[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hollowed Adventurer Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 17

File: throne warrior.jpg (907KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
throne warrior.jpg
907KB, 1920x1200px
Your name used to be Jemm. Jemm the Swift you were called among the children of Fell Oak as you would play on the streets. You were good with knives from the start, fast and nimble, but you did not kill your first enemy since you were 20. You always liked adventurers. They were brash, bold and they had gold. They rode armored horses, they had gem-encrusted armors and once you even saw one ride a wyvern. Beast was talk of the town.

Eventually you grew up, your father dying of gray leaf by age of 7 and mother being gone some day with her final words “I’ll just get some leaf from Whitecomb”. Hatred of leaf-addicts came natural to you for the rest of your life.
You became a caravan guard, then have met Gordo the Troll. Big guy, tough, a giant. And you started adventuring. You were joined by Dugo the swordsman and Kay the Kissing, woman as beautifal as her necromantic powers were deadly. Last to join was Quintun. He could make things dissapear.

And it was bandits and goblins and orcs and gnolls first, then ogres and trolls (Gordo didnt mind killing his kin one bit) and then first small dragons. Word got around. Towns and small lords would hire you, for beasts and cultists and daul sorcerers to be found and killed. You grew in power. You grew in wealth. And yet, every time there would be a stop in a tavern, when Kay would be kissing a handsome local man, when Dugo and Quintun would be seducing the maids and whores (often both), you would join in this too always to remain empty, always to have wine and company turn to ash in your mouth. Eventually you just stopped and got the name Jemm the Gray. Hatred for this name was dark and deep.

From there on it was destroying proper giants, dragon-sorcerers, venturing into hells and killing some demons and finally medusa queen. That was when Quintun left. He said he had bought a large homestead in Yarrin ridges. He also said he had a nice company. After you killed Beholder of Gorsmey, Kay said she got a really good offer. Aas usually, she did not tell much. Could be a husband and two kids or being a leader of assassin guild. Probably both. Soon after, Dugo said he is tired. Worn outh. That he is putting this whole thing “on hold for a bit”. One day Gordo was gone. And truth was, you were worn out too. Constant battles, death, resurrections, wealth beyond measure, danger and suffering … it did get to you. You bought a small mansion outside a small town. You could buy all the whores in it or all the non-whores, you could drink all the vine and eat all the gray leaf and you know, you would still be empty. And death – emptiness does not end in death, you know that after all ressurections.

Adventurer of great skill and great wealth, you are now alone. What do you do?
>>
look around my home, and consider what I actualy have here, take stock then plan acordingly
>>
As you review your possessions, you come up with the following:
- about 3.5 million goldpieces in form of coins, valuable items, gems and valuable metals
- one small mansion with 45 rooms, one small stable for horses, small house for servants
- lots of connections in different cities and guilds
- a set of armor and a sword that would make most adventurers drool. You keep it on at all times
>>
use some of these connections to find something to kill, preferably a gladiatorial arena, but a group of bandits or problem for the guilds is acceptable
>>
>>1535007
failing that, learning some magic might be a good idea, eldritch necromancy anyone?
>>
>>1535023
support
>>
I think we are cursed, so lets become a villan they get to be...free in a sense, and I think meeting up with a former party member or an new adventureers party in a showdown would be awesome. and WE get to monologe
>>
As you are going through the ideas of finding something to kill or learning some magic, you hear that voice in the back of your head, that gray laughing man who tells you whatever you do along this line of action, will bring you nothing but more emptiness and horrid, frigid solitude. Paperwork is annoying and at certain point you just smash the table, obliterating 100 gp worth of crafted wood. You go out and train a bit on your back yard to cool off. Sometimes you are reached by sounds of hammers, squeaking of cartwheels and chatter from nearby town.
>>
>>1535075
okay....suit up if we have not already pack some food and walk towards the magical center of the country. if there is one
>>
>>1535075
Find somewhere quiet, in partial shade and relax for a couple hours. But bring your gear just in case
>>
>>1535094
>>1535052
guys what do you think we should do, the guy is a millionare who has become jaded and unfulfilled
so as I said I want to make him a villain, litch or immortal warrior
what do you two want to do with this quest?
>>
>>1535098
I could go for the immortal warrior
>>
>>1535105
glad we agree, who knows, if someone starts up another quest, this could be the villain?

[if this happens I am going to throw a party]
>>
File: 1216552-bigthumbnail.jpg (96KB, 450x257px) Image search: [Google]
1216552-bigthumbnail.jpg
96KB, 450x257px
After calming down it really seems magic might be the solution (minus the nagging gray man in your head). For a moment you even think immortality might be the way but you shudder at the thought of ever-expanding grayness devouring you as you never die. You decide to go to Zhinas, an ancient town far to the West, where many mages who have transcended guild mambership reside. You know you will need a magic book to even enter and you fetch one from your hoard. For a moment it flashes through you, how amazed would you be with this item even 10 years ago. Today it is just an expensive trinket.
You get a group of adventurers to guard your mansion for a year, while you put all your wealth in a small magical sack and take it along. You are ready to go.

note: I will write when i am no longer updating the quest but it might last for a few more hours.
>>
>>1535146
k

make the ground rules very clear with the hired help, NO going in my room my armourey or my hoard. other than that have fun

then get to walking/riding

[lets darth vader this bitch, our self hatred will feed our power and we will "gift" the world with this knowledge and plunge it into darkness for our lovecraftian masters]
>>
Hired help will keep their word, you know that. They have heard legends of you and are amazed they can do a “quest” for you. Also, local bank is checking up on them and paying them every week.

Ah, Zinas! Magic metropolis of thousand wonders, a town so far and so secretive, some have spent their life searching for it … For you it’s a short carriage ride, then dragon ride, then instant teleportation straight to Zinas where you meet arrogant mage apprentice. You hand him the magic book like its a loaf of bread and move in. You are now in Zinas, City of magical wonders. You have a really strong feeling you’ll find nothing for yourself here. But there is a small spark of hope this feeling may be wrong.
>>
see if we know the rules of this place, if not ask

go to the collage or place of learning and try to find necromancer, conjurer or an elder magician [eldritch magic] or chronomater
>>
There are not many rules to be followed by such powerful adventurers as you are. Which is kind of depressing by itself, you feel. All four magicians are accessible and at your disposal.
>>
>>1535212
lets talk with the necromancer first
and mabey get some anti depressants sheesh
>>
Necromancer explains all the knowledge of necromancy is at your disposal. It might take a few decades, but by that time you will be a Master necromancer, like him, able to raise dead and use them as servants and warriors. He explains and explains, but you realize his powers are decent, but not much more powerful then your blade. You’ve seen such people before, killing other people, releasing necrotic powers upon a world. You’ve killed them, cut them in half with your blade. Necromancy might be a good hobby, but nothing more.
>>
ask the magician if it is possible to become an undead warrior, immortal and untireing?
if so how long would it take and can others do it
to us
>>
Becoming a death knight is a long and arduous process, explains the necromancer. But it is possible. With proper wealth (which he knows you have), we could have you in full undead setup within a span of a few weeks. But, he explains, such change might affect your soul rather harshly. And you do not look too cheerful as is, he notices. Not that joy is very important to necromancers. He says he’d just be rather unhappy if his customer turned into a catatonic zombie with a sword. Just a bit buffed up. Lichdom is an option too. Effects are similar. As a good suppliers, he just underscores the fact that undead form might really mess up your head.
>>
hmph that's irksome, litchdom can regenerate from fatal wounds correct?
that is better than the death knight right?
>>
Lichdom means just what immortality is. Your body can be completely destroyed and yet it will always regrow in vicinity of a phylactery that holds your soul, explains the necromancer. You notice a sing of pity in his eyes.
>>
I will consider it, thank you

talk with the elder magician, see if we are cursed and about the abominations he can call forth
>>
An actual smile appears on your face for a moment, as you are received by Elder Magician of Zaris. An egg is no higher than a small child and it seems a blue sky and clouds are caught in it. Elder Magician has abandoned his mortal body centuries ago.

Egg says you are … interesting. And if you would like, it would make you undergo certain magical tests to see the nature of the curse. As for calling abominations … He can teach you summoning things that can ravage villages, but anything bigger is exceptionally unwise, since it “messes up things”. You feeel egg being genuinely intrigued by you.
>>
>>1535321
agree to the tests, and let him do what he will
>>
Time slowly passes in Zaris. You get a letter and a box. In a letter, adventuring group reports on its success regarding defense of the mansion. In a box there are three preserved goblin heads.

Elder Magician is doing his tests, but says nothing definitive.
Then, one day a metallic automaton drops off a letter. It says to meet someone in coil rooms deep under Zaris next night at midnight.
>>
inform the magician, and head to the coil room
possibly keep your sword unsheathed
>>
There are really few things that frighten you these days. In fact if something would frighten you, you might even salute that. It would mean you are alive. You descend into mentioned rooms, fully armed and armored. As you reach your goal, you find there an old man, probably a mage. He greets you. He says he had heard of your plight and that he might had knowledge of what you seek, but he needs a favor first. Then you hear guards of Zaris approaching. Surely, they have come to take the intruder.
>>
speak quickly mage, the guards approach rapidly. what would you offer me and what would I need to do
>>
Mage says that Zaris has a deal with a dragon in Eresia mountain. This dragon holds a tome of immense power and mage wants it for himself. If you bring this tome to him, he will tell you where and how can you find content. It will not be great magic and not great weapons, but true peace. Only selected few sages know of this thing, but mages are jealous. He, however, really needs the mentioned tome and is willing to trade. Celestial mirth for a book of ancient secrets.
>>
I will consider it, now begone I hope you don't need it in the next few weeks so goodbye
>>
File: ftl103_steel.jpg (60KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
ftl103_steel.jpg
60KB, 640x418px
Construct guardians of Zaris appear. They ask you where is a man you were meant to meet with? You know mage is fleeing and you may betray his location now.
>>
he accosted me and I bashed him in the head, he then turned tale and fled, I am not sure where, he blinded me with some form of magic shadows
>>
File: ur212_nbjytdruic.jpg (122KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ur212_nbjytdruic.jpg
122KB, 620x400px
Weeks pass. Elder magician of zaris is performing his experiments, yet is uanble to find any curse upon you. Sometimes you feel he might like to addy our armorur and weapons to his collection.

You pick up some rudimentary magical basics. Days pass and world looks as bleak as ever.
>>
inform the magician I will be back soon, and talk to the necromancer. I would like to become a litch
>>
>>1535666
this is me
>>
File: grave-pact-banner.png (284KB, 860x302px) Image search: [Google]
grave-pact-banner.png
284KB, 860x302px
You are given to realiable hands of Master Necromancers. You are well on the way of becoming a lich. Yet all this seems futile. Futile, dark and tasteless. Somehow you do not care about imortality. But you guess you do it anyway.
>>
once the transformation is done, place the phylactery in the bag of holding, then head towards the dragons hoard
>>
File: Death-knight-guide.jpg (15KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
Death-knight-guide.jpg
15KB, 250x300px
You have a new visage. It is dark and ominous. You taste no more food and wine and touch of flesh is lost to you. Every day becomes a struggle. Death may not be the answer, but complete cessation of existence may be. Slowly you travel toward Eresia mountain.
>>
when we reach the dragons lair, call into it and inform the dragon I'm coming in
>>
Dragon accepts you on top of his mountain.
>>
mighty beast, I come to you for discourse. you have what I seek, and I seek not to end you but for a trade. hand me the tome of immense power and I will hand you something of equil power.

but refuse and meet my blade
>>
Dragon is intrigued. He knows the tome and its value. He wants to know what is it that you offer.
>>
>>1535757
what if I were to offer you, my life. the point on I would happily do any task and favour. and something that would ensure this?
>>
Loyalty of a lich is not hard to assure, says the dragon. I want your phylactery. I'll give you a sending stone and whenever i need your aid, I will send you a message. For that, you get the book.
>>
I understand completely great beast of the skys, and I trust you wont break my phylactery while I remain useful?

[just a none important matter but could the phylactery be a small dagger with jagged blade? doesn't matter but I like the asthetic]
>>
>>1535799
Can be. You can attach the pic if you feel like. Our hero has a book ... and has amde quite a deal. He is also in posession of a single sending stone.
>>
>>1535814
the only reason I asked was, this might play into futer plans, and this guy is near suicidal, even if he disobeys it wont matter much. what would it take to break a phylactery?

anywho head back to the crazy mage man
>>
Somehow a letter reaches you. It is again an invitation to coil rooms. You meet there an old mage who is impressed with your deeds. Whole thing seems rather bland to you, but man may have something that saves you. What do you demand of him and do you give him the book?
>>
give me what you promised and I will hand over the book, but first lets go to your [whatever wizards have instead of a house] so there is no weasling out of this
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 271x186px
I work alone, says wizard. And no, there will be no “weaseling out” as you say. The knowledge I am to give you is secret. Dark, dark secret and you will understand why others will not tell you of this. Still, I will, because I need a book.

Long ago, there was a god, Prime god, who created humans and elves and dwarves. It is unknown if it was orcs and goblins who first started wars, but eventually war and conflict would taint mankind too. Eventually Prime god created Undines – female creatures that would bring peace and pacify the warring sides. For a while it worked, but then they were enslaved by very men they were supposed to calm. God got angry and had smitten men … but also created heaven, paradise for these Undines. A hidden island in Western sea. An island upon which they live and among them Ae, the one who has shard of god within her. She can cure any malady. Even yours.

Years ago I have found a map to this island. A map and a part of a blade, forged on this island. I have both here. Give me the book, seek the island and you will be free of your curse.
>>
take the items then give him the book. when he turns away, kill him with our blade/basic magics and get the book back. then call the guards and say you caught the intruder. he attacked me again
>>
Mage is an easy kill. As you stab him, several magical protections activate on him, only to be dispelled by your blade. He dies, clutching your blade in anger.
Magical guards show up and even if you think they do not completely believe your story, they do not raise further questions. You have the book now and items given to you by killed mage.
>>
place the book in my holding bag, then head towards this so called island, say bye to the eldritch magician and assure him I will be back
>>
You depart the great magical city, for a short time filled with purpose. Old wizard did have some info … but will this really satiate your thirst? Old adventuring skills and gold immeasurable come handy. How do you gear up for your travel?
>>
with my new undead status, I keep all that I brought to the magical city with me. and I read from the book as I walk to test out any new spells I can read
>>
Residing in a coastal city takes quite a lot of subterfuge. Your undead status is visible if not properly disguised, so you spend most of the days in a large house outside the city. Your magical powers are very basic … Sometimes you wonder why you even look at them, since it does nothing for you. These books, so silly … its just a tome that eventually teaches you tokill something or animate it. You sit in your house and darkness closes.
>>
try to use some of this new power to at least cloak myself in shadows, and if that don't wwork, just make my way to a boat that I can pilot by myself, while it is sea capable
>>
Ending for today. May continue at unspecified time.
>>
>>1536120
stay safe
>>
This seemed interesting till Mc turned into a lich for no apparent reason.

Op, your quest started way too open, imo. There should have been at least some lead.
>>
>>1538080
to be honest, I chose to do that for an overarching goal that me and another anon who replied though was a good idea, or at least fun. join in if you want, I'm sure we can fix it
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.