[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ConQuest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: The invasion.png (125KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
The invasion.png
125KB, 801x801px
You are a small group of refugees looking to Line on this island, This is you and your countrymen's story of conquest and expansion.

The red empire is looking to take over the island for themselves while the Green theocracy wishes to convert the island natives to their Green God.

The first step is for us to choose where we make landfall and our first settlements Choose 3 squares that are touching to start our path to glory!
>>
File: pink.png (144KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
pink.png
144KB, 801x801px
>>1480274
These 3
>>
>>1480274
>>1481086
Support. Closest squares to reaching that ocean square.
Do we pick a capital amongst them?
>>
File: Invasion map2.png (125KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion map2.png
125KB, 801x801px
>>1481093
>>1481086
No Capital yet we need to build one first!

Is pink the color you want for your new nation?

Also we need to pick our type of government!

>Kingdom
Actions take place faster, (if the king tells you to do it you do it!)

>Democracy
People are happier (population Counts for 5% more when accomplishing tasks)

>Theocracy
When attempting the 'Convert' action +10% (people like a man with a message!)

>Empire
When Choosing the 'Conquer' action +10% (Practice makes perfect)

After choosing the type of Government we need to Figure out how to use our population!

You have 900 People Spread out over 3 hexes

>Farmers
Make food for your kingdom

>Soldiers
Used for fighting

>Builders
Build things on owned hexes

>Missionaries
Convert people to your country's Religion

>Merchants
Used to generate income for the Country

One farmer makes enough food for 3 people in every season but winter, Soldiers are used to conquer new hexes and defend the ones you own allowing you to expand your influence and gain more people, Merchants generate income at the rate of 1 Coin per merchant a month, Coins can be used to bring in more people by hiring ships or increase your tech level, Builders are used to increase your Tech by building new and interesting things at the cost of coins. And Missionaries are used by the church to bring new hexes under your influence like soldiers as well as keep your peasants happy.
>>
>>1481729
Kingdom

450 farmers
180 soldiers
20 missionaries
150 builders
100 merchants
>>
>>1481729
>Empire
400 Farmers
200 Soldiers
50 Builders
50 Missionaries
200 Merchants
>>
File: Invasion map3.png (125KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion map3.png
125KB, 801x801px
>>1481731
>>1481729

Sounds good to me! The season is now spring!

>You gain 450 Surplus food
>You gain 300 Coins over the 3 months of spring

The Empire of Red Conquers a new hex!
Green Is working on converting a new hex!

As a Kingdom you have a noble court and must make sure that they stay happy as well as your Citizens you may put aside a number of coins for court events as well as coins for public festivals!

There are many options for what to do this spring here are some options!
>Conquer a new hex
>Convert a new hex
>Build with your coins
Options for building: Defenses increase your effective troops for that hex 100 Coins per level. Markets 250 Coins increase your income by 10%, Command post in an unconquered hex increases troops by 10% to conquer, Chapel 100 in unconquered hex increases missionaries by 10%, Blacksmiths 100 Increase soldier effectiveness by 5%. Buildings cost more the higher levels.
>Spend the season scouting 2 hexes
>Write in (building list is not final)
>>
>>1481737
Oh a building I missed, Cities increase the population of a hex by 100 costs 100 coin for level 1 and a level 4 city hex can be upgraded into a capital and a capital hex has 1000 people
>>
>>1481737
>>Conquer a new hex
To the north west
>>
>>1481741
Very well, As a kingdom your army moves out in the spring, you have 180 soldiers how many do you send?

In order to conquer a hex you must roll a d20 the target number is 10 for most tasks BUT you must account for defenders in battle Every 10 soldiers or defenders add 1

so if you send 180 soldiers you get +18 to your d20

Solders die in battle losing battles kills 50% of the sent troops but winning only loses 10%
>>
>>1481741
>>1481742
>In order to conquer a hex you must roll a d20 the target number is 10 for most tasks BUT you must account for defenders in battle Every 10 soldiers or defenders add 1
So we don't know how many defenders there are.
Let's >>1481737
>>Spend the season scouting 2 hexes
instead, but for the coastal tiles.
>>
>>1481743
Is this what everyone would Like to do?
>>
>>1481744
ye
>>
>>1481737
>Build
Command Post
Blacksmith
both in the westmost hex that will serve as a temporary "capital"

When we have better tech for infrastructure, we can move the real capital south nearer to the water so we don't need to tear anything down.
>>
File: Invasion map4.png (126KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion map4.png
126KB, 801x801px
>>1481747
>>1481744

you spend the spring scouting out 2 hexes the northern hex is filled with barbarians! They seem to have 150 Soldiers and another 250 Assorted Peoples that will come under your kingdom on a conquest As well as a city!

The southern hex is also filled with barbarians! there are around 80 troops and 220 other assorted peoples.
>>1481750
got 2 votes for scouting already so that seems to be the plan for the spring
Conquered hexes regain their population over the course of one year! Your current population is 900/900

>Green has converted a new hex!
>Red is scouting out new lands for conquest!
>>
>>1481753
send 150 soldiers south
>>
>>1481753
>>1481750
>>1481737
>>Write in (building list is not final)
Is it possible to build some coastal structures?
>>
>>1481753
>They seem to have 150 Soldiers and another 250 Assorted Peoples that will come under your kingdom on a conquest As well as a city!
Are the neutral tiles able to attack us?
>>
>>1481753

The season is now Summer!
>You gain 450 Surplus food
>you gain 300 Coins
>You have a total of 900 food!
>You have you now have 600 Coins
You prepare to send troops south as the king this can be done over the summer!

>>1481755
Yes, in order to move troops over the water you need a military port (250) other coastal options are, Immigration port allow you to bring in new population for 1 coin a person (200) as well as a fishing port that allows 50 people to work in it per level (100 lvl 1 200 lvl 2 ect) Fishermen supply 4 food year round!
>>1481756
They will not attack unprovoked
>>
>>1481754
Are you sure you want to send in 150 troops? If so first response with yes and roll a D20+15!
>>
Rolled 13 + 15 (1d20 + 15)

>>1481761
woahhh, we need to get on those fishing ports stat. Gotta get dem food and fertilizer

>Build
Command Post
Blacksmith
Chapel
both in the westmost hex that will serve as a temporary "capital"

Fishing Port lvl2 in southeast tile. The one at the pit is better served as a trading and defense port.

>>1481763
rolling
>>
>>1481763
Are there any limitations once we send in troops, like a rest timer for extra seasons?

>>1481761
>They will not attack unprovoked
Oh, so they can declare war on us.
>>
>>1481737
>Command post in an unconquered hex increases troops by 10% to conquer, Chapel 100 in unconquered hex increases missionaries by 10%
To clarify, is this bonus global or for the tile it's constructed on only?
>>
File: Invasion map5.png (126KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion map5.png
126KB, 801x801px
>>1481764
You win the battle! You gain 220 More people to your kingdom they will ab able to be assigned to jobs in the coming fall!
You have lost 15 troops in battle, you have 165 Soldiers

Command post are built in hexes you don't control in order to help you conquer them Chapels help you defend as well as attack they can be built in hexes you control or those near by. If you would like to build you must spend the coins and assign workers each building requires 1 on the D20 per 10 of the cost for example a 100 Coin building requires 10 200 is 20 ect as well as each building must be built cumulatively Builders can be assigned like troops where 10 builders make a building 1 easier to build!

With this what do you want to assign your 150 builders to?

>>1481765
They are out for the rest of the season so your 150 troops are busy for the whole summer. If for example you were attacked they would not be able to defend.
>>
>>1481768
Command post and chapel are only for the hex they are in Blacksmith is global
>>
>>1481769
>Northwest tile
>Blacksmith - 30 builders
>Chapel - 60 builders
>Townhall(for diplomatic/economic/political meetings)

>Southwest tile
Fishing Port - next time

>Southeast tile
Fishing Port - 60 builders
>>
>>1481769
>They are out for the rest of the season so your 150 troops are busy for the whole summer. If for example you were attacked they would not be able to defend.
Got it, so no problems for now unless we fail an assault on a neutral.

>>1481769
>1 on the D20
>>1481763
When we do these rolls, what's the dice counting system? Best of, first, something else? Can multiple players roll for the same action?
>>
>>1481777
You say what you are rolling for and you may only roll one at a time, If there is a long time between rolls I will take more from the same person but if we can I would like the die to be spread out.

>>1481774
if this is the plan we need 3 rolls
>one from the blacksmith target number is 7
>one for the chapel target number is 4
>one for the fishing port target number is 4

A town hall will allow you to assign people as emissaries in order to preform diplomatic functions in the name of the pink kingdom it will cost you 200 for the first level then it can be leveled up into Castle, and then a Palace that will give your diplomats bonuses
>>
>>1481783
the others should roll if they agree
>>
>>1481769
>>1481774
Why not make all the buildings in the Southeast Tile to begin with if it's all global bonuses, to make it easier to concentrate defenses? We don't need to get that many builders in the port because it only needs 50 for assured construction.
>>1481783
Southeast Tile
Fishing Port - 30
Blacksmith - 50
>>Townhall(for diplomatic/economic/political meetings) - 70
How does this look? I'm not too sure how we'll use the Townhall, but I'm guessing it's for the other major factions, or maybe extra options for neutrals.
>>
>>1481783
>>1481789
Actually, eh. Might be better to just grow a lot to start with.
Are there any farming options?
Fishing Port x3 - 50 Each
>>
>>1481789
First of all, I am mostly playing from a roleplaying POV. If you disagree on anything because of that one assumption....well. Go ahead and outvote me.

The first set of infrastructure that you build will never quite be the highest quality. Once you get better tech and access to resources, it's easier to build new infrastructure elsewhere instead of tearing down old infrastructure. Eventually, the capital will just move over to the new area for convenience.

In terms of military, concentrating defenses isn't necessarily a good idea. For one, you can't(ludicrously expensive) build walls around harbors, and thus it's a tad harder to get full coverage on coastal tiles. For another, forcing the enemy to spread out makes it easier for us to counter-surround their forces.
>>
>>1481794
>First of all, I am mostly playing from a roleplaying POV. If you disagree on anything because of that one assumption....well. Go ahead and outvote me.
If you can fluff over why you want those particularly for roleplaying, I'd be more keen on listening to what you have to say. How it fits with us and stuff.

>For one, you can't(ludicrously expensive) build walls around harbors, and thus it's a tad harder to get full coverage on coastal tiles.
Well, no, but what about port defenses? Those are the only parts that need defending in a coastal invasion.
>For another, forcing the enemy to spread out makes it easier for us to counter-surround their forces.
Fair point, I'm not sure if there are supply lines like that though in this quest.

>The first set of infrastructure that you build will never quite be the highest quality. Once you get better tech and access to resources, it's easier to build new infrastructure elsewhere instead of tearing down old infrastructure.
Right, I didn't notice the diminishing returns in upgrades. Still, isn't that what it's like building new cities on top of old?
>>
>>1481797
> Those are the only parts that need defending in a coastal invasion.
not if we build blacksmiths and townhalls in that tile

>Right, I didn't notice the diminishing returns in upgrades. Still, isn't that what it's like building new cities on top of old?
From a gamist perspective, levelling up means that it IS better to just stick to one area. No confirmation on diminishing returns yet, particularly when buildings provide global effects.
>>
>>1481798
>No confirmation on diminishing returns yet, particularly when buildings provide global effects.
There sort of is in prices, since its price increases by +100 gold per linear growth. Unless it's possible to split up populations for increased bonuses that is.

>not if we build blacksmiths and townhalls in that tile
The blacksmith and townhalls are on the coast directly adjacent to the port? I figured they'd be further inland if we're talking on a practical and roleplaying level.
I was talking about invasion bottlenecks and tactical targets.
>>
>>1481797
I was planning as the game unfolds to bring in other options for stuff like that give more options as people learn the rules for example using spies to sow discontent and so on.

With buildings that level up you need the first level to build the second, for example a hex with a level 1 cities can be made to have level 2 and then 3 but it needs to have all of the lower level ones.

The main thing it it makes it harder to do a level 4 city upgrade can be made into a Capital, but to make a level 4 city you spend 400 Coins meaning your Target number is 40 making the limiting factor builders.

You can only have each upgrade on a hex once and global buffs just take the best one you have access to. So if you had 2 level 1 blacksmiths the 2nd one wouldn't do anything, So you cant have 2 level 1 fishing ports on one hex
>>
>>1481800
>I figured they'd be further inland if we're talking on a practical and roleplaying level.
I was still going off of
>>1481789
>Why not make all the buildings in the Southeast Tile to begin with

that said, I wonder what kind of port defenses we DO have...
>>
>>1481798
>From a gamist perspective, levelling up means that it IS better to just stick to one area.
>>1481803
Figured that's what might happen with how we're learning all these mechanics on the fly. So we are encouraged to have certain specialized hexes based on additional mechanics.
>>1481803
>So you cant have 2 level 1 fishing ports on one hex
Fishing ports are only global growths? I figured they'd be built in each hex like farms.

>>1481804
>I wonder what kind of port defenses we DO have...
>inb4 it's literally just a sign that says “pls no invade.”
>>
>>1481804
in the case of port defenses it is assumed that you have the ability to use your Troops in that tile to repel invaders, if a tile is attacked there is the 'defenses' upgrade that makes your troops more effective in defending that tile. If that is a fortress in a mountain or a fortified dock and boats on a coast hex I left that one more up to how you want to describe it allowing you to have a catchall term for fortifying a hex.
>>
>>1481811
You can only have one fishing port upgrade per hex but the higher the level of the upgrade the more that are spread out along that coast.

With fishing ports you may assign people to manning them at a rate of 50 per level of the port.

If you have 3 coastal hexes you may have a level 1 on each. and so on. The primary advantage of them is that they let you make food in the winter (when farms do not)
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.