[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hollow Adventurer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: aad0a53edfd9b42be666824b3ee0f554.jpg (144KB, 1000x906px) Image search: [Google]
aad0a53edfd9b42be666824b3ee0f554.jpg
144KB, 1000x906px
You used to be an adventurer. Still are in name and skill. But there was a hollowness in you. It grew when your father died of grey leaf in leaf den and it grew further as your mother left. You were small. Too small.

You were good with knives. You became caravan guard. And then you found some traveling companions. In some short, rapidly passing days, maybe even friends. You killed goblins and orcs and gnolls and have traveled land far and wide. In 20 years you assembled an epic set of armor and a blade that can cut flesh, magic and aether. Eventually your fellow adventurers left you. There was enough gold and wine and women. For you, it was not that these things were never enough. They never mattered. No woman could fill your void, no amount of gold would make you happy and oblivion that wine brought, was not enough.

So you stayed. You did not end yourself, because you were dead many times before, raised by party cleric. Other side offered no respite from hollowness.

Eventually you found a rogue wizard. It was in times, when you were undergoing transformation to a lich. Wizard offered you knowledge – a shard and a map – that will lead you to happiness. He wanted a book, an ancient tome and you provided it to him. Then you killed him.

Your phylactery now resides with a dragon and should he call upon you some day, you will have to answer. But for now, you reside in the outskirts of a large port town, full of taverns, adventurers, sailors and disease. It is here that your search for a secret island that dead wizard promised, continues.
>>
Damn son, you really rushed through that backstory
>>
>>1558777
I know. First quest was made a few days ago, didn't know if I'll continue it and so ...
>>
>>1558781
oh your back, nice to see. I'm ready to continue if you are
>>
so is this still going?
>>
Interesting concept, shame OP jumped ship.
>>
Ded quest.
>>
>>1566957
indeed, heres a thought.
one of us could start the thread back up again
>>
>>1570157
if you want to be my guest, doesn't seem like OP is coming back, and to be honest it doesn't seem like he put a huge amount of thought beyond the prologue anyway. Personally I'd like to see if anyone can take this quest anywhere.
>>
One of the few things the old wizard said before died was that "The light of the shard shall guide the way..." and "The happy end you seek will be another's brutal beginning...". You were never the type who would spend days thinking about what the cryptic stuff meant back in your traveling days, defending and adventuring whatever the journey led to, so you came up with a more practical solution...

>Interrogate the nearby sailors if the map seemed familiar to them
>Check the tavern for anything of interest
>Wander aimlessly into town for now
>>
>>1571217
>Interrogate the nearby sailors if the map seemed familiar to them
good on you man, but will walking around as a lich have consequences?
>>
>>1571374
"Shit, it's all the kid's fault!" A startled townsperson cowered. You had a fearsome exterior, scarred from your experiences in battle, but what are some men from a port town going to do to someone of such skill and prowess.

The only thing that seemed odd is how a kid seemed to be what they blamed for your presence. A mere child, of all things, is what they believed brought you here.

"Take the boy, just don't hurt us..." Someone muttered, kicking a young lad in your general direction in the process. Everyone else ran away. For lack of better thing to do, you pick up this small boy, who seemed no younger than five, and continued on your way through the seaside area.

The child, however, cried as you carried him here and there. You could see a few eyes peeking through the windows, wondering what was all the fuss, realizing what horror has come here.

After a while of taking a nice stroll through town, since nothing else seemed interesting, you decided to put the boy down in a dark alley.

"W-why haven't you killed me?" The child cried.

"You aren't what I came here for..." You reply unenthusiastically.

"Where are you going?" He asked, with less tears in his eyes.

"Somewhere..." You respond even more unenthusiastically.

"C-can I come with you then?" He asked, his face partially dried after crying.

"Why would you want to follow me?" You ask the boy, now curious of what he wants.

"Nobody wants me here, and trouble always finds me there. You haven't done anything to me..." He cried after hesitating for an answer.

How do you respond?
>Bring the boy along, he could be interesting
>Leave him there, he is not worth my time

And where are you going now?
>To the Tavern
>To the docks
>>
>>1572649
I think I screwed up a few things there, sorry...
>>
>>1572649
>Bring the boy along, he could be interesting
New companion, ha he's probably gonna die
>To the Tavern
Maybe we should buy a helmet or something later
>>
>>1572678
As soon as you step in through the door, the whole place gets quiet. Friends telling stories of the places they've been are left at a cliff-hanger. Fools hitting on "used goods" stop trying so hard. The bar keeper's happy grin fades away.

"What brings you here, traveler?" The aged man serving beer says.

"I'm looking for a sailer who can take me here..." you mutter, pulling out the map of the island you seek.

It may appear that everyone is looking at you in fear or disgust, you can feel that their gazes were aimed toward the child. It was just then that a young sailor walked in.

"Hey Robbie, ya mind passing me a cold-" The sailor pauses. Before him stand the cursed child and a fearsome lich.

"Not so fast," the barkeeper interrupts, "this gentleman here would like to know if you can take him and his friend somewhere. We all know how much you love mapping out the islands you've seen, so you might as well help him out."

His youthful expression goes awry, but he complies. Although the map was worn and faded, the sailor could recognize the markings on it.

"Sure, but I don't just hand out free rides to people. I need supplies for the trip and-" he tries to reason.

You respond by throwing a sack of coins towards the barkeeper, and handing another over to the sailor. The sailor then accepts his fate as the old man proceeds to get him "a cold one".

As the sailor drinks, he pulls out a large map he had in his pack. It had a much larger view of an area, but more importantly it had the shape of the island on your map in it.

"Aye, I can take you there. But many rumors have been spread about that place." He mutters, taking a sip from his mug.

"Oy, this isn't a cold one! What's gotten wrong with ya Robbie?" He sighs.

"Sure, you've gotten enough money for the supplies and all that, but are you really sure?"

How do you respond? You can only pick two...
>What do you mean by rumors?
>Why else do you think I've been looking for a sailor such as yourself?
>Let the fact that he's talking to a fully equipped lich sink in
>>
>>1572948
>Why else do you think I've been looking for a sailor such as yourself?
>Let the fact that he's talking to a fully equipped lich sink in
>>
>>1572984
"Oh... err..." he sighs

"Fine, it's not like I've got a job to do at the moment..."

So, you and your companions go and collect everything you needed. Turns out you didn't need to hand the sailor a sack of cash, considering how much of a bad omen you and the child's presence is. Everyone is willing to hand away their precious wares just get the two of you away.

The next day, everything is prepped for the long journey. Nothing could ever go wrong.

If adventuring had taught you only one thing, you could guarantee that it was that anything will go wrong.

(Roll 10d100, its going to be a long journey ahead boys...)
>>
Rolled 51, 37, 30, 40, 29, 31, 95, 8, 26, 50 = 397 (10d100)

>>1573594
>>
>>1573612
1st encounter:
Small punctures appear along the bottom of the boat, enough supplies to fix leaks.

2nd encounter:
After taking a nap, you awaken to see that a few bits of driftwood float your way. Something about the red stains seems off.

3rd encounter:
A small wreckage appears, surrounded by the bits of driftwood. The red stains are more frequent near the cracks an chips in the remains. Do you dare salvage the remains?

>No (continue on)
> Yes (roll me a d100)
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1573749
>yes
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>1573877
Decent roll

You find a stash of emeralds...

Wait a minute. Why is it shiny? There is barely any ligh in here, and yet it sparkles a bit more than the others...

A Lesser Sea Snake lunges at you! You-
>>
>>1575654
Got bit in the arm. You managed to slit the creature's throats before it slithered away into the sea, but somehow you don't feel so good...

(Minus 10 to dice rolls until after 4th encounter)

Looting the wreckage wasn't so hard! You have 30 small emerald shards, a battered bronze shield and 7 Sea Scales in your trading inventory.

4th encounter
A small group of Lesser Sea Snakes are swimming after your party. Where and how will you fight them?

>I'll Dive underwater and fight them head on (roll 1d100)
>Let them come aboard so I can get a better kill (risks party health, roll 2d100)
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1575665
I'll Dive underwater and fight them head on (roll 1d100)
minus 10 for this roll?
>>
>>1575849
I probably should have been more descriptive. The venom in the bite would have killed any ordinary man. But considering how you're a lich with years of exp, you should be fine if given rest.

You jump in head first, with the cool water rushing against you. This dive would have been refreshing if it wasn't for the fact that you're trying to keep people alive. One swing was need to slice up all but a few of these snakes.

Some managed to swim away, while a few were unlucky enough to be reintroduced to your blade. With nothing more to do, the swim back was a breeze. The sailor was relieved and the little boy was impressed.

Actually, what was their names. You let a young hitchhiker along in your journey and had taken the services of a youthful sailor by force without even asking their names. What to do, what to do...

>Ask their names, its the little respect I can give to them on my mission
>It's just another random detail that should go unnoticed for now
>>
>>1578804
>Ask their names, its the little respect I can give to them on my mission
>>
>>1578894
As you near the ports, you decide now would be a good time to ask for their names.

"Aye, the names Johnny. But don't go suggesting me to your friends, Kay?" The sailor responds.

"I don't have a name..." the kid responds. You don't know why, but you feel odd about this. You don't know how to describe this feeling.

As the ship is being tied to the dock, Johnny runs off to see if he can get a better sailing vessel. This port town is livelier than the last. Weirdly enough, creatures you have never seen before are roaming around town amongst humans. It's almost as if their another race just like elves and dwarves. Something tells you you will have a better time getting along with people here...

There seems to be a few stalls set up nearby, and rumors of rare items being sold in the alleyways, so you take a stroll with the boy along the stalls and see a few useful items. Some time later, the boy stumbles upon the location of the merchant with some rare offers.

You have some time until Johnny wants the two of you to head back to the boat. What do you do? (You can only pick two, and I'm being vague this time for good reason)

>The stalls for normal goods
>See what rare offer awaits you in the alleys
>Rest (lose the penalty of 10)
>>
File: IMG_0796.jpg (202KB, 1501x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0796.jpg
202KB, 1501x531px
>>1579085
How'd I forget to post the pic?
>>
>>1579085
>The stalls for normal goods
>See what rare offer awaits you in the alleys
no rest for the weary, even if that is always a terrible idea in group based games
>>
You dead man?
>>
>>1586636
Sorry, got busy.
>>
>>1579128
The poison is still in your system but although you walk a sligh bit like a man in a drunken stupor, you decided to see what's in store. Combining the merchants and alleyway offers, you can purchase:

Bait - Used to avoid Sea Snakes of any kind - 5
Black Pearl Necklace - Self explanatory - 10
"Boomdust" and Sharpened Shards - Merchants describe this as "Ammo" for the "Shard Cannon" - 10
"Shard Cannon" - A handheld portable cannon that launches shards. You have no experience with a such a device. Judging from the demonstration, it shouldn't be too hard to operate. - 10
And the "Dragon's Maw" - The Alleyway Man tells you it's an improved version of the Shard Cannon. It makes aiming easier regardless of experience, but it was smuggled here recently so you have to by it now or never. - 15 Emeralds

What do you wanna buy?
>>
>>1586749
Forgot to say you only have 30 emeralds, and that they don't seem to accept any other forms of currency...
>>
>>1586749
Dragon`s Maw - 15
"Boomdust" and Sharpened Shards - 10

PS how many shots does a single purchase give you?
>>
>>1587040
this
>>
>>1587040
You're absolutely right. Forgive me.

A purchase of Boomdust and some sharpened shards should be worth 20 shots
>>
>>1587040
>>1587178
Oh, silly me. You guys are waiting for the purchase to be complete. Are you sure you don't need any bait? You still have enough for it...
>>
>>1591468
meh, might as well, so sure we'll take the bait
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.