[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Ab879um.jpg (7MB, 2880x8640px) Image search: [Google]
Ab879um.jpg
7MB, 2880x8640px
Let's go folks. Pick a race, pick a place, usual formula.
>>
File: dd9b219062630abf32cd058222865feb.jpg (278KB, 1500x665px) Image search: [Google]
dd9b219062630abf32cd058222865feb.jpg
278KB, 1500x665px
>>1535192
>vodyanoi at reef mixed with islands

Would actually want to try Locathah, but having an timer on the stay at the land is just too much hassle
>>
Forest Trolls!
>>
I certainly know more about Trolls than Vodyanoi, but I can work with either.
>>
>>1535192
Humans. Island.
>>
>>1535261
Sure. This. Maybe it won't get abandoned as soon if it's a bit more vanilla.
>>
So we're up to four votes total, two for Humans on an Island, a bit generic but I can make it interesting, one for Vodyanoi in reefs, more obscure than anything but I'll do my best, or the old favourite, Forest Trolls. Guarding bridges, stealing goats, good stuff.
>>
>>1535261
Changing my vote to this, then

Let's gooo
>>
>>1535316
Well the obscure things are interesting, but never last. Here's hoping generic will have a bit more longevity.
>>
Alright then. One question remains. Do we want to be Natives? Shipwrecked Colonials? Or Still Primitive New Arrivals?
>>
>>1535373
How about some primitive natives that gain a new, ambitious chief?
>>
>>1535373
primitive natives
>>
>>1535373
Natives
>>
>>1535373
primitive natives
>>
>>1535373
Natives
>>
File: 1470462757668.jpg (200KB, 857x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470462757668.jpg
200KB, 857x1000px
The people of Kau'La have long dwelled as they now do, in the phases of the great cycle. The islands rest at the very center of the world, surrounded on all sides by the body of the great Ocean. A great many chieftains claim dominance across all the islands, rising and falling in a thousand battles. Endless generations have lived in this way, farming and fishing, living from the fruits of the Earth, their chieftains quarreling, naming kings in times of strife, and moving in an endless rotation of power and destruction, mirroring the endless repetition of the tides. The islands shall always roar with endless battle, until the children of the gods come down to quiet the flames, to cast away the seas, and to make the world pure once more.

It has now been many years since the last truly dreadful time. The very oldest of the grandfathers, gnarled in the sun, scarcely remember the last king, Caulau the Boar, who fought off the burned men and the harpies. Children are now taken to the small pile of rubble that marked his palace, on the site where he himself once slew the daughter of the sky, the Harpy Ourano, before scattering away her flock. The Harpies brought great strife to the islands, but with their destruction, Caulau returned the stolen idols of the gods to their places, and set life back to the usual cycle, only to be murdered by his treacherous brother Kalai.

Kalai ruled as king for three days, after Caulau was lain low, before the Old Grandfather cast fire and ash over the island, burning the kingly home to dust and rubble for the treachery of Kalai. Since his death the island has fractured over and over, until now men rule naught more than what they can claim by force. The sanctuaries are toppled, and the wildmen have re-emerged from the caves. With their coming, it seems that Kau'La is soon to be plunged back to the darkness, and without the might of the old royal houses, the Island may not be able to save itself.

It is time for a tribe to rise, and for many more to fall. Which tribe shall it be that receives the blessings of the forsaken gods?

>The Kutai, Scions of the line of Grandfather-Kings, who scattered the great hordes of the Wave-Ogres in times long passed. The Kutai now dwell as remnants of former glories, their squabbling chieftains barely keeping to the ancient duties of guarding the tunnels and sacred caves of the Island?
>The Man'Aui, A new tribe, with no birthright. It is the tribe of exiles and vagabonds, a tribe of a great many canoes and of traders. The Man'Aui are weak, without much land, but they range the furthest beyond the Archipelago, and distant sails bring strange gifts...
>Some other tribe? (Any descendant of Caulau or Kalai, a tribe founded to fight Harpies or Ogres, A tribe of Traders, whatever you want to suggest. You could even be foreigners from one of the neighbouring Islands)
>>
>>1535506
>The Man'Aui
>>
>>1535506
>>The Man'Aui, A new tribe
>>
>>1535506
Man'Aui
>>
>>1535506
>Hold up. I got something
>>
>>1535506
>The Man'Aui
>>
>>1535506
>The Shutal. The shark hunters. The leviathan killers. The eaters of men. A flotilla of these vicious hunters has arrived to lay claim (and waste) to the great island before moving on to fresher waters
>>
>>1535590
Backing.
>>
>>1535506
Still here?
>>
The rise of the Man'Aui begins with the birth of a child, a boy named Launok, born to a priestess of Alaia, queen of the vast ocean shallows before the horizon. The boy's father was a fine warrior, a chieftain among the Man'Aui, and a skilled sailor, a claimant to the descent of the River Kings, ancient lords of the springs and rulers of the island by their hold on the drinking water. Launok would grow prodigiously throughout his childhood, developing into a dominant and massive figure, standing higher than all but the strangest of his peers, more than a match for the great wildmen of yore in physique. Besides his great size and strength, or perhaps because of it, the young man grew to be a commanding figure among the local Man'Aui tribe, standing out not just for his bodily size, but for the great mane of black hair and his great long beard giving him the look of a great beast while hunting, especially when combined with his tendency to mark himself with ochre and inks in the shapes of scars and of beast claws.

Taking to athleticism in his adolescence, he only grew further, and by the time of his father's death at the hands of a rival, Launok was more than ready to take command of a small fleet of War Canoes, and a segment of the Man'Aui clan. Roughly a hundred souls in all, aboard three great canoes, and a fleet of smaller ones. They could not be called wealthy, but with the powerful guiding hand of their chieftain Launok, they did not lack for courage. Surrounded on all sides by older, more experienced chieftains and richer tribes, Launok would, despite his gifts, have a great deal of work to do in order to rise to true prominence. His first task, though, would be to hunt down and slay the impudent rival who had slain his father, in single combat if possible.

>How does Launok corner the fleeing rival?
>A cunning trick to deceive the murderer into a trap?
>A direct attack to overpower the smaller fleet and to kill the failed usurper honourably?
>Attempt to lay some curse upon him, to rally the oceans to sink his ships or to poison his waters?
>Let him go, consolidate power at home?
>>
>>1535590
Dang, that's cool. We can still do that, but we'll need more votes for it to replace what I've written.
>>
>>1535652
Can we call our splinter fleet The Shutal? The Hunters and Raiders of the Man'Aui.
>>
>>1535651
>Direct attack

>FULL FORWARD INTO THE ABYSS
>>
Any other anons still here?
>>
>>1535691
I am.
>Direct attack
>>
>>1535651
>A direct attack to overpower the smaller fleet and to kill the failed usurper honourably
>>
>>1535651
>Direct Attack
>>
>>1535192
Can I get this list without some races being crossed out?
>>
>>1535651
Is OP Kill?
>>
>>1535823
He's probably writing the next paragraph.
>>
>>1535829
Got worried.
>>
OP is kill. I went on a bike ride and sprained my wrist kind of badly. That wouldn't stop me, but I also have a major exam tomorrow morning. Its a shame, I like the premise. If possible, I'll return and start a thread based on this. Sorry all.
>>
>>1535756
if I can get that list Ill try and start a thread today.
>>
File: 1495375358498.jpg (7MB, 2880x8640px) Image search: [Google]
1495375358498.jpg
7MB, 2880x8640px
>>1535916
>>
>>1535948
I love you, thanks Anon
>>
>>1535863
Islander Civ Thread with like some Maori warrior artwork as the image would be a good one to pic. Get well soon OP.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.