[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lich Quest, REVITALIZED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

You are Daelag Breedlove III, and you grandfather was one of the greatest necromancer who ever lived. His only aspiration in life was to become a Lich, but sadly, he failed in this task. When the time came, the opportunity presented itself, he chose not to ascend to Lichdom. He had built himself a dynasty with his wife, Charlotte, and his Mistress, Madeleine, and couldn't bring himself to leave it so soon.

Your father, Daelag Breedlove II, was the oldest of seven children, and inherited your grandfather's title as lord of the mountain range. He took a ten-cent whore as his wife, tarnishing your family's reputation, and had only one child, you, before mysterious circumstances took his wife's life. He had three children with his second wife, Martha, before far less mysterious circumstances led him to suicide.
Now, your dynasty is crumbling. Martha is a back-stabbing harlot.
Your siblings are not fit to rule, despite having only the best intentions. If your step-mother has her way, one of them will replace you, soon.
Your have decided to assert your dominance over the entire continent by ascending to Lichdom, and bringing glory back to your family name.
Your quest begins on a great golden throne, with several of your advisors kneeling before you. You feel your step-mother's presence, behind you and to your left.

After several moments of silence, you tighten your grip on the wooden armrests of the throne, leaving slight imprints in the wood.
"Well? What do you require of me? I don't appreciate having my time wasted."
The advisors glance at each other, before Martin, the oldest and most trustworthy of your advisors stands up, keeping his head bowed.
"Ah, sire... There have been reports of a revolt, in the Northern Mountains... They complaim that their taxes are too high, and that we don't offer enough protection to make up for it."
You scoff, the solution immediatly obvious to you.

>"Offer more protection."
>"Lower the taxes."
>"Round up a few of the perpetrators and execute them, to send a message."
>>
>>1548052
>Institute a rape based tax policy. That aught to teach them a lesson
>>
>>1548081
Supporting, but wouldn't we first have to establish a rape based coinage? Figure out exactly how much one rape can be converted to in local currency? Also, since rape is technically unwanted sexual advances, and usually taken by force, how do we punish our citizens if they decide to mint extra currency? Are we going to establish a centralized bank, and maybe a stock market where we can speculate on rape futures?
>>
>>1548143
Rape, thank goodness, can be used to our benefit in this case of its own nature. The fact that it can be artificially produced isnt necessarily a minting, or a devaluation of the medium, being of course that rape is transient. If anything its a benefit that rape is transient because that means that it cannot be hoarded or stolen, simply taken in one off exchanges. First and foremost, our tax collectors need to either be undead, or fellows absolutely no one would wish to shag, so that we can be certain any and all tithes they collect will be genuine. The rape tax should of its nature be something that we are trading in, we don't need to make a speculative market over such a thing, as its not possible to use rape as liquidity in anything short of an immediate sense. In that way, rape has a limited scope of investment, which means no one will really want to interfere with out tax scheme, which to them would probably be worthless. If we wanted to be sly with things, maybe meddle with some dark powers, it might be possible to actually turn a profit on rape tax by turning and bouncing it to orgone energy reserves and trading through that, but I don't think our character knows any of that variety of profane arts.

As a side note we should delineate what kind of rape tax we are setting up, wether its a household, property, or township tax because that will answer alot of the small hiccups we might have later. The tax wont be suitably horrible or unpleasant for instance if at a household level, the head of the manor presents third sons or unwanted daughters for the tax, or worse yet near valueless cattle, which they had already set to slaughter. The same way across a small community they might try to consolidate rape tax with dedicated rape accountants from the local brothels. That also wont do as it again defeats the purpose of the rape tax if the suffering isn't felt directly and physically by the upstarts themselves as the currency is decidedly instated for their punishment.

Perhaps in addition to rape Collectors we might need rape inspectors and a proper rape tax code to make sure that we are getting proper payments from the proper households. For instance, the home of a local businessman who supports this annoying revolt with cash and material should be rape taxed harder and more thoroughly than a baker who is press-ganged for his product, who should be rape taxed more for the value of his product to the revolt than his intentional involvement. Honesly Im starting to reconsider this whole thing. We would be bogged down in the chamber commerce for weeks writing out the whole new code.
>>
>>1548081
>>1548143
>>1548244
"I want you to threaten them with a rape-based tax policy, Martin. If they think you're not serious, have some of the bigger men in the garrison collect from a few of them, and then institute it in truth."
"Ah, right, sire, but, are you sure you want to do that? Not speaking ill of your judgement, but, er... The northern mountains are one of our biggest providers, and-"
"You know what? You're right, Martin. Don't threaten them with it. Just institute it, and then we'll wait for them to try and renegotiate their terms. Collect one rape per household, from whichever resident is least willing. But, make sure they don't fuck any children, alright? We're not animals."
Martin swallows nervously, but nods again.
"As you wish, sire. It will be done."
You lean back in your throne, crossing your legs and smiling contentedly, as the advisors slowly file out of the room.
After the advisors are gone, you turn around, and see that your step-mother is gone.
You sit alone for a few minutes, silently thinking, before you stand up, the old throne creaking as you do.

>Visit the local cemetary. You don't want to miss your date with the undertaker.
>Visit the local garrison. Keeping troops' morale high is important.
>Visit the local homeless shelter. Seeing people worse off than you always makes you happy.
>Visit one of the nearby restaurants. You're starting to get hungry.
>>
>>1548299
Well then, we have I suppose in a fashion solved their security problems. Inside of 15 years the population up in those hills will be growing again and they can afford their own militias.

That handled lets go and
>Visit the local homeless shelter. Seeing people worse off than you always makes you happy.
>>
>>1548321
You set off towards the front of your castle, clicking you tongue at retainers in your way, and push at any who don't move.
You get your coat off of the rack beside the front door, and pull it tight around yourself, before stepping outside, and setting off towards the homeless shelter.

Stepping inside, several of the homeless glance up at you, then return to their food. Some pull their bowls a little closer, and you smile slightly.

>Talk to some of the employees working behind the counter.
>Harass some of the homeless.
>>
>>1548326
>>Talk to some of the employees working behind the counter.
>>
>>1548342
You circle around the counter, and lean back against the wall, watching the people work for a few moments, before speaking up. "So, girls? Any gossip lately?"
Two of them make eye contact, before one of them clears her throat, and turns around. "There've been some, ah, deaths lately, sire... Unnatural deaths. People are getting scared."

>"Okay, and?"
>"Do you have any idea who's responsible?"
>>
>>1548357
>>
>"do you have any idea whos responsible?"

[also are you the original story teller? or are you just revamping the quest idea?]
>>
>>1548357
Well this is simply undue. We have a reputation to upkeep. Bad enough we have bums, cant have spree killers too! Better not be that fucking apothecary again.
>>
>>1548365
AGAIN? what ever do you mean?"

[we could use someone like this]
>>
>>1548359
>>1548361
i'm the original nigglester, yes))

"Any idea who's doing it?"
The employee shakes her head, and bows slightly, before turning around and getting back to work. You frown slightly, and slowly stroke your chin, thinking on it for a moment.
"Hmm... Interesting. Alright. Thanks, ladies."
You head back around the counter, and scan your eyes across the grungy homeless people gathered. Your nose wrinkles a little when you realize that you know some of them by name, and you shake your head, huffing.
The familiar faces include Tyler, an old man with dark skin, Squall, a man not much older than yourself, and Samuel, a boy maybe half your age. Squall would be the most likely to know something, but he can be a bit temperamental. Tyler might have heard something, and he's a friendly old man, but he's prone to nodding off in the middle of conversations. Samuel probably wouldn't have heard anything, but he would be the easiest to talk to.

>Talk to Tyler.
>Talk to Squall.
>Talk to Samuel.
>Go ask around the neighborhood.
>>
>>1548376
[shame it died out, was some good fun]

talk to squall, we have force if persuasion don't work. there's always force
>>
>>1548379
You head over, and clear out a space beside Squall, then sit beside him.
"Hey, Squall-y boy. How's it going?"
Squall sniffs slightly, glancing at you out of the corner of his eye.
"Hi, Lord Daelag."
Noticing that he seems a little downtrodden, you nudge him with your elbow.
"Hey, what's wrong? Something got your goat?"
Squall sniffs again.
"Dad got killed."

>"Eh, we all die eventually."
>"That's a shame."
>>
"that's a shame, he will be missed"

-go full phyco path-
>>
>>1548391
>"That's a shame."
What'd he die of son?
>>
>>1548391
"D-did you do it?"
>>
>>1548485
This
>>
>>1548392
>>1548420
"That's a shame. What'd he die of, son?"
Squall shrugs again.
"Stabbed, or somethin'. I didn't look."
"Why not?"
Squall sets his spoon down, and rests his trembling hand on the table.
"I guess I just didn't want to see my dad dead."

>"Well, why not?"
>"I understand."
>>
>>1548813

>"Well, why not?"
The dead tell many a story about what happened and who did it
>>
>>1548859
support and ad on the this "so you could have your revenge" or something like this
>>
>>1548859
"Because I didn't want to see what some fucking lunatic had done to my father, you shaft." Squall balls his hand into a fist, his knuckles whitening.

>Pat his shoulder and tell him to calm down.
>Apologize and go talk to someone else.
>Slap him for insulting you.
>>
>>1548901
Drag him along with us to talk to others. I want to make him to be one of our champions, before some ne'er do well church turns him into a paladin or some shit
>>
>>1548890
>Slap him for insulting you.

Got some fight in you?
>>
>>1548901
>>Pat his shoulder and tell him to calm down.
>>
>>1548901
Call him a pussy who doesnt want to avenge his father
>>
>>1559627
and do this
>>1549430
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.