[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread/Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1454834707363.png (7MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1454834707363.png
7MB, 2300x6400px
Well folks, I'm fairly sure we all know the formula for this by now, 3 votes for our race and then three for our place.
>>
>>1502851
What makes this thread special compared to the bajillion dead ones that never get of the ground?
>>
File: 1471346245761.jpg (77KB, 540x724px) Image search: [Google]
1471346245761.jpg
77KB, 540x724px
>>1502862
I can hardly prove whatever writing prowess I have until I'm given the race and place to work with, and I can't really give youany certain assurance that I'll stay beyong my own word, but if you have faith, vote and stay, I will do my very utmost to provide an interesting world and an interesting game to you and to any other players who turn up.

It is a crying shame that so many civilization threads die, but with a full week of free time ahead of me, I hope to be able to maintain this one for as long as possible.

If you suggest a race/place combo, I'd be happy to brainstorm some ideas for a setting to fit it.
>>
>>1502851
Elves, Islands.

Time for some monkeg'h island adventures.
>>
>>1502870
What kind of style do you think would be coolest?

Do you feel like pacific islander elves? pirate elves? Native elves in combat with pirate elves?
>>
>>1502879
Pirate Elves sound the best.

With their innate coordination and good sight they make for excellent swashbucklers.

Make the island with a variety of climates due to a mountain range in the middle of it so we can have more than just a tropical climate.

Let's go sink some Orcish canoes and Human Galeons.
>>
>>1502881
Pirate elves living on a gigantic city-ship.
>>
>>1502887
You forgot to add tamed guard Orcas.
>>
Would you like this Pirate Elf adventure to be scaled down? I think it'd fit best as a more quest-style thing than just a civilization game, playing as an Elven Privateer and working your way up to being Captain, and leave you in a sandbox, trading, raiding, colonizing and the like in some kind of fantasy new world?
>>
>>1502891
Let's go with a Civ where an Elven pirate ship sunk close to the shore of an island with varied climate ranging from tropic to temperate.
>>
Is voting still open? If so I'm voting for desert Harpies.
>>
Ok, that puts us at
2 - Islander/Pirate Elves
1 - Desert Harpies

Desert Harpies are certainly a concept I can work with. Personally I enjoy having harpies as an uncivilized population, being contacted by outside missionaries, acting as proxies for wars between colonial powers, that sort of thing.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1502911
Aren't Harpies just were-bird female elves anyway? (at least in D&D default settings)
>>
>>1502913
>2
No, that wasn't a roll thing, that's a vote thing.
>>
>>1502911
I vote desert harpies.
>>
>>1502911
I see desert harpies as some sort of inteligent vultures that live on the mountain in the middle of desert and most the time search for carrions.
The idea of them being involved in war between colonial powers is neat. I think the most fitting would be competing caravans fighting over trade route that run through the desert.
>>
Alright, 2 votes for both Elf Pirates and Desert Harpies.

>>1502944
Now, the major question I have for you is whether you want a wild west style setting, or a central asian silk-road style thing. I'm definitely leaning towards the latter.
>>
>>1502984
I alwasy associate desert caravans with arabic theme so I too would prefer a central asian silk-road setting.
While we're waiting for possible the last vote could you maybe share a thought about what you come up with at this moment for this two races?
>>
>>1502851
>dwarves are easily knocked down in combat

Nope. If they've got the same or heavier mass compared to humans, knocking them over would be a challenge due to a much lower centre of gravity, and that's not taking armor into consideration. A better weakness for them would be slower speed compared to other bipeds.
>>
>>1503107
As an addendum to this post, I would also make slimes the race with the highest breeding stat, as mitosis is the simplest form of asexual reproduction, after binary fission in prokaryotes.
>>
elf pirates sounds interesting
>>
>>1502911
PIRATE ELVES NIGGA. YO HO HO BITCHES
>>
>>1502911
Island Elves
>>
>>1502944
You're thinking too small. I can imagine them as an aerial version of the Mongol hordes, skirmishing enemies to death from above, employing rocs or even small dragons as artillery platforms/heavy cavalry, and conscripting terrestrial captives as auxiliaries. Rival races would have to develop new paradigms of anti-air warfare to deal with an airborne scourge capable of bypassing the strongest manmade/natural defences with flight.
>>
>>1503163
Massed archers.

Gg
>>
>>1503163
You're thinking too far ahead. We have to start with something small for the quest. Later they might become as you say the flying Mongol empire.
Though we already have 5 votes for pirate elves so we go with that idea.
>>
>>1503166
A vanguard of dragon-riders soaks up their fire with minimal casualties, then drops bombs on them or crisps them with a well-aimed puff of fire, allowing flying troops to land on the walls and shoot down on the defenders. You're going to have to do better than that.
>>
>>1503180
LOTS of massed archers. With water buckets. Harpies are a glass cannon. Dragons are a slightly harder glass cannon.
>>
>>1503206
Harpies aren't the most durable fighters, but dragons are definitely not 'glass cannons' in any fantasy media they appear in. Furthermore, do you have any idea how long it takes to train an average joe to hit a stationary target, let alone one soaring dozens of feet above them firing back? Back then, archers were to the rank-and-file what a Marine sharpshooter is to an Army grunt; good luck enlisting just a hundred more.

In terms of anti-air strategies to deal with heavy flyers, I was thinking more along the lines of ballistas (possibly loaded with exploding bolts), and magical area-denial weapons capable of filling the skies with fire or lightning. Only after getting rid of them would archers be useful in picking off softer targets.
>>
>>1503283
Just get 300 peasants, arm them with cheap bows and simple arrows and give them the order to "shoot up". Cloud of arrows
>>
>>1502984
Still here OP?
>>
OP confirmed kill
>>
>>1503405
Best case scenario: Something happened like he went out to lunch and will be back in a few hours

Worst/most probable scenario: He abandoned us
>>
>>1502911
>1 - Desert Harpies
No idea if this is still alive or not, but Desert Harpies sound like fun idea for me, sorry pirate elves.
>>
Oh, look another disappointment.

OP you fucking idiot! You had people brainstorming IDEAS in this thread, they were hype as fuck!
Much more so than any other abortion of a civ thread I can remember where you just get some routine quote-voting and maybe some even lazier supports.
And you know what you let it go to waste because you braindead moron didn't want to call it at 2 votes.

"Oh no! I must preserve the sanctity of the 'first to three' rule" thought numbskull and inadvertently killed off the last bit of potential this thread might have had.
Hah! Who am i kidding civ threads are only rivalling evo threads in who can produce the most abandoned dead threads of no value whatsoever.
>>
>>1507028
I wonder if one of the reason why he abandon thread was because he just prefer more desert Harpies than pirate Elves. I mean, it's might be the case though this would be realy stupid reason to do so.
>>
How many anons are still here?
>>
>>1507617
I am here and if someone could take the job of op we could save this thread. I think.
>>
>>1507630
Id do it but im planning on running XenoMorph Quest later today once I get the Google.Doc finished with all our mutations and whatnot. The consensus seems to be on Elves in Tropical Islands. Pirate elves would be fun to write.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.