[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From Ashes to Gold #3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: Forgotten.jpg (410KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Forgotten.jpg
410KB, 1440x900px
You are Xavier Lewis, a doctor turned soldier that had escaped the undead city of Chicago with his lifelong friend Peyton, and his new Biker friend Andrew. Together, they had looted some stores, "found a gas tanker" and arrived at their new sanctuary, which was a small town by the name of Stronghurst, Illinois. It was ruled by a religious fanatic named Abraham, that had you go into the destroyed town of Burlington to get some books, and blow up a horde in front of a Highschool where you found medicine, a new doctor, and a beautiful helicopter.

That night, you had poisoned the old leader, Abraham, as you had thought his religious ideas were dangerous, and installed General Tristus, a brilliant man with big ideas for this brave new world. Now, you are the General's right hand man, and there is much to do.

Thread 1 http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1500742/

Thread 2 http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1521124/

Twitter https://twitter.com/FATGQM
>>
File: General.jpg (65KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
65KB, 640x433px
>>1540557
That night, you slept like a baby, even though you had just killed a man and successfully completed a coup. To be honest though, you were pretty tired, in between that hospital incident and loading all the medicine, you weren’t feeling like a spring chicken. It was probably for the best that you were dead tired, because you didn’t remember any of your dreams, and Andrew said you didn’t stir once during the night. As you wake up, you notice two things, one, is that everything feels that same, as if a new government didn’t take over the night before, and two, there was a distinct lack of gunfire or fighting coming outside, so you figure that the General has hopefully gotten a hold of the situation.

You put on your boots, your coat, grab your P90, and head out the door, and hope you’re not walking into a clusterfuck. You take a look around and see people leaving their houses and walking to the General’s new home. A man sees your confusion and jogs over to you.

“Hey Doc, apparently the General has a big announcement about Abraham or something. He has called everyone so he can explain.” The man explains, before heading over to the growing crowd.

Andrew must a;ready be up there, as you didn’t see him in the house, or he’s been kidnapped and buried in a shallow grave. As you get to the outskirts of the very large crowd, as there are 400 people in it, the general comes out of the house, and onto it’s top step.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, last night a series of events took place, with the zenith being Abraham dying, and then promptly becoming undead, which my friend Andrew had to terminate.” The general calmly explains as Andrew walks out of the house and to the General’s side, “Abraham had contingencies in case something happened to him, and it was for me to take over after him and carry on the torch of humanity.” He said, as the crowd quietly started whispering to themselves. “That is not all however, as there was a confrontation that almost resulted in the deaths of good men, but our Doctor here diffused the situation, and made sure no one else died that night.” The general said, pointing at you.

After the general finished his statement, the entire town bursted out in applause and pushed you through the crowd to the front, right in front of the General.

“Now I want to assure you that everything will be just as it was yesterday, but I do plan on making big changes. So go and enjoy breakfast, and go to your assigned duties, and enjoy this beautiful day.” The general merrily said, before leaning over the railing. “Xavier, when you have time, come see me.” And with that, the crowd started dispersing, going about their daily routines.

>Go see the general, he probably has something for you to do
>Go check in the clinic and see how everyone is doing over there\
>Go read a book, it never hurts to learn something new
>Go get some bayonet training, you could be in a close situation soon
>Other
>>
>>1540557
FIRST
>>
>>1540559
Check the clinic, we have some newfound authority to swing
>>
>>1540593
But after that we should go get some bayonet training and THEN go talk to the General
>>
>>1540593
>>1540607
supporting this
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>1540559
Grab some food then
>Go check in the clinic and see how everyone is doing over there
And talk a bit with the rescued doctor
>>
File: Dr. Anishen1.jpg (53KB, 531x490px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Anishen1.jpg
53KB, 531x490px
As much as you want to talk to the man you’ve put into power, there still is a matter of eating, as your stomach is making a mighty rumble. You walk over to the ration line at the grocery store, and get your breakfast meal, cutting everyone in line as you do. Being the Doctor, the one who talked down the gunfight last night, and the General’s favorite, you get some special permissions.

You eat your toast and eggs on your way to the Clinic, which now looks a little more supplied, with a truck filled with military boxes out in the front lot. You walk through the front door and Peggy, former vet turned impromptu doctor, is sitting in her usual position behind the receptionist’s counter, reading a shitty magazine of some kind. She doesn’t even look up as you walk into the storage room.

After treating the General’s soldiers a few days ago, the supplies were pretty lacking, and over the next few days, they only dropped even lower. That, added with the fact that the previous owner was due for buying new supplies, made sure this town had nothing in the way of medical supplies. Along with the new medicine, there is something else there that you had gotten from the hospital, Dr. Anishen. She seems to be counting supplies and taking inventory for Peyton.

>Good morning Dana, you wouldn’t be trying to steal those supplies back, would you?

She yelps and turns around to face her, her cheeks red.

“Oh no, Doctor, I was just t-trying to do inventory for your friend, Mr. McDand, or Peyton, as you call him” She answers, still flustered and trying to calm her beating heart.

>Oh I was just fooling around with you, I know you were doing your job.

“Oh, OH! I see now, it was a joke! Yes, yes I like jokes, but you Americans are always joking around, no? Are you ever serious?” She asks innocently, her thick german accent making everything seem a little more foreign.

>That’s a loaded question, Ms. Anishen, I always figured Americans to be rough and tough, taking no shit from anyone else, but I guess Europeans see it differently. Anyway, where is Peyton?

“Mr. McDand had to go talk to whoever was in charge of general supplies, and he said that if you came here, to have you come back later in the day if you so wish.” She answers, before turning back towards her colossal job. Well that only took a good 20 minutes of your life, what’s next?

>Basic Bayonet training
>Read a book to get those academic gains
>Go see what the general wanted
>Other
>>
>>1540675
>Go see what the general wanted
>Read a book on the way there
>>
>>1540675
BAYONET TRAINING. STABBITY STABBITY STABSTABSTAB
>>
>>1540675
>go see what the general wanted
>>
File: 1425971075619.jpg (809KB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
1425971075619.jpg
809KB, 2000x1339px
>>1540675
>Basic Bayonet training
>Basic Bayonet training
>Basic Bayonet training
>>
>>1540694
>>1540689
>>1540685
>>1540681
We've got ourselves a good old fashioned tie. I have to go do a few things for a few hours, so I'll be back to update
>>
>>1540715
Let's stab some stuff
Bayonet training
>>
>>1540792
Alright we have our answer! Can I get some rolls to see how this goes?
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1541245
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>1541245
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>1541245
>1d100
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1541245
>>
File: Warroom.png (375KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Warroom.png
375KB, 630x420px
Well you’re sure the General will be okay with you taking a few hours to do something productive, especially since that productivity could save lives. You look around for one of the soldiers the General has, and find one you had taken out on that scouting mission, you think his name was Miller.

>Hey Miller, I was wondering if you had time to teach me some basic bayonet techniques. We wouldn’t want a repeat of Burlington, would we?

“Heh, I guess we wouldn’t doctor. It’s the least I can do for you after what you did for us last night, and I’m sure the general wouldn’t mind me taking a few hours anyway.” Miller replies, leading you to the bank which is now the armory.

After a few hours of training, while you do feel a little more comfortable with the blade, Miller advises another few sessions before running out into battle. You're sweaty and tired, but atleast you made some progress. (⅓ to bonus)

You wash yourself off from a handpump in the field you practiced on, and you make your way over to the General’s house/HQ, as he calls it. The two guards at the front are now replaced with the General’s own soldiers, which you kinda figured. They nod you in, and instead of walking up the stairs as you had last night, you are told to go into the basement. You are expecting some dank and dreary concrete piece of shit, but what you find is actually a nice place that the General has converted to his war room.

There is a long table in the middle of the basement, with the General, Andrew, and some townspeople looking over a map of the surrounding area. There are also what appears to be other filing cabinets and some boxes of papers, but right now, it’s a pretty bare basement.

“Ah Xavier, my friend, I was wondering when you were coming. I trust you enjoyed the Bayonet training? I really don’t mind, and in fact I am glad you were bettering yourself, because the plan I am cooking up requires action!” The general says triumphantly, as he smashes his large fist on the table. “Tell me, what do you know about Arsenal island?” He asks, as the rest of his entourage turns towards you.

>Well I went there when I was a child for a tour, but other than that, I know it’s a military location that produces some weapons and munitions.

“You’re almost on the dot there, Doctor. While they aren’t really known for their ammo, they are known for the weapons they make, specifically small arms and artillery. The artillery we are going to have to put on the backburner for now, but we are sorely in need of weapons and ammunition. Scrounging around police stations isn’t going to cut it, so we need to think big. We are raiding Arsenal Island, and you’re going to lead it!” The general proclaims, raising his tree trunk of an arm and pointing at you as the rest of his entourage looks at him like he’s insane.

That's it for today, but because it was so short, I will be running tomorrow at the same time as today. Have a good day
>>
>>1541337
See ya Op. Have a good night :)
>>
>>1541337
See ya then op, quest is fun
>>
My ass is puckered in excitement
>>
File: idealhouseboat.jpg (19KB, 400x219px) Image search: [Google]
idealhouseboat.jpg
19KB, 400x219px
“Now I know what everyone in this room is thinking, that I forgot the situation we are in, in terms of supplies, and how we’re completely surrounded on all sides by the undead, but I do have a plan and background knowledge. Now, an hour before I had left Chicago with my men, I had heard an order issued to Arsenal Order by the higher ups to blow the bridges connected to the island and bunker up. Food and other supplies had been flown to them for the last 4 hours before I had left, so we know that if they had blown the bridges, they should be relatively unaffected if they followed protocol, or it’s a separated island with the undead on it. Now before you ask the “What if the bridges weren’t blown” question, I have two answers for you. One, we’re going to send a small group to Davenport to see if the bridges are blown, and secondly, I know the base commander, and he was a cruel sonofabitch, and he would have no problem blowing the bridges, even if there were civilians right on the bridges.” The general answers your silently asked questions, before turning to grab a few papers.

He finds a small stack of papers and makes a grunt that reminds you of a nonverbal Eureka.

“Now, to go on to how we’re actually going to do this, we are going to be using boats to get up the river, to minimize the danger to everyone involved. These boats will travel upriver until you reach Arsenal Island, where you’ll have to find a good place to dock. From there, it get’s a little hairy, because I don’t know how many people were there when they sealed, if they’re still alive or not, where the weapons were stored, or anything of the likes. You will load up on as much as you can, before heading down river to Shokokon where I will have trucks waiting to offload the supplies. I know how important it is to get these weapons and ammo, or whatever else you can find, because I don’t have the supplies for live fire demonstrations, nor do I have the weapons to equip more than 35 people. If we run into problems, we’re fucked. I am open to criticism though, so if anyone has any objections or questions, speak now.” The General being finished, looks straight to you.

>Any questions/tweaks/Concerns?
>>
Rolled 17, 12, 75, 45, 32, 41, 80, 50, 39, 47 = 438 (10d100)

>>1544883
>Will they shoot at us at sight??
>>
>>1544883
what if there are survivors ? and would the island not also be a possile base location ?
>>
>>1544888
"I-I honestly don't know. I want to trust the Soldier's training about civilians, but them being so close to a large city, and the thing's they would have seen, it might have fucked them."

>>1544923
"If there are survivors, maybe mentioning my name would help. If you get to talk to the Base Commander, if he is still alive, say On a November night, we'll make it right, and if there are no living people, we can always see about making it a launching point into Davenport, but that's a long ways down the line.
>>
Alright, is there anything else?
>>
“Well if that’s all, I will be getting back to planning, if you have any other questions, come see me. Oh, I almost forgot, some guy down at Burgus Computers here in town had downloaded a bunch of shit onto computers and flash drives, I thought you might be interested in that. I am sending my scouts out to survey the area as well as look to see what boats are at Burlington. You have a few days to do as you wish. Dismissed.” And with that, the general turns back to his map.

>Volunteer for a scouting mission
>Go see that computer nerd
>Read a book
>Continue your bayonet training
>Go visit with someone
>Other
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>1545044
>>Volunteer for a scouting mission
>>
Alright I'm going for a few hours. I'll comeback and write the final update for today
>>
>>1545044
Volunteer for a scouting mission!

Woooo best quest is back
>>
>>1545195
:(
>>
>>1545206
Kek. Don't worry, I'll make it a good one just for you
>>
>>1545217
:D
>>
>Actually sir, I want to volunteer for one of the scouting missions. I guess it doesn’t matter which one, as long as I’m out in the field doing something productive.

The General stops talking to his entourage and slowly turns to you. He has this look on his face as if he was told a joke and was trying to figure out the punchline.

“Well son, I don’t know what exactly to make of this then. If you were back in the service, you’d be halfway to Captain by now. You don’t know how hard it is getting some of these locals to go out and try to get the supplies we need. Anyway, I have three different things I need done, and I’ll let you choose because you volunteered first. The first one is to scout Burlington to see what boats they have available, and if there are none suitable there, you are to go up and down the river until you find a few. The second is to drive all the way up to Davenport and see if the bridges are blown and if you can see anyone alive on that island, but to come to think of it, you can use whatever way to get to Davenport you want, just don’t take too long. The third one is to go take some farmers up to this tractor store to get the parts needed for some of these tractors, and then guard them while they farm, or whatever the fuck they do.” He finishes, as he pulls out a pencil.

>Let's go see what boats Burlington has
>I wanna see some blown bridges, we’re going to Davenport
>Food is pretty good, let's babysit some farmers
Alright, that's it for today, and tomorrow I won't be able to run. I hope to see you all Thursday though, for loads of fun.
>>
>>1545986
BLOWN BRIDGE CREW.
>>
So I'm a fucking liar and apparently can run today because my meeting got cancelled. I expect it to be slow today but join anyway because I hate myself
>>
>>1545986
>I wanna see some blown bridges, we’re going to Davenport
>>
>>1545986
>>I wanna see some blown bridges, we’re going to Davenport
>>
>I would like to go Davenport to see if the bridges are actually destroyed. I know that it’s a dangerous mission, but I feel as if I’m up to the task.

“Well, while I certainly don’t want to send out the leader of this very fucking important mission, you’re probably the only one that can do it effectively. You will take five other men with you that I choose, and not Andrew, hit up the Vehicle Depot for three light trucks, make sure they are topped off with fuel, and go to Requisition for anything else you might need, but it seems like when you came here, you had a lot of survival gear, so look through that first. Come see me tomorrow morning for final instructions. Dismissed, hopefully for the last time today.” General Tristus turns back to his work, and you get the idea that he wasn’t too happy with your scouting decision.

It’s still late in the morning, and people are going about their daily routine, whatever that may be. You have a full day before you’re set out to scout Davenport, which is a fairly long ways away, even before the apocalypse. You have to go to the Vehicle Depot to get the trucks, check out the weapons and ammo needed, and go to requisitions for anything you might not have at your house. Other than that though, you have the full day to do with as you wish.

>Go get business done and get ready for tomorrow.
>Let's go finish up Bayonet training
>It never hurts to sit down and read, you might even learn something
>You could go down to the Clinic and put in a few hours, to stay sharp on your doctoring
>Other

Pick one of these choices to do. It will take all day but you’ll get a skills increase.
>>
File: 1402045630035.jpg (88KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1402045630035.jpg
88KB, 800x600px
>>1548358
>>Let's go finish up Bayonet training
>>
>>1548360
supporting this
>>
Alright lets get some rolls to see how well we do. 1d5 please
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>1548435
>>
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>1548435
>>
File: Aesthetic.jpg (134KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Aesthetic.jpg
134KB, 600x400px
Well hell, you had already started your bayonet training, so you might as well finish it out and see if you can’t get the hang of stabbing things. You find Miller, your resident trainer, sitting on a crate, sharpening his knife. He hears you coming and looks up to you.

“Ah, Doctor, what a pleasure. Oh yeah, did you hear that I’m coming on the scouting mission tomorrow? I had a runner deliver the message to me earlier, anyway, what can i do for you?” Seargent Miller asks, putting down his sharpened knife.

The general already sent runners about the scouting missions? Fuck, he’s fast.

>Actually, I was hoping that we could finish the Bayonet drills from yesterday. It might come in handy if we run into problems on our way to Davenport.

“Fantastic idea Doctor, I guess that’s why he put you in charge of both the big one and this scouting mission. Come on over here and we’ll continue.” Miller says as he picks up his rifle.

By the end of the training, you are sweaty and sore, again, but you have a lot to show for it. You feel like you can competently handle a bayoneted rifle, and Miller has suggested reading up more about technique from some handbook. (+3 to blades)

After washing off with pump water, again, it’s time to get everything in order for tomorrow. You stop by the Vehicle Depot, and check out 3 light trucks, enough room for two people in the cab per truck, you make sure they are full of fuel, and give your thanks to one of the men you remember from the standoff, who seems to still be in charge of the automobiles.

Next, you go to the Armory and check out 5 guns for your team, as you already have your AR15/P90. You are also given 100 600 rounds of 5.56, 100 for each member. It should be enough for amy small problems, but in a sustained firefight, that count is going to drain. Unfortunately, when you go to Requisitions, you find the person out to dinner, and it seem’s like the place is closed. You’ll have to come real early in the morning to get what you need, or just take it from your personal stash.
>>
You go down to the parade field to eat with 100 or so people, and find Peyton, Dana, Andrew, and Peggy sitting at a picnic table eating soup. Well, if this is the last time you’ll get to talk to all of them, you might as well make it a good time. You try to steer away from topics such as the mission, and instead talk about before the fall. You learn that Peggy, aside from being a veterinarian, was a pilot for the air force back in the 1990’s. Dana Anishen worked for the CDC and was originally from Stuttgart, Germany. Andrew answers what you already knew, and Peyton, well if you didn’t know something about him then that would be a problem.

All in all, it was a nice and relaxing evening, and thankfully you weren’t out too late, because the General likes to start his missions early.

So I want you all to pick from the inventory on what you want. You can take as much as you want, or nothing. The next time I will run will be friday, 5 CT and we’ll probably run for the weekend, hopefully get done with the scouting mission, and maybe the raid. Thank you all for your enjoyment.

https://pastebin.com/ityEdeuP Inventory

https://twitter.com/FATGQM Twitter where I will announce
>>
>>1548616
Is thread kill?
>>
>>1555956
Absolutely not. In an hour I will run again for hopefully a long amount of time
>>
File: brekybreky.jpg (47KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
brekybreky.jpg
47KB, 550x412px
[1 week after the Final Day]

It’s a little funny, because you never imagined yourself as some kind of badass. You were a pretty good student, played on the Baseball team as a hitter, went to prom, but you were always just a little above average. Everytime you go outside and you look around, you see scared people, gently sobbing, some praying, others just completely strung out from a lack of sleep. You? Lately you’ve been sleeping better than you ever have. Now you wouldn’t call yourself a psychopath or anything of the sort, more of an opportunist. You are now the right hand to a man who may be leading Humanity’s last hope for civilization, and that’s not something you would have dreamed of a month ago working in that shitty clinic.

Once again, it’s another beautiful day, and you wake with the beautiful smell of cooking meat drifting through the open windows. You quickly wash yourself with cold water from a wash bin that Andrew brought in. The General is looking into getting heated communal showers, but for now, it’s the fucking 1600’s way. You strap on your slightly dirtied boots, put on your flannel shirt, and carry your tactical vest and ballistic vest out to where breakfast is being made for the people being sent on scouting missions today.

You walk over to the benches and plop your ass down on the dewed seats, and begin to dig into the meal that has been placed there for you. It’s two scrambled eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, a biscuit, and a nice and surprisingly cool glass of milk. All in all, if you were to die today, at least your last meal would be nice. You finish off your meal, and leave to join the gathering crowd of people forming around a certain tired looking General.

“I won’t tell you how dangerous this will be, as you probably know already, but you are integral to the survival of this town. I won’t bore you with some fucking speech before you risk your lives, so I gave you a fantastic breakfast, and I wish you all luck.” The General finishes his short speech, and patts the backs of a few of the more worried looking men. He sees you and gives you a slight smile, all the confirmation you need.

It takes a few minutes, but you gather up the men that are going to be with you for however long it takes. There is Blake, a young man from Davenport himself before he moved a few years ago, Miller, your trainer, there is Jacob, a middle aged farmer, John, a plumber from Stronghurst, and Harry, he came from britain and was some regional manager for a tractor supply store.

There can be two in each truck, so who is going to be your road buddy?

>Miller, he could share his war stories
>Blake, he could tell you about Davenport
>Jacob, he could probably tell you all there is about farming
>John, he could tell you all about the wonderful world of plumbing
>Harry, maybe he could teach you a thing or two about tractors
>>
>>1556440

here is the new thread because this one is dead. I guess you called, Curse.
>>
>>1556445
Page 5 amigo, I call my threads at 5 because new people wont see them
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.