[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet-to-be-named Quest Starring a Homeless Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 17

File: homelessquest1.png (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest1.png
52KB, 800x600px
Whatever your reasons, you are a homeless vagrant currently passing through a small midwestern town of no particular note.

In your search for a roof to put over your head, you've discovered and holed up in an abandoned Blockbuster. One light fixture still sort of gives off enough light to see at night, and it beats trying your chances outside.

What do you do?
>>
>>1504722
Look out the window.
>>
File: homelessquest2.png (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest2.png
105KB, 800x600px
>>1504727
Not much to look at. They never took down the post itself that once proudly displayed Blockbuster's name, even if the logo itself can only be found on the front of the building now. The little island of grass surrounding it has gotten out-of-control with nobody taking care of this place.

There's an unimaginatively-named local diner just across the street, but they close weirdly early on weekends. You don't understand how they stay in business like that. Do people somehow want eggs and toast less on the weekends in this town?

You were honestly looking forward to dropping the few bucks you have on it when you saw the joint, too.
>>
>>1504824
Sit on the floor and curl up
>>
>>1504824
Look in the Diner's window
>>
File: homelessquest3.png (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest3.png
38KB, 800x600px
>>1504880
You attempt to look through the diner's window, but it's dark inside and far away. You suppose you'll have to just check it out for yourself some other time.
>>1504869
Feeling disheartened by your terribly ordinary vision, you sit on the floor behind the counter and curl up into a bit of a ball shape, looking back into your current temporary digs.

You hear a sound from what used to be a back office, almost like... Whimsical yodeling?

You could've sworn you were alone...
>>
>>1504941
Walk towards the sound
>>
File: homelessquest4.png (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest4.png
46KB, 800x600px
>>1505099
Approaching the back office, a break in the yodeling leads you to recognize it. It's... It's gotta be.

You had a little cousin who would watch this on DVD relentlessly when you were over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcsrtiUac

No question about it. It's that song from Home on the Goddamn Range. Whoever this unnoticed visitor is, they're willingly watching it in the back room of a Blockbuster Video.

You have reason to suspect that this person is crazy.
>>
>>1505149
Open the door.
>>
>>1505190
Yeah, we totally aren't gonna die
>>
>>1505149
Peek through the door, see who it is
>>
File: homelessquest5.png (51KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest5.png
51KB, 800x600px
>>1505190
>>1505199
Peering cautiously through the door, you find yourself quietly asking even more questions.

A... Person in a gas mask, jacket, and thick vest is sitting at the desk, absolutely enthralled in watching Disney's Home on the Range on an old portable DVD player. Conspicuously, a comparatively modern-looking laptop is charging in the corner of the room.

You don't know if the person noticed you or not, but you're still entirely certain that they weren't in here when you scoped out the area just a bit ago.
>>
>>1505275
Sneak in and take the laptop
>>
File: homelessquest6.png (1KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest6.png
1KB, 800x600px
>>1505301
That's a pretty sweet laptop that Masky isn't paying attention to. You think you'll just slip in, and...

The person's head tilts up, and the lenses of their gas mask shine slightly.

They lift something up, and a bright light overtakes your vision, followed by the familiar soreness of being knocked onto the ground.

>part 1/2 of update
>>
File: homelessquest7.png (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest7.png
79KB, 800x600px
>>1505468
When you can finally see right again, whatstheirface is standing over you, shouting at you in an altered-sounding voice. They're threateningly pointing a heavy-looking flashlight at you.

>"And just who the hell are you, huh? Don't think you can fool me, I'm as sharp as all the thumbtacks in the world!"

How do you react?
>>
>>1505484
Curl into a ball and try rolling away
>>
File: homelessquest8.png (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest8.png
81KB, 800x600px
>>1505518
You curl into a ball in response to the questions. It seems to be something you default to quite often.

>"Answer me, coward!"

Instead, channeling the spirit of ancient Sonic OCs, curling into a ball allows you to spin dash away from the mediocre movie fan.

>"Hey, wait, what the-?!"

The hostile other squatter is surprised by your gymnastic ability, the element of surprise momentarily stopping them from giving chase.

Now that you've gotten away from an immediate beating, you need to think fast. Full-on fight, flight, or engage in disengaging conversation.
>>
>>1505590
Try and grab the laptop or anything in reach as I roll out the door
>>
>>1505590

Turn back and fight! That mediocre disney flick lover insulted your vagrant honor!
>>
File: homelessquest9.png (83KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest9.png
83KB, 800x600px
>>1505729
You turn around and stare the gas masked stranger down. NOBODY calls you chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOTRBSSMjQ

You're bare-handed, with a single ten dollar bill in a worn-out wallet on an inside coat pocket. Your opponent seems to be in a military-quality vest, gas mask, and boots, with their actual build indistinguishable underneath all those layers. They're also armed with a flashlight.

>"Is this the best the agency can send after me now?! ME? The flagrant disrespect here!"

The effectiveness of any given technique on the menu will be bolstered if it's connected to a solid or hard to predict suggestion.
>>
>>1505840
We got any items? Or is the dollar bill out only thing?
>>
>>1505882
Just the money and the clothes on your back. Times have been tough.
>>
>>1505890
alright. since we don't have any books or anything like that to throw at 'em, why not try an inazuma kick?
>>
>>1505840
>>1505918
Seconding. Do a flip for style points too.
>>
>>1505918
this
>>
>>1505918
>>1505976
You have a totally sick plan to inazuma kick this flashlight-wielding sucker in the mask, then do a flip to show off.

>"What're you doing now? Jeez, you're flexible!"

If you can just hit them in the right spot, a strong kick should more than do the trick to hurt 'em a bit.

>Only one roll per ID. Feel free to add any other suggestions for follow-ups to your attack+flip with your roll.
>>
File: homelessquest10.png (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest10.png
112KB, 800x600px
>>1506044
Whoop, forgot the actual... Picture.
>>
>>1506076
I think you gotta do it in options.
>>
Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

>>1506048
let's see if it works!
>>
Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

>>1506104
Supporting
>>
Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

>>1506104
This time for real.
>>
File: homelessquest11.png (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest11.png
138KB, 800x600px
>>1506129
You bring your foot down with a satisfying thud, knocking the gas masked menace onto the ground in a single well-aimed kick to the head!

>"Auugh!"

While they lay there, you ready yourself to leap up...
>1/3. Being drawn as the previous ones are posted this time, so be patient.
>>
After we kill/knock out this guy we need to loot him.
>>
File: homelessquest12.png (49KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest12.png
49KB, 800x600px
>>1506144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMhi2v5i_E

You curl into a ball and flip up into the air in an unusual and entirely unnecessary fashion, aiming at masky from above...
>>
File: homelessquest13.png (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest13.png
71KB, 800x600px
>>1506161
...and plant your ass down on top of them as you land, tacitly declaring yourself the victor as their flashlight rolls out of reach.

>"S-son of a... I really did underestimate you, huh? Heh, guess I really am worth the Agency's finest after all."

Resting a hand on the cracked spot of their mask, the person groans.

>"Who are you? How much are they paying you? Can you even speak?"
>>
>>1506189
Immediately take a vow of silence, being a silent protagonist is cool, and tear off their mask.
>>
>>1506193
And wear it
>>
File: homelessquest14.png (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest14.png
62KB, 800x600px
>>1506193
You say nothing, simply reaching down and wrapping your fingers around the mask like a disrespectful luchador. Even slightly damaged, it looks cool as hell, so you want it.

>"Anything but the mask! I can't bare my face to the world!"

Do you give the dog a bone, or commit to your decision to give yourself a sick mask to match your newfound vow of silence? And what do you do with this person after you've made your choice?
>>
>>1506229
On one hand, taking their mask off will disgrace them...but on the other hand, it's pretty bitchin! Maybe you can even pawn it off for money if it doesn't fit! I say take it!
>>
File: homelessquest15.png (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest15.png
77KB, 800x600px
>>1506231
>"You... Asshole!"

The assailant, whose name you still never caught, curses you out in a no-longer-distorted voice. It's slightly, but not irritatingly high-pitched.

>"You're not even really from the Agency, are you? You're just some random mugger muscling in on my hideout!"

What's next on the agenda?
>>
Welp time to GTFO. I say we try to start a gang of hobos
>>
File: homelessquest16.png (40KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest16.png
40KB, 800x600px
>>1506281
Feeling like a total badass, you completely forget to rob the rest of the other squatter's shit and head outside. Hell, you think this entire encounter has inspired you to make something of your life.

Maybe you'll start a whole GANG of homeless powerhouses such as yourself, or...

Well, the idea is a work in progress.

Wait, do you hear helicopter blades?
>>
File: homelessquest17.png (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homelessquest17.png
39KB, 800x600px
>>1506304
A spotlight shines down on you as the blades grow louder and louder. Judging by their focus on you, you infer that they were looking, specifically, for a weirdo in a gas mask.

A stern male voice booms from the helicopter above.

>"We have you surrounded, Kriemhild! Return what you've stolen from us, and we can make this nice and painless!"

The hell kind of name is Kriemhild?

>To be continued(?)

Thanks for playing, everyone. It's getting kinda late, though (20 minutes to 3 AM on beast coast), and while I'm not necessarily passing out this felt like a good cutoff point before I get burnt out on fucking around with my drawing tablet.

I'm enjoying this, so I'll PROBABLY keep this going, but I dunno if it'll be tomorrow or the day after that, and likely start in the later evening either way. Depends on my schedule, but I'll still make mention of it here if I don't have the time Sunday.
>>
>>1506353
Yeah, not happening tonight. Feel free to input commands if you feel like it, though.
>>
>>1506353
Sprint for the diner across the street, try and break in through the window
>>
>>1510005
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.