[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirates of the Pacific IV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ship4.png (357KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
ship4.png
357KB, 852x480px
You are Theo, a 21 year old kid from a pacific american coastal town, and for some reason despite the current year, you want to become a pirate.

Where we last left off, you looted a trawler and stole some merchant coaster routes.

Working Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=pirates%20of%20the%20pacific
Discord: https://discord.gg/mxBbaqC
Rules, Inventory, and Current Cast: https://pastebin.com/KgLPGUqc

Posting last turn:

> Buy four ski masks and a pair of jeans.

"What do you think Randy? Too skinny? Too baggy?" you model off your jeans. Randy is unimpressed. He' speaks to you in a unstuttery voice as he browses his charging laptop.

"Take a look at this Theo. All the routes from here till December. The next couple of shipments leave in two days time. We can reach either if we leave north or south of here when we go back."

You make an exaggerated sigh. "C'mon Randy, cut it out, don't you want something? I still got $173!"

Randy scoffs. "What am I your girlfriend? All I need is this map, and I'm happy enough. Though I still think you should've let me get it, but can't complain now, this is great!"

You leave with your purchases and Chinese food, and gather up Jimmy. He shows you his total tips: $17.23.

Back at the ship, you give Shaun the Chinese food in thanks for looking over the ship. He eats the cold seafood in silence. You sense he's not resentful, and your relationship is alright.

You start off to sea again! Randy asks where you should go?

> Travel north along the coast, raiding along the way
> Travel south along the coast, raiding along the way

During ship time...
> Study How to Impress Strangers and Effect Other People
> Practice guitar with Jimmy
> Practice knife combat with Jimmy
> Practice Chinese with Shaun
> Look through laptop
> Look through the GPS
> Write in
>>
Let's go north.
Practice Chinese. We really lucked out with his improve, but we can't keep counting on it.
>>
>>1525862
>> Travel south along the coast, raiding along the way
>> Practice Chinese with Shaun
I'd prefer not to tangle with the USCG
>>
Got one for north and one for south.
>>
>>1527843
Travel south
>>
>>1527920
Seconded
>>
>>1530682
>>1527920
>>1527177
Im sorry guys, I haven't been too active, hopefully theres enough of you out there that'll still participate even if this bumps with fewer replies

You order the navigator to take you south! Warmer weather, spicier culture, and an obese sea-cook awaits you further south!

You take time to study Chinese with Shaun. You learn that of all your crew-mates, Shaun's probably got the biggest balls: his whole motivation for pirating was for the thrill of being a rogue, not some dilly dally exploration quest like the other crew! You relate deeply with his desire to be a hero, like a co-star in your movie.

The only barrier that separates your improv buddy-to-be is language. You seriously sit down and learn more Chinese, while in turn he learns more English.

"Captain...Thee Yo... isa... pya rit captain"

"Yes Shaun, excellent! Now go tell Randy that"

You giggle as he bothers Randy, who's hunched over the laptop glow. He stutters in surprise. Shaun goes into the makeshift closet/kitchen, presumably to make himself a sandwich.

> Shaun +10 XP
> New Skill: English
> Level 1: 30/100

>Theo +15 XP
> Level 2: 150/150 -> Level 3: 0/300

> Level Up! Please choose a skill to level up in
> Speech (II)
> Disguise (I)
> Knife (I)

Randy comes out, and announces that they are coming up on a route of another ship! Upon observation, you see a:

(Roll 3d6)
> Merchant Coaster [Navigation: Routine]
> Small Sea Touring Ferry [Navigation: Medium]
> Catamaran [Navigation: Hard]
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 6 = 10 (3d6)

>>1533065
>> Speech (II)
It's been our greatest asset so far.
> Small Sea Touring Ferry [Navigation: Medium]
We've got the navigation, right?
>>
Rolled 5, 2, 1 = 8 (3d6)

>>1533065
>Speech (II)
>>
>>1535061
>>1533222
You level up Speech, and now have Speech (III)! Your speech rolls will have a +2 bonus when used!

(10+8)/2 = 9 < 11

Routine check.

> Randy +20 XP
> Level 1: 60/100
adjusted by adding xp from the last random ship encounter

You approach one of the merchant coasters travelling on a route from the data you stole. The ship is a bit larger than yours, with space for a few cargo containers and a larger bridge that sits atop what you imagine to be rooms more diverse than your closet. If anything, you think, the ship itself could be a treasure.

Randy reminds you these cruisers usually carry a crew ranging from 8-15 people. You approach the ship from the rear. . He asks what you want to do.

(Roll for skill checks)
> Route around in front and play the broken ship again! Need to trust Randy to pull it off well... [Navigation: Easy]
> Infiltrate the ship from behind! Set up the fishing crane to make a path up to the deck!
> Ram the ship port side! Use the fishing crane as the naval ram!
>>
>Route around in front and play broken ship
>>
>>1535868
roll please?
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>1535774
>Route around in front and play broken ship
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 6 = 10 (3d6)

>>
rip quest
>>
>>1549040
Damn
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.