[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeon of the Endless Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: DoTE.jpg (123KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
DoTE.jpg
123KB, 460x215px
A loud explosion, a booming sound.

The metallic floor plating shakes under your feet, metal creaking under immense stress. Bolts and rivets jut out of the walls' steel panelling, ricochetting in the small quarters, the pipes inside the walls bursting and jetting out a dense vapor-like gas. '''The transport you are in is under attack!''' Alarms blare alive, its sirens deafening. White fluorescent lights suddenly die out as they're shattered and wires cut loose from the ceiling, hanging and sparking. The auxiliary emergency lights come alive, a dim glowing red, set out in a guiding path before you.

'''You are a prisoner''', once held helpless in your cell. Now, for better of for worse, your once imprisoning cell lays broken before you, the energy wall detaining you and keeping you in is deactivated. This is your chance to escape. But to where?

The ship you are in is a prisoner transport, you know most of the escape pods are not near the prisoners' quarters but rather near the crew quarters' and the command deck. However, you also know very little about the ship's layout, and you have to make your way out of it quickly before the ship is shot down!

You have nothing on yourself but basic clothing: a yellow jumpsuit with the numbers '''"023-D"''' imprinted on both your back and front, and boxers underneath. You have no shoes and no socks. Fortunately, your hands are not bound, as you are in one of the low-security prisoners onboard.

'''What do you do?'''

Hi lads, this is my first attempt at organizing a /qst/, so bear with me and be patient! I hope you enjoy your time here if you're interested. I hope my writing isn't too bad.

This story will be heavily based on the events of the game Dungeon of the Endless.

I've decided to keep the MC nameless and not described for you guys to be able to immerse into the story better.

I'll be here all day and most of tomorrow.
>>
>>1478483
On a related note:
forgive my lack of proper text formatting, like I said, first time writing and I'm having a bit of a hard time finding everything out!
the triple apostrophes were meant to bold the text but i guess that didn't work out.
whoops.
>>
>>1478483
>'''What do you do?''
>>1478487
This is the prompt for our action, right?
>''The transport you are in is under attack!''
If so, attempt look for other prisoners to join up with as we move to the crew quarters for the escape pods. I don't think we're allowed much elsewhere with our prisoner status, unless we somehow managed to negotiate with one of the guards for freedom in exchange for risking our lives or being used as cannon fodder.

>>1478483
>Hi lads, this is my first attempt at organizing a /qst/, so bear with me and be patient!
So you haven't read any other quests around here, or read the pastebin advice for new QMs from the looks of it. I could give some advice and a link to what I'm talking about, but it might be better reserved for the end of the thread.
Otherwise, you should be aware it takes a while gain questers for a quest, and it might be a hit-or-miss.
>>
>>1478510
>So you haven't read any other quests around here, or read the pastebin advice for new QMs from the looks of it. I could give some advice and a link to what I'm talking about, but it might be better reserved for the end of the thread. Otherwise, you should be aware it takes a while gain questers for a quest, and it might be a hit-or-miss.
Yes to the first one, no to the second, I haven't spotted the pastebin. I get that /qst/ can be rather slow.

>This is the prompt for our action, right?
Yep!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>If so, attempt look for other prisoners to join up with as we move to the crew quarters for the escape pods. I don't think we're allowed much elsewhere with our prisoner status, unless we somehow managed to negotiate with one of the guards for freedom in exchange for risking our lives or being used as cannon fodder

You walk over the path highlighted by the emergency red lights, sometimes losing your stepping as the floor shakes beneath you, but you make it out into the main corridor of the prisoners' section. You hear panicked screaming from the other cells, half of them have collapsed, and are in worse condition than yours was in, a few others are empty, the people inside long gone. The more unlucky ones lie holding their knees, in fetal positions in fear, still imprisoned behind the energy cell walls. Heavy metal supports have been dislodged and have blocked the about half of the cells' exits, some crushed a few of the prisoners. Blood seeps out under the blocked doorways into the main corridor, although it is hard to see under the dark and dim lighting, but you feel it with your naked feet, something lukewarm and slippery. You notice that a couple of prisoners are standing a bit further back in the corridor, frozen in fear. A young, blonde woman and a dirtied, skinny middle aged man. You call out to them to follow you, and they snap out of their daze, running over to you. It seems they're willing to follow, but are still too shocked to speak. Those still trapped inside their cells cry out for you to help them out and not leave them inside.

You look around and realize that the guards are nowhere to be seen, and have probably left the prisoners' wing. The door exiting the corridor is ajar, a metal pole jamming it and preventing it from closing. You run through the doorway, finding a new, open room. This seems to be the guards' checkpoint room.

You see many terminals, some still working and left powered, though barely so. Desks and metal storage lockers litter the small trashed room, papers all over the floor. There could be some useful things in this room but you must be quick.
>>
>>1478579
>Those still trapped inside their cells cry out for you to help them out and not leave them inside.
More allies will be helpful for the ensuing fight.
>>1478579
>You see many terminals, some still working and left powered, though barely so.
>There could be some useful things in this room but you must be quick.
Spend what limited time we have to finding out how to release the rest of the prisoners, and announce over the intercoms about the invaders if we succeed. If we do, then they can help pick up whatever is around.
>>1478579
>You notice that a couple of prisoners are standing a bit further back in the corridor, frozen in fear. A young, blonde woman and a dirtied, skinny middle aged man.
Ask for a sitrep from the two for whatever is going on that stupefied them while we're working.

Sorry about that, I figured some other anons might try something. You might want to consider advertising on /qtg/, but that's up to you.
>>
File: Craver.png (424KB, 650x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Craver.png
424KB, 650x1016px
>>1478976
>Ask for a sitrep from the two for whatever is going on that stupefied them while we're working.
You speak to the two prisoners.
"What the hell is going on?" - You ask.
"I- I don't know! I think the ship's being attacked by pirates!", responded the middle aged prisoner. "What kinds of questions are you asking right now?! We need to get out of here before they blow us to bits!"
The girl pipes up, speaking loudly as another explosion shook the cabin."We didn't know what to do! The guards all left us in our cells and ran away! They might've evacuated all of the crewmembers already!"

>Spend what limited time we have to finding out how to release the rest of the prisoners, and announce over the intercoms about the invaders if we succeed. If we do, then they can help pick up whatever is around.

"Shit shit shit!"
You manage to find one of the working terminals and use what little functionality they still have to open the cells. Unfortunately the working terminal does not connect to every cell, so only two more cells open, the rest are locked shut by the emergency lockdown system. Two figures step out of their confinement, the first is a huge, muscular 6'5" man. His head is shaved, he sports tattoos all around him, and wears a tanktop with his top half of his prisoner jumpsuit tied around his waist. He grabs a piece of steel as he dashes out of the cell, handling it like a baton. The other figure is a 7' tall alien, a Craver from what you know. An insectoid race, albeit genetically modified and uplifted, with a gaunt body. Four long sinewy arms extend from its shoulders, with many cybernetic and mechanic implants. A fear-inducing sight, for you know the Cravers are one of the most dangerous species in the galaxy, known to enslave lesser civilizations and consume worlds until they are naught but dust and deserts. The craver moves his head towards the exit, scanning the corridor with its 'eyes'.

How do you proceed? Do you take chances with the Craver and the large prisoner?

----------------------------------------------------------------

>You might want to consider advertising on /qtg/
Neat, i might pop in there. By the way can you give me the link to that pastebin you mentioned earlier?
>>
>>1479120
>Do you take chances with the Craver and the large prisoner?
>>1479120
>and announce over the intercoms about the invaders if we succeed.
Yeah, tell them about the pirates and how we might all die if someone doesn't deal with them. Everyone's already losing their shit so they might be the only ones capable of doing so.

>>1479120
>By the way can you give me the link to that pastebin you mentioned earlier?
>>1449992
>Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w

I’d suggest including some prompts and a write-in option so questers have some ideas on what to do.
>>
>>1479255
>Yeah, tell them about the pirates and how we might all die if someone doesn't deal with them. Everyone's already losing their shit so they might be the only ones capable of doing so.

023-D (you) open the intercomm channels of the prisoner wing.
"Prisoners! Pirates are attacking the ship, the guards and other crewmembers have abandoned us! I've freed who I can from the cells, we need to stick together if we want to survive!"

You close the intercomm channels, blowing air out of your nose in stress. The girl and middle aged man look at you with uncertainty, but they both nod their heads towards you, they understand you need as many hands as you can get to get out of the ship alive. You still have some time to search the room, but only enough to look through the desk or the bust-open lockers. You could, however, ask the girl and the man to do it for you instead.

>What do you search?
>[The Lockers]
>[The Desk]
>[The Room in general]

Just as you finish, the alien creature and the large prisoner both look at each other menacingly, the latter firmly grasping his metal bar before he grunts and saunters over to the exit, towards the guard room. The craver stares quietly before running forward past the jammed door and into the room along with the rest of the prisoners and you. Your message seems to have been taken to heart by both prisoners, fortunately, as moments after the Craver steps through the broken door, another large explosion shakes the entire ship, the ceiling and walls of the corridor collapsing and trapping the rest of the prisoners. Wiring bursts out of the panelling in the guard room, sparks and shocks arcing through the air, though thankfully missing all of your followers. The terminal you just used flickers and flashes, shorting out. The door to the main deck of the ship opens as the terminal is fried.

There's only one way out to the main deck, through the door that just opened.
>You could give some words of encouragement to your party before moving forward.
>Conversely you could just hurry up and get out without a word before this room blows up too, like the prisoner wing.
>>
>>1479376
>The Desk
Look for documents on map plans of the ship so we can handle more detours. Look for locations of the armory to fight against the pirates, locations for EVA suits when the ship starts depressurizing, and alternate routes to the escape pods. If we can, some documents to obtain more access codes and legally make all the prisoners free too in exchange for their cooperation would be great.
>You could, however, ask the girl and the man to do it for you instead.
Ask them to look through the lockers for anything we can arm the prisoners with.

>>Conversely you could just hurry up and get out without a word before this room blows up too, like the prisoner wing.
Time is of the essence, they don’t need words of encouragement when they know their lives are on the line.
>>
>>1479459
>>1479413
Woops, didn't notice the linking.
>>
>>1479459
You first ask the girl and the middle age prisoner to scour the lockers, which they do, quickly darting over to them and clearing open the lockers. As they look through the contents left behind, they find three pistols left behind and three magazines for each, a shotgun, a box of 42 shells and four collapsible steel staves. They take the weapons out and arm themselves, taking a pistol each and a quarterstaff.

You search the desk, looking for anything useful. As you scrounge through the desk's drawers, you find a printed, detailed map of the ship's layout, as well as a couple of spare keycards. The armory is near the command deck, past the main deck. There are escape pods about 40m from where you are standing right now, in the main deck, and also in the cockpit. You also notice that there are no other prisoner wings in the ship, unfortunately, and the papers for their crimes are nowhere to be found in the guard's desk or room. Seems you and your crew of four are all that's left for now...

The ship rocks once again, the floor rumbling. The ship might not hold on for too long.

You notice that there are maintenance shafts are printed on the map as well that lead around the ship, although it might be far too dangerous to use them in the current conditions of the medium-sized ship.

As you mull the details of your plan, the girl and the middleaged man come to you with the weapons in their hands. The large prisoner's eyes dart between you and the exit. The craver stands eerily quiet and calm in the room. It's hard to tell what the alien is thinking.

>How do you arm your party before moving out?
>>
>>1479648
>They take the weapons out and arm themselves, taking a pistol each and a quarterstaff.
So I'm guessing we have 1 spare pistol and 2 staves now. I guess I can tell them to swap if I want to.

>>How do you arm your party before moving out?
>>1479120
>The other figure is a 7' tall alien, a Craver from what you know.
>>1479120
>Four long sinewy arms extend from its shoulders, with many cybernetic and mechanic implants.
Craver gets a spare collapsible steel stave and the big guy's spare metal bar. He's the biggest guy, has enough arms to wield both of them at once, and he might be too alien to have guns designed for him. He’s the most likely to get the best mileage out of the melee weapons.
>>1479120
>huge, muscular 6'5" man.
Big guy gets the shotgun, he can handle the recoil and he’ll already be in near melee range with a gun like that. Unless the shotgun comes with a strap to holster it, he can’t just drop the gun to switch to a melee weapon anyways.
I’ll take a pistol and collapsible stave.
Each person with a pistol gets a magazine.
>>
File: Pirates Board the Prisoner Ship.jpg (26KB, 648x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pirates Board the Prisoner Ship.jpg
26KB, 648x360px
>>1479759
>Inventory:
Misc: Ship Map, 2 Keycards (Unknown Use)
>[012-B (Craver)]: 1 Collapsible Steel Staff, 1 Metal Bar
>[003-C (HUGE Prisoner)]: Shotgun, 42 shells.
>[023-D (Player)] Loaded Pistol, 1 magazine. 1 Collapsible Steel Staff
>[019-D (Female Prisoner)] Loaded Pistol, 1 magazine.
>[045-D (Middle aged male prisoner)] Loaded Pistol, 1 magazine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You distribute the weapons obtained to your team according to your quick and instinctive assessment. The members of your 'team' all seem satisfied enough with their weapons, specially the HUGE guy, whose face slowly contorts into a sadistic smile as you hand him the shotgun along with the ammunition. You give your team a good look for a couple of seconds, now finally noticing their prisoner identification numbers. On the girl's chest, the ID '019-D' is printed in black ink over her right breast, on her yellow jumpsuit. The middle aged prisoner's ID is '045-D', the large man's is '003-C' and the Craver's is '012-B'. With their identifications in mind, you tell them to follow you along into the Main Deck.

As you and your team move through the various ruined corridors of the ship, following the map's indications with difficulty due to the dim lighting of the emergency red lights, you find the corpses of other would-be prisoner escapees, many of them shot, others harmed beyond recognition by stray shrapnel from the blown walls. The sirens still blaring, the ship begins to tank to the right as another explosion is heard. This one is far off, but the tremors and shaking is still felt, coming from behind you. Could they have gotten the engines? You move forward a few steps, finally reaching the Main Deck.

Your wandering thoughts are cut short as a boarding pod rips and penetrates the prisoner transport's hull, a few meters ahead of you. The hull creaks in protest as the main deck is temporarily exposed to the elements of space, the vacuum left by the pod embedded on the wall of the main deck promptly begins to suck everything out: air, bodies and furniture, until the foam repair system seals the cracks left on the hull, temporarily stopping the vaccuum.

The pod hasn't opened yet, but you're sure that it will in a very short amount of time. You're standing on the entrance to the main deck, and there are a few crates and steel desks about the room where you can hide in or grab cover behind. The door exiting to the next hallway that leads to the Command Deck is just across the room, but you're not sure you can make it with everyone in time. You can also, however, stay in place in the corridor, and hope the pirates won't spot you or head your way.

What'll you do?
>Remain hidden in the corridor.
>Make a run for it across the deck into the next corridor leading to the command deck.
>Quickly try to grab vantage points in the deck.
>>
>>1479947
I always forget to do a
>write-in
>>
>>1479947
>>Quickly try to grab vantage points in the deck.
Set up an ambush for the pirates. We'll have to deal with them later anyways and having people wreck the ship will shorten the amount of time we can escape. All our weapons are close range, so let's make it so they can't make use of any rifles they might come with.

>>1479960
Oh, so that exists.
>>
>>1479648
>They take the weapons out and arm themselves, taking a pistol each and a quarterstaff.
>>1479947
>>[019-D (Female Prisoner)] Loaded Pistol, 1 magazine.
>>[045-D (Middle aged male prisoner)] Loaded Pistol, 1 magazine.
Don't these two also have staffs as well?
>>
>>1480004
Right, forgot to add it to their lists.
DW I will keep them in mind.
>>1479975
You quickly formulate your plan, telling your fellow prisoners to move behind the metal desks and the crates and prepare for an ambush against the boarding party. They all nod, quickly running to grab cover behind the steel furniture in the deck, though the Craver, being 7 feet tall has a bit of trouble doing so, having to kneel behind a stack of metal crates near the escape pod. You too move to prepare yourself for the oncoming battle, holding your pistol close to your chest. You breathe in and out. This wouldn't be the first time you've fired a gun, or shot someone.

The pod's airlock hisses open, and the pirates step through into the deck. You hold your breath, leaning to one side of the crate, just enough to peek over at the boarding party.

You notice that they're all Cravers, just like your fellow prisoner.

Thoughts race your mind. Was the prisoner transport convoy being set up? Are they all here for that one prisoner? You can't risk turning on him now, not that you would have, but now the question presents itself quite openly now. Should you have?
No time to answer these questions now. You have to get out of this ship somehow.

You grasp your gun tightly in your hand. Your party holds their position, unseen by the pirates. 012-B, the Craver, makes no move, still as a statue.

>Fire at the pirates
>Stay still
>Attempt to talk to the pirates.
>Write-in.
>>
>>1480048
>Thoughts race your mind. Was the prisoner transport convoy being set up? Are they all here for that one prisoner?
If we're being set up, the Craver would've told us the pirates are cool and we can go with them instead of risking our lives on a decompressing ship. We're all prisoners, so that should make us viable recruits if they cared.
>>1479947
>you find the corpses of other would-be prisoner escapees, many of them shot, others harmed beyond recognition by stray shrapnel from the blown walls.
Given how nearly all prisoners are being killed already, I'm pretty sure they're just killing everyone for reasons unknown. Plus, I don't think that just because they're Cravers that they're all on the same side. However, if they want him to come I guess they’re willing to destroy an entire ship for it?

>>1480048
>>Write-in.
Quietly gesture to our Craver for whether they're friendly or not. If they are, talk, if they aren't, open fire.
>>
>>1480074
>Given how nearly all prisoners are being killed already, I'm pretty sure they're just killing everyone for reasons unknown. Plus, I don't think that just because they're Cravers that they're all on the same side. However, if they want him to come I guess they’re willing to destroy an entire ship for it?

It was implied that the guards shot them on the way out as they escaped too.

>Quietly gesture to our Craver for whether they're friendly or not. If they are, talk, if they aren't, open fire.
The craver looks at you for a second, before shaking its head. It grips the metal bar and the staff on its hands harshly. It doesn't seem to know the pirates.

You nod, leaning once again to the side of the crate, lifting up your pistol and looking through the sights at the Craver standing nearest to you. Everyone else with a gun places their fingers on their trigger, ready to blast into the action.

You hold your breath and pull the trigger of your pistol. Time slows down, adrenaline rushing through your veins and arteries, eyes focusing on the target. Fire spews out of the barrel and a slug of hardened tungsten comes out flying at supersonic speeds, a halo of superheated air/plasma surrounding it. The recoil of the pistol pushes your arms back, just as you see the bullet penetrate and splinter the armor of the pirate, its insides cavitating and expanding as the slug tears its guts and bones apart, leaving a two inch bleeding hole on its chest, and an ever wider exit wound. The pirate drops too its knees, hitting the ground hard and loud.

Your sense of time returns to normal, the rest of your companions too, firing their weapons and peppering the pirates with overwhelming fire from the surprisingly powerful guns you found.

012-B, the Craver, jumps out from behind the crates, wielding his staff and his makeshift metal baton, striking the first pirate in front of him hard across its abdomen with the staff, breaking its ribs before pummeling and crushing its head with a swing of the metal bar. 003-C, the HUGE prisoner then breaks into a boisterous, maniacal laugh as he fires his semi-automatic shotgun at the rest of the pirates, the fiery pellets tearing limbs apart from the pirates, sometimes taking chunks of their body along with it.

The pirates fire back a few times, but under the heavy supression they hit nothing but the metal crates and the ceiling, their aim going wide. Two pirates manage to dive away from the oncoming hail of bullets and projectiles, rolling behind cover.

From the short burst of gunfire, you have spent four or three bullets from your gun, leaving you with 5 in the magazine, plus the other one in your jumpsuit's pocket.

Your party has overwhelmed the enemy pirates with the element of surprise, only two pirates remain, and you have the upper hand, but they still have their assault rifles.

>Finish them!
>Write in.
>>
>>1480189
>The pirates fire back a few times, but under the heavy supression they hit nothing but the metal crates and the ceiling, their aim going wide. Two pirates manage to dive away from the oncoming hail of bullets and projectiles, rolling behind cover.
So now they're suppressed, great.

>>1480189
>>Finish them!
>>Write in.
Some folks suppress to cover the ones moving up to flank and finish them off. They're outnumbered, stuck in a range their rifles are shit in, and spray-and-praying so hard that they're legit just suffering from recoil.
Shotgun just suppresses with that incredible spread, the other pistols take shots if they try popping themselves out.
We and the Craver move in to flank.

>>1480189
>It was implied that the guards shot them on the way out as they escaped too.
Well then I have no sympathy if the guards get themselves killed.
>>
>>1480220
019-D, 045-D and 003-C all fire at where the two Craver pirates are, further suppressing their abilty to maneuver behind cover. The pirates stick their rifles over the cover, firing blindly at the three prisoners, as you and the other Craver prisoner move in through the sides of the room, wielding your weapons.

The pirates are too busy being desperate and emptying their guns as they fire uselessly and aimlessly to notice the three prisoners stopped firing at them as you and the Craver sneak behind them. When they do notice, it's far too late.

You bring up your pistol, aiming at one of the pirates square on its insectoid face, before pulling the trigger two times, the bullets making a mess on the crates as they dig into the alien's face and utterly destroys it, brain matter, blood and crushed bone painting it and the floor with nerve fluid, blood and plasma. The other pirate's end is not as quick, as the Craver prisoner drives the staff into the pirate's collarbone, crushing it and piercing through it. The pirate hisses and shrieks in pain, squirming under the staff until the Craver starts beating its head to a pulp with the metal bar, caving its head inward.

Brutal.
And yet 003-C is still laughing his head off like this is all a game to him. Psycho bastard.

You shake your head at the bloodbath left behind by you and misfit team of pirates. Some sight. Not in all of your days of petty crime have you seen a scene like this, nor lived through one. Nonetheless you're pretty sure you can move forward without having to worry about pirates sneaking up behind you now, at least. You can worry about the psychological effects of the battle after you're *out* of this damned ship.

>Leave the main deck immediately and head towards the Command deck.
>Search the area.
>Write in.
>>
>>>1480220
>>1480225
They were the same but >>1480225 had some extra comments.

>>1480281
>>Search the area.
Take their gear. Check to see if the boarding pod can be used to escape, if not, take any good shit before proceeding.
>>
>>1480225
>Well then I have no sympathy if the guards get themselves killed.
They figured the cravers were after the prisoners to enslave them, didn't want them falling into their hands, preferred to kill them off. They're scumbags in general though.

>>1480287
>They were the same but >>1480225 had some extra comments.
Yup.
-----------------------------------------------------
>Take their gear. Check to see if the boarding pod can be used to escape, if not, take any good shit before proceeding.
You and your teammates take some time to reload your weapons before moving over to their gunshot-ridden corpses, pilfering their weapons (5x Craver Assault Rifles + 3 Craver Sabers) and ammunition. Their rifles come with slings, so you and your teammates are able to sling them across your backs. Their armor is unusable, you think, as they're seemingly attached to their mechanical augmentations. Your craver friend though, rips them off their corpses, before placing it over his own mechanical augments.

Once your finished taking their things, you move into the boarding pod, finding a couple of med-kits and a couple of backpacks half-full of ammunition (x20 magazines, x10 in each bag). As you check the bags and the pod busily, you find out the boarding pod has no controls for maneuvering it. It seems they're meant to be fired away at ships and then recovered later by the mothership of the pirates.
003-C climbs into the pod a few moments later as you're busy looking around, a sneer on his face.

"Trying to keep all the good stuff to yourself aint'cha, boy."

>Write-in.
>>
>>1480336
>"Trying to keep all the good stuff to yourself aint'cha, boy."
Nah, figured you'd just search once you finished up there. Was trying to see if we could just use this pod to escape. Anyways, what guns are you good with?

>>1480336
>Once your finished taking their things, you move into the boarding pod, finding a couple of med-kits and a couple of backpacks half-full of ammunition (x20 magazines, x10 in each bag).
Give a med-kit to the pistol prisoners, they're on medic duty.
Split the ammo evenly up with everyone else. We and the big guy hold the ammo backpacks.

It occurred to me we didn't ask what their weapon specialties were, not like we had that much time with the collapsing ship.
>>
File: Corridors.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Corridors.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>1480371
Thought I'd wait for another response as I saw one anon pop up but deleted his post. RIP.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You look back at 003-C, shaking your head.
"Nah, figured you'd just search once you finished up there. Was trying to see if we could just use this pod to escape. 'Sides, I was gonna ask what guns you were good with."
The prisoner looks at you with distrust, walking over to you. "I'm good with anything, boy." He grabs one of the ammo packs, throwing it over his wide shoulders. "Whatever we find, I get to carry the biggest gun."
You look at him, arcing an eyebrow before grabbing the other backpack yourself, along with the medkits. You step out of the pod and jump down onto the floor.

The girl prisoner, 019-D, looks at you with a concerned expression. "Can't we just get out of here already? Why're we picking up all of this stuff? We should jet out and wait for someone to pick us up... There will be someone that'll pick us up right?"

"I don't know." You respond, handing her a medkit. "Here, hold on to this. You too." You say, handing a medkit to 045-D.

The middle aged prisoner and 019-D take the medkits. "Why're we bringing these for?" Asks 0-45D.

"Just in case. You two'll play medic if any one of us gets injured." You shrug.

"I see." 045-D simply holds onto the medkit, not really having anywhere to put it.

You note that each one of your companions is holding a rifle and a spare magazine in their pockets, They don't seem to be able to carry much more than what they already have on them. You'll have to hold off on them carrying their own ammo. That aside, 003-C steps off the pod, landing with a heavy-sounding thud. You turn back to find him holding at tri-barrelled rotary machinegun (IE a minigun) with a large magazine on its underside, feeding into the gun. He grins maliciously at your group.
"I can bring on the pain on these shitty pirates with this."

You frown, surprised. "Where the hell'd you get that from?"

"One of the lockers in the pod, you forgot to search them."

"Lets just get a move on and get to the escape pods. I don't want to stick around until the pirates resume their attack."
They all nod in agreement and follow along. It doesn't take you too long to reach the main deck, walking quickly through the damaged hallways with your team in tow, armed up to the teeth.

There are various doors in view in the command deck, not to mention the sole escapepod left behind by the guards and the crewmembers. The room is just as trashed as the rest of the ship, wires hanging, parts of the ceiling metal panelling are missing. Bodies lay strewn, bloodied and shot.

You stop to give orders to your crewmembers, but another barrage of fire from the pirate ship stops you, the ship shaking once again as their assault starts once again, probably due to them not hearing from their boarding party.

>Board the escapepods and leave already
>Check the bodies
>Check the doors
>Write-in
>>
>>1480805
>You stop to give orders to your crewmembers, but another barrage of fire from the pirate ship stops you, the ship shaking once again as their assault starts once again, probably due to them not hearing from their boarding party.
So we're actually being fired at by their ship now, this is bad. We don't have much time before the pod risks being damaged.

>>1480805
>There are various doors in view in the command deck, not to mention the sole escapepod left behind by the guards and the crewmembers.
Valuable data we could use.
>>Check the bodies
Look for anyone who looks like an officer or important staff member and take their data, if there isn't one proceed to
>>Board the escapepods and leave already
>>
>>1480842
>>1480805
>>1479947
>Misc: Ship Map, 2 Keycards (Unknown Use)
Don't know if we can still use these keycards, but they might be useful for later. Stuff that possibly help us gain more privileges is useful.
>>
File: Escape Pod.png (49KB, 616x213px) Image search: [Google]
Escape Pod.png
49KB, 616x213px
>>1480842
>>1480848

You bite your lip as you begin to feel the dread of impending doom, but you can't risk leaving just yet, not with so much valuable intel left behind yet. You order 019-D and 045-D to check the bodies of any important-looking crew members to see if they have anything valuable on them, information or otherwise. You and the Craver get to one of the doors while 003-C starts getting the escapepod up and running, it's locked shut, and you need a keycard, but you remember having snatched two of them from the guard's room.

You take the keycards from your pocket, and slide them through the magstrip. The first one fails, but the second one unlocks the door. It slides open just as the ship shakes again from another barrage of fire. You shake your head and walk in. It's a small storage room, but the door that opened was at least a half a foot thick. You wouldn't have been able to shot this door down, not even with the tri-barrelled MG. Nonetheless you and the Craver find a metal container, sealed shut and with another card slot right beside its lock. You decide that you have no time to play treasure-hunter and open it here and now, so you and the alien both grab hold of the surprisingly heavy container, hauling it over to the pod just as 019-D and 045-D carry an injured officer into the pod.

You shoot them a confused look.
"What're you doing with that corpse!?"

"She's still alive, she's breathing. It looks like she got shot somewhere on her abdomen but the bullet went through. We can get our charges dropped if we save her! I- I mean, maybe!" Quips up 019-D.

"And the info I told you two to get!?" You shake your head as another barrage hits the ship. You hear muffled explosions coming from far into the ship, tremors and creaks all around you. "Ah hell we don't have time for this, quick, move into the pod!"

You and the rest of the crew all quickly move inside the escape pod, 019-D and 045-D quickly setting down the unconscious officer on one of the seats, strapping her in before they sit down themselves and strap themselves in. You and the Craver push the container into the pod before moving inside and sealing the airlock shut.

"Alright, big guy, get us out of here!"

"Hell, about time, I was just about 'ta leave you all here behind." He smiles darkly, chuckling with a deep, raspy voice. He turns around, sitting on the pilot's seat and ejecting the escape pod from the ship. The ride's bumpy, and the electromagnetic launcher slings the escape pod out of the ship, just as the pirates fire at it one last time. You hold onto the passenger grab handles for dear life as the escape pod narrowly escapes a fiery end, the prisoner transport blowing into a million bits and pieces of molten metal as it finally gives way once a barrage of missiles hit it.

>Write-in.
>>
>>1480935
This is pretty much the end of the first adventure, we can write up the last bits to wrap it up.
>>
>>1480935
>You decide that you have no time to play treasure-hunter and open it here and now, so you and the alien both grab hold of the surprisingly heavy container, hauling it over to the pod just as 019-D and 045-D carry an injured officer into the pod.
>>1480935
>>Write-in.
First, first aid on the injured officer, a first hand account will provide the most intel we can get. Figure out where everyone went to when they ditched us. Check what’s in that heavy container, probably something really important.

>>1480947
Got it.
>>
>>1480339
>>1480805
>Thought I'd wait for another response as I saw one anon pop up but deleted his post. RIP.
It's fine. You mean that anon? He could've still contributed if he wanted to. Only problem was the vote was made after the update was made.
>>
File: Dust.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dust.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
>>1480966
While 003-C maneuvers the escape pod as it begins to get sucked in by the nearby planet's gravity field, you quickly get 019-D and 045-D to use their medkits on the injured and unconscious officer, ripping open her clothes and patching her up. 045-D seems to be quite adept at taking first-aid measures, quickly wiping away the blood, sterilizing the area of the wound with iodine tincture then suturing it closed before placing a pad of gauze on it and applying a bandage to keep the gauze in place.

The officer groans, but it still knocked out cold, still in pain.You pat her cheek, trying to wake her up, then start shaking her by her shoulders firmly, but to no avail.

You purse your lips and scoff in annoyance before turning towards the heavy container. You kneel down and slip keycard that didn't work earlier on the door, into the keycard slot of the container. The container takes a few moments to process the keycard before its locks unlatch and the container opens. Within it was...

A large, glass canister containing a luminiscent, gas-like substance, gold in color, that flowed and swirled inside the secure canister, as though it were alive. You blink several times before you frown.

Dust?
>>
>>1481076
>Dust?
Sweet, we gonna get high off our own product now?
>>
>>1481105
Yes and no.
Since this adventure is set in the Endless universe, i'm gonna list a link that explains what Dust is
http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Dust

Dust is a near-magical substance, composed of trillions of nanobots that work together, almost sentient in nature. Capable of augmenting organics and non-organics alike, transforming them into something far superior, and might even lead to immortality.
>>
>>1481105
https://wiki.endless-space.com/academy
The heroes' bios in the Academy show how Dust enhances their perception, mental abilities and physical abilities, but it can be dangerous as well, as a sharp intake of dust can kill you.
>>
>>1481076
>Dust?
>>1481148
>>1481168
On a serious note, inform the rest of the party and either split our shares, or if they want we could pool it together to buy some really cool shit, or make some really cool shit later. Personally I'm in favor of pooling it for some cool shit together.
Help out with the first aid with our spare time, and check over the acquired intel.

>>1481148
Yep. Basically the in-game currency.
>>
>Yep. Basically the in-game currency
Ssssort of, while used in a galactic or imperial scale, it certainly isn't your high-class citizen's currency, much less your common man's coin.

It's still a rare substance.
>>1481190
You sit back, holding your head. What to do, what to do. You don't know what you were expecting when you opened the container, but you certainly didn't expect a canister full of dust. You decide to keep it, for the entire party, so you tell them anyways. If the stories are true, one whiff of this thing and you could change your entire life, become... anything really. On the other hand, if you sell this, you'll make a pretty penny out of it, probably be able to buy your own luxury ship and lead an honest life.

Yeah right, like that'll ever happen. You chuckle to yourself, shaking your head.

You and your fellow prisoners decide to pass the time speaking as the escape pod flies off into the distance, slipping into one of the nearby starlanes and heading to the nearest settlement at FTL speeds, no longer bound by the planet's gravity field. The pirate's ship's been left behind, as though it didnt bother to chase them after shooting down the transport ship.

You'd check your intel, if you had any, but unfortunately your crewmembers decided to bring the unconscious officer aboard instead of anything actually useful. She might, however, tell you what the hell went down after she wakes up. Might take a while though.

Any necessary first aid on her has already been carried out by 045-D, so there's not much to do in the pod but wait until they reach the nearest colony. Could be hours.
>>
>>1481190
I think this is as far as I go tonight, we've had a pretty good session, lasted just a bit over 12h.
i need some time to think up the next story. Hopefully more people'll tag along and join in.

I went off script here and took the storyline in another different direction rather than the original one I had in mind, but it worked out okay. I think.
>>
>>1481277
>I think this is as far as I go tonight, we've had a pretty good session, lasted just a bit over 12h.
Huh, that's much longer than I imagined.

>I went off script here and took the storyline in another different direction rather than the original one I had in mind, but it worked out okay. I think.
If you can handle that then you're doing a good job. How much did it deviate?
>>
Damn OP, And here I was planning on making an endless quest too. Hat's off to you then and I hope it lasts a while.
>>
>>1481367
>If you can handle that then you're doing a good job. How much did it deviate?
A lot towards the end, though I could still veer it back into the original theme to keep things interesting,that way i can keep building on the story of the original lore, which had the pod crash into the planet.

>>1481567
Beat you to the punch haha, but if you're better at this stuff than I am then I can let you take over. I'm liking the QMing so far, but I still have issues finding the actual text formatting to make the updates more engaging.

I have no idea how to bold, do italics, change letter size or change letter color.

Also
Update: will be starting the second adventure soon!
I can try to make character sheets for each NPC and the MC, though I'm new with D20 systems in general. I always had help from my GM to help me do rolls n stuff. Guess I'll have to really start studying this whole skedaddle.
>>
>>1481969
>I have no idea how to bold, do italics, change letter size or change letter color.
>>2

>>1481969
>A lot towards the end, though I could still veer it back into the original theme to keep things interesting,that way i can keep building on the story of the original lore,
What are your plans if you follow the derailed version?
>which had the pod crash into the planet.
Oh. How’d we avoid that?

>>1481567
Which Endless game were you planning to base your quest off of?

>>1481969
>Beat you to the punch haha, but if you're better at this stuff than I am then I can let you take over.
Have you two considered QMing together? Might help with the workload.
I've seen it done once between Trick QM and someone else in a detective quest. Genie and Post Apoc Civ Quest also has the QMs share mechanics and setting notes.
>>
>>1482310
>What are your plans if you follow the derailed version?
Go on an adventure, the usual.
use the intel you get from the officer as a macguffin and lead the group into a quest for finding the origins of the dust artifact you found in the chest, play it off from there onwards like i did with most of this run.

>Oh. How’d we avoid that?
I might've done that by accident on my part.

>Have you two considered QMing together? Might help with the workload.
That could certainly work, but we'd need a few more anons to liven up the quest. 2 QMs and 1 player is a bit unbalanced.
>>
>>1482932
Shit ill play :) I like this so far
>>
>>1483204
neato

I might start writing the quest for tomorrow then!
>>
>>1483413
Oh goodie :)
>>
>>1482310
Was planning on a mix of Dungeon and legend with you guys playing as a Broken Lord on a dust delving expedition.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.