[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Mettle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 24

File: RM1.png (107KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM1.png
107KB, 800x600px
You are Ingmar The Watchful, you are a man-at-arms within your lord's retinue.

You are currently a part of the garrison within the city of Bevereik.

At the moment you are on patrol around the southern area of the city.
>>
>>1528429
Are we the guy on the left or right?
>>
File: RM2.png (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM2.png
101KB, 800x600px
Today your accompanied by Sir Richmut Of Drazon.
A very charismatic man who serves the same lord as you.

The chatty man has seen quite a few battles himself, under the banner of your lord and as usual spends the evening telling you a few instances of the Battle for the Red Keep.

You are quite fond of his stories, but today something else is on your mind...

You heard that the local Inn, The Blue Bear, is hosting a show from a wizard!

You've been eager all day to go see if it's true, as it's common knowledge for their kind to be studying in towers and such...

You wonder whether Richmut has heard of the wizard as well...

>>1528443
You're the shorter fellow on the left
>>
>>1528460
We still have a job to do. Vigilance is paramount. But looking for an appropriate moment of silence, we should ask: "hear theres a wizard in town, been meanin' to see for myself."
>>
>>1528469
Well thats really a statement. You get the jist.
>>
>>1528460
Ask Richmunt if he wants to go see the wizard with you later.
>>
File: RM3.png (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM3.png
112KB, 800x600px
>>1528469
>>1528473
>>1528479
Having decided on asking Richmut on regards of the wizard you politely interrupt your friend's story.

"Pardon me Richmut, but have you heard what's going on tonight at the Blue Bear?" you say.

"Oh you've heard as well have you?" He says happily opening another subject for conversation

"Why yes I have, Luther of The Crimson Tower is coming to town to perform, it sounds like an exciting show!" He says with anticipation.

But before you can suggest to go see it with him he beats you to it.
"We should go see it!" Says Richmut.

You nod and seeing your approval he pridefully begins another story, but this time it's got something to do with wizards...
>>
File: RM4.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM4.png
91KB, 800x600px
Later on in the afternoon you prepare in your personal quarters to go into town.

Having put away your armor and heavy equipment, you have adorned your civilian wear, including pouch and dagger.
But before you leave...

Is there anything you want to bring with you, or anything you'd like to do?
>>
>>1528627
A bandoiler with extra pouches, and a memoir from childhood. A little necklace for goodluck.
>>
>>1528627
Love the art, OP.
>>
>>1528667
this, inside the necklace is a portrait of our
grandpappy, giving a toothless grin
>>
File: RM5.png (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM5.png
92KB, 800x600px
>>1528667
>>1528707
As you make your way out of the lord's castle and into the city streets, you notice that the air has become a comfortable heat even during the late afternoons, meaning that the warmer seasons are soon to be.

As you progress you also see how most citizens are either heading home or closing down shop, people are saying their goodbyes.

With a little while to go until you reach the Blue Bear is there anywhere else you'd like to visit?
>>1528700
I'm glad you like the art :^)
>>
>>1528770
>>1528667
Forgot to mention, you have put on the family necklace and bandoiler, giving you more personal storage space as well as your necklace giving you pride in your family's history.
>>
>>1528770
lets stop at the local tavern, take in the mood of the city and get a drink
>>
>>1528802
Flirt with local tavern wenches as well.
>>
>>1528776
Tavern, let us take the pulse of the city.
>>
File: RM6.png (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM6.png
105KB, 800x600px
>>1528882
>>1528802
As you continue on your way to the Blue Bear to meet Richmut you wonder whether you should stop by anywhere else beforehand.

"A drink from a tavern would be great right now" You think to yourself.

With a parched throat you decide to head to the Blue Bear, the local Inn, where they serve delicious beer and wine.
And they're renown wenches you ponder while smiling.

As you arrive at the entrance to the tavern you meet up with Richmut.

With a cheery greeting you shake his hand and as you do so he says in a sarcastic tone "Forgive me Ingmar, my big mouth has caught the attention of my wife and now she wants to see this wizard for herself"

Upon hearing this the woman beside him gives him a tap to the chest and quickly says "Don't listen to him Ingmar, I was the one who told him about the wizard this morning" She says with a proud smile on her face

"Anyhow it's great to see you again"

You chuckle and say "The same to you Ishilde"

Ishilde, Richmut's wife, can only be described as a ray of sunshine. Her personality just brings out a smile of everyone she meets.
Especially Richmut.

"Oh I also have another guest" Richmut says

"You remember my daughter Sigune don't you"

As Richmut spoke he points to a shorter woman behind him, she has blond hair like her mother but keeps it in a long braid.
She seems to be hiding her face from you.

"Hello Sigune, how have you been" You greet towards her.

"Fine thank you!" She squeaks out quickly.

As a long pause passes Richmut interjects "It seems she's still a little shy... We'll no point waiting any longer let's head on in!"

As the three of them enter the tavern you follow suit...
>>
>>1528990
Oh man, shy blondes. That there's a weakness of mine. Time to ignore wenches.
>>
File: RM7.png (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM7.png
92KB, 800x600px
As you all enter you quickly encounter the familiar scent of liquor and candle smoke, you've made it to the inn.

All four of you decide to make your way to the nearest, and cleanest table you can find.

As you each take a seat, you are all quickly served a pint of ale that quickly refreshes your particularly dry throat.

After a mouthful of all you notice that the tavern is extra packed tonight, without peering at individuals you can tell that the wizard show has attracted a big crowd.

Now that you are seated and satiated with drink, you ask a bar-maid when the show will begin, she says it's gonna start later then expected.

What do you do to pass the time before the show?
>>
>>1529204
Talk to Sigune. Ask how she's been doing, is she excited to see the show, all that fun stuff.
>>
>>1529234
Seconding.
>>
Gonna go to sleep
I'll continue this tmrw
>>
>>1529257
Gnite. Also, didn't say this but love the art.
>>
>>1529204
drink more
get gropey
>>
>>1529257
Night.
>>
>>1529269
Don't be a boor.
>>
>>1529234
Supporting this. Lay off on the alcohol a bit. No need to get senseless too soon.
>>
>>1529280
We're a guard. Habitual awareness is the name of the game. It's in our title.
>>
>>1529269
Hell naw, watchfulness = life
>>
File: RM8.png (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM8.png
97KB, 800x600px
>>1529234
>>1529253
As you settle into your seat and enjoy your beverage you notice Sigune sitting beside you seems to be less nervous since she's had some ale.

Curious as to how she's doing, you welcome her a second time "Sigune it's nice to see you again" You say.

"It's very nice to see you too Ingmar The Watchful" She greets back with your full name, well with your well-known title.

You chuckle and reply in a sarcastically sad tone "I see you don't call me brother anymore has it really been so long"

"Well your not my brother Ingmar!" She says bringing a smile to her face "I only called you that as a child and I'm an adult now!" She states proudly almost like an answer to a question.

After some thought you jokingly say "Oh I remember when you we're so short during your childhood. By the time I myself was a man you we're barely above my shoulder."

"Well that's the past!" She interjects rather sharply with glint of embarrassment.

With enough fooling around you ask her how she is lately "Anyhow Sigune, how have you been since our last meeting?"

"I've been living quite a pleasant life Ingmar The Watchful, the farm has been bountiful as ever and I even helped our healthiest cow birth an adorable calf!" She says with glee.

"I've also been interested in divine arts, mother says I have a knack to be the next high priestess..." She mutters shyly as if to impress someone.

As you continue chatting with Sigune you rest at ease knowing that she's enjoying her adulthood as she should.

You never found the opportunity to ask her why she came to the show, but with her mention of the divine arts you're not surprise she'd be eager to see a magical show.

You guess that there's just a little while before the show starts, is there anything else you'd like to do?
>>
>>1532309
I don't know, we could continue to talk with her.

Jesus, we have a beautiful moustache
>>
>>1532309
Flip a coin or two. Keep talking

eyes and ears searching any fucking crevice or escape path. Shadowrun constantly
>>
>>1532309

Keep talking, she's cute
>>
We are going to watch the SHIT outta this Wizard.
Have a reputation to uphold.
>>
>>1532309
>>1532343
>>1532380
>>1532527
Support. Ask her about what she thinks of wizards and if she thinks magic is real.
>>
>>1532602
This. Glad to come back and find my brother anons supporting watchfulness.
>>
>>1532309
Also, this picture makes it look like she's staring super hard at our chest. I guess we'd be ripped, being a guard and all that.
>>
>>1532657
Well, and our mustache is fine as all get out
>>
>>1532309
>As you settle into your seat and enjoy your beverage you notice Sigune sitting beside you seems to be less nervous since she's had some ale.
>>1532657
>Also, this picture makes it look like she's staring super hard at our chest. I guess we'd be ripped, being a guard and all that.
>>1532662
>Well, and our mustache is fine as all get out
"Hey Sigune, my mustache is up here."
>>
>>1532700
>>
File: 1488698214127.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1488698214127.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>1532700
>>
>>1532602
supportan.
>>
File: RM9.png (100KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
RM9.png
100KB, 600x800px
>>1532343
>>1532380
>>1532462

You decide to keep up the conversation with Sigune while you wait for the show to commence soon.

But at the same time, you decide to use your watchfulness to your advantage and plot out a map of the tavern, mainly to determine where each points of exit are.
Just to be safe and watchful after all.

Later on after you've both had a few drinks, (mainly Sigune) everyone in the tavern notices all the candles slowly go out one by one.

Soon after the room is pitch black, except for a single floating ember at the center of the room.

Being the only light source it caught everyone's attention.

You also all saw it slowly grow larger...
>>
File: RM10.png (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM10.png
92KB, 800x600px
>>1532814

As the flame grew ever larger, it soon started to gain height and float towards the stage.
With all the eyes following it, it soon came to everyone's attention that a man's head was slowly emerging from the growing ember.

As the face with a charming smile rose out of the fire so did his shoulders, and soon after his lower torso until the flame finally rested beneath his knees, resembling a man with burning legs.

As he continued to float ever towards the tavern stage, he held onto his charismatic grin, as well as a large cloak in his left hand, most likely his own.

Naturally the people in the tavern surrounded the floating caster, and although many we're quite impressed to the point of silence, others cheered and excitement soon filled the inn.

The Wizard is here...
>>
>>1532814
>Just to be safe and watchful after all.
Nice. Be ready to help anyone overly intoxicated out of the tavern in the case of a sudden fire. In a calm and orderly fashion of course.
>>
File: RM11.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM11.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>1532638
>>1532602

Once on the stage the mysterious wizard immediately began spouting verses in a smooth and foreign tongue.

As each phrase left his lips a spell would be cast and it's effect would be awed by the spectators.

One of them made his shadow come to life and act on it's own!
Another made a two-headed eagle come forth from the darkness surrounding the inn!
A third made a wooden mug fly across the room to right above the man's own shoulder!

All this was done without a single hint of fatigue, nor a flex of a muscle.
It was quite obvious to those who we're watchful that this man right here was a professional user of the arcane.
Many stories are heard of those who pursue the craft to succumb to an early death due to stress on the body and mind, to see someone perform it so simply proves a certain amount of strength.

As the show continues spectators get as close as they can to the stage, captivated by the true wonder of magic.

"Hey Sigune look the wiza-"

"BY KOL'S RED DAGGER, ITSH THE WIZARD INGMAR LUUK!" Says Sigune, drunk as can be.

Seems she had too much time to drink before the show, you feel a bit of sorrow for her, seeing that she wanted to bare witness to arcane magic a few moments ago.
You doubt she'll remember any of this...

As the show has just begun what do you do?
>>
>>1532833
Order Sigune a glass of water, will help with the inevitable hangover. Enjoy the show with her, continue vigilance.
>>
>>1532833
Keep an eye on Sigune, she's drunk after all

Also, watch the wizard so you can catch if anything spooky happens
>>
>>1532833
>As the show continues spectators get as close as they can to the stage, captivated by the true wonder of magic.
Shit nigga, magic's real!

>>1532859
>>1532866
>>1532832
Support. Use our watchful remedies for whatever we did to keep ourselves from being drunk on the job.
>>
File: RM12.png (83KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM12.png
83KB, 800x600px
>>1532859
>>1532866
>>1533052

After having a quick laugh at Sigune's behaviour you finally get the attention of a bar-maiden and ask for a cup of water for Sigune's recovery.

Once you receive the water and place it on the table you notice that there is already something occupying it...

You see that Sigune has fallen asleep on the table and shows no signs of waking up.

As that image brings a smile to your face, it is soon replaced by a frown as you hear a certain shriek of fear coming from the stage.

As you redirect your gaze to the show you see the source of the scream was none other than the wizard himself.

And rightfully so, because it seems someone has swiftly hopped onto the stage, short-sword in his right hand, and has grabbed the caster's hair with his left.

It seems the crowd is in shock or is just plain confused at the moment since all this is happening so fast.

Seems the show might come to an end...
What do you do?
>>
>>1533105
Quickly leap into action, take glass of water and draw our dagger. Shout at the assailant to get his attention. Then throw the glass at his head. Move to subdue or if need be kill.
>>
>>1533105
Subdue the villain! Respect the women present and do not kill
>>
>>1533105
I second >>1533121 , but I also want to get Richmut to help
>>
>>1533126
He'll help I'm sure. The villain is already about to kill though, no time to wait.
>>
>>1533105
>>1533121
>>1533126
Support. Get the others to move out of the way and evacuate from the local area, we don't need them in the crossfire of this fight.
We take the front to distract, Richmut takes the sides to subdue?
Can we use our man-at-arms garrison credentials to stop the in progress murder?
>>
>>1533155
We're Ingmar the Watchful. Duly deputized guard. Stopping murders before they begin is well within our purview. No time to evacuate or read him his rights. Trust our good friend to handle the rest.
>>
>>1533166
Damn that sounds like a good description for us.
>>1533105
>>1533121
>>1533155
Anyways, yeah, from the image Richmut already sees the attempted murderer. Getting the others to move out of the way and having Richmut join in would fall under shouting at the villain before charging in, so that works.
We've worked together long enough to do those silent gestures on flanking someone, right? I think we could do that before going in so he knows the plan.
>>
File: RM13.png (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM13.png
85KB, 800x600px
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>1533145
>>1533126
>>1533125
>>1533184

As the crowd begins to grasp the situation, both you and Richmut rise from your seats with a sense of authority.

"Everyone get out!" Yells Richmut, with no charismatic tone to be found.

"STOP!" You shout to the sword wielding man, as you simultaneously grab the glass of water on the table, arching your arm preparing to throw.
In addition, you unsheath your dagger and you assume that Richmut has aswell.

But before you're shout can get a reply from the assailant it instead get's a loud shriek of pain.

It seems a brave fellow hopped on stage with the same intent of subduing the wizard-grabber, but he got a nasty stab to the chest, and without a moment's rest he let out a solid yelp of horror.

It seems the wizard-assaulter does not want to be stopped.
You throw the glass, aiming for a quick and clean hit.

(Rolling to hit with glass of water)
>>
>>1533264
Okay, lethal force is now warranted. Richmut or his wife may be able to perform triage. Luckily Sigune is asleep for this.
>>
>>1533274
Regardless of whether or not the glass hits, we have to go after this guy. Feint high, attack low. Go for the femoral artery.
>>
>>1533294
Supporting
>>
File: RM14.png (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM14.png
79KB, 800x600px
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>1533301
>>1533294

You unwind your arm and with a whistle through the air you know you've delivered a powerful throw.

Unfortunately rather then his head, the glass strikes him in his upper right chest.

He flinches and catches his breath after the heavy hit was delivered to his torso.

As he was recuperating you and Richmut quickly approach the stage and hop on, trying to flank the man in a sort of miniature pincer attack.

Yet as you approach the man sees his situation and with heavy frustration slams the pommel of his blade on the wizard's head, the hit lands on his right eye and with a sound comparable to a mallet hitting meat you know it is a gruesome blow.
The wizard goes unconscious...

With his one hostage incapacitated the man drops the black eyed caster and prepares to fight his two foes.

You decide to go first with a high feint that will then switch to a lower blow...
You hope Richmut follows your lead.

(Rolling to perform attack action)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

Rolling for Richmut's action
>>
>>1533385
So, we don't get to roll for ourselves? Just realized with the glass throw. Some do best of 3. No worries. Also uh oh Richmut.
>>
>>1533264
>>1533385
Oh. We were supposed to vote on our actions? I thought we were waiting to resolve the thrown glass action.
>>
>>1533408
Well California had suggested earlier to feint high and attack low, and you had tagged him supporting, I had assumed you'd thought that was a good plan

>>1533404
That sounds fair, for the next actions I'll ask you guys to roll.
>>
>>1533418
>Well California had suggested earlier to feint high and attack low, and you had tagged him supporting, I had assumed you'd thought that was a good plan
>>1533301
Oh no, that was another anon who supported. Had I of voted I would've done the same, so no worries. It was a good plan.

>>1533418
>That sounds fair, for the next actions I'll ask you guys to roll.
Got it, boss.
>>
>>1533418
Amusingly enough, both those anons had yellow IDs just different numbers.
>>
>>1533445
>Oh no, that was another anon
Whoops your completely right
the I.D. looked like the same color my bad
>>
>>1533459
That's because they are the same. Nuts.
>>
>>1533459
>>1533470
Well mine's more like a dark orange and his is more like a dark yellow, but that's easy to mistake unless they're right next to each other.

>>1533294
>Regardless of whether or not the glass hits, we have to go after this guy. Feint high, attack low. Go for the femoral artery.
>Go for the femoral artery.
On another note, were you recently on Fallout New Vegas Quest? I didn't expect to see another line like that so soon.
>>
>>1533491
No, I enjoy the premise and New Vegas is my favorite Fallout but...the quest hasn't kept my attention. Don't know why.
>>
>>1533491
I can see why the line works, my grandfathers brother was a knife fighter on the res. Had some interesting bits of wisdom. Bit more colorful though.
>>
>>1533498
Ah, a shame. I wouldn't know either, but I personally like it because of the density of discussions that I'd only find at Hive Queen Quest at the moment.
>>1533516
It was more like a joke at armor design at the time, I could link you to it if you want.
>>
>>1533531
Sure. Always down to read.
>>
>>1533385
>>1533418
So uh, are we making any new votes or are we waiting for this one to resolve? I don't think there's anything we can change for the plans.
>>
>>1533531
The one I'm most involved in is Mecha Space Pirate Quest. Been there near the beginning.
>>
>>1533537
I was waiting to be told to roll myself.
>>
File: RM15.png (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM15.png
97KB, 800x600px
>>1533301
>>1533294

As you approach the enemy leading the attack, you arch your dagger high looking ready to strike with a downward stab.

As soon as you see the assailant lift his sword to intercept your strike you immediately aim lower and beneath his block.

Your strike reaches him with a lot of force but your slightly amiss from your mark, you do a downward slice on his left thigh.

As you maintain your gaze on your foe you see the pain course through him quickly, it's a long cut after all.

But as you see the pain go away his sword arm raises to attack...

(Someone roll for enemy's hit 1d10)

>>1533389
During all this Richmut tries to maintain eye contact with the enemy, but he's having a bit of trouble having only one eye to intimidate with...
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1533551
Low low low.
>>
>>1533555
Shibby.
>>
>>1533551
Also holy shit the art for this is dope. The guard on his weapon is legit.
>>
>>1533535
>>1511536
In which Fallout QM ribs on the developers on their choice of vanilla armor design.
>>1533516
>>1533551
Interesting. If you have any more wisdom for us so Mr. Murderer doesn't shank us, I'm all for it.

>>1533551
>During all this Richmut tries to maintain eye contact with the enemy, but he's having a bit of trouble having only one eye to intimidate with...
So wait, what is Richmut doing?

>>1533551
>(Someone roll for enemy's hit 1d10)
Does only one roll, or all of us?
>>
>>1533586
Got a giggle outta me. Game devs aren't always good with armor design.

More wisdom...well, should I use his language instead?

I'm guessing he's waiting for the best moment to grab the bastard. Grabbing a man with an edged weapon primed to swing is bad news.
>>
>>1533602
>More wisdom...well, should I use his language instead?
Whichever works best, mate. I'd imagine his language might make the translation easier, if it wasn't made as a part of drunken ramblings, that is.
>I'm guessing he's waiting for the best moment to grab the bastard. Grabbing a man with an edged weapon primed to swing is bad news.
Oh. To finish him off or arrest him?

>>1533516
>on the res.
On the rest means on the matter, right? I don't hear terminology like that often.
>>
>>1533635
On the res mean on the reservation. Indian Reservation in America. Basically a ghetto.

He fought other people with knives for money, so he can get food and booze. Mostly food.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>1533555
Rolling for backup.
>>1533516
And is res reservation?
>>
>>1533551
>(Someone roll for enemy's hit 1d10)
>>1533644
>Rolled 10 (1d10)
>>>1533555
>Rolling for backup.
You fool! That was the enemy's chance to hit!
>>
>>1533643
Anyhow. From the mouth of the meanest full blooded indian covered in scars...

"I like it when a guy comes at me with a knife and I've got nothin, I'll take it and stick it up his ass!"

Translation: More often than not, if your opponent is armed and you're unarmed they focus solely on using that weapon. Feel free to hurt them and take that weapon at your leisure.
>>
>>1533654
Poop
Mah bad.
Missed it sorry.
Need to stop reading so many qsts at once.
>>
>>1533665
Wait, I rolled for the enemy's hit yea? my 3 was good. Please?
>>
File: RM16.png (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM16.png
67KB, 800x600px
>>1533555

His swing was clumsy and rushed, even from your unfavorable position it was very easy dodge out of the way.

As you prepare for your next action you see Richmut has made it behind the enemy, giving him an advantage.

What will your action be?

(Someone decide on an action and roll 1d10 for it)

(Someone roll a 1d10 +1 for Richmut's next action)

That's gonna be all for tonight
I'll be back tmrw.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>1533672

Go for the clavicle
>>
>>1533672
Night.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1533672
Ingmar disable his right arm (weapon arm) with a stab to the inner elbow. It's closest to us.
>>
>>1533672
>>1533671
Phew, we didn't get rekt this time.
>>1533665
Heh. It's fine, it didn't go through.

>>1533644
>And is res reservation?
Oh nice, you got it at nearly the same time he mentioned it.

>>1533664
>Translation: More often than not, if your opponent is armed and you're unarmed they focus solely on using that weapon. Feel free to hurt them and take that weapon at your leisure.
But what about getting stabbed over getting punched?
>>
>>1533677
Please say that's for Richmut.
>>
>>1533684
Getting punched is always preferable to getting stabbed anon. It's just the first moments of a fight can mean a lot, if the dude/dudette is super focused on using the knife over anything else...you can hopefully overwhelm them and take said knife. Because sometimes they overcommit.
>>
>>1533672
Night OP.
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>1533672
>>1533677
>>1533687
If it doesn't, Richmut can backstab his common carotid artery, or just his neck.
>>
>>1533706
I just mean if he got that 9 for Richmut and I got the 8 for Ingmar...it's game over for mister murderer.
>>
>>1533713
Yeah, I hope so too. That was just in case.
>>1533697
Ah, right. How does one ensure they overcommit in those situations?

>>1533672
Thanks for the session, QM.
>>
>>1533713
Because OP wanted us to specify who is rolling for what and all that jazz.
>>
>>1533715
You can't exactly predict a humans reaction, but by and large an armed human feels superior to an unarmed one, so if you can feint or better yet straight up counter attack you're golden. But he always stressed, a cut is just a cut if you get away alive. Or the other guy is down. So act like a coward back off, throw some shit attacks. Until he goes for that shitty stab or overhead and then go for the kill. Or just fuck off and punch him in the throat if you can and run.
>>
>>1533737
Ah, so play into their arrogance. Thanks for the advice, this is something we could use later.
>Or just fuck off and punch him in the throat if you can and run.
Kek.

>>1528627
>>1533672
It's a good thing we auto-brought that dagger along, huh?
>>
>>1533780
I tend to have a knife on me at all times.
>>
>>1534143
I have multiclassed into knife
>>
File: RM17.png (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM17.png
92KB, 800x600px
>>1533677

With his guard wide open and his balance aloof, you prepare to strike back.

With speed and dexterity you quickly bring the dagger down and into his right collar bone, piercing his flesh deeply, truly a gruesome blow.

Immediately as you do so his head shoots up in pain and his eyes look at the point of impact.

As he begins to register what has happened to him he soon begins to wheeze out each breath, as if his lung has been punctured.

Within moments he is on the ground, feeble and weak he nonetheless retains a fragile grip on his sword like a mother to her precious child.

Sword in grip he slowly crawls away from you and towards the unconscious wizard, but after what seems to be barely 2 feet of distance he coughs blood and his head falls flat on the ground.

Now his body lay still and motionless on the stage, except for his back that slowly arches up in down between hurried breaths...

Your foe is gravely wounded, you have won the fight unscathed, very impressive!

What do you do now?
>>
>>1537587
Stop the bleeding
Stoooooop the bleeding. Tell ruport to ensure the situation is defused. Tournequet and pad the wounds, leave the dagger in the assailant's wound so the woundchannel isnt widened.

First things first. Then we might search the bodies etc investigate further.
>>
>>1537706
>ruport
Richmunt I mean.
>>
>>1533264
>>1537587
>>1537706
>>1537720
What about the other vigilante that got shanked earlier? What's his condition?
>>
File: RM18.png (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM18.png
77KB, 800x600px
>>1537706
>>1537736

"If the assailant is dead we'll never get answers" you think to yourself.

Quickly, you approach the still corpse of the wizard-nabber and flip him around to assess his health.

As you turn the body his grip releases and the sword drops to his side.
You observe the man and see that he is pale and unconscious.
On his right collar-bone is a stab wound oozing blood, his left leg has a long cut and finally there is blood dripping from his mouth.

As efficiently as you can you cut off his left sleeve and make a tourniquet for the wound to at least stop or diminish the bleeding.
As the tourniquet is put in place you see it darken with red and understand that his bleeding is diminished but not stopped.

You put your ear to his mouth and try to listen for any breaths but none appear...

Seeing that you've done all you can for the moment you decide to inspect the previous vigilante who tried to stop the sword-wielder beforehand.

You see him sitting by a wall on stage, grasping his chest wound with a pale hand, but a tight grip nonetheless.

From what you can see he is whispering to himself, as you approach and listen you understand that it's a prayer to one or multiple gods...

In addition, now that the situation has calmed down you decide to scan the inn, and as expected it is barren and evacuated by everyone.

What do you do now?
>>
>>1537907
Ask Wizard if he can stabilize the man.
Ask our partner to go and get some help, if the evacuated civilians haven't already.
Stay in the room and protect the crime scene, lets see how the situation will unfold.
>>
>>1538110
Pretty sure the wizard is unconscious. Lets just first aid the fuck out of everybody either way.
>>
>>1537907
First things first, move sword away from the would be murderer. Second send Richmut out for help, better yet perhaps his wife went for help already. Third secure the area, nobody gets in except for emergency services and other duly appointed guardsmen.
>>
>>1534143
Only the one? Pfft.
>>1534583
This guy gets it, he IS the knife.
>>
>>1533780
Now you're picking up what I'm puttin down.
>>
File: RM19.png (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM19.png
127KB, 800x600px
>>1538326
>>1538110

As you stay on the stage protecting the crime scene, you wonder whether any of the evacuees alerted the guards...

But just as you have that thought three guards rush into the building weapons drawn.

Feeling relieved of the situation, Richmut informs you that he will be leaving to find his wife and daughter, you can see that he's quite worried.

"You know where to find me, I'll most likely be at my estate, goodnight Ingmar." He says

"Goodnight and stay safe." You reply to the man as he walks towards the exit

As Richmut leaves you notice what seems to be the sergeant of this particular retinue of guards begins to make his way over to you, probably to ask questions.

You're having trouble to determine who he is since he's wearing a visor but he seems to be walking towards you in a friendly manner, like he knows you...

What do you do?
>>
Gotta go,
will continue this tmrw
>>
>>1538635
See ya later OP.

Also, continue vigilance. State our name and occupation in a friendly and concise manner, inquire theirs. Afterwards request emergency medical aid for the wounded, as well as bindings for the would be murderer.
>>
>>1538343
Just the one on me, but the rest are spread out wherever I stay.
>>1538635
Greet him with a salute.
Salutes were originally the raising of visors to let others see the face and know they are friendlies.
Later OP.
>>
>>1538707
Supporting
>>
>>1538643
Too bad I wasn't there for the first session, this looks really good. Nice art too...
>>
>>1538635
Explain to the sergeant what has transpired.
>>
File: RM20.png (109KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM20.png
109KB, 800x600px
>>1540422
>>1539150
>>1538707

A you salute the approaching sergeant you remember him as soon as you see his face.

The man is Alwin The Dreadful, another retainer in this city's garrison.
They call him dreadful because his face is really pale almost as if he's always scared to death.
After patrolling with him a few times you know he's not actually a coward at all, he's just really fucking pale.
Although, he's stated multiple times that the name doesn't bother him.

"Another bar fight?" Alwin states as he makes his way towards you.

"Possibly, but I'm not sure" You reply honestly.

"hmm, did you see what happened?" Alwin says.

You then spend the next moment quickly explaining what transpired in the tavern, you skip the minute details as you tell the story.

"Well from what I understand the assailant is incapacitated, so hopefully we can get the inquisitor to interrogate him..." Says Alwin

"I'm sure you must be tired, good work subduing him we'll take over from here" He states and looks towards his companions carrying the wounded vigilante away.

"We'll get that guy checked by the surgeon... I pray he can recover from such a nasty wound" He states grimly.

With that said Alwin moves towards the assailant and begins assessing his next steps in securely clearing the scene.

Remembering Alwin's words you do feel a bit tired, maybe it's time to head home for some well needed rest...
But there are always other warm Inns for dark nights like these you think to yourself...

What do you do?
>>
>>1541263
Check on Ingmar and his family and see if you can crash on their couch.

If we have work tomorrow then it might be best to return to our home, but for that we need to know our work schedule. OP, could you give us a few details about our job?
>>
>>1541263
Did we confiscate the man's sword? Perhaps we should turn it in to act as more evidence. Mabye they can trace the markings or designs of it back to an assasins guild or luddite organization.

Other than that. Check up on our sister and our freinds. Make sure that nothing else in the street is happening.
>>
File: RMContext.png (110KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RMContext.png
110KB, 800x600px
>>1541350
You are Ingmar The Watchful.

You have your own personal quarters in your lord's castle as shown in
>>1528627

You're part of this city's garrison, so you are part of the army responsible for defending this city and following your lord's orders.

But, good question you remember that you have no patrols to do tomorrow, so it's an free-day for you to spend as you wish.
>>
>>1541420
>But, good question you remember that you have no patrols to do tomorrow, so it's an free-day for you to spend as you wish.
Er. I wouldn't know what to spend it on besides checking up on the wizard, vigilante, and the assailant. Or hanging out with Richmut and his family.
>>1541420
>You have your own personal quarters in your lord's castle as shown in
Sleep in our home for the night and ponder over what to do with our spare time?
>>
>>1541933
Pretty much this.
Shopping seems a bore. Guarding is standard bisuness. Private investigator on the side is pretty noice.
>>
>>1541420
I meant check on Richmut and his family. Perhaps at a later date we can buy tickets to a different wizarding show and bring the Richmut family with us. or just Sigune. :^)
>>
>>1542513

supporting. Maybe Richmut noticed something during the fight that we did not. Get our investigate on.
>>
>>1528429
hey op are you the same guy who ran the quests with the farmer's son and the elephants?
>>
>>1543226
Man that was a long time ago
but yeah that was me
>>
>>1544339
I thought your style looked familiar
you have a twitter or something?
>>
>>1546787
nah no twitter
>>1545362
I'll continue the quest tmrw finishing off other things tonight
>>
File: RM21.png (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RM21.png
70KB, 800x600px
>>1541933
>>1542058
>>1542513
>>1543076

You are conflicted on what to do next...

You feel a bit tired and you're sure that having a good sleep in your quarters would be much needed after such a stressful day.

On the other hand you're worried about your friend Richmut and whether his family is safe in the end. You're sure that if you took one of the city horses you could make it to his estate in an hour...

Which option do you choose in the end?

Or do you do something completely different?
>>
>>1549761
Check on Richmut. Perhaps you can crash on his couch if it comes to it.
>>
>>1549761
>>1550017
2nd, protect our friends.
>>
>>1550017
Supporting
>>
>>1550017
Yeah, friends matter.
>>
Bumperino.
>>
>>1549761
>>1553083
We've been past autosage for 3 days. QM might want to consider starting a new thread soon.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.