[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trench Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17

File: Map-of-the-trenches (1).jpg (658KB, 1959x1739px) Image search: [Google]
Map-of-the-trenches (1).jpg
658KB, 1959x1739px
During an attack on the German lines you and your men were almost totally obliterated, or so you assumed you didn't actually see it happen. After the German machine guns opened up on your lines you lost your nerves and dived down in the first slight indent in the land you could find and tried to keep as low as possible. You had stayed like that throughout the battle and waited till night to move. Trying to get back to your lines in the dark while bullets flew by your head was rather hard it seemed and you found yourself diving to the ground at every burst of a shell, or rat-tat-tat of an MG.

Crawling in full kit was tiring and the constant cracking of bullets by your person was rather nerve racking, though the storm of shrapnel and bullets had subsided greatly, and moved more down the line. Nevertheless you considered ditching your gear, at least in part.

As you slowly move up a small hill past some light shrubbery you see mound of sandbags. You quickly lay down as quiet as you can and crawl to the shrubbery.

What do you do?

>Call out.

>Wait and listen, don't know who's in there!

>Jump in the trench.
>>
>>1509891
>>
>>1509891
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 179x281px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 179x281px
You decide to wait and listen, don't want to jump straight into a trench full of Boche.

As you sit and try to discern if the trench is currently occupied you think you hear whispers from the hole, you can't tell if this is French or German exactly. Just as you were considering your next course of action a shell lands about 30 feet away sending shrapnel through the trees you were currently hunkered by.

You must do something quick!

>Call out and ask if they're fellow Frenchmen

>Fix bayonet and charge!

>Jump in the trench screaming "I surrender, I'm friendly!"

>Write in
>>
>>1510209
>Fix bayonet and charge!
Very high probability that the germans are holding this position still. And if its a bunch of allies we can always redirect the bayonet.
>>
>>1510209
>Fix bayonet and charge!
>>
>Fix bayonet and charge!
>>
>>1511291
>>1511276
>>1511233

Sorry starting this so late at night was probably really dumb, and getting it back up again this early is too. Fuck it though, I'll write, hopefully some people come by again.
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 293x172px
You grab your Lebel and pull it to yourself, affixing the bayonet with a slight clatter. You stand and charge, the rather long and heavy weapon was not too suitable in the trenches but it would have to make do.

"Viva La France!" you call, trying to sound less frightened than you were. You practically dive into the trench, which was rather deep and narrow and before you can regain your senses and adjust your eyes,immediately BAM! You're whacked in the head with the butt of a rifle stock sending you tumbling to the ground. "You dolt, we're comrades! Frenchman! Frenchman! Has the war made you mad!"

This man seems rather angry.

cont.
>>
>>1512911

The man grabs and pulls you up.

"Go easy on the babe, the first time is always the worst!" a voice calls from the shadows.

>I'm not a babe, I've been at the front 3 months! (or however many months/years you want)

>S-sorry, I lost my nerve. I can't get used to noise.

>Write in.
>>
>>1512919
>swift apology, give a report of what battalion we are assigned to and see if the opperation has changed in any way.
We should regroup with our platoon and continue our opperation unperturbed if possible. But if we cant we should join these guys and at least complete their mission
>>
"Sorry sir, I'm with second battalion an-" you are cut off by the old grizzled man "2nd battalion huh, one of the first sent out....there are none of you left" he states matter-of-factly. "Here kid." he starts up again "Stick with us, we're fixin' to move up to the German line, by the river. Some of ours made it and is holding."

As your eyes adjust to the darkness you see three men. One a rather plump man with a big bushy mustache, another thin looking kid with deep sunken eyes, dark rings circle his eyes. The old man currently grabbing your collar has particularly chiseled chin, almost covered by a dark, short, scraggly beard. He introduces himself "I'm Amou, the fat one is Allard and the thin guy is Searlas."

>Ok, I'll follow you guys for a while.

>Go closer to the bombs? You're insane!

>I want to find my guys, can you show me the way back to our lines? Maybe I'll find the scraps the found their way back.

>Write in.
>>
>>1512965

>OK, give me a second to look around the trench

Forgot this because I'm retarded.

I was going to loosely set this around the first battle of Champagne in December, the character was going to be a patriotic young guys who doesn't know what he's in for, but if one of you guys have any suggestion for our character here like backstory and personality go ahead.
>>
>>1512965
>pleasure. My freinds called me papa, Ill leave a report to your superiors about my situation.
>>
>>1512992
This
>>
if you want a character, he PRETENDS to be a French army man but is infact a Nazi sleeper agent
>>
>>1512992
I think you're under the impression this is a more organized affair than it actually is. These men were in the same situation you were just minutes ago, and nobody knows what is really going on.

The whole of the attack seems to be an utter failure. Cohesion is totally non-existent and the generals and orderly's are totally overwhelmed without a hint of what to do next except send more men in with the hopes of holding what they've gained.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry it seems.
>>
>>1512992
>>1513049

"Pleasure. My friends call me Papa, I'll leave a report to your superiors about my situation, perhaps they could help me find my men."

"Heh, superiors he says!" Searlas, the skinny man, scoffs at your reply.

The fat man speaks up "They're either cowering in our trenches rounding up more men to send off to the afterlife, or dead in no mans land."

"So are you comin' are not we need to go before the sun comes up, the Boche will be able to see us easy then."

>Of course I'll come.

>I'll take my chances alone, looking for our lines.

>Write in.
>>
of course ill come
>>
btw, it's not viva la france, but vive la france
>>
>>1513108
>>Of course I'll come.
>>
>>1513108
>I'll take my chances alone, looking for our lines.
>>
"Of course I'll come"

"Alright! When Searlas was out trying to find out what the hell was going on he stumbled upon a section held by our guys, let's hope they still got it and the Germans haven't beat them back." He steps up on the firing step, peeking above the parapet, he then beckons you to do the same. "You see that?" He points to a hill a good distance off, it's beaten and battered full of shell holes. "Right over the hill and past some woods is the section we hold."

Right then a flare popped up fare in the air, illuminating the whole of the battlefield, you and Amou duck down below the parapet. Shots ring out and you hear a yelp of pain....poor sod was caught by a bullet. The rat-tat-tat of MG's start up again.

"Well let's go quick, before the German shoot another flare." Amou says.

cont.
>>
>>1513136

Allard and Searlas both rise to their feet and step up to the firing step.

"On my signal" ........... "Now! Stay low!"

You all climb out of the trench and slowly make your way to the base of the hill. Now that you're closer you can make out barbed wire at the top of the hill, you all drop to your bellies and slowly slosh your way up the hill, in and out of the shell holes, past mangled corpses and broken equipment. When you're all about 15 feet from the structure you can make out the specifics of the trench with more clarity. "Trench" may not be the right word exactly, it more resembled loose scrapings in the ground than anything.

Amou motion for you all to stop, he brings his finger up in a "Shh" motion.

You all sit listen, which turned out to be good because just then a Boche slides into the impromptu trench.

"Der Franzose hat unseren Gegenangriff zurückgewiesen. Die, die hier durchkamen, sind ziemlich hartnäckig.".......

"Gibt es mehr rauchen?"

"Ja, hier." another voice sounds

cont.
>>
File: V37986-1.jpg (47KB, 334x499px) Image search: [Google]
V37986-1.jpg
47KB, 334x499px
>>1513159

You feel relieved these Germans aren't taking their job of lookout too serious.

You see Allard, he's taking out a hand grenade from his greatcoat.

>Good let him blow these Boche away, better than my plan....because I didn't have one.

>Stop him, they've done nothing to use!

>Stop him. The grenade is too messy a weapon, we'll charge them with with our bayonets!"
>>
>>1513167

Stop him, they've done nothing to us***!

Correcting that.
>>
>>1513167
>Signal to allard to throw at our signal, spread out to the right while searlas goes left. We fire the first shot at some germans not in the perceived blast zone. Allard will then throw the grenade while we pincer and crossfire.
>>
File: zC9aNreN9ECI61EHbQwYPAe1QHv.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zC9aNreN9ECI61EHbQwYPAe1QHv.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
You wave you hands trying to get Allard and Searlas' attention. Searlas doesn't seem to follow what he is to do but Allard nods his head along and ready's his grenade.

You count down from 3 to 1 with your hands

Allard tosses the grenade in the trench occupied by the Germans.

"Was zum!"

"Geh raus!"

Three Germans claw their way up and out of the trench!

BAM!

The grenade goes off with a roar, throwing dirt over you, two Germans slump back into their hole one flails violently out in front of you contorting with agony.

"Mein Fuß, oh Gott, mein Fuß!"

Quickly Searlas jumps up and stabs the Boche in his neck. Amou runs over and then throws himself into the trench. Searlas does the same. Then Allard heaves himself up with a huff and CRACK! You see a shadowy figure dart back into the ground. Allard falls next to you, he groans, you can hear the wheeze of air leave his body.

>Go to Allard.

>Dive in the hole.

>Stay put and take aim, I will deal with this dastardly Boche!

>Write in.
>>
>>1513282
>Go to Allard.
Emergency first aid if we can. Set him off to the side out of danger in any case, then get back to shooting.
>>
>>1513282
>Dive in the hole.
>>
>>1513290
>>1513291

I'll wait for a tie breaker, than write.
>>
Go to allard
>>
Writing.
>>
You drag yourself to Allard. He is slumped over and barley conscious he is muttering something incoherent and seems to be in a lot of pain.

There is blood seeping our his back onto the hillside.

"Was ist das alles?" You hear a far off voice yell.

It is definetly not a good idea to stay out in the open!

>Try to get Allard and yourself to the trench!

>Allard is too heavy, he will get me killed! Leave him.

>Try to pull Allard and yourself to the nearest shell hole.

>Jump into the nearest shell hole, leaving Allard

>Dig through my pack and look for a bandage, Allard will die at this rate!

>Write in
>>
>>1513319
>>
>>1513319
>>
Writing.
>>
You grab Allard by his shoulders. He groans in pain as you drag him through the dirt slightly down the hill. You and him land with a thud and a splash in a shell hole. As you try and recline him against the slop of the hole, out of the mud.

"Französisch flankiert uns, schießt diesen Hügel schnell!"

You hear a lot of commotion about 200 feet away an MG opens up! Bullets thwack against the dirt that had been pilled up by the trench for safety. Good thing your safe a ways back in your shell hole, Searlas and Amou must be scared shitless though.

>Tend to Allard.

>When the MG fire dies down try and get a look.

>Allard is as good as dead. Loot him.

>Write in.
>>
>>1513370
>When the MG fire dies down try and get a look.
and if nobody is coming our way
>Tend to Allard.
>>
>>1513375

You peak your head up to get a lay of the land.

OK, so this is my terrible MS paint thing. Supposed to be what it looks like, vaguely.
>>
File: Untitled.png (26KB, 1500x596px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26KB, 1500x596px
>>1513390

>Forgets the picture

HAHA Kill me.
>>
>>1513392
So, since it looks like nobody is coming we should try to patch up Allard and then we should try to get back, maybe using the riverside. Or we can try to find Amou and Searlas first.
>>
It seems you're relatively safe from danger, so you decide to tend to Allard.

He is still except for his legs which are kicking tiredly. He is huffing and kicking with the look of a madman. He seems to be staring past you....he seems scared or mad...or both.

>What do you want to do?
>>
>>1513410
Put some cloth in his mouth so he doesn't start screaming, for precaution. Then look if he's wounded or if he really went mad.
>>
File: adfuosdhbvasduibasd.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
adfuosdhbvasduibasd.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
You take off your pack and open it. After some rummaging you take out some dirty cloth. It'll have to do.

"Sorry Allard, just be quiet I'll make this quick."

You shove the rag in his mouth with some force. His eyes are pleading with you.

You unbutton his great coat, his shirt is soaked with blood. With a swift slice of your bayonet his shirt rips open, it doesn't take long to find his wound. He is bleeding profusely from a hole is his left breast. You take your clean bandaging and clump it together, matting it down on his wound. You were given no real medical training and had no idea what you were doing. At this point Allard has stopped kicking and has resided himself to dying.

He has a two things on his person that catch your eye. His bandolier and a satchel bag, slung around his shoulder.

>Loot him, I could use that ammo. The satchel probably has those grenades too!

>Let a dead man rest in peace.

>Write in (Mabye our character here is religious and wants to preform a ceremony for Allard.)
>>
>>1513456
>Loot him, I could use that ammo. The satchel probably has those grenades too!
This is war. Shit is serious and we cant be pussyfooting around. Call out to our buddies to see if they are still alive as well.
>>
>>1513473
This but also say a quick prayer
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 1500x596px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 1500x596px
You loot him, could use that ammo and the satchel probably has grenades too!

You know have more than enough rounds for your rifle, and 3 grenades. You throw your pack back on and get situated.

The machine gun has stopped it's constant hail of bullets, opting to use short, frequent bursts of gunfire to safe ammunition, presumably.

You take call out to your pals. "Amou, Searlas! Are you ok!?"

.......RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT

"Is Allard ok?!" you hear Amou call out.

"Allard is dea-" A burst from the MG cuts you off.

"What?"

RAT-TAT-TAT

"ALLARD IS DEAD!"

"TRY AND FLANK THAT GUN OR WE'RE DEAD!" Searlas screams out angrily.

After a quick prayer for your fallen comrade, Allard, you again take in what you know.

Down the hill the Germans are shooting at your friends in a hastily constructed trench. You can retreat down the hill and then ford the river using the hill you're on as cover from the MG then you'll have some good ground in a wooded area to take shots at the MG, but that sharpshooter is still at large and relatively close. There is another trench line to your right, you don't know how long it goes on for or how many Germans are in there. Nevertheless if the sharpshooter was anywhere it would be there.

>OK, what's our plan?
>>
>>1513525
Grab allard's body, hold him like a shield and haul ass to the sharpshooters trench rifle in hand. If the gun switches focus on us we could hit the dirt and soak up a couple of bullets in allard while our allies counterfire. Mabye even fire a shot or two inbetween if needed.
>>
If you just get up and leave the shell hole you are sure to be shot by the sharpshooter, good thing you've got an idea. You don't like it though.

You grab hold of Allard under his arms and pick him up like a toddler, a 300-something pound toddler, he isn't a small man but you've hefted around bigger things. Once he was situated (You grabbing on to his thighs and he leaning into you) and you felt brave enough to step up out in the open.

You struggle out of the hole, almost taking a tumble on your exit but you made it.

BAM!

Almost immediately you're knocked right back on your back pinned under Allard's corpse. That wasn't pleasant, but you were alive. Although the big guy had one more hole in him than before.

You hear whispers from the German trench

"Jetzt bleibst du fette Kuh." you hear from the sharpshooter. He must of been really close. .

"Jetzt, da die Kuh für immer aussieht, sagt der Maschinenschütze, um zu schießen, damit wir den Franzosen in dem Loch dort töten können."

"Natürlich korporal." a German replies.

You hear the sloshing of footsteps heading away.

>What do we do?
>>
>>1514758
Probably the two most distinct options at this point are to shoot the machine gunner and throw a grenade in the trench when the sharpshooter hopefully comes back, or crawl up to the trench and clear it thoroughly then grenade the nest.

The second option might take too long. So lining up a shot on that gunner since we have a slight elevation advantage from allard's body would work best. We will draw fire but its for the best I think.
>>
>>1514779
Sure
>>
>>1514779
>>1514799

OK, I'll start writing, but what should I do to decide if we hit or not? I don't want to decide arbitrarily. Should I flip a coin?
>>
>>1514823
could have us roll dice
>>
>>1514850
Yeah I'm retarded.

OK give me a little bit to set some stuff up.
>>
Due to some circumstances out of my control I can't update until at tomorrow. I'll probably be back around 4:30 EST. So if any of you care enough, yeah... Thanks for participating so far though.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.