[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sky Fighters Thread #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: XcQLUAu.jpg (228KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
XcQLUAu.jpg
228KB, 1680x1050px
You are a rather capable pilot, hired by the Eaglewatch PMC for your services. The reasons why you signed that contract, and who you are are yet to be decided. That, is up to you. Without further ado...

~~~

The gentle whine of a helicopter turbine rouses you awake, your eyes blinking twice before rubbing them with a gloved hand. You stretch your back out before leaning forward and tapping one of the pilots' shoulders.

"How much longer?"

The pilot nods, his helmet bobbing.

"'Bout three mikes."

You sit back down in your seat, looking out the window at the ongoing desert. An airfield slowly crawls into view, several jets of all kinds taking off and landing from the singular runway.

~~~

"Thank you for flying with Black Talon Airlines, we hope to see you again!"

Says the pilot, waving as he takes back off.A man wearing a trenchcoat slowly approaches you, offering you a handshake.

"Well, mercenary, welcome to Airfield 24. Mind telling me your name?"

>Bodhi (American)
>Ivan (Russian)
>Hanz (German)
>Write in (Other)
>>
Ivan
>>
>>1533861
>Write in (Other)
Ran (Israeli)
>>
>>1533861
>>Write in (Other)
>Ran (Israeli)
>>
>>1533861
>Ran (Israeli)
>>
the kike fighter.
>>
>>1535243
>>1535807
>>1535962
>Ran (Israeli)

Noted. Will write when I get back from dinner.
>>
Oh boy we Rimon 20 nao
>>
>>1535243
>>1535807
>>1535962
>Ran (Israeli)

You accept his handshake, both of you noting the other's firm grip.

"I'm Ran, Ran Abramovitz. Former IAF."

He nods, holding off as the scream of a SU-33 taking off rings out overhead. Sukhoi sufficiently in the distance, the man in the trench coat smiles as a roofless UAZ-469 rolls up. He clambers inside, and sits on the rear bench, inviting you in with a hand wave. You get in as well, opting for the seat next to him.

"Ran, I'm Colonel Sokolov, Air Base Wing Commander of Airfield 24 for Eaglewatch. Though, you probably already know that."

You open your mouth to respond, but get cut off by another jet scream: This time, a Mirage 2000C takes off from the singular runway, it's afterburner engaging as its nose lifts, followed by the rest of the air frame.

"Being honest, Colonel, I did not."

To your surprise, the Russian man chuckles, and pats your back.

"Ah, no issues, none at all. You'll be taken to your quarters, and meet your wingman soon enough. He's the one who will give you a tour of our... facility."

You can only nod, taking in the sights of the airbase. Several taxiways wind the paths between the runway and the collection of hangers and buildings. The hangers are widely varied, between full corrugated metal buildings, to simple concrete walls with tarpaulin held taut over the tops. The UAZ driver drives both you and the Colonel towards a seemingly 'hub' building, upon where the driver briefly stops, Sokolov hopping out from the jeep.

"Take him to the canteen, that's where his wingman should be."

A short drive takes you to a wider building, where you hop out with your bag. You offer the driver a handshake, which he waves away.

"Ah, please. It's my job."

"I see."

You turn on your heels as the UAZ putters away again, pushing open the doors to the canteen. (TBC)
>>
>>1539712
A cacophony of noises immediately hits you, including the clattering of silverware on trays, idle chit chat, boastful stories being told, and cooking appliances hurriedly doing their jobs behind the counter. You notice a blond man wearing a blue flight-suit leaning against one of the pillars, nodding as your eyes meet. He approaches you, seemingly sizing you up. He then offers a handshake:

"Name's Bodhi. You're the new guy, right?"

You nod, setting your bag down and returning the handshake.

"Yes, that is correct. I'm Ran, former IAF."

"And I'm former USAF; welcome to Airfield 24, friendo!"

As if some sort of tradition, the pilots in the canteen all lift their glasses, giving one big cheer:

"Welcome!"

Bodhi chuckles, looking back to you.

"Anyways, I'm your new wingman. Lemme guess, Sokolov or somebody wanted me to show you around?"

"I-"

"C'mon, follow me. We ain't got all day."

He says, walking out the door you just came in from. It's a decent walk from the canteen to a rather large hanger. It's one of the corrugated metal ones, this one large enough to hold a C-130. However, instead of holding a cargo plane, it's lined with aisles and shipping containers, presumably filled with munitions, goods, toiletries, and practically anything else. The two of you approach a desk with an obscene amount of papers on the surface, not to mention the old calculator sitting on a sizable stack. Behind it, an old man looking about sixty years of age grins, showing a missing front tooth.

"Woah-ho-ho, a new guy. I'm Eddy, and welcome to Airfield 24's 'Requisitions' shop. Basically, if ya' need anything like missiles, ammo, spare parts, or even a whole god damn plane, I'm your man. Of course, it'll cost 'ya. But, I'm an honest man, see? If you need help paying for something, I'll see if you can't run me some favors around here."

He snickers, then falls into a coughing fit severe enough for Bodhi to pat his back.

"Thanks, sonny."

Bodhi rolls his eyes, leaning back on his heels and looking at you.
>>
>>1539716
"He basically explained this one for me, so, yeah. Onto the hangars, I guess."

Another decent walk leads you to those concrete and tarpaulin hangers you saw earlier. The sun begins to set over the sand surrounding the base. As you walk down the row, you notice something rather odd to you: All these aircraft are personalized in some way. Some just sport nose art, while some sport designs encompassing the entire airframe. You chuckle at how new it is to you; in the IAF it was a total pain to get some sort of nose art, let alone the bright colors that these planes show off.

"Alright, here we are."

You look into the hangar he stopped in front of, and immediately notice a fighter craft. However, it takes you a second to recognize it as a F-104G Starfighter. It's artowrk is rather simple, only sporting the almost cliche shark mouth on the nose.

"Is this plane yours?"

He smiles, tucking his hands on his waist.

"The one and only! Come on, the plane the company is supplying you is in the next one."

A smile creeps on your face as you realize the prospects: A free fighter plane. You turn the corner, and see

>Something European!
>Something American!
>Something Russian!
>>
>>1536366
>>1538569
Shalom :D
>>
File: IMG_9004.jpg (223KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9004.jpg
223KB, 1680x1050px
>>1539722
>>Something European!
Mirage 3!
Failing that, something closer to home, like a Kfir.
>>
>>1539722
>>1539722
I want something estovakian, Cfa-44 with ADMM ples

If not Let's goooo Su-47 for maneuverability.
>Something Russian
>>
>>1540003
We are clearly going Area 88 here, no dancing with the angels for you...
>>
File: IAI-Lavi-B-2-hatzerim-2.jpg (109KB, 1227x616px) Image search: [Google]
IAI-Lavi-B-2-hatzerim-2.jpg
109KB, 1227x616px
>>1539722
Lavi. The dream is real.
>>
>>1539722
>F-104G Starfighter
>He smiles
>"The one and only!
>actively proud of it

Do not fuck with this guy. He's a fucking lunatic.
>>
Waiting for another vote or two.
>>
File: F-15C-Cipher-INFINITY.jpg (5KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
F-15C-Cipher-INFINITY.jpg
5KB, 200x113px
>>1539722
>Something American
>Spanish guitar starts playing in the background
>>
File: F-15C-Cipher-INFINITY.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
F-15C-Cipher-INFINITY.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
>>1552399
>thumbnail
Kill me

Btw OP, you should advertise your quest in /qtg/, discord and IRC.
>>
>>1552402
This
>>
>One vote for something Euro
>One vote for something Russian
>One vote for something Israeli
>One vote for something American
Next vote breaks the tie, then update.
>>
>>1553263
Switched to the american model
>>
American wins. Will update in the morning or whenever this damn vertigo goes away.
>>
>>1553546
Aww, was gonna second Israeli but couldn't get a connection earlier
>>
File: photo.jpg (8KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
8KB, 253x253px
Yo QM, still alive?
>>
oy vey
>>
File: J-3005.jpg (923KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
J-3005.jpg
923KB, 1600x1067px
>>1539829
>>1541144
>>1552399
>>1553468
American wins.

>>1557329
This twisted game needs to be reset.

A smile creeps on your face as you realize the prospects: A free fighter plane. You turn the corner, and see a rather pointy shape, almost shaped like a fifty cal round. It's nose is rather long, and you can make out roughly seven hard points on it's wings and belly. Bodhi whistles, and rests his elbow on your shoulder.

"A Tiger II? Someone at the company owed you a favor, ay?"

You chuckle, walking forward to examine the aircraft. Whatever markings it once had are now gone, the airframe totally blank as if it's fresh from the factory.

"Y'know, if ya' wanna have some style, you can pay Eddy to slap some designs on it."

Nodding, you walk around the back, peering into the two GE J85-GE-21B turbojet engines. More walking takes you to the front, where for a second you almost peer directly into the barrels of the twin M39A2 Revolver cannons, electing a quip from Bodhi.

"It's kinda hard to fly with a twenty mil hole in your face, y'know."

"Hush."

You clamber up the ladder and slip into the cockpit, examining the switches and arrays. Bodhi climbs up the ladder as well, sharing the same curiosity about your flight platform.

"No shit..."

You take your eyes off the flight stick, examining Bodhi's surprised expression.

"Huh?"

"That radar's an APQ-159-1. You've got AGM ability."

"Huh."

"Anyways, you get your first weapons load free. If ya' want, you could also order a paint job while we're over at Eddy's."

A brisk walk with the setting sun at your backs takes you back to Eddy's hanger. The old man watches something on a portable TV, his boots crossed on the desk.

"Hey old man, we need something for our Israeli friend here."

He doesn't take his eyes from the television, the glow casting a blueish light on his face.

"Really? What's that?"

"We need a starter's load. Y'know, AAMs, AGMs, that stuff."

Eddy rolls his eyes, taking out a clipboard.

"Just write down what ya' want."

You click the pen, writing down the necessities, like ten full loads of gun rounds (5,600) and a couple of AGM-65 Mavericks (20). Then, you come to a more complex part of the sheet; you can pick which type of weapons you want.

>20 AAMs, either AIM-9 Sidewinders or AIM-120 AMRAAMs, or a mix of both.
>40 Rocket Pods, either LAU-61s or LAU-10s, or a mix of both.
>40 Bombs, either Mark 82s or CBU-24s, or a mix of both.
>>
>>1557970
>F-20
Let's see about getting pic related as our emblem. As for weapons:
>15 Sidewinders and 5 AMRAAMS.
We're going full air superiority.
>>
>>1558193
Whoops I'm retarded and mixed up the F-5 and F-20.
>>
I should have mentioned, the weapon options are seperate. As in, you will get all the listed weapon types, the choices lay in the make up of them.
>>
>>1557970
> 12/8
> 20/20
> 25/15
>>
I hope we can upgrade/ progress down the tech tree of our plane. And if so, stick with Northrop, because fuck the F20 and YF23 are awesome as hell
>>
The F20 is objectively inferior to the F-16 and you know it.
>>
>>1563158
Against later block variants yeah, but it performed just as good if not better against the F-16A and cost a shitload less while being cheaper and easier to fly and had better weapons interfacing and a better radar.

Chairforce mafia fuck off.
>>
>>1558193
15 AAMS
5 Rocket pods
>>
Not sure if the thread is gonna make it through the night. I'll make a new one in the morning.
>>
New thread.

>>1566106
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.