[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Nomadic Scavenger (The Hopefully Not Shit Edition)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0711.jpg (129KB, 950x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.jpg
129KB, 950x420px
Ok, I'm gonna start this from the beginning because I most likely made my last attempt go to hell.

"Oy! Lukas! Wake up! You've got a long two weeks ahead of you! Get up!" Your mother yells from the kitchen. It really is gonna be a long 14 days, considering how you're being exiled at the age of 20. Now you shouldn't panic, considering how your peers are assigned to join you in this fate as a rite of passage rather than punishment.

You start off the early morning by checking your rucksack. Your starting inventory consists of some food, 3 days worth of water, some scrap and basic tools, a trusty rusty knife and some rope.

You finish up breakfast quick, greet your elders, and set out when a hand resting on your shoulder interrupts your endeavor.

"Where do you think you're going?"

You turn around to see the Overseer, the leader of this great clan.

"I was just heading out to-" you say as you defend your actions.

"You're not going anywhere until you've met up with your friends. You don't wanna leave a bad last impression now, do you?" He replies.

He is kinda right. This is usually the last time most people ever see their friends. The desert ruins out there hold many secrets and horrors. Shelter amongst your clan mates in strongholds such as these is the only life most of you have known. A tradition like this was put in place to weed out the useless and undeserving.

"Hey, Scraphound! Get over here!" A voice yells from the crowd. You rush over there to be greeted by Natalie, your childhood friend who still remembers your old nickname, Drake, your shooting practice buddy, Kylie, the popular girl whom you managed to befriend somehow, and Jeff, that guy who can find the most interesting things in the strangest of places. You where known for being a prodigy pupil when it came to repairing "Pre-Fall" tech and occasionally slapping scrap together to make toys when you were younger.

After some catching up and socializing, it was time for everyone to be on their merry way into the dried up remains of the coast. Some of your clan mates have spread rumor of a town nearby in the south for "temporary adventurers" such as yourself, but you've also heard stories from an elder about something interesting up north. You honestly can remember the finer details about either option, but you know you need to choose. Where do you go?

>South (Stick with friends)
>North (Loner for now)
>>
Hello? Anyone out there?
>>
>>1513576

Probs not

>North
>>
>>1513576
Nah m8.
>>1513466
>>North (Loner for now)
Loner tutorial.

>>1513466
>Ok, I'm gonna start this from the beginning because I most likely made my last attempt go to hell.
What makes you think that?
>>
>>1514220

yeah wtf was wrong with the last try?
>>
>>1513466
>>North (Loner for now)
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1514220
I think that because it didn't gain much attention and since nobody replied to the last post, which I admit was weird now that I think of it. If you guys really wanted to, I could skip ahead to where it left off at but only with the important bits.

The desert heat was merciless, but your endurance has rewarded you with a lush oasis and a ruined factory. Who knows what goodies await discovery within it. Guns? Mechs? Warships? Ok, that last one was too hopeful but you never know!

As you were running to get to the oasis sooner, you catch a glimpse of some people and their small trading ship. They don't appear too friendly, so you did your best to hide behind tall dunes whenever it was possible...
>>
>>1516480
"What was that?" A voice mutters.

You hurry over to the next dune carefully. They might have noticed you, so brace yourself for the worst and pull out a knife. Hopefully, they don't have a gun on them...

"Nah, it's just some Feral Dogs wandering around. These critters tend to split up often without trying and are easy to hunt. Let's go, the 'package' needs to get there as soon as possible." Says another voice.

As you make the final few inches to the oasis, you sigh in relief knowing you dodged a bullet to the head. You know have a bit of knowledge involving the local fauna, a good water source, a good looting spot, and a few options.

>Build a shelter (Go hunting for food and pelts, attempt to cut a tree with a knife [it's difficult but possible, I swear] and spend the rest of the night with no encounters)
>Go looting in the factory (Find useful tools, scrap, weapons and rarely vehicles or interesting random encounters. You will be attacked at nightfall, however)
>Keep traveling (Simply a random encounter)
>>
>>1516500
>>Build a shelter (Go hunting for food and pelts, attempt to cut a tree with a knife [it's difficult but possible, I swear] and spend the rest of the night with no encounters)
Get some shelter this time round.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>1516620
I wonder how many feral dogs you will run into...
>>
Two Feral Dogs were roaming around, looking for somebody to feast upon. Luckily, you were also looking for something to skin and slaughter for personal benefit. You've only got your knife on you, so you did the only reasonable thing...
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1516810
Forgot to roll
>>
>>1516828
Victory doesn't always come cheap...

You managed to surprise one of them by suddenly jumping off a dune. You landed with the knife hitting one of them directly in the back, killing it with the impact. The other regained its senses and ran back to get some space. You get up, recovering from the fall, only to see that it's about to bite your leg.

You tried flanking, but it was too late. The last thing it ever tasted was your leg.

Now that you have some spare food, you can lure more dogs out in the open. But first, you might wanna tend to your wounds.

What's the plan?
>Keep hunting with a wounded leg
>Make a splint with the resources in the oasis and your inventory
>Check for medical supplies in the ruins
>Write in (be specific)
>>
>>1516906
>Check for medical supplies or anything of value in the ruins.
>>
Rolled 13, 20, 6, 2, 7, 19 = 67 (6d20)

You limp slowly over to the entrance of the ruins. Hopefully, there were medical supplies for the workers when they got injured...
>>
>>1516963
You've found wrappings for a splint, a pistol with a worn grip (+1 to bullet loss when shooting due to less accuracy), some ammo (18) and a scared feral puppy. It doesn't seem harmful, but you could use it as a friend or as food. Or simply focus on the fact that your leg is wrecked.

You can:
>Befriend it (uses up food)
>Kill it (provides food)
>Ignore it (go straight to healing yourself and trying to make a camp)
>>
>>1516985
Well, I think we've got more food than we could eat before it starts to rot, we could befriend him for now, feed him and if the time comes we could eat him.
Either way it's both a friend and a way to keep a food reserve for now.

>Befriend it (uses up food)
>>
>>1517051
You befriended the feral puppet through the most common way of obtaining a friend:
BRIBERY

You head back to the oasis, take a random twig off of a tree, and use it in your splint. You can now run fine.

Gonna be back after awhile, have to do something...
>>
>>1517124
Alright, see you later OP
>>
Actually, I think this was a bad idea... I still feel new to running a quest... I'll go back to lurking... maybe sometime I the future a similar quest will take over and erase any memory of me...
>>
To anyone, feel free to take over if it seemed like a good idea to you...
>>
>>1521264
Well, have fun QM.
>>
>>1521264
See ya op.
>>
>>1516480
>I think that because it didn't gain much attention and since nobody replied to the last post,
For the last post, I think that's related to how it was about to be bumped off the board.
>>
>>1521264
I actually liked your quest.

Most quests don't get as much attention as we, QMers want, but that doesn't means your quests are bad.
Just be persistent and more people will join as time goes by.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.