggotry is the only way to save /qst/, then clearly /qst/ isn't worth saving at all.
>>
File: ac.gif (36KB, 297x292px) Image search: [Google]
ac.gif
36KB, 297x292px
>>1590478

Come on in if you want to read my new quest.
>>
>>1590793
>>1590793

I made an evil quest
>>
File: Another Dragon Ball Quest Title.png (109KB, 2048x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Another Dragon Ball Quest Title.png
109KB, 2048x1000px
>>1590916
Another Dragon Ball Quest starting up again.
>>
Starcaller Quest is live right now:
>>1591181
>>1591181
>>1591181
>>
File: 1444279219818.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444279219818.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
For total clarity, I'm a total /qst/ newfag. And so far the biggest cancer on quest is people complaining about quest.
>>
File: The_Velveteen_Rabbit.jpg (379KB, 1982x2699px) Image search: [Google]
The_Velveteen_Rabbit.jpg
379KB, 1982x2699px
Velveteen Rabbit, I choose you!
>>1591951
American Arcana Quest is continuing where we left off.
>>
Hey all, so, I was thinking, with the recent death of PapaSlink's DC Cape Quest, the success of Sleepy's Metahuman Quest, and now a Teen Titans Quest, I was wondering how many peopel would be willing to run with a Marvel Themed Cape Quest?
>>
>>1593341
yeah do it
>>
File: we_are_not.jpg (817KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
we_are_not.jpg
817KB, 1224x814px
I'm very sorry if /qst/ is not the place for it, but do you know of any rng-based game simulators similar to brantsteele.com? I'm looking for something where you choose your own participants and the simulator decides what they do, and eventually picks a winner in some way. Brantsteele offers a lot of options and you can customize it to some extent but I kinda need something completely different.
>>
>>1593341
Go for it man. Oh and, please consider a symbiote to be among power choices.That'd be interesting.
>>
>>1593518
I was actually considering exactly that as one of the choices as it so happens, under Mutation the others being Super Genius and Mysticism, all three with sub-categories.
>>
>>1593518
>>1593526

There's already a Symbiote Quest.
>>
>>1593637
Aw boo. There a link?
>>
>>1593655
https://fiction.live/
>>
>>1593655
https://fiction.live/stories/Symbiote-Quest-2-0/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/home
>>
>>1593662
>>1593664
Thanks m8s
>>
And Marvel Cape Quest Issue 1 is up and running folks!

>>1593718
>>1593718
>>1593718
>>
>>1593341
>with the recent death of PapaSlink's DC Cape Quest

Is there a story behind this or was it just a standard drop?
>>
>>1593787

He dropped it.
>>
>>1593787
Think he just got bored. Straight up just left in the middle of a choice prompt saying he didn't feel like it.
>>
>>1593787
He dropped it. Said he didn't enjoy it anymore. Which is a legit reason to quit it just doesn't suck any less.
>>
After many an internet problem, Starcaller Quest is live:
>>1594348
>>1594348
>>1594348
>>
File: OL.png (609KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
OL.png
609KB, 800x1131px
>>1595009

Shipgirl Commander us running for those interested. You're hitting the climax with the Takao appeal ... for those of you that do play.
>>
hey, quick question. how do you use colored text? I can seem to figure it out and googling didn't turn up anything
>>
>>1596049
read the sticky faggot
Wrap the text in tags
You can only use text formatting tags if you're the OP
The tags are blue, red, green, b & i
Press ctrl+s to make a spoiler tag if you need to see what the format looks like
>>
Fuck this.
Starting next month or so, I'm gonna try running my Post-Apoc magic-music quest, or try out a Re:monster-ish quest.

I crave headpats that only REQM could satisfy, but damned if I'm that good, so I'll try it justto rekindle that feeling.
>>
You know what someone SHOULD do...? A quest based on that one card game. Chaotic I think it was called. It was like Magic the Gathering but good.
>>
>>1575402
>>1575402
>>1575402
Metahuman Quest is now live!
>>
>>1596762
>I crave headpats

I'll never understand this obsession.
>>
>>1597912
Autism.

That's why.
>>
>>1597912
It fulfills the need for emotional intimacy without obliging anons to engage in scary normal social interactions.

tl;dr it's cuddling for pussies.
>>
Starcaller.
>>1598526
>>1598526
>>1598526
>>
File: you are wrong.png (517KB, 459x755px) Image search: [Google]
you are wrong.png
517KB, 459x755px
I've been getting back into Doctor Who lately. Would anyone be interested in a quest set in that universe?

I was thinking of the player character being a Cyberman from the old series (who seemed to have more autonomy and individuality, especially when they had ranks), going on missions for the glory of the Cyber empire, working their way up through the ranks - or regaining their individuality and breaking away from the Cyber race.

Alternatively, for more standard Who affair, something like a time agent.
>>
File: 1489006273867.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1489006273867.gif
2MB, 420x420px
Has there been any other successful mahvel quest after Crusty?
>>
>>1599648
The new one right now is doing good but it's not my cup of tea.
>>
Hello, don't mind me

>>1599999
>>1600000
>>
>>1599648
No. Someone needs to revive Crusty. Someone tell him the archives didn't get split and that I need my fix of laura
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.