[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 56

File: qst.png (22KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
qst.png
22KB, 250x245px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense) https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This wiki gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general. Additions are encouraged.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
What's an interesting mechanic you would like to implement in your quest?

>Player Question
What are some interesting mechanics you've seen in quests?
>>
File: 1298938_large.jpg (401KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
1298938_large.jpg
401KB, 940x705px
Class is in session at the Arcanum Extranimus. It's magic; I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>1526973
>>
File: nova-tactical-shotgun-12-gauge.png (126KB, 1004x353px) Image search: [Google]
nova-tactical-shotgun-12-gauge.png
126KB, 1004x353px
So yeah, Shooty Crime-y Mischief Shenanigans with a hint of cyberpunk(maybe?) and maybe other stuff that strikes my fancy down the line, what do you guys think?
>>
>>1528412
>>1528412
>>1528412

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now up.
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
An update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/30-A-hero-should-only-be-one/XFMpzuaivwm87CH6K
Indulging in melancholy
>>
So, I have a question for all the QMs ITT. I haven't really run much since the shift over from /tg/. I've done a few things but nothing long-term, and there's a major problem I've been running across: Lack of players voting.

In my experience running stuff on /qst/, I notice sometimes there'll only be two or three people posting in a thread and voting, and there's no guarantee there'll be a consensus (like, if there's three options and three people voting, they might all vote for different options). The problem with this is that sometimes, it'll take upwards of 30 minutes for someone else to vote and break the tie. What do you do in that situation? I'd rather not have to wait over an hour before posting an update, cause I've noticed people will start to lose interest if it takes too long for a QM to post.

While I'm at it, I suppose I should just ask: How do you attract more players (besides the obvious stuff of "Be a good QM and have an interesting premise"). On /tg/ it was fairly easy because people would see a quest in the catalog and pop in to see if they like it, but with /qst/'s low traffic there doesn't seem to be as many people joining quests that aren't already big. How do you attract a fair amount of players if you're starting something new, just so the ball can get rolling without major delays to wait for players?
>>
>>1528751
I wouldn't say I'm experienced at all since I've only run for two years, but I have been on qst since day one, and I love the sound of my own voice so much that if it wasn't for societal standards I'd fuck my own face, so I'll give my piece.

>there's a major problem I've been running across: Lack of players voting.

I'd say that's a compounding problem. It isn't very fun playing by yourself. It isn't fun to get invested in a collaborative interactive story if nobody else is there to talk about it with you. If nobody talks to each other, why post at all? Just read it when it does update or drop it when it dies. /qst/ is a patient board, after all. You can come back to a thread a whole week later and it'll still be there. If you're just in it for the reading material then it doesn't matter.

The readers not participating matters a whole lot since through imprecise and shoddy polls, it has been determined that almost 50% of /qst/'s population is lurkers.

>In my experience running stuff on /qst/, I notice sometimes there'll only be two or three people posting in a thread and voting, and there's no guarantee there'll be a consensus (like, if there's three options and three people voting, they might all vote for different options).

There can be additional problems, I've seen, where low participation threads might have people voting for things they don't really want, just to avoid a tie. This wears on the spirit, I think, since it's a particularly insidious way for votes to suddenly feel like they don't matter.

>The problem with this is that sometimes, it'll take upwards of 30 minutes for someone else to vote and break the tie. What do you do in that situation? I'd rather not have to wait over an hour before posting an update, cause I've noticed people will start to lose interest if it takes too long for a QM to post.

If you really want to start the ball rolling, you have a roll-off between the tied results. Flip a coin. Sometimes you can combine them into one thing, which works even if it's messy. If you're like me and you're a stubborn piece of shit, you don't do anything but wait and pray for somebody to break the tie.

>While I'm at it, I suppose I should just ask: How do you attract more players (besides the obvious stuff of "Be a good QM and have an interesting premise").

Shill. Shill a lot. Also, write in an engaging manner. A good premise literally does not matter for dick fuck all if your writing rests somewhere between warm turds and a distended asshole.

Pictures also help because we're a species with ADHD and we like to look at things, even if the things are crappy. If they're original content then it's even better because then the players know what shit's supposed to look like and it's fun.
>>
>>1528751
>>1528834
>On /tg/ it was fairly easy because people would see a quest in the catalog and pop in to see if they like it, but with /qst/'s low traffic there doesn't seem to be as many people joining quests that aren't already big.

There also isn't nearly enough time to read and get invested in every ten-cent quest here. A lot of big threads also require a ton of reading to catch up, cutting time more. It helps a lot if you, like said before, shill, and even better if you have other people shilling for you. I try to get discussion about quests here rolling whenever I'm not shitposting, partially to discuss things and see who did what and who fucked up or whatever, and also in the vain hope that I'll see somebody actually talk about my shit spattered writing abortion.

If you have no standards you can just pretend to be anon and ask what people think about X quest. Or, if you have a set of testicles, you do it openly under your name and have no shame.

>How do you attract a fair amount of players if you're starting something new, just so the ball can get rolling without major delays to wait for players?

The biggest thing not to fuck up are the first few threads, because that's where your enduring playerbase is born. If you fuck up, and persist for no reason and eventually unfuck it, it does not matter one lick of a lollipop if it becomes amazing, because now you're at thread 20 and nobody wants to catch up just to play a dead quest.

So for the first thread, run fast, run hard, run long. Same for the second, and the third. After that you can relax some because /qst/ players are durable little cockroaches and will tolerate all the abuse and neglect you can fling as long as they like your material.
>>
>>1528324
I had an idea where people gain points from their vote posts. The points you get are the last two digits of your post-number.

Doubles rewards 100 points.

Then players would spend these points on 'points votes' where whichever option gets the most points spent towards it wins.

Points votes would be called whenever someone's point total is 1000 or higher.

Points votes would be for things like introducing new characters or plot elements in a story quest. Or for adding player created mechanics to a civ quest.

Probably too complicated to work, but those post-numbers are just sitting there doing nothing. Its what I thought up to use them.
>>
>>1529039
>Points votes would be for things like introducing new characters or plot elements in a story quest. Or for adding player created mechanics to a civ quest.
this is the part I find rather sketchy. too meta, and it doesn't scale upwards well.
>>
>>1529039
It's shit. You'll realize it with a second of thinking.
>>
>>1529069
I think it it had limits it could work.

Biggest problems I see are it just being confusing, people trying to cheat/miscount their points, and the problem of if points transfer over threads or not.

>>1529094
I mean, I see the obvious problems. But, care to explain exactly what you mean?

I've thrown this idea around in my head far longer than a second.
>>
>>1529109
I think it would be better if these points were in a pool that all players could spend to make things happen.
>>
>>1529123
If I understand you correctly, there be a preset cost for certain types of option, and they can vote to pick one?

I like it, a lot simpler.
>>
So . . . has anyone ever tried shilling around off /qst/? Like, is that disallowed on /tg/? Is there subreddit for quests? Am I retarded?
>>
File: 1471208236767s.jpg (3KB, 89x125px) Image search: [Google]
1471208236767s.jpg
3KB, 89x125px
What ever happened to the QM of that Samasarah or whatever it was called, quest, the one that saw these get made.
>>
File: increasingly nervous pepe.jpg (7KB, 239x229px) Image search: [Google]
increasingly nervous pepe.jpg
7KB, 239x229px
>>1529145
wait, no, that's not right, why is it for ants! Noooooooo!
>>
>>1529133
It's better than giving players the option of shitting up the thread with 100+ posts only to give themselves more power.
>>
>>1529149
Under my original idea you only get points when voting, not with every post.

Was thinking it might encourage lurkers to vote maybe. Or at least stop the whole no more votes after two votes for one option situation.

It wasn't the best idea but I did put some thought into it.
>>
>>1529133
But some gimmicks are better off unused.
>>
>>1529158
I think you might be underestimating lurkers. If you can't get them to vote, then maybe you haven't given them a vote worth voicing their opinion in.
>>
>>1529164
That's fair. Like I said, the idea has problems.

Just though extra encouragement might help add some 'worth', as you put it. Not going to go so far as to say 'it couldn't hurt' because it obviously can,

Just trying to think up a mechanic that uses post numbers, really.
>>
>>1528324
>What's an interesting mechanic you would like to implement in your quest?
Eventually I want to do a quest that's essentially an entire 'franchise'.

>What are some interesting mechanics you've seen in quests?
Muh genetics.
>>
>>1529144
You can use twitter, or even akun, if you're feeling like a particular scumbag.
>>
File: 291854712980516.jpg (67KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
291854712980516.jpg
67KB, 800x500px
Plugging one last time just for lack of readers - cause I don't want to have to just drop out of nowhere - Arcanum Extranimus is still live, and staying late after school. Join us for the humble beginnings of a Quest about an underachiever at a strange and often fatally-competitive university!
>>1526973
>>
>>1528834
>>1528849
Alright then, thanks for the advice. As for shilling, I guess I've -technically- been shilling the quest I want to run for the past couple threads, in that I've brought it up to ask for advice and check interest. I'm just about done with the worldbuilding though, so once that's done I'll probably start posting here. I'd like to aim for running on Sunday, but if waiting until next Sunday let's more potential players see and join in, I might just hold off until then.

Pic somewhat related, I'm planning to run a campaign set in fantasy not!Japan, centering on a wandering ronin looking to clear his family's name after his father was killed and framed for treason by the shogun.
>>
>>1530095
Cabal:Era Quest is up.
Join Smith on his adventures of trying to not die.
>>
>>1529838
>Eventually I want to do a quest that's essentially an entire 'franchise'.
>Muh genetics.
How crazy would I have to be to do a multigenerational quest that doubles as a eugenics simulator?
>>
>Crusader quest is kill
>>
>>1530256
All quests must end some day, anon.
>>
File: 700-TheFleets.jpg (221KB, 700x359px) Image search: [Google]
700-TheFleets.jpg
221KB, 700x359px
A story of heroes and men fighting in a war in the stars. This is the first thread and voting is open now.

>>1517805
>>
>>1530256

Didn't the Quest finish? There was an ending and all that.
>>
File: 1480504936238.jpg (105KB, 911x993px) Image search: [Google]
1480504936238.jpg
105KB, 911x993px
Using poal.me to register players votes

Discuss
http://poal.me/ju89zo
>[]Yes, a good idea
>[]Non, bad idea
>Write In ___
>>
File: qst thread generator.jpg (132KB, 1360x506px) Image search: [Google]
qst thread generator.jpg
132KB, 1360x506px
just wanted to share this one with you
>>
i have some rough ideas for a quest that would involve some kind of super powers. there will be different powers and the mc starts out with one
would players generally be fine with the power being decided or would they rather prefer to vote, even if the options are cryptic ?
>>
>>1530617
Just pick a power you like, most anons don't care about character generation.
>>
>>1530481
>Muskets in space
It's unique to say the least
>>
Any tips on running an army/war quest?
>>
>>1530635
Make mortality high
Research the horrors of war.
Learn to describe them with scratchy, dirty, ugly adjectives to get the feeling right
Create some good characters to be the MC's comrades, then eventually kill one and cripple the other.
War is brutal.
Come up with quick and merciless combat mechanics.
Make any wounds taken actually count. You'll die without quick medical care if someone stabs your stomach.
Get a good balance between moments of relative calm and all-out panic.
Remember that for this to work, the MC should be just another soldier, at least at the start. War has no place for special snowflakes.
>>
>>1530646
Thanks bruh.
Maybe a d100 crit active roll might a good choice.
Should I make strategic map or wait until the MC has higher rank.
>>
>>1530648
MC doesn't have to be a fresh soldier if you want your quest to put a bigger focus on tactics/strategy.
>>
>>1530650
Hmm...
I think ill choose fresh MC. It's a good way to get player invested
>>
>>1530648
Don't think a map will be needed until the MC has a higher rank, since you know, he's low rank and shouldn't ask many questions (not that his superiors would answer those questions anyway)
>>
>>1530660
basically just the debrief yeah?

anyways, it will be based on WW1
>>
>>1530662
A debrief will be enough, yeah.
Since it's based on WW1, consider checking out Otto Dix's paintings. He was a soldier in WW1 and his drawings shed some light on how war was viewed by soldiers and what happened to war cripples.
>>
would there be any interested in a yuro hour time thread, especially on weakdays ?
speaking 7.00 to 16.00 utc roughly here
>>
>>1530669
Thanks dude.
>>1530670
What's the quest?
I think most players are US
>>
>>1530672
>whats the quest
a mix between zombie and prototype, but i think a somewhat different take from most zombie stories
desu im not completely set on the story and setting at htis point
>>
>>1530489
Yes in a somewhat unsatisfying manner, one characters ambitions have neither failed nor succeeded and is left in the lurch on a rather massive high, another is left in a state where she'll be utterly miserable and used and abused in the exact same way she struggled to escape from, and one very specific relationship is left a mystery to never be concluded.

Only character really got to have a conclusive happy ending and that was Hugo
but then again Solomon literally breaking the game like the beautiful god of war he is makes me think he is also happy with his lot in life
>>
If I were to do a sort of muddy-water fantasy quest without too much in the way of monstergirls or anime gimmicks, do you guys think that it would get more than two viewers on the initial thread?
>>
>>1530907
I'm still waiting for something like AEQ.
>>
>>1530931
What is AEQ?
>>
>>1530933
Aspiring Emperor Quest.
>>
>>1530907
I'd check it out
>>
Finally running Saiyan Conqueror Quest if anyone's interested here:
>>1531019
>>
>>1530931
Empire building and logistics bogged down by terrible characters and players?
>>
We're back and live. Hope you've studied up.
>>1531389
>>
File: 12.1.png (1MB, 914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
12.1.png
1MB, 914x1280px
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/30-A-hero-should-only-be-one/XFMpzuaivwm87CH6K
The strong of the world
>>
File: 1443758441620.jpg (67KB, 506x506px) Image search: [Google]
1443758441620.jpg
67KB, 506x506px
>>1532387
>>1532387

Death Among the Stars 77 is up!
>>
>>1530907
>without too much
so will it or won't it?
>>
How's the speed of Akun compared to /qst/? Would slower writing speed wreck your chances there as hard as it would here?
>>
>>1533291
Nope. Not even a bit. There's quests that take an hour or so to update and you'll still likely get more votes than you would here, no offense. That said, depending on how you write, the text formatting is a bit more conductive to shorter posts SEEMING longer, in my opinion.
>>
File: Jorrat's Column.jpg (186KB, 903x597px) Image search: [Google]
Jorrat's Column.jpg
186KB, 903x597px
Trawler Quest is running!
>>1521639
>>
Can I ask some Anon's for a critique or feedback of my writing?

https://fiction.live/stories/DRAGE/NELDjJnpSRRLMHycF/home

You see, I'm a tabletop GM with a lot of experience running games by voice but I'm brand new to long-form writing like is needed in quests.

My quests keep getting almost no players.

I started this quest here on QST and got about three players for the first part, which was good. Then only one, I think, for the second.

So I moved the quest to Anonkun because they have a bigger audience.

I had about ten people express interest in the quest after the first post, and while running today's live session I had eight lurkers, but only one or two people were actually playing the entire live session.

It was well scheduled in advanced.

Anyway, if anyone is really kind and could maybe look over my writing or etc. and give me some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>1533903
I should also add that the community there don't seem to understand the concept of selecting more than one option between posts.

At first I gave them a ton of options to choose and they only felt comfortable selecting one. I asked them about it and they said that's the norm on Anonkun, except that the option to select more than one is built in to the code.
>>
>>1533903
Your first post is way, way too long. 2000+ words (not including the equally cumbersome prologue) before I as a player am involved in the story, and your prose is pretty dry with a lot of rote descriptions of "Character does action." which makes slogging through all those words doubly tiresome. Even if you improve this later on, these first few posts being such a grind for new readers will probably be enough to ensure you never get much more of an audience.
>>
>>1533989
I thought of that. Can you explain 'rote descriptions' the dryness, and how I can improve that? That comment is really important to me and good feedback.
>>
>>1533903
Well, off the top, MAN those first posts were long. Despite what everyone said, while quality-wise it was okay, the sheer LENGTH is most certainly abnormally long. That right there made it a trial to start reading.

That said, on the whole I feel like you're both going overboard with suggestions and at the same time kind of spinning wheels. Akun is more aligned towards user-inputted suggestions- give 2-3 options to start off, and keep that 'Allow custom write-ins' option checked. I also don't know if you have 'allow multiple selections' checked as well normally, but if not, you should. You should never HAVE to put 'Write In' as an option- by just leaving that box checked, it's automatically inferred.

Your grammar's spotty in areas, and I'm rarely 100% certain who's talking. Aside from that, I feel like you quest has the problem of 'okay, what are we doing?' That is, despite being wordy, it's kinda...bland. You need to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and get to the meat and potatoes of what you're saying. And like here, you need to either have interesting, specific choices for a character (not three different versions of 'no') or just let the audience come up with options themselves.
>>
>>1533989
The length I can't fix right now. All I can do is take your advice and next time start with a much shorter post. Thank you for that as well.
>>
>>1533997
MM, yah. So there is too much set up and too many hooks? Kind of thing? Like is it bland because I'm setting up so much at once?

Or is the actual story/action itself written blandly, not really interesting. And if not, why? What can I do to improve it?

I appreciate the advice to keep it simple, thank you for your feedback Anon.

As for select more than one, yah, I turned it on. And I assumed they would write in too but found that they weren't and that's why I wrote it in the options to remind them that they could.

I was trying desperately to encourage user input.
>>
>>1533997
I expected the players/reader to be interested in the mysteries in the game. Like 'who set up that shipment of drugs?" or "What did stealing that orb mean?" etc. I thought they would naturally try to investigate that stuff.

But I guess they were reading it like you were, thinking it's bland and 'okay what are we doing?"

I don't know why the hooks didn't come across. What was I missing, or what could I have done to make it more meaningful or interesting to the readers etc. that sort of advice would be great.
>>
File: 1456287689488.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
1456287689488.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
Alright, couple of questions for y'all.

For those of you who parcipate in quests such as SOMINUS Dragonball and other things, and other quests that put you directly into events from known established settings/stories transpiring with you in them.

Do you find the fun in that to come purely from interacting directly with a setting/story you enjoy? Or more specifically do you enjoy the chance to change pre-defined events?

This is pretty damn relevant as I can't decide if I wan't to run in an established setting (fanfic) or if I want to run with original stuff I've been slowing picking away at.
>>
>>1534106
Usually the deviation from canon. Saving people from deathflag or giving good ends

Or ya know, be a villain
>>
I was thinking of making a short quest that makes the players into an evil wizard that needs to rid humans of his island. Idk though, I just get so burnt out while writing quests.
>>
>>1534106
I've always found dropping the self insert MC right next to the main cast to change events/get the established waifu boring as fuck. Specially if you do it like SOMINUS and do the same exact arcs with very tiny permutations. It's very rare that a QM can do a decent alt history worth reading.

I do like fanfics that drop the MC into the setting away from any pre-established characters so we can still have all the perks that come from the setting but it's the MC's own personal story where he isn't playing second fiddle to Goku or someone.

Here's an example with the first Gundam

>A quest where you are a pilot that becomes part of White Base
Shit.

>Quest where you are Federation/Zeon pilot trying to survive the war in your own theater of conflict complete with original characters
Good.
>>
>>1534064
>>1534020

Simple is best- point out why the character should be interested in it, as opposed to just it happening. Some settings, people will just assume 'that's how it is in this life'. And yeah, the WAY it's written is also less than interesting. Needs a bit more flavor (which you can do with out it being overly lengthy).
>>
>>1534126
I figured as much.
>>1534165
You make an excellent point. It's not the canon or re-writing per se, but more the innate fun to be had in mucking about in the beloved universe. Although, this is a little less useful for what I've been building up the courage to do. Half the fun with be mucking with canon and mingling with characters.
It's the DC comics universe. And someone just happened to start theirs last week. And it's doing well.

I've actually developed a good foundation on a different quest just like your describing. Just not Gundam.
>>
>>1534173
I'd be most interested in knowing about how I could improve the 'way' it's written, if you have any pointers.

What about it is less than interesting? What could I do to improve, like what would you mean by flavor? etc.
>>
So I'm taking a break for the night, had a pretty decent first ever attempt at QM-ing(in my opinion anyways).
Critiques/comments welcome, thread will pick back up again in about 5-7 hours. Link here:
>>1531015
>>
File: Queen Eleanor.jpg (102KB, 736x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Eleanor.jpg
102KB, 736x1127px
after fucking up my schedule, TKQ will be back in ~1 hour, stay tuned!
If you haven't seen it yet, it is not late to join in.

>>1523373
>>1523373
>>1523373
>>
Do people still run quests where you're just a monster doing whatever it is that monster does?
>>
>>1535041
sometimes
>>
>>1533918
>I asked them about it and they said that's the norm on Anonkun
They're bullshitting you. It's more likely that your polls didn't give enough of an incentive to vote for multiple options.
>>
>>1535088
I see.

Is there a good amount of people interested in playing those kinds of quests or are they stuck in a dead zone? 4-7+ playersish for a nebulous "good amount."
>>
>>1534305

Your writing kinda just states things as a recount, in most sections totally void of anything that describes senses. Imagery and flavour at zero.

The opening few sentences, for instance, are pretty much totally abstract; you're setting the scene in a way that the reader can't imagine. A lot of the things that happen and the actions your characters take are described in abstract ways as well - no sense of movement or sound, just something that gets done. No sense of what the guy's thinking or feeling either, except when his thoughts are literally stated.

The way the MC speaks is really unnatural. People don't often just state what they're thinking or what they're about to do. People don't often speak so blandly. Your other characters have much better voice, but the MC sounds like a robot.

That doesn't mean he has to have an accent or something, but what he says and how he says it should almost always show an aspect of the character's personality or background.

The way he thinks is the same as well. Statements. That might be what's actually going through his head, sure, but it's really boring to the reader. A lot of thoughts can be conveyed through emotion. And try not to just state emotion either - they're often better conveyed through action.

I feel like there's loads of stuff you could omit. "It's a call" followed by "Answer the call. Might as well" is redundant information, for instance.

Your sentence structure and punctuation sucks and often stilts the flow of your writing. Read what you write out loud, restructure, rewrite, or just plain omit anything that doesn't flow naturally.

'Flavour' is a really vague word. I reckon it means making your writing evoke a certain tone. The best I can say for that is to keep the tone you want in mind and think carefully about how each sentence works with it, changes it, plays it up or makes it subtle. I don't think there's a rule or procedure.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm saying.
>>
>>1534305
>>1535354

I made an attempt at writing the same opening because I was bored. Lot of details just randomly made up, may not make sense, may suck.

John Wyatt lazes in the cockpit with his feet kicked back, humming along to the upbeat tune of some ancient country song playing through the radio. His ship, a freighter that's seen better days, hovers some eighty thousand miles above planet Aurah, its great vermillion-streaked surface taking the bottom half of the view through the front window.

A high-pitched double-beep sounds and the young captain absently reaches forward. A quick glance at comms tells him that it's his co-worker, and a tap and a moment later the dark sweaty face of Ryan Wells covers the half red, half star-specked view.

"Yo, John! What you doing just sittin' there? They load you up with that /sting/? Listen, lock up the Comm a sec, I've got something important to tell you."

The captain sits up, turning down the radio and flicking a switch. "I'm listening."

"You know what the grinky junk you're deliverin' is? You best ditch it or deliver it quick."

John Wyatt raises an eyebrow. His current contract was a shipment of some pharmaceutical or other, but the captain wasn't told anything else.

"I'm not sure myself, but I have a feelin' it ain't no medicine, jink? Just where you deliverin' it to anyways?"

"Aurah. Supposed to drop it off to a middle man, no questions asked," the captain rubs his thumb against his clean-shaven chin. "Little sketchy, sure, but the pay was good."

Warm air pushes through the ventilation grates as John heads on towards the back of the cargo bay, past where a youth leans against the steel-gray wall and tries to not look bored. Matt Flak glances up at the sound of boots clacking on the metal flooring.

The captain walks by, trading a nod for the boy scout's salute but otherwise keeping quiet. No need to upset the crew over what could be nothing.
>>
>>1535312
I loved the monster quest where we played 3 headed hydra and it was fairly popular too, but then again I am stuck at euro zone, so most quests ran when I am sleeping.
>>
From Ashes to Gold is running in 30 minutes! Come join to see my anger of being saged already!

>>1528652
>>
so, is there a way of erasing an entry into the archives, cause last night I botched the shit out of it.
>>
>>1535354
The lack of senses and being too abstract, that's good advice! Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to and help me.

I'm going to read your own rewrite.

Also note that the prologue, many people don't realize, was a played game. So some redundant lines like 'Answer the call, might as well' are actually write ins of what the players wrote to me.

Actually, some of what you're describing about the main character might be because he was the character controlled by players the most. It's no excuse it's still my fault if the writing is boring and needs improvement, but at least some of what you're describing is from write ins and because the prologue was a played game.
>>
>>1535967
If that's the case, then part of it might simply be how you positioned votes and write-ins. Akun doesn't (normally) operate by that 'write directly into the story' style- they vote on things that you then interpret (which to be fair, it seems you get now). As it stands, people trying to get into it STILL aren't going to realize that and get turned off.
>>
>>1535366
So, your example is barley changed from my own except in one aspect, you describe more of the inside of the ship, and use more descriptive language for how he's hovering over Aurah etc.

So I see your point, doing more senses definitely does seem to help.

Ryan Wells dialogue and the dialogue of many of the side characters were written by me. Some of the dialogue of John Wyatt (I don't remember how much) and nearly all of his actions, were decided by players.

The very first interaction between Simon and Pandora, I think was written entirely by me without player input.

I think maybe people aren't realizing that both the prologue and chapter one were games. I just moved the game from qst to Anonkun and used the first two games as the prologue and chapter one so I could continue the story there.

That's also the reason why Kinsau fights endlessly without doing much talking. Players chose to keep fighting multiple times in a row instead of dialogue or a clever trick, or etc.
>>
>>1535982
Thanks for your feedback 7j
>>
>>1535982
And yah, in the first game I had anon's operate every playable character, or tried to. And when there was no one to operate a specific character I would take over for them.

So in the first game, John, Matt, Pandora, and Simon were all playable. But people mostly only played John, and a bit of Matt. I don't remember if anyone made choices for Pandora, I think one or two choices maybe? And probably the same for Simon. I honestly don't remember if anyone really made him do anything or not.

In the second chapter players only had control of Kinsau and it was a slightly different format. In the first one I put player written dialogue and everything into the game at times.

In the Kinsau one, I tried giving them game-like options like 'fight, run, talk, clevler'. And ran it more like a game-game maybe in that sense.
>>
File: Quest Header.jpg (32KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
Quest Header.jpg
32KB, 564x564px
>>1536253
>>1536253
>>1536253
Come on in, the water is muddy and stagnant!
>>
File: art-9-trial.jpg (1MB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
art-9-trial.jpg
1MB, 3000x1875px
Arcanum Extranimus is back and magical as ever - which is a fair amount, all things considered!
>>1536773

We're still in our first thread; new readers and critiques are very welcome!
>>
>>1536284
Anarchy Accountant: My android waifu can't be this simulated edition

MC is making the hard choices about life.
>>
File: HHHES FAST.png (271KB, 328x549px) Image search: [Google]
HHHES FAST.png
271KB, 328x549px
https://fiction.live/stories/Symbiote-Quest-2-0/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/Issue-16/9eGFvwR5XkqaLNhmP

Live again
>>
>>1537661
Why do people advertise their quests on different sites here? Just fuck off if you aren't going to run quests here.
>>
File: ship4.png (357KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
ship4.png
357KB, 852x480px
>>1525862
>>1525862
>>1525862

Join our crew for more adventures!
>>
Finished QMing my first-ever quest!
Link here: >>1531015
Any critiques about my writing, characterizations, or how I'm not Som are welcome.
>>
File: Warning Shot.jpg (35KB, 462x283px) Image search: [Google]
Warning Shot.jpg
35KB, 462x283px
Trawler Quest, currently running.

>>1521639
>>1521639
>>
>>1538197
Draw that yourself? If so good job.
>>
Runner of Persona Quest Rebooted. Sorry I haven't ran in awhile, I've been doing volunteer work to make my resume more appealing.
>>
Welp, that didn't go as planned.
Session 1 is up, though!
>>1538854
>>
File: American Arcana (Little).png (147KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
American Arcana (Little).png
147KB, 1440x960px
>>1538865
Forgot pic
>>
File: Marcus and Ellana.jpg (163KB, 1024x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus and Ellana.jpg
163KB, 1024x1408px
Bladebound Retainer Quest is live!

>>1539046
>>1539046
>>1539046
>>
>>1539172
>Ellana's fucking face.
>>
>>1539182
Thing is, I told the artist I commissioned the piece from to make a clear contrast between "hardened assassin/bodyguard" and "innocent princess". I don't necessarily have a problem with it, but I can see how it might be a bit...off.
>>
>>1539201
>paying money for this
I'm sorry.
>>
>>1539262
Mind you, I have way too much cash to spare, so it wasn't a loss in my book. I'll just ask next time for the eyes not to be...uncanny valley.
>>
Alright. Here's the quest I had been thinking few days ago.

WW1 fantasy war where you play as a fresh soldiers in the beginning of the Western theater

>>1539908
>>1539908
>>
>>1539916
Is this the setting of the Leviathan trilogy?
>>
>>1539937
Yes
Yes it is
Ill try to make custom vehicles/animals
>>
>wanting to make Quest with magical instruments and music gods
>all the art for fantasy instruments is either canon or fanmade DnD art for Bards.

Do I seriously have to commission art of a magical drummer that doesn't look hippy as fuck?
>>
>>1539993
You could just illustrate what you want through text.
>>
Hi cutie-gee

I love you
>>
>>1540035
Fuck you fag.
>>
What is permasage and how does it happen ?

Why my thread is not bumped even if the number of posts is < 750
>>
>>1540268
after 3 days, yer thread automatically saged
>>
Does anyone here actually not use the catalog?
>>
>>1540300
There might be a couple of people who hate themselves.
>>
>>1539286
>>1539172
She reminds me of that mega milk anime babe
>>
Every quest I liked is dead or on hiatus. Why is questing so shit?
>>
>>1540525
List them, so I know if I'm partly to blame for your misfortune. I'll apologize if I am!
>>
>>1540525
Sounds like you need to find another quest you like.

What is your taste? And don't say some half assed answer like "I dunno just good" because then you'll just get everything ever spat at you.
>>
>>1540300
Why would I use the catalog when there are no quests worth finding?
>>
Ladies and Gentleman, thread 3 of "From Ashes to Gold" is now here! Come see the fallout from a struggle of power!

>>1540557
>>
File: 1496662459311 (1).jpg (130KB, 758x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496662459311 (1).jpg
130KB, 758x375px
Another session of TK is taking place, everyone's invited to join in.
>>
>>1536253
>>1536253
>>1536253
Were live in Gotham folks!
>>
>>1540789
Why don't you land farther east at night and use the trees as concealment to approach the fortress's back walls with ladders undetected?
>>
File: Space Marines vs. orks.jpg (614KB, 1833x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines vs. orks.jpg
614KB, 1833x1133px
Chapter Master Quest is up.

>>1540830
>>1540830
>>1540830
>>
>>1540808
Sadly we lost concealment after deciding to let the fog fade away, the enemy's already alerted
>>
I made a new quest, if anyone wants to check it out.

>>1541082
>>1541082

Come explore the wonders of space!
>>
File: 10571398510120.jpg (75KB, 596x380px) Image search: [Google]
10571398510120.jpg
75KB, 596x380px
Of the Council of Sages, it is said: he who has grown tired of the fear of death has grown tired of life.

Arcanum Extranimus continued here - after a bit of a QMing break and a delay to pick up some readers.
>>1541044
>>
>>1539916
The Great war quest is back with the start of boot-camp following Ferdinand Von Brant and his new pal Gabriel Fisher
>>
>>1528324
I've been planning on running a Quest here but I'm wondering if it'll get a player base at all. I know that there's been Quests that have started here and become popular but there's plenty that haven't, even if most of them are shit posts.

I guess what I'm asking is "Will running here be worth it?"
>>
>>1541328
What's your premise?
>>
>>1541328
What's the quest?

If yer starting, you will get about 2-3 players minimum for first thread
>>
>>1541328

If you're running something fanfiction-y you'll probably be fine, as long as its a very popular series.
>>
>>1541334
>>1541331
>>1541333

Mecha Mercenary in a Space Sci-Fi setting. Using the Mention Zeta system. Don't want to go into more detail than that.

Not Fanfiction at all.
>>
>>1541360
*Mekton Zeta
>>
>>1541360
Great we need more mecha quests, if you run here your can possibly draw on the MSPQ crowd since it uses Mekton too, though that depends how good the writing is.
>>
>>1541368
I was considering running here or on Akun because Akun has a bunch of management features that would make running so much easier.
>>
>>1541598
Are you willing to write smut or a femc?
>>
>>1541608
Yes, but the handful of successful quest makes me hopeful.
>>
Any QMs here every have any luck running more than one quest at a time? Does it get distracting or lower quest quality?

If not, how do you manage it?
>>
>>1542512
I have.
I don't think quality suffered, but I do think that one distracted from the other or that one made the other a chore.

Very commonly I would have writers block about one quest, but have every tiny detail about the other quest all planned out and ready to go. Then I would want to run the other quest, because I felt the most confident about it. I think running two at once made it where, when I felt creative about something, I would channel that into the quest I found the most interesting at the time. The one that was having problems would be in a kind of negative feedback loop. Where nothing was happening in it; I more or less kept up the status quo, and I had no real way to break from that cycle as I had no new ideas for it.

I don't know if it was a result of the subject matter, some quest ideas are more easy to write for than others. You also have a tendency to be more interested in one idea than the other after you get the ball rolling and there are lots of interesting places you can take an idea.

Good example is that I still go and read old threads from my first quest compared to my second quest. I tend to not do thread reviews on that one, mostly because I just don't have a lot of drive to read my own threads from that quest. The first quest I wrote nailed more things that I wanted more than things I thought would be fun to write. It's a cautious balance, and I would only recommend it if you feel equally enthusiastic about both ideas.
>>
I'm getting the urge for something again. This time I want something cute and cuddly.

Any cutequests running as of late?
>>
File: YU.jpg (151KB, 850x1195px) Image search: [Google]
YU.jpg
151KB, 850x1195px
>>1542999

Shipgirl Commander session is a-go, for those interested.
>>
>>1542512
What, like on different days or simultaneously?
>>
>>1542577
Great advice! I don't think I'm invested as much in my new idea as I am in my current quest, I'd hate either to suffer though. Thanks!

>>1544772

You know. Either. I've just got a second idea haunting my brain. But I dont want my current Quest to drop in quality
>>
>>1536253
>>1536253
>>1536253
Were live in Gotham! Again!
>>
File: Del+MomOP.gif (2MB, 1750x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Del+MomOP.gif
2MB, 1750x1250px
>>1545551
Melancholic Quest finally continues again!
>>
>>1545971
>>1545971

Von Brant take the command of defensive fleet in this simulation battle. Can he win or will he suffer the wrath of the Instructor?

Join us in the recruitment and preparation stage

The Great War Quest is Now live
>>
File: Familiar Visage.jpg (14KB, 313x410px) Image search: [Google]
Familiar Visage.jpg
14KB, 313x410px
>>1521639
Trawler Quest is running!
>>
So. I was thinking about it because I'm still bitter.

Do you think moving to /qst/ was a net positive?
We do have more quests, and our threads seem to get more posts per capita. In exchange for thread speed, which is very slow.
>>
>>1546519
I think you just answered your own question
>>
>>1546519
>>1546536
I think it was.
I was one of the most pissed off people ever when the move happened. I'm one of the few people who had contacted a translation service and mailed Hiroyuki because I was so upset by the change.

But overall, Questing isn't supposed to be something that moves at lightning speed. It's nice for schadenfreude quests like that time Bleach Quest MC's got rocked by skater dudes, but very bad for coherent storytelling. Cosgrove quests had very little discussion, lots of people trying to fuck up on purpose, and wildly varying coordination and direction.
This was true for all the big quests, their biggest flaw was their inability to write a concise narrative with how players came and go and how numbers fluctuated from 10 people to 100 people depending on the hour and day the quest thread was put up.

I miss the chaos, but I like being able to discuss and wait for input from everyone involved in a quest a lot more. It makes the decisions made feel more like 'mine' instead of the work of a shadowy group of people who are intentionally trying to run the quest into the ground.

Maybe I'm trying to rationalize a shit hand that I've been dealt, but I don't particularly mind it anymore. I wish they would change the name of the board from /qst/ - Quests to /qst/ - User-made Fiction. Just something that people automatically know what the board is about from looking at the ribbon.
>>
File: Burnt Kaithe.jpg (4MB, 3300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Burnt Kaithe.jpg
4MB, 3300x2400px
Bladebound Retainer is live once more!

>>1539046
>>1539046
>>
Any good quests with an evil mc currently running?
>>
>>1547792
>>1528199

Drawquest with a lot of effort put into it - I can't quite put it to words, but it just clicks for me. Also, the QM isn't afraid of drastic but deserved consequences for the MC - just skim the archives and you'll see why.
>>
>>1548031
Anything a little more serious?
>>
>>1547792
>>1548099
Define evil
>>
>>1548100
You know evil. Lawful, Chaotic, Neutral, doesn't matter.
>>
>>1548103
No no no

You can't just say "evil" and expect something. What if, from my point of view, the Jedi are evil?

Like, what sort of evil? How evil? Uncaring malevolence? Profit driven greed? Tragic sacrifice for one's own interests, despite there being no lack of empathy? Serial jaywalking?
>>
>>1548110
Alright then how about anything from stealing candy from a baby, to killing all life in the galaxy because somebody made fun of your hair.
>>
>>1546571
'User-made fiction' just sounds like a board for storythreads.
Something like "forum games' would be better.
>>
>>1548149
How about "Interactive Fiction"
>>
>>1548229
Forum games covers risk and skirmishes
>>
>>1545221
Running two quests means neither will hit 100% of what you could be doing. Running them at the same time, unless you're in absolute top form that day, will be an unmitigated disaster.

Just keep that in mind.
>>
>>1547792
Dark Empire Quest? You're Sith Lords/Imperial Officers. Subjugate the galaxy? I think it's okay, but from my point of view the Jedi are evil so . . .
>>
>>1548294
>>1548294
>>1548294
Cabal:Era Quest returns.
>>
>>1546519
It basically killed questing as it was and replaced it with something else. That 'something else' is also called questing because the mod said so, but it is only barely related to what I consider questing to be. It's only a positive if you like /qst/-style quests.

>>1548233
Those aren't quests.
>>
New thread:
>>1548403

Now with all previous threads available in text only, edited and formatted pastebins.

Also all threads have pastebin summaries if that's still too much to catch up with.
>>
>>1548733
>>1548733
>>1548733
Metahuman Quest is live!
>>
File: banners_test.jpg (196KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
banners_test.jpg
196KB, 500x320px
I made some banners for /qst/
>>
>>1548778
Sweet
>>
>>1548580
tfw 30+ min without a vote
>>
>>1548544

Another Dragon Ball Quest
>>
>>1548870
>>1548870

I cast curse upon your quest.

It will wither and die or you will with wither and die.

Either way, drop it now or else your life will become miserable.
>>
>>1548932
Jokes on you, I post on /v/, my life's already miserable.
>>
>>1541629
Any idea when you're going to run it?
>>
>>1548870
>It's literally called Another Dragonball Quest

Was naming difficult or did you want to showcase that you have low self esteem? It's pretty much saying 'I am a dime a dozen, nothing interesting here' (Which is accurate considering, but still).
>>
>>1548974
I prefer to keep it simple.

And there's not point in denying what it is.
>>
>>1548999
Your triples don't make that reasoning any less shit.

At least put a smidgen of effort into it. I don't know, "Dragonball: Saga of Unyen." "Nottzack: A Dragonball Quest." Anything other than "Another Dragonball Quest." There is legitimately no shittier title than that. The only time it might be slightly acceptable if it's some one shot piss take.

What I fucking guarantee will happen is that some other assclown with no self esteem will name their fanfiction "another dragonball quest" and nobody will know what the fuck is going on. It's the reason nobody uses a flat copy of the title with "quest" at the end unless they know for goddamn sure they're the first one to do it and fuck everybody else because you're Somnius.

I know it's fanfiction but jesus come the hell on.
>>
>>1549089
It's okay he â„¢'d it.
>>
File: Junior Mafia.jpg (546KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Junior Mafia.jpg
546KB, 1024x1024px
>>1528199
Villain Quest. continues.
>>
>>1548778
These look great.
>>
>>1549716
>>1549716

The Battle Simulation is here. It's Victory or Death now!
Join in to taste the fruit of your labors
>>
File: Alesandre Bucard.jpg (59KB, 313x410px) Image search: [Google]
Alesandre Bucard.jpg
59KB, 313x410px
Trawler Quest runs again, probably the last session before the next thread.

>>1521639
>>
>>1549089
I mean I just thought it'd be a funny title man, sorry that angers you.
>>
/qst/ is mostly dead. Why not move to Akun?
>>
>>1551073
Death is legitimately preferable.
>>
>>1551073
Butthurt that your quest didn't take off Horizon? 3 people and then they all vanished. Guess you didn't hook them enough.
>>
>>1551104
Guess not, but only an idiot would try the same thing over and over and expect different results.

What's with the animosity towards akun anyway?
>>
>>1551116
It's Not 4chan. So it's disliked by default. If you ask most (not all) people who have ran there before as well as here, they'll usually begrudgingly say Akun is overall better, even with its shortcomings (like kascode, aka the website codebase, which to be fair IS kinda shit).

A lot of people like to say the fanbase is more shit and smut crazed, but it's honestly no worse than 4chan when it comes to shitstorms, and if you say your quest isn't gonna have smut up front, you won't get smutfreaks.
>>
File: Ruined Vox.jpg (115KB, 479x786px) Image search: [Google]
Ruined Vox.jpg
115KB, 479x786px
So by the way everybody on this dead as fuck board of 4chan.

You know our good friend Vox, QM of such hits like Dungeon Life Quest and . . . a few one shots that were okay maybe?

Well he has his own IRC where he goes by the name of Lord Garret.

And when the discord gets a teensy bit too hot for him to handle, he flees from /qtg/ discord to his personal . . . well, let's just say I like to call it the HUGVOX.

And in the Hugvox of his, he is safe from all teasing, bullying and rudeness. In fact, the beautiful Bellezza herself (note: this is probably a sweaty, hairy dude) is there to comfort him in the depths of his despair and forlorn existence.

Here's just a tiny snippet of this wondrous place. Behold. Feast your eyes upon the inner workings of our amazing VOX!
>>
>>1551227
>Lord Garret

Lord Gareth, sorry. My mistake.
>>
>>1551227
>>1551232
ok
>>
>>1551227
When are you two finally going to fuck already? It's literally the only captivating arc from either of your works.
>>
>>1551227
Okay? Why are you so butthurt that you feel the need to post about it here?
>>
>>1551227
>>1551232

What do you want us to do with it?
Board's too dead for drama
>>
>>1551232
>>1551248
>>1551253
>>1551255
>>1551256

Don't you all feel poor Akaibu's pain?

At how he incurred the wrath of his Lord?!

Will he ever get back in Lord Gareth's good graces?

Don't you want to read the steamy Belleza/Lord Gareth sex scene?

Come on, where's your sense of romance /qtg/? Your passion? Your wonder!
>>
File: Smut vs Fluff 1471606004303.png (150KB, 500x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Smut vs Fluff 1471606004303.png
150KB, 500x1104px
>>1551264
Fluff is more important than smut.
And this fluff is just boring.
>>
>>1551264
Sorry, dude, can't be assed to care.
>>
File: WJDK.png (46KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
WJDK.png
46KB, 1152x648px
>>1551227
>stirring up shit
y tho
>>
>>1551264
Why do we care if you're assblasted?
>>
>>1551248
>>1551253
>>1551255
>>1551256
>>1551272
>>1551309
>>1551383
>>1551390
Lmao, Vox Defense Force....
>>
>>1551272
>>1551309
>>1551383
>>1551390

>When Vox fanboys are the only people left on /qst/

Christ this place is dead as fuck.
>>
>>1551398
I'm sorry if we're not as excitable as the /b/tards you're used to.
>>
>>1551453

Nice sly omission to being a Voxsucker, loser
>>
>>1551453
Just leave him be. He'll get bored or something
>>
Just a question.
If you as a player know the setting and theme of the quest, yet lack the mindgames and/or social/scientific/whatever knowledge/skills when a vote means a good degree of influence, do you vote for an option or not? Although I am aware that not contributing is the number one reason for quests dying there's always that feeling that you could be picking the most retarded option that would clearly be seen as the bad option for educated or aware players. Even before I consider potential write-ins.
>>
>>1551509
You could always ask them why they choose that. If they make good arguments, you might understand the impact of the decision.

Any vote is not only good for the progress of the quest but also the happiness of QM
>>
>>1551509
It sometimes happens to me. But in my experience, not many quests promise consequences harsh enough that I can't vote for any option.
>>
/qst/ is dead. Long live /qst/
>>
>>1551651
long live /qst/
>>
File: 19204810924871.jpg (90KB, 559x626px) Image search: [Google]
19204810924871.jpg
90KB, 559x626px
Arcanum Extranimus continues.
>>1552312
>>
New Heroes and Men thread that needs voters. Spess men fighting a spess war.

>>1552328
>>
Does anyone know what happened to the Guy running the Jojo quest?
I've been thinking of starting up my own Jojo quest.
>>
>>1548778
I'm glad you made banners, but we weren't even given a slot for the banner competition, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>1551398
>>1551264
I'm sorry, I know who those people are, but I don't exactly know why I should care.
>>
>>1553963
>I know who those people are,

I'm sure you do, Voxsucker.
>>
Why does going to akun now take me to fiction.live. What? Who the fuck thought of this idea?
>>
>>1553990
Well? Why should I care?
As long as they keep it in discord, then who gives a fuck?

This is why every time I see a 4chan discord I just shake my head. Discords never end well. Ever. I can't think of a single discord I've ever seen that has lasted more than six months. It just draws the worst elements of a community together.

If they want to be miserable inside of a discord then great, at least they're not being miserable people here. That's how I see it, at least.
>>
>>1554034
>It just draws the worst elements of a community together.

Well it doesn't draw you in so it doesn't draw the /worst/ elements of a community, Voxsucker.
>>
>>1554034
>Discords never end well. Ever.
Public servers, maybe.

I know a few private servers that've been going a while.
>>
So I would like a quest where I get to create my own character sheet and do a play through as my own character, but with others. any thing like that here or should I just go to some d&d website?
>>
>>1554500
Skirmishes are the closest ones to the ones you're looking for. Straight up adaptations of board games are too cumbersome to use.
>>
>>1554500
Watch for when Boar's Bastards pops up.
>>
>>1554544
ty
>>
>>1554500
Mageknight Academy is a pretty solid one. The thread just fell off the board though, so the next one might come up in a while.
>>
>>1554601
>kinda want to run a short quest with a Majin as the mc
>two more DBZ quests spring up
The world is telling me something.
>>
>>1555396
Hey anon, just when I was on the edge of starting my DC Comics quest someone beat me to it. And before that there were none active. I said fuck it and ran mine anyways and I'd say I'm doing just fine as far as /qst/ goes. Just do what you want my man.
>>
File: 13.5.1.png (941KB, 938x1039px) Image search: [Google]
13.5.1.png
941KB, 938x1039px
A feast in time of plague
>>
File: logo.png (2MB, 1800x958px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
2MB, 1800x958px
A question, /qst/. How does this image make you feel?
>>
>>1555797
What program did they use to make that map?
>>
File: Avalon_Named_31_en.jpg (2MB, 1900x2567px) Image search: [Google]
Avalon_Named_31_en.jpg
2MB, 1900x2567px
>>1556141
>they
I used Campaign Cartographer 3 for the map itself and Photoshop for the text and a couple additions here and there.
>>
Come join in at my anger of being saged even though it's my own fault! Oh yeah, and a quest or something
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/1540557#top
>>
>>1556507
>>1556507
>>1556507

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
File: Bullshitanon_DeepStrike.jpg (107KB, 392x533px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshitanon_DeepStrike.jpg
107KB, 392x533px
>>1548778
My vote would be for the 4th down.

Other than players and mecha quests, what other demands are there on quest?
>>
>>1554500
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1482416/

They're not run very often, but interesting to read afterwards sometimes. This was the latest.
>>
God damn i want to run Isekai quest but cant help following the tropes.

Making the MC stronger might leads to snowflaking but making the MC weaker might make it a bit boring.

Should MC have unique skills?

last I read was trashland but it quickly went too lewd and powerful mc

Any advice on those?
>>
>>1557208
Yuri golems.
>>
>>1558769
First ask yourself what benefit do you expect to gain by using this reincarnation in another world element? How's it going to affect the story?
>>
>>1558788
Can i have an example? just to be sure.

If i got what you meant, should the world actively resist it?
>>
>>1558769
Probably don't do all of these at once, but:

>Have an extremely clear longterm goal. None of this aimless sandbox bullshit.
>Interact with the original owner of the body
>>Your powers hinge on being 2 people in one body. Use multi-element moves, doublecast, etc.
>On initial incarnation, the influx of information causes the brain to overheat. Choose 2 among name, dreams, mental skills, physical skills, rote knowledge, etc to keep. Players cannot choose what those skills are, only what parts of an already set identity to keep.
>constant 2-way communication with the home world in some form
>there are people who have no problem outing what you are just offhand
>>
>>1558860
That's almost what i did in my prev quest...hmm

Thanks anyways
>>
>>1558920
all of them at once? Musta been a clusterfuck.
>>
>>1558924
Some of them. MC got into another world in another body
>>
>>1558955

Prototype Deviation, where the infection spreads faster, groups struggle for power in the background, and your stuck trying to save your group from turning into monster chow. six threads in and the gloves are completely off! But I'm still getting around to my shirt
>>
>main character is a grill
Dropped.
>>
>>1559259
What sort of grill? Who knows, it could be a gas.
>>
>>1559259
>Main character is a Foreman grill

Picked the fuck up.
>>
>>1559271
4-man grill?

That's a big grill
>>
Started to read a Wuxia quest: Would that concept work for knights in Medieval Europe?

Something like: Knights-Errants going on quests, fighting duels against each other, righting wrongs commited by evil lords, helping honest lords against robber knights...

- https://fiction.live/stories/Lone-Fighter-Quest/ : Wuxia, Fantasy China, martial arts, super-powered, duels, corruption, honor...
>>
>>1559773
More or less but instead of kung-fu and inner-chakra, you got sword-fight and Tenacity
>>
>>1560366
>>1560366
>>1560366

Dark Empire Quest is live. Come rebuild the empire and kill Jedi
>>
Hey guys, do evo games belong here or on /tg/?
I just wanna know where to put mine.
>>
>>1560699
Try /tg/
>>
>>1548733
>>1548733
>>1548733
Metahuman Quest is live!
>>
Whoops is that an update for American Arcana I guess it is >>1561483
Now with Grimm Book and Grimm Book Guide.
Still here for the graveyard shift starting at 9PM US Central tomorrow.
>>
Where is Riz?
>>
File: 1451368197027.gif (497KB, 394x226px) Image search: [Google]
1451368197027.gif
497KB, 394x226px
>>1561529
Hiya, anon! Whatcha need?
>>
>>1561841
I needed to make sure you weren't dead.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>1561929
I'm fine! Though are you sure that's all?

Perhaps you're forgetting something?
>>
>>1560699
They go here, usually.
>>
>>1560699
With /tg/'s current state it doesn't really matter if you're full-quest, half-quest, or even a quarter-quest. If your thread involves any kind of playing a game then you're making yourself a target and chances are you'll be drowned in repetitive shitposting about /qst/. Here you'll be drowning in silence instead, so pick your poison.
>>
>>1562768
What if I choose Akun? What will I drown in? (aside from semen, maybe)
>>
>>1562801
akun got the readers, SV got the readers, /qst/ got them too - just don't expect answers within the hour...
>>
>>1559773
Fantasy Europe? Sounds fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn36Pb8z3yI
>>
File: 1482081152062.png (178KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1482081152062.png
178KB, 500x374px
>>1562801
Well thought out and reliable web-design.
>>
>>1562801
You will not drown in semen if you state explicitly that you don't want to draw smut.
But you may drown in salt if your readers feel cheated. Or you may learn to feed on salt and become stronger than ever.
>>
>>1559773
Isn't that basically Arthurian fantasy?

All the characters are fuckups around women, just the same as in Wuxia.
>>
>>1560703
You gave me bad advice, the mods deleted it.

>>1562748
>>1562768
You're right!!
>>
>>1563574
>>1563574
>>1563574

New Anarchy Accountant is live.
>>
someone check out my gangs qst pl0x
>>1560475
>>
For absolutely no good reason at all I've not been announcing my threads in the general for a while now.

However since this is my first thread with more than 300 replies I feel a bit more justified in saying when I'm running.

>>1531267
>>1531267

Panzer Commander is live once more today. The platoon's in a bit of a mess, but at least you're alive.
>>
>>1563405
Hah.
>>
File: CC.jpg (104KB, 806x487px) Image search: [Google]
CC.jpg
104KB, 806x487px
Trawler Quest won't be running tonight, as was a possibility at the end of the last thread. Look for it tomorrow or the day after at the latest.
>>
File: You Know What It Is.jpg (222KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
You Know What It Is.jpg
222KB, 1600x1600px
American Arcana Quest is back up, now with 100% more stylish hats.
>>1564962
>>
File: 1496613969633.jpg (121KB, 639x765px) Image search: [Google]
1496613969633.jpg
121KB, 639x765px
>>1548733
>>1548733
>>1548733
Metahuman Quest is now live.
>>
File: Space Marine firing.jpg (170KB, 937x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine firing.jpg
170KB, 937x1024px
Chapter Master Quest is running.

>>1540830
>>1540830
>>1540830
>>
The Great War is back in business. WIth the night of drunk haze and awkwardness

>>1566834
>>1566834
>>1566834
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.