[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(Morph) Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: alchemist 1.jpg (244KB, 1600x1105px) Image search: [Google]
alchemist 1.jpg
244KB, 1600x1105px
(morph)- Quest

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikn4B7jq6Ic&index=26&list=RDMMyXib6uWnj04
You pick yourself off the floor and dust yourself off.
You wonder how long you’ve been out cold but at least you know it’s night as blue light shines through the broken glass window on the far back of your lab.

You look around, to your left, the remnants of a failed experiment. Why did you try to do it again? The thought leaves you as you see a mix of sand and tar everywhere is plastered on the walls, glass pieces are blistered into the tar mix, pretty clear of something gone wrong. “This was a pretty big mistake” you mutter to yourself. The land lord is going to kill you. Probably not, but you’d like to fantasize about what you’d do.

You snap out of daydreaming pretty quickly. It didn’t end well.

You decide to see if your lab pets are alright. The tar mix is pretty nasty and can be toxic, at least that’s what they told you at the college. “Is it toxic to only me or also lizards” You’re not sure. Better safe than sorry you think to yourself.

You look over at a shattered fish tank. Well its not really a fish tank, but you re-purposed it to make it into a nice lizard home. Wax the lizard is there pretty contempt with his surroundings. You are relieved at this. However your attention quickly goes to finding Wick.
You glance around your lab frequently looking for where Wick could be.
After several unsuccessful minutes of trying to find him you give up. You think to yourself he’s probably hiding somewhere close.

“He’ll be back” You reassure yourself. You pick up Wax and put him and the remnants of his belongings in the spare tank in the back.

After looking around your tattered place and eyeballing the cost of replacing half your lab while looking for wick you decide to see if you are alright yourself.

“Let’s start with something simple”
What’s your name again?

[] (write in)
>>
>>1498348
>name
Jebediah Mansfield
>>
>>1498348
>name
Jimmy Russels
>>
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aDQbabFQRA

Jebediah, Jebediah Mansfield

That’s right.
Your mom was the person who named you even though your father never really liked it much. Not that it mattered much now. You are a grown adult now who has graduated and is now working as an apprentice under one of the city’s best pseudo-chemists. John Bellerram was his name. Luckily the lab you blew up was not his but your own.

Speaking of blowing up labs, what is it that you were trying to accomplish anyway?

You remember now.

You were trying to fuse Wick a new tar based leg as earlier Wax and Wick had gotten into a small but brutal fight.

You smack your head against the wall because you can’t believe you actually forgot that, even for a moment.
While laying your head against the tar mix you look down.

“Those look weird”

Wait

Those are your legs

Hold on

They aren’t your legs.

You aren’t sure if what you are seeing is right. It is awfully damp and suffocating in the lab. Even more so now with half of it sprayed with tar from your recent experiment. “I’m just seeing things” You say to yourself. You are pretty sure you are lying to yourself. Maybe I should get some fresh air.
[] Go outside and get some much needed air
[] What are my legs and where did they come from
>>
>>1498462
>[X] What are my legs and where did they come from
>>
>>1498462
>What are my legs and where did they come from
>>
Your legs are pretty important, at least you think so. You rush down the stairs into your living quarters and pull up a mirror to your face.

You pause and gaze at yourself. “Aight, at least that’s good” you whisper to yourself as you rub your stubble and readjust your glasses. You quickly avert your eyes to the current problem, good looks can always wait.

You lift your torn shirt and examine your torso. Midriff and below your body is stained black. You look further down and you find where Wick went.

“Tar lizard legs”

You sigh to yourself.

“How did I even mess up this bad” you mutter to yourself shaking. You reflect upon your studies and time with Dr. Bellerram. Nothing had prepared you for this. This is probably new.

You can worry about your legs in a while. First you have to figure out just what you did wrong to this extent to make your legs the way they are.
[] Hit the books and see if you can find any logs of any other events like this
[] You should go talk to Dr. Bellerram
>>
>>1498495
>[] You should go talk to Dr. Bellerram
>>
>>1498495
>[] Hit the books and see if you can find any logs of any other events like this
>>
>>1498566
>>1498500
1 >[] Hit the books and see if you can find any logs of any other events like this
2 >[] You should go talk to Dr. Bellerram
dice+1d2
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1498587
(oops)
>>
You poke your head out the window of your room. The night tries to beckon you but rarely does it lead you. The city never sleeps. Smokestacks rise across the skyline and the sound of production never ceases. Despite your current body situation you are glad you were fortunate enough to not work in the factories.

Your thoughts recollect to the present. Just what should you do? Go across the city and ask Dr. Bellerram? No, well, maybe. You look outside again and see the barely lit moon across the faded skyline.

You come to the conclusion that Dr. Bellerram is old and it is late at night so you assume he is asleep and he can help you tomorrow morning.

“Now what’s the next best thing?”

You glance over at your overbearing bookcase, riddled with various papers strewn about and a multitude of differently bound books. “The next best thing” you mumble to yourself again.

You begin rifling through the different books loaded in the bookcase.

“A beginner’s guide to Pseudo-chemistry.” No, there’s nothing in here that is even relevant.

“20 different ways to prepare sand-bark mushrooms” You wonder why you even have this book, you don’t even cook.

“Advanced prosthetics I” This might help, but you don’t think it’s really what you are looking for. You place the book aside. It’s heavier than you remember.
When you go to place it down on the table next to you to, a slip of paper tied to what looks to be some kind of magazine falls on the floor.
You hunch over the table making sure you don’t lose your balance. You pick up the bundle and toss it on the desk. You’ll look at this later, it doesn't seem very important.

You go back upstairs and look around the room.
Now just where is it?
You swear that you left the process of the tar prosthetics on the shelf. You shuffle papers and other study books around the shelf.
There it is
“Progression of Tar based augmentations.”
“Now let’s see what I did wrong”
Tar and sand stick to some of the pages, not that it bugs you. You flip through the pages of the book. Almost like a checklist you go over what you did and what the book said. You followed this to a point.

“So why did this happen”

You still don’t know and this book doesn’t help
Maybe you should go take a look at the magazine or the book downstairs.

[] Glance over the Magazine and see if its anything important
[] Page through the book downstairs, maybe there is something there
[](Write in?)
>>
>>1498647
>[] Glance over the Magazine and see if its anything important
Maybe cook up some sandbark mushrooms while you read. You are hungry
>>
>>1498647

>[] Glance over the Magazine and see if its anything important
>>
You are hungry as you haven’t eaten since before the experiment and you aren’t too sure how long its been since then. Perfect time to practice a skill you barely use. Cooking. You pick out the nearest cookbook you looked at earlier “20 different ways to prepare sand-bark mushrooms” the title reads. You walk into what you call your kitchen, even though its just the part of your shop that has the furnace and pantry nearby. You fumble through your pantry looking for any extra mushrooms. At least you found some mushrooms while throwing half of the other stuff in an even more disorganized position.

You crack open the book on the table next to you. Smells oaky. You turn book page by page until you think you find something easy. “Sautee” it reads.

You pick out a few mushrooms and cut away at the crusty outsides, giving them to wax. You put aside the soft caps. You pick up your pan and place it on top of the furnace. You pour some oil in the pan and toss in the caps. “Cooking is easier than I thought” you say to yourself. You pinch some salt on them and slide them onto a plate nearby.
You sit back down on the table with the magazine bundle and mushrooms next to you. You cut open the magazine bundle and look at the paper. There's an address written crudely on it. The magazine is titled “new and upcoming greats” you see a young man in average chemist attire, almost stereotypical. He has curly? No. Wavy? No. He has disheveled hair and a soft face despite it being peppered with small cuts. You continue down the front page.
Hold on.
You stare intently at his arm.
“That's no human arm.” You state.
His arm isn't completely black like yours but instead it is wood colored.
You flip through the rest of the magazine with intent.

You come across the last question of the Q&A

“So what's with the arm?” It asks

I can't tell you but maybe someone else will eventually.

That's the last page and that was also the last mushroom.

You decide to go to sleep, it's been a long day and your eyes won't stay open. Your final thoughts before falling asleep are
[] Go to the shady address and see if it's anything
[] Go to Bellerram and see if he knows about your legs or the guy in the magazine.
[] write in?
>>
>>1499486
>Go to the shady address and see if it's anything
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.