[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monsterhearts Quest: "No, not that one" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 18

What is Monsterhearts?

Monsterhearts is a tabletop roleplaying game -- in this case, all of you will play the MC; I'll play everyone else -- evocative of YA Romantic Fantasy. Think Buffy, think Teen Wolf, think Vampire Diaries. And yes, even Twilight.

It's trashy, dark, all about sex and sexuality and above all, super fucking fun. Horror, kicking monster ass, making out with your best friend in a sleep over, then having to deal with those budding feelings while you kick some more ass.

I'm not the guy who made the previous Quest back in /tg/. I'm one of the players though.

So let's start with a basic setting. Sleepy, small town on eastern US.

Who are you?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOlUFGynXf5CsGYfA-IViMj8mQcZagRS0weZgogt8U7hs1BQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
>>
>>1506778
The ruleset is Apocalypse World, so 2d6 plus bonuses, higher is better, 7+ for a success (and 10+ for a complete success).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1qpw715kpmwVzA4Y3dpaU9GSjg

Those are the skins and in-depth explanation of the system.
>>
>>1506784
Sounds cool
>>
File: tumblr_oelhrshxkt1qgtg29o1_1280.jpg (258KB, 1280x1014px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oelhrshxkt1qgtg29o1_1280.jpg
258KB, 1280x1014px
>>1506847
Glad to know you think so! I'll leave the poll up for a bit longer so it gets a bit more interest, I suppose.

Once we have a decent number of votes, I'll start.
>>
>>1506778
Know that /qst/ is pretty dead sometimes, and this may take a while.
Also some of the skins are missing. Where's the Chosen?
>>
>>1506964
Yeah, that's why I settled for a couple hours instead of minutes.

So far the male option is on the lead, but nobody has picked the same skin twice, so I guess we'll have to pick from those options.

Also some of the skins are missing and new ones were added because that's the second edition. The Chosen was removed because it made the game too violence centered and not too social which is the main point.
>>
>>1506778
Not sure whats going on but i vote to be a male.
>>
>>1508060
Still a lack of volunteers. Its OK I can wait still, I'm interested in what this is going to become.
>>
>>1508060
So the voting is done. You'll be a male Witch, Ethan Gale.

Brooding, vengeful, secretive, and occult. The Witch bides their time, silently judging others until an opportunity for magical retribution and mischief presents itself.

They don't excel at combat so their Volatile stat is rather low. I'll let you guys decide the following and then we can finally get on with the story:

- Stat layout:

The two stat options for the Witch slant toward being either calculating and venomous (Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile -1 & Dark 1) or seductive and spooky (Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1 & Dark 2).

Pick one. Read the pdf I linked earlier to know what each stat does.

Finally, Identity. Pick one option from each.

- Look: lithe, guarded, coy, edgy,
meticulous

- Eyes: calculating eyes, smirking
eyes, playful eyes, wicked eyes,
deep eyes

- Origin: taught by grandma,
awoken, pagan initiate, tumblr,
avid reader
>>
>>1508363
>seductive and spooky (Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1 & Dark 2).

>Look: meticulous

>Eyes: playful eyes

>Origin: Pagan initiate

For once, i'd like to see a Witch that is seductive and good with people.
>>
>seductive and spooky (Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1 & Dark 2).
>Meticulous
>Smirking Eyes
>Tumblr
If this is YA fiction: the tabletop game we might as well lean into the skid
>>
>>1508363
>calculating and venomous
coy
smirking eyes
grandma
>>
>>1508404
>>1508455
>>1508482

We're just gonna go with anything that gets two votes, so let's just get that out of the way.

Seductive & Spooky. (Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1 & Dark 2).

Meticulous look.

Smirking Eyes.

And for the origin I'll go with Tumblr, that seems fitting for the YA theme and since none of the options got two votes, I'm making decisions.
>>
>>1509153
You could flip a coin, thats what most QMs do. not a big deal though
>>
File: 064.jpg (54KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
064.jpg
54KB, 1024x685px
>>1506778

The day your father told you you'd be moving into Bell Dam, you had been reasonably pissed off but hopeful for the future. A veteran, he had been lucky enough to find odd jobs in the private security business; lucky because it was a steady source of income that despite being a bit dangerous, paid decently and more often than not had him out of the house which left you all alone to do your own things. Your mother hasn't been in the picture in quite some time; your relationship is strained at best, you don't hate her for leaving your father but you simply don't care enough to keep up with her or try to visit.

But Bell Dam offered a new opportunity. Away from the city, your father had sold the little town as picturesque, straight out of a magazine. Luxurious beaches, huge houses, an active tourism industry...

But now that you're actually there, jumping out of the car after hours of listening to awful dad rock and dumb promises on how everything's going to be better from now on, you're starting to have second thoughts.

The "beach town" is actually more of a fishermen's village; the view is undeniably great and you can see why tourists would rush there in the summer time. But now? It seems bleak, empty and frankly antiquated.

Your father points towards a pristine white apartment build, right in front of the beach.

"That's us. The very top floor, they say the view from there is beautiful." He says with a cheery, almost forced tone. You have to make a conscious, physical effort to avoid rolling your eyes at this and instead help him unpack. You only brought the bare necessities with you, your father assured you the furniture was already in your apartment and you'd only need to bring clothes and whatever little mementos you needed. You brought just that, your clothes and some cards from your friends at school wishing you a happy trip. You miss them already, but at least phones and Skype are a thing.

You also brought something else with you, something your father chooses to ignore. A little black box the size of a laptop but far thicker than that, filled with crystals, bottles filled with herbs and seemingly random objects, personal items taken from those around you. Your dad briefly entertained your obsession with the occult when you were just a budding practitioner, back then you dressed in awful emo clothes so it only felt logical to try your hand at stupid spells and rituals you found on MySpace and Yahoo; but you wound up finding real power.

You're not that naive, sulky teenager with mismatched bangs anymore --thank God -- and you know about real magic now. The power to defy all logic and bend reality to your will. It's a good thing your dad still thinks you'r fooling around with it.
>>
>>1509326

After a good half an hour of unloading and unpacking; your dad nudges you towards your room. Reasonably bigger than your old room, the floor-to-ceiling windows give you that promised view of the beach. Some of your things are already here, hastily placed by either you or your father when you were unpacking.

Your dad had given you a small pile of books, informing you that you were supposed to start studying to catch up before being placed back in high school. Just a week, nothing more. A week to catch up with a whole month of missed classes seems too much, doesn't it?

Besides, this is a whole new town. Why waste time that way? You can just go outside and explore.

[1] Be a responsible boy, stay at home and study. Maybe take the time to catch up with the friends you left behind.
[2] Leave, go outside. You need a breath of fresh air and that beach seemed enticing, almost as much as the woods and hills around the small town. There's bound to be some new herbs you can add to your arsenal.
[3] Write In.
>>
>>1509380
>Be a responsible boy, stay at home and study. Maybe take the time to catch up with the friends you left behind.
At least try and bust down some stuff before we take a break.
>>
>Be a responsible boy, stay at home and study. Maybe take the time to catch up with the friends you left behind.
Seems reasonable to get this out of the way now, before the plot really kicks in.
>>
>>1509380
>[1] Be a responsible boy, stay at home and study. Maybe take the time to catch up with the friends you left behind.
>>
OP, you're going to make me miss and go binge the original monster hearts quest. You better not abandon this to die. I can't post regularly due to work shenanigans but know I'm rooting from the sidelines!
>>
>>1509483
>>1509480
>>1509409

You spend hours reading through the English book and the accompanying exercises and "homework". If this is what homeschooling is like, you'd rather take the noisy, gossipy mess of high school over this any time.

Still, you make a good headstart by focusing on your studies, tackling and solving most of the exercises and questions in the test. Really, catching up isn't like you're learning anything new, just repeating the same old things you've been studying for literal years. Verbs, conjugation, grammar, whatever.

You've done around half of the booklet and are starting to get tired when you finally stop to unwind a little. By now the scenic view of the empty beach has changed to what's frankly the most beautiful sunset you've ever seen. You take some time off to just watch in awe as the sun sets in the distance, the sky slowly changing hues...

It's beautiful and you feel refreshed, but that's not what you had been planning to do. Finally looking away you search through your things, pulling the black box from underneath some sweaters and pop it open. A small spell for new beginnings is a good way of starting this new part of your life right? Or maybe a protection spell? You're debating this, looking through the vials and bottles when you feel your phone buzzing in your pocket; you pull it up, a message in the screen.

"u up?"
A smile forms on your lips as you recognize the number.

It's...

[1] Jessica. A tomboyish girl fresh out of her own goth phase, you've bonded over your interest in the occult, through she doesn't seem to have any actual power like you do.

[2] Daniel. Your best friend; a bit of a jock, you became friends because he's a sucker for horror movies and surprisingly enough he overheard you talking about one and started asking about it.

[3] Write In.
>>
>>1509729
>[1] Jessica. A tomboyish girl fresh out of her own goth phase, you've bonded over your interest in the occult, through she doesn't seem to have any actual power like you do.
>>
>>1509729
>[2] Daniel. Your best friend; a bit of a jock, you became friends because he's a sucker for horror movies and surprisingly enough he overheard you talking about one and started asking about it.
Too many times have I been reading quests that turned into waifu wars. BROS!
>>
>>1509953
This is Monsterhearts, your bro can be your waifu too, anon.
>>1509580
It was great, man. Glorious. I'll try to stick around.
>>
File: [starry eyes].jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
[starry eyes].jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>1510092
HEYO, THAT'S ACTUALLY AMAZING! (though I believe the correct term is husbando)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1509953
>>1509805

Since we're not getting any more replies; I'll roll for this.
>>
>>1510198
So....did Daniel win or did Jessica? The order of the posts inside yours make it confusing.
>>
>>1510247
Jessica, without a doubt.

Work spiked up, so gimme a sec to start typing.
>>
>>1510375
No prob, just wanted to make sure.
>>
File: x.jpg (92KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
92KB, 500x625px
>>1509729

You type a quick reply, saying that yes you're awake, and kindly reminding her that timezone differences are a thing. It might be way later for her, but it's just getting dark for you!

There's some more texting back and forth, talking about your friends, about school, you bitterly complain about having to study only to be called an asshole since you don't really have to do much besides reading and writing in your answers.

You spend some time chatting and it almost gives you a feeling of normalcy after all, like things will be okay just because you're talking to this girl who's literally miles away.

Suddenly there's a knocking on your door and before you can hide away your box, your father is walking into your room. His eyes dart down to the box, confused and he looks like he's about to ask a question but decides against it.

"The neighbors are here to introduce themselves." He says, awkwardly, eyes still fixed on the box, so awkward that you end up deciding to close it before he can say anything. So much for trying that new warding spell you found on Tumblr. He shakes his head, deciding to act amused. "How about you put away your eye of newt and mandrake for a minute and come with us? The lady downstairs brought us some lasagna and the next door neighbor said he has kids your age!"

[1] Go downstairs; introduce yourself. Socializing is always important.
[2] Sulk in your room, you're still a teenager after all.
[3] Try to sneak past the neighbors, you know your father can be too good of a host and this will drag on.
[4] Write In
>>
>Go downstairs; introduce yourself. Socializing is always important.
We need to meet people, so let's meet people.
>>
>>1510660
>[1] Go downstairs; introduce yourself. Socializing is always important.
Besides, LASAGNA~~~ (Wait, is this homeade with a grandma recipe, or that Lean cuisine bullshit?)
>>
>>1510660
>[1] Go downstairs; introduce yourself. Socializing is always important.
>>
>>1510660
>Go downstairs; introduce yourself. Socializing is always important.
>>
>>1510740
It better be Grandma's Lasagna. Anything else is bullshit. Unless said person couldn't make it. Then it could be rude.
>>
>>1511391
I know, right? Like, at the minimum, use three day red gravy.
>>
>>1511410
My only caveat for anger, is if they actually tried Grandma style and failed that Herculean task. I am but an amateur cook, my Grandma's genuine Italian style is far too gangster.
>>
File: dad no.jpg (1MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
dad no.jpg
1MB, 4272x2848px
>>1510711
>>1510740
>>1510755

It's surprising what your father can whip up with so little time. But as you go downstairs, it's pretty obvious that this isn't just a regular "introduce yourself to the neighbors" kinda deal, but rather a full-on dinner party! Wine bottles are open and some very expensive looking snacks are on the table; suddenly you feel a bit underdressed, with your dirty sweatshirt and jeans. You're mentally cursing your father for not telling you that, but before you can say anything, you're hounded by the neighbors.

And hounding is the right word; there's at least five different persons in the room, even in the spacious dining-room, it feels crowded. The lasagna is on the table too and right next to it is standing the oldest woman you have ever seen. White hair in stark contrast with the blackness of her dress, even though it's obvious in her posture and the wrinkles in her face that she's well over 80 years old, the lady carries herself with an air of confidence. She notices you looking, adjusts her glasses and smiles wide, warm. You've never met your grandparents but you're sure this is what a grandmother is supposed to look like.

"Ethan? You're Ethan, right? Oh! Your father has told us so much about you! I'm Andrea, I live downstairs." She grabs your arm, her hand on your arm is gentle yet firm as she basically drags you around the room to introduce you to the neighbors. First you're walked to a couple, they're definitely dressed to impress, the man's dark skin is paired nicely with his dark suit and he offers a firm handshake as he sees you approaching, his wife nods and smiles. They seem nice too, but in that polite niceness a random person in an elevator might have. "These are Diane and Andre Woods." Says Andrea, gesturing towards them. "They're lawyers." She says in a half-whisper, as if that would explain everything. It does, in a way. No doubt they're the source of the expensive food.

"Nice to meet you Ethan. Your father's been around here for some weeks, you know? Taking a look at the place before buying. He keeps talking about you." There's a faint twinkle in his eye as he smiles wider than before. "I bet it must be hard for a kid your age, to just pick up your stuff and leave your old house behind, right? I don't think our son Jason could deal with that." He chuckles, nodding with his head towards one of the couches where two black teens are sitting without talking to each other; both of them deeply engrossed in their cellphones and completely submerged in their own bubble, ignoring the adults mulling around. They're almost the complete opposite of their parents, dressed in punk looking clothes (but still expensive, from what you can tell. Probably bought at some edgy store at the mall), with piercings and the girl has her hair dyed a very light color, nearly white. Speaking of which, she notices you staring and elbows her brother, but he brushes her off. She stands up.

[1] Stay, talk to her.
[2] Leave
>>
>>1510711
Honestly I'm just introducing characters for now. I've got a handful of them so I'd like to throw them at the MC and then we'll actually evolve into giving you full, free rein of what to do.
>>
>>1511543
>[1] Stay, talk to her.
>>
>>1511543
>[1] Stay, talk to her.
Introduce ourselves and then go get some food for the three of us.

Also, QM, two things:
1. Mind getting a trip so that we know what to call you other than QM?
2. How is Dad about alcohol? My family was okay with it when I was a kid, but that might be because I have been making wine as long as I can remember.
>>
>>1511543
[1] Stay, talk to her.

Also, it may be that I was mostly raised by my Grandma and her brothers, but I like Andrea.
>>
>>1511575
Just realized I haven't put mine on from MSPQ. Fixed.
>>
File: x.jpg (105KB, 736x1308px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
105KB, 736x1308px
>[1] Stay, talk to her.
>>1511543

The girl walks up to you with a confident step that's frankly eye-catching. There's no doubt that she inherited both of her parents' good looks, from what you can tell her brother is just as good looking; talk about good genes, right? You feel stupid, standing there surrounded by adults while the girl walks to you and reaches for your hand. It's not like you have difficulty talking with girls at all, after all you're pretty handsome yourself and that did net you a nice amount of attention back in your old high-school. It's just... awkward!

"Hi, I'm Caroline. You can call me Car, tho." You briefly think about making a car joke, but you're pretty sure she wouldn't appreciate that, right? No, instead you introduce yourself and try to be as polite as possible, her parents are right next to you after all, and from a quick glance thrown their way you can tell they're analyzing your every move. She obviously notices this too, rolling her eyes and smiling wider. "C'mon, you're new in town. It's cool to meet someone from out there, y'know? Away from this whole mess---" "Car!" Interrupts her mother, loud enough to make the idle chatting between Andrea and Andre die a little. Awkward.

The girl looks genuinely apologetic, even cringing a little. "Sorry! I'm just sayin' it's probably nice to be new and naive, y'know?" Her mom gives her another warning glare, but slowly turns back to talk to her husband and the old neighbor like nothing was wrong. By then you're aware of her brother suddenly by her side too; from up close you can tell your prediction wasn't wrong. This whole family is fucking gorgeous. He has his hair done in dreadlocks, short and pulled into a ponytail; and the kind of square jaw that you only see on movie stars.

"Stop gettin' on mom's nerves, jeez." He mumbles, barely even looking at you as he brushes by both of you and bee-lines towards the table, to stock up on food no doubt. She follows after him and after a few steps, looks over her shoulder at you. "You comin'?"

[1] Sure! Besides, the siblings seem like they'd know more than the adults about what life in there is really like.
[2] No! There are still people you haven't been introduced to in the place!
>>
>>1511708
>[1] Sure! Besides, the siblings seem like they'd know more than the adults about what life in there is really like.
Just give me a quick second to say hello to the people we haven't met yet. Got to at least put in some time for social respectability.
>>
>>1511729
This. Seconding, always good to be polite. Or at least try.
>>
>>1511708
>[1] Sure! Besides, the siblings seem like they'd know more than the adults about what life in there is really like.
>>
>>1511708
Sibling time
>>
File: Balcony-night.jpg (36KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Balcony-night.jpg
36KB, 853x480px
>>1511708

You decide to follow the duo as they make their way towards the food, no doubt. It would be a serious lie if you only expected to hang out with them for food and because they're your age. Sure, it's important because they're the first teenagers you've seen in this place and because deep down you think they look cool with all their piercings and hotness. But it's also because you're naturally curious and the fact that there's something that shouldn't be spoken about does get your attention.

So you follow them, almost bumping into Jason as he grabs three glasses of wine in one hand and an entire tray of crackers and hummus in the other. His sister laughs and appropriates one of the bottles of wine and some more appetizers, her confused but amused frown revealing she's just going with the flow for the time being.

"C'mon, dude! You got the penthouse and you wanna make us eat inside? You're tripping!" He chuckles -- and you can't help but notice he looks even more handsome when he smiles -- and heads for your balcony. Finally understanding what's going on Caroline follows him, laughing too. You stand there, dumbfounded by how easy it is for them to act like that. You're careful, meticulous even, and you'd never think of doing something like that! You follow them, stealing a breadroll off the table, daring.

The view from your wide balcony is frankly even better now. Somehow at some point between you studying and going downstairs to talk, it got dark out. The moon shines over the ocean; looking way bigger and closer than you've ever seen it in the city. As you sit down on the floor between the two siblings, you briefly muse getting used to it all.

Jason places one of the glasses in your hands, the fine crystal feels so delicate you're almost scared of holding it.

"Wanna play never have I ever?" He teases with yet another disarming smile.

[1] Sure, you need to socialize with teenagers so bad.
[2] No! I've got questions (Write your questions).
>>
>Sure, you need to socialize with teenagers so bad.
I don't ever wanna get off Mr. Jason's wild ride
>>
>>1512032
>[1] Sure, but not Spin the Bottle. You need to socialize with teenagers so bad.
>>
Also gonna leave this here.

The moves you can make; so it's not that much of a CYOA book but an actual Monsterhearts game. You can shut down; turn on, etc.

And those are the moves the witch has.
>>
File: vino.jpg (64KB, 704x471px) Image search: [Google]
vino.jpg
64KB, 704x471px
>>1512032
>>[1] Sure, but not Spin the Bottle. You need to socialize with teenagers so bad.

Jason gives you an amused grin at your comment, licking his lips as he actually seems to have been surprised by the sarcasm in your voice. "I wouldn't wanna make out with my sister, no." And at this, Caroline starts laughing herself, head shaking. "Ew! Don't be gross!" She exclaims loudly, smacking her brother with the back of her hand.

"Okay; I'll go first then, Ethan." Announces Caroline, clearing her throat in an over-dramatic way to increase the drama of the situation. "Never have I ever... peed in a pool!" Both Jason and you drink, already feeling relaxed and like you can trust the pair. The girl scrunches her nose in disgust, laughing even louder now, probably more than a little bit intoxicated but that bit of loud, boisterous laughter makes her even more beautiful than ever before. "Jesus Christ, Jason! In the building's pool? You're disgusting!! I swim there everyday! And you, Ethan? I thought you were all serious city guy, not some pool peer!"

Jason can't hold back his own laughter, once more breaking through the facade of aloof and cool attitude. "C'mon, Car! I was like twelve and I really had to go! I haven't done it again, swear!" He defends himself as you watch in silence, trying to hide your own smirk. As an only child, you envy them, that connection siblings seem to have. Jason pours a drink for both of you, since you had to drink it in the previous question.

"My turn." Announces the boy, eyes fixed on yours. "Never have I ever been with a guy before."

Caroline seems actually uncomfortable now by the path her brother is taking the conversation. "Ew, c'mon. No sex stuff, I don't wanna know about your sex habits and you don't wanna know about mine! Ethan honey, he's gross like that sometimes, you don't have to take it seriously."

But he isn't saying anything and he has his eyes still on you.

[1] Drink.
[2] Don't drink.
[3] Change topic.
>>
File: tumblr_nomdqa8fyV1t2t3b5o1_1280.jpg (157KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nomdqa8fyV1t2t3b5o1_1280.jpg
157KB, 499x750px
I swear I'm not trying to railroad a husbando; but I really wanna push the boundaries and make you guys use any of the actual game's moves. Shut down is an option as I said; so is Turning Him on. Or anything.

>>1512076
This is how I picture the husbando; since you like him.
>>
>>1512733
so shut down would be making clear you a straight guy or what

>"Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve !"
>>
>>1512847
Not necessarily; we can work it out. You can say "I wanna roll for shut down and say "I'm not into guys when my dad is literally feet away" or something.

Shrug!
>>
>>1512853
well that sounds good we should leave all options open at the beginning
what do i roll ?
>>
>>1512856
> The ruleset is Apocalypse World, so 2d6 plus bonuses, higher is better, 7+ for a success (and 10+ for a complete success).
>>
Rolled 6, 2 = 8 (2d6)

>>1512873
well i would do it but im currently phoneposting so
>>
Rolled 5, 6 = 11 (2d6)

>>1512873
Shut him down with a roast!
>>
>>1512894
Ohhhhhhhhhh
>>
Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

>>1512853
I like this one.
>>
Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d6)

>>1512733
This seems fun

But it was only a kiss woth the boy and it was for the witches
>>
File: 99 nobles.jpg (175KB, 796x594px) Image search: [Google]
99 nobles.jpg
175KB, 796x594px
>>1512733
Also, a bit delayed, but DAMN.
>>
File: mr gale.jpg (24KB, 564x893px) Image search: [Google]
mr gale.jpg
24KB, 564x893px
Sorry for the delay, guys; I ended up going to bed and then work kept me busy.

Anyway; I think we should settle for a more dynamic decision making system. AKA; how we'll handle rolls and moves.

Should we let the first person to comment decide on that? I think that's the wisest choice; really. Or grab the first two decisions that are different and start voting.

I'm open to ideas.
>>
And of course I forget my Trip.
>>
>>1515599
How about a 20 minute time window to vote? or you could let it go as long as you like and post "writting" when you close the window. Flip a coin during ties or go with whichever decision you feel is most in character during ties, after 10 or 20 threads, whenever we've built a good enough solid character.
>>
>>1515639
I guess that's right; but considering we have Moves and stuff coming into play; I was a bit hesitant about it.

So;I guess everyone's in favor for shutting him down? Gently, but still with a burn. Just laying down The Bantz on this boy.
>>
>>1515677
I want to let him down softly, essentially saying"Yes, but not out loud with my dad around."
>>
>>1512723
> [Shut Down] [10]

Since you got over 10; you need to pick one of the options:

> They lose a String on you,
> If they have no Strings on you, gain one on them,
> They gain a Condition, or
> You take 1 Forward.
>>
>>1516024
>> They lose a String on you,
>>
>>1516105
supporting this
>>
>>1516105
>>1516215
He doesn't have any String on us; so we'd be gaining a string on him. Check the "Pulling Strings" entry on the reference PDF to know what it's for.

I'll write.
>>
File: potluck.jpg (194KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
potluck.jpg
194KB, 980x490px
> [Shut Down] [10]
> Gain a String.
>>1512723

You're obviously uncomfortable with the whole situation and judging by Caroline's reaction, this is something Jason must be used to doing. Does he just say things like that outta nowhere to everyone he meets? Your opinion on him has changed slightly; but it's not like you held him in high esteem anyway. He was just the hot guy at the party with the equally hot sister and parents; whatever.

"What the fuck?" Is your quick reply. "That's personal, just like Car said, I'm not about to discuss my sex life with you! Fuck, our parents are in the next room too!"

Jason seems actually, honestly apologetic so you'll at least give him that. But before he can say anything, Car is intervening, practically shoving the tray of food between the two of you. "Listen! Let's just eat, drink and forget this ever happened. " And then, in a slightly quieter tone, obviously meant for her brother "I swear, you always pull this shit whenever I introduce you to a cute guy--"

Once more, he's about to reply when he's interrupted. Poor guy. This time it's by your dad, opening the balcony door to announce they're about to start serving the actual food.

There's actual food? When did your father set this whole thing up? You're literally just arriving! It seems the surprises never end in the town of Bell Dam.

Shooting a glare in her brother's way, Caroline walks back into the apartment, leaving you two alone. You follow her, but right as you're about to walk in you hear a quiet "I'm sorry, dude." From behind you.

You step inside to find the big, old wooden table all set up with plates for everyone. Andrea's lasagna seems to be the centerpiece, with various side dishes laid out around it. This is a veritable pot luck.

You look for an empty seat.

> [1] Sit with your father. You haven't really talked to him since you got here.
> [2] Sit with the siblings. They're fun even if Jason fucked up.
> [3] Sit with Andrea. She's grandma material!
> [4] Sit next to one of the people you haven't met yet. Socializing!
>>
>>1516239
>2 Sit with the siblings
>>
>>1516239
> [2] Sit with the siblings. They're fun even if Jason fucked up.

Oh shiet, Monsterheart! I remembered being the zombie guy with 2 gfs and sick voice powers. whatever happened to that
>>
>>1516239
>> [4] Sit next to one of the people you haven't met yet. Socializing!
>>
>>1506778
Man, coming back to /tg (and I guess /qst now) and seeing this... it warms my heart, it really does. I'll try not to interrupt your thread or anything, but I just wanted to say thank you.
>>1516344
That's a very, very long story.
>>
>>1519733
is that you. prev qm?

Last i read was unleashing the voice on one of the powerful ones.
>>
>>1519825
Indeed. Trying not to derail what looks like a pretty interesting thread, though.
>>
>>1519855
... hmm. Also, that's odd. It's swapped my ID for some reason? How do these new ID things get tracked, anyway?
>>
>>1519859
It\s when you changed yer wifi or IP address. I think.

Also, its fine to derail. /qst/ is slow as fuck and we are saging after 3 days. Dont know where OP is also. Better chill.

Did we get an ending for ghoul MC?
>>
>>1519875
Ah, I see. My IP address tends to flicker around as my WiFi goes up and down, so that'll be it.

No, we did not. Some... personal stuff happened, and I wasn't in any state to write anything for a good long while. By the time I came back to /tg, I assumed everyone had long since moved on, and the whole business kinda burned me out. Haven't done another quest since, and never really managed to put together any kind of an epilogue for original Monsterhearts Quest. But poking my nose into /qst and seeing this inspired me to dig up my old tripcode. ((Not that I can actually prove it, of course, tripcodes can be hacked and anything I could share is either something I could have googled or something I could have made up. But I'm not sure why anyone would want to pretend to be a washed up ex-QM in the first place.))
>>
>>1519887
Nah, it\s good to see an old faces. God knows this board need more posters.

OP might be happy too seeing an old face.
>>
>>1519887
It's why we tend to allow trips on here. Some people from other boards tend to be a bit anal retentive about it, but most of the /qst/ers are chill.
>>
weird, the farthest i got is when the elf cunt backstabbed us
>>
>>1521620
yeah, but the difference is that they serve a purpose on /qst/, unlike on other boards where they are just used by retards and attention whores
>>
>>1521936
Well, you didn't miss a massive amount, sad to say. That was thread 53, yes? Quest got up to thread 67 before several personal things simultaneously hit the fan, and then it just disappeared. Not even entirely sure what I'd do for an epilogue, honestly.
>>
I remember
>action A
>drink water
>action B
>drink water
>action C
>drink water
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.