[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pilgrim and Child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Tavern.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tavern.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
He cleaned the glass with even circles. It had been an early close, not much traffic in Birlo lately -- nobody wanted into the wastes anymore. He had sat the last clean glass down when he became aware of a presence behind him. An even, unhurried turn accompanied the phrase: "I'm sorry but we'-"

Cut off by the visage before him. The figure was wrapped in rotting rags, its breath clouded the air despite
the warmth of the fading day., its voice was disturbingly human despite appearances, although if one
listened closely you could hear faint rustling like a thousand insectile legs over dead sand. "Do you still
have stew, sir?"

"I- well- yes I'll bring you a bowl." Despite the rags, the bartender felt as though the thing smiled. It
brought a hand covered in rags and placed a single small silver coin on the table. The bartender's eyes
widened every so slightly, it had been a long time since anyone had brought that kind of money into his
establishment -- the nobles didn't come out to the wastes any longer you see.

"I can't make change for that."
"I know, the soup please sir."

In addition to the soup, the bartender brought a mug of ale and some bread from that morning. It ate with
care, each morsel considered before disappearing soundlessly into the dark maw of where the rags
ended around where in most folk would be the head. It did not spill so much as a single crumb.
"Thank you, sir. Would you hear out a pilgrim's request, sir?"
The bartender didn't feel as though he had much choice in the matter.

"I should tell you first that the legends of the wastes are true, and that the holy things I go to on this
pilgrimage are not places -- but people, children. Your youngest is one such holy thing. There is a chance
to ensure that which will awake does not take the world, but that which is holy must unite. I know this is
sudden, but I hope that you will allow me to help your child prepare for destiny."

It was strange, the bartender felt as though this should be threatening. Yet it did not feel that way at all.
He could feel himself assenting. Before even realizing what he was doing he was calling out to the child.
The bartender was assured that the child would be cared for, that all would be seen to.

None questioned this decision, and with time the thoughts of the young child would fade. But, while
memories fade existence did not. The child and pilgrim make their way south, towards the heart of a
small kingdom.

As they set off the pilgrim leans over to the child, "Hello little one, what is your name?"

>Who are you?
This is a fantasy setting, pick race and name.
>>
>>1509922
Name: Maegda
Race: Goliath
>>
>>1510015
The pilgrim, standing at four-and-a-half feet does not need to lean over much, even for
the eight-year-old child.

"Maegda" Once more the pilgrim seems to smile without their face being visible.

"Good to meet you Maegda, you can call me Pilgrim. I'm going to be taking you to a
new home." The child merely nods. The trip is long but uneventful, despite
appearances, no one seems to bother the pilgrim and the giant child.

You arrive in the Kingdom, more of a city state really, of Roseburn. Here you meet a
bright man who is all smiles.

"Hello, Maegda! I've heard so much about you! My name is Alphonse, you can call me
Al." He beams, "thank you so much." He looks to the Pilgrim, who bows, "It was my
pleasure, sir."

"Well first things first, a tour!" The man is expressive with his hands, waving them here
and there as he speaks. You did take basic note of your surrounding. A half a league
from the outer walls of Roseburn, the short clearly decorative walls of the estate have
a dozen servants busying themselves with various tasks. You can see four larger
building in addition to a variety of smaller sheds, gazebos, and the like. The owner
clearly has money to throw around.

Tired from long days of marching, you plod along and grasp the general idea that the
man gets to.

You will be staying in one of the buildings, the dorms he calls them. There is a large
training hall, with open areas to learn and lecture-esque theatres. Finally, there is the
main mansion, where he along with the servants reside.

You nearly fall asleep standing, and he catches you as you tilt hard to the right. "I knew
I was boring but this reaches new heights." He laughed mostly at himself. "Your
journey was long for one of your age and our dear friend tends to travel quite tirelessly.
He forgets that some of us grow tired, not that I have any right to critique."

"I apologize but I'm afraid there is one last thing to do before I can show you to your
room. Attunement." He leads you to the training hall, bringing you into a small side
room, with three deep pools of water.

He directs you to a seat, cold stone, that you rest in gratefully. "Please focus on the
pools." He smiles. As you do the pools flicker, red, blue, yellow.

>Which pool is the brightest? Second brightest?
>>
>>1510804
Red, Blue
>>
>>1510804

Yellow is brightest, blue is second brightest
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

tie breaker between red and yellow for primary. Then writing.
>>
He looks carefully at the pools. "The gods favor you. You are a Willworker. We will go over what this means as time goes on. For now, you may rest."

You go to a small but nice room, this bed, unlike the many others you slept in along the way, is actually long enough for you -- with some room to spare.

You awake to a soft knock at the door.

>What do you do?
Also what gender is Maegda? I assume female but not sure how naming works for Goliaths.
>>
>>1511376

You are Maegda, many assume you are a great male goliath, towering over your peers from a young age and incredibly strong and tough even for a goliath.
But...
You are a woman, your mountain tribe took it as a bad omen that one of the fairer sex would be born as an exemplar of the goliath people, so they sold you to the small man who works the tavern near the wastes, they too forgot you, though they did not require some wanderer's magic to do so, only fear and guilt.
>>
>>1511376
>>1511429

oops only saw the gender thing sorry

get out of bed, dress and answer the door
>>
File: Maid.jpg (65KB, 481x500px) Image search: [Google]
Maid.jpg
65KB, 481x500px
>>1511429
okay.jpg
>>1511720
Still dressed in your traveler's leathers from the night before you realize you have nothing
to change into. You open the door to a young human woman dressed in a servant's garb.
She's carrying some other clothing.

"We've to get you washed and clothed not-so-little-one." She smiled at her own joke.
Which is exactly what she does, leading you to a bath and washing you. You are,
however, left to clothe yourself. When you're finished you're brought before the owner of
the mansion, with whom you share a meal.

You sit in what seems from your brief impression of him to be uncharacteristic silence
when finished the meal he grins.

"Now then I'm sure you have many questions! So, I'll answer three, think carefully!"

>What do you ask?
Going to bed, I'll be back around 7pm pst tomorrow (May 29th)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.