[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endless Horizon Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Start Log...
User: (QM)Horizon
Initializing Pre Info...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HorizonQM

(Welcome to Endless Horizon. Skill checks are 1d100, best of 3. Quest uses a fate point system. Fate points are earned on triple success rolls [All three rolls were successful]. There is no penalty for triple failures.)

Quest Start://initializing....

It's been a long time since you've been up to Kennedy Station. The last time, you were somewhere near the back end of ten, taking every chance you could to stare out the view ports, trying your hardest to catch a glimpse of any sort of space ship. ISDF Cruisers, Research Ships, Luxury Yachts, anything and everything about the void-faring vessels fascinated you. You always envisioned that one day you would captain a ship of your own, make a sleek pirate-hunting corvette.

Of course, twelve years of aging has taken its toll on your wonderlust. You've worked on surface level drydocks for the last four years, welding and tinkering and bolting everything in to place, trying your damndest to scrape by and provide for yourself. Maybe that feeling of existential deadlock is what inspired you to save up for a trip to the station in search of more lucrative work. You browse through some job postings as you sit in the transit car that rides the cables up to the station, occasionally looking through the windows to the rapidly shrinking cityscape below you. What kind of jobs were you even interested in?

>Shuttle Work. You'll be given a small shuttle craft for transporting clients throughout the Sol system, mostly workers heading to and from Mars and the Jovian stations.

>Hauling. You could sign on with the Titan Corporation as a crew member in a cargo vessel, or even petition to be given a ship of your own. It's lucrative work, if a bit monotonous. Be warned that all sorts of people might be interested in your cargo.

>Maintainence. A research ship heading out to the Frontier systems to study Orrian society needs someone to run maintainence. Your background in construction makes you a vaguely viable candidate.

>Military. You've always wanted to try your hand at joining the ISDF, but their application process is kind of long and arduous. Maybe you could look for a PMC outfit to work with instead?
>>
>>1541082
>>Military. You've always wanted to try your hand at joining the ISDF, but their application process is kind of long and arduous. Maybe you could look for a PMC outfit to work with instead?
>>
>Hauling. You could sign on with the Titan Corporation as a crew member in a cargo vessel, or even petition to be given a ship of your own. It's lucrative work, if a bit monotonous. Be warned that all sorts of people might be interested in your cargo.
>>
>>1541082
Should we vote on this single characters actions?
>>
>>1541102
[This vote will determine, among other things, what kind of work you will start out doing and what kinds of people you end up meeting. Vote for whatever you feel would be the most interesting option.]
>>
[Five minutes and I'm rolling for a tie-breaker.]
>>
>>1541082
>>
>>1541082
>>1541119
>>Hauling. You could sign on with the Titan Corporation as a crew member in a cargo vessel, or even petition to be given a ship of your own. It's lucrative work, if a bit monotonous. Be warned that all sorts of people might be interested in your cargo.
>>
File: 64972b1d4f89c6c6c2aee869286bf44a.jpg (480KB, 1319x1000px) Image search: [Google]
64972b1d4f89c6c6c2aee869286bf44a.jpg
480KB, 1319x1000px
You decide to look for employment with the Titan Corporation. They're one of the largest trading companies in UNI space, so surely they'll have some work for you to do. Maybe you could even ask them for your own little cargo hauler? You quickly fill out an application on your holopad and attach your resume, and are more than surprised when you receive an almost immediate response. They must automate their hiring process to an absurd degree.

As the transit car slides through the loading doors and into the structure proper, you can't help but notice how glum the place seems compared to when you were a child. You guess that it makes all the difference when you're looking at the inside of the station as opposed to the glamour of the ships docked outside. You exit the car and, following the directions on your holopad, make your way towards the Kennedy offices of TC. You dodge around seedy vendors and hungry looking whores, making your way towards the office section of the station.

Walking in to the Titan offices was like jumping between two worlds. Where as the rest of Kennedy Station was generally all metal panels and neon lights, the decor of the Titan Corporation was more rustic, with wood flooring and a brick overlay on their walls. You see a small, mousy looking girl sitting up at the front desk, and proceed to make your way over.

"Hey," you start, "I just applied and got a notification about coming in for an interview?"

"Have a seat and wait for your name to be called." Her voice is kind of sharp and dismissive. She must deal with new hires a lot.

"Thanks. Is the response time normally that quick or am I just lucky?"

The woman simply stares at you. You turn around to go take a seat when an automated voice calls your name out from a door to the side of the room.

"The Interviewer will see you now Mr.."
>Liam King. Hidden bonus to social rolls and bluffs

>Alec Mason. Hidden bonus to engineering rolls

>Ben Taylor. Hidden bonus to combat rolls

>Conrad Montgomery. Hidden bonus to piloting rolls
>>
Liam King. Hidden bonus to social rolls and bluffs
>>
>>1541236
>>Liam King. Hidden bonus to social rolls and bluffs
>>
>>1541236
>>Liam King. Hidden bonus to social rolls and bluffs
>>
"The Interviewer will see you now Mr. King."

Well shit, that was fast.

Walking through the side door leads you to a long hallway with plenty of other doors off the side. A door further down than the rest and on the left has a bright green light over the frame. You assume that means it's for you.

You make your way down the hall and enter the dim green lit room to see a massive wooden desk, and a rather small man with grey hair standing behind it facing the wall.

"Have a seat, please." He doesn't turn away from the wall.

You sit down in the cheap looking chair on your side of the desk. The man just continues to stare at the wall as you shift a little uncomfortably.

"Mr. King, I'm glad you came in today."

The man turns full around to face you.

"My name is Mark Cooper. I'm the regional manager of Titan Corp on Earth and Mars. I oversee the distribution of merchandise all throughout the inner Solar system." His little expository speech has you both interested and confused. What would the regional manager of Titan Corporation be doing interviewing a 22 year old dock worker?

"You put down on your application that you've had criminal charges brought against you before. Can you tell me a little bit about that?"

Oh, that's what this was. Probably just some sort of pre-hiring shakedown. It isn't like you even served jail time or anything! You were what, fifteen at the time? I wasn't that big of a deal!

"I was caught with drugs." Your answer is as dry and clean cut as you can manage.

"I see. Who were they for, Mr. King?"

"My older brother sent me out to pick them up for him." It's not entirely the truth since your a single child, but you somehow feel better saying it was your morally dubious older brother instead of your morally absent father.

"And you just went along with that? Interesting. Mr. King, I have a proposition for you before I make you a formal job offer. Would you be willing to hear me out?"

Something about this is off. You can tell by the slight grin on his face, the gleam in his eye. You should tread carefully here.

>"Sure, I'll hear what you have to say."

>"I'm just here for the interview, sir."

>Other...? (Write in)
>>
>>1541082
Is this the same endless horizon OP that ran last month? With the prison escape and the pirates and whatnot
>>
>>1541339
>"And you just went along with that? Interesting. Mr. King, I have a proposition for you before I make you a formal job offer. Would you be willing to hear me out?"
>Something about this is off. You can tell by the slight grin on his face, the gleam in his eye. You should tread carefully here.
Get into smuggling, or not. Hm, tough choice. I'll wait to see the other anons input on this.
>>
>>1541339
>>"Sure, I'll hear what you have to say."
>>1542242
Eh. Maybe it'll not be awful.
>>
>"Sure, I'll hear what you have to say."
But not anything sexual.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.