[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From Dirt, Continued

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

Brief recap:

Your shmup creator, Tobias, made you to win a competition that tested magic practicioners' abikity to create and utilize a familiar. You got registered, then made friends with the secretary, Sam. You made friends with one of the other participants, Mary and her wereman husband, Adam. You had a short talk with one of the creepier contestants, Daniel. You almost got into a fight with another one of the entrants, a man named Peter, and his suit of armor. Afterwards, you helped chase off a vampire with another one of the contestants, a necromancer whose name you don't know yet. Afterwards, you won your first match against a man and his haunted axe, and then set up a date with Mary.
After heading back up to Tobias' house, he showed you his brother's corpse, and offered to let you take it for a spin. Then an old man knocked on the door, asking for help moving his cart, and bamboozled both of you, revealing himself to be a vampire-esque creature that isn't affected by the sun, and destroyed your dirt body in the process. You reawaken in Tobias' brother's body, and shortly afterwards, Mary and Adam arrive. Adam takes care of the creature, but while he's distracted, you and Mary sneak off.
After you and Mary have your little date, you head back up the hill, and find Tobias sleeping in the doorway. You tuck him into bed, and stand watch over him while he sleeps.

>Wake him up. He needs to get to work on a body more fit for participating in the competition.
>Let him sleep. You've got some time before your next match.

((Hope you guys like the little revision I made to the title.)
>>
>>1546697
Wake him up
He always seems to be asleep
>>
>>1547005
You reached over, and gently slap Tobias several times. He wakes up grumbling and swatting at your hands, then slowly sits up.
"What, what? What is it, Thomas?"
Your eyebrows furrow.

>"I'm Terran, Tobias. Not Thomas."
>"You need to get to work on my new body."
>>
>>1547040
>"It's terran. You need to get to work on my body."
We don't really need a new body, right? We just need repairs to the old one.
>>
>>1547066
the old one is gone, brother, unless you want to put hundreds of little dry dirt splinters back together))
Tobias continues to grumble, and wipes his eyes, huffing.
"Eugh... I was thinkin' on that, yesterday, Terran. I don't really think you need a new body. Thomas was a night, you know, and a good one, too. Shouldn't all that knight training be muscle memory, or, something? It's still got his brain in there, so try poking around in his memories. And while you're doing that, let me sleep."
Your creator rolls over, pulling the blankets back up.

>Try what he suggested.
>Pull him off of the bed.
>>
>>1547111
>Try what he suggested
good night its 3:37 for me so i am going to bed
>>
>>1547111
I mean, I kind of liked being a dirt man
We were more unkillable than a human body, so it would help against things like, say, Adam
>pull him off the bed and tell him this
Also remember personal demons dude? If we take an entire person's life into our mind, it could wind up bad
>>
>>1547144
flipped a coin, picked this one))

You put a hand on Tobias' leg, and then jerk him towards you, sliding him off of the bed and onto the floor.
"You expect me to fight someone like Adam with a knight's training? I want my dirt body back."
Tobias huffs again, sitting up, and furrowing his eyebrows.
"My brother was the greatest knight who ever lived, Terran. He could handle the rest of the tournament like it was nothing. If he's not good enough for you, then you need to lower your standards."

>"Couldn't we get disqualified if I tried to compete like this?"
>"My competition is on a whole nother level, Tobias. No regular human could stand up to them."
>>
>>1547190
>"Just how good was Thomas?"
Also
>"Couldn't we get disqualified if I tried to compete like this?"
>>
>>1547219
"Just how good was Thomas?"
"Insanely good. Better than you can imagine. He was a hero, Terran."
"Well... Couldn't we get disqualified, if I tried to compete like this?"
Tobias frowns, stroking his chin for a moment.
"Hmm... Ooh! What if, you learned his skills, and then got your dirt body back? You'd be unstoppable then, Terran!"

>"That kinda seem like cheating."
>"That sounds like a great idea."
>>
>>1547255
That is a good idea. It's not cheating, your ability is to take advantage of whatever your body's made from.
>>
>>1547255
>"That sounds like a great idea."
>>
>>1547255
It is a great idea
>>
>>1547266
>>1547271
>>1547289
"That idea doesn't sound bad at all," you murmur, and Tobias nods excitedly, standing up.
"Right? Alright, here; I'll go, and start gathering the right soil, while you stay here and try to relearn everything Thomas knew, alright?"

>"Sure, sounds good."
>"I'd rather you not go by yourself."
>>
>>1547314
Sounds good
The "vampire" IS dead, right?
>>
>>1547314
>>"Sure, sounds good."
>>
>>1547329
>>1547330
"Sure, sounds good."
Tobias nods slightly, and hurries out, just as excited as before.
After he's gone, you sit on Tobias' bed, and set your hands on your knees, huffing.
You close your eyes, and attempt to recall any of Thomas' memories, focusing intently.
After several minutes of intense concentration, you hear a voice say, 'I can see the smoke from here. Give yourself a break.'
Opening your eyes and looking around, you see that you're still completely alone.
'Come on, kid, you know what's going on. Introduce yourself, or I'll bust out of here and make you introduce yourself.'

>"My name is Terran."
>"Are you Thomas?"
>>
>>1547379
>>"Are you Thomas?"
And hello.
>>
>>1547394
AND
>>"my name is Terran."
>>
>>1547379
>>"My name is Terran."
>>"Are you Thomas?"
>>
>>1547394
>>1547404
>>1547418
"My name is Terran. Are you Thomas?"
The voice sighs.
'Yes, you dolt. This is my body, isn't it'
"Right, sorry."
'Eh. No harm done. I was just hoping to have someone a little smarter to talk to, what with this being my first time back in awhile.'
You nod in understanding, then clear your throat.
"So, uhh...."

>"You don't mind me using your body, do you?"
>"Could you help me with something, Thomas?"
>>
>>1547422
>>"You don't mind me using your body, do you?"
>>"Could you help me with something, Thomas?"
Why not both?
>>
>>1547422
>>1547422
>>"Could you help me with something, Thomas?"
Tell him what's happening and how long we've actually been conscious of our existance
>>
>>1547442
>existance
I hate myself for this
*existence
>>
>>1547433
Yeah, why not both?
>>
>>1547433
>>1547442
"Could you help me with something, Thomas?"
'Depends. What is it?'
You give Thomas a brief rundown of everything that's happened in your memory so far, and he lets out a 'Huh.'
After a moment of silent contemplation, Thomas speaks again.
'Sure. I'll help you. But only because my little brother deserves that prize.'
You nod.
"That's fine. I appreciate it, regardless."
'Sure, whatever, kid. Just remember whose body you're in.'
"Right, er, yes... sir?"
'No, nah. No sir. Don't do that.'
"Right, I understand."
You nod, and swallow nervously. Before you can say anything, you hear the front door swing open, and Tobias calls, "Hey, Terran! I got the dirt!" A few moments later, he enters the room, and rests one hand on the door frame. His arms from the elbow down are covered in dirt.
"What's up? Did you learn anything from Thomas' brain?"
'Tell him I say hello.'

>Tell him that Thomas says hello.
>Shake your head.
>>
>>1547508
>Tell him that Thomas says hello.
>>
>>1547523
seconding
>>
>>1547523
>>1547529
"Thomas says hello."
Tobias raises his eyebrows.
"You learned what you needed to, then?"
"No, but Thomas says hello."
"Wait, what do you mean? He's not... in there with you, is he?"

>"No, I was only kidding."
>"Yeah."
>>
>>1547542
>>"Yeah."
Yes.
>>
>>1547551
"Yes."
"Really? Can I, can I talk to him? Please?"
You start to open your mouth, when Thomas cuts you off. 'Tell him no.'

>"Why not?"
>Tell him no.
>>
>>1547560
>>Tell him no.
>>
>>1547566
"No. It's, er..."
'It's just between me and you. Tell him that.'
"It's just between me and him, sorry."
"Well, why can't you just tell me what he's saying?" Tobias takes on a slightly sad look.
'Uh...'

>"He doesn't want to talk to you."
>"He said talking for too long tires him out. He's got to rest now."
>>
>>1547578
>>"He said talking for too long tires him out. He's got to rest now."
His connection is strenuous.
>>
>>1547578
>Shrug. "He hasn't told me why, but he doesn't want to talk to you. At least not right now."
>>
>>1547593
"He said that talking too long tires him out. His connection is strenuous."
"Ah... I see. Alright, well, when he talks to you again, could you tell him I said hi?"
"Ah, sure I could."
Tobias' expression lightens.
"Good. I'm glad to hear that. Er... Well, did you ask about him teaching you the stuff he knows?"
"He said he'd help out."
"Ah, good, good... Well, er, like I said, I got the dirt. I need to do some preparations, first. You ought to go, I dunno... Make yourself scarce. I prefer working by myself."

>Go look for Sam.
>Go look for Mary.
>Go down to the stables.
>>
>>1547624
>Go down to the stables.
>>
>>1547624
>>Go down to the stables.
>>
>>1547631
"Alright. I'll be back later, Tobias." Tobias nods, and exits the room. After he's gone, you stand up, and slowly make your way down into town, heading towards the tent attached to the stables. Stepping inside, you see that Sam's desk is gone, and that the posters have been removed. You frown slightly, and enter the stables, looking around.

>Check out Mary and Adam's stall.
>Check out the skeletons' stall.
>>
>>1547642
>Check out the skeletons' stall
>>
>>1547648
Realizing that you don't hear the clattering of bones against bones, you peek into the skeleton's stall, and find that it's empty. You frown a little.

>Go to the ring.
>Go look for Sam.
>Go look for Mary.
>>
>>1547673
Can we go to our stall and get training from Thomas?
>>
>>1547689
Seconding
>>
>>1547689
You stroke your chin for a moment, thinking.
"Hey, Thomas?"
'What?'
"Would you mind if we did a little training?"
'Huh? No, that's not how this is gonna work. I'm just gonna tell you what to do when it's time to do it."

>"I'd rather you train me."
>"Ah, okay."
>>
>>1547726
>>"I'd rather you train me."
>>
>>1547735
"I'd rather you train me, Thomas."
'I didn't ask what you wanted.'
"Ah. I see."

>Drop it, go to the ring.
>Press him.
>>
>>1547743
>>Drop it, go to the ring.
>>
>>1547743
>>Drop it, go to the ring.
>>
>>1547750
Yes
>>
>>1547750
You huff, and nod again, before exiting the stables, and the tent. You start to head towards the ring, and hear quite a commotion before you get too close. Rounding a corner, you see the ring, surrounded by people. On the ring are Mary, Adam, and Peter, who is whooping and cheering on his armor, as it clashes with Adam. You let your eyes wander across the croud, and eventually spot Sam, standing a little ways away from the rest of the crowd, and nervously shuffling.

>Watch the fight from where you are.
>Circle around, and stand with Sam.
>>
>>1547803
>>Circle around, and stand with Sam.
>>
>>1547809
Seconding.
>>
>>1547809
>>1547812
You circle around the crowd, and make your way over to Sam. You side up to her, and she casts a sideways glance at you, before taking a step away.
Wondering what might be wrong, you remember that she hasn't seen you in this body yet.

>Lean down and explain it to her.
>Wait until the match is over.
>>
>>1547817
>explain it to her
>>
>>1547817
>>Wait until the match is over.
Night yall.
>>
>>1547823
hey, ahhh, i'm feeling a little more tired than usual, so i'm gonna have to call it a night here, my guy. i'm probably gonna be busy for the next few days, too, so just, don't hold your breath, alright? sorry, senpai))
>>
>>1547872
It's cool dude
>>
>>1547823
supporting
>>
>>1547872
no problem you health life and happines is more important then this
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.