[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Certified Adventurer Extraordinaire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: DND.jpg (170KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
DND.jpg
170KB, 970x545px
System: Heavily modified Dungeon World, will explain as we go.

Themes: Adventure, quests, monsters, treasure

The Horse and Toad. While the faces have changed, the reek of shit and body odor that permeates the old tavern refuses to budge. It has been years since your last visit.

You return now for the same reason you came then, to find work.

As an adventurer, you find that while occasionally a message of great importance will come to you in a prophetic dream or some such nonsense, typically the way you make a living is by trolling the many inns and taverns of the kingdom.

You sit down at a table in the corner. The owner and barkeep, Findisier, slogs through another half drunken story of her days as a medical nurse during some war no one remembers. She is tall, and young (you think, but you're not an elf). A patron slumped over the bar may be listening... or sleeping.

You sit back in your seat and think for a minute, before:

>Approaching an out of place looking dwarf. He has a long grey beard and wears blue dyed robes. A silver holy symbol hangs from his neck.

>Approaching a tall human in colorful motley silks playing a harp by the fireplace. He plays beautifully, but the sound is mostly drowned out by the drunken chatter of the other patrons.

>Approaching Findisier. Her silver hair and brown eyes might be beautiful if she wasn't always half drunk and entirely crazy. Maybe she will recognize you. Hopefully she wont.
>>
>>1527246
>>1527246
Lets go to le elf land
>>
>>1527248
I concur
>>
You approach Findisier.

She spots you as you stand, and begins to shout.

"Aye, I'll be damned to the Nine Hells if it ain't the most bottom of the barrel, low-down, unscrupulous, indecent man I ever met in me whole life!"

She points at you, and quite a few of the people in the tavern turn to look at you. You doubt her drunken ramblings would kill your reputation, but brand perception is important.

>"It's been a long time, old friend."

>"And if it ain't the ugliest elf they ever let out of the woods, I'm that dwarf's twin brother!"

>"I think you have the wrong guy..."
>>
>>1527253

>"It's been a long time, old friend."
>>
>>1527253
>It's been a long time, old friend
>>
>>1527253
>>"And if it ain't the ugliest elf they ever let out of the woods, I'm that dwarf's twin brother!"
>>
>>"And if it ain't the ugliest elf they ever let out of the woods, I'm that dwarf's twin brother!"

We need to appear scruffy...this is trashtalk and we ain need no manners
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1527257
>>1527258
>>1527260
>>1527262

1 is old friend,
2 is ugly elf
>>
Common sense+social tact>manners
>>
>>1527266
>Rolled 2 (1d2)

"It's been a long time, old friend," you say, looking out over the crowd.

"UGLY?! At least I ain't the type to skip out on the bill! You realize what you owe me from yer last stay?"

You search your memory. It strikes you that you were in such a hurry to leave after your last visit, having found a job with a traveling caravan of spice traders, you might have forgotten to pay.

>"Oh, Findisier, I was only joking! You see, that is why I have returned, to repay my debt to you!"

>"I must have paid, how would you remember? You're always drunk! You're trying to swindle me!"

>Flee the scene, you hitched your horse up just outside.
>>
>>1527269
haha whoops, miscopied.

"And if it ain't the ugliest elf they ever let out of the woods, I'm that dwarf's twin brother!" you say, looking out over the crowd. The dwarf snorts.

"UGLY?! At least I ain't the type to skip out on the bill! You realize what you owe me from yer last stay!?"

You search your memory. It strikes you that you were in such a hurry to leave after your last visit, having found a job with a traveling caravan of spice traders, you might have forgotten to pay.

>"Oh, Findisier, I was only joking! You see, that is why I have returned, to repay my debt to you!"

>"I must have paid, how would you remember? You're always drunk! You're trying to swindle me!"

>Flee the scene, you hitched your horse up just outside.
>>
>>"I must have paid, how would you remember? You're always drunk! You're trying to swindle me!"

Fuck it. Full on bant.
>>
>>1527271
Seconding the bant.
>>
"I must have paid, how would you remember? You're always drunk! You're trying to swindle me!" Now you are shouting.

Findisier's face grows red with rage and probably not a little drunkenness.

"IF YER JUS' GOIN'TA LIE, TAKE A HIKE. WE DON'T NEED NO ADVENTURING SORT ROUND HERE."

There, she said it. Adventurer.

>"I've had enough of these baseless accusations." Leave, but quickly shoot a glance at the dwarf in the robes.

>"You're right about one thing, it seems an adventurer isn't needed around here." Leave, but glance at the harpist in passing.

>"FINDISIER, TAKE THAT BACK OR YOU WILL BE MAKING A CHALLENGE AGAINST MY HONOR! HONOR I FULLY INTEND TO DEFEND!"
>>
>>"FINDISIER, TAKE THAT BACK OR YOU WILL BE MAKING A CHALLENGE AGAINST MY HONOR! HONOR I FULLY INTEND TO DEFEND!"

WE GOING FULL FUCKING BANT MODE BOYS

Also this actually gets us street cred if we win.
>>
>>1527298
>>"FINDISIER, TAKE THAT BACK OR YOU WILL BE MAKING A CHALLENGE AGAINST MY HONOR! HONOR I FULLY INTEND TO DEFEND!"
If she gets in our face, give her a kiss.
>>
>>1527298
>>>"FINDISIER, TAKE THAT BACK OR YOU WILL BE MAKING A CHALLENGE AGAINST MY HONOR! HONOR I FULLY INTEND TO DEFEND!"
>If she gets in our face, give her a kiss.
>>
>>1527540
I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS BETTER.
ELF PUSSY IS BEST PUSSY
>>
"FINDISIER, TAKE THAT BACK OR YOU WILL BE MAKING A CHALLENGE AGAINST MY HONOR! HONOR I FULLY INTEND TO DEFEND!" You shout, red in the face.

You place your hand on the hilt of your...

>Ancient and powerful katana, passed down from generation to generation of powerful warlords before being lost to antiquity. You discovered it on your last adventure. His name is Kiwitoka

>Trusty mace, you've had it since your days in the Royal Guard. Good for a beating, good for most anything requiring a smack. Her name is Crysanth.

>Jeweled dagger, strapped to your person beneath the folds of your cloak. It's spilled the blood of countless worthy foes, and hungers for another. Her name is Sibelle.
>>
>>1530354
>>Trusty mace, you've had it since your days in the Royal Guard. Good for a beating, good for most anything requiring a smack. Her name is Crysanth.
Blunt does extra damage to skeles.
>>
>>Trusty mace, you've had it since your days in the Royal Guard. Good for a beating, good for most anything requiring a smack. Her name is Crysanth.

I support this but would prefer a warhammer or at the very least a shield as off-hand.
>>
>>1530712
Katana is a two-handed sword right? So the mace should be his secondary weapon?
>>
>>1530354
Mace
>>
File: Clerics can be blunt.jpg (53KB, 688x645px) Image search: [Google]
Clerics can be blunt.jpg
53KB, 688x645px
>>1530354
>>>Trusty mace, you've had it since your days in the Royal Guard. Good for a beating, good for most anything requiring a smack. Her name is Crysanth.
>I support this but would prefer a warhammer or at the very least a shield as off-hand.
>>
>>1530716
Primary.....no one carries a mace as a secondary lol.

I meant that a mace by itself is pretty lackluster and just makes our left arm useless.

We either boost our offence or defence, but either way we need to make use of our other arm.
>>
>>1532633
A shield for offhand will suffice I think. It gives balance to attack and defense
>>
You place your hand on the shaft of your mace, just below the head.

Watching your movement, Findisier swiftly steps from behind the bar to within arms reach of your person. You see rage boiling behind her eyes.

The other patrons of the bar have taken a keen interest in your conversation. Everyone is on the edge of their seats, if only to be able to flee more quickly if things go south.

You only have a moment to react. Your instincts take over.

>Swing (Roll 2d6+2)
>Turn tail and book it (Roll 2d6)
>Beg Forgiveness (Roll 2d6+1)
>>
Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

>>1534722
Quickly lean in and giver a kiss.
If not then
>Beg Forgiveness (Roll 2d6+1)
>>
try to make it seem like its all a big joke?

if not swing
>>
>>1534793
Will allow that, make the same roll as beg forgiveness.
>>
>>1534722
quick question OP aren't you the person who ran the litches employee quest?
just wondering
>>
Rolled 3, 5 + 1 = 9 (2d6 + 1)

>>
>>1534799
Wasn't me. Am I using their name? I am unfamiliar with that quest.
>>
>>1534807
you are using there name, i suggest you look it up on the archive, some of the best and funniest quest this side of 4chan

but in relation to the quest, i think we are fucked
>>
>>1534811
Changing name and adding trip to avoid confusion.

I will definitely take a look, thanks!
>>
>>1534816
Yay trips.
>>
happy to help, now onto the absolute shit we have to dig our way out of
>>
>>1534821
As in trip codes.
>>
File: Maza_de_armas.jpg (29KB, 101x430px) Image search: [Google]
Maza_de_armas.jpg
29KB, 101x430px
You lean in close, catching her off guard. You put on a toothy smile.

"FINDISIER! I know you far too well! You intend to jest, I am sure! Your wit is unfathomable."

You lean, as if to give her a peck on the cheek. You whisper.

"I can't pay with no work."

She looks at you, eyes wild. She quickly surveys the room. For a moment, she seems ready to strike, but with a sigh she shrugs her shoulders.

"Of course, the greatest hero of the realm would never truly be charged here, at the Horse and Toad!"

She says, loud enough for everyone to hear. You hear a quiet grumble in the crowd, and a few whispers.

"In fact," She continues, a grin now creeping across her lips. "Our hero here has come all this way to do us all a grand favor! He intends to kill the Wabbagon!"

The crowd erupts with a cheer. You hear a drunk halfling talk about ordering you a drink.

"Isn't that right, hero?" Findisier asks.

"Well of course, Findisier! I am here to serve the people, and have rock bottom rates, to boot!"

You turn to face the crowd.

"Ain't nobody here got a problem worse than the Wabbagon." Findisier whispers.

>Order a drink, quietly ask Findisier about the Wabbagon
>Ask the townsfolk present about the Wabbagon
>Leave, it's only a few hours ride to the next town
>>
File: image.png (289KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289KB, 640x480px
>>1534844
Am saddened by no kiss.
But Onward.

>Ask the townsfolk present about the Wabbagon

Second time I switched to different tab after hitting submit and it didn't go through. MFW
>>
>>1534885
ask about this weird monster, then kill it

bonus points for cursing like a sailor while doing it
>>
>>1534844
>Order a drink, quietly ask Findisier about the Wabbagon
>>
You move through the crowd, mingling. You pick up rumours about the creature.

>It is like a bear, but bigger than any bear
>It has been spotted stealing a sheep from a local farmer
>It is said to reside somewhere in the forest
>Some say it resembles a great bird
>The mayor believes the beast has taken his son

One man, a wrinkled, leathery, old, farmer relates to you an epic tale.

"About a fortnight ago, I was lyin' awake, listenin' to the sounds of the crickets chirpin' away, when I hear a great big crunch like a sack of sticks being stomped on."

He puffs on his pipe, pausing for effect.

"So I look out me window, and there's the beast. On all fours, a great big grey creature with great glowing disks for eyes! It had me sheep Bessel by the neck and was just about to bound away when..."

He looks about, as if to see who's listening.

"It turned its head all the way 'round, like some demon thing. It shot me a look that made my sweat run cold and sent shivers down me spine. It must be a demon. Had me frozen there like I was cursed."

Some of the towsfolk seem unimpressed, but more than a few are visually shaken. A few agree that his story matches the profile for the beast.

Where will you go first?

>Investigate the nearby wood
>Investigate the farm where it was last seen
>Speak to the mayor of the town
>>
>>1535503
>>Speak to the mayor of the town
Inquire about the sightings, and ask about a reward.
>>
>>1535503
Best to figure out when the beast was first seen and when his son disappeared, as well as anyone else.
>>
>>1535503
>>
After being refused a room at the Horse and Toad, you find yourself sleeping in a clearing nearby. You've spent many nights like this, staring up at the stars on a threadbare bedroll.

You resolve to visit the mayor in the morning, his villa being only a short ride from the tavern. You've heard mixed rumours from the townsfolk about him. Some say he is a vile, tax collecting villain, while others praise his ability to preserve their little village against the harsh realities of life the Middle Span, the great forested area inland of the coastal cities of the Isle of Alridia.

Your horse is trained to wake you at any sign of trouble, but is clearly nodding off as you do yourself. The small camp-fire beside you crackles and crickets chirp their songs as you drift off to sleep.

You awake feeling invigorated. (Add +1 to your first roll today)

You set off towards the mayors villa with a sense of determination. As you make your way through the village, you pass a few of the folk.

>You see a building that was not present last you were here, its windows full of goods drawing your eye as you ride by. The freshly painted sign reads "Gessip's Goods and Grocery" in the common tongue and bears the alchemical elven rune. You stop to browse.

>A group of women are dancing by the roadside. Mostly human, with a few elves, they jump and flail their arms to the beat of a chanting woman in a silver robe. You can't help but investigate.

>You see a bull pushing against the roadside border of a long fence. The fence is nearly broken from the pushing of the immense beast. Your horse nearly bucks you off as you pass by, startled by the bull's grunting. You stop to help.

>You ride directly to the villa. You don't have time to waste.

Also, props to the guy that made this art, just google searched some shit and this felt so right.
>>
>>1539791
>You see a building that was not present last you were here, its windows full of goods drawing your eye as you ride by. The freshly painted sign reads "Gessip's Goods and Grocery" in the common tongue and bears the alchemical elven rune. You stop to browse.
>>
>>1539791
>You see a bull pushing against the roadside border of a long fence. The fence is nearly broken from the pushing of the immense beast. Your horse nearly bucks you off as you pass by, startled by the bull's grunting. You stop to help.

Do remember the location of that store though, we should return when we have funding to spend
>>
>>1540013
Seconding.
>>
You stop your horse, and more clearly survey the situation. Approaching the bull, you notice that despite its great size, it seems wary
of you. It's horns are long an sharp, but it seems far more intent on destroying the fence than attacking you.

You see a farmhouse in the distance, and near it, a herd of cows grazes in the pasture. They seem unaware of their comrades attempts at escape.

The fence is in serious danger of breaking. It could give way any second.

You decide it would be prudent to act.

>"Bwaghhhhhh!" In an attempt to scare the bull away from the compromised fencing

>Jump the fence with your horse and head towards the farmhouse to alert the bull's owner

>Strike the bull

>Carry on down the road
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>Strike the bull

We got the high ground+vult advantage, hit it right between the eyes.
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>1540240
>Strike the bull
>>
Roll 2d6+2
>>
Rolled 5, 3 + 2 = 10 (2d6 + 2)

>>1541234
>>
Rolled 2, 3 + 2 = 7 (2d6 + 2)

>>1541234
>>
Rolled 2, 1 + 2 = 5 (2d6 + 2)

>>1541234
>>
File: _84929448_028297795-1.jpg (29KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_84929448_028297795-1.jpg
29KB, 624x351px
You carefully make your way towards the bull. Attempting to strike it is difficult because of its movement.

It watches you raise your mace with a large brown eye. You strike its shoulder, intent to drive it off.

The muscled flesh of the great beast ripples with the impact.

It erupts with rage. Wheeling around, it decides to charge you. You feel at the speed it's moving it could leap over or even completely destroy the fence between you.

Roll 2d6+1
>>
Rolled 4, 6 + 1 = 11 (2d6 + 1)

>>1548160
Rawling
>>
Rolled 5, 6 + 1 = 12 (2d6 + 1)

>>1548160

Whoops
>>
Rolled 1, 1 + 1 = 3 (2d6 + 1)

>>1548160
RAWHIDE
>>1548569
noice
>>
File: ur dead kiddo.jpg (9KB, 236x251px) Image search: [Google]
ur dead kiddo.jpg
9KB, 236x251px
>>1550059
CRITICAL FAILURE (Using this instead of avg of first three)

You turn and attempt to run to your horse. The sound of the charging bull shakes the earth, you hear the snorts and grunts as it mobilizes it's huge, horned bulk in your direction.

Looking back, you see it clear the fence in a quick leap, and before you can turn your head, it hits you.

Roll 1d10+3 for the damage you take.
Crits wont cancel out the average for damage.
>>
>>1551363
Not sure why you took the worst one...but...eh
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.