[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Quest! Lets do it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 1

File: updated civ chart.jpg (3MB, 2046x4091px) Image search: [Google]
updated civ chart.jpg
3MB, 2046x4091px
Hey guys! Welcome to my civ quest!

I prefer to use the sheet as a rough guideline so bear with me.

First question for our players, what race are we playing?(Subraces are allowed as well)

A. Humans
B. Dwarves(Duergar)
C. Elves(High, Wood, Dark, Frost)
D. Orcs
E. Vampires(Select base race)
>>
>>1558952
Jungle Elves. (Think wood elves crossed with Dark elves)

Islands.
>>
>>1558952
Still around op?
>>
>>1558976
Yep
>>
>>1558976
>>1558998
Ive done this a few times before, it generally takes an hour or so to get things rolling
>>
>>1559000
Yeah. So what are your previous civs? Any memorable ones?
>>
>>1559037
Ive played under the name Shmeh before, I have quite a few civs in the archives
>>
>>1558967
From OP's options, this seem to be most interesting, support.
>>
>>1559060
>>1558967
Jungle elves on Islands then

Second Question, what is the status of our civilization?

A. Natives(Pick level of advancement)
B. Stagnant Empire(Advanced)
C. Recent arrivals(Basic)
D. Fledgling(Medium)
>>
>>1559063
Native tribe that is picking up steam. Level of advancement, stone and bone tools, crude boats, fire, a Nature Druid or Water Madge (whichever fits best), ancestor or Volcano spirit worship
>>
>>1559063
>natives
Stone age
>>
>>1559085
>>1559071
Stone age Jungle Elves

Final Question, what kind of leader guides our people?

A. A great hunter or warrior without peer, their strength guides our people
B. A powerful shaman, attuned to the spirits of the Islands, granting boons to our people
C. A mage, while our understanding of the arcane is primitive, our peoples magic is raw, primal and strong
D. Other
>>
>>1559106
Humm...I'll go for an warrior leader for a change, shaman would be my second.
>A. A great hunter
>>
>>1559106
WARRIOR LEADER.

Kualai. Hunter of the great Kraken. The SharkTooth. Master of the waves. The Boat Breaker.
>>
>>1559122
>>1559109
Ahoeitu, the greatest hunter in 10 generations, leads our people, slaying the great beasts, the Kraken, sharks and great eels that inhabit the waters around the island. He is an extremely quick swimmer and deadly with his hunting spear.

Ahoeitu, in a momentous decision for the ages, has decided to move our peoples encampment to the main island, away from the tiny island in the archipelago we once inhabited, improving our access to food and natural resources. Our scouts believe the island is not home to any other groups and that we live alone with the flora and fauna of the island, the majority of the island is covered in dense jungle, riven with small freshwater streams and small waterfalls.

The Southwest corner of the island is dominated by the great fire mountain, which once raged with great fury in the earliest days of our people....
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1559160
Our people were able to bring their meager possessions on the small simple rafts that carried them across the water, the wood from the rafts used to make simple shelters on the beach, near a small stream on the northeast of the island.

Stats
Population: 100 Jungle Elves
Buildings: Simply Shelters
Technology: Primitive in all areas
Military: No regular trained warriors
15 hunters armed with sharpened sticks using the wits and agility of the Elven race to kill their prey, by both land and sea...

We also possess 5 fishing boats, small reinforced primitive rafts

Whats our first course of action?

A. Improve the shelters
B. Begin a great hunt
C. Survey the land for natural resources(Northeast quadrant of the island)
D. Chop wood for construction of structures or ships
E. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1559176
Also another mechanic I should mention, I do roll a d5 every turn to determine technological advances, which will allow you to improve technology in one area. Rolls of a 5 grant a tech advance, which the chances can be improved with civ developments, in addition to tech improvements, through events, trade and looting of other civilizations
>>
>>1559176
Survey the land. We need to search for Obsidian or flint or Shark Teeth or Bone or some such to improve our spears. Sharp sticks don't help SHIT.
>>
What is our food situation?
And rolling for tech advances seems far better than just voting for it.

>>1559176
C. Survey the land for natural resources
Lets see what this land holds first
>>
>>1559194
>>1559192
We have enough food for a a few weeks

The survey of the area reveals stone that can chipped into primitive tools, allowing us to chop bigger trees and give our hunters more potent weapons...

We also find fruit trees, growing near the freshwater stream, not ripe yet, but will be able to be harvested in another 2 months or so....

Our scouts also have spotted wildboar and large raptorlike featherless birds, which appear to dominate the other wildlife on the island, and could provide us a potential foodsource....

Whats our next move?

A. Gather a party to hunt by land
B. Gather a party to hunt by water
C. Chop trees for construction
D. Improve tools with chipped and sharpened stone
E. Survey the the southeast quadrant of the island
F. Other(Write in)
>>
>>1559233
Improve tools. Our leader should be given a gift of a great spear, barbed and bladed with sharpened stone.
>>
>>1559233
How large are these flightless birds?

>Raptor cavalry incoming.
>>
>>1559251
3ft-4ft tall, with large claws, considered to be stupid but highly aggressive and territorial, so too small to be cavalry, but could still be potentially domesticated, or hunted for meat and leather....
>>
>>1559261
So basically edible attack dogs? With the right breeding program and the dedicated efforts of several "volunteers" they could be trained to attack anything to aid us in hunting on land or in combat and the ones that die in the effort will be perfect dinners.
>>
>>1559270
Well technically dogs are edible.... some cultures eat dog regularly or did in the past
>>
>>1559233
>D. Improve tools with chipped and sharpened stone
>>
Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d5)

>>1559284
>>1559246
Ahoeitu builds the first of the new spears for himself,a large hunting spear made from the finest wood and affixed with a sharpened stone blade, sharpened to a fine point.

Soon, new spears are made for all of our hunters, our people are greatly pleased with this new development...

One morning large crabs, with massive chitinous shells are spotted on the beach, only a few miles from camp, while near impervious to our stone weapons, if their claws can be avoided and they are flipped over, their soft underbelly is exposed, providing large shell fragments and meat when they are slain.

Whats our next move?

D. Survey the the southeast quadrant of the island
F. Other(Write in)
>>
>>1559306
and no, that five doesnt count, since I didnt actually roll a 5, I however did a double roll since I forgot to last turn
>>
>>1559306
>A. Gather a party to hunt by land
Hunt the crabs, to make chitin armor out of their shells and to get some food
>>
>>1559306
Chop trees for construction. We need to build ourselves some better homes and boats.
>>
>>1559317
Nevermind supporting this. We need to make some kind of protection for ourselves before we begin hunting the biggest beasties
>>
>>1559317
Yeah this
>>
Rolled 4 (1d5)

>>1559354
>>1559345
>>1559317
Ahoeitu develops a technique involving one hunter using his spear to lift and push the crab over, while another warrior attacks from the front and distracts, the crabs, once knocked over, are an easy kill for even the youngest and most inexperienced hunters...

With the crabs being killed, there is now chitin available for creating spear points, and armor.

Several weeks pass, as our people eat heartedly and in this great moment of hope, 2 children are concieved, however it will be some time, before they will be useful to the tribe as Elves take 50 years to reach maturity, and full adulthood, constituting a major commitment in raising elven children

Whats our next move?

F. Other(Write in)
>>
>>1559379
Chop trees. We need to construct homes and great boats.
>>
>>1559385
this
>>
>>1559390
>>1559385
Ahoeitu gathers the abled bodied men and women of the village and has them use the new stone axes to chop large swathes of the forest around the camp, clearing land closer to the stream. The lumber allows a great many new huts to built with wood, lashed together with leaves to create waterproof shelters that can also allow breeze to blow through during the dry season.

The first of a new type of boat is built, a larger raft, intended to carry a larger number of hunters/fishermen for mass fishing operations or the hunting of large aquatic creatures...

They can carry much more with them as well. making fishing more efficient...

One morning a young couple out collecting shells notices strange carved stones along the beach a dozen miles from your camp, in addition to what seems to be bones and waste items

Whats your next move?

C. Investigate the strange carved stones
F. Other(Write in)

And thats all for now guys, I expect to get back on early afternoon Eastern time tomorrow and should be able to run the civ for a lot of the day.

Please feel free to discuss the game, future ideas for our civ and whatever you like and thanks for playing!
>>
>>1559445
Equip all fifteen of our hunters and our leader with Shell Armor and stone spears and send them to investigate the carved stones. If they are weaker than us, enslave them. If they are of equal strength to us, observe their warriors and look for openings. If they are stronger than us, look for a way to reduce their strength.
>>
>>1559445
Thanks for running.

We probally should scout the rest of the island and make more permanent village
>>
>>1559569
>>1559521
Ahoeitu and the rest of the tribe try their best to use the chitin to make armor but struggle without material to embed the chitin in (requires cloth or leather), lashing the chitin directly to the skin has resulted in cutting our hunters skins, including one deep gash. However the chitin makes for effective spear points and small knives. You elect to send the hunters to investigate the strange carved stones, how should we go about this?

A. Arrive in force
B. Observe the stones from cover some distance away
C. Send a pair of hunters in as bait while the rest of our hunters wait in ambush
D. Other(write-in)
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>1559445
>>
>>1563116
Also you guys just got your first tech roll

A. Rope
B. Pottery
C. Advanced weaving
D. Primtive herbal medicine
>>
>>1563104
>C. Send a pair of hunters in as bait while the rest of our hunters wait in ambush
Honour for the brave hunters!

>>1563132
>C. Advanced weaving
Lets get those armors
>>
>>1563245
Dis. We need to scout them out and get that Dank armor.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1563556
>>1563245
A great discovery has been made, with turning fibers into rope and weaving fibers into cloth, while expensive and rare, making clothes is now possible, this also allows us to make chitin armor

You send the brave hunters forward to scout the site alone, as Ahoeitu and the rest of the hunters watch from afar

Unfortunately noone is spotted, however the strange carvings appear to be apart of a ritual of some kind. There also fish bones and crab remains strewn about in a pile nearby...

A. Have the hunters camp nearby and keep the site under watch
B. Have the hunters return home for the time being.
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1563881
Have the hunters keep a watch from camouflage
>>
>>1563881
Survival bump #1, I plan on being around all night tonight
>>
>>1564205
Im here bro.
>>
>>1563986
C. i would say stay in camouflage, but try to see if you could utilize a makeshift trap for when they return
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1565319
>>1563986
You have the hunters wait through the night, when movement is seen near the carved stones, upon closer inspection, there seem to be a half dozen serpentine figures, their scales shining against the moonlight, they seem to be performing some sort of ritual near the stones, while a few of them seem to be focused on eating fish and discarding them nearby....

Your men watch for another hour before they slither back into the sea....

Whats our next move?

A. Attempt to make contact
B. Fall back to our settlement and keep our distance for now
C. Other(Write-in)

Alright guys, I will be checking in and posting intermittently tomorrow throughout the entire day. Hope your having fun and thanks for playing!
>>
>>1565491
>B. Fall back to our settlement and keep our distance for now

Lets secure ourselfs better on this place, before making contact.
>>
>>1565491
Serpent folk. Evil. Bad spirits. They must be destroyed.

Fall back to camp. Begin fashioning shell armor and organize a great hunt for boar and bird to make leather for straps and cordage. We will attack from the sea and from the land.
>>
>>1565658
>>1565600
The hunters fall back to camp and our people are told to avoid the area near the stones

What's our next move?

B. Gather a party to hunt by sea
C. Survey the southeast quadrant of the island
D. Other(write in)
>>
>>1566032
Gather a party to hunt by land
>>
>>1566042
This
>>
Rolled 2, 3 = 5 (2d5)

>>1566088
>>1566042
A hunting party is assembled and spread through the dense jungle, the thick canopy above providing the only respite against the swelling heat....

After a hard few days of work, several boar have been killed. alongside with several lizards...

This has given us meat for many weeks to come, as the people eat heartedly....

In addition a small abandoned lizard nest is found, with several eggs in it...

A. Keep them until they hatch!
B. Youve always loved a good omelette in the morning
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1567122
Final survival bump
>>
>>1567122
>A. Keep them until they hatch!
>>
>>1567122
A
>>
>>1567744
>>1567741
Ahoeitu has the eggs brought home with care, and they are placed in a secure makeshift nest, with access to the sun for warmth....

Nothing seems to happening with them for the time being....

A great deal of fur pelts and lizardskin is also gained from the great hunt, allowing our people to better clothe themselves and improving the quality of our armor....

A. Establish a defence of the camp
B. Gather a party to hunt by sea
C. Survey the southeast quadrant of the island
D. Other(write in)
>>
>>1568152
>B. Gather a party to hunt by sea
Plenty of food in the sea.
>>
>>1567122

A
>>
>>1568152
B
>>
>>1568157
>B
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1568157
>>1568203
>>1568213
Several large rafts are built as Ahoeitu prepares the great hunt for the beasts that lurk beneath the sea, Elves can hold their breath for long amounts of time and are less vulnerable to losing body temper to extended times in the water compared to humans.

Hunting the great beasts is tough and dangerous work, and one hunter is severely injured, after being crushed by a kraken

However a Kraken is slain providing a great deal of food for our people, as well as providing chitin for armor...

During a dive, despite low visibility, one of the hunters reports seeing a serpentine figure looking on at us from the distance....

Alright thats all I got for now, I should be able to run the game late 6pm eastern time tomorrow and run it intermittently all night, I will devote more attention to the thread if traffic picks up.

Thanks for playing guys!
>>
>>1568313
Great job OP! Sorry there's not much traffic on your quest: ( im liking it at least
>>
>>1568313
Next we make sure to fortify the settlement.
A palisade with spear filled trenches should be good.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d5)

>>1570629
>>1568492
>>1568313
It is early in the morning when one of the men of the village starts yelling, for everyone to get up....

A pair of serpentine people approach your camp from the sea, they seem to raise their empty hands as a gesture of peace....

What should we do?

A. Call everyone to arms! It's time to fight
B. Have Ahoeitu and another hunter meet them in the middle between the water and the camp
C. Other(write-in)
>>
>>1570802

>B. Have Ahoeitu and another hunter meet them in the middle between the water and the camp
>>
>>1570802
>A. Call everyone to arms! It's time to fight
>>
>>1570802
>B. Have Ahoeitu and another hunter meet them in the middle between the water and the camp

Diplomacy first.
Describe the snake people.
Are they just humans with snake lower bodies?
>>
>>1570802

B Ask if they are snek people if they only hiss kill em all
>>
>>1572459
>>1572337
>>1571398
>>1571394
This quest seems to be running real slow, and not picked up much steam, I was thinking of running a new civ quest in a little more structured setting, would you guys be interested in that? Or would you rather me keep on going here?
>>
>>1575019

im fine either way
>>
>>1575019
Didin't realize you continued this thread, as it didin't bump anymore after so many days..probally should have tighter wrapped threads and then start an new thread when you have time again.
I'll be following anyway, as much as time zones allow.
>>
>>1577045
Youre right about that, been busy lately, but I will try to do better on that
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>1572459
>>1572337
>>1571394
Ahoeitu and another hunter cautiously approach the beach hands outstretched to show they are unarmed, The serpentfolk attempt to use their handlike fins to motion to communicate. They come unarmed as well. They seem to make motions to indicate they are interested in friendship and trade....

A. Ask them what they want they might want to trade and generally try to learn their language
B. Attack them! The only reason anyone ever asks for peace is weakness
C. Make an assurance of peace and leave politely
>>
>>1580034
A, trading is always the option
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.