[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A New Civ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 15

File: download (33).jpg (13KB, 159x318px) Image search: [Google]
download (33).jpg
13KB, 159x318px
Tired of scrolling through /qst/ and having no fucking idea what's going on? Tired of every quest being "part 56"? Well have I got the quest for you. It's a standard civ quest, option with the most votes in about an hour is what race and location unless something gets 3 votes before then. I will update a map for you occasionally to track the known world, though at the start the map will only include your settlement and the surrounding area.
>>
Shit image was too small, give me a second to find a better copy.
>>
File: 1494491116948.jpg (3MB, 2046x4091px) Image search: [Google]
1494491116948.jpg
3MB, 2046x4091px
>>1531537
There you go
>>
>>1531545
Crystalid
Desert
>>
MACHINE IN DA DESERT
>>
>>1531533
>homunculus
>city ruins
>>
I'll roll to determine which one of the 3 it is, since it's a tie, 1 is crystalid, 2 is machine, 3 is homunculi.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>1531760
>>
>>1531768
Homunculi it is, map will be up shortly.
>>
File: humonculi.png (126KB, 1632x1820px) Image search: [Google]
humonculi.png
126KB, 1632x1820px
>The darkness was so long, endless almost. Perhaps once you knew your origin, but no longer, not after this long. As you emerged from a strange, fleshy pod, you saw others all around you emerging from other pods. You don't know how, but something in you instinctively knew they were your brethren, and how to communicate with them. you were the first awakened, and they rallied around you. Now you must venture out into this strange place of alien light and color.

>Day 1

Population: 7 homunculi including yourself

Resources: Strange fleshy pods

Surroundings: Ruined city surrounded on all sides except one by water
>>
>>1531801
Send a dude out to explore...
>>
File: Humonculi Day 2.png (130KB, 1632x1820px) Image search: [Google]
Humonculi Day 2.png
130KB, 1632x1820px
>>1531808

>You send humonculi to explore both within the ruined city and the surrounding lands, you find forest surrounding continued plains outside the city. In the city you are able to scavenge a stash of building materials and, more importantly, you find a large stone door. The door is carved into the face of a cliff, and adorned with symbols you recognize, but you don't know why you recognize them. It is large and heavy and refuses to budge. Your people are starting to get hungry and thirsty.

>Day 2

Population: 7

Resources: Fleshy pods, stash of stone and wood building materials
>>
Go hunting in discovered forests and try drinking water in the area surrounding us...
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>1532169

Rolling for hunting
>>
>>1532195

>Your hunters are able to bring back 5 days of food from the forests. The water seems drinkable, and you don't taste any salt in it. 2 of the 3 days of food are meat which will have to be cooked for safe consumption, unless of course you're desperate.

>Day 3

Resources: Fleshy pods, stash of stone and wood building materials, 3 days fruits and vegetables, 2 days raw meat, basically unlimited water.
>>
>>1532215
Check the ruins for tech as some of us study the "Fleshy pods"...
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>1532723

Sorry for the wait, I assumed the thread was dead. Rolling for tech search
>>
>>1532775

>You examine the pods from whence you came. Upon further study, it becomes clear that these are not natural. They are shaped with strange patterns, and appear to be made of a biomass that could be edible if you were very desperate. You still have no idea why they were in these ruins, but perhaps your tech search team can shed light on that. Meanwhile, 2 humonculi are searching the ruins for technology. While combing through an abandoned and vermin infested building they come across a half destroyed room with a desk in it and various other furnishings around. On the desk is a strange device, made from similar biomass to the pods. Upon further examination you find it has a trigger which should cause something to happen, but nothing occurs except a squishing noise until you put a pebble into it. It fires the rock at a high velocity, causing a dent in a wall. Too bad you've only got one. (artwork is not my own)

>Day 4

Resources: Fleshy pods, stash of stone and wood building materials, 2 days fruits and vegetables, 2 days raw meat, basically unlimited water, biomass gun.
>>
Imma sleep now.

>>1532804
Search for more tech and maybe try studying the gun as well
>>
>>1532804
investigate the ruins and set up camp
>>
>>1532901
support
>>
>>1532901
>>1532907
>>1532955

>You continue exploring the ruins and find a mostly intact building where you set up camp with a simple fire. You use the fire to cook your 2 days worth of meat. So far you are unable to figure anything out about the gun, other than it's combat capabilities.

>Day 5

Resources: Fleshy pods, stash of stone and wood building materials, 1 day fruits and vegetables, 2 days cooked meat, basically unlimited water, basic shelter.
>>
I also need to sleep. I will be back around 1 pm. CST tomorrow though.
>>
>>1532989
i am going to bed also it 04:05 for me so good night or morning
>>
>>1532975
upgrade your shelter
>>
>>1535033

I have returned, what kind of upgrades?
>>
>>1536063
Patch the holes, increase our sleeping area and such like
>>
>>1536081
Hey cursed, second civ thread I've run this week with you on it.

>It takes most of your supplies to create a completely enclosed shelter. You are able to find some cloth materials around the city for some warmth in the night, but you're still in dire straits.

>Day 6

Resources: Fleshy pods, 2 days cooked meat, basically unlimited water, basic shelter.
>>
>>1536151
We need to begin research on creating more Homunculi

Like I said. Im everywhere.
>>
>>1536380

>You contemplate what your origin could be. Judging by the biomass pods you emerged from, you have reason to believe you are also an organic, artificial creation. You designate a homunculi to study the pods, but it seems until you have a way to better determine the nature of these pods, you'll make no breakthroughs.

>Still day 6 because you didn't do anything that would take a day

Resources: Fleshy pods, 2 days cooked meat, basically unlimited water, basic shelter.
>>
>>1536406

Send fellows out hunting, want to build up a larger reserve

How much innate knowledge are we working with?
>>
>>1536420

You know how to communicate with each other, how to use your bodies and basically anything that you'd still have if you were struck with complete amnesia, nothing else though.

How many hunters are you sending? In fact, from now on remember to state the number of people you're sending on any given task.
>>
>>1536438
5, but try using the gun during the trip...
>>
File: WagonAmbush.jpg (68KB, 736x484px) Image search: [Google]
WagonAmbush.jpg
68KB, 736x484px
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1536451

>As your hunters wander through the woods, searching for food, they hear a rustling in the bushes. As they raise the gun to prepare to shoot a deer or other game, arrows fly past. 3 kobolds leap from the bush, shouting war cries. roll a d10 with a +2 bonus for your gun, including the archer kobolds in the bushes they equal your numbers, so no bonuses there.
>>
>>1536406
PUT SOME ORGANIC MATTER INTO THE PODS.
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>1536493
>>
Rolled 3, 8 = 11 (2d10)

>>1536493
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>1536507
whoops..
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>1536498

>Surprised by the ambush, one of your hunters panics and drops the gun. He attempts to pick in up while the unarmed homunculi flee. He manages to pick it up and get off a shot, but not before the kobolds chase down and kill [insert whatever number I roll here] homonculi. The survivors bring back 4 days of food.
>>
>>1536514

>You mourn the loss of one of your brethren, shall you vow revenge on the kobolds who took him or pursue diplomacy? (I think I know what the answer is)
>Day 7

Population: 6

Resources: Fleshy pods, 5 days cooked meat, basically unlimited water, basic shelter.
>>
>>1536526

Diplomacy for now, until we figure out how to make more brethren we don't have the cushion for a fight

To that end, we should comb over the ruins, try to find anything that might given us a hint of seem connected to the pods
>>
>>1535033

>While exploring a building, you come across a strange stone adorned with similar symbols to those on the door you found earlier.

Resources: Fleshy pods, 4 days cooked meat, basically unlimited water, basic shelter, biomass gun
>>
>>1536597
Do we still have the gun on us? If so, study the stone and "fleshy" devices together
>>
>>1536597

Assign one of our fellows to study the symbols and see if they can interpret them

Have the others go explore the coastline, see if there would be places we can fish
>>
>>1536651

>Your study of the stone and gun yield little information other than the realization that the runes on the stone are the same runes you saw on the cliffside door just outside the city. Your explorers find multiple beaches and rock overhangs into the lake that seem prime for fishing.
>>
>>1536669

Go check the cliffside door, see if we can interact with it in any way

Set up fishing at the coastline
>>
>>1537348

>2 brethren are sent to fish, you now have multiple stable sources of food (I will now stop tracking food and other resources in one "resources" area). The patterns on the door are almost identical to those on the stone and, in front of the door is a round divot in the ground...

>Day 7

Food production: Sufficient

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons)

Other: Fleshy pods

Known Groups: Kobold tribe
>>
>>1537412

Thanks for the hint, craft spears, they can help with defense and fishing
>>
>>1537473

>Over the course of a day, you craft enough spears for each member of your tribe.

>Day 8

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), spears

>>
>>1537538

Forgot to remove the needing more weapons thing since I copy and paste the previous one to edit, ignore it
>>
>>1537538

Build up reinforcement for our camp
>>
>>1537680

Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by that?
>>
>>1537703

Start putting down a stake perimeter, our camp shouldn't be large by any means so no point in investing in a wall
>>
>>1537729

>While cutting wood for the fortifications, your lumber party of three men sees a patrol of 2 kobolds walking through the forest. They are armed with spears and don't seem to have noticed your men yet. The brethren have the gun with them.
>>
I'm getting off for the night, expect me back at about 9 AM. CST tomorrow.
>>
>>1537879

Thanks for running

Stay hidden for now, let things cool down a bit between our people
>>
The master of the quest is back.
>>
>>1537896

>You brethren leave the kobolds be, attempting to avoid further conflict. They bring back enough wood for a stake perimeter around your camp.

>Day 9

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), spears

Shelter: Repaired ruined building

Fortifications: Stake perimeter
>>
>>1540423
>>1540423
We started off in a lab right? Lets grind out that research onto the fleshy pods
>>
>>1540513
>>1540513

You started out in a ruined building, there was nothing around that would help in research, there's always that door though.
>>
>>1540518
Make bows
>>
>>1540613

Sorry for the wait, I had to run a quick errand.

>Although you have no bowstrings, you take the day to make them out of plant fibers. You now have bows to supplement your spears.

>Day 10

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), spears, bows

>>
>>1540651
research fleshy pods
>>
>>1540663

>The pods are clearly not natural. They are made of the same biomass as the gun, and have the same symbols on them as the stone and door you found.

>Day 11

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), spears, bows

>>
>>1540674
Try to open the door with the symbol
>>
>>1540674
lmprove shelter
improve wood spears harden the tips with fire
>>
>>1540708
>>1540717

Sorry about the wait again

>You use your supplies to improve the shelter, reinforcing the walls. Meanwhile, some of your brethren improve the spears. Most importantly however, you take the stone to the great cliffside door and place it in the divot in the ground. The door slowly opens, revealing a passageway lit by strange, fleshy objects clinging to the walls emitting a green glow. As you and two others walk down the hallway, you arrive at a great chamber, filled with glass cylinders containing a strange, noxious liquid. A voice comes to your head.

"The brethren shall amass when I am fed, bring me life and I shall give it back to you in a new form..."

>Day 12

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), fire hardened spears, bows

Shelter: Improved ruined building

>>
>>1540771
Make nets to capture animals alive and bring them to the thing in the cliffside
>>
>>1540796
support
>>
>>1540812
>>1540796

>Using plant fibers, you create nets. You manage to bring back a deer.
>>
>>1540820
sacrefice the deer to the liquid
>>
File: matrix-pod.jpg (85KB, 490x633px) Image search: [Google]
matrix-pod.jpg
85KB, 490x633px
>>1540826

>The deer begins to dissolve into the liquid and, over time, reshape into a pod like the one you emerged from. As the pod opens a creature like yourself emerges from it and climbs out of the chamber.

"You are my brother. I am your brother."

>day 13

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), fire hardened spears, bows

Can you please give me what jobs you're assigning your population to at this point?
>>
>>1540842
2 to capture more animals give us more Population
2 to guard the how home
2 to fish for food
1 to research how to make more Biomass gun
>>
>>1540928
support
>>
>>1540928

Day 14

Population: 7 (+1 per 2 days)

Food production: Insufficient

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction

Each person producing food can produce enough for themselves and one other at this tech level, you're currently not producing enough to facilitate your population. I've set your reproduction rate to 1 per 2 days, but since it's controlled by how many animals you can capture, with 2 people assigned to trapping animals you can bring that up to one a day or lower it if you wish.
>>
>>1540949
Since we have bows and gun, try to combine the two and make a gun bow that shoot stuff with force.
>Study arrows to find way to make them more accurate and fly faster.
>>
>>1540949
everyone hunts for food
>>
>>1540964
>>1540975

>Your researcher discovers that he can improve your arrows by fletching them with feathers. You also stabilize your food production by assigning 4 brethren to fishing and hunting. A new brethren is made.

Day 15

Population: 8 (+1 per 2 days)

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction, bows, improved arrows

Hunter gatherers: 4
Researchers: 1
Guards: 1
Breeding hunters: 2

Due to several things I have to do in real life now this will conclude todays session, tomorrow's begins at approximately 1 PM. CST.
>>
>>1540998
goodbye i am lookin fowards to next session
>>
>>1540998
Send out the hunters to find plants that can be cultivated, can be eaten or herbs and spices.
You better fucking come back OP
>>
>>1541006
supporting
>>
>>1540998
goodbye have a nice day
>>
>>1541006
Second action I guess, research crossbows while mass producing arrows.
>>
Welcome back to homonculus quest. I'm going to have this on in the background and check it every few minutes so expect a slight wait sometimes, depending on when you give a command.
>>
>>1541130
supporting
>>
>>1545188

>Your research into crossbows yields no results yet, but you think you will make a breakthrough eventually.

Day 16

Population: 8 (+1 in 1 day)

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction, bows, improved arrows

Hunter gatherers: 4

Whenever it gets to one day away from pop growth please tell me what you're assigning the new citizen to on the following day.
>>
>>1541130
Supporting
>>
>>1545208
research crossbows again
assigning the new citizen to Guards
>>
>>1545252
Remember, that would put you into negative food production, like I said earlier, with your current tech, someone can produce food for 2 people.
>>
>>1545285
okay than citizen to Hunter gatherers
>>
>>1545288

Research on crossbows continues, and you believe you're getting closer to a breakthrough when a war party of 13 kobolds appears on the borders of the city, they don't seem to have found your shelter though.

Population: 9 (+1 in 2 days)

Hunter gatherers: 5
>>
>>1545311
research crossbows again
assign 1 Breeding hunter to Guard
>>
>>1545345

No response to the kobolds?
>>
>>1545357
what can we do we only have 9 Population we fight we die but we should build some traps around our home
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1545373

>You build some basic traps around your shelter, rolling to see if the kobolds find your hideout, 3 or under they do
>>
>>1545405

>The kobolds do not find your shelter, and leave to go back to their village. Your research on crossbows has finally yielded a breakthrough, you understand how one might be made, but this will be impossible without the ability to work metal.

Population: 9 (+1 in 1 day)

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction, bows, improved arrows, crossbows

Fortifications: Stake perimeter, traps

Guards: 2
Breeding hunters: 1
>>
>>1545357
assign a scout to monitor kobold progess through the city, prepare a fight-or-flight plan, scout out possible escape routes / defensible chokepoints / ambush locations.

we need to make the numbers count.
guerilla tactics?
>>
>>1545413
the new brother should be assigned to tan the deer and other creatures' leather and make some basic leather armor and shields / bucklers
>>
>>1545413
research farming
>>
>>1545421

>It seems the kobolds have set up a small base camp on the outskirts of the city. It's not well defended, but if the kobolds were to lose contact with it they would know for certain that you are in this area.
>>
>>1545454
>>1545465

>You begin to research farming techniques, attempting to cultivate various natural plants. It will take about 3 days to prepare the leather you need for one suit of armor.

Population: 10 (+1 in 2 days)

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction, bows, improved arrows, crossbows

Tanners: 1
>>
>>1545466
do the kobolds' weapons and gear seem superior, similar to or inferior to ours?

perhaps we could go the dreaded diplomatic way with the kobolds and entice them with knowledge?

Or simply buy some time until we have enough numbers for full scale war.
>>
>>1545514
Supporting
>>
>>1545514
>>1545530

They are equipped with the same technology as you, primitive bows and spears. I'm not including the gun in that because you don't know how to make more, but it is definitely a great advantage.
>>
play it safe and wait for more brethren.
meanwhile, is there anything else beyond the door except the multiplication device?

does the multiplication device communicate anything other than "feed me"?
>>
>>1545682
Just the breeding device, and it hasn't spoken since you first encountered it.
>>
We should explore more, find more resources ,and materials. Metals anyone?

Our next brother should be out scouting to the north, for resources or relevant individuals.
>>
>>1545790
Alright, anything particular you're doing today or just continuing regular operations?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
Continue normally for today, keep an eye out for kobolds.

>they'll be back, and in greater numbers
>>
File: profile.jpg (43KB, 482x314px) Image search: [Google]
profile.jpg
43KB, 482x314px
>>1545867

You discover multiple plants in the forest that can be cultivated easily. Farming researched.

Day 20

Population: 10 (+1 in 2 days)

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction, bows, improved arrows, crossbows, basic agriculture

>>
Our researcher is currently dpoing nothing. Let him research basic tactics - formations, signals, the like, to improve our chances in battle.

Send the scout in the northern woods farther out. Any change in terrain?

Metagaming a little, how would migrating from hunter-gatyherers to farmers work out? Seasons? Necessary land? Etc...
>>
>>1545906
Since we have bows and understand how cross bows can be made, make more bows and arrows, studying how they fly, weight distribution and how different tips can be used for different things.
>Like long skinny tips for hunting, barbed tips for fishing, wide sharpened tips for Anti-personnel
>>
>>1545977
I'll answer your question before I update the map. The farmers need land outside of the city. One hex can support 10 farmers with your current tech. With basic farming each farmer can produce enough food for 2.5 people including themselves, meaning your 10 person population would need 4 food producers instead of 5, this, along with land capacity will increase with farming tech. It will take about 2 days for your farmers to clear a hex but you have a food stockpile sufficient enough to survive until then without them hunting. Who is being sent to scout?
>>
>>1545991
1 Guard
>>
Support.
Great job so far btw, makes me curious what is out there, but i need to sleep now.

Don't get the Brotherhood destroyed, brothers.
>>1546019
>>
>>1546019
>>1546040

>Your explorer avoids the kobold outpost in the city successfully and explores along the coast, but is unable to find anything except for more forest and lake before he returns home.

Day 21

Population: 10 (+1 in 1 day)

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction, bows, improved arrows, crossbows, basic agriculture

>>
File: homunculi explore 3.png (133KB, 1632x1820px) Image search: [Google]
homunculi explore 3.png
133KB, 1632x1820px
The current known world
>>
>>1546062
Alright, I got a plan here.
So send out the hunters on a mission, capture at least one kobolt.
Send out our hunting party to follow a group of scavenging, hunting or just rouge kobolts. Catching them and dragging them back to learn about our enemy.
>Plus, you know, slaves.
>>
>>1546087
Considering how big of a move that is (starting a war and all) I'm going to take a few minutes to let anyone else on the quest voice the quest say what they want to do, since you were first if the vote is a tie then the brethren do that.
>>
>>1546095
Why would it start a war? They wouldn't know it us we didn't out right attack?

If it does start a war I guess just start rebuilding the fortifications and the lab. We're not ready for war.
>>
>>1546121
It has the possibility to start a war, depending on how it goes, doesn't seem like anyone's active now except you so I'll just ask you if you're willing to risk it for the possible rewards.
>>
>>1546062
try to catch some animals alive and try to Farm them for Population
>>1546087
im not sure we are ready for war.
>>
>>1546132
Nope, I'm not, rebuild and reinforce.
>>
>>1546136
>>1546137
OK, looks like you're in agreement. As for the animals, you're already catching them to increase population, but do you mean actually doing animal husbandry to have a more reliable source of growth?
>>
>>1546139
Sure, I'll second finding animal that are herbivores, have more then use and are easy to handle.
>>
>>1546139
>animal husbandry yes that what i meant.
>>
>>1546142
>>1546137
>>1546136

Your breeding hunters use the animals they find to begin breeding them for farming instead of putting them directly into the tank. Setting this up will take 3 days where population growth is halted. Once it's done, 1 pop per day will be possible with 1 person working the breeding, instead of 1 person breeding being 0.5 per day.

Day 21

Population: 10 (Pop growth halted)

>>
>>1546160
make shields
>>
>>1546211
What material?
>>
>>1546238
wood
>>
>>1546271

You spend the day sharpening stones and then using the knives to create barebones wooden shields.

Day 22

Weapons: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), fire hardened spears, bows, shields

>>
At least some leather armor should be ready by now.

Also, is our brother researching tactics?

A lot of water around, maybe think about boats?
>>
>>1546301

Yes, some things get forgotten, your researcher is working on tactics and one suit of leather armor is done, I assume you equip it since you are the leader?
>>
>>1546291
make wall
>>
>>1546502
Can I get some more details than that? Where are you building it? What size? With what?
>>
>>1546522
at Improved ruined building
6 foot high
wood
i like you Civ Quest.
>>
>>1546573

We will build a great great wall.

That's a major undertaking, to make it that high you're going to have to designate labor to it for about 3 days, who's going to build it?
>>
>>1546593
1 Guard
>>
>>1546599

Alright well when I gave you the 3 day estimate that was assuming more workers, 1 person will take 6 days.
>>
>>1546627
okay
>>
>>1546627
Put the tanner on it too, we need a wall more then leather.
>>
>>1546638
Very well

>You assign one of your guards to work on building a wall around your shelter.

Day 23

Combat: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), fire hardened spears, bows, shields, 1 suit leather armor

Tanners: 1 (New leather armor in 2 days)
Wall builder: 1 (Wall finished in 6 days)
>>
>>1546661
Didn't see your post when I did the report, in that case just pretend it's 3 days to finish the wall and no leather is being tanned.
>>
>>1546673
Researcher blacksmithing
>>
>>1546708
>research not Researcher
>>
>>1546708
Eh, try to find metal ore desu, we need to find something to smelt before we think about working metal.
>>
>>1546846
Sorry for the wait, I've been busy

Your researcher begins to work on metalworking. Your breeding farm has finally been set up, you now produce one person a day if you wish with 1 person manning the farm.

Day 23

Population: 10 (+1 in 1 day)

Combat: Biomass gun (you really should make some more weapons), fire hardened spears, bows, shields, 1 suit leather armor

Wall builder: 2 (Wall finished in 2 days)

Another great session guys. Tomorrow's is 1 PM CST as usual, I'll see you all there.
>>
>>1547013
goodbye have a good day
>>
>>1547013
What did I miss?...
>>
>>1547123
Cross bow, built a wall, found animals, started farms and that's it.
In all honesty we should probably upgrade our people making thing, to have more people doing shit.
>>
>>1547263
supporting research on more breeding.
We should expand the population until the land stops being able to support us, then expand.

Meanwhile, set a brother on surveying the area for minerals, beginning with the interior of the cliffside cave.

We are interested in copper, tin and iron, ofc. Any other element should be useful, though.
Sulfur in particular.
With niter from the animal farm dung and some charcoal...what a time to be alive.
>>
>>1548027
I support all of those actions, the only think I would add would be putting together a research council so we can discover things much faster.
>>
I sincerely apologise but I have a lot of things to do today in order to prepare for my next session with my real life roleplaying group, same for tomorrow. I would very much like to continue but there's a lot of time investment that goes into it. I've made a discord for discussion while I'm unavailable, or just do it here if you want, I don't really care how you communicate. i will be available at the normal session time (1 PM CST) this Thursday. I might occasionally drop into the Discord, since I'll still be around, just not free to actually run the game, because of the amount of stuff that needs keeping track of and the writing a response to each command.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/322074796743720961
>>
>>1548640
Fuck I copied it wrong, I don't use discord a lot.

https://discord.gg/kRjds4
>>
File: gungan-gunslinger.jpg (50KB, 595x600px) Image search: [Google]
gungan-gunslinger.jpg
50KB, 595x600px
>>1548646
no problem bro, great job.
we'll keep the brotherhood alive, or perhaps we'll see you on the other side.
>>
>>1548640
When I said Thursday I meant to say Friday, I thought it was Tuesday for some reason, the point is I can't run the game for 2 days, so 1 PM Friday is when I'm back, sorry about that, I didn't notice I got it wrong until now.
>>
Imma keep thread alive
>>
>>1548874
bamping for the brotherhood.

we really need those elements.
>>
I have returned, long live the brotherhood.
>>
>>1555657
welcome back
>>
>>1555688
So what are we doing today?
>>
>>1555692
scouting for iron ore
>>
>>1555726
You've got a new pop, where's he going? Since you haven't actually cultivated land for farming yet he'd have to be a hunter gatherer to maintain sufficient food production.
>>
>>1555731
then he is a hunter gatherer don't want to starve.
>>
File: homonculi iron prospecting.png (133KB, 1632x1820px) Image search: [Google]
homonculi iron prospecting.png
133KB, 1632x1820px
>>1555746
Alright. You send one of your guards to scout the surrounding area for iron. He finds some red rock he thinks may be iron ore, but you can't be sure until you mine it. (the pink dots are the iron deposit)

Day 24

Population: 11 (+1 in 1 day)

Combat: Biomass gun, fire hardened spears, bows, shields, 1 suit leather armor

Breeder: 1
Wall builder: 2 (Wall finished in 1 day)
>>
>>1555758
cultivated land for farming
>>
>>1555783
Your hunter gatherers begin cultivating a hex of land, this can support 10 farmers. It will take 2 days, until then you can survive off your food stockpiles. Also, your wall has been finished, how will you reassign your builders?

Day 24

Population: 11 (+1 in 1 day)

Hunter gatherers: 5 (cultivating land for 2 turns)
Wall builder: 2 (Wall finished)
>>
And since you're at +1 pop a day at this point, it would be helpful if every day you would say how you're assigning the new population.
>>
>>1555790
1 builder to Guard
1 builder to Breeder
the new Population to mining iron
>>
>>1555816
Mining with what? You don't have any tools for that yet.
>>
>>1555836
my bad then we make some Mining tools and the new Population are Guards.
>>
>>1555867
Alright, who will produce the tools and with what material?
>>
>>1555878
1 Researcher and 1 Guard material rock
>>
>>1555891
Alright. You begin work on tools, they should be done by tomorrow.

Day 24

Population: 12 (+1 in 1 day)

Fortifications: Stake perimeter, traps, wall

Hunter gatherers: 5 (cultivating land for 1 turns)
Breeder: 2
Tool Making: 2 (Done in 1 day)
>>
>>1555899
new Population Researcher
Research how to make Biomass gun
>>
>>1555911
You begin to research how to make more biomass guns. Your land is done being cultivated and your mining tools are done. You're going to need to reassign a lot of population now so I'll let you do that before I put the next day update up. Remember, a farmer can support 2.5 people including himself.
>>
>>1555923
5 Hunter gatherers to farmers
2 Tool Making to miners
>>
>>1555930
You have a population of 13, 5 farmers can support 12.5, if you brought it up to 6 farmers they'd be able to support your population all the way up to 15.
>>
>>1555933
1 Breeder to farmer
>>
File: homunculi farms.png (135KB, 1632x1820px) Image search: [Google]
homunculi farms.png
135KB, 1632x1820px
>>1555944
Alright. Your research on biomass guns continues. Your miners begin to harvest iron ore, but you have no way of utilizing it yet. I forgot about your leather armor, you now have 3 suits.

Day 25

Population: 13 (+1 in 1 day)

Technology: Basic hunting, basic gathering, basic fishing, reproduction, bows, improved arrows, crossbows, basic agriculture, basic mining

Combat: Biomass gun, fire hardened spears, bows, shields, 3 suits leather armor

Fortifications: Stake perimeter, traps, wall

Farmers: 6
Researchers: 2
Miners: 2
>>
>>1555955
1 Guard
make a blacksmith forge
more biomass guns research
>>
>>1555976
Alright, what are you building the forge with? And what are tou going to use as fuel.
>>
>>1555986
make the forge with stone use wood as fuel
>>
>>1555999
Alright, unfortunately I have to get off for today, unless there's a change of plans tomorrow's is 3 pm CST.
>>
>>1556015
okay have a good day.
>>
There's been a change of plans, I have a job interview to attend today and I can't QM. If someone would like to continue the story of the brotherhood by replacing me as QM I'd encourage that, as I'm not going to have very much time over the next week.
>>
>>1556025
>>1559364
Rocks fall, nobody died...

What do?

Sorry, just wanted to screw around. Got another quest to work on. Hopefully the thread lives...
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.